PDA

View Full Version : Pistons aftermath after being eliminated: Is it Rasheed's fault? Will Flip be fired?

SportsAnalyzer
05-30-2008, 11:19 PM
That's my prediction, I can't see how you bring a man back to be the coach of the pistons after his team lost the last 3 ECF after reaching the Finals the season before he was the head coach. I mean how many chances can you give a guy to get a team over the hump???

Flip will be fired Sunday or Monday.

Kiddlovesnets
05-30-2008, 11:22 PM
I think so. Even the Hawks and Cavs managed to win all the home games against the Celtics and extend the series into game 7 while the Pistons were defeated twice at home. No doubt Flip Saunders is the key to Boston's success and he deserves to be fired.

bballnoob
05-30-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't think he will be. There have been no off court distractions and it is extremely difficult to make it to the Finals. Detroit's a jumpshooting team, you have to expect more inconsistencies from them especially when Rasheed Wallace is one of your focal points. I think a coaching change at this point would have a minimal effect at best.

305Baller
05-30-2008, 11:25 PM
His teams just dont have that extra intensity at the end. Good coach, maybe, but something is up.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I say no.
But Sheed has to go.

final.wrath
i think this group has done all it can do together

move rip or sheed for a true big man, you cant get it done as a jumpshooting team

vert48
I think he gets fired, but there is no reason to fire him over the weekend unless there are coaches out there Detroit might want, and could go elsewhere.

SportsAnalyzer
05-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I think he gets fired, but there is no reason to fire him over the weekend unless there are coaches out there Detroit might want, and could go elsewhere.

Why Wait?

Rekindled
05-30-2008, 11:29 PM
benching maxiell when he was playing like a monster.....

DeuceWallaces
05-30-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm not a big Flip fan but I don't see how it was really his fault this year or last. Had good rotations and adjustments. In the end Sheed and Tay just didn't show up.

Mamba
05-30-2008, 11:34 PM
tonight watching the game, Rasheed Wallace did not play with a sense of urgency and was very apathetic whilst in the game.

Rasheed Wallace who is a solid post up threat shot the ball from the 3 point arc 6 times! and made none of them. whoever told him he could shoot the 3 was obviously lieing to him.

as soon as he went to the bench the Pistons had taken the lead with Mcdyess and Maxiell as there front court, and flip Saunders went and put sheed back in and what does he do? he loses the game for them, he gets in early foul trouble, backchats the refs and was just straight out lazy.

i expect rasheed to be traded at the end of the year, he is pretty much worthless without a strict coach.

TruthKGRay3412
05-30-2008, 11:37 PM
They got beat by a better team over coming the refs also..why blame the coach?:confusedshrug:

vert48
05-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Why Wait?Have you ever run a company? You never fire an exec unless you know what the next move is. Who is currently not coaching a team that would be better than Flip? Are there coaches that would leave their jobs to go to Detroit? Until Detroit knows who they want to replace Flip, there is no reason to fire him.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-30-2008, 11:42 PM
I agree....as much as i like him......he played horrible all series.....he needs to take the blame 100% instead of cussing out at officials....

huge disappointment

DeuceWallaces
05-30-2008, 11:49 PM
They got beat by a better team over coming the refs also..why blame the coach?:confusedshrug:

Go away. You ***** about the refs even when the Celtics win. When the Lakers beat you will ya even come back here again? Will you wait till the fall? Will you create another user name?

Attila
05-30-2008, 11:50 PM
One I had in mind was

Carlos Boozer
Jason Hart

for

Rasheed Wallace
and 2 First Round Picks.

Hotlantadude81
05-30-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm not a big Flip fan but I don't see how it was really his fault this year or last. Had good rotations and adjustments. In the end Sheed and Tay just didn't show up.

Well, they simply don't play tough enough under him I don't think. They aren't playing as tough as they did under Larry Brown.

Kujo
05-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Rasheed Wallace is an enigma. Like Chuck Barkley has said, due has/had the talent to be one of the best PFs in the NBA.

All that buddy buddy stuff with Garnett was a no no. He really played poor all series. If Rasheed has an MVP like series, Det probably wins.

With Rasheed being 33, and Jason Maxiell developing, Joe Dumars should seriously considering trading Sheed. I think Flip Saunders should be replaced as well. Detroit will never win a title with Flip as the coach imho.

embersyc
05-30-2008, 11:54 PM
There aren't any better coaches than Flip available right now, anyways it might be time to break this team up and if thats the case I say no harm in keeping Flip at least one more season.

As much as I've been on him in the past, its hard for me to blame him in this series when some of our guys just plain didn't show up.

305Baller
05-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Nobody was making shots in the 4th.

DeuceWallaces
05-30-2008, 11:56 PM
I guess I'd be OK with Avery or Van Gundy, but they seem like lateral moves even though they've both been to the finals and Flip hasn't.

cured
05-30-2008, 11:56 PM
Flip has already been fired, it just isn't official yet.

omarnyc
05-30-2008, 11:59 PM
rasheed was on the take

Kujo
05-30-2008, 11:59 PM
I think is Flip is done in Motown. This team is not going to win a title with Flip as the coach. I just didn't get why he didn't play Maxiell more in this series. Mindbogglingly stupid.

Sheed should be traded as well. Detroit needs to shake up there roster a bit.

DeuceWallaces
05-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Only thing I can bash him for is not playing Amir while they were getting killed on the offensive boards.

catquickspider
05-31-2008, 12:00 AM
you have to blame flip too
for not making them post up sheed

Attila
05-31-2008, 12:01 AM
Another one I had thought of.

Pistons Receive:
Chris Kaman
Brad Miller
Al Thorton

King Receive:
Cultino Mobley
Josh Powell
Brevin Knight
08 Pistons 2nd Round Pick

Clippers Reveive:
Antonio McDyess
Rasheed Wallace

Shepseskaf
05-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Flip will be fired Sunday or Monday.
Dumars knows he has to make a coaching change, but it things won't happen that quick.

D-Fence
05-31-2008, 12:06 AM
It seems to me that Wallace hasn't been very inspired these Playoffs, and he's displayed an especially bad attitude at times, including in this last game. Still, the Pistons aren't contenders without him. The franchise would go straight to rebuilding mode, while probably being a mediocre Playoff team out of the East for a while.

Many fans have been calling for the Pistons to shake things up for the past couple of seasons, but as long as they're at least making Conference Finals appearances, I would try not to let go of Billups, Hamilton, Prince, or Wallace. It might be time for a new coach, though. And, improve the bench, and they could be back to the Finals.

Kombo
05-31-2008, 12:11 AM
I want Ron Jeremy's brother... no Avery please.

Hotlantadude81
05-31-2008, 12:14 AM
You want to know the irony? SA and Detroit have built their teams on defense and slow tempo and it's lead them to some good things. But it's lack of offense that has become their downfall this season.

DeuceWallaces
05-31-2008, 12:14 AM
I think Van Gundy would be the only guy I'd keep the team together if they got. I just hope he'd get them to rebound, that's it.

DeuceWallaces
05-31-2008, 12:15 AM
You want to know the irony? SA and Detroit have built their teams on defense and slow tempo and it's lead them to some good things. But it's lack of offense that has become their downfall this season.
Offensive rebounding lost them this series.

SportsAnalyzer
05-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Peter Vescey on NBATV said tonight he expects Flip to be fired

mdj615
05-31-2008, 12:33 AM
I agree about Wallace but it really seems like the entire Pistons squad lacks real heart. I can't imagine how dangerous they would be if they came out battling for life every single game. Don't get me wrong, I know they do that every so often, but sometimes they're just too laid back.

DeuceWallaces
05-31-2008, 12:35 AM

Well that's a reliable source.

Real Men Wear Green
05-31-2008, 12:37 AM
benching maxiell when he was playing like a monster.....
That was definitely his biggest mistake, especially seeing as Sheed had been playing like ****. Wallace did get two baskets when he finally started posting, but Maxiell might have been the second-best Piston tonight (behind Billups). Over the course of the series he was actually far better than Wallace, who for God knows what reason thinks he's Reggie Miller.

305Baller
05-31-2008, 12:38 AM

Hahah Peter "snake" Vescey? Hes been involved in more false information than the CIA.

Real Men Wear Green
Peter Vescey has more credibility than you, but only barely.

Detroit
im down for any coach, but flip , sheed, mcdyess, and maybe billups, all need to go!!!

what if dantoni came to detroit?? we will score about 200 points a night :roll:

shaoyut
05-31-2008, 12:43 AM
poor sheed

ChrisKreager
05-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Why didn't he try making more three-pointers?

After Game 5, you think he'd try more of those.

Coolaak
05-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Sheed, u da man. its gonna be hard to see you go, especially for moments like this http://youtube.com/watch?v=55G6hrKSxWQ. thx for all the 3 balls that u missed.

TruthKGRay3412
05-31-2008, 12:54 AM
He was a disappointment all series long..and tonight in the biggest game of the series..he had 4 points.He is almost as soft as Pau Gasol..but I wouldn't take it that far.

ShowTime LA
05-31-2008, 12:56 AM
What's your definition of soft?

baseketball4life
05-31-2008, 12:56 AM
mods please delete

oh and Lakers in 5

Kombo
05-31-2008, 12:58 AM
how dare you speak that way of pau. he's going to have to grow his beard out again to prove his manliness.

VCMVP1551
05-31-2008, 01:03 AM
Detroit's goal is to win a championship and Flip might just not be a championship coach.

Look at some of these regular season records and then the playoff result.

2003-2004 58-24, Lost In The Conference Finals to a dysfunctional 56-25 Laker team with Gary Payton playing like sh*t
2005-2006 64-18, Lost In The Conference Finals to a 52-30 Team
2006-2007 53-29, Lost In The Conference Finals to a 50-32 team that got swept in the Finals
2007-200859-23, Lost In The Conference Finals to an inexperienced team.

When you have a team like the Pistons who have won a title just 5 years ago and got back to the Finals just 4 years ago then anything short of the Finals is not enough.

I also think that losing Ben Wallace hurt although that was for the better because he was pretty much done by the time he left.

Maybe Jason Maxiel can become a Ben Wallace type player.

Tips4
05-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Sh*t up !!! You are just trying to find a reason to critize him. Just remember this : if it wasnt for him the detroit pistons woudlnt have that championship title and they would just be considered that 50 win team for 2-3 years and back to the draft for rebuilding. Give him his respect and go to comment on some other thread. I know if Chris Bosh won us raptors one title he can jack up 3's for the rest of his carrer and miss em all but i we wont talk crap about him.

305Baller
05-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Why did the Pistons foul with 1:30 left?

Mamba
05-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Sh*t up !!! You are just trying to find a reason to critize him. Just remember this : if it wasnt for him the detroit pistons woudlnt have that championship title and they would just be considered that 50 win team for 2-3 years and back to the draft for rebuilding. Give him his respect and go to comment on some other thread. I know if Chris Bosh won us raptors one title he can jack up 3's for the rest of his carrer and miss em all but i we wont talk crap about him.
why did u put an astericks where a u should be when you said shut up. wow someones retarted.

anyways did u watch the game? i like rasheed as a player, i got his portland jersey, but guess what he has just became apethetic, i do blame flip saunders aswell, but he really ****ed himself up.

Tips4
05-31-2008, 01:12 AM
why did u put an astericks where a u should be when you said shut up. wow someones retarted.

anyways did u watch the game? i like rasheed as a player, i got his portland jersey, but guess what he has just became apethetic, i do blame flip saunders aswell, but he really ****ed himself up.

its there just make sure they dont delete my post, they really dont have any patience with me anymore. I know what he did was wrong but player make mistake, his mistake is big at a big stage but what he has done in past for the piston outweights what he did today !!

Mamba
05-31-2008, 01:14 AM
its there just make sure they dont delete my post, they really dont have any patience with me anymore. I know what he did was wrong but player make mistake, his mistake is big at a big stage but what he has done in past for the piston outweights what he did today !!
ok, but im not saying what he did in the past, i said, i blame this loss solely on Rasheed Wallace, if he played with his full potential detroit would have won the chip in 05 and 07.

I know my stuff
05-31-2008, 01:43 AM
I think Flip will be fired and the pistons may trade jason maxiell because he has tremendous up side they will keep the starting five but make an addition at center by signing emeka okafor and possibly dealing tayshaun to sign shawn marion i believe joe thinks he is still on the brink and with those players u can lose you would have the best bench if you could keep mcdyess and prince in that equation then draft young and put high hopes for stuckey to take over in next 2 or 3 years

Mamba
05-31-2008, 01:55 AM
if that happened they would win the chip easily, but i don't think they have the $$ to sign okafor, i mean bogut just got 80 million dollars, okafor's going to be looking for rashard lewis money after that.

Vancouver-Grizz
05-31-2008, 02:40 AM
One thing I was dissapointed in FLIP was that he didn't use Rasheed in the low block enough. Did anyone see how much trouble Sheed was giving Perks down low in the third quarter???? If they would of continue doing that, sheed wouldn't be shoooting such low percentage shots.

Lebron23
05-31-2008, 03:19 AM
I want to see Flip Saunders coach the Cavaliers next season. :)

embersyc
05-31-2008, 08:57 AM
I want to see Flip Saunders coach the Cavaliers next season. :)

Why? The Cavs coach already outcoached Flip in 2 different series.

SportsAnalyzer
05-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Flip is too SHAKY and CLUELESS to be a NBA Coach

JellyBean
05-31-2008, 10:51 AM
I doubt Flip gets fired. With a injured Rip and a 70% Billups, this was not a Pistons team at max power. I figure Flip will get 1 more year, which he should get.

For the Pistons to cut him loose would be silly.

flintstone
05-31-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't see any major changes...although, I do expect Flip and Sheed to be looked at first. Some amount of changes will take place, and are of course needed....the question is where.

The Pistons are a 50 win team "as is"....you don't blow up 50 win teams...you tweak them.

Still, if the right deal (s) comes along, I expect Joe D. will do what he has to do...and no one is 100% safe.

dafunkphenom
05-31-2008, 11:50 AM
They just got beat by a better team top to bottom. What do you expect?

Da Hammer
05-31-2008, 12:17 PM
i know it isnt Rip's fault he is a very good player and he played very well this series. but if i was the pistons i would explore his trade value to see if they can pick up a talented defensive beast with at least decent offensive skills big man to along side wallace. when they were in the finals those 2 times the last couple years its cause they had 2 talented beast defenders in the wallace's defending the paint. it was just tough to score on them because the opposing teams couldnt score in the paint against them. Rip is expendable and can be replaced but what ben wallace brought to that team for all those years wasnt and that's why they havent been able to make the finals anymore.

bballnoob
05-31-2008, 03:36 PM
One thing I was dissapointed in FLIP was that he didn't use Rasheed in the low block enough. Did anyone see how much trouble Sheed was giving Perks down low in the third quarter???? If they would of continue doing that, sheed wouldn't be shoooting such low percentage shots.

Pretty sure Wallace is more to blame for that aspect.

shaoyut
05-31-2008, 05:17 PM
trade wallace and prince for lebron

TruthKGRay3412
05-31-2008, 05:58 PM
trade wallace and prince for lebron

How old are you? just curious because this is one of the dumbest trade proposals ive seen in my time on ISH.

DeuceWallaces
05-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Is Elton Brand an option? I see he has an opt-out. A trade for Sheed could free up a buunch of money for the Clips at the end of the year and possibly not piss of their fans if Brand just walks.

starface
05-31-2008, 06:44 PM
For such a quality team, the Pistons' cap situation is very impressive. The only players signed past next season are Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and Amir Johnson. They dont have a single "bad" contract. Combined with the fact that they have an impressive group of young players, I expect Joe Dumars to continue to make the right moves, and I see no reason why the Pistons wont continue to be perennial players in the Eastern Conference

Solid Snake
05-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Here's something I heard on ESPN that I agree with. They said that this core group had been playing together for so long, that they're TOO comfortable with each other, leading to a sense of comfort on the floor (which is usually good) but ZERO urgency. Zero intensity.

They suggested changing a piece or two will resurge this group.

mlh1981
05-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Here's something I heard on ESPN that I agree with. They said that this core group had been playing together for so long, that they're TOO comfortable with each other, leading to a sense of comfort on the floor (which is usually good) but ZERO urgency. Zero intensity.

They suggested changing a piece or two will resurge this group.

That, and 3 out of the 4 key guys will be 30 or older next season. Not that I see any dramatic falloffs in their performances, but you pretty much know at this point what you are going to get from this group. The "upside" is non-existent. They have maxed out. Alot of teams wish they could "max out" like the Pistons and get 50+ wins and an ECF finals appearance each season, but you worry about the lack of urgency and intensity that has reared it's ugly head the past 3 years now. You can argue that they were the favored team vs. Miami/Cleveland/Boston (maybe? am I wrong about the Boston?). Great teams don't play down to the competition. They find ways to remain motivated.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-01-2008, 12:52 AM
prediction: Sheed goes to the Mavs in the offseason.

Attila
06-01-2008, 02:45 AM
prediction: Sheed goes to the Mavs in the offseason.
For?

Mamba
06-01-2008, 04:26 AM
i honestly think that they'll give rasheed to the cavs for like joe smith, sasha pavlovic and big Z.

can u imagine that line up?

c: Wallace
pf: Wallace
sf: James
sg: Wally.s
pg: West

that would kick some ass!.

FPower
06-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Flip is a terrible coach, and I've been subjected to him for so long that I've actually become numb to watching his horrible basketball schemes.

That being said, it's not really important to fire him now, as I think this team's window has passed. I just don't think the core players have the youth and energy to play championship level basketball. They can do so in spurts, but I think it's probably age, not arrogance, that induces them to "flip the switch". They don't have the legs to hustle 48 minutes, and hustle is what that team was originally designed around. They imposed their will on games with monsterous passion and athleticism.

I do think their will be major changes at some point in the next year. Dumars has to see the writing on the wall at this point. Time for a new direction.

flintstone
06-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Like someone mentioned already...the Pistons contract issues are good. The options on which player (s) to move, are a few....It's going to be interesting watching Joe D's moves.

Sonic R
06-01-2008, 04:56 PM
i honestly think that they'll give rasheed to the cavs for like joe smith, sasha pavlovic and big Z.

Joe Smith played in Detroit once and didn't work out for squat

Sonic R
06-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Changes of some sort will have to take place.

I doubt Flip gets fired. With a injured Rip and a 70% Billups, this was not a Pistons team at max power. I figure Flip will get 1 more year, which he should get.

For the Pistons to cut him loose would be silly.

Flip Saunders has to be gone

flintstone
06-01-2008, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sonic R]Changes of some sort will have to take place.

Flip Saunders has to be gone

DeuceWallaces
06-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Bill D s not a tightwad owner, but he is not that fond of the luxury tax, so there is a definite balance. He can't be that tightwad, he must have been paying Ricky C, LB, and Flip all in Flip's first year cos of early termination.

blackout
06-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Why the hell would Rasheed get kicked out of Mo Town? What'd he do wrong?

Flip is the one who needs to go...all these consecutive ECF appearances and no progression? The Pistons are wallowing in mediocrity under Flip and if they don't get rid of him soon, Dumars might just dismantle the team and start over sooner then you think.

hawkfan
06-02-2008, 02:52 AM
If Flip gets fired, I can see him landing either in Phoenix (perfect fit for that veteran team) or in Atlanta.

I like the second destination better!

Se
06-02-2008, 05:39 AM

ISH gets better daily

gpfanz
06-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Its BIG BEN's fault as he defected from the fellowship :banghead:

DeuceWallaces
06-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Chris McCosky has reported Flip will remain as head coach.

matt1016
06-02-2008, 10:07 AM

That's okay by me. Flip had a good year. He seems to be developing the young guys - who was the last Piston coach that we could say that about?

Who is available to replace Flip anyways?

Michael Curry? He should take over in another year or two, when we're retooling a bit more and the expectations are lower.

Avery Johnson? Not sure if that would be a huge upgrade over the Flipper.

Jeff Van Gundy? Does he even want to coach anymore? Do we want to watch this team play slow-down ball even more?

matt1016
06-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Its BIG BEN's fault as he defected from the fellowship :banghead:

I don't know if I agree with that. If Ben stayed, I think the complacency would've been even worse. And we would've been tied to him for 4 years, $48 mil (I think those were the contract numbers...)

matt1016
06-02-2008, 10:20 AM
The Pistons are wallowing in mediocrity under Flip and if they don't get rid of him soon, Dumars might just dismantle the team and start over sooner then you think.

Nah, mediocrity is something a lot worse than making the conference finals over and over. Lots of fans would switch places with the Piston true believers.

Kujo
06-02-2008, 12:30 PM

I don't get it. Joe Dumars is a smart guy. You'd think he realize by now this team will not get the NBA finals with Flip as the coach.

Perhaps this means Sheed or somebody else will get traded to shake up the roster.

flintstone
06-02-2008, 12:33 PM

If they keep Flip, I'd be surprised if the keep Sheed.

daballa13
06-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Can't replace Sheed!

http://www.pixelmarx.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/rasheed-right-on-nba-ref-scandal.jpg

DeuceWallaces
06-02-2008, 02:01 PM
I think it's pretty certain that's it was either 'Sheed or Flip; I'm surprised at Joe D's choice.

flintstone
06-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I think it's pretty certain that's it was either 'Sheed or Flip; I'm surprised at Joe D's choice.

I'm surprised too.

Dice has one more year (@ around 8 mil...I think?)....he will retire if traded, or maybe come back for one last year (off the bench), with a big pay cut? Sheed and Rip could go out as a big package?....or, Sheed and Tay?.....who knows (probably, not even Joe D. at this point).

I do think, that if Flip is staying....Sheed is not the only starter leaving.

Rumors I have read thus far: Sheed to the Bobcats....Rip to Chicago....only rumors though.

matt1016
06-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I think Tay, Dyess, and Rip are the definite keepers among the starters.

Tay's perimeter defense and all-around game, combined with his willingness to blend in and complement others on the offensive end, makes him very valuable. And his contract's reasonable...

Dyess plays hard, is a leader, and is perfect for the role of # 1 big man off the bench. I think he can productive for several more years if they keep his minutes around 25-30.

Rip is still in his prime, had a great playoff run, and I can imagine him working very well with Stuckey. I'd keep him over Billups, even though Rip would probably bring back a nice piece or two in a trade.

That leaves Billups and Sheed as prime trade bait. Billups would be tougher to move due to that contract he just signed, but both guys will be attractive to teams looking for a veteran to push them over the top.

This is going to be an interesting summer...

matt1016
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Don't underestimate the job Flip did this year with the bench.

Amir and Max both came along nicely (Max more than Amir, but still...)

Stuckey looks pretty darn comfortable running an offense. Flip deserves some credit for that, doesn't he? At the very least, Flip didn't confuse the crap out of him with a giant offensive playbook. That counts for something.

Afflalo might turn out to be a rotation guy. He wasn't expected to do much out of college, so that would be a plus. Flip gave him some starts and probably helped his confidence grow.

Even Samb had his moments. At the very least, he's a trade throw-in who is more valuable than his minimal salary. Those kinda pieces help make bigger deals happen.

Name the last Piston coach to develop a young talent. Then look at what Flip's done this year and give him some respect for that...

matt1016
06-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Dumars built the team around guys that were basically discarded by other teams.

If he follows the same model to rebuild (lots of good-not-great guys, hungry guys, reasonable salaries, team depth, young discarded veterans) there may be some surprising names coming back in trade. I'm expecting guys who maybe haven't lived up to expectations and some lunch-pail guys.

Here's some of the guys I can see as Pistons:

Marvin Williams, Leon Powe, Desagana Diop, Jared Jeffries, Anthony Parker, Chris Duhon, Sean May, Roger Mason Jr, Etan Thomas, Luther Head, Mickael Pietrus, Shelden Williams

A couple of those guys can probably be picked up off the scrap heap this summer ala Jarvis Hayes. Others like Marvin Williams would be targeted in a trade where Joe gives up an established guy to take a chance on a younger player (ala Stackhouse for Rip.)

AI3Anthony
06-03-2008, 01:17 AM
It was reported today that flip saunders will return as head coach of the pistons so stop talkin about

embersyc
06-03-2008, 01:28 AM
It was reported today that flip saunders will return as head coach of the pistons so stop talkin about

It was also reported (by a better reporter with more team connections) that no decision has been made yet.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2008/06/saunders_future_to_be_decided.html

kidachi
06-03-2008, 07:55 AM
man, bad boys 2 are breaking up? i'll miss this team. one of the funnest teams to watch on and off the court..

KempSonics
06-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Don't be surprised if they are around for 1 more year. Sheed's the most obvious candidate to be moved because of his contract but Joe isn't going to give him away for free. He had a poor conference finals but that aside he was still pretty damn good all year. He showed no sings of slowing down. In fact, I thought he was better this year than he was last year.

konex
06-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Flip is done:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3423956

MaxFly
06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Yup, Flip is gone...

Kiddlovesnets
06-03-2008, 11:31 AM
It's time to un-sticky this tread since Flip is already gone...

Coolaak
06-03-2008, 11:31 AM
just saw on local tv bye bye flip

final.wrath
06-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Its not entirely Rasheed's fault. Its the groups fault. Rasheed doesn't maximize his talent in the post enough but he plays tough defense and is a team leader. Too often it seems like we jump on Rasheed and forget about how bad the rest of the group did.

I feel like Amir Johnson didn't get enough playing time this year. Last summer he wowed GMs in the summer camps and gained enough interest to force Dumars to lock him up for the short term with a 3.3 million dollar contract. Saunders should have been playing Amir and letting him play through mistakes the same way he was letting Stuckey do that. Dumars said, "You know the way Rodney can do certain things for us on the court that nobody else can? I feel the same way about Amir from the frontcourt position with his speed, length, shotblocking." I think Flip definately messed up with AJ and we should've seen a consistent tandem of Max + Amir off the bench.

I think Maxiell can play center if he can body Dwight Howard.

Everybody is on the table. Sheed and McDyess are expirers, and Rip Hamilton's production might be the easiest to replace with Stuckey and Aflallo as the guards. Whatever trade Dumars can get the most value back with he's going to pull the trigger on and that means you never know what could happen. I do expect to see changes and I'm kind of excited.

dd24
06-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I think Rasheed and Chauncey could be gone. It's possible they move up in the draft and go for a solid player. Flip was terrible with the bench again. That's not an underestimation. Stuckey was just a beast. He wasn't even there most of the season so he couldn't play. I think Dumars probably put some pressure on him to develop the young guys otherwise we wouldn't have seen them at all. The guy knew his job was on the line and probably thought he had a better chance of winning with veterans than rookies.