PDA

View Full Version : Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

insidehoops
06-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Discuss the Finals now that the Celtics upset the Lakers in Los Angeles to win Game 4 and take a 3-1 series lead.

aznboy2k2
06-13-2008, 12:59 AM
I can't seem to find Kobe's statistics for game 4 of the NBA Finals. Can a Kobe/Laker fan, please inform me.

Thanks.

bigkingsfan
06-13-2008, 01:00 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/96jjns.jpg :banana:

http://i27.tinypic.com/2n19izl.jpg

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-13-2008, 01:01 AM
i have no idea why the game thread can't also be the post-game thread. i mean wtf? only in a perfect world would i be able to see the 5 threads dominating the board rite now combined in the game thread..

Vendetta
06-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Discuss the Finals now that the Celtics upset the Lakers in Los Angeles to win Game 4 and take a 3-1 series lead.

The Celtics didn't upset the Lakers. They are the best team in the league. The Lakers lost a game that they were expected to lose by anyone with a brain. When the Lakers win a game, that's called an upset... not when the Celtics win. I don't care where the game is played.

MacBirdTruth
I can't seem to find Kobe's statistics for game 4 of the NBA Finals. Can a Kobe/Laker fan, please inform me.

Thanks.

Not good.

Mr_Basketball#1
Celtics vs. Lakers

PG: Rajon Rondo/Derek Fisher
SG: Ray Allen/Kobe Bryant
SF: Paul Pierce/Vladimir Radmanovic
PF: Kevin Garnett/Lamar Odom
C: Kendrick Perkins/Pau Gasol

Celtics Bench: Cassell, Brown, Powe, Posey, House

Lakers Bench: Vujajic, Farmar, Mbenga, Turiaf, Ariza

TruthKGRay3412
06-13-2008, 01:03 AM
ahaha what a great night..i was so pissed when we wereo down 24..then Pierce and Garnett went bananas..great defense..I LOVE POWE...I LOVE THIS TEAM..IM DRUNK..3-1 SERIES LEAD..F ALL THE EXPERTS WHO DOUbTED THIS TEAM ALL YEAR LONG...WHAT NOW iDIOTS

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by aznboy2k2

Thanks.

espn.com and nba.com. are you sure your a fan of the nba? i mean not being able to find a score in this day and age = brainless.

aznboy2k2
I hit open layups

lol

Spudjjay
06-13-2008, 01:04 AM

:banana:

Silverbullit
06-13-2008, 01:05 AM
ahaha what a great night..i was so pissed when we wereo down 24..then Pierce and Garnett went bananas..great defense..I LOVE POWE...I LOVE THIS TEAM..IM DRUNK..3-1 SERIES LEAD..F ALL THE EXPERTS WHO DOUbTED THIS TEAM ALL YEAR LONG...WHAT NOW iDIOTS

I doubted the team all year long, but I'm no idiot :no:

Mamba33
GJ Celtics, now my team's gonna have to pull a Cinderella Man+Rocky Balboa...
Lol damn man

NoGunzJustSkillz
The Celtics didn't upset the Lakers. They are the best team in the league. The Lakers lost a game that they were expected to lose by anyone with a brain. When the Lakers win a game, that's called an upset... not when the Celtics win. I don't care where the game is played.

vegas odds my friend. u can't change a fact.

Mr_Basketball#1
where is the ray allen gif of him blowing past sasha or PJ brown dunking on kobe?

MMM
06-13-2008, 01:06 AM
I hope the Celtics end this in 5 it would be great to win at home but you can't risk giving life to Kobe Bryant.

Misconceptn
06-13-2008, 01:06 AM
I actually thought kobe could be mentioned in the same breath as MJ.
But really this series loss would destroy any comparison.
Of course he's one of the greatest but really probably only a top 50 player at this point. Why does kobe always have to play so ****ty in the finals.
Game 2 Kobe was the kobe we should of seen this whole series.
Kobe needs to go back to an 05-06, 07-08 kobe to win this thing.
Pau plays like ****, and odom sucks balls Kobe needs to just carry this team and go for 50+ every game from here on out.

knickscity
06-13-2008, 01:07 AM
I'm thinking the Lakers get beat by 20 on Sunday. Phil and Kobe get ejected. Classic way to end it all.

~LA's fine$t~

You're a bandwagon fan, don't come in here and talk your **** bud.
With that out of the way, congratulation on a great come back. If you win the championship, much praises will come from me. You are a terrific team, and are obviously much better then when you played Cleveland or Atlanta.

Historic comeback, lets see if you guys can close the deal.

Silverbullit
I actually thought kobe could be mentioned in the same breath as MJ.
But really this series loss would destroy any comparison.
Of course he's one of the greatest but really probably only a top 50 player at this point. Why does kobe always have to play so ****ty in the finals.
Game 2 Kobe was the kobe we should of seen this whole series.
Kobe needs to go back to an 05-06, 07-08 kobe to win this thing.
Pau plays like ****, and odom sucks balls Kobe needs to just carry this team and go for 50+ every game from here on out.

He is just a role player, very soft.

kobesabi
06-13-2008, 01:08 AM
I don't know why Kobe stop passing like he did in the first half...and the rest of the teams dissappeared again.

I'm pissed and mad at first...

Now, I'm also sad for Kobe.

Congratz to Celtics.

Samurai Swoosh
06-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Totally emberassing. Series is done, man.

MMM
06-13-2008, 01:10 AM
People are so quick to overreact
we all know Kobe is a great great player
the best player over the last few years
why do people make so much of a fuss about him can we just be rational when it comes to kobe.

don juan de marco
06-13-2008, 01:11 AM
damn damn damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. i knewwwwwwwwwwww the Celtics was going to win this game i just had that gut feeling. Rosecity07 i told u if Boston win both of the first games at home then they will win it all versus the Lakers. I feel better about this lose than game 2 lose bcuz the refs called it more even, but we didnt deserve to win. Kobe is an idiot, he should of forced his way to the rim instead of trying to jump shoot all the damn time. the Celtic defense wasnt allowing anything late in the game, Like i said the biggest treat on the Celtics to me is Ray Allen. This lose was all on Kobe and Phil. I agree with everyone Phil Jackson is overrated. Doc monkey@$$ is outcoaching him. oh and Celtic bench>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Laker bench

THIS SERIES IS OVER:banghead: :banghead:

Indian guy
06-13-2008, 01:11 AM
A very LAZY performance by Kobe today. Partially a result of how well his teammates played for much of the first 3 qtrs(Kobe relaxed), but THE reason behind his only good game of the season(Game 3) in 6 meetings against Boston this year was that he worked harder to NOT take bad shots than I've ever seen in my life. He realized that that's what it takes. Today he just went back to playing a normal game, and there's simply no way you can get away playing like that against Boston. I said this at the end of Game 3 itself, Kobe will have to continue working his @ss off like no tomorrow to have another good game. Sadly, outside of desperation time, he wasn't willing to put in the work at all today.

As far as Boston goes; they are so far ahead of every team in the league when they're clicking offensively it's not even funny. I'm just glad since the ECF they keep giving us reasons for WHY they were so clearly the best team in the league during the regular season. Defensively they're unmatched, offensively at home they're among the top teams in the league and when their offense shows up on the road, they beat the crap out of you. That's why they'll soon be champions.

Misconceptn
06-13-2008, 01:12 AM

Thanks.
Kobe

17pts 4rbs 10ast 4stl 2 TO on 6/19 shooting

his play didnt really seem that bad until the closin minutes

Kiddlovesnets
06-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Celtics win the series in 5 or 6, that's guaranteed...

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-13-2008, 01:15 AM

Thanks.

Here it goes

Mr_Basketball#1
06-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Hell we should just start House and Posey and let Rondo and Perk sit. Hopefully we can close this game out.

Hotlantadude81

IF the best team is a team that struggles to get out of the first few rounds, the league is in really bad shape...... Wait, yep, it sure is.

sixerfan82
Kobe

17pts 4rbs 10ast 4stl 2 TO on 6/19 shooting

his play didnt really seem that bad until the closin minutes

he was off all night, some coaches say it's "finding his spots" or "saving his energy" but not in the finals, you play your ass off, otherwise you GTFO

kobe is underachieving for what he is supposed to do and for what he wants to be considered to be. he's having golden opportunity again and again to come through and either the lakers as a team cannot get the ball to him or he fails to hit the big shots

i think the jordan comparisons ended tonight, for good

baseketball4life
06-13-2008, 01:17 AM
congrats to the C's 2007-2008 NBA CHampions

well deserved :applause:

a couple things:

this game proves how worthless Rajon Rondo is, can someone look up his -/+? probably like -25 or something

the Lakers will be back in the finals next year with a familiar face back, Andrew Bynum

enjoy it Boston, cause next year the title will be in CA, whether is the W's or the Lakers

Heilige
06-13-2008, 01:20 AM
A very LAZY performance by Kobe today. Partially a result of how well his teammates played for much of the first 3 qtrs(Kobe relaxed), but THE reason behind his only good game of the season(Game 3) in 6 meetings against Boston this year was that he worked harder to NOT take bad shots than I've ever seen in my life. He realized that that's what it takes. Today he just went back to playing a normal game, and there's simply no way you can get away playing like that against Boston. I said this at the end of Game 3 itself, Kobe will have to continue working his @ss off like no tomorrow to have another good game. Sadly, outside of desperation time, he wasn't willing to put in the work at all today.

As far as Boston goes; they are so far ahead of every team in the league when they're clicking offensively it's not even funny. I'm just glad since the ECF they keep giving us reasons for WHY they were so clearly the best team in the league during the regular season. Defensively they're unmatched, offensively at home they're among the top teams in the league and when their offense shows up on the road, they beat the crap out of you. That's why they'll soon be champions.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I rememebr you predicting that the Lakers would win in 5. How many more games as of now do you see the Lakers winning?

don juan de marco
06-13-2008, 01:21 AM
he was off all night, some coaches say it's "finding his spots" or "saving his energy" but not in the finals, you play your ass off, otherwise you GTFO

kobe is underachieving for what he is supposed to do and for what he wants to be considered to be. he's having golden opportunity again and again to come through and either the lakers as a team cannot get the ball to him or he fails to hit the big shots

i think the jordan comparisons ended tonight, for good

The Jordan comparisons ended a couple of years back when Kobe didnt shoot the ball in the second half versus The Suns

sixerfan82
yea i thinking the celtics close it out on sunday, thought it would be better to celebrate it in the garden

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
:applause: wow surprised a decent post from you*not hating* use to the regular laker this laker that kobe this kobe that. Anyway great win for Boston:applause: give credit to where credits due.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Props to Boston, think LA will take the next one just because of pride/a alittle bit to prove for game four collapse then Boston will take the one at home. If Lakers were to SOMEHOW pull it out of the magic hat then game 7. Anyway bet on Odom being moved next year for a true small forward that can defend and shoot the outside shot. Since Bynum will be back next yr at center and Pau moving to his true position at pf and that leaves out the sf position since Odom is not effective at the 3. Who can we get and for what price/trade?

Fish
Kobe
Bynum
Pau
?

Indian guy
06-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I rememebr you predicting that the Lakers would win in 5.

I did, and I was obviously reeling from Boston's performance the 1st 2 rounds. They have stepped it up since and clearly proven me wrong though.

I think LA can win Game 5. No more than that though.

NoGunzJustSkillz
yea i thinking the celtics close it out on sunday, thought it would be better to celebrate it in the garden

i'll bet the house lakers win on sunday.

RoseCity07
No you didn't, I said the Lakers would lose the series to Boston with all the Lakers fans high on the fact Lakers offense was too good and Boston sucked against the Hawks and Cavaliers. The only thing I was wrong about was when the Spurs lost to the Lakers. I didn't know the Spurs would blow two 20 point leads though or that Manu was playing hurt.

Celtics are just the better team like I said. Kobe's "legacy" is just done. Never was anything close to Jordan, but now even the Kobe d1ck riders can admit to it now. Kobe needs Shaq and that's never going to change.

My predication for game 5 is that the game is any teams for the taking. I think the Celtics want to win this at home but they are going to take the chance to finish the Lakers in LA if they have it. I would love to see Vujacic crying and Kobe coming to the sad realization on live television that he can't win with out a dominant big man.

Paul Pierce is amazing man. That And 1 was crazy, love that gif.

stephanieg
Celtics are probably the only team in NBA Finals history with:

60+ wins
Highest efficiency differential
Number one defense in the league
Home court advantage

And labeled by the media as the underdog. At least when they did it in 2004 LA had home court.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-13-2008, 01:29 AM
i dont think me can get much for odom. i say keep him unless we can get a steal. he'll be the 4th option next year. he'll relish in that position.

sixerfan82
06-13-2008, 01:30 AM
i'll bet the house lakers win on sunday.

should the celtics blame the refs? LOL kidding of course :P

Loki
06-13-2008, 01:31 AM
Kobe needs Shaq and that's never going to change.

Don't get carried away. I dislike Kobe as much as anyone, but there's almost no question that LA is going to win two or more rings over the next 4-5 seasons.

puppychili
06-13-2008, 01:31 AM
The Jordan comparisons ended a couple of years back when Kobe didnt shoot the ball in the second half versus The Suns

Pretty much but there were still some sycophants out there.

Tonight the door some slammed shut period. Any half way reasonable fan has to admit that.

DuMa
06-13-2008, 01:34 AM
Don't get carried away. I dislike Kobe as much as anyone, but there's almost no question that LA is going to win two or more rings over the next 4-5 seasons.
i disagree. lakers are soft in the middle. bynum is not a sure bet even if healthy.

sixerfan82
06-13-2008, 01:35 AM
i disagree. lakers are soft in the middle. bynum is not a sure bet even if healthy.

even if he was, he'd have to match KG's intensity, and i dont think a crazy 6ft wild ape could even do it

Diesel J
06-13-2008, 01:36 AM

you got the gif of that sick baseline reverse layup by ray allen in the 4th?

baseketball4life
06-13-2008, 01:38 AM
Pretty much but there were still some sycophants out there.

Tonight the door some slammed shut period. Any half way reasonable fan has to admit that.
we will see, i think he'll give his team the best shot to win next game. that being said no team has come back from 3-1 which leads me to believe Boston has the series barring a choke. But Bryant can still put the team on his back for a stretch. He's capable of breaking that 3-1 streak if anyone is.

RoseCity07
06-13-2008, 01:39 AM

The Lakers aren't the only team going to get better. Houston will have Yao back, Spurs will be hungry next year, Hornets and Suns may make some moves, the Blazer will get Oden and Fernadez on top of the pick we get this year. Teams like Minnesota, Seattle, Miami, and Chicago are going to add some competition to the league.

No doubt the Lakers best chance to win a title was this year. I could be wrong though if Bynum comes back strong. The Lakers might not be a top seed next year though.

sixerfan82
06-13-2008, 01:39 AM
we will see, i think he'll give his team the best shot to win next game. that being said no team has come back from 3-1 which leads me to believe Boston has the series barring a choke. But Bryant can still put the team on his back for a stretch. He's capable of breaking that 3-1 streak if anyone is.

id put my money on duncan for that bet, kobe has BLOWN a 3-1 IIRC in 2006?

puppychili
06-13-2008, 01:41 AM
From Laker Nation.com

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2008/06/12/lakers-make-nba-finals-1st-quarter-history/

Ha!:roll:

Ha!:roll:

Ha! Ha! :roll:

:roll:

baseketball4life
06-13-2008, 01:42 AM
id put my money on duncan for that bet, kobe has BLOWN a 3-1 IIRC in 2006?
With Kawamae BRown as his starting center. Smush Parker as his PG

06' team is 10 rungs below 08' team.

Misconceptn
06-13-2008, 01:44 AM
Props to Boston, think LA will take the next one just because of pride/a alittle bit to prove for game four collapse then Boston will take the one at home. If Lakers were to SOMEHOW pull it out of the magic hat then game 7. Anyway bet on Odom being moved next year for a true small forward that can defend and shoot the outside shot. Since Bynum will be back next yr at center and Pau moving to his true position at pf and that leaves out the sf position since Odom is not effective at the 3. Who can we get and for what price/trade?

Fish
Kobe
Bynum
Pau
?

Ron Artest>Lamar Odumb (impressed me for one quarter :roll: )

Ron Artest can create his own shot and shoot the outside shot.
With Artest this series would easily be a win for LA. Artest has shown he can fk up Pierce. (Pulled his shorts down:lol )
Artest is making about the same amount as Kwame Brown:banghead:

3stat2
06-13-2008, 01:47 AM
The Lakers of all people should know it's not impossible to come back after being down 3-1 :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pylV_2mT7BE

sixerfan82
06-13-2008, 01:49 AM
With Kawamae BRown as his starting center. Smush Parker as his PG

06' team is 10 rungs below 08' team.

i find the argument illogical, as he was able to win 3 games WITH them at the same positions, but the 4th wasn't possible because of same 2 guys? did they not play in those 3 games or are they just just as an argument because of the loss?

it's a matter of putting the ball in your best player's hands and getting it done, he had 3 chances and couldn't seal the deal

aznboy2k2
06-13-2008, 01:49 AM
Kobe Bryant ain't no Lebron James.
and he ain't no MJ either.

DuMa
06-13-2008, 01:50 AM
The Lakers of all people should know it's not impossible to come back after being down 3-1 :)

this is really different than that series. no offense. lakers have to win 2 in boston to do it. even if they can get to game 6.

Coach A
06-13-2008, 01:50 AM
Today, the Celtics showed why they are champions. They did what a champion would do. :cheers:

3stat2
06-13-2008, 01:52 AM
this is really different than that series. no offense. lakers have to win 2 in boston to do it. even if they can get to game 6.
lol I know, I was joking around

bigkingsfan
06-13-2008, 01:57 AM
you got the gif of that sick baseline reverse layup by ray allen in the 4th?

Loki
06-13-2008, 01:57 AM

It's never been done in the Finals. Zero precedent. I know you were joking, just saying.

DuMa
06-13-2008, 01:59 AM

thats gotta be the signature moment for the boston celtics if they win teh chip.....

thats just reallly reallly a great play

baseketball4life
06-13-2008, 02:00 AM
i find the argument illogical, as he was able to win 3 games WITH them at the same positions, but the 4th wasn't possible because of same 2 guys? did they not play in those 3 games or are they just just as an argument because of the loss?

it's a matter of putting the ball in your best player's hands and getting it done, he had 3 chances and couldn't seal the deal
we'll see on Sunday

west
06-13-2008, 02:00 AM
that's my MAN,rayray finals MVP:banana:

A.M.G.
06-13-2008, 02:27 AM
I put a curse on the Lakers the day after they stole Pau Gasol, damning them to never win another NBA Championship. "Never" is a very long time, so I'll accept it if they simply fail to win one with Pau Gasol. And I like to think that my curse had a little to do with the Lakers choking tonight.

Seriously, I don't much like the Celtics or their fans, but good GOD in heaven are they ever the lesser of two evils!!! Lakers fans, YOU ARE MORONS. THINK BEFORE YOU POST STUPID, DELUSIONAL, JINGOISTIC ****. And the Lakers franchise is just despicable, taking the franchise player of a struggling team and giving them Kwame Brown and filler in return. Sure, the Grizzlies were idiots to agree, but sweet Jesus, how do you even make that offer??? The Grizzlies are ****ed forever!!! I believe that the agony you have suffered tonight at the hands of the Celtics, who made FAIR TRADES to build their team, is a form karmic justice.

LoPro4u2c
06-13-2008, 02:37 AM
I think Chick Hearn put a curse on the Lakers after he died in 2002. Since Hearn died in 2002, the Lakers haven't been able to win a championship.

LoPro4u2c
06-13-2008, 02:41 AM
After watching this game, I think I remembered watching a type of game like this before. Oh thats right. Game 1 WCF Spurs vs. Lakers. Spurs with the 20 point lead with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. What do the Spurs do? Choke. Lakers with a 18 point lead with 5:50 to go in the 3rd quarter. What do they do? Well, you know the answer. Looks like the Lakers took a page out of the San Antonio Spurs' Chokebook.

Killer_Instinct
06-13-2008, 02:56 AM
I still cannot get over this L. I'm not coming back for a while :oldlol: LA had this won and choked.

http://www.w3bdevil.com/forums/No-Darth_Vader.jpg

LakersDynasty
06-13-2008, 03:03 AM
I put a curse on the Lakers the day after they stole Pau Gasol, damning them to never win another NBA Championship. "Never" is a very long time, so I'll accept it if they simply fail to win one with Pau Gasol. And I like to think that my curse had a little to do with the Lakers choking tonight.

REALLY? So you mean it was you that was responsible for the Lakers choking? You're one dumb, delusional mother****er.

Loki
06-13-2008, 03:07 AM
The Laker loss overshadowed a truly momentous Laker event: Lamar Odom did not get called for an offensive foul in the 4th quarter.

Prior to this game, Odom was whistled for a charge in the 4th quarters of each of the previous 92 games.

Silverbullit
06-13-2008, 03:16 AM
i dont think me can get much for odom. i say keep him unless we can get a steal. he'll be the 4th option next year. he'll relish in that position.

Another steal? Memphis has nothing to offer anymore :D

LakersNation562
06-13-2008, 03:22 AM
it took a whoooooole lot of mental focus and toughness to win this game by the celtics. they really showed that they are a far more superior team than the lakers and any other team in the league for that matter. they went through some adversities in this series with paul pierce injuring himself, then perkins, then rondo and then perkins again. but that didnt seemed to faze them at all. being down 24 in LA did not have any negative affect on their game. gotta give doc rivers some credit for this. he kept his team motivated and staying positive. playing that kind of defense isnt easy at all. everyone talks about their defense, but they've executed their offense quite well against the lakers. its all about having patience and being focused mentally. the celtics are a very determined and focused team.

as for the lakers, the team overall lack the mental focus and toughness that this celtics team obviously has. they completely lost track of what they were hoping to accomplish. cant afford to be laxed in a crucial game 4 no matter how big of a lead you've developed, against a team that is well capable of taking control of the game by their sheer determination, patience and focused attention.

LakersNation562
06-13-2008, 03:30 AM
i was willing to forget about this heartbreaking loss but as soon as i learned that the celtics had just set the record for overcoming the largest deficit in nba finals history and winning the game also, i became physically ill. i realize that this celtics victory/lakers defeat is much much much bigger than anything ever before and now i feel sick. migraine headache.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-13-2008, 03:39 AM

So you really think Andrew "Shrek" Bynum can save LA, huh?

http://209.115.37.127/images/shrekbynum.jpg

crisoner
06-13-2008, 04:15 AM

http://209.115.37.127/images/shrekbynum.jpg

Ummmm...he looks nothing like Shrek.
Are your other 51 posts this dumb?

If so...please stop posting.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Ron Artest>Lamar Odumb (impressed me for one quarter :roll: )

Ron Artest can create his own shot and shoot the outside shot.
With Artest this series would easily be a win for LA. Artest has shown he can fk up Pierce. (Pulled his shorts down:lol )
Artest is making about the same amount as Kwame Brown:banghead:

Artest is a headcase so its a 50/50. Marion would be a nice fit, athletic, can slash to the basket, rebound, shoot the mid-range with consistency, quick, but wants a big raise.
Wont be surprise if they kept Odom either and see how everything pans out once bynum gets back.

06-13-2008, 04:21 AM

why are people so retarded? They act like this Laker team reaching the Finals in the toughest western conference race ever was some kind of accident. Who gives a **** if they lose? No one picked them to finish above 7th in the west. Winning it and going thru the defending champs to get to the finals is damn impressive. Boston has played together ALL YEAR, this Lakers team hasnt.

Of course Bynum wont save LA alone, but you throw an athletic 7 foot center (not a PF playing C) who was averaging 15/10 and 4 blks a game to what they already have and its a no brainer there really isnt a team who will stop them. Boston wouldnt be able to do half of what they are doing in the finals with Bynum in the paint. This is still a young team no one expected much from. I am more than happy to get to the Finals this year. Next 4-5 years will be owned by the Lakers so Boston can have their fun now and enjoy it while it lasts :D

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-13-2008, 04:34 AM
why are people so retarded? They act like this Laker team reaching the Finals in the toughest western conference race ever was some kind of accident. Who gives a **** if they lose? No one picked them to finish above 7th in the west. Winning it and going thru the defending champs to get to the finals is damn impressive. Boston has played together ALL YEAR, this Lakers team hasnt.

Of course Bynum wont save LA alone, but you throw an athletic 7 foot center (not a PF playing C) who was averaging 15/10 and 4 blks a game to what they already have and its a no brainer there really isnt a team who will stop them. Boston wouldnt be able to do half of what they are doing in the finals with Bynum in the paint. This is still a young team no one expected much from. I am more than happy to get to the Finals this year. Next 4-5 years will be owned by the Lakers so Boston can have their fun now and enjoy it while it lasts :D

People will just say, he got owned by perkins during the regular season:lol .

Besides the fact the Lakers are down 3-1 i did expect them to take the west but not the title this year, somehow I just felt like noway can it be a cinderella story dream come true. But next year you can book it, will not take anything less then a championship. Admit it laker fans, from the start of the season who would of thought, just be happy Lakers actually took it this far.:cheers:

LakersNation562
06-13-2008, 04:42 AM

lakers didnt play all year? oh so i guess odom,vujacic,walton,farmar,fisher,turiaf,etc. all got traded to the lakers midway through the season? please, the only players that were not on the lakers team from the beginning was gasol and ariza. okay so bynum was injured also but other than that, this lakers team has been together longer than this celtics team. KG and ray allen's first year with the celtics. rondo, only his second year, same as powe. oh dont forget they got 38 year old pj brown late in the season and 37 year old sam cassell as well.

its the structure of the team that needs some remodeling and upgrading. like maybe hire a better defensive coordinator like how the celtics did it. get some athletic and physical guys on the team too.

Bounce
06-13-2008, 04:45 AM
Good job Celtics tonight...

Kobe Bryant needs to be more confident and just keeping sprinting to the hoop, he should feel them out during that moment in a play. I think he would do better that way than observing on the bench or anywhere else within the court. I think the best way to learn about an opponent is in your own position on the team. If he needs to work on his offense or defense, work on that and that only during the game and come up with stragedy. I would do that from Game 1, wouldnt worry about points since there are more games. If you're not working, get the hell out of there. Doc was smart to switch players who didn't work.

donxcore
06-13-2008, 04:48 AM
i was willing to forget about this heartbreaking loss but as soon as i learned that the celtics had just set the record for overcoming the largest deficit in nba finals history and winning the game also, i became physically ill. i realize that this celtics victory/lakers defeat is much much much bigger than anything ever before and now i feel sick. migraine headache.

Don't feel too bad.. i felt that it was Phil Jackson who didn't call a time out when Peirce cut the deficit down to 10 in the 3rd. Phil Jackson did a poor coaching job last nite not realizing the comeback before it was too late. If it makes u feel better... no team has ever won the Championship down 3-1... so if the Lakers upset the Celtics [in my dreams...] it'll be the greatest upset in NBA Finals history. realistically, Celtics might take it 4-2. :violin:

blazerftc
06-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Wow, just checked the box score. Ray Allen never sat once during the whole game, and ends up with what would be the "game winner". Very impressive.

blazerftc
06-13-2008, 05:04 AM

All that after having the largest lead after the first Q in finals history. Game of records tonight.

momo
06-13-2008, 05:38 AM

Seriously, I don't much like the Celtics or their fans, but good GOD in heaven are they ever the lesser of two evils!!! Lakers fans, YOU ARE MORONS. THINK BEFORE YOU POST STUPID, DELUSIONAL, JINGOISTIC ****. And the Lakers franchise is just despicable, taking the franchise player of a struggling team and giving them Kwame Brown and filler in return. Sure, the Grizzlies were idiots to agree, but sweet Jesus, how do you even make that offer??? The Grizzlies are ****ed forever!!! I believe that the agony you have suffered tonight at the hands of the Celtics, who made FAIR TRADES to build their team, is a form karmic justice.

Wow. Do not like beantown fans, like laker fans even less. Who is jingoistic?

ukplayer4
06-13-2008, 05:51 AM
where is the "KOBE IS A MUTHER****ING *****" thread that everyone was posting in? that had all the good stuff in it, wasnt it about 10 pages in like 1 hour......

where is it?

it hasnt been merged.

that had truely great stuff in it terrific all the laker fans turning on kobe it was great, where did it go

anyone?

Vragrant
06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
thats gotta be the signature moment for the boston celtics if they win teh chip.....

thats just reallly reallly a great play

That was just a sick reverse by Ray

He adjusted the balli about 3 times in the air before laying it in.

JellyBean
06-13-2008, 08:43 AM
All I can say is, is wow! I went to work last night and the Lakers were in control. Up by 20-24 points. I figure that I would come home and talk about a 2-2 series.

It seemed that in the 2nd half of the game, the Lakers did not attack as much inside the paint. Plus, the Lakers let the Celtics out hustle them on every play in the 2nd half. That 3rd quarter was all Celtics. They controlled everything; passing, scoring, defense, rebounding, it was just unreal.

Well, we will see how the Lakers respond Sunday. It aint over, but it is getting close. Come on, Lakers!!!

puppychili
06-13-2008, 09:17 AM
It's 6am here in L.A. and I can't sleep. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.To watch L.A. and Kobe choke like that........

I couldn't of asked for anything better. Watching my Laker loving friends have to sit down and shut their fcuking faces after all the nonsense they were spewing at the end of the first quarter was very satisfying.

The Celtics just took their heart!!!! They took their manhood!!! And they did it at their own house! I wish I could of seen a picture of smug a$$ Will Smith after the game was over.

Celtics were getting raped like Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction till Bruce Willis aka Paul Pierce came in the the samurai sword and Ving aka Ray Allen followed up with the shotgun blast. Celtics went medieval on their a$$!!!!!!!

This has to be the best day in Laker Hater history.

I'm putting the over/under of Laker flags I see to day at 5.

:rockon: :cheers: :party: :D

305Baller
06-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow what a game last night, I dont even know why I saw the whole thing, but I did. The Lakers killed Boston in the first half and then just fell asleep. Kobe and Pierce had a duel of a lifetime in the 3rd quarter and then Lakers just couldnt get it going at all while Boston played much better, balanced basketball...credit goes to the veterans on Boston's team which kept it together magnificently.

Shaquille O'Neal
06-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Ummmm...he looks nothing like Shrek.
Are your other 51 posts this dumb?

If so...please stop posting.

I think they have very similar foreheads and jawbones!

Shaquille O'Neal
06-13-2008, 09:52 AM
It's 6am here in L.A. and I can't sleep. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.To watch L.A. and Kobe choke like that........

I couldn't of asked for anything better. Watching my Laker loving friends have to sit down and shut their fcuking faces after all the nonsense they were spewing at the end of the first quarter was very satisfying.

The Celtics just took their heart!!!! They took their manhood!!! And they did it at their own house! I wish I could of seen a picture of smug a$$ Will Smith after the game was over.

Celtics were getting raped like Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction till Bruce Willis aka Paul Pierce came in the the samurai sword and Ving aka Ray Allen followed up with the shotgun blast. Celtics went medieval on their a$$!!!!!!!

This has to be the best day in Laker Hater history.

I'm putting the over/under of Laker flags I see to day at 5.

I had a $20 wager over the series with a guy at work - he handed me $20 this morning he's so embarrassed! He said any team that could blow that big of a lead at home doesn't deserve to be in the finals, and he's a big LA homer! Oh, and he said "No way Kobe is like Mike" (His words, everyone's thoughts!)

Diesel J
06-13-2008, 10:21 AM

props

flintstone
06-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I think the west...the Lakers, and the media in general....got (get) a little full of their self.

The Lakers were over rated because they are in the west...Boston under rated because they are in the east.

People like to say that the regular season means nothing in the playoffs...but thats not true. Had the hornets made it to the WC finals...the four teams with the best regular season records would have been the final four. As it was, the top three teams made it...and the Spurs weren't far behind the Hornets in wins.....and thats close enough.

This was no upset, Boston is the better team. They proved it in the regular season...and now they are proving it in the playoffs. :bowdown:

BTW....I'm not a Boston fan (Pistons)....I don't even like them. I do know the better team when I see it though....and no big surprise here.

puppychili
06-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Keeping with the Pulp Fiction Vibe...

Bruce Willis aka Paul Pierce: C'mon baby lets go!

Mousey French Chick: Who's trophy is this?

Bruce Willis aka Paul Pierce: It's not a trophy baby it's a NBA Championship.

Mousey French Chick: Who's NBA Championship is this?

Bruce Willis aka Paul Pierce: Everyone said it was gonna be Kobes but I just took that shyt.

Mousey French Chick: Who's Kobe

Bruce Willis aka Paul Pierce: Kobe's dead baby. Kobe's dead.

Spudjjay
06-13-2008, 11:22 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/game4_pierce_celebrate812414.jpg

Epic victory.

puppychili
06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Last Pulp reference then I gotta go to work.

Couple of pipe hitting n**gas= Posey and House

Creepy white boy who likes to watch= Gasol

The Gimp= Sasha

:pimp:

veilside23
06-13-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/game4_pierce_celebrate812414.jpg

Epic victory.

Yes its funny you posted this but can you recall why pierce celebrated ? its because of rey allen's shot... Rey allen finals mvp :cheers:

glidedrxlr22
06-13-2008, 12:18 PM
I have this superstition when watching Laker games. If Lakers take a big early lead, I stop watching games and come back with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter in hopes of seeing the opposition cutting it close. Well it worked last night. After the game I was stunned. Congratulations to the Celtics and proving to the analysts who the best team is.

illzskillz88
06-13-2008, 01:32 PM
"I'm Going to need 8 Beers and 27 shots after tonight"

-Kobe Bryant

ahahahah ummmhmmmm Kobe Drink the pain away baby! sorry bro there isn't any trophy for you!

GO CELTICS!

dazzer87
06-13-2008, 02:10 PM
This was no upset, Boston is the better team. They proved it in the regular season...and now they are proving it in the playoffs. :bowdown:

TELL that to L.V before the series started. Boston was 2-1 underdog!!!! Game 3 Lakers were favor by 9.5 points and they were the one down 0-2. I feel sorry for all those people who's been riding the Lakers all series. Put $$$$ on Lakers = broke asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knoe Itawl
06-13-2008, 02:22 PM
I was watching the game with a friend of mine who's from Boston, and some other people. Needless to say we were all miserable in the first half up until about the middle of the third when we started to believe.

Oh it was beautiful. Not only the Celtics winning, but Kobe playing like complete garbage in the biggest game of the year. I mean, really, does it get any better for a Bryant hater?

What's even better is watching Laker/Kobe fans come up with excuses. To the rest of the basketball world outside of hardcore Bryant fanatics THERE IS NO EXCUSE. That's two Finals in a row without Shaq that Bryant has played mediocre to flat out like garbage.

F*kk ESPN, F*kk Kobe Dikkriders, F*kk excuses, F*kk Mark Jackson, F*kk the Jordan comparisons. F*kk his MVP trophy.

glidedrxlr22
06-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Yo Knoe, where you been? I was waiting to hear from you. I must admit last night's game was pretty sweet.

ALlArOuNDPIaya
06-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Yo Knoe, where you been? I was waiting to hear from you. I must admit last night's game was pretty sweet.
Yeah, I even made a thread calling him out, where you been Knoe? :lol

Bounce
06-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I have this superstition when watching Laker games. If Lakers take a big early lead, I stop watching games and come back with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter in hopes of seeing the opposition cutting it close. Well it worked last night. After the game I was stunned. Congratulations to the Celtics and proving to the analysts who the best team is.

The game is not over.

ALlArOuNDPIaya
06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
The game is not over.
Um, pretty sure it is.

Bounce
06-13-2008, 03:08 PM
We cant say who the better team is untill one of them wins the finals. I think the time off between the finals is the most important time. Lakers need to fiqure what the hell they're doing wrong and especially Kobe.

Because right now as I see it, Celtic's defense make pro's like Kobe *******.

Bounce
06-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Um, pretty sure it is.

We still got more games, so the finals arnt over. Thats what i ment.

jjayfive
06-13-2008, 03:13 PM
as a laker fan i feel it's over....kobe choked last night....oh well, the future is still bright...

Bounce
06-13-2008, 03:18 PM
as a laker fan i feel it's over....kobe choked last night....oh well, the future is still bright...

Kobe needs to step up his game. Or simply change his position on the court and work from there.

Knoe Itawl
06-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I even made a thread calling him out, where you been Knoe? :lol

Contrary to popular belief, I didn't stay away because of Kobe's "success" with the MVP and all. In fact, I stated several years ago in THIS thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=182491#post182491

that I would give him credit if and win he was able to take his team all the way. Something I would have done if the Lakers won the series. But I just didn't feel like dealing with the hordes of Bryant groupies that have popped up recently. So I figured I would comment one way or the other after the series was over.

Of course, recent events have caused me to ammend that idea. :oldlol:

Dizzay
06-13-2008, 03:31 PM
No, it's not. The Lakers are the joke of the NBA. Kobe is a liability, until the Lakers trade his ass or get someone to be the #1 option they will not win.

Bynum won't help crap if Kobe is there to choke in the finals.

Hell I'd trade Bryant for Knoe and Loki.

AIrules
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
these finals remind of the 2001 finals...everyone started hating on iverson after they lost the series..the same thing is happening here

Bless Mathews
06-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Kobe got just what he wanted....

he's as good as bron with out shaq....

he got to the finals.

period.

glidedrxlr22
06-13-2008, 04:06 PM
The game is not over.

The game is over, but not the series....close to being over but not yet. I was congratulating the Celtics for winning the game and not the series.

gpfanz
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Close the series Celtics :cheers:

Heilige
06-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Contrary to popular belief, I didn't stay away because of Kobe's "success" with the MVP and all. In fact, I stated several years ago in THIS thread:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=182491#post182491

that I would give him credit if and win he was able to take his team all the way. Something I would have done if the Lakers won the series. But I just didn't feel like dealing with the hordes of Bryant groupies that have popped up recently. So I figured I would comment one way or the other after the series was over.

Of course, recent events have caused me to ammend that idea. :oldlol:

If the Lakers comeback and somehow win the series would you give him credit?

John Starks
06-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I typically think the 2-3-2 format is bad for the road team - mostly because they have to win 3 straight against a good team - to retain their home court AND they have 2 guaranteed eliminatino games on the road....

but in this instance, I sort of like it for the Lakers in this scenario. Under 2-2-1-1-1, after after losign Game 4 the road team has to go on theroad for a GUARANTEED elimination.

As is, the Lakers have Game 5 at home a chance at least extend the series and maybe build momentum.

In this instance 2-3-2 helps the road team.

Mamba33
06-13-2008, 05:20 PM
If the Lakers comeback and somehow win the series would you give him credit?
I don't think Kobe can ever get the credit he deserves, no matter what he does and already has done. Hes always gonna be hated on for reasons I don't know. Everytime he'll accomplish something he wasn't supposed to achieve, people ALWAYS look for another thing he hasn't accomplish and go from there :confusedshrug:

steve franchise
06-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Nice reverse layup from Allen, and Pierece with a beautiful block on Kobe.
That's all i gotta say

Jasper
06-13-2008, 05:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080613

LAst night after the game - I thought about three important things that happened in this game that affected 4 players and a coach -

1) Ray Allen as I have stated in the past I did not care for even though he was a great Buck as well as a citizen. But Mr. Jump shooter who rarely takes it to the hole - found him self the hero of the 2008 finals series in game 4.
40 seconds left - a SG that plays like a SF Vajacic 6'7" guarding Allen , takes it to the lane and see's no defensive weak side help and makes a lay up.
YES - a layup.
This was Ray's best , most , memoriable shot in his life.
Why - it puts a ring on his finger ,as well as Pierce and KG.
WHY - it puts him in the HOF.
2) Coach Jackson made three critical errors through out this final , and all three showed up loud and clear in this one game.
a) Never putting Kobe down on the lower block like MJ and getting Kobe to the line more often. This would of opened up the floor -more for weak side jumpers , Kobe control of the game (and series) and Kobe more of the focal point (Point) than just top of key , drives and jumpers. (how many free throws did he have in game 4 - I rest my case)
b) Final second to 90 seconds of a game , and down by 3-8 points , you put your best defender on the quickest SG which was Allen - should of been defended by Kobe . Weak side defense ... huh Gasol about 3 steps to late on a layup.
c) Inbounds pass after the shot - forces , well you know what happened . A time out should of been called immediately to advance the ball past half court. Err again on Coach Jackson.
-
SO this affected Jackson , Kobe , Allen , KG , & Pierce.

Please note - I don't care a rats a$$ about either of these teams , so my perspective is clear minded about the out come of this game and series and why this all unfolded.

steve franchise
06-13-2008, 05:35 PM
It all sums up to that lakers could not defend the celtics in clutch moments. House with a jumper for the lead, James Posey with two clutch threes, Ray Allen with two espectacular layups, Kg showing up when he needs to on Gasol, and Paull Pierce defending Kobe.

Carbine
06-13-2008, 05:55 PM
History doesn't (and shouldn't, look at the Bills from the 90's) remember or credit the losers.

Whether you lost in the finals, conference finals, semis or first round it really doesn't matter. Only one team stands atop at the end of the day, and if you aren't first you're last.

Sure, it can be looked at as a successful season but that stuff is for the weak-minded. They had the talent, they had the best player (and possibly coach) in the world and they weren't (at least, not likely to be) that team looking down at everyone else.

That's failure.

It really doesn't help Kobe when he plays so well in the first three rounds, only to play average in the finals. This was suppose to be his time. Nobody was on his level. He's in his prime. This was his opportunity to really further his legacy and this is how he performs?

I read somewhere that his highest point production in the finals for one game was 36? That's quite mind-blowing when you think about it. Most would rate Kobe as a top three offensive player ever in the history of the world. What does that 81 mean when he can't produce more than 36 on the biggest stage? What does a month averaging 40 mean?

Looks good for the record books, I suppose.

Heilige
06-13-2008, 05:57 PM
History doesn't (and shouldn't, look at the Bills from the 90's) remember or credit the losers.

Whether you lost in the finals, conference finals, semis or first round it really doesn't matter. Only one team stands atop at the end of the day, and if you aren't first you're last.

Sure, it can be looked at as a successful season but that stuff is for the weak-minded. They had the talent, they had the best player (and possibly coach) in the world and they weren't (at least, not likely to be) that team looking down at everyone else.

That's failure.

It really doesn't help Kobe when he plays so well in the first three rounds, only to play average in the finals. This was suppose to be his time. Nobody was on his level. He's in his prime. This was his opportunity to really further his legacy and this is how he performs?

I read somewhere that his highest point production in the finals for one game was 36? That's quite mind-blowing when you think about it. Most would rate Kobe as a top three offensive player ever in the history of the world. What does that 81 mean when he can't produce more than 36 on the biggest stage? What does a month averaging 40 mean?

Good points. Why do you think Kobe can't perform as well in the finals as he does in the other rounds? He is the best player and has the talent to do so, but just won't. Evev if you don't think he is the best at least he is a top 3-5.

Vilmatic
06-13-2008, 07:25 PM
its great to see the celts leading this series... the lakers got to much props before this series started... the celts have been the best team in the NBA all year long...

ray allen & pierce have guarded kobe really nice all series long. ray ray especially is doing a good job.... not biting on those pump fakes.

I LUV IT... the FAKERS are losing... its great...

kobe is still a straight up ballhog who will never be MJ...:cheers:

UConnCeltics
06-13-2008, 08:28 PM
kobe is still a straight up ballhog who will never be MJ...:cheers:
Very true... that is why they scored so much because he decided to pass the ball a little.

Killer_Instinct
06-13-2008, 11:28 PM

That's failure.

This whole post is QTFMFT......If LA does not win, this season is a failure. You play for one thing. The championship. Period.....That said, I pray to God, Allah, and Buddah that the Celtics choke :cry:

TheProphet
06-13-2008, 11:39 PM

That's failure.

Jordan had 35 pts in a half with 7 three pointers. Don't forget about Jordan's 15-18 performance from the field, 33 pts, 14 assists performance.

Mateo
06-14-2008, 01:20 AM
Good points. Why do you think Kobe can't perform as well in the finals as he does in the other rounds? He is the best player and has the talent to do so, but just won't. Evev if you don't think he is the best at least he is a top 3-5.

I think he has a hero complex or something. He seems to clearly try harder during the 4th quarter. Both in games 2 and 4 when his team were down he just flicked a switch and was able to get to the rim at ease. Like he was happy to be down so that he could be the hero that propelled the team to victory. There's no glory in torching an opponent in the 2nd quarter.

puppychili
06-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Pretty sure Jordan scored 45 in his last Finals game vs the Jazz.

They're showing Lakers/Celtics on ESPN Classic right now. Celtics about to make their run. That block by Pierce on Kobe was when the game turned around.

Even better watching it the second time!:rockon: :cheers:

grimreaper1377
06-15-2008, 12:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080613

LAst night after the game - I thought about three important things that happened in this game that affected 4 players and a coach -

1) Ray Allen as I have stated in the past I did not care for even though he was a great Buck as well as a citizen. But Mr. Jump shooter who rarely takes it to the hole - found him self the hero of the 2008 finals series in game 4.
40 seconds left - a SG that plays like a SF Vajacic 6'7" guarding Allen , takes it to the lane and see's no defensive weak side help and makes a lay up.
YES - a layup.
This was Ray's best , most , memoriable shot in his life.
Why - it puts a ring on his finger ,as well as Pierce and KG.
WHY - it puts him in the HOF.
2) Coach Jackson made three critical errors through out this final , and all three showed up loud and clear in this one game.
a) Never putting Kobe down on the lower block like MJ and getting Kobe to the line more often. This would of opened up the floor -more for weak side jumpers , Kobe control of the game (and series) and Kobe more of the focal point (Point) than just top of key , drives and jumpers. (how many free throws did he have in game 4 - I rest my case)
b) Final second to 90 seconds of a game , and down by 3-8 points , you put your best defender on the quickest SG which was Allen - should of been defended by Kobe . Weak side defense ... huh Gasol about 3 steps to late on a layup.
c) Inbounds pass after the shot - forces , well you know what happened . A time out should of been called immediately to advance the ball past half court. Err again on Coach Jackson.
-
SO this affected Jackson , Kobe , Allen , KG , & Pierce.

Please note - I don't care a rats a$$ about either of these teams , so my perspective is clear minded about the out come of this game and series and why this all unfolded.

1) Okay seriously, what the ****, that makes no sense at all.

2)
a) We know the series is rigged. So don't bring up free throw numbers. Also, he was mainly taking jumpshots. Did you even watch the game? And when he did drive, the refs didn't call fouls.
b) Well, if Kobe was on Allen, wouldn't they give the ball to Pierce then? Or whoever had Vujacic?
c) How the **** is this Coach's fault? If his players inbound that ball, that's their fault, not Coach's.

grimreaper1377
06-15-2008, 12:31 AM

That's failure.

Well stated. :applause:

A.M.G.
06-15-2008, 02:06 PM
This whole post is QTFMFT......If LA does not win, this season is a failure. You play for one thing. The championship. Period.....That said, I pray to God, Allah, and Buddah that the Celtics choke :cry:
a) What does QTFMFT stand for? Some acronyms are a little too obscure to go unexplained.

b) You consider a season where you go to the Finals after a first round exit the year before a failure?

- You consider a season where Kobe Bryant won the NBA Most Valuable Player award a failure?

- You consider a season where your young center, Andrew Bynum, starts to show marked improvement, and possible All-Star ability, a failure?

-You consider a season where your GM swung a trade that not only got rid of Kwame "The Big Retard" Brown and his ridiculous $9.5 million contract, but also brought in Pau Gasol, a fairly young, premier PF and legit second option for Kobe, a failure?

-You consider finishing with the best regular season record in an IMPOSSIBLY competitive Western Conference a failure?

The Lakers made great strides this year, very possibly would have won this Championship if Bynum had been healthy, but guess what, he isn't and the Lakers are now almost certainly going to lose. The Celtics are the better team. You can't let that persuade you that this kind of a season was a failure. Championships are the biggest goal, but they are by no means the only goal. Besides, the Lakers are seriously in good position to win the Chip next year, though I hope to God they don't because I hate what they did to Memphis. You think that the Sixers consider this season a failure? You think that the Hornets consider this season a failure? You think the Hawks consider this season a failure? No, because they know that they have made major strides. If Lakers fans consider a season like this a failure, well then you're just a bunch of whiny b*tches who don't deserve to have a good team.

c) You only play for the Championship? Does the word "money" mean anything to you? How about "fat contracts" or "endorsement deals"? You are delusional if you think that NBA players only play for a Championship. I think that a vast majority of players would rather make $20 million/year on a lottery team than $10 million/year on a contender. They're looking to get payed, as they should be.

d) It's not impossible that the Lakers will somehow pull off arguably the greatest series comeback in professional sports history by winning the next three games. But everyone knows how unlikely it is. Seriously, don't get your hopes up. Wait, you're a whiny, delusional Lakers fan who thinks that he is entitled to a good team. Nevermind, by all means, get your hopes up, bet all your money on the Lakers coming back. God, Allah and Buddah are all bound to favour the Lakers... for reasons that I am unclear on:rolleyes: .

Much as I mildly dislike the Celtics and their fans, at least they're not obnoxious, jingoistic fools like most Lakers fans, and at least they made fair trades to build a Championship contender, unlike the Snakers (hey, I just thought of that now! I like it!) and Jerry "Inside Man" West, raping Memphis hard.

A.M.G.
06-15-2008, 02:39 PM
REALLY? So you mean it was you that was responsible for the Lakers choking? You're one dumb, delusional mother****er.
I really thought it was obvious that I was not entirely serious about the curse being real, although I really did "put a curse" on the Snakers, wishing with all my heart that they would not be rewarded for raping the Grizzlies.

Anyways, what are you going to do wipe me off the face off the Earth? Take your pills you crazy ****stain.

TruthKGRay3412
06-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I really thought it was obvious that I was not entirely serious about the curse being real, although I really did "put a curse" on the Snakers, wishing with all my heart that they would not be rewarded for raping the Grizzlies.

Anyways, what are you going to do wipe me off the face off the Earth? Take your pills you crazy ****stain.

Why are you arguing with LakersDynasty?..save your time man.

A.M.G.
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
Why are you arguing with LakersDynasty?..save your time man.
You're right. He's one crazy piece of ****.

SashaSuave
06-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Pretty sure Jordan scored 45 in his last Finals game vs the Jazz.

They're showing Lakers/Celtics on ESPN Classic right now. Celtics about to make their run. That block by Pierce on Kobe was when the game turned around.

Even better watching it the second time!:rockon: :cheers:

Did the LAkers won the second time u watched it?:lol

Aldridge Fan
06-15-2008, 10:14 PM
http://celticsstore.seenon.com/img/product/catl/00052584-628578.jpg

High Potential
06-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Anyone else think Phil might be getting paid off to end the series now? It's the only explanation for his ridiculous moves.

lakers4ever
06-16-2008, 02:04 AM

Hey moron. That is what WINNING FRANCHISES do. They rape all the moronic teams of their best players. Look at the Celtics stealing Garnett and Allen and tell me they didn't do the same damn thing. Get a life moron.

crisoner
06-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Man...just think....we could of been up 3-2 right now if the Lakers didn't fold last Thursday...................

:banghead:

Oh well............

GAME 6 WE GET A CHANCE AT SWEET REDEMPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S MAKE THIS IS SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crisoner
06-16-2008, 02:32 AM
2 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poseidon
06-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Anyone else think Phil might be getting paid off to end the series now? It's the only explanation for his ridiculous moves.

The most important game of the season and Phil the idiot is EXPERIMENTING with new lineups/rotations. It's been 5 damn games and he still hasn't figured out how to defend Paul Pierce (put Lamar Odom on him). How this guy won 9 rings and is in the b'ball HOF is beyond me. I'm amazed listening to Doc Rivers and how he pumps up his team with inspiring words and intensity and passion.....then they scroll over to Phil and he's putting everyone on the locker-room to sleep with his BS "Zen" nonsense.

Also Kobe has to take a big chunk of the blame. Not a good time for the Lakers best player to go MIA and start playing like a terrified little girl. :rolleyes:

IllegalD
06-16-2008, 05:03 PM
The most important game of the season and Phil the idiot is EXPERIMENTING with new lineups/rotations. It's been 5 damn games and he still hasn't figured out how to defend Paul Pierce (put Lamar Odom on him). How this guy won 9 rings and is in the b'ball HOF is beyond me. I'm amazed listening to Doc Rivers and how he pumps up his team with inspiring words and intensity and passion.....then they scroll over to Phil and he's putting everyone on the locker-room to sleep with his BS "Zen" nonsense.

Also Kobe has to take a big chunk of the blame. Not a good time for the Lakers best player to go MIA and start playing like a terrified little girl. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

If the Lakers manage to pull off the historic comeback and Kobe plays great the remaining two games I'm SURE you'll be back on his black, sweaty balls.

Flip-flopping loser.

Did Kobe playing bad hurt your wittle feelings?

awwww :(

glidedrxlr22
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Man...just think....we could of been up 3-2 right now if the Lakers didn't fold last Thursday...................

:banghead:

One of my coworkers said the same thing, but that isn't entirely correct. What if the series was 2-2, maybe the Lakers let up and lose game 5. They played desperately yesterday. The mindset of the Lakers players would've been different. So we can't say that if they had won game 4 that they would've won game 5.

ihatetimthomas
06-16-2008, 05:38 PM
One of my coworkers said the same thing, but that isn't entirely correct. What if the series was 2-2, maybe the Lakers let up and lose game 5. They played desperately yesterday. The mindset of the Lakers players would've been different. So we can't say that if they had won game 4 that they would've won game 5.

+1