PDA

View Full Version : Lakers beat Celtics to take Game 5. Post-game discussion here

insidehoops
06-16-2008, 12:15 AM
The Lakers held off the Celtics to send the series back to Boston for Game 6, which will be Tuesday night.

The pre-game and live game discussion was here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91536

Discuss what went down in Game 5 and the series now

gb8
06-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Just to say a great game by Paul Pierce, really attacked us off the dribble, and also running the pick and roll so well. Kg didnt show up for the Celts at all and those missed freethrows were crucial.

Lakers played struggled all night after taking that early lead through a red hot kobe (something which he failed to rekindle later in the game). I am impressed with the fact that Boston late in the game kept shifting the defence infront of kobe rather then jus getting their man and waiting for kobe to make his move. Odom had a decent game for us, dont know why phil subbed him there for a stretch in the fourth for luke walton ( more on phil later). Pau showed his balls might have finally dropped, he still came with some soft moves at times when he could have gone harder into the defense most memorably late in the game with garnett on 5 fouls he bailed him out by settling for a fading right handed jump hook 5 feet from the hole rather then going up strong and forcing contact. Our defense on the inbounds play was terrible all game whether the baseline or the sideline which I think again is a coaching error.

Phils subs pattern made no sense all game, and am really wondering what is going through the mans head today. Playing Chris Mihm who hasnt touched a basketball this year is inexcusable.

All in all we grinded out the win and our bigs showed some character and heart tonight. Kobe had another subpar game by his standard and really was a non factor for long stretches of the game. The team got the win tonight, however it doesnt look to good for us in boston if this is how we will play.

PS 3000th POST :banana:

hotsizzle
06-16-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm glad LA won obviously, extend this to 6 games BUT

Gave up a 19 pt lead in like 6 mins (learn from their mistakes?)
Gave up a 14 4th qtr lead in like 3-4 mins
Horrible, stupid defense throughout the game

Gonna have to play much much better to win in Boston.

Loki
06-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Pierce and even arguably Allen have outplayed Kobe significantly this series. Pierce at the very least. Allen's played as well as Kobe has at a minimum.

Kobe laid another egg tonight. Why do people talk about his basketball IQ when he cant even figure out that you dont beat a box and 1 by dribbling the ball and attacking from the top of the key. Dude just doesnt get it. He did the same thing vs. Phoenix when they ran the box last postseason. Great basketball IQ my ass.

Too bad Pierce's unbelievable performance was wasted on a loss. He was incredible.

The_Truth34
06-16-2008, 12:20 AM
and Paul Pierce shows Kobe who the better player is

elementally morale
I'll repost it here:

---------------

The Celtics are playing a lot better. Props to them. They will probably win the series and deservedly so.

I'm still not disappointed. And if you are a Laker fan, you shoudn't be either.

First off, before the season started and even during the season noone thought the Lakers would win it all. Yet they are in the Finals. Secondly, the Celtics play Kobe very well. He is finding his teammates though. He is mad tired. Sure, it was not the best game of his life but he had a great season and playoffs. The defense is very good on him and he is tired.

BTW, since the Celtics look like the better team - even though I'm rooting for the Lakers - I'm not THAT disappointed Boston will probably win this series. They deserve it more based on these 5 games.

The Lakers still had a nice season, and you guys shouldn't be disappointed. Had someone said in March we will play in the Finals and win at least two games there... you would have said great.

And it IS great. Boston just happens to play better for the time being.

305Baller
Lakers were ready to give it up again to Boston but missed free throws and missed tip-ins killed Boston. Basically, Garnett choked.

Poseidon
Although the Lakers won (lucked out)....this game feels like a LOSS. Boston is clearly the superior team and Doc Rivers is clearly out-coaching Phil Jackson.

I really can't put my disappointment in Kobe Bryant's play into words. I'm beyond disgusted and past the point of being in shock. He wasn't looking to attack in the 4th quarter and his decision-making is atrocious. Kobe looked lost, dazed, confused, scared, tentative and gutless. I've NEVER seen him this intimidated by one team (Boston) and by one player (Pierce) since I started watching him play as a rookie in 1996. I don't know if it's a "mental block" or whatever....but Kobe and his legacy is FINISHED. He's been exposed in this series. For the so-called best "closer" and best "player".....Kobe has miserably FAILED once AGAIN in the NBA Finals (ala 2004).

KOBE WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP AS A LEADER OF A BASKETBALL TEAM. This is a FACT and it pains me to admit this.

I have ZERO faith and confidence in him and in this team. Defensively, the Lakers are TRASH and Boston can do whatever, whenever and wherever they want to do. I expect the Celtics to win Game 6 going away.

They're the better team with the better Superstar player.

Kobe=MVP07`
1 thing to look at 3 pt Shooting

after kobes hot start 4-5 3ptfg lakers were ice cold with maybe two 3s after the half

The machine 0-5 kobe 0-5 [after the start] fish not a good shooting nite

bounce back! our made shots ruins there offense which ruins there defense on the next possession.

~LA's fine$t~
Hopefully LA are saving their best for last.
I thought Jordan play terrific for us, huge lift off the bench.

Hopefully Sasha and Rad have big shooting games in Boston, and of course we won't win this series if Kobe continues to struggle offensively.

johndeeregreen
Celtics' inability to gather clutch rebounds, bad turnovers, and Garnett's choking killed them. I knew the game was over when he missed both of those FTs.

brandonislegend
Rosecity, why do you talk so much crap when your team isnt even in the playoffs?

Makes me laugh everytime i read your posts

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-16-2008, 12:21 AM
i never understood why the game thread can';t be the post-game thread as well.

Indian guy
That was a wild game. Both teams wanted it bad. The determination of Kobe's cast in particular was amazing. They really bailed him out. Boston still looks like the much better team though. As long as Stern's not involved I can't see this series lasting beyond Tuesday.

crisoner
We didn't WIN the game....we SURVIVED it.

At least we live to fight another day. I really don't see us winning in Boston playing like this. Some HUGE changes will be needed man......and some bench players need to step the f*ck up.

gb8
ust to say a great game by Paul Pierce, really attacked us off the dribble, and also running the pick and roll so well. Kg didnt show up for the Celts at all and those missed freethrows were crucial.

Lakers played struggled all night after taking that early lead through a red hot kobe (something which he failed to rekindle later in the game). I am impressed with the fact that Boston late in the game kept shifting the defence infront of kobe rather then jus getting their man and waiting for kobe to make his move. Odom had a decent game for us, dont know why phil subbed him there for a stretch in the fourth for luke walton ( more on phil later). Pau showed his balls might have finally dropped, he still came with some soft moves at times when he could have gone harder into the defense most memorably late in the game with garnett on 5 fouls he bailed him out by settling for a fading right handed jump hook 5 feet from the hole rather then going up strong and forcing contact. Our defense on the inbounds play was terrible all game whether the baseline or the sideline which I think again is a coaching error.

Phils subs pattern made no sense all game, and am really wondering what is going through the mans head today. Playing Chris Mihm who hasnt touched a basketball this year is inexcusable.

All in all we grinded out the win and our bigs showed some character and heart tonight. Kobe had another subpar game by his standard and really was a non factor for long stretches of the game. The team got the win tonight, however it doesnt look to good for us in boston if this is how we will play.

PS 3000th POST :banana:

(http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1931555)

~LA's fine$t~

I'd like to see how they do if their position were reversed.
If Kobe had the luxury of going up against no interior defense, and guys like Radmanovic & Walton. And see how well Pierce plays against Boston's defense.

ihatetimthomas
06-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Paul Pierce is a beast. I really dont know what we will do with him. Lakers have not figured out what to do with him either. Kobe gets no easy looks. Pierce has really gained much more of my respect this finals.

Happy with the win, but still many question marks. Defensively, we have many mental lapses, and on offense, we are having trouble getting Kobe into rhythm for a full game. Not to mention next game is in Boston. They are going to have to figure out a way to at least slow down Pierce and get everyone to the place they need to be on their rotations

bleedinpurpleTwo
I'll take the victory, but it was WEAK.
Laker defense is just horrible. Its like they dont know who is supposed to help after the p.r.
just terrible.

and the Celts exploit mismatches very effectively. Celts are just older/wiser.

PP is a beast, as Ive said all season.
I remember when everyone was propping KG for MVP. PP is the man on that team. Does anybody doubt this now?

The_Truth34
Paul Pierce>Kobe

Kobe=MVP07`
Pierce and even arguably Allen have outplayed Kobe significantly this series. Pierce at the very least. Allen's played as well as Kobe has at a minimum.

Kobe laid another egg tonight. Why do people talk about his basketball IQ when he cant even figure out that you dont beat a box and 1 by dribbling the ball and attacking from the top of the key. Dude just doesnt get it. He did the same thing vs. Phoenix when they ran the box last postseason. Great basketball IQ my ass.

Too bad Pierce's unbelievable performance was wasted on a loss. He was incredible.

o shut up, if MJ faced Zone defenses from 1 of the best defensive team ever he would not be as effective

kobe 1on1 can take anyone, 2 on 1, sometimes even 3 on 1 but ZONE makes things different

either a forced shot or have to get rid of the ball to beet a zone..

The_Truth34
06-16-2008, 12:23 AM
I'd like to see how they do if their position were reversed.
If Kobe had the luxury of going up against no interior defense, and guys like Radmanovic & Walton. And see how well Pierce plays against Boston's defense.
sure blame your team

but you should really be blaming Kobe

Pierce did everything Kobe was supposed to do... 19 FT's for Pierce how many for Kobe 6?

No.45
06-16-2008, 12:24 AM
lakers have to find a way through this impregnable celtic defense.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Although the Lakers won (lucked out)....this game feels like a LOSS. Boston is clearly the superior team and Doc Rivers is clearly out-coaching Phil Jackson.

I really can't put my disappointment in Kobe Bryant's play into words. I'm beyond disgusted and past the point of being in shock. He wasn't looking to attack in the 4th quarter and his decision-making is atrocious. Kobe looked lost, dazed, confused, scared, tentative and gutless. I've NEVER seen him this intimidated by one team (Boston) and by one player (Pierce) since I started watching him play as a rookie in 1996. I don't know if it's a "mental block" or whatever....but Kobe and his legacy is FINISHED. He's been exposed in this series. For the so-called best "closer" and best "player".....Kobe has miserably FAILED once AGAIN in the NBA Finals (ala 2004).

KOBE WILL NEVER WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP AS A LEADER OF A BASKETBALL TEAM. This is a FACT and it pains me to admit this.

I have ZERO faith and confidence in him and in this team. Defensively, the Lakers are TRASH and Boston can do whatever, whenever and wherever they want to do. I expect the Celtics to win Game 6 going away.

They're the better team with the better Superstar player.

because JVG and Mark Jackson kept talking down on the Lakers.

hotsizzle

:oldlol:

Kobe didnt lay an egg tonight. He managed the game well constantly setting up his teammates. Maybe you're just looking at his 8-21 shooting.

~LA's fine$t~
06-16-2008, 12:25 AM
sure blame your team

but you should really be blaming Kobe

Pierce did everything Kobe was supposed to do... 19 FT's for Pierce how many for Kobe 6?

Pierce has it a hell of a lot easier, you seriously think Pierce would be able to drive inside like that against Boston? :rolleyes:

The_Truth34
06-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Pierce has it a hell of a lot easier, you seriously think Pierce would be able to drive inside like that against Boston? :rolleyes:
yes

Posey? Kobe should rape him if hes any good. Pierce was raping anyone who was guarding him tonight

The_Truth34
06-16-2008, 12:27 AM

Kobe didnt lay an egg tonight. He managed the game well constantly setting up his teammates. Maybe you're just looking at his 8-21 shooting.
hey you

don't you agree Paul Pierce>Kobe?

Poseidon

Loki...please accept my sincere apology for my previous posts where I compared Kobe Bryant w/ Michael Jordan. It was pure ignorance and blind homerism on my part. I don't even know what I was thinking.

Watching Kobe lay a colossal egg in this series and crumble under pressure while playing like a scared rookie just made me appreciate the greatness of Michael Jordan even more. This is the SECOND STRAIGHT Finals appearance where Kobe has disappeared and this is unacceptable for someone of his talent and caliber. Not shooting well is one thing....but becoming a gutless coward on the biggest stage and playing passive basketball is another.

At this point, I don't know if I even consider Kobe an elite "FRANCHISE" player anymore.

This just goes to show that both Kobe and LeBron James (with his gutless 2007 Finals performance) will NEVER come close to sniffing Jordan's jock.

krispykreme23
Vladimir Radmanovic absolutely sucks. At everything. Does anyone else also notice he shuns Kobe every chance he gets? He NEVER passes the ball to Kobe no matter what and I saw him completely ignore Kobe when he was trying to talk to him and give him a high five more than once.

Beyond that, he doesn't do anything useful. So he hits a couple open threes every game and maybe makes a couple layups, but any average roleplayer can do this. But, he is always trying to do more than he is capable of, and then turns the ball over constantly.

Luke Walton sucks too. He is too weak to play in the post. He doesn't have the ballhandling to play anywhere else. He is not good at shooting wide open jumpers. Why does he even play?

The Lakers need to get some better roleplayers this offseason. Maybe with Bynum coming back, they won't have to play Radmanovic or Walton ever again, but they need to pick up a good tough defender who can hit open jumpers; someone like James Posey.

hotsizzle
Do people not comprehend whats going on? Kobe is seeing 3 guys everywhere he goes on the floor. Everywhere.

I'm just glad hes not forcing the issue and still running the offense. Disappointed in his shooting though.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2008, 12:28 AM
ray has family problems?

No.45
seems like kobe's basketball superpowers have disappeared, kinda reminds of that movie Superman II...

ShowTime LA

Didn't Kobe rob Pierce, not only once but twice on the 4th?:oldlol:

Balla_Status

Kobe did not play like he should have. He did not play like a all-time great. Sure he has a great 1st quarter but where was he in the 2nd/3rd/4th? Dude laid a egg in 3/4 of the game. No denying that.

Put Back Dunk
I'll just repost what I said at the end of the game thread and add that getting 4 fouls on Kobe half way through the 3rd and not getting a 5th was a complete failure. Oh, and Kenny Mauer is a c*nt (that's for you Tommy)...

Horrible play down the stretch for the C's and some clutch plays on both ends by the Lakers.

KG choked big time in the 4th. 3 missed free throws, missed a wide open tip-in on the Ray Allen layup, and he set a HORRIBLE screen that allowed Kobe to make that play to get the steal on Pierce (yes, it was probably a foul, but he shouldn't have been able to make that play to begin with). Maybe if KG didn't get so many quick calls on him tonight he could have got into a rythm for the 4th, but that's not how it played out. Pierce had a finals ending type of game, it's a damn shame the C's couldn't close out with him having a game like this.

From the start I thought the Celtics would win the series in 6, and througout the playoffs the C's have needed a swift kick in the ass to get things done....if tonight wasn't that kick I don't know what is.

Loki
o shut up, if MJ faced Zone defenses

I stopped reading there. Shut the fu*k up and discuss the game. You do know the Lakers are allowed to play zone also, right? And you do know that Pierce torched them, right?

How idiots like you who start all the "Jordan" crap dont get banned while I do confounds me.

Balla_Status
06-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Do people not comprehend whats going on? Kobe is seeing 3 guys everywhere he goes on the floor. Everywhere.

I'm just glad hes not forcing the issue and still running the offense. Disappointed in his shooting though.
He is forcing the issue. Plenty of times I watched him over-dribble and end up shooting a low % shot. Not giving props to a guy for playing under his abilty big time.

DuMa
06-16-2008, 12:29 AM
i really expected ray to play better tonight as well.

juju151111
06-16-2008, 12:30 AM
o shut up, if MJ faced Zone defenses from 1 of the best defensive team ever he would not be as effective

kobe 1on1 can take anyone, 2 on 1, sometimes even 3 on 1 but ZONE makes things different

either a forced shot or have to get rid of the ball to beet a zone..
LOL KB is not MJ get it thrigh ur heads.Please

Loki

No, I was looking at his complete disappearance from the end of the 1st until about 4:00 left in the 4th, and then his stubborness in attacking from the top time and again down the stretch. He laid an egg.

Poseidon

Kobe layed a HUGE egg tonight. Stupid turnovers, mind-boggling decision making, piss-poor shooting and playing completely frightened and confused during the prssure moments in the 4th quarter.

And to think this this was the Lakers BIGGEST game of the season and Kobe was nowhere to be seen after the 1st quarter. Amazing. :rolleyes:

It these games that I really start to question his basketball IQ.

3stat2
That was a fun game to watch, I'm stoked that there's going to be another one to watch :D

KG did look a little hesitant near the end. When he went to the line I thought he looked very nervous - the way he shuffled his feet a little, and he had his shoulders all tensed up and while looking down at the floor. I had a feeling he'd miss at least one of those free throws. But I'm sure he'll watch footage of it and bounce back next game.

Boston's defense is what's been getting them back into the game. But still you could tell they sorely missed Perkins' rebounding, and just his presence overall. Would have helped a lot regarding Gasol - I doubt KG would have gotten that many fouls if Perkins was in the game. Farmar probably wouldn't have gotten a few of those high flying layups he had.

I don't really know how the Lakers take this win. It sort of feels like they won because Kobe's gamble paid off and KG happened to choke both free throws. It's not like he's Shaq, no one can expect it to happen - you'd expect an 80%+ FT shooter to make his damn charity shots in a situation like that. I don't know, I just feel like the Lakers should have won by more. I was expecting a blowout. Good thing is I doubt Phil will put in Chris Mihm, of all people, next game.

Game 6 will be a good one, looking forward to it.

06-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Pressure is all on Boston to win game 6 now. They dont want to see Kobe in a game 7. Lakers have won this post season in SA and Utah, they are fully capable of winning in Boston! Here we go! :banana:

Foster5k
06-16-2008, 12:32 AM
At the end of the day, Lakers have to look at their defense. They have to start trapping Paul Pierce, before he gets into the lane. Gotta hit the boards harder and get those critical rebounds. We gotta start putting a body on Posey late in quarters when he starts draining threes.

Kobe - needs to be more aggressive, point blank. He has to drive to the basket and if nothing is open dish the ball out to a perimeter shooter.

Speaking of perimeter shooters - Vlad, Farmar, Sasha, Odom got to start making those open jump shots point blank. They missed far too many critical shots in game 5.

Gasol- gotta keep playing hard all game. He did decent in game 5, but he gotta play harder I think. Every time he goes weak to the basket, it's trouble. He has to go hard, not weak.

Vlad - Gotta stop playing dumb and ****ing up every other possession. The guy got a ridiculous technical foul called on him, bone head move on his part. He had some horrible passes and his offense was horrible! He can't play defense for ****, he has to work on that no matter what!!

Luke Walton - no real reason for him to be in the game. Luke Walton is a horrible defender and has 0 offense. I think he made one shot, and two air balls that ended up on Mars!

Chris Mihm- never should see any PT what so ever.

Ariza- Has to step up. Better defense and offense.

Turiaf- Play better defense, and make open shots and play smarter.

Phil Jackson- gotta stop making dumb ass substitutions. When players are hot leave them in the game. When players are sucking take them out. For example he left Luke Walton in the game after two straight bone head plays. He left Vlad in the game after multiple bone head plays! Do not keep players like these two in the game when they consistently make bad decisions.

Lakers can win 2 straight in Boston no doubt. If the fix their mistakes, they have a chance to make history!

The_Truth34
Didn't Kobe rob Pierce, not only once but twice on the 4th?:oldlol:
yes, and who will win this series? :roll:

Pierce 38 points on good shooting

Kobe 25 points on ****ty shooting

tell me who the better and MORE aggressive player is? Paul to the line 19 times, Pu$$y ass Kobe has no will to get to the line

Spudjjay
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2137/kevingarnett3po5.jpg

Younggrease

people dont understand what going on during the game..They dont see what starts the chain of reactions that lead to the Odom/Pau layups...They dont see how the way Boston is guarding Kobe(3 guys) is leaving every1 open and he has to facilitate.

crisoner
For the Lakers to win game 6........they have to hope for the Celtics to play HORRIBLE........and For Kobe to start being Kobe for the whole game....and all the role players to play the games of their lives.

juju151111
Loki...please accept my sincere apology for my previous posts where I compared Kobe Bryant w/ Michael Jordan. It was pure ignorance and blind homerism on my part. I don't even know what I was thinking.

Watching Kobe lay a colossal egg in this series and crumble under pressure while playing like a scared rookie just made me appreciate the greatness of Michael Jordan even more. This is the SECOND STRAIGHT Finals appearance where Kobe has disappeared and this is unacceptable for someone of his talent and caliber. Not shooting well is one thing....but becoming a gutless coward on the biggest stage and playing passive basketball is another.

At this point, I don't know if I even consider Kobe an elite "FRANCHISE" player anymore.

This just goes to show that both Kobe and LeBron James (with his gutless 2007 Finals performance) will NEVER come close to sniffing Jordan's jock.
:applause: :applause: :eek: :roll: :applause:

The_Truth34
06-16-2008, 12:33 AM

you my friend are stupid

you see how Pierce went through 3 Lakers enroute to a layup or FT's many times this game? why can't Kobe do that?

hes just NOT good enough

crisoner
06-16-2008, 12:34 AM

tell me who the better and MORE aggressive player is? Paul to the line 19 times, Pu$$y ass Kobe has no will to get to the line

You only have 8 posts bro.....bandwagon status sustained.

The_Truth34
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/2137/kevingarnett3po5.jpg
dont worry, Paul Pierce will carry us to a easy game 6 win and championship banner

Gevz2kX
When the game started with 4 consecutive Celtics turnovers I knew they'd have a tough time. Perkins not playing and KG in foul trouble didn't help. If any of these can change it looks good for the Celtics to close the series in game 6.

Foster5k
06-16-2008, 12:35 AM
At the end of the day, Lakers have to look at their defense. They have to start trapping Paul Pierce, before he gets into the lane. Gotta hit the boards harder and get those critical rebounds. We gotta start putting a body on Posey late in quarters when he starts draining threes.

Kobe - needs to be more aggressive, point blank. He has to drive to the basket and if nothing is open dish the ball out to a perimeter shooter.

Speaking of perimeter shooters - Vlad, Farmar, Sasha, Odom got to start making those open jump shots point blank. They missed far too many critical shots in game 5.

Gasol- gotta keep playing hard all game. He did decent in game 5, but he gotta play harder I think. Every time he goes weak to the basket, it's trouble. He has to go hard, not weak.

Vlad - Gotta stop playing dumb and ****ing up every other possession. The guy got a ridiculous technical foul called on him, bone head move on his part. He had some horrible passes and his offense was horrible! He can't play defense for ****, he has to work on that no matter what!!

Luke Walton - no real reason for him to be in the game. Luke Walton is a horrible defender and has 0 offense. I think he made one shot, and two air balls that ended up on Mars!

Chris Mihm- never should see any PT what so ever.

Ariza- Has to step up. Better defense and offense.

Turiaf- Play better defense, and make open shots and play smarter.

Phil Jackson- gotta stop making dumb ass substitutions. When players are hot leave them in the game. When players are sucking take them out. For example he left Luke Walton in the game after two straight bone head plays. He left Vlad in the game after multiple bone head plays! Do not keep players like these two in the game when they consistently make bad decisions.

Lakers can win 2 straight in Boston no doubt. If the fix their mistakes, they have a chance to make history!

ihatetimthomas
Kobe played subpar, but his ineffectiveness was not bc of his poor judgments and plays. The reason is Celtics D is swarming him and they are just plain great at team D. PLain and simple. Kobe forced a few times but overall, he did only what was readily available for him to do. Hes getting in the paint, but they swarm him and he must kick it out. He really didnt play that bad as everyone is saying, Celtics D was just impenetrable today but Lakers lucked out that Gasol/Odom played much better than previous games

Indian guy
Well, at least the Kobe fans have woken up to the greatness of this Celtic defense. Before they used to be in denial. "Kobe simply shot poorly" or "Kobe simply wasn't aggressive". But NOW they know what's been stopping him all season. Plus, like I predicted a month ago when LeBron was getting hounded by LA fans, Kobe would fare little better.

crisoner
dont worry, Paul Pierce will carry us to a easy game 6 win and championship banner

And if he doesn't and the Lakers steal the game????

All I'm saying all the pressure is on the Green side.

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Truth34
06-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Well, at least the Kobe fans have woken up to the greatness of this Celtic defense. Before they used to be in denial. "Kobe simply shot poorly" or "Kobe simply wasn't aggressive". But NOW they know what's stopping him. Plus, like I predicted a month ago when LeBron was getting hounded by LA fans, Kobe would fare little better.
exactly... even if they wanted to LA couldn't stop the TRUTH

crisoner
06-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Kobe played subpar, but his ineffectiveness was not bc of his poor judgments and plays. The reason is Celtics D is swarming him and they are just plain great at team D. PLain and simple. Kobe forced a few times but overall, he did only what was readily available for him to do. Hes getting in the paint, but they swarm him and he must kick it out. He really didnt play that bad as everyone is saying, Celtics D was just impenetrable today but Lakers lucked out that Gasol/Odom played much better than previous games

Thats why Lamar...Fish...Gasol...and the bench mob need to step the f*ck up.
Play defense....get boards....HUSTLE.....and play with Passion!!!!!!!!!

It is a far stretch yes...but we can make some history!!!!!

FORCE A GAME SEVEN!!!!!!!!!! ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET THAT MOMENTUM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loki
06-16-2008, 12:39 AM
I love how every single time Kobe has a bad game, it's all "there were 3 guys on him!"

I guess teams just decide not to triple Kobe those games where he plays well. They just forget how to play defense -- never mind that Kobe looked totally different in game 3 than he did tonight in terms of how he was playing.

Boston only went to the box and 1 late in the game, and Kobe -- low basketball IQ that he has -- decided to try repeatedly to isolate at the top of the key and beat it off the dribble. That's just STUPID basketball, no ifs ands or buts.

I guess every time Kobe has a bad game (which tonight's was after a scorching first quarter) we'll just have to hear the excuses from his fans. They expect us to believe it, too.

amfirst
06-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Not Kobes fault, the Celts don't give him any shots and force his teammates to step up.

Balla_Status
06-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Not Kobes fault, the Celts don't give him any shots and force his teammates to step up.
I saw Kobe take plenty of bad shots.

juju151111
Just don't take 6th graders seriously.
I just don't get these idiots.Kobe could go 2-20 and they would still say MJ is not better.They just don't get it.

No.45
gasol = game mvp. Shear heart and massive rebounds, however still has those soft moments.

Balla_Status
06-16-2008, 12:43 AM
gasol = game mvp. Shear heart and massive rebounds, however still has those soft moments.
Too bad he is still the Tinman. 1 game dont change that.

amfirst
06-16-2008, 12:43 AM
I just don't get these idiots.Kobe could go 2-20 and they would still say MJ is not better.They just don't get it.

Show me a game when he went 2-20?

:hammerhead:

However, I was proud of Lamar and Gasol for stepping up tonight.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-16-2008, 12:44 AM
you my friend are stupid

you see how Pierce went through 3 Lakers enroute to a layup or FT's many times this game? why can't Kobe do that?

hes just NOT good enough

idiotic.
Pierce was going thru VRad or Luke Walton. Both of whom are below average defenders. And when he gets past them, he is facing Gasol.....oohhhh, big scary Gasol. Please. Gasol and his 4" vertical are about as intimidating as a well-trained goldfish.

if you dont recognize this, then you dont see why the Celts have been the best defensive team all season and the Lakers ranked 17th.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2008, 12:45 AM
I love how every single time Kobe has a bad game, it's all "there were 3 guys on him!"

I guess teams just decide not to triple Kobe those games where he plays well. They just forget how to play defense -- never mind that Kobe looked totally different in game 3 than he did tonight in terms of how he was playing.

Boston only went to the box and 1 late in the game, and Kobe -- low basketball IQ that he has -- decided to try repeatedly to isolate at the top of the key and beat it off the dribble. That's just STUPID basketball, no ifs ands or buts.

I guess every time Kobe has a bad game (which tonight's was after a scorching first quarter) we'll just have to hear the excuses from his fans. They expect us to believe it, too.

dude....you didnt even watch the game...what the hell do u know?? u were begging others for link online??

GTFO

Loki
06-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Kobe was 3-13 after the first quarter. Don't tell me that that's not laying an egg. Please... :oldlol:

Celts34
Dude that drive by Pierce was most definitely a foul, Kobe whacked him in the arm and in his ribcage which is why let go of the ball. Thats a hometown non-call. But overall the Lakers deserved to win the game. They played hard and aggressive. But I still have serious question' about the Lakers on D. If they play D like this on tues., as Emmitt Smith would say "Man they probably going to get blowed out!"

sixerfan82
kobe had a quiet 25, lakers are lucky they got this W

juju151111
06-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Show me a game when he went 2-20?

:hammerhead:

However, I was proud of Lamar and Gasol for stepping up tonight.
I said he "could".He is not playing good yet u compare him to a 6 time finals mvp?

bhov97
06-16-2008, 12:47 AM

yea if u call over the backs massive rebounds, plenty of times gasol tried tipping rebounds over KG's back no fouls called ...also that steal kobe had on pierce was a foul..

DLeagueWannabe
06-16-2008, 12:48 AM
LOL...people cryin about Kobe's subpar game....25 pts 7rebs 4ast 5stls on poor shooting...You think he he didn't play hard or something? lol. As if any of you guys could do better? As if any of you guys could even make it to the league? You think Bryant wants to shoot bad? Last time I checked Bryant was a pretty good f*cking basketball player. lol...you guys disgust me...He played well enough to win, and so did the Lakers, what else do people want? A perfect game? Never, not against this team at least. Go watch the Utah series if you wanna see Kobe get lay ups and free throws and shoot 50+ %

Diesel J
Don't let the win hide the fact that Kobe was missing in action after the first qtr.Dude was MIA:oldlol:

MVP's for Lakers were Derek Fisher and Odom IMO.The Fisher 3 ppt play when Rondo fouled him and that Odom 3 ptr were the backbreakers IMO.

Loki
dude....you didnt even watch the game...what the hell do u know?? u were begging others for link online??

GTFO

Yeah, my stream was choppy though, which is why I asked for different feeds. I saw the game.

"GTFO"

amfirst
06-16-2008, 12:49 AM
I think as the game progesses the Lakers will figure the Celtics because they can learn from the Celt's veterans and they got a little better in this game.

Still have the same mistakes at not guarding Pierce on his baseline side and force him to go middle. His go to move is going left and flopping for the foul. Kobe gave him room today so he couldn't do the same flop when he went left.

Lakers got better at guarding Ray. His sweet move is a fake right and one bounce three point to the left.

KG, force him to take the jump shot, if he misses it's a fast break.

Just my two cents.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2008, 12:49 AM
yea if u call over the backs massive rebounds, plenty of times gasol tried tipping rebounds over KG's back no fouls called ...also that steal kobe had on pierce was a foul..

Please....suck it up...agreee u lose and try to close out in game 6....whats the big deal......

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Rosecity, why do you talk so much crap when your team isnt even in the playoffs?

Makes me laugh everytime i read your posts

Laker hater that is why

Indian guy
06-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Yeah, my stream was choppy though, which is why I asked for different feeds. I saw the game.

"GTFO"

Stream?? You have work on Sundays?

amfirst
06-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Pierce said that last play by Kobe was a good defensive move. He didn't say anything about foul.

He also said the game plan is to pack up on Kobe and force the other players to beat them. Not surprising if u don't see him scoring much.

No.45
06-16-2008, 12:53 AM

his over the backs were fouls and they were called.

and what does kobe's steal have to do with my post?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-16-2008, 12:54 AM
how come the celtics arent bringing up that peirce took 19 shots and made 16?? please

Loki
LOL...people cryin about Kobe's subpar game....25 pts 7rebs 4ast 5stls on poor shooting...

15 of those 25 coming in the first quarter and like 6 of them in the final 3:00 of the game (4 FT's). So 4 points from the 12:00 mark of the second until 3:00 left in the 4th. So 4 points during the stretch where the game was actually being decided.

Like I said, he laid an egg.

bhov97
Please....suck it up...agreee u lose and try to close out in game 6....whats the big deal......

just like every laker/laker fan sucked it up in game 1? oops i mean started to cry when the fouls in game 1 were sooo in favor of the celts?

how about vlad's travel on his dunk ...dude took so many steps he should of took the greyhound...

Loki
06-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Stream?? You have work on Sundays?

Yup.

Indian guy
06-16-2008, 12:57 AM
if you dont recognize this, then you dont see why the Celts have been the best defensive team all season and the Lakers ranked 17th.

LA actually finished the regular season ranked 5th in points allowed per 100 possessions(best metric of a team's effectiveness defensively, IMO) and 6th best in opponents FG%. While PP's not quite facing the Celtics D, he's still going up against a darn good defense.

amfirst
06-16-2008, 12:57 AM
15 of those 25 coming in the first quarter and like 6 of them in the final 3:00 of the game (4 FT's). So 4 points from the 12:00 mark of the second until 3:00 left in the 4th. So 4 points during the stretch where the game was actually being decided.

So what if Kobe has bad shooting percentage. No one is going to do any better against the Celts defense when it meant to pack in everytime Kobe touches the ball. :hammerhead:

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-16-2008, 12:58 AM
exactly... even if they wanted to LA couldn't stop the TRUTH

OK we get it, TRUTH IS KING*just so you can****up already*. Are all your 11 post similar to these?

No.45
06-16-2008, 12:58 AM
LA actually finished the regular season ranked 5th in points allowed per 100 possessions(best metric of a team's effectiveness defensively, IMO) and 6th best in opponents FG%. While PP's not quite facing the Celtics D, he's still going up against a darn good defense.

....are you serious?

amfirst
06-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Lakers defense is a joke ever since Bynum went down. Go check out the stats after he got injured. It was one of the best, then it went downhill from there.

People were afraid to attack the paint when Bynum was blocking just about everything. The defense was never the same because Bynum was their best help defender.

bhov97
06-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Lakers defense is a joke ever since Bynum went down. Go check out the stats after he got injured. It was one of the best, then it went downhill from there.

down just like how ur lakers are going Tuesday

Loki
06-16-2008, 01:02 AM
So what if Kobe has bad shooting percentage. No one is going to do any better against the Celts defense when it meant to pack in everytime Kobe touches the ball. :hammerhead:

Again, I guess we'll hear this excuse every time Kobe has a bad game. So Kobe is the GOAT except when it counts -- but it's not his fault at all!

I guess the C's just forgot how to play defense in game 3 when Kobe had a great game. Has nothing to do with Kobe's own play or his decision making. :rolleyes:

3stat2
06-16-2008, 01:03 AM
lol, anyone watching the postgame presser on NBA.com? Kobe brought his 2 daughters onto the podium with him and they look bored as hell :lol

amfirst
06-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Again, I guess we'll hear this excuse every time Kobe has a bad game. So Kobe is the GOAT except when it counts -- but it's not his fault at all!

I guess the C's just forgot how to play defense in game 3 when Kobe had a great game. Has nothing to do with Kobe's own play or his decision making. :rolleyes:

Now, when did I say Kobe was GOAT? Learn to read or go back to 1st grade. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

RoseCity07
06-16-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm glad LA won obviously, extend this to 6 games BUT

Gave up a 19 pt lead in like 6 mins (learn from their mistakes?)
Gave up a 14 4th qtr lead in like 3-4 mins
Horrible, stupid defense throughout the game

Gonna have to play much much better to win in Boston.

Yeah this is all true. Seems like LA is going to have to build 20 point leads in both games just to have a chance. They blew a 12 point lead with 9 minutes left. I don't see them even getting a lead like that in Boston.

okayabc123
From Lakers perspective...

1) I think Phil is absolutely getting outcoached by Rivers.. that's the number 1 thing. PJax's rotation in the finals has been horrible. I mean, Chris Mihm in a must win game at home? Or how about putting someone else other than Radmonvich or Walton on Pierce?

And just another jab on the lineups Lakers are using, I think when Kobe has it going like that in the first quarter, why is Phil sitting Kobe in the 2nd? You've got to ride him as long as you can when he has it going. I know that you are afraid of him running out of gas, but this is the freaking finals, and with extra TV timeouts and longer halftime, there's plenty of time to get rest. Plus, and again, it's a MUST WIN.

2) Lakers pick n' roll defense is so so so f'n weak. I don't know if it's the communication problem or what, but whenever Pierce runs a pick n' roll, Pierce just goes in for uncontested layup. That is unacceptable in the finals.

3) So much for Lakers bench? Like JVG said, give me Posey any time, any game... While Posey can't shoot the rock like maybe Sasha, but what he gives you is hard nose defense, hustle, and timely shots when need it. Also PJ Brown is outworking a younger fella on the opposing bench Turiaf? C'mon now, Brown is in his 40s almost..

4) While Kobe likes to think that he can get any shot he wants, he CAN'T and WON'T against Celtics defense. I don't care if you are triple team, quad team, or even just double team.. scoring 15 points in the first quarter, and only 10 for the remaining of the game is hardly something to write home about for an MVP... I'm a Kobe fan.. but another game like tonight's game or Game 4, you might as well just pack it in and get ready for vacation.

Indian guy
....are you serious?

Uhh, did you read what I said apart from what you bolded? LA didn't finish an 82 game season ranked 5th and 6th in the 2 most important defensive statistics by luck. They have played some fine D to get where they are at right now. And no, their defense hasn't been a "joke" with Gasol. They almost played half a season with him and their defensive rankings stayed around where it was with Bynum. Even in these playoffs featuring 16 teams, they've been Top 5 in opponents FG%.

Loki
06-16-2008, 01:06 AM
And it's not just Kobe's poor shooting after the first quarter that's the issue (3-13 FG. Ouch). He was simply invisible during the 33 minutes of the game (2nd quarter through 3:00 left in the 4th) where the game was being decided. Invisible.

LOL @ anyone trying to rationalize his performance. ANY other superstar would and has been raked through the coals for much less on this kind of stage. :oldlol:

Younggrease
06-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Uhh, did you read what I said apart from what you bolded? LA didn't finish an 82 game season ranked 5th and 6th in the 2 most important defensive statistics by luck. They have played some fine D to get where they are at right now. And no, their defense hasn't been a "joke" with Gasol. They almost played half a season with him and their defensive rankings stayed around where it was with Bynum.

as someone who hs watched almost ever lakers game all season I respectfully disagree with you..

Lakers have been soft for a while now

Fo-Rizzle
06-16-2008, 01:07 AM
glad lakers won.now celtics can go down in history for three things this year.1st best turn around season.2nd most points down in a quarter in the playofffs.and 3rd only team to lose a playoff after being up 3 to 1 BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:hammertime:

yes i cant stand the celtics

amfirst
06-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Just like Rick Fox says, if somehow the Lakers win it all. Someone else has to be MVP because the Celt's defense will not allow Kobe to take over the game, they pretty much pack the whole team on Kobe and force some other Lakers to step up. So the smart thing is for Kobe to let his teammates take over.

bhov97
06-16-2008, 01:13 AM
glad lakers won.now celtics can go down in history for three things this year.1st best turn around season.2nd most points down in a quarter in the playofffs.and 3rd only team to lose a playoff after being up 3 to 1 BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:hammertime:

yes i cant stand the celtics

the lakers still wont win the championship pal...is kobe going to :cry: or will phil :cry: about free throws again to get some refs to feel bad for his pathetic lakers

No.45
06-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Just like Rick Fox says, if somehow the Lakers win it all. Someone else has to be MVP because the Celt's defense will not allow Kobe to take over the game, they pretty much pack the whole team on Kobe and force some other Lakers to step up. So the smart thing is for Kobe to let his teammates take over.

i said this earlier this year, Kobe would rather give away the series than for someone else rather than him to be named MVP. This is evidenced by his demeanor at post-game conferences and on the damn court.

amfirst
06-16-2008, 01:21 AM
i said this earlier this year, Kobe would rather give away the series than for someone else rather than him to be named MVP. This is evidenced by his demeanor at post-game conferences and on the damn court.

Good one... :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

aznboy2k2
06-16-2008, 01:21 AM

I agree.

I'm not sure what Kobe would do if Pau Gasol is named MVP.

ryantheporchkid
06-16-2008, 01:33 AM
JVG was right. The defense that the Lakers showed tonight won't get the job done in Boston.

bo0ger
06-16-2008, 01:36 AM
JVG was right. The defense that the Lakers showed tonight won't get the job done in Boston.

x2

the lakers need to step it up bigtime if they want a game 7

with that being said... GO LAKERS! :rockon:

crisoner
06-16-2008, 02:22 AM
the lakers still wont win the championship pal...is kobe going to :cry: or will phil :cry: about free throws again to get some refs to feel bad for his pathetic lakers

Only 5 posts ever....................BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!!! Sustained!!!!

:pimp:

crisoner
06-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Yeah this is all true. Seems like LA is going to have to build 20 point leads in both games just to have a chance. They blew a 12 point lead with 9 minutes left. I don't see them even getting a lead like that in Boston.

Geez...even with 20 point leads going in to half time you just never know.

But never say never cause the Laker CAN turn the page and make history.

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ + KB = MB47
06-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Good overall effort for the lakers I like the fact that Gasol went more at Kg and Lamar odom is playing at his potential so if Kobe can bring a betta effort in game 6 maybe the lake show can pull it off. cause they wont win a sloppy game in boston.

chopchop20
06-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Lakers still in it..... and we still haven't played a good 48 minutes. Maybe game 6 will be the night.

crisoner
06-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Good overall effort for the lakers I like the fact that Gasol went more and Kg and Lamar odom is playing at his potential so if Kobe can bring a betta effort in game 6 maybe the lake show can pull it off. cause they wont win a sloppy game in boston.

True indeed.

If we can put a good effort out in Boston we can steal a game and hopefully 2.
The pressure is on Boston right now....Lakers just have to lay it all on the line and play like they got nothing to lose. But really....the Lakers have to believe they can win in Boston first. They must have that mindset. Kobe must be a leader and take over the game at key moments. Gasol, Lamar...hell all the Staters are key. They need to play solid defense....come out strong running and gunning....crash the boards and out hustle the Celtics with every play.
And the bench mob NEEDS to step up. This is vital to the Lakers success on the road. I know they are young but if they can step up play solid dee and shoot the lights out we will be fine.

A tall order yes.....but hey anything is possible.

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!

crisoner
06-16-2008, 02:40 AM
Lakers still in it..... and we still haven't played a good 48 minutes. Maybe game 6 will be the night.

And then...God willing.........GAME 7 as WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S MAKE HISTORY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAKESHOW ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diesel J
06-16-2008, 02:41 AM

:oldlol: Dude was just standing around on the court

chopchop20
06-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Good overall effort for the lakers I like the fact that Gasol went more and Kg and Lamar odom is playing at his potential so if Kobe can bring a betta effort in game 6 maybe the lake show can pull it off. cause they wont win a sloppy game in boston.

Like I've been preaching all series, Lakers big guys need to make aggressive moves. Put pressure on the Celtic interior defense. Get them in the penalty so we can get to the free throw line. Worked beautifully tonight -- KG and PJ Brown in foul trouble.

lakers4ever
06-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Have you all failed to realize how crappy Boston has played in this series as well? This has been the worst played finals I think I have ever seen. Both teams are pathetic. Boston has been down by huge margins two games in a row. Garnett is Mr. Nobody in this series for the most part. Boston almost lost game two after being up by a huge margin in Boston. This series is not over if the Boston team doesn't get their head out of their butts for over half the game like they did in the last two games. It would make this homer Laker laugh his a $ $ off if the Lakers made history and came back and stole this series in the end with Kobe posting two 50 point games in a row. WHEN the Lakers play defense, the Celtics are just as pathetic as the Lakers have been in this series. So don't toot your horns how great the Celtics are. They have looked pretty darn pathetic to me in MAJOR STRETCHES of every game.

MJ + KB = MB47
06-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Like I've been preaching all series, Lakers big guys need to make aggressive moves. Put pressure on the Celtic interior defense. Get them in the penalty so we can get to the free throw line. Worked beautifully tonight -- KG and PJ Brown in foul trouble.
I feel like lamar odom gets in trouble when he forces his offense like as i watched tonight all his points came with in the flow of the offense when he does that he is the most dangerous weapon on the court. and also people have to understand Gasol has never been here he has never been expected to win so we have to give him a chance at those growing pains i seen a idiot mention trading him but i believe in the lakers lets make history.

donxcore
06-16-2008, 04:13 AM
:roll: hahaa it's funny how Gasol gets held up from getting rebounds in Game 5. If u guys get a chance watch Gasol because he doesn't seem very effective playing center. He seems better dribbling and taking it to the rim.

Brunch@Five
06-16-2008, 05:11 AM
Kobe had a decent game, got the Lakers the lead in the 1st quarter, came up huge on defense (containing Pierce in stretches, getting the clutch steal). Had some questionable decisions late though. He should operate from the post more as Boston completely denies any penetration (I'm still in awe they managed to not get called for defensive 3 seconds all game :wtf: )

Also, the game wasn't decided in the 2nd/3rd quarter any more than it was in the 1st and 4th. Lakers got a huge lead twice and at least were able to sustain the 2nd one. Not a pretty win, but without Phil's idiotic line-up to start the 2nd quarter this could have been a blow-out.

edit: KG is an absolute joke. Kobe isn't playing his best, but compared to KG, he's playing like the GOAT. KG once again disappeared on offense, 13 points and ZERO assists.

JellyBean
06-16-2008, 07:03 AM
The Lakers pulled out a close one. They gotta improve, get tough, do something, in order to keep the Celtics off the line and from getting easy baskets.

Paul Pierce just drove the lane at will. Where was the defense of the Lakers? Nobody put a hard foul on Paul.

In the end, the Celtics gave this one away.

~LA's fine$t~
06-16-2008, 07:21 AM
You know, we can talk all we want about being tough and playing better.
But the fact remains, Boston are the toughest team for us to face because of the size advantage they have on us. I've said that from the start of the playoffs, only team I fear is Boston. They are really not that much better then us, all the games in this series went down to the wire.

Take away game 2 (ref job), and that historic comeback and LA wins this series 4-1 right now. But we're not the champs, we're on the brink of elimination because we lack size and interior defense. WE HAVE NO BACKUP BIG IN THIS SERIES, think about that for a second before you hear Boston whinnying about how they missed Perkins, but at least they have PJ Brown, Powe and even Posey. Who do we have? Turiaf, Mihm and injured Ariza?

This series would be completely different with Bynum, there is really no doubt in my mind we'd be at least up 3-2 right now with Drew in the lineup.

He'd at the very least be the 2nd best rebounder in the series, 2nd best shot blocker and would present some interior scoring for us.

With that said, Boston are expectedly the better team in this series mainly because of our vulnerability inside.

~LA's fine$t~
06-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Anyone notice how Loki didn't make a single comment about Pierce's 19 FT's? Just imagine how much crap we'd hear from him if Kobe got those same 19 Ft's...I guess because it's Pierce, they are fully justified.

As they were of course, I just find his bias quite amusing.

Loki
06-16-2008, 07:41 AM
think about that for a second before you hear Boston whinnying about how they missed Perkins, but at least they have PJ Brown, Powe and even Posey. Who do we have? Turiaf, Mihm and injured Ariza?

Ariza is the same size as Posey and a good defender/energy player. Turiaf is bigger than Powe and an energy player/banger inside. Mihm, despite not having played, is better than PJ Brown (at least offensively). Why should we feel bad for LA again? Celts without Perkins don't have much more size than LA. Gasol is taller than KG, Odom is taller than Powe/Brown.

Loki
06-16-2008, 07:42 AM
Anyone notice how Loki didn't make a single comment about Pierce's 19 FT's? Just imagine how much crap we'd hear from him if Kobe got those same 19 Ft's...I guess because it's Pierce, they are fully justified.

As they were of course, I just find his bias quite amusing.

Go back and see if I made much fuss about Kobe's 18 FT's in game 3. I didn't, because he was clearly attacking, as was Pierce tonight. Get a life.

~LA's fine$t~
06-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Ariza is the same size as Posey and a good defender/energy player. Turiaf is bigger than Powe and an energy player/banger inside. Mihm, despite not having played, is better than PJ Brown (at least offensively). Why should we feel bad for LA again? Celts without Perkins don't have much more size than LA. Gasol is taller than KG, Odom is taller than Powe/Brown.

Wow. :wtf:

~LA's fine$t~
06-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Go back and see if I made much fuss about Kobe's 18 FT's in game 3. I didn't, because he was clearly attacking, as was Pierce tonight. Get a life.

What an ironic statement, coming from a clown who roots for any team playing the Lakers. As the sole purpose to belittling Kobe Bryant, just to glorify his precious.

bhov97
06-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Only 5 posts ever....................BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!!! Sustained!!!!

:pimp:

bandwagon my ass you are just a forum flame whore..sustained!!!

just because i don't have 1000 posts i qualify as bandwagon...ridiculous...hope u enjoy the watching the "pah-ty" we have in "Bawston" :party: :banana: :party:

Stay off Kobe's nuts your team is garbage! Gasol is GARBAGE sustain that flamer

Bump back to the tizop

bhov97
06-16-2008, 07:55 AM
And then...God willing.........GAME 7 as WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S MAKE HISTORY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAKESHOW ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clearly u are delusional Lakers haven't won in Boston all year...

ForceOfNature
06-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Celtics are winning this series, they showed me that they are the better team last night (even though the Lakers won the game). The C's just are the ones which keep coming back, and will never go away. Kobe was mediocre last night, Paul Pierce was absolutely sensational. No way in heck the Lakers are winning this series, the Celts should be able to take this series in Game 6.

I feel like lamar odom gets in trouble when he forces his offense like as i watched tonight all his points came with in the flow of the offense when he does that he is the most dangerous weapon on the court. and also people have to understand Gasol has never been here he has never been expected to win so we have to give him a chance at those growing pains i seen a idiot mention trading him but i believe in the lakers lets make history.

Good job stealing my avatar. :rolleyes:

stevieming
06-16-2008, 08:24 AM
I was surprised to see lakers lose their intensity so quickly after the initial lead in an elimination game at home...kobe played like crap, lots of bad decisions..

I thought overall Boston looked a little tired, and Paul tried to do a bit too much which led him to being tired in the fourth...doc should have rested him.

Ray ray looked sharp at the beginning, but cus of Kobe having his hot hand, doc sat him down. I thought, yes to a change of defender as Ray was getting torched, but Ray should have been given more shots....

its so infuriating watching KG, he is an intense player but he settles for jumpshots????:confusedshrug: I just don't get it...

I am pretty sure whenever most players get intense, their mindset is I am taking this mofo ball to the hoop....

I'll even settle for KG getting a charge next game as long as he takes it to the rim....

GMW
06-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Are you serious? Mihm? :lol

trig
06-16-2008, 09:57 AM
why is ariza not playing more than walton and radman? Ariza fights for every posesion and actually knows how to attack and play defense. With a soft pf and c, they need someone tougher in the 3.

I dont know what's radman's problem is but he has been forcing things a lot lately . before he usually is contented in hitting some open 3's and cutting etc but on this series, he can't even look kobe straight in the eye. He keeps on forcing plays w/c he's not good esp in passing.

Who do you think decided to play iso in the 4th? was it phil or kobe? its pretty dumb imo. Boston is playing box-1 so attacking at the top of the key is like having 5 defenders. La was also doing fine with their hi-lo play and post-ups

TruthKGRay3412
06-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Just got home..good game last night..I thought the Celtics were going to squeak one out but instead KG had plans to celebrate in Boston..and Rajon did also.Good win for the Lakes..Game 6 should be fun.

ihatetimthomas
06-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Just got home..good game last night..I thought the Celtics were going to squeak one out but instead KG had plans to celebrate in Boston..and Rajon did also.Good win for the Lakes..Game 6 should be fun.

Good game and def. entertaining. Should be an exciting finish in Boston. It really did seem Like KG wanted to win in Boston last night huh? But I expect a high energy and entertaining game 6

AIrules
06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
WOW...great performance by Odom & Pierce...Odom deserves a lotta credit for his performance in this game....Lakes deserved to win this game...now lets see what happens in game 6...i believe its gonna go to game 7..Game 6 shall be entertaining

DLeagueWannabe
06-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Pencil in Bryant and Pierce for 25 to 35...

This Series is going to be won by the rest of the players. Which team is going to play better and make plays besides they're two best players. Plain and Simple.

Vilmatic
06-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Have you all failed to realize how crappy Boston has played in this series as well? This has been the worst played finals I think I have ever seen. Both teams are pathetic. Boston has been down by huge margins two games in a row. Garnett is Mr. Nobody in this series for the most part. Boston almost lost game two after being up by a huge margin in Boston. This series is not over if the Boston team doesn't get their head out of their butts for over half the game like they did in the last two games. It would make this homer Laker laugh his a $ $ off if the Lakers made history and came back and stole this series in the end with Kobe posting two 50 point games in a row. WHEN the Lakers play defense, the Celtics are just as pathetic as the Lakers have been in this series. So don't toot your horns how great the Celtics are. They have looked pretty darn pathetic to me in MAJOR STRETCHES of every game.

this is funny:roll: a laker fan dreaming of kobe going for 50 in the next 2 games...LoL... what makes you think from watching these 5 games so far that he will go off against the best Defense in the NBA????:roll:
wow talk about being a big homer:roll: :roll: :roll: this post made my day:roll: :roll: boston is clearly the better team with mental toughness while the lakers are a soft team... you gotta be kidding me:roll: kobe will go for 50 against this defense...LoL maybe in your dreams & kobe aswell:roll:

LakerDynasty00
06-16-2008, 02:44 PM
this is funny:roll: a laker fan dreaming of kobe going for 50 in the next 2 games...LoL... what makes you think from watching these 5 games so far that he will go off against the best Defense in the NBA????:roll:
wow talk about being a big homer:roll: :roll: :roll: this post made my day:roll: :roll: boston is clearly the better team with mental toughness while the lakers are a soft team... you gotta be kidding me:roll: kobe will go for 50 against this defense...LoL maybe in your dreams & kobe aswell:roll:

Yeah it is delusional thinking. Kobe hasn't been able to get to the basket or the free-throw line all series and that's because the Celtics defense has been too good at clogging the lane. All Kobe gets is long-range jumpers which are the lowest fg% shots in basketball; they also lead to transition baskets for the Celtics. If Kobe does go off for 40+ it will be because he shoots way above average from 3-point territory like he did early on in game 5, otherwise 20-25 will be the norm at under 50%. Kobe's going through the opposite of Paul Peirce. Where PP can get to the basket at will against his sub-par defenders and sub-par team defense, Kobe's facing very good single coverage and way above average team defense. There's just nothing Kobe can do outside of the heroic long-range shooting to score more unless one of two things happen:

1. The Celtics get lazy on defense like they did in game 3.
2. The other Laker 3-point shooters get really hot and the Celtics defenders have to stop helping.

Its unlikely to happen and so I'm not expecting any great performances, just a small miracle for a Laker win in game 6.

Vilmatic
06-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah it is delusional thinking. Kobe hasn't been able to get to the basket or the free-throw line all series and that's because the Celtics defense has been too good at clogging the lane. All Kobe gets is long-range jumpers which are the lowest fg% shots in basketball; they also lead to transition baskets for the Celtics. If Kobe does go off for 40+ it will be because he shoots way above average from 3-point territory like he did early on in game 5, otherwise 20-25 will be the norm at under 50%. Kobe's going through the opposite of Paul Peirce. Where PP can get to the basket at will against his sub-par defenders and sub-par team defense, Kobe's facing very good single coverage and way above average team defense. There's just nothing Kobe can do outside of the heroic long-range shooting to score more unless one of two things happen:

1. The Celtics get lazy on defense like they did in game 3.
2. The other Laker 3-point shooters get really hot and the Celtics defenders have to stop helping.

Its unlikely to happen and so I'm not expecting any great performances, just a small miracle for a Laker win in game 6.

atleast your not a delusional laker fan like this other dude. great post by a laker fan with some sense & knowledge of the game:)

Magubbi
06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but after 3 pages, all I could think is "Loki is annoying as f*ck". Jesus christ, dude, just shut up.

rs98762001
06-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Big ratings for Game 5. Over 17 million viewers. Higher than any other game this series by far.

Not to be too conspiracy theorist, but look for the Lakers to have the officiating advantage in Game 6. The NBA wants this to go seven games. Kobe, Phil and co. should recognize this possibility, and be as aggressive as possible from the outset. They'll get the calls.

sixerfan82
06-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Big ratings for Game 5. Over 17 million viewers. Higher than any other game this series by far.

Not to be too conspiracy theorist, but look for the Lakers to have the officiating advantage in Game 6. The NBA wants this to go seven games. Kobe, Phil and co. should recognize this possibility, and be as aggressive as possible from the outset. They'll get the calls.

i'm calling shenanigans, it's over tuesday night

Loki
06-16-2008, 04:20 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, but after 3 pages, all I could think is "Loki is annoying as f*ck". Jesus christ, dude, just shut up.

Well, Mr. 13 posts, you're very special. :oldlol:

LakersNation562
06-16-2008, 04:39 PM
i really dont know whats going on with this laker team. they played terrific basketball in the 3 series they've won up until leading to the finals. i dont want to take anything away from boston and they are arguably the best defensive team in the league. but the lakers.....theyre playing like scared little *****es!!!! the whole team. maybe it is some sort of mental blockage this team is having? they've allowed the celtics defense to get into their heads to the point where theyre just delusional. they dont believe they can beat the celtics or something. NO ONE on this lakers team has played the way they normally play which is quite baffling. theyre giving the celtics defense tooooo much credit.

Laker4Lyfe
06-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Pierce 10 -22
Bryant 8 -21

BIG DIFFERENCE 2 whole shots. :rolleyes:

Poseidon
06-16-2008, 06:22 PM
IF the Lakers can't win ONE game on the road, they don't deserve to win the championship. Simple as that.

ihatetimthomas
06-16-2008, 06:40 PM
IF the Lakers can't win ONE game on the road, they don't deserve to win the championship. Simple as that.

Well they are done if they dont win on the road so I guess your point holds bearing

incxpinoy
06-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Sasha needs to hit 50 percent of his shots for the Lakers to even have a chance.

Poseidon
06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Well they are done if they dont win on the road so I guess your point holds bearing

Even if the Lakers didn't choke away Game 4 and are up 3-2 right now....they would have still needed to win a game in Boston.

IMO Kobe needs to go "vintage Kobe" tomorrow night and impose his will from the opening tip for the Lakers to have a chance. IF Kobe gets the Lakers over the hump is Game 6.....ALL the pressure is on Boston for Game 7. And we've all seen how KG handles "pressure." :oldlol:

crisoner
06-17-2008, 12:44 AM
IF Kobe is the player/leader we all HOPE he is.....maybe.....just maybe we can pull it off and make history.

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Break down the Celtics dee Kobe....and STOP THE CELTS WITH TEAM DEFENSE!!!!!!!!

Rocker09
06-17-2008, 02:27 AM
I was able to watch the game and here are my thoughts:
-Although Kobe had a bad game offensively, I liked the fact that most of the shots that Odom and Gasol started w/ a pass from Kobe(Doesn't necessarily mean that Kobe is the one who gave the assist). Most of the offense started w/ Kobe getting the ball. This is good because he's trusting his teammates

-The celtics defense has been unbelievable so far. Pierce is doing a good job in defending Kobe.

-The Lakers are lacking mental toughness in this series. They lost 2 big leads in their last 2 games and those 2 games were at home. They can't win on the road if they don't learn how to protect their lead.

-Odom and Pau FINALLY showed up. If only we can get Kobe, Odom, Gasol, and Fisher to all have good games in game 6 then maybe the lakers can extend this series to 7 games.

konex
06-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Someone needs to tell Sasha not to shoot EVERY time he gets the ball. It looks so bad when he chucks it up even as the defender is flying at him..

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
06-17-2008, 02:31 AM
IMO Kobe needs to go "vintage Kobe" tomorrow night and impose his will from the opening tip for the Lakers to have a chance. IF Kobe gets the Lakers over the hump is Game 6.....ALL the pressure is on Boston for Game 7. And we've all seen how KG handles "pressure." :oldlol:[/QUOTE]

Then we need to bring back Smuch/Kwame.
Kobe need to be aggressive throughout the game and when Boston sag off there man to double or triple Kobe, LA just need to hit the outside shots. They don't its over. They should run the pick and roll more often too(no more shaq).

konex
06-17-2008, 02:34 AM
i really dont know whats going on with this laker team. they played terrific basketball in the 3 series they've won up until leading to the finals. i dont want to take anything away from boston and they are arguably the best defensive team in the league. but the lakers.....theyre playing like scared little *****es!!!! the whole team. maybe it is some sort of mental blockage this team is having? they've allowed the celtics defense to get into their heads to the point where theyre just delusional. they dont believe they can beat the celtics or something. NO ONE on this lakers team has played the way they normally play which is quite baffling. theyre giving the celtics defense tooooo much credit.

They didn't play that well as a team after the Nuggets series. Kobe was playing fantastic and it covered up a lot of mediocre play from Pau and Lamar plus the bench has been very poor as a group since round 1.

Lakers are not a good offensive team when Kobe isn't doing damage cos he's the only one who can consistently create his own shot as well as make plays for others. Too many players (Vlad, Fish, Sasha, Farmar and even Pau to some degree) are dependent on him to get them easy shots. Kobe isn't getting in the lane this series but unlike the Spurs series, he can't get to his sweet spots (for jumpers) cos Boston is swarming instead of relying on one defender with occasional help. Also, this is the first series where the Lakers have the overall disadvantage inside.

They are just not a good defensive team period but their over-help defense worked vs. Denver, Utah and SA cos the outside shooters on those teams missed and weren't threats to attack the basket. Boston is able to spread the court cos they have 3 guys (or more) on the court at all times who can shoot or take guys off the dribble. Very bad matchup for LA's gimmick defense..

To cut a long story short, they finally faced a team that can not only give Kobe problems but one that has more talent top to bottom...

LakersLaLaLand
06-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Well, Mr. 13 posts, you're very special. :oldlol:

I'll take the guy with 13 posts over your pretentious 7K any day everyday.

Whats really funny is....it takes you...Loki...to get him to step out from his normal quiet self.

How old are you?

Loki
06-17-2008, 03:29 AM

Whats really funny is....it takes you...Loki...to get him to step out from his normal quiet self.

How old are you?

Oh look, it's a poster with "Lakers" in his username. Hi poster with "Lakers" in his username. <waves>

Dizzay
06-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Oh look, it's a poster with "Lakers" in his username. Hi poster with "Lakers" in his username. <waves>
Loki, how do you still post here after you were exposed as a white boy?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Loki
06-17-2008, 04:45 AM

"Exposed" as a white boy? When have I ever stated or implied that I wasn't? :oldlol: I believe you're thinking of someone else.

Da_Realist
06-17-2008, 09:14 AM

How does that matter? :confusedshrug:

ALlArOuNDPIaya
06-18-2008, 02:14 PM

How old are you?
:oldlol: At all these inferior posters bashing Loki, get off his ass.

crisoner
06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
JuStIn trolling at the right time.....................classless.

XxNeXuSxX
06-18-2008, 03:21 PM
JuStIn trolling at the right time.....................classless.
lol