PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen's daughter is in the hospital

DuMa
06-16-2008, 01:59 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-32-323/Tough-Night-for-Ray-Allen.html

i heard this through one of the radio broadcasts on gamenight on espnradio.

if its true, prayers for ray allen and his family

ihatetimthomas
06-16-2008, 02:02 AM
If my daughter was in the hospital, I'd probably not even play the game and be with her, even if it was the biggest game of my life. Granted I dont know the severity of her illness, but I can guarantee you if it is serious, theres no way I'd be playing.

Hope all goes well for him and his family

shadow
06-16-2008, 02:04 AM
I'm guessing something went down during the game. Anyway I hope his kid's OK.

Loki
06-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Now Allen probably won't play in game 6. Can the Lakers get any luckier? :oldlol: Perkins injured TWICE and now out, Pierce injured, Rondo injured, Allen possibly missing game 6. Wow. :oldlol:

On topic though, hope his daughter is okay. Ray seems like he's a good father.

Foster5k
06-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Family more important than any game. I hope his daughter is ok.

stephanieg
06-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Fake.

gts
06-16-2008, 02:30 AM
sounds like it occured during the game from the article..
hope all is well with her..

and no matter what happens lets respect ray for his decisions, he'll be doing what he feels is right and we have no basis to be second guessing him...

w00terz
06-16-2008, 02:34 AM
Fake.

I hope you're joking.

Ray-Ray's daughter has been diagnosed with Diabetes. Diabetes is serious. Your comments are incredibly disrespectful.

Poseidon
06-16-2008, 02:37 AM
I pray for Ray's daughter and his family tonight. Very sad.

crisoner
06-16-2008, 02:41 AM
Oh sh*t..............

Man....my prayers go out to Ray and his Fam as well.
Hope she is OK.

west
06-16-2008, 03:48 AM
i consider myself as ione of the biggest rayray fan in the world,i wish his daughTter and family the best,family issue has been bother him a lot since playoffs:(
and hater,please just leave him alone,you can bash all you want,i don't care,but could you just wait until his daughter is ok????PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

catzhernandez
06-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Now Allen probably won't play in game 6. Can the Lakers get any luckier? :oldlol: Perkins injured TWICE and now out, Pierce injured, Rondo injured, Allen possibly missing game 6. Wow. :oldlol:

On topic though, hope his daughter is okay. Ray seems like he's a good father.
Could you assume ANY MORE by saying he's out for game 6?

Misconceptn
06-16-2008, 04:00 AM
Laker fans should be happy if Ray Allen doesent play.
A "tainted" title is better than no title.
Good for the Lakers

shaoyut
06-16-2008, 04:22 AM
poor ray dam he had to play the game it was the finals

LakersLaLaLand
06-16-2008, 04:26 AM
I was watching the post game interviews on NBA TV. Boston writer asked Doc why did Ray Allen leave so quick after the game. Doc replied, "family issues."

It was one of the first questions.

Bless.

lovethetriangle
06-16-2008, 04:28 AM
Horrible, hope she's ok.

Does anyone know what it is?

w00terz
06-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Horrible, hope she's ok.

Does anyone know what it is?

Rob Fukazaki (ABC Sports Central reporter here in SoCal) said that she was diagnosed with Diabetes.

Solid Snake
06-16-2008, 04:47 AM
God I wish when we ignore someone we could also NOT see their words when quoted by another board member. Phuckin Loki. You think just because you add the trite words "back on topic, his daughter, etc" that you're showing respect. You know how distasteful it looks for you to be taking these "shots" at Lakers, and to use those smiley emoticons, oh but then you brought it back behind the line which you crossed by then giving an empty condolence to Ray's daughter.

Can't you leave these catty comments out of a thread like this? Let this be about the topic at hand, forget fans, forget Lakers. We were talking about something else here, then here your ***** ass comes taking your little shot.

highwhey
06-16-2008, 04:53 AM
If my daughter was in the hospital, I'd probably not even play the game and be with her, even if it was the biggest game of my life. Granted I dont know the severity of her illness, but I can guarantee you if it is serious, theres no way I'd be playing.

Hope all goes well for him and his family
Daddy has to pay the bills. I'm sure the Mother will be there along side her bed, as well as other family members. As much as it would hurt me, I'd go ahead and play the game. The illness also depends, most of the time patients are resting anyways. Ray Allen has another family to attend...

Lebron23
06-16-2008, 05:00 AM
My prayers go out to Ray Allen and his daughter.

Loki
06-16-2008, 05:02 AM
God I wish when we ignore someone we could also NOT see their words when quoted by another board member. Phuckin Loki. You think just because you add the trite words "back on topic, his daughter, etc" that you're showing respect. You know how distasteful it looks for you to be taking these "shots" at Lakers, and to use those smiley emoticons, oh but then you brought it back behind the line which you crossed by then giving an empty condolence to Ray's daughter.

Can't you leave these catty comments out of a thread like this? Let this be about the topic at hand, forget fans, forget Lakers. We were talking about something else here, then here your ***** ass comes taking your little shot.

Yeah, you're right -- I'm just heartless. :oldlol:

ukballer
06-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Wow, tough situation there. Hopefully everything is ok with his daughter.

Looking at that article though, it seems he should be ok for Game 6.

If I had a kid, even if they just banged their head and had to have a few stitches, I'd rather go back and see them than have to trawl through monotonous interviews etc... obviously diabetes is a whole different ball game (excuse pun) but I'm confident he'll be ready to play.

juju151111
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
This was the family issues he was going through in the hawk and Cavs series.He had a lot on his mind.

ukballer
06-16-2008, 10:05 AM
This was the family issues he was going through in the hawk and Cavs series.He had a lot on his mind.

I expect you phoned him up and asked right? :rolleyes:

PK3434
06-16-2008, 10:13 AM
I believe Ray Allen has 2 daughters...one is a baby and the other one must be about 16 years old now....not sure which one it is.

QuestFor17
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM

I thought the family issue in the Cavs series was his father getting life in jail or something like that???

juju151111
06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I expect you phoned him up and asked right? :rolleyes:
STF^ they were mentioning it, but they didn't say wat it was.Now that it is reveal it obviously had a affect on him.

DuMa
06-16-2008, 11:44 AM
also it kinda sucks that he has to go through this on father's day. i know Lamar is feeling it as well too.

Valliant13
06-16-2008, 11:45 AM
sounds like it occured during the game from the article..
hope all is well with her..

and no matter what happens lets respect ray for his decisions, he'll be doing what he feels is right and we have no basis to be second guessing him...

Nice sentiment. Their are aspect of players that are far outside the commentary of any decent fan. Even if Vince Carter child was sick I would wish him the best, then step away from situation I have no right second guess.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah, you're right -- I'm just heartless.

nah i believe u got a heart. your just a big fcking loser.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-16-2008, 12:17 PM
I think it happened when Doc subbed Ray out for that long stretch.

veilside23
06-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I wish that his daugther will be ok . But seriously basketball is a job. just like any other job in the world if you have a very important thing to do as much as you would like to attend to your daughter you cant because that is where the mom's take over and be there to look after your daughter. I am a dad as well i have two kids and both of them were confined before but i didnt skip work or filed a leave of absence. I wish Ray Allen's Daughter will be fine. But if its that severe it wouldnt surprise me if Ray Ray wont play...

bigboi_baller
06-16-2008, 01:24 PM
I hope you're joking.

Ray-Ray's daughter has been diagnosed with Diabetes. Diabetes is serious. Your comments are incredibly disrespectful.
Diabetes is serious as in its a serious change of lifestyle and diet for some people (ie you watch your diet, take insulin or medication, and exercise); however, its not a "lets get the entire family in the waiting room" kind of sickness. Its not that sort of serious.

Regardless, if someone in his family is sick and I'm assuming Ray knows little about the disease, he had every reason to take a practice off and even a game if he deems necessary. Unless the daughter had super-super low blood sugar, like coma level, she should be fine.

I come from a family of diabetics and no one has been in the hospital for diabetes for more than a day and those were elderly people. But who knows what kind of complications there are.

Rab
06-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Diabetes is serious as in its a serious change of lifestyle and diet for some people (ie you watch your diet, take insulin or medication, and exercise); however, its not a "lets get the entire family in the waiting room" kind of sickness. Its not that sort of serious.

Regardless, if someone in his family is sick and I'm assuming Ray knows little about the disease, he had every reason to take a practice off and even a game if he deems necessary. Unless the daughter had super-super low blood sugar, like coma level, she should be fine.

I come from a family of diabetics and no one has been in the hospital for diabetes for more than a day and those were elderly people. But who knows what kind of complications there are.
It depends on how long his daughter went without knowing what was wrong. When my sister was diagnosed, she had become really dehydrated, pale, and was beginning to lose significant weight. This was all in the span of about 4-5days. When my parents took her in, she was in the hospital for about 3 days. The doctors said if we would've waited a day later to come in, she probably would've hit the coma stage. Diabetes are not to be messed with in this stage.

AIrules
06-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Hope she gets well...

SHEED_ gangsta
06-16-2008, 04:15 PM
hope Ray Ray does'nt play

Brickz187
06-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Damn. shout outs go to Ray Ray and his daughter man. I dont blame him if he misses out on game 6. Dude has had way too much on his mind this whole playoffs. Hopefully he does the right thing weither it be play game 6 or stay with his child. I wont fault him for either of the decisions he makes. He knows whats important to HIM not any of us or anyone else.

ShowtymeCA2NC
06-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Prayers go out to Ray Allen and his family

w00terz
06-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Let's see...

Allen himself is 100% healthy.

According to Doc, Perkins doubtful for Game 6 (though it's probably a load of bullshit).

The Celtics just lost Game 5.

If the Celtics lose, the pressure isn't on the Lakers, but on the Celtics (for being only the third team in NBA history to play a Game 7 after having a 3-1 Finals lead).

He is their third best player.

In other words, he will play, and there's really no doubt about it.

He's going to play. It's just another thing he has to worry about, something that is in the back of his mind. It can motivate him to play better or distract him and make him play worse. He is a competitor so he will probably play better. No one knows. The Lakers aren't winning two games in a row in Boston.

dirkdiggler41
06-16-2008, 04:45 PM
It might be the most importent game in his whole life if they win.

bigboi_baller
06-16-2008, 05:32 PM
It depends on how long his daughter went without knowing what was wrong. When my sister was diagnosed, she had become really dehydrated, pale, and was beginning to lose significant weight. This was all in the span of about 4-5days. When my parents took her in, she was in the hospital for about 3 days. The doctors said if we would've waited a day later to come in, she probably would've hit the coma stage. Diabetes are not to be messed with in this stage.

Yeah, thats what I mean.

But if a pro athelete's kids start to look pale and/or are sick they get to better doctors and get there faster. Plus, in that condition, once you get into the hospital and are diagnosed, you get a lot better pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure your sister was feeling a lot better as soon as she got her sugar level balanced correctly, probably the same day she got in to the hospital. The extra few days are usually just in case or to recover from what you already when through (fatigue, weight loss, etc) not to fix something thats wrong with you.

Lakers73
06-16-2008, 07:34 PM
I've always been a Ray Allen fan, ever since his UConn days. Hope his family is ok.

With that said........Go Lakers!!!!!!

~LA's fine$t~
06-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I hope she's alright.

"Jesus"
06-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Best wishes with his family.

King of the D
06-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Stern hired someone to do it so the Lakers could force a game 7.

bigboi_baller
06-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Stern hired someone to do it so the Lakers could force a game 7.
If refs can be bought, so can doctors.

I bet Al-Queeda is involved.

King of the D
06-17-2008, 12:48 AM
If refs can be bought, so can doctors.

I bet Al-Queeda is involved.
:oldlol:

~LA's fine$t~
06-17-2008, 12:48 AM
His daughter has a serious illness and y'all are pulling weak jokes.

"Jesus"
06-17-2008, 12:53 AM
His daughter has a serious illness and y'all are pulling weak jokes.

It's saddening. :confusedshrug:

Mr_Basketball#1
06-17-2008, 01:00 AM
^^I mean it's not like Ray Allen reads ISH.

Dizzay
06-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Karma sucks. You know how many kids are probably sick due to Ray Allen?

JellyBean
06-17-2008, 01:30 AM
I hope that all is going well for Ray and his family.

High Potential
06-17-2008, 01:58 AM
why do all these NBA players have sick kids! I mean, there's only like 300 of em, and Fish, Ray Ray, Odom's kid died, and there have to be more.

Do ball players have bad genes?

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-17-2008, 02:00 AM
i think odom's kid smothered itself in it's sleep.

Dizzay
06-17-2008, 02:04 AM
why do all these NBA players have sick kids! I mean, there's only like 300 of em, and Fish, Ray Ray, Odom's kid died, and there have to be more.

All the curses and death wishes from opposing fans.

shadow
06-17-2008, 02:32 AM

Kid's get sick. Ton's of people have kids who are sick. It's just that these guys are in the spotlight so when their kids get sick the media hypes it up to add the human element in the story.

High Potential
06-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Man, if that's true about Odom's kid I feel really bad for the kid and really bad for him. I'm glad the media doesn't give him all these ESPN segments about how he fought through it and everything, I respect players so much more when they go through something hard and then DON'T talk about it on TV.

Penny37
06-17-2008, 04:41 AM
Man, if that's true about Odom's kid I feel really bad for the kid and really bad for him. I'm glad the media doesn't give him all these ESPN segments about how he fought through it and everything, I respect players so much more when they go through something hard and then DON'T talk about it on TV.
You're right.
I respect Ray Allen, too.

DuMa
06-17-2008, 04:47 AM
ESPN is reporting it as Ray Allen's son instead of his daughter. makes no difference but still have my best wishes.

Dizzay
06-17-2008, 11:17 AM
You're right.
I respect Ray Allen, too.
I think this may just be a PR ploy by the Celts. They've been doing it all series with all the fake injuries to Paul Pierce.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
hui

west
06-17-2008, 11:39 AM
I think this may just be a PR ploy by the Celts. They've been doing it all series with all the fake injuries to Paul Pierce.
you are just ****ing retarded

Manute for Ever!
06-17-2008, 11:43 AM

That is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever read

UConnCeltics
06-17-2008, 11:55 AM
You are just ignorant...

Dizzay
06-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Just my honest opinion: It's not right to make a show like PP does. If you're hurt, fine, either play trough it or stay home. But the theatrics are an insult.

Given the Celtics history of theatrics, I am skeptical about the Ray Allen news.

juju151111
06-17-2008, 12:07 PM
sigh i just don't understand the ignorance

Manute for Ever!
06-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Just my honest opinion: It's not right to make a show like PP does. If you're hurt, fine, either play trough it or stay home. But the theatrics are an insult.

Given the Celtics history of theatrics, I am skeptical about the Ray Allen news.

Can you give an example of this "History of Theatrics"?

Dizzay
06-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Can you give an example of this "History of Theatrics"?
Paul Pierce, game one. I felt like I was watching a Disney movie or a WWE match rather than a sporting event.

DuMa
06-17-2008, 12:11 PM

and people wonder why Laker fans get a bad rep :rolleyes:

Manute for Ever!
06-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Paul Pierce, game one. I felt like I was watching a Disney movie or a WWE match rather than a sporting event.

You said "History", thus there should be more examples other than the one you keep bringing up...

UConnCeltics
06-17-2008, 12:14 PM
and people wonder why Laker fans get a bad rep :rolleyes:
Well if Kobe's daughter was in the hospital he would be a hero...

gts
06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
I think this may just be a PR ploy by the Celts. They've been doing it all series with all the fake injuries to Paul Pierce.you're embarrassing yourself

juju151111
06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Well if Kobe's daughter was in the hospital he would be a hero...
exactly also SC already report this is true.Dumb ass LA fans being ignorant

UConnCeltics
06-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Dumb ass LA fans being ignorant
Thats a shocker.

Manute for Ever!
06-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Ray Allen is expected to play in Game 6 of the Finals tonight after tending to a medical situation involving his youngest son in Los Angeles.
According to a team official, Allen was at the hospital all day yesterday with his son and was scheduled to fly home late last night or early today. According to the official, Allen's son went to the hospital for treatment prior to Game 5 Sunday night and has recovered well.

The official said Allen was disappointed after hearing about erroneous reports suggesting his oldest daughter was being treated at the hospital.

Despite his family situation, Allen had 16 points in Sunday night's 103-98 loss before fouling out in 39 minutes. He went to the hospital immediately after the game.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/06/17/allen_expected_to_play_tonight/

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-17-2008, 12:33 PM

:roll: :cheers:

gtsmith
06-17-2008, 12:40 PM
I can only imagine that Ray's wife and family have encouraged him to play the game. I know my family would. If it's the 16 year old, then I'm sure she's in the hospital bed insisting her daddy go play the game.

And to Dizzay...shut the F*CK up and go away.

John Starks
06-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Turns out -- according to Ray last night, its his 17-month old son and he has diabetes. The really really good news is that he made it to the game last night. (not so much to the game, but he's out of the Hosp. and returning ot normal life)

DuMa
06-18-2008, 10:30 AM
yeah thats a great story. was that his son he was holding when the closing moments of the game were fading?