PDA

View Full Version : Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

fatboy11
06-16-2008, 08:16 AM
EDIT: Got the promotion, by the way. Yay me.

First Round
1. Chicago Bulls - Derrick Rose
2. Miami Heat - O.J. Mayo
3. Minnesota Timberwolves - Brook Lopez
4. Seattle Super Sonics - Michael Beasley
5. Memphis Grizzlies - Jerryd Bayless
6. New York Knicks - Kevin Love
7. Los Angeles Clippers - Eric Gordon
8. Milwaukee Bucks - Joe Alexander
9. Charlotte Bobcats - Anthony Randolph
10. New Jersey Nets - Russell Westbrook
11. Indiana Pacers -D.J. Augustin
12. Sacramento Kings - Darrell Arthur
13. Portland Trail Blazers - Danilo Gallinari
14. Golden State Warriors - JaVale McGee
15. Phoenix Suns - Mareese Speights
16. Philadelphia 76ers - DeAndre Jordan
17. Toronto Raptors - Robin Lopez
18. Washington Wizards - Kosta Koufos
19. Cleveland Cavaliers - Brandon Rush
20. Denver Nuggets - Alexis Anjinca
21. New Jersey Nets - Jason Thompson
22. Orlando Magic - Mario Chalmers
23. Utah Jazz - Roy Hibbert
24. Seattle Super Sonics - Goran Dragic
25. Houston Rockets - Donte Green
26. San Antonio Spurs - Chris Douglas-Roberts
27. New Orleans Hornets - DeVon Hardin
28. Memphis Grizzlies -Nathan Jawai
29. Detroit Pistons - Bill Walker
30. Boston Celtics - J.J. Hickson

Second Round
31. Minnesota Timberwolves - Courtney Lee
32. Seattle Super Sonics - Serge Ibaka
33. Portland Trail Blazers - Jamont Gordon
34. Minnesota Timberwolves - Joey Dorsey
35. Los Angeles Clippers - Nicolas Batum
36. Portland Trail Blazers - Ante Tomic
37. Milwaukee Bucks - Gary Forbes
38. Charlotte Bobcats - D.J. White
39. Chicago Bulls - Sonny Weems
40. New Jersey Nets - Nikola Peckovic
41. Indiana Pacers - Richard Hendrix
42. Sacramento Kings - Mike Taylor
43. Sacramento Kings - Ryan Anderson
44. Utah Jazz - George Hill
45. San Antonio Spurs - Anton Ponkrashov
46. Seattle Super Sonics - Steven Hill
47. Washington Wizards - Kyle Weaver
48. Phoenix Suns - James Mays
49. Golden State Warriors - Shan Foster
50. Seattle Super Sonics - Bryce Taylor
51. Dallas Mavericks - Trent Plaisted
52. Miami Heat - Davon Jefferson
53. Utah Jazz - J.R. Giddens
54. Houston Rockets - Omer Asik
55. Portland Trail Blazers - Alexey Shved
56. Seattle Super Sonics - Joe Crawford
57. San Antonio Spurs - Josh Duncan
58. Los Angeles Lakers - Patrick Ewing, Jr.
59. Detroit Pistons - Victor Claver
60. Boston Celtics - Sean Singletary

Posterize246
06-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Just in case i'm not on to start the draft i wanna make sure I don't hold anyone up and I know this player won't back out of the draft.so....

With the first pick in the 2008 nba draft...the Chicago Bulls select.....Derrick Rose!, University of Memphis

ClutchCityReturns
06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
fatboy,

I know you already claimed them, but I'd be interested in making one, if not both, of the Rockets picks. If not, maybe the Magic.

Let me know.

fatboy11
06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
You can have the Rockets 2nd rounder and I'll take your input on the 1st rounder.

I would give a team straight up, but I've already given two away as it is.

ClutchCityReturns
06-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Cool.

I've already got a guy in mind for the 2nd rounder.

I'll PM you a list for the 1st pick sometime today.

fatboy11
06-16-2008, 06:04 PM
First two picks have been made since they won't be affected by the withdrawal deadline.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Oooooh Mayo at 2? Now things can get a little tricky.

fatboy11
06-16-2008, 06:43 PM
You're up, Mr. Basketball #1.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-16-2008, 06:53 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves select Brook Lopez

disco
06-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok, in general I always think it's great that people think themselves and don't just copy-paste "expert" mocks, but Beasley dropping to #4 (or lower) is too much. I think this game lost it's respectability.

Posterize246
06-16-2008, 07:08 PM
whoever has the sonics has to be shocked right now

fatboy11
06-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Ok, in general I always think it's great that people think themselves and don't just copy-paste "expert" mocks, but Beasley dropping to #4 (or lower) is too much. I think this game lost it's respectability.My bad, but I just don't see him going to the Heat. I've read nothing that indicates that they intend on drafting him and I think Mayo would be a good, logical pick.

So does that mean you don't want your picks? Because I'll gladly take them for you.

disco
06-16-2008, 07:13 PM
My bad, but I just don't see him going to the Heat. I've read nothing that indicates that they intend on drafting him and I think Mayo would be a good, logical pick.

Actually I like Mayo to Heat. And in a way Beasley isn't necessarily the best fit for Wolves either. I guess it just had to happen then. But in the real draft there would have to be trades involved.

I know everyone here knows their draft. It was just a surprise. It's interesting to see what kind of effect this has for the next picks. Bayless probably isn't the most logical pick for either Memphis or Ny. Could he drop???

Mr_Basketball#1
06-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah after I saw Mayo was off, I saw no need to draft another 4 man when Minny already has Jefferson so I addressed the team need by drafting Lopez.

fatboy11
06-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Actually I like Mayo to Heat. And in a way Beasley isn't necessarily the best fit for Wolves either. I guess it just had to happen then. But in the real draft there would have to be trades involved.

I know everyone here knows their draft. It was just a surprise. It's interesting to see what kind of effect this has for the next picks. Bayless probably isn't the most logical pick for either Memphis or Ny. Could he drop???"YOU WANNA GET NUTS?!?! COME ON! LET'S GET NUTS!!!!!"

Little Batman reference for you. Hey, let's get nutty here. This part of the reason why I had to have Miami. I wanted to make that Mayo pick to see what would happen.

disco
06-16-2008, 07:17 PM
If Mayo to Miami happens in the real draft, would McHale have balls to pass on Beasley?

Mr_Basketball#1
06-16-2008, 07:20 PM
If Mayo to Miami happens in the real draft, would McHale have balls to pass on Beasley?
I could see them drafting Beasley and then trading him for a center, but like I've said multiple times the Wolves don't need another scorer around Jefferson. They need a defender. If they could sign Diop, that would be a great fit. The sixers wouldn't do it, but a beasley+fillers for Dalembert trade would really address both teams needs. The Sixers could then either draft another center or start Jason Smith.

Posterize246
06-16-2008, 07:28 PM
I could see them drafting Beasley and then trading him for a center, but like I've said multiple times the Wolves don't need another scorer around Jefferson. They need a defender. If they could sign Diop, that would be a great fit. The sixers wouldn't do it, but a beasley+fillers for Dalembert trade would really address both teams needs. The Sixers could then either draft another center or start Jason Smith.
sixers would easily do the dalembert/beasley trade. dally isn't valued that much here. I'm so sick of his bball iq.

fatboy11
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
Damn, never thought Dasher would hold this thing up.

Posterize246
06-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Damn, never thought Dasher would hold this thing up.
I'm willing to bet my house on who he's going to pick.

UConnCeltics
06-17-2008, 12:16 PM
I'm willing to bet my house on who he's going to pick.
Jerryd Bayless. They can't take Beasley because that would be 3 sf's taken in the top 5 in the past 2 years.

Posterize246
06-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Jerryd Bayless. They can't take Beasley because that would be 3 sf's taken in the top 5 in the past 2 years.
Beasley at #5!! :banghead: I'm about to see if i can see dasher's past posts to see how he feels about bayless/beasley

fatboy11
06-17-2008, 12:49 PM
It would be crazy if Beasley fell to #5.

I think, in reality, either Miami or Minnesota would have taken him. I wouldn't put it past Seattle/OKC either.

monthh
06-17-2008, 01:50 PM
The start to this draft really could be helping out my Clippers pick a lot. If Beasley goes #4, then I don't see Memphis or NY picking Bayless. Maybe NY would grab him, but that isn't a great fit for a young PG who still has to learn the position. Bayless would be perfect for the Clippers youth movement.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Walsch would definitely snag Bayless if he slips. They need to draft a point guard to replace Marbury. If Bayless is not there you either drat Augustine or Westbrook.

fatboy11
06-17-2008, 04:22 PM
I'll give Dasher another two and a half hours before I pick this pick for him. That would give him a full 24 hours.

Dasher
06-17-2008, 04:26 PM
http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w09/img.141214_t.jpg

#4 Pick the Sonics select Michael Beasley F Kansas State

When a team sucks they take the BPA. Mike Beasley is that player. He, KD, and Jeff Green can form a young exciting corps of swingmen.

Blackeagle
06-17-2008, 04:27 PM
wolves supposedly have a plan in place to trade beasley if he drops to 3. One possibility was Beasley + filler and picks for bogut and #8

he's a fantastic talent, just a very bad fit in minnesota

Mr_Basketball#1
06-17-2008, 04:53 PM
wolves supposedly have a plan in place to trade beasley if he drops to 3. One possibility was Beasley + filler and picks for bogut and #8

he's a fantastic talent, just a very bad fit in minnesota
If Beasley goes to Milwaukee, I think they should trade Mike Redd as well and build around Yi and Beasley.

fatboy11
06-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Good pick, Dash. That's who I would have taken for you.

Beasley at the 4, Durant at the 3, Green off the bench.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Good pick, Dash. That's who I would have taken for you.

Beasley at the 4, Durant at the 3, Green off the bench.
Hell why not start all three and bring Damien Wilkins and Ridnour off of the bench? Durant played well at the 2 last season and he will have to bulk up before moving over to the 3.

fatboy11
06-17-2008, 05:05 PM
I mean, Durant could play the 2. I just think he's better served as a 3. I suppose it might not matter, but having a versatile guy like Green coming off the bench isn't a bad thing. Beasley and Durant would get all the shots anyway so it would be nice to have someone like Jeff to spell them.

TarHeelBorn
06-17-2008, 06:19 PM
This is silly. I understand Minny doesn't have a need for Beasley but they would definitely take him and trade him; I think that deal with the Bucks sounds good even though I'm not personally a fan of Bogut.

However, I love the Mayo to Miami pick. Everything I have read about Mayo has been incredibly positive and Mayo + Wade would be so nasty.

disco
06-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok, I have to go offline now. So I can't make the sixth pick today....unless Memphis select in the next 5 mins.

fatboy11
06-17-2008, 07:51 PM
PM me 2 choices in order, Disco.

Posterize246
06-17-2008, 07:59 PM
http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w09/img.141214_t.jpg

#4 Pick the Sonics select Michael Beasley F Kansas State

When a team sucks they take the BPA. Mike Beasley is that player. He, KD, and Jeff Green can form a young exciting corps of swingmen.
Wow! really went out on a limb there huh? haha the sonics would be the happiest team to get beasley at #4. wonder how beasley would feel about OKC? he's already played in the midwest in college. not sure how he'd feel about it market-wise in the pros

disco
06-17-2008, 08:01 PM
PM me 2 choices in order, Disco.

Done. Fatboy will post my pick if it's my turn before the morning.

Dasher
06-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Wow! really went out on a limb there huh? haha the sonics would be the happiest team to get beasley at #4. wonder how beasley would feel about OKC? he's already played in the midwest in college. not sure how he'd feel about it market-wise in the pros
The pick was basically made for me. Only good teams are allowed to draft for need.

Posterize246
06-17-2008, 08:32 PM
mr. basketball should be back on soon to make his pick. any guesses for his pick?

Mr_Basketball#1
06-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Memphis selects Jerryd Bayless

Dasher
06-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Memphis selects Jerryd Bayless
Head Scratcher. They have about five Bayless types. Conley, Crit, Lowry, and Navarro.

fatboy11
06-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Disco will select Kevin Love for the New York Knicks.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-17-2008, 10:26 PM
This draft is a mess.

Posterize246
06-17-2008, 10:32 PM
This draft is a mess.
drafting lopez ahead of beasley will do that

Dasher
06-17-2008, 10:38 PM
This draft had real potential, but seems to have been derailed.

d_white089
06-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Are you guys picking both rounds? If so does anyone have the Lakers?

TarHeelBorn
06-17-2008, 11:31 PM
This draft is a mess.
Agreed. Lopez over Beasley? Memphis taking a PG? Knicks taking a less athletic PF in a D'Antoni system?

Someone should use a random number generator to place posters with teams (or re-distribute teams somehow) and just start over.

InspiredLebowski
06-18-2008, 01:27 AM
Wait, I've only been checking in once a day or so....Lopez got taken over Beasley?! Who the F made that pick, they should be banned from any future mocks.

Also, if there's a Western Conference guy who's more up on Portland than I am (not much), I'd be cool with swapping. I follow the whole league plenty, but I've seen A LOT more of the EC teams. And specifically paid attention to the Central Division teams since that's where Indy is. If not, that's cool to.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Wait, I've only been checking in once a day or so....Lopez got taken over Beasley?! Who the F made that pick, they should be banned from any future mocks.

Also, if there's a Western Conference guy who's more up on Portland than I am (not much), I'd be cool with swapping. I follow the whole league plenty, but I've seen A LOT more of the EC teams. And specifically paid attention to the Central Division teams since that's where Indy is. If not, that's cool to.
I made the pick. In real life, of course if Minny drafted Beasley he would probably be traded because they really don't need him so I drafted for need. :confusedshrug: I f'd up, I know.

InspiredLebowski
06-18-2008, 01:49 AM
I made the pick. In real life, of course if Minny drafted Beasley he would probably be traded because they really don't need him so I drafted for need. :confusedshrug: I f'd up, I know.

BANNED!

Mr_Basketball#1
06-18-2008, 02:03 AM
BANNED!
:oldlol:

edit: no need to start over...lopez addresses a t'wolve need. i should have taken the bpa, but i didn't.

InspiredLebowski
06-18-2008, 02:11 AM

Yeah I know. Maybe we should start this thing over. I'm guessing Lebowski wants to take part in this as well.

what do you say fatboy11?
I am taking part. Indy, Milwaukee, DC, Portland. You're really on your game today. And ****ty picks don't get you a do-over.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-18-2008, 02:12 AM
I am taking part. Indy, Milwaukee, DC, Portland. You're really on your game today. And ****ty picks don't get you a do-over.

Brook Lopez is going to be a beast in Minny! :pimp: So um, IN YOUR FACE!

disco
06-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Ok, The Knicks' pick. I chose Love. Here's why....

Knicks obviously have various needs, but they also have a great new coach who will definitely change things in New York.

Many people seem to think that Knicks need a lead guard who can run D'Antoi's system, and while I partly agree, I also believe that Marbury, Crawford, Robison and Collins are dedent players and D'Antoni will get more out of them. No one available here would be an upgrade over what they already have. I think Augustin is one of the most overrated players in this draft. If you are the best floor leader of the class, it doesn't necessarily mean that you're a can't miss NBA point guard. Augustin will struggle in the NBA and picking him at sixth would be way too high. I like Westbrook, but I don't believe at all he can play PG - at least not in the next few years - and adding him as a SG doesn't make sense to me because I have high hopes for Crawford and Richardson.

Gordon seems to be a popular pick for the Knicks too, but I think that if they'll go for a SG, they are better off selecting someone taller than 6'3.

The two players I think would fit the Knicks' team best are Rush and Alexander (not Gallinari because D'Antoni likes his swingmen athletic). I was tempted to go for Rush, but #6 is maybe a bit too much. Alexander, on the other hand, has become so hyped that I think he is at least 6 to 7 places too high in most mocks. Yes, he is athletic, yes he seems like a decent chap who will be a good teammate and work hard, but I have concerns about how good he can really be in the NBA. In the last 10 games of the season - when he really made a name for himself - he was dominating. But having looked at some of those games again, I have started to wonder could he do that against more athletic opposition? He doesn't have very good skills, and he doesn't have that quick first step, and heck, can he even dribble the ball with his head up? I think that he dominated in those 10 games mostly because of his athletic superiority. But I am not sure at all if he can take it to the basket, or even create mid range jumpers for himself, when he faces NBA defenders.

In the end I chose Love because I think he's clearly the best player available. I think people are underrating his athletism (he did great in the tests at the camp) and I don't think that aspect will be any kind of an issue at all. Skills-wise, his the best big man in the draft in the the last couple of years, and will be an upgrade over Randolph and Curry. He is a great passer which will create more open looks for guys like Richardson and Crawford (two players who I think will blossom under D'Antoni) and even as a post up players creating for himself, he should be better than the existing front court players. Knicks' frontcourt isn't that deep. Curry, Randolph and Lee are the only ones I think should be rotation players next year and Love will definitely be a good addition this trio.

Also, as some wise men have said here before: If your roster sucks, you can't afford to draft for need. In most context, people say Curry and Randolph are hopeless, but are they all of a sudden so good that it should affect Knicks' selection, and because of that they shouldn't draft Love? I think it would be just stupid to pass on Love.

InspiredLebowski
06-18-2008, 12:09 PM

Brook Lopez is going to be a beast in Minny! :pimp: So um, IN YOUR FACE!

Hey, maybe he will be, who knows.

Posterize246
06-18-2008, 12:13 PM
waitin on monthh now. i'm gonna throw a guess out there and say he goes eric gordon

monthh
06-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Yep, the Clippers will take Eric Gordon. They need major help at gaurd right now, and Gordon has the upside to be a 20 point scorer in the NBA, so he is a great starting point.

Posterize246
06-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Yep, the Clippers will take Eric Gordon. They need major help at gaurd right now, and Gordon has the upside to be a 20 point scorer in the NBA, so he is a great starting point.
i knew it. good pick. not who i would have taken, but still a solid pick.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
I picked Bayless because the Grizz have said one of their main goals was to try to sign Monta Ellis. Bayless is just as good as Monta with college experience. I don't think it was a bad pick actually. I'm sure if the pick was made either crittenton or lowry or maybe both would be traded.

InspiredLebowski
06-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Milwaukee Bucks take Joe Alexander, SF, West Virginia

Posterize246
06-18-2008, 01:26 PM
I picked Bayless because the Grizz have said one of their main goals was to try to sign Monta Ellis. Bayless is just as good as Monta with college experience. I don't think it was a bad pick actually. I'm sure if the pick was made either crittenton or lowry or maybe both would be traded.
Ehh...bayless as good as monta? I think thats a stretch. Even if you got rid of lowry/crittenton you still would have a midget backcourt with bayless,conley,monta,navarro.

disco
06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I must add to my reasoning for picking Love that I was shocked and really disappointed that Bayless was picked by Memphis. He isn't necessarily exactly the type of guard that the Knicks need either, but I think would have been a great fit for D'Antoni's team. But since he was possibly the best player available (along with Love, on my opinion), I can't blame them.

monthh
06-18-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree with everyone who says that this draft won't happen, but I think all of the picks are logical except two. I think that the Heat do want Mayo, but would swap picks with the Wolves to do so, which is what the guy who took Mayo said. I think the Wolves would love to get Beasley, however. I think they could either start Beasley and Jefferson at the 3 and 4, and move Brewer in the Heat deal and look for a center in FA, or trade Telfair in the Heat deal and start Brewer, Beasley, and Jefferson. I understand that the Wolves want some D around Jefferson, but if they could have two guys that could be 20 and 10 players, I think you jump at that chance in a heartbeat.

I also don't like Bayless to Memphis, unless they want to play him at SG, which is possible. In the run-and-gun NBA the league has turned into, Conley with shooters like Miller and Bayless, and athletes like Gay and Bayless, this team will run and shoot all game long. Warrick is a good athlete, Darko can move, and Navarro is a good gaurd off the bench. If they take an athletic big man with their late 1st round, and can trade either Lowry or Crittenton (and keep the other a backup) for a decent center, then this team has a pretty decent team. Not a traditional team, but a team that would give some of the older, slower teams in the West some trouble.

I do scratch my head some at the Love pick, but D'Antoni is going to have to change his style some without Nash running the point anyway, so why not go with someone who has a high basketball IQ and is a great passer? This team will put guys who can run on the court to try to creat fastbreaks, but in the half-court, if you put guards who can shoot, a swingman who can get to the hoop, and a big man to camp out in the middle with Love and the PG feeding them, you could have a dangerous offense. It won't be too hard to find guards who can shoot (Richardson may even regain is form under D'Antoni), and they already have Curry and Randolph they can use in the post. A swingman who can drive won't be hard to find either. The hardest part would be finding a forward that can pass and is smart enough to have the offense run through him. I'm not saying that is the offense D'Antoni is going to run and that he isn't just going to put as many athletes on the floor as he can like he did with the Suns, but it is possible. It also helps that Love is guy that goes hard for rebounds to offset Curry and Randolph.

Posterize246
06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I agree with everyone who says that this draft won't happen, but I think all of the picks are logical except two. I think that the Heat do want Mayo, but would swap picks with the Wolves to do so, which is what the guy who took Mayo said. I think the Wolves would love to get Beasley, however. I think they could either start Beasley and Jefferson at the 3 and 4, and move Brewer in the Heat deal and look for a center in FA, or trade Telfair in the Heat deal and start Brewer, Beasley, and Jefferson. I understand that the Wolves want some D around Jefferson, but if they could have two guys that could be 20 and 10 players, I think you jump at that chance in a heartbeat.

I also don't like Bayless to Memphis, unless they want to play him at SG, which is possible. In the run-and-gun NBA the league has turned into, Conley with shooters like Miller and Bayless, and athletes like Gay and Bayless, this team will run and shoot all game long. Warrick is a good athlete, Darko can move, and Navarro is a good gaurd off the bench. If they take an athletic big man with their late 1st round, and can trade either Lowry or Crittenton (and keep the other a backup) for a decent center, then this team has a pretty decent team. Not a traditional team, but a team that would give some of the older, slower teams in the West some trouble.

I do scratch my head some at the Love pick, but D'Antoni is going to have to change his style some without Nash running the point anyway, so why not go with someone who has a high basketball IQ and is a great passer? This team will put guys who can run on the court to try to creat fastbreaks, but in the half-court, if you put guards who can shoot, a swingman who can get to the hoop, and a big man to camp out in the middle with Love and the PG feeding them, you could have a dangerous offense. It won't be too hard to find guards who can shoot (Richardson may even regain is form under D'Antoni), and they already have Curry and Randolph they can use in the post. A swingman who can drive won't be hard to find either. The hardest part would be finding a forward that can pass and is smart enough to have the offense run through him. I'm not saying that is the offense D'Antoni is going to run and that he isn't just going to put as many athletes on the floor as he can like he did with the Suns, but it is possible. It also helps that Love is guy that goes hard for rebounds to offset Curry and Randolph.
its your pick monthh.charlotte

Mr_Basketball#1
06-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Ehh...bayless as good as monta? I think thats a stretch. Even if you got rid of lowry/crittenton you still would have a midget backcourt with bayless,conley,monta,navarro.
I drafted Bayless so that they wouldn't have to trade for a big contract like Monta's. You know Monta will be getting a large contract this off-season. It would be Conley/Bayless/Gay/Warrick/Milicic. The Warriors have a small back court as well, and a small team overall, but they are making noise in the West. I could see this team doing the same with a couple years of experience and future draft picks and FA signings.

disco
06-18-2008, 04:55 PM
... It also helps that Love is guy that goes hard for rebounds to offset Curry and Randolph.

A great point that I thought about when deciding, but forgot to mention. In order to get their perimeter guys to run, they need to rebound better, and Love will definitely be a good rebounder.

I think that NY's pick will be one of the most interesting ones in the real draft. It's not certain, but I would be quite surprised if the first five players selected weren't Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Bayless and Love. Of the players outside this "top 5", NY has had workouts with Galinari, Westrbrook, Augustin, Gordon, Greene, Koufos and Anthony. Of those, I don't think they will take Augustin, Greene or Koufos, unless they trade down (and in this mock draft's scenario pick Love anyway), which leaves us Galinari, Westbrook, Gordon and Love (who they had working out and who in this mock was still available). I think Galinari will suit a D'Antoni team much worse than Love, I am not that convinced about Westbrook and Gordon isn't ideal fit either. He can score in various ways and could excel in a fast pace system, but he is small! If the other guards in the rotation are Marbury, Crawford, Robinson and Collins, I don't think Gordon can play with many of them together.

Therefore, even though most of you don't like the pick, I think Love actually makes sense. He has the skills, he really is athletic enough, he plays smart (which D'Antoni likes), he can pass from the post and also gives them a post up scoring option, he rebounds and he is ready to contribute immediately.

monthh
06-18-2008, 11:21 PM
My bad, I was thinking there was a team between Milwaukee and Charlotte.

I have the Bobcats picking Anthony Randolph. He isn't exactly what they need, but with this teams injury history, I don't think they can be too picky. Randolph is 3 to 4 picks better than the 9th selection, and I don't think there was anybody else even on the radar besides Arthur who should go 3 to 4 picks lower.

monthh
06-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Great post Disco, but I don't understand the comments about Gallinari. I think he would be a great fit. He is basically Love at the SF position. They even have the same weakness with average, but not great athleticism and limited upside compared to some of other top prospects. The only other knock I would have on Gallinari is that he needs to add some weight, but he is only 20 so that should be a problem. I did think he would be a great fit, but then it was reported that D'Antoni didn't really care for Gallinari's game, which seems to have sent him into a bit of a tailspin. I just wonder if that was a cover so that Memphis wouldn't look at him.

Captain Klank
06-18-2008, 11:34 PM
LOL, Michael Beasley falling to #4 is comical. He will be the #2 overall selection no matter if it is the Heat or a team trading up for him. Brook Lopez won't go top five maybe not even top 10.

fatboy11
06-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Dasher wants Russell Westbrook for the Nets.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Since we don't have the benefits of trades, alot of us are drafting by need.

InspiredLebowski
06-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Don't really understand Westbrook to the Nets, was hoping on him being there at 11.

Anyway, the Indiana Pacers select DJ Augustin, PG, Texas

disco
06-19-2008, 04:18 AM
Ok, the Kings get the player they (I) really want with thir 12th pick, and select..

Darrell Arthur from Kansas

I think this is a perfect match. Kings get exactly what they need: A power forward who can score, defend and run the floor.

Posterize246
06-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Ok, the Kings get the player they (I) really want with thir 12th pick, and select..

Darrell Arthur from Kansas

I think this is a perfect match. Kings get exactly what they need: A power forward who can score, defend and run the floor.
great pick

Dasher
06-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Westbrook is a hot player and can be moved. If there were trades in this draft I am sure someone would have given me their first, and a second rounder or two to get Westbrook. Portland, Denver, and Indy come to mind.

disco
06-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Great post Disco, but I don't understand the comments about Gallinari. I think he would be a great fit. He is basically Love at the SF position. They even have the same weakness with average, but not great athleticism and limited upside compared to some of other top prospects. The only other knock I would have on Gallinari is that he needs to add some weight, but he is only 20 so that should be a problem. I did think he would be a great fit, but then it was reported that D'Antoni didn't really care for Gallinari's game, which seems to have sent him into a bit of a tailspin. I just wonder if that was a cover so that Memphis wouldn't look at him.

I first thought that because he's not very athletic, and a small forward, he wouldn't fit in D'Antoni's team, but I think you're probably right. He would also be a great addition to the team. I had read that D'Antoni doesn't like him, so maybe that made me think he wouldn't fit. But anyway, I would have still picked Love.

InspiredLebowski
06-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I keep hearing this Portland pick is going to get traded in one way or another, so this pick is probably moot. On a team whose only real 1st round need is PG, and there not being one worth taking here....

Portland TrailBlazers select Danilo Gallinari, SF, Italy

Probably the BPA, could be trade bait, but also fills a need as an offensive SF.

Posterize246
06-19-2008, 12:12 PM
I keep hearing this Portland pick is going to get traded in one way or another, so this pick is probably moot. On a team whose only real 1st round need is PG, and there not being one worth taking here....

Portland TrailBlazers select Danilo Gallinari, SF, Italy

Probably the BPA, could be trade bait, but also fills a need as an offensive SF.
If gallinari found his way down to the 13th pick, they would probably keep the pick. Portland won't get their balls busted for picking a guy who could go as high as 5 at pick 13.

Posterize246
06-19-2008, 01:11 PM
fatboy, won't be on after 4:00 ET tonight. my philly (#16) pick will most likely be in there. I'm going to PM you 3 players, just in case my top 2 get takin at 14 and 15.

By the way monthh, sorry i didn't get your Personal Message yesterday. I usually don't notice when I have them and get to them late.

BFRESH44
06-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Beasley at 4. :roll:

Ya'll some funny dudes. Would be some horrible GM's as well.

Dasher
06-19-2008, 03:42 PM

Ya'll some funny dudes. Would be some horrible GM's as well.

Yeah I wanted to start the draft over when Mike fell to the 4 spot. There needs to be trades in this draft.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-19-2008, 03:45 PM
GSW select JaVale McGee

Dasher
06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
GSW select Anthony Randolph
Already off the board. Pick again.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Already off the board. Pick again.
Oh sh!t Randolph went 9...

GSW selects JaVale McGee

fatboy11
06-19-2008, 04:43 PM

Ya'll some funny dudes. Would be some horrible GM's as well.I'm sure you're a regular R.C. Buford, are you?

EDIT: Had to hold back on this character.

fatboy11
06-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Dasher wanted Mareese Speights for Phoenix and Posterize wanted DeAndre Jordan for Philly.

disco
06-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I think all of last three picks where teams took big men make sense (even though I'm not convinced about McGee. Big men from small conferences almost always struggle). I would expect the same trend to continue and see Toronto picking R.Lopez or Hibbert.

Posterize246
06-19-2008, 09:26 PM
Dasher wanted Mareese Speights for Phoenix and Posterize wanted DeAndre Jordan for Philly.
Damn dasher took my pick :mad:

But yeah DeAndre Jordan. Sixers lack size here and I'm really surprised DeAndre Jordan lasted this far. I thought he would have gone before Javale McGee for sure. I'm not sold on Jordan as a top 10 pick, but picking him at 16 is an easy one. DeAndre would be a backup to Samuel Dalembert, who I'm not too fond of, and could replace him in due time. Sixers are a young team that he can grow with (I think they're 4th youngest,should change when kevin ollie leaves). Jordan could be a a part of a young nucleus that includes andre iguodala, louis williams, and thaddeus young. He can also get up the floor with this run-and-gun team. If he turns out to not have the all star potential people see in him,getting a role player at 16 isn't bad at all.

fatboy11
06-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah, Jordan at #16 is low risk, high reward. Kinda like when Josh Smith fell to ATL at #17 years ago.

InspiredLebowski
06-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah, Jordan at #16 is low risk, high reward. Kinda like when Josh Smith fell to ATL at #17 years ago.

And Granger to Indy at 17. Not near the amount of risk with him though, just a lot of bad choices.

monthh
06-19-2008, 11:30 PM
This is a tough pick for the Raptors becuase they have a few holes that are all of equal importance. I like Hibbert scoring for them down low, but they already have Bosh to do that, and they need rebounding and toughness as well. Hibbert doesn't provide what they need.

Donte Greene fills a hole at SF and brings a ton of potential, but this teams window is open now, and they want to grab someone that will help now. I think Nicolas Batum is in the same boat as Greene.

Brandon Rush is another guy that could fill a hole and make a nice three man rotation with Parker and Moon, but this team already has Kapono and is really a better shooting Parker. I just think that while he can help them out, he isn't a must have player.

Robin Lopez brings them toughness inside, and will be able to help out right away, and that is why I pick Lopez for the Raptors.

fatboy11
06-19-2008, 11:34 PM
InspiredLebowski wanted Kosta Koufos for the Wizards.

Cleveland and Posterize are up now at # 19.

InspiredLebowski
06-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Other than Beasley going 4, I think this draft's gone rather well. A few picks I don't like, guys going too high/not fitting, etc etc, but I like it.

Posterize246
06-20-2008, 06:55 AM
cavs select brandon rush

clevelands greatest weakness is its 2 guard position. wally z just doesn't cut,and neither do any of their other scrubs like devin brown. rush is a player that's ready to play right now. he doesn't have the highest ceiling, but he hasnt reached his yet either. rush would have a chance to start right away for a playoff team yet would only have to be the 3rd or 4th option on the offense. also gives lebron another good wing defender who can defend the other teams best wings. you would see rush guarding paul pierce, iguodala, joe johnson,and the other good wings in the east

Posterize246
06-20-2008, 07:02 AM
cavs select brandon rush

clevelands greatest weakness is its 2 guard position. wally z just doesn't cut,and neither do any of their other scrubs like devin brown. rush is a player that's ready to play right now. he doesn't have the highest ceiling, but he hasnt reached his yet either. rush would have a chance to start right away for a playoff team yet would only have to be the 3rd or 4th option on the offense. also gives lebron another good wing defender who can defend the other teams best wings. you would see rush guarding paul pierce, iguodala, joe johnson,and the other good wings in the east

Posterize246
06-20-2008, 07:03 AM
sorry I'm postin 2 times.I'm doin it on my sidekick and its wierd

disco
06-20-2008, 09:15 AM
I really like this pick, and I believe that in the real draft GM's are smart enough to pick Rush surprisingly early. Cavs could definitely use a big man too, and Hibbert would be a perfect successor to Ilgauskas, but Rush is a versatile player who will definitely help them and can contribute right away.

monthh
06-20-2008, 10:37 AM
With the 20th pick, the Nuggets select Alexis Anjinca. He gives them a player that looks similar to Camby, but is much younger and they may be able to mold into more of an offense threat.

Dasher
06-20-2008, 10:42 AM
At 21 the Nets select Jason Thomson PF Rider.

Posterize246
06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
what was the 21st pick? I'll make utah's 23 pick when I see the 21

Dasher
06-20-2008, 12:04 PM
what was the 21st pick? I'll make utah's 23 pick when I see the 21

My bad Nets picked J.Thompson at 21

fatboy11
06-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Orlando Magic select Mario Chalmers

They need some size and a 2 guard. I see no permanent solutions at the 2 at this point. I also think they really need someone who can ignite their bench. I think Chamlers is the guy. They can address their other needs through free agency.

Posterize246
06-20-2008, 01:07 PM
jazz select roy hibbert at 23

Not a shock here. Jazz can't have jarron collins as their backup. Jerry Sloan is the best coach for him and the Jazz halfcourt sets are the best fit for Roy. Okur is also a perimiter big man so Hibbert gives them an alternate look. If you're gonna draft a center, why not one from georgetown?

Dasher
06-20-2008, 01:22 PM
The Seattle/OKC Sonics/Bandits select Robin Lopez.

fatboy11
06-20-2008, 01:28 PM
The Seattle/OKC Sonics/Bandits select Robin Lopez.Already drafted by Toronto.

Dasher
06-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Already drafted by Toronto. Let me get the egg off my face, and choose Goran Dragic PG Slovenia.

fatboy11
06-20-2008, 01:45 PM
The Houston Rockets select Donte Green

Dasher
06-20-2008, 01:46 PM
The Spus select CDR.

Posterize246
06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Let me get the egg off my face, and choose Goran Dragic PG Slovenia.
woahhh where'd that pick come from?lol surprised me

InspiredLebowski
06-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Rush is a lotto-type talent, I almost took him for DC, but I think Jamison is going to need replaced, so I went Koufos.

Posterize246
06-20-2008, 02:53 PM
im pretty satisfied with my picks so far. feel like i got talent pretty deep in the draft

rose at #1
jordan at #16
rush at #19
hibbert at #23

monthh
06-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry to hold things up again.

With NO pick, there are a ton of young projects left like Batum, Ibaka, Hickson, and Walker. However, I think two of their bigger needs are rebounding and blocking shots. Normally I would take the project because it is hard to fill such a specific need this late, but with that said, NO selects DeVon Hardin. He is pretty similar to Chandler, which isn't a bad thing. They drafted Julian Wright at forward last year and West is an inside/outside player, leaving Chandler, Armstrong, and Ely to man the middle. I think Hardin can step in right away and become there #3 rebounder (it isn't saying much when Peja is 3rd on your team) and among their top 2 or 3 shot blockers.

disco
06-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm out the rest of the day, so if it's my turn to pick for Pistons, could fatboy or dasher announce my pick? I'll pm you both 2 choices. There's only Memphis picking ahead of me. Hope that's ok. Thanks!

Mr_Basketball#1
06-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Memphis selects Nathan Jawai. Solid shot blocker and quick feet capable of playing the running game that iavorini likes.

fatboy11
06-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Per Disco, Detroit selects Bill Walker.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-21-2008, 11:31 AM
The Celtics select JJ Hickson...with the possibility of PJ Brown retiring the celtics will need another big to bring in off the bench.

With the first pick in the Second Round The T'wolves select Courtney Lee

Dasher
06-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Sonics select Serge Ibaka

fatboy11
06-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Dasher is picking us apart right now for Seattle. At least I think so.

He capitalizes on Beasley falling to #4 and picks up great prospects at center and point guard. Could a gamble on Dragic at #24 and was still able to pick up Ibaka in the 2nd (a pick of a lot of people would have made for Seattle at #24).

Great draft, man.

InspiredLebowski
06-21-2008, 03:11 PM
With the #33 overall and 3rd pick of the 2nd round, Portland selects G JaMont Gordon, Mississippi State

Mr_Basketball#1
06-21-2008, 05:17 PM
T'Wolves select Joey Dorsey

Dasher
06-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Dasher is picking us apart right now for Seattle. At least I think so.

He capitalizes on Beasley falling to #4 and picks up great prospects at center and point guard. Could a gamble on Dragic at #24 and was still able to pick up Ibaka in the 2nd (a pick of a lot of people would have made for Seattle at #24).

Great draft, man.
Thanks for the kudos, I believe in following my draft board.

disco
06-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the kudos, I believe in following my draft board.

Yes, well done Dasher!!! One potentially good alternative approach could have been taking a college senior guard like Gordon (edit: not "Gorson"), Nelson, Weaver or Weems who can definitely give 15 mins a game right away, and take only one of Ibaka or Dragic. You probably did right choices, but because Seattle roster isn't that deep - and it's quite unlikely both Dragic and Ibaka can contribute right away - I think you could have also done well picking one of the players I mentioned.

Dasher
06-21-2008, 08:57 PM
The Sonics have 3 more second round picks. I still have the chance to add those type of players.

monthh
06-21-2008, 09:24 PM
The next pick is easy. Despite drafting Eric Gordon to be their future go-to scorer, the Clippers still need some help on the wing, and the best prospect by far on the board is Nicolas Batum. I can't believe he fell this far, but I think if he did the Clippers would jump all over him. They are in a full rebuilding mode and Batum has as much potential as anyone outside of the top 5 or so. Thorton, Gordon, and Batum is a nice trio to build around.

Posterize246
06-21-2008, 09:26 PM
The next pick is easy. Despite drafting Eric Gordon to be their future go-to scorer, the Clippers still need some help on the wing, and the best prospect by far on the board is Nicolas Batum. I can't believe he fell this far, but I think if he did the Clippers would jump all over him. They are in a full rebuilding mode and Batum has as much potential as anyone outside of the top 5 or so. Thorton, Gordon, and Batum is a nice trio to build around.
damnit! i was hoping that was still going to go unnoticed until my bulls pick at 39. thought everyone was just assuming he had already been picked.:mad:

InspiredLebowski
06-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Didn't even realize Batum was still on the board, would have taken him for Portland.

Anyway, with the 36th overall pick Portland selects F/C Ante Tomic, Croatia
With the 37th pick, the Bucks select G Gary Forbes, UMass

EDIT: changed my #36 pick

Dasher
06-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Beasley and Batum are the steals of the draft so far. I thought about taking him, but I actually have someone rated higher than him at SG that is still on the board, and the Sonics won't have to wait a year for him to come over.

fatboy11
06-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I knew monthh wouldn't pass up Batum. I almost thought about just putting on the board without his response. :oldlol:

monthh
06-22-2008, 12:30 AM
I had a hard time passing him up at 17, 20, and 27, but I would have passed him up for the Clippers if I didn't think he was a good fit. Gordon is only like 6-3 and I'm not a huge Thorton fan and think he may be about as good as he is going to get. Thorton should either make a nice backup or be used in a trade, or they even could start all three in a fast paced offense that isn't worried about size. I just think that at 6-8 Batum gives them some options to play around with in the starting lineup if he is as good as he could be.

Posterize246
06-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I had a hard time passing him up at 17, 20, and 27, but I would have passed him up for the Clippers if I didn't think he was a good fit. Gordon is only like 6-3 and I'm not a huge Thorton fan and think he may be about as good as he is going to get. Thorton should either make a nice backup or be used in a trade, or they even could start all three in a fast paced offense that isn't worried about size. I just think that at 6-8 Batum gives them some options to play around with in the starting lineup if he is as good as he could be.
monthh its your turn to choose for charlotte. don't take my guy please:)

monthh
06-23-2008, 12:52 AM
For Charlotte I will take DJ White. I know with Randolph as the 1st round pick and Okafor already in place at PF, this seems like a wasted pick, but I think Okafor is better at center than anyone left in the draft and Randolph will take some time to develop. White will be able to help them out right away.

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 06:47 AM
For Charlotte I will take DJ White. I know with Randolph as the 1st round pick and Okafor already in place at PF, this seems like a wasted pick, but I think Okafor is better at center than anyone left in the draft and Randolph will take some time to develop. White will be able to help them out right away.
monthh you're killin me!first speights is takin at 15 b4 my 16 and now dj white a pick ahead of where I wanted him.damn.

bulls select sonny weems at #39. bulls now have the makings of the most athletic backcourt of the future in rose/weems and gives them more height at the position over ben gordon. I also don't think larry hughes will be in chi-town for forever. weems is my pick

fatboy11
06-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Dasher selects Nikola Peckovic for the Nets.

disco
06-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Dasher selects Nikola Peckovic for the Nets.

Damn, I was hoping he would slip to Sacramento.

InspiredLebowski
06-23-2008, 08:18 AM
With the 41st overall pick, the Indiana Pacers select Richard Hendrix, F Alabama

disco
06-23-2008, 08:24 AM
With the 41st overall pick, the Indiana Pacers select Richard Hendrix, F Alabama

Noooooo!!!! My 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice: White, Pekovic and Hendrix all went with the last 4 picks.

Dasher
06-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Noooooo!!!! My 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice: White, Pekovic and Hendrix all went with the last 4 picks.
Can't help but laugh. :roll:

disco
06-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Ok. In a way Kings could use one their second round picks (42 and 43) to draft a young European and let him develop abroad, but I don't really like anyone who's left on board (Asik, Ponkrashov, Erden...) and instead take two players who should provide some help immediately:

With the 42nd pick, Kings select: Mike Taylor from Idaho (D-League) Taylor could have been a lottery pick had he not messed up his college career. At the camp he showed he's way ahead of most of the guard prospects in terms of athletism and scoring abilility and he displayed pretty good pg skills too. He could be Louis Williams pt2, but with better court vision. Yes, this is a risky pick, but Kings need help at pg position, and of the people left on the board - and heck, from everyone not named Rose, Bayless, Westbrook and Augustin - he has the best talent.

With the 43rd pick, Kings select: Ryan Anderson from California This is a steal. Sacramento's first round pick was Arthur, so they already addressed their PF need, but I think this is still the areas where they could use extra help. I would have liked Pekovic, Hendrix or White better, because of the the type of players they are, but talent-wise, Anderson might actually be better than any of them. He is not a freak athlete, but he is pretty versatile and is still quite young.

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok. In a way Kings could use one their second round picks (42 and 43) to draft a young European and let him develop abroad, but I don't really like anyone who's left on board (Asik, Ponkrashov, Erden...) and instead take two players who should provide some help immediately:

With the 42nd pick, Kings select: Mike Taylor from Idaho (D-League) Taylor could have been a lottery pick had he not messed up his college career. At the camp he showed he's way ahead of most of the guard prospects in terms of athletism and scoring abilility and he displayed pretty good pg skills too. He could be Louis Williams pt2, but with better court vision. Yes, this is a risky pick, but Kings need help at pg position, and of the people left on the board - and heck, from everyone not named Rose, Bayless, Westbrook and Augustin - he has the best talent.

With the 43rd pick, Kings select: Ryan Anderson from California This is a steal. Sacramento's first round pick was Arthur, so they already addressed their PF need, but I think this is still the areas where they could use extra help. I would have liked Pekovic, Hendrix or White better, because of the the type of players they are, but talent-wise, Anderson might actually be better than any of them. He is not a freak athlete, but he is pretty versatile and is still quite young.
Those are nice back to back picks.

With the 44th pick the Jazz select George Hill, IUPUI. The Jazz have really struggled to find a solid backup for Deron Williams. Jason Hart is a free agent this summer. Ronnie Price showed flashes in the playoffs but only averaged 9.6mpg last season and 5.6mpg during the playoffs. It's clear that Jerry Sloan does not trust him to run his team when DWill comes out of the game. George Hill has good size (6'2" 180) and averaged 21.5 ppg, 4.3 apg, 6.8 rpg, and 1.8 spg as a junior while shooting 54.5% from the field and 45% from three point range.

Dasher
06-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Spurs:Anton Ponkrashov

The OKC Banditos: Sonny Weems

disco
06-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Spurs:Anton Ponkrashov

The OKC Banditos: Sonny Weems

Hasn't Weems been selected already?

Dasher
06-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Hasn't Weems been selected already?
Did it again. The Sonics select Steven Hill C Arkansas. He gives them some shotblocking, and can be a good stop-gap player until Saer Sene develops.

InspiredLebowski
06-23-2008, 02:11 PM
With the 47th pick the Washington Wizards select Kyle Weaver, G Washington State

I think this is an absolute steal.

fatboy11
06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Whoa! Dasher showing Arkansas some love.

fatboy11
06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
InspiredLebowski is having a good draft for Washington right now.

Dasher
06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Whoa! Dasher showing Arkansas some love.
Grew up in SEC country, and the Hogs have players. His shotblocking ability will translate to the NBA right away. The Sonics need someone to alter shots after KD gets beat on the wing if he remains at the 2.

InspiredLebowski
06-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I can't wait to make my last Portland pick. They may package some of their picks, but if they kept all of them he makes for a great prospect.

Dasher
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
The Suns grab hustle man James Mays.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-23-2008, 03:24 PM
The Warriors select Shan Foster

possibly the best shooter in the draft

Dasher
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Sonics:Bryce Taylor, the best shooter in the draft.

Dallas: Trent Plaisted

fatboy11
06-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Miami selects Davon Jefferson.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Sonics:Bryce Taylor, the best shooter in the draft.

Dallas: Trent Plaisted
:oldlol: Shan Foster>>>>>>Taylor

disco
06-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Foster is a better at shooting but Taylor is a better "shooter" if you consider "shooter" as a position and in this context "better" means becoming a better NBA player.

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 03:46 PM
with the 53rd pick the Jazz select...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rD58bsFoSGo&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2UdmxZI24lc&feature=related

JR GIDDENS

I don't think anyone is sure how good Morris Almond will be as he only played in 9 games for the jazz last year. CJ Miles is a free agent this summer. Who is going to back up Ronnie Brewer? Giddens adds some much needed athleticism.

fatboy11
06-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Nice.

The Rockets select Omer Asik. My boy ClutchCityReturns sent me an input list and Asik was on his list for our 1st rounder so I think it's safe to say he'd make this pick.

So the Rockets won't get an immediate impact from this year's draft, but draft with an eye on the future.

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Nice.

The Rockets select Omer Asik. My boy ClutchCityReturns sent me an input list and Asik was on his list for our 1st rounder so I think it's safe to say he'd make this pick.

So the Rockets won't get an immediate impact from this year's draft, but draft with an eye on the future.

he's set to sign a five-year deal in Turkey with no NBA buyout, meaning it may be difficult-to-impossible to ever get him to the U.S.
that was in Chad Ford's new mock draft about omer asik. just wanted to make you aware

disco
06-23-2008, 04:08 PM
that was in Chad Ford's new mock draft about omer asik. just wanted to make you aware

Yes, Asik, Pekovic et al are risky picks because of their contact situations, but I think in most cases that has already been taken into account in mocks. I mean Pekovic is top 20 material and Asik isn't far behind Jordan. But because they are really good talents it may still be worthwhile picking them. If they want to come to NBA, at least you're the team who'll get them. Portland waited Arvydas Sabonis for almost ten years, but it wasn't really that bad a pick afterall for the franchise.

fatboy11
06-23-2008, 04:12 PM
that was in Chad Ford's new mock draft about omer asik. just wanted to make you awareOwned.

No, I didn't know that.:oldlol:

It's okay, though, since we're talking late 2nd round. He needs seasoning anyway.

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Owned.

No, I didn't know that.:oldlol:

It's okay, though, since we're talking late 2nd round. He needs seasoning anyway.
Yeah I just saw it today. But if it's a 2nd rounder its not that big a deal.

InspiredLebowski
06-23-2008, 08:38 PM
With the 55th pick, the Portland Trail Blazers select G Alexey Shved, Russia

Most probably haven't heard of him, but he's a 6'6 PG who's 19 years old. Looking like the next Ricky Rubio. Likely to stay in Europe for a few years, but with the amount of young talent Portland already has, and their lack of roster spots, that's all well and good.

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 10:08 PM
With the 55th pick, the Portland Trail Blazers select G Alexey Shved, Russia

Most probably haven't heard of him, but he's a 6'6 PG who's 19 years old. Looking like the next Ricky Rubio. Likely to stay in Europe for a few years, but with the amount of young talent Portland already has, and their lack of roster spots, that's all well and good.
how'd you find him? i haven't seen him anywhere

fatboy11
06-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Posterize, go ahead and just delete that mock I sent you for the draft game. I just completely flipped that mother****er. I'll just wait until right before the draft to submit mine.

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 10:13 PM
Posterize, go ahead and just delete that mock I sent you for the draft game. I just completely flipped that mother****er. I'll just wait until right before the draft to submit mine.
haha alright. I'm giving everyone until 7:30pm (ET) that night

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 10:16 PM
you want me to delete both you sent me?

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 10:18 PM
nvm the other wasnt a mock.alright i deleted

InspiredLebowski
06-23-2008, 10:26 PM
how'd you find him? i haven't seen him anywhere

Saw some talk about him a month ago or so on a Pacers blog I read, I respect this guy's opinion a good deal and he thought he was pretty good. So I did some research, and the kid looks to have some real talent. He dominated the Reebok Eurocamp a few weeks ago and seems like a very coachable player. DraftExpress mentions during one of the Eurocamp sessions he pulled down 13 boards and it was noticeable that he would see a board and react to it, not just instictively gravitate towards the hoop like a natural rebounder. There aren't too many teams I'd use a pick on him for, not this early in his career, but given Portland's situation it's a good fit.

Posterize246
06-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Saw some talk about him a month ago or so on a Pacers blog I read, I respect this guy's opinion a good deal and he thought he was pretty good. So I did some research, and the kid looks to have some real talent. He dominated the Reebok Eurocamp a few weeks ago and seems like a very coachable player. DraftExpress mentions during one of the Eurocamp sessions he pulled down 13 boards and it was noticeable that he would see a board and react to it, not just instictively gravitate towards the hoop like a natural rebounder. There aren't too many teams I'd use a pick on him for, not this early in his career, but given Portland's situation it's a good fit.
I youtubed him but all i found was this vid of him brickin some 3s
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KerlT7BQNYs
haha not sayin he's not good though. i saw on draftexpress where he was the best guard at the eurocamp

ClutchCityReturns
06-24-2008, 02:34 AM
fatboy,

Since Asik's status changed since you received my list of preferred players, would it be acceptable to replace him?

I'm thinking James Gist. He's a bit redundant with Landry on the roster, but that's sort of why I like him. He has potential to be a similar player to Landry and is good insurance in that way (if Landry's knees prove to be a lasting problem). He's also 3 years younger and a much longer, more active defender.

fatboy11
06-24-2008, 08:06 AM
fatboy,

Since Asik's status changed since you received my list of preferred players, would it be acceptable to replace him?

I'm thinking James Gist. He's a bit redundant with Landry on the roster, but that's sort of why I like him. He has potential to be a similar player to Landry and is good insurance in that way (if Landry's knees prove to be a lasting problem). He's also 3 years younger and a much longer, more active defender.Already made the pick. We'll just have wait 5 years of him. :oldlol: I'm sure we'll still both be fans.

But I wish I would have known that. 3 years ago I would have. It's crazy how much my knowledge of the NBA/draft world has fallen off.

Dasher
06-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Sonics select: Joe Crawford

Spurs select:Josh Duncan

disco
06-24-2008, 08:49 AM
With the 58th pick Lakers select another athletic 3 (in addition tio Ariza) to give them an alternative in their weakest position, and choose: Patrick Ewing from Georgetown

Ewing is an unbelievable athlete with pretty good basketball IQ. He developed troughout his last college season and in the end was one of Georgetown's best players. He has a good looking shot and pretty good range, he just hasn't been given much responsibility in Indiana or Gerorgetown - until the last few months of the season. His stats aren't great, but he showed at the draft camp that he is for real. Ewing is already someone you can throw in the game for 10 minutes any given night. He plays hard and has a NBA body, but looking him play you can't help thinking how much better he can actually still get.

With the 59th pick Detroit Pistons select Victor Claver from Spain, one of the best talents in Europe, who I was really surprised to see drop this far.

Posterize246
06-24-2008, 09:15 AM
I really like the crawford,duncan,and ewing picks

ClutchCityReturns
06-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Already made the pick. We'll just have wait 5 years of him. :oldlol: I'm sure we'll still both be fans.

But I wish I would have known that. 3 years ago I would have. It's crazy how much my knowledge of the NBA/draft world has fallen off.

After the Rudy Gay / Shane Battier "situation" went down, I vowed not to get so involved in the draft. Of course, that didn't hold true and now here I am searching for every nugget of info I can find. And in the end, something completely unexpected will happen and we'll probably end up with some dude I've never even heard of. Oh well.

So...it sucks that Omer Asscrack decided he'd rather play in the women's division or whatever. What a poon. Anyway, somebody should take James Gist here at the end of the mock. He is definitely capable of being an energy guy off the bench.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Celtics select Sean Singletary

fatboy11
06-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Good work, guys. We got it knocked out in a week, basically.

Dasher
06-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Grades?

InspiredLebowski
06-24-2008, 01:54 PM
My picks:
Milwaukee - Joe Alexander, Gary Forbes
Indiana - DJ Augustin, Richard Hendrix
Portland - Danilo Gallinari, Jamont Gordon, Ante Tomic, Alexey Shved
Washington - Kosta Koufos, Kyle Weaver

Posterize246
06-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Bulls- Derrick Rose, Sonny Weems
Sixers- DeAndre Jordan
Cavs- Brandon Rush
Jazz- Roy Hibbert, George Hill, JR Giddens

fatboy11
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Miami: O.J. Mayo and Davon Jefferson
Orlando: Mario Chalmers
Houston: Donte Green and Omer Asik

Dasher
06-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Dallas:Trent Plaisted
Seattle:Michael Beasley, Goran Dragic, Serge Ibaka, Steven Hill, Joe Crawford, Bryce Taylor
New Jersey: Russell Westbrook, Jason Thompson, Nickola Peckovic
Phoenix:Mareese Speights, James Mays
San Antonio: CDR, Anton Ponkrashov, Josh Duncan

Mr_Basketball#1
06-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Minnesota: Brook Lopez, Courtney Lee, Joey Dorsey
Memphis: Jerryd Bayless, Nathan Jawai
GoldenState: Javale McGee, Shan Foster
Boston: JJ Hickson, Sean Singletary

Posterize246
06-24-2008, 08:50 PM
I think Portland,Washington, Utah, and New Jersey had the best drafts in no specific order.

disco
06-25-2008, 04:42 AM
My picks were:

NY (6): Love
SAC (12, 42, 43): Arthur, M.Taylor, R.Anderson
DET (29, 59): Walker, Claver
LAL (58): Ewing

InspiredLebowski
06-25-2008, 02:02 PM
I think Portland,Washington, Utah, and New Jersey had the best drafts in no specific order.

:cheers:

Posterize246
06-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Bulls- Derrick Rose, Sonny Weems
Sixers- DeAndre Jordan
Cavs- Brandon Rush
Jazz- Roy Hibbert, George Hill, JR Giddens

I think away from DeAndre Jordan I did really good with my picks.

I picked the exact same thing the Bulls picked (Rose #1, Weems #39). I took George Hill at 44 and he ended up going 26. I picked Brandon Rush at 19 when he ended up 13. Roy Hibbert at 23 when he when he went 17. And JR Giddens at 53 when he ended up going 30. Sounds to me like I got some steals