08-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Tom Cruise

Vince Vaughn is cool:rockon:

AppleNader
08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
dolph lundgren:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Voratian
08-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Orlando Bloom was pretty awful in Troy, I'll vote him.

indenial
08-24-2006, 03:18 PM
The guy in the lord of the rings and Hildalgo he sucks
and Hugh Jackman
and Jar Jar Binks

IamtheWalrus
08-24-2006, 03:19 PM
hayden christiansen does suck

so does ryan phillipeee

MaverickFan4Life
08-24-2006, 03:23 PM
and Hugh Jackman
and Jar Jar Binks
viggo mortensen, something like that

indenial
08-24-2006, 03:23 PM
and Hugh Jackman
and Jar Jar Binks

I think his name is Viggo Mortenson or something he's a loser!

schyza
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Nick Cage or should I say Nicholas Ford Copula since that is his real name. I hate this guy for 1 he changes his name so no one will know that not only his foot but half his dam body was already in the door of the entertainment industry which he needed since he can

Voratian
08-24-2006, 03:31 PM
He was playing a character from the South, so I'm guessing that's what he was going for.

Batchoy
08-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Tom Cruise
Seconded. Especially how he tries to show people he is in love with Kate Holmes. Talk about overacting...:rollingeyes:

indenial
08-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Seconded. Especially how he tries to show people he is in love with Kate Holmes. Talk about overacting...:rollingeyes:

Nicole Kidman is way hotter anyhow...what a chump

MaverickFan4Life
08-24-2006, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=schyza]Nick Cage or should I say Nicholas Ford Copula since that is his real name. I hate this guy for 1 he changes his name so no one will know that not only his foot but half his dam body was already in the door of the entertainment industry which he needed since he can

B-Low
08-24-2006, 03:39 PM
I've always hated Ben Afflek's acting. He just seems so cheesy to me

Juvenile
08-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Viggo Mortensen was great in "A History of Violence" though. I don't think he'S a bad actor. Ben Affleck was great in "Dogma", but other than that, he isn't really great, agreed. Tom Cruise is a pretty good actor, and anyone will confirm it that has seen "Rain Man"

my vote goes to

[x] Collin Farrel

absolutely awful, I've just seen Phone Booth and Miami Vice though.

Jailblazers7
08-24-2006, 03:48 PM
has to be brad pitt. anyone else agree?

underrated = christian bale

i dont think brad pitt is a bad actor and i agree with christian bale but his batman voice was pretty annoying

SRZ66
08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
paul walker
/thread

SRZ66
08-24-2006, 03:51 PM
i dont think brad pitt is a bad actor and i agree with christian bale but his batman voice was pretty annoying
yea i like christian bale a lot, but his batman voice was jus ridiculous...

Y2Gezee
08-24-2006, 04:00 PM
terrence howard.

Jailblazers7
08-24-2006, 04:04 PM
i think howard is decent but he seems to be in like half of the movies these days

cyco127
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
paul walker
/thread

I Second that.

SCdac
08-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Brad Pitt is a very versatile actor, I dont think he's the "worst" at all.

It's hard to figure who the "worst" is so I'll just to overrated/underrated.

Overrated:
Angelina Jolie
Tara Reid
Michelle Rodriguez (immensely overrated)
Nick Cannon
Quentin Tarantino (his acting at least)
Vin Diesel
Liv Tyler

Underrated:
Fred Willard (was in How High and many other good movies)
Eugene Levy
Christopher Guest
John Turturro
Mike Epps (hilarious. suprised he doesnt get more/better roles)
Marisa Tomei
Ethan Hawke (known to do more than just A-film-blockbusters)

Juvenile
08-24-2006, 04:10 PM

isn't he a very gifted author also? Anyways, he was great in Gattaca, one of my favourite movies

Jailblazers7
08-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Brad Pitt is a very versatile actor, I dont think he's the "worst" at all.

It's hard to figure who the "worst" is so I'll just to overrated/underrated.

Overrated:
Angelina Jolie
Tara Reid
Michelle Rodriguez (immensely overrated)
Nick Cannon
Quentin Tarantino (his acting at least)
Vin Diesel
Liv Tyler

Underrated:
Fred Willard (was in How High and many other good movies)
Eugene Levy
Christopher Guest
John Turturro
Mike Epps (hilarious. suprised he doesnt get more/better roles)
Marisa Tomei

cosign i think ethan hawke is a good actor i saw some movie about the future and dna with him in it and wasnt he in training day

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 04:13 PM
The absolute winner here is the guy who stars in the new USA show "Psych." His acting is so bad that he singlehandedly ruined a good idea. Anybody whose seen that show knows what I'm talking about. He's unbearable.

Justin Mentell. You probably haven't heard of him, but he made a few showings on Boston Legal and is easily the worst actor ever, he is so bad actually that he completely ruined every episode he was in, singlehandedly.

Another bad actor is Owen Wilson. I really like his personality but he's not an actor at all. Every single role he plays he is just Owen Wilson in a new setting with a new costume and a new script to read from.

The worst actress ever is that girl who starred in The Birds. Can't even remember her name. I heard she only got the part cause of what she did to Hitch's... well... second syllable. Man she was awful.

Tom Cruise
look think whatever you want about his actions off the set if you think Tom Cruise isn't a good actor you're retarded. have you seen Collateral? clearly no. how many bad movies can you think of that he was in?

nope. he's a good actor IMO. just because he has an underwear model body doesn't automatically mean he can't act. it applies for every other female heartthrob other than Johnny Depp, though.

Ben Affleck
Definitely in the running.

Nick Cage or should I say Nicholas Ford Copula since that is his real name. I hate this guy for 1 he changes his name so no one will know that not only his foot but half his dam body was already in the door of the entertainment industry which he needed since he can’t act for $hit.
How? He perfectly blends into character everytime. And Matchstick Men is one of the better performances I've seen. You can't be serious. He doesn't have the most range out there but what he does he does exceptionally well. Maybe he wouldn't be the superstar he is without help but he can certainly act.

MaverickFan4Life
isn't he a very gifted author also? Anyways, he was great in Gattaca, one of my favourite movies

training day he was also good

Jailblazers7

yeah gattaca thats what i was talkin about it was a great movie

Jailblazers7
08-24-2006, 04:16 PM
tom cruise is pretty good he was good in rain man and collateral

brad pitt is also very good he was great in troy

schyza
08-24-2006, 04:17 PM
uhm, lots and lots of people in hollywood dont use their real names moron.

No $hit I lived there for like 30 years!!! But most change there names because the actors gild doesn

SCdac
08-24-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm on the fence with Nicolas Cage. On one hand, I thought he was great in Raising Arizona, Bringing Out the Dead, Wild at Heart, Honeymoon in Vegas, and a few more. But on the other hand, I though he sucked in Face Off, Gone in Sixty Seconds, and Con Air. Adaptation was just ok. Havent seen some of his newer work... He shows spurts of quality, provoking, acting, but other stuff is just as bland as bland can be.

Joey Zaza
08-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Pretty much every "big" actor is a bad actor. They were good once. Johnny Depp used to be the most consistently interesting and diverse actors. Same with Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino...

...but once they become "big" their characters become charicatures. They just play their persona in every movie. so it becomes...what happens if we put Denzel in a outer space, instead of, lets put this character in outer space and find an actor to play this character.

Its easiero n the audience - we know what to expect, when Clooney comes on screen, we are seeing Doug Ross/Danny Ocean, what adventures will this guy get into as a marine biologist? Its easier on the actor, "Mr. Pitt just be handsome in this part, ok" and its really easy on the movie maker "We'll have Walken play the crazy guy"...its just not good acting.

NOW - I know that every once in a while they play About Schmidt, Training Day, and Syriana...but usually, they just play the same character over and over again.

http://www.nautilus.tv/0210it/spettacolo/cinema/Robin%20Williams%20con%20Al%20Pacino%20in%20Insomn ia%2001.jpg

"I! AM! GOING! TO! ACCENT! EV-E-RY! SYLLABLE! AND! YOU! CAN-NOT! STOP! ME! HOO-HA"

"Hey!aslongasIcantalktoomuchandtoofast - until I get sensitive and dramatic"

MaverickFan4Life
08-24-2006, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=schyza]No $hit I lived there for like 30 years!!! But most change there names because the actors gild doesn

ErhnamDjinn
08-24-2006, 04:28 PM
lousy actors id have to say

vin diesel
chad michael murray
that lead guy in the OC
pauly shore
:wtf:

oh yeah I third the motion on paul walker add dumbass ja rule also for ever making movies

SRZ66
08-24-2006, 04:32 PM
lousy actors id have to say

vin diesel
chad michael murray
that lead guy in the OC
pauly shore
:wtf:

oh yeah I third the motion on paul walker add dumbass ja rule also for ever making movies
lol pauly shore, is he still alive?

schyza
08-24-2006, 04:33 PM
wow good job,who gives a phuck what you are, do you think i or anyone gives a shyt? I can make anything up as well, dumbass.

You are comedy all your name calling I feel like I

SCdac
08-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Pretty much every "big" actor is a bad actor. They were good once. Johnny Depp used to be the most consistently interesting and diverse actors. Same with Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino...

...but once they become "big" their characters become charicatures. They just play their persona in every movie. so it becomes...what happens if we put Denzel in a outer space, instead of, lets put this character in outer space and find an actor to play this character.

I can see that. I think the biggest examples of this are Vince Vaughn and Will Smith. Pretty much the same thing in every movie.

For others, I don't think it's so much that the actors act the same role over and over. More so, the actors/actresses sell themselves out to horrible horrible movies/scripts. De Niro, Walken, Nicholson, (etc) they've all, in the last 5 or 10 years been a part of some very bad movies (Hide and Seek, The Rundown, Wolf, etc)

joewait
08-24-2006, 04:35 PM
brad pitt is a good actor. tom hanks is pretty awful.

SCdac
08-24-2006, 04:37 PM

Care to explain why?

schyza
08-24-2006, 04:38 PM
OH snaps I almost for got Keanu Reeves sucks major a$$

joewait
08-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Care to explain why?

because he's so mainstream he sucks. all his roles are the same boring ass characters who all the mainstream idiots love. it's like the same sorts of people who wear Ramones tshirts or Che tshirts-in short, people who deserve to die.

MaverickFan4Life
08-24-2006, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=schyza]You are comedy all your name calling I feel like I

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 04:41 PM
tom hanks is pretty awful.
Tom Hanks is the greatest actor ever. Greatest range, blends into character perfectly, he can do anything: he can be a gangster, a bubbly sweet retard, a Slavic immigrant, anything. Does it perfectly every time. Where in the world did that nonsense come from?

TheBynumProject
08-24-2006, 04:42 PM
matt mc cohagay always plays the same regular guy who flirts with women. watta fruit.

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 04:43 PM
vin diesel
"Find Me Guilty" will forever take him off this list for me. He's never been cast in a challenging role before, he's just been in corny action movies so he plays a corny action person. But Find Me Guilty he did good in and to be a worst actor ever you have to consistently suck.

MaverickFan4Life
08-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Tom Hanks is the greatest actor ever. Greatest range, blends into character perfectly, he can do anything: he can be a gangster, a bubbly sweet retard, a Slavic immigrant, anything. Does it perfectly every time. Where in the world did that nonsense come from?

wow, we finally agree on something geewiz

Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors, along with Denzel

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Tom Cruise made Top Gun, TOP GUN. He could deficate on my yard while punching me in the stomach and I wouldn't be mad. Nick Cage isn't a bad actor either. I hear Tom Hanks is having a Oscar worthy performance in the upcoming "Last N****a On Earth" role.

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 04:48 PM
matt mc cohagay always plays the same regular guy who flirts with women. watta fruit.

No way, he goes hard. You ever seen Dazed and Confused? Classic

IamtheWalrus
08-24-2006, 04:51 PM
tom cruise is pretty good he was good in rain man and collateral

brad pitt is also very good he was great in troy

troy is like the worst movie in the world.

i take brad pitt back

i vote ben affleck, vin diesel, and colin farrell

schyza
08-24-2006, 04:52 PM
keep your geeky $10 an hour Computer Tech job, we are all impressed!

$10 an hour :roll:

Is that the best you can come up with?:hammerhead:

Hey as long as that $10 an hour keeps putting food on the table for the wife and I and as long as I can still pay my mortgage LOL $10 an hour

Hahahahahahahahahah:roll:

Although it pains me to agree that Tom Hanks is a great actor I loved The Money Pit and The Burbs funny flicks so at least we can agree there :D

Oh and by the way I am not trying to impress anyone I will never meet any of you and could care less what you think of me I just think you are comedy trying to blast on someone’s intellect that you don’t even know

SCdac
08-24-2006, 04:55 PM
"Find Me Guilty" will forever take him off this list for me. He's never been cast in a challenging role before, he's just been in corny action movies so he plays a corny action person. But Find Me Guilty he did good in and to be a worst actor ever you have to consistently suck.

I've never seen that one. Maybe it sheds new light on Deisel I've never seen.

But from what I have seen, Vin Diesel is like the American Arnold schwarzenegger. The same cheesy one liners and the same body building figure. Diesel obviously has much better articulation and all, but still the same thing IMO.

I'll have to check out "Find Me Guilty", but then again you also thought the Big Lebowski and Sideways sucked, soo :D .... j to the k

brokenthumb
08-24-2006, 04:55 PM
Hayden Christensen, James Franco, and that new idiot Channing Tatum have to be the holy trinity of bad acting. I have no idea how these guys get lead roles??? They can barely speak much less act.

SCY
08-24-2006, 05:00 PM
No way, he goes hard. You ever seen Dazed and Confused? Classic

Maybe so, but he still fit the description of a "regular guy that flirts with girls" pretty well.

Inspector Rick
08-24-2006, 05:01 PM
John Malkovich. I love him in Rounders and he's pretty funny in Being John Malkovich, but I just cant take the guy seriously. I watched Con Air last night (awesome movie, but totally not at the same time) and it was him delivering one cheesy line after the next. After about 20 minutes or so into the movie it just became redicules. But still, Rounders kicks major ****ing ass, so whatev.

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
I'll have to check out "Find Me Guilty", but then again you also thought the Big Lebowski and Sideways sucked, soo
To be fair, I didn't make it more than 20 minutes through Big Lebowski and I did like Sideways just not THAT much.

I really recommend the movie as someone who enjoys clever courtroom wit. But if you want instant convincing just checkout the reviews on rottentomatoes. Every other review specifically mentions Diesel's acting. Even the bad reviews.

"Here's a movie so cockeyed, the fact that Vin Diesel gives a decent performance isn't even the weirdest thing about it. "

schyza
08-24-2006, 05:23 PM
John Malkovich. I love him in Rounders and he's pretty funny in Being John Malkovich, but I just cant take the guy seriously. I watched Con Air last night (awesome movie, but totally not at the same time) and it was him delivering one cheesy line after the next. After about 20 minutes or so into the movie it just became redicules. But still, Rounders kicks major ****ing ass, so whatev.

Yea I guess I am being a little hard on the movie. It wasn’t all bad I actually really like Steve Buscemi and Dave Chappelle was in it so it had some good points but I just can’t get the “PUT DOWN THE BUNNY LINE” out of my head that to me was when he really sounded like an f-ed up version of Forest Gump. But that is my opinion no one has to agree. Actualy I realy am not one to talk I found my self totaly baked and whaching Snow Dogs so what do I know about good movies?LOL

Knoe Itawl
08-24-2006, 05:49 PM
You can tell all the people in here that let their personal feelings about an actcor dictate whether they say they are bad actors or not.

Tom Cruise
Tom Hanks
Brad Pitt

are nowhere near bad actors. Rent some b horror movies if you want to see truly bad acting.

IamtheWalrus
08-24-2006, 05:52 PM
we all know brad pitt ain't the best actor...but whoever said tom hanks don't know how to watch movies.

Hotlantadude81
08-24-2006, 06:00 PM

underrated = christian bale

I don't think he's underrated... He doesn't have much charisma and I think that hurts him.

I'd have to say Cary Elwes is pretty bad... He was god awful in Saw.

Hotlantadude81
08-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm on the fence with Nicolas Cage. On one hand, I thought he was great in Raising Arizona, Bringing Out the Dead, Wild at Heart, Honeymoon in Vegas, and a few more. But on the other hand, I though he sucked in Face Off, Gone in Sixty Seconds, and Con Air. Adaptation was just ok. Havent seen some of his newer work... He shows spurts of quality, provoking, acting, but other stuff is just as bland as bland can be.

Bringing Out the Dead was a boring and pointless movie.

Hotlantadude81
08-24-2006, 06:07 PM
because he's so mainstream he sucks. all his roles are the same boring ass characters who all the mainstream idiots love. it's like the same sorts of people who wear Ramones tshirts or Che tshirts-in short, people who deserve to die.

I disagree... I really enjoyed Forrest Gump and Big.

Revelation
08-24-2006, 06:41 PM

Tom Hanks?! I'm pretty sure he's considered one of the best actors of our time.

joewait
08-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Tom Hanks?! I'm pretty sure he's considered one of the best actors of our time.

perhaps to the mainstream.
I'll put it like this:
tom hanks is the equivalent of what nirvana is to music whereas jeff bridges is the acting equivalent of elliott smith.

Kujo
08-24-2006, 07:20 PM
I can't stand John Travolta. Pulp Fiction is only watchable film for me with him in it. He pretty much ruins every film he's in. I can't stand Nicolas Cage either. Paul Walker has the acting range of a mannequin. He's horrible.

Timmeh
08-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Paul Walker

glidedrxlr22
08-24-2006, 07:31 PM
Anthony Anderson is in every freakin movie!

http://mud.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/2226493127

Young HkM
08-24-2006, 07:55 PM
5 pages, and nobody has mentioned Samuel L Jackson. He's awful. He was the first actor that made me notice bad acting.

kwajo
08-24-2006, 08:06 PM
most of the Wayans brothers suck at acting, though they are entertaining

schyza
08-24-2006, 08:18 PM
5 pages, and nobody has mentioned Samuel L Jackson. He's awful. He was the first actor that made me notice bad acting.

Dude you hit the nail there he was good in Pulp Ficton but that is it. In Star Wars I was just waiting for him to say
"CALL ME A JEDI AGIN MUTHA PHUCKA"

ShawnieMac06
08-24-2006, 08:57 PM
most of the Wayans brothers suck at acting, though they are entertaining

Shawn and Keenen, I would agree with...Damon isn't as bad, just depends on the role, but Marlon is the best of the whole Wayans clan, that includes Kim too.

As for worst actors, Vin Diesel is #1 on my list, and I haven't seen Find Me Guilty yet, and did hear it was his best work by far.

For more actors...gotta throw in Steven Segal too.

shadow
08-24-2006, 08:58 PM
keanu reeves is up there in worst actors.

Bourne
08-24-2006, 08:59 PM
I, am ALEC BALDWIN. Yes, that's right, ALEC BALDWIN. Leader of the F.A.G.

Timmeh
08-24-2006, 09:10 PM
aahaha that was a good movie. I think Trey Parker and Matt Stone (makers of Team America and South Park) really hate him, there was a SP episode where Alec Baldwin got killed as well.

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 09:16 PM
perhaps to the mainstream.
I'll put it like this:
tom hanks is the equivalent of what nirvana is to music whereas jeff bridges is the acting equivalent of elliott smith.

Wow man, you are so cool. Did you cut your wrist to ease the pain when Elliot Smith died? You are so hardcore playboi!

Rapsfan4life
08-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Vin Diesel. I saw him film a movie on a street near me, and he isn't a decent actor. He is probably the worst i've seen in a movie.

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 09:27 PM
I can't stand:

-Harrison Ford (all the characters he plays are the "Get off my plane" types)

-Tom Cruise (has he made a decent film since Top Gun?)

-Orlando Bloom (little gay womany dude, is in anything that is a period piece)

-Keira Knightly (see Bloom)

-Brad Pitt (doesn't have any acting skills, only good movie was Se7en)

-George Clooney (see Pitt, only good movies are: From Dusk Till Dawn and 3 Kings)

-Antonio Banderas (what is he saying? Is he attractive?)

-Catherine Zeta-Jones (absoulte junk)

People I admire for their acting skills:

-Michael Douglas (he may be a weirdo but damn he has been in some great roles)

-Adam Sandler (has only made two films I hated, Going Overboard and Spanglish. Click was an awesome movie, sad and funny)

-Jeff Bridges (his portrayel of the Dude is just so awesome, and his role in Arlington road was very convincing)

-Kathleen Turner (Serial Mom, War of the Roses. Need I say more?)

Also Hanks use to be good, but he's overrated now, and his roles are getting increasingly boring.

Christian Bale is another that I enjoy, he was an awesome Batman, and The Machinist was cool.

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 09:27 PM
joewait youre just one of those people who pride themselves on being anti-mainstream. you hate anything that other people like. the problem is, just as many people follow the mainstream religiously as are religiously opposed to it. so really, the anti-mainstream is also mainstream.

in summary, you're a tool.

you could just judge things objectively, and if you did, you'd realize that Tom Hanks is the greatest actor to ever do it.

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Vin Diesel. I saw him film a movie on a street near me, and he isn't a decent actor. He is probably the worst i've seen in a movie.

O hyeah I forgot about him. I can't stand him. He is incoherant and his head looks like a shaved testicle. Ugly ugly man, and a terrible actor.

Has he been in a movie that doesn't feature revenge as a theme and violence?

Put the Rock in there too. I hate how he does wrestling moves in his movies to beat bad guys. It looks so stupid. Might as well make a remake of Mr Nanny.

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 09:35 PM

You ever seen Boiler Room?

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 09:38 PM
You ever seen Boiler Room?

Yeah the one about young accountants or something? I saw it on pay TV years ago, and switched it off. Bad acting.

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 09:39 PM
JESUS GOD.

Ok first of all: Top Gun? Sucked. Terrible movie, overrated as hell.

Second of all: Collateral, Mission Impossible 3, Minority Report, Last Samurai, Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, Rain Man. Did I miss any?

I think the better question is: has he made any remarkably BAD movies since Top Gun? And the answers no. He's gone mediocre with a couple titles but thats not bad. Top Gun was 20 years ago.

-Adam Sandler (has only made two films I hated, Going Overboard and Spanglish. Click was an awesome movie, sad and funny)
You're crazy. If they needed Crowd Member # 543 for a football flick, Sandler would be underqualified. He makes a new movie it seems every 4 months and it never fails to suck.

Click: sucks
Longest Yard: sucks, one of the worst casting choices ever
50 First Dates: decent
Punch Drunk Love: haven't seen it, hear good things
Mr Deeds: sucks
Big Daddy: sucks
Water Boy: sucks

all movies centered around Sandler. I miss any?

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 09:41 PM
FIND ME GUILTY.

Do not talk about Vin Diesel until you have seen Find Me Guilty. He hasn't gotten a chance to ruin an intelligent part before Find Me Guilty, and he has done good with every chance that he has been given.

H20
08-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Seth Green
Will Ferrell-trys to hard
David Spade-"ahh hi i'm david spade i'm and funnnyyy, yeahhhhh, sooooo... um yeah i'm david spade and i'm funny"

those are the only ones that come to mind right now

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Boiler Room was awesome. I can see how people think it was bad acting, but thats how they were supposed to act, like cheesy wops.

H20
08-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Adam Sandler hasn't had any remotely funny movie sense his two in Happy Gilmore and the other one that came out around the same time.

Same thing with Jim Carey, he had me myself and Irene and hasn't had a good one since.

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Jim Carrey! I totally forgot about him. Yes he's definitely the worst actor in Human History.

Will Ferrell-trys to hard
agreed.

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 09:50 PM

First of all, any healthy heterosexual male would not say that. Second, Risky Business and Cocktail were good. Theres really not a bad Cruise movie I can think of, though I didn't really like Mission Impossible 2/3

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 09:51 PM
JESUS GOD.

Second of all: Collateral, Mission Impossible 3, Minority Report, Last Samurai, Jerry Maguire, Eyes Wide Shut, Rain Man. Did I miss any?

I think the better question is: has he made any remarkably BAD movies since Top Gun? And the answers no. He's gone mediocre with a couple titles but thats not bad. Top Gun was 20 years ago.

I guess thats the difference between gays and starights. Gays love Tom.

Collateral is way way overrated, it was an average movie with average acting.
All the Mission Impossible movies are trash.
Minority Report is ok, but Cruise ruins it.
Last Samurai is totally unbelievable, and Tom Cruise's acting in it was wooden, and too "American".
Jerry Maguire is overrated, boring movie.
Eyes Wide Shut, Nicole naked, the only reason I'd watch a sad sack Kubrick film.
Rain Man, OK you got me there. But it's Hoffman that makes it not Cruise.

What can I say? I guess I just hate Tom Cruise. One movie I did enjoy his acting in was War of the Worlds because he was a wuss in it. The story line was stupid though. The world is destoyed but Boston survives. And that kid ran into an eplosion but survived.... moronic.

You're crazy. If they needed Crowd Member # 543 for a football flick, Sandler would be underqualified. He makes a new movie it seems every 4 months and it never fails to suck.

Click: sucks
Longest Yard: sucks, one of the worst casting choices ever
50 First Dates: decent
Punch Drunk Love: haven't seen it, hear good things
Mr Deeds: sucks
Big Daddy: sucks
Water Boy: sucks

all movies centered around Sandler. I miss any?

Nice movie summary. Click is an awesome movie and really showed Sandler's range. If you haven't seen Punch Drunk Love, you really shouldn't make any comment on Sandler.

How can you not find Sandler funny as? Longest Yard was meh, I'll give you that, but all those other movies are funny as. I like that he plays it quite straight now, and has everyone else play off him. That butler (John Turtorro?) was so funny, "Sneaky, sneaky". He was also classic in the Big Lebowski as 'The Jesus". Love the line, "The Jesus will f*ck you in the ass".

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Jim Carrey! I totally forgot about him. Yes he's definitely the worst actor in Human History.

Eternal Sunshine was solid

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Will Ferrell just isn't funny. Does anyone else find him creepy fro mtrying to hard?

Ben Stiller is a god. I don't think he's made a bad movie. Someone point one out for me please, I can't think of one. Meet the Fockers was probably the worst, but it still wasn't bad.

Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler are so under appreciated. Two terrific comedic actors, that can both kick ass at dramas too.

Jim Carrey=Man on the Moon=Priceless.

Jim Carrey=Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, just fantastic.

I guess I wont liek the same movies as a geek like geeWiz15 anyway, i'm not big on the special effect Star Wars movies, more into movies that have a story, or are a bit weird/ original.

SCY
08-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Risky Business was a classic. And Jim Carrey has the capability to be decent but usually does his stupid shtick.

Young HkM
08-24-2006, 10:00 PM
I can't stand:

-Harrison Ford (all the characters he plays are the "Get off my plane" types)

-Orlando Bloom (little gay womany dude, is in anything that is a period piece)

-Keira Knightly (see Bloom)

-Brad Pitt (doesn't have any acting skills, only good movie was Se7en)

-George Clooney (see Pitt, only good movies are: From Dusk Till Dawn and 3 Kings)

-Antonio Banderas (what is he saying? Is he attractive?)

-Catherine Zeta-Jones (absoulte junk)

People I admire for their acting skills:

-Michael Douglas (he may be a weirdo but damn he has been in some great roles)

-Jeff Bridges (his portrayel of the Dude is just so awesome, and his role in Arlington road was very convincing)

-Kathleen Turner (Serial Mom, War of the Roses. Need I say more?)

Also Hanks use to be good, but he's overrated now, and his roles are getting increasingly boring.

Christian Bale is another that I enjoy, he was an awesome Batman, and The Machinist was cool.

Unwritten Rule: No hating on any of the Cosby Kids.

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Risky Business was a classic. And Jim Carrey has the capability to be decent but usually does his stupid shtick.

Jim Carrey is awesome.

Enternal Sunshine
Dumb and Dumber
Man on the Moon
Ace Ventura 1 and 2
Liar Liar

Al lgreat great movies. There is no denying he is one of the top actors of our generation.

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Unwritten Rule: No hating on any of the Cosby Kids.

No she's that skinny b*tch from Pirates from the Carribean

SCY
08-24-2006, 10:03 PM
No offense, but anyone who can't stand Catherine Zeta-Jones must have their ******* filled on the regular. ouch got censored.

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 10:05 PM
No offense, but anyone who can't stand Catherine Zeta-Jones must have their ******* filled on the regular.

I like her body, I hate her acting.

That's a fair statement.

I watched Sweet Home Alabama the other night with some female friends and the only thing that got me through it was the fact that Reese was in it. That's how I watch Zeta-Jones movies.

Scarlett Johannson is a good young actress and she's f*ckin' hot!

joewait
08-24-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow man, you are so cool. Did you cut your wrist to ease the pain when Elliot Smith died? You are so hardcore playboi!

you must not have done well on the SAT. I'm trying to say Hanks is mainstream but not very talented whereas Jeff Bridges isn't on many people's radar but he's a great talent.

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 10:09 PM
you must not have done well on the SAT. I'm trying to say Hanks is mainstream but not very talented whereas Jeff Bridges isn't on many people's radar but he's a great talent.

:applause:

Jeff Bridges is a fantastic actor, we just need to forget Tron. I watched Tron 5 times for a Film Paper at University, f*ck I hate that movie. There were a bunch of geeks i nthe class, and when the lecturer said we are analysing Tron, a little cheer went up from the nerds. WTF is is with nerds?

SCY
08-24-2006, 10:10 PM
I like her body, I hate her acting.

That's a fair statement.

Just checking.

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 10:11 PM
I guess I wont liek the same movies as a geek like geeWiz15 anyway, i'm not big on the special effect Star Wars movies, more into movies that have a story, or are a bit weird/ original.
Not a movie geek, hate Star Wars, and love movies with plots, meanings, and originality... as opposed to the garbage that Adam Sandler makes.

Seriously what are you trying to say? Just because I don't like Adam Sandler doesn't mean I don't like comedy. I can't stand guys that overact. Make the movie all about themselves. Like a child at a party "HEY LOOK AT ME I CAN JUGGLE." Jim Carrey completely ruined A Series Of Unfortunate Events and for that I will never forgive him.

Its one thing to say Adam Sandler makes good movies, it's another to say that you admire his acting ability. That's just crazytalk. What possible rationale could form that kind of opinion?

Young HkM
08-24-2006, 10:15 PM
No she's that skinny b*tch from Pirates from the Carribean

Oh damn, I was way off. I was thinking of Keshia Knight.

SCdac
08-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Jim Carrey is awesome.

Enternal Sunshine
Dumb and Dumber
Man on the Moon
Ace Ventura 1 and 2
Liar Liar

Al lgreat great movies. There is no denying he is one of the top actors of our generation.

Most definitely. Jim Carrey is one of my favorite actors. Unfortunately, he's guilty of being a part of some crappy movies too (Bruce Almighty, Batman Forever, etc). Also, people need to understand he became popular in the business as a comedian, not a dramatic actor like others. He's proven to be versatile, and capable of drama though (The Truman Show, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Man on the Moon)... I've liked him since In Living Color. I remember him staring in some vampire movie from the 80s too, was ok considering the year. His comedy never disappointed me too much, from Dumb and Dumber, to Liar Liar, to Me, Myself, and Irene. Again, I just think he needs to steer clear of crappy movie ideas.

deion2123
08-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Keanu Reeves and Jamie Foxx

nash4eva!gosuns
08-24-2006, 10:19 PM
uh...i don't really like it when singers become actors...they suck mostly

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Not a movie geek, hate Star Wars, and love movies with plots, meanings, and originality... as opposed to the garbage that Adam Sandler makes.

Not a movie geek, just a plain old geek.

Seriously what are you trying to say? Just because I don't like Adam Sandler doesn't mean I don't like comedy. I can't stand guys that overact. Make the movie all about themselves. Like a child at a party "HEY LOOK AT ME I CAN JUGGLE." Jim Carrey completely ruined A Series Of Unfortunate Events and for that I will never forgive him.

Thanks for reminding me of how awesome he was i nthat movie. Damn he was creepy. Olaf. I was rooting for him. You are a hater, admit you are wrong. Jim Carrey is an awesome actor, he is far superior to Tom Cruise. What's believable about a short-ass little man defeating whole armies? I guess Naploean Bonaparte did that, but Tom Cruise seems to single handily do it.

Its one thing to say Adam Sandler makes good movies, it's another to say that you admire his acting ability. That's just crazytalk. What possible rationale could form that kind of opinion?

He does have acting ability. Do you not believe his charcters? That is the idea behind acting, to make characetrs believable. It doesn't matter how far out there you make the character, just needs to be believeable. I have 20 plays behind me of acting experience, and pretty much everyone I've talked to in theatre says Jim Carrey is an awesome actor as is Sandler, jus tvastly underrated and misunderstood by mainstream one-eyed idiots.

H20
08-24-2006, 10:27 PM
tom crusie was a good actor when he was young or atleast he was lucky enough to fill roles in some good movies

risky Business
legend
Cocktail
loosin it
all the right moves
days of thunder
jerr maguire
top gun

and the mission impossibles are ok, i've only seen the first 2 though.

bagelred
08-24-2006, 10:27 PM
OK, gotta give my two cents:

Let's play good/bad actor, shall we?

Good: Matt Damon
Bad: Ben Affleck

Good: Arnold Schwatzenegger
Bad: Steven Seagall

Good: Toby McGuire
Bad: Heath Ledger

Good: Russell Crowe
Bad: Colin Farrell

Good: Denzel Washington
Bad: Antonio Banderas

Best Comedic Actor: Will Ferrell
Worst Comedic Actor: Rob Schneider

Overrated: Jake Gyllenhaal
Underrated: Tom Cruise

Always Good: Tom Hanks
Always Annoying: Jack Black

Best Old Actor: Jack Nicholson
Best Young Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio

Female still can carry a movie: Jodie Foster
Female that can't carry a movie anymore: Sandra Bullock

Best Child Actor: Dakota Fanning
Best Child Actor now too old: Haley Joel Osment

Best Actor for the perfect male: Brad Pitt
Best Actor for the less than perfect male: Paul Giamatti

Perfect Superman: Christoper Reeve
Less than Perfect Superman: Brandon Routh

In: Reese Witherspoon
Out: Julia Roberts

Someone unique: Mark Wahlberg
Someone not necessary: Ashton Kutcher

Better than expected: Hugh Grant
Worse than expected: Keanu Reeves

Comedic Actor who has shown range: Jim Carrey (Truman Show, Eternal)
Comedic Actor with limited range: Adam Sandler

H20
08-24-2006, 10:30 PM
jim carey will never be taken seriously in my eyes. he should just stick to comedies. its drama one that put him off the radar. Sure some people sad he was good but most didn't like it and can't and won't except it. thats the way it is, just like child actors, you'll always think of them as what they were or used to be no matter what they do. he isn't verstaile at all to me.

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 10:36 PM

You are right, you are right, my SAT score, which is a bad judgement of aptitude in the first place, does directly correlate to my ability to decifer your top tier analogies.
According to your original analogy, Tom Hanks is the equivalent of Nirvana. From the way I infer this, He is good at what he does eventhough it is considered to be simple? Jeff Bridges to Elliot Smith is something along the lines of not being mainstream but still has a cult following. Elliot Smith has a giant following in the college demographics, which is the biggest target of the music industry. That in turn means that you are saying Jeff Bridges is the actor equivalent of that, eventhough you claim just the opposite?

RainierBeachPoet
08-24-2006, 10:38 PM
keaunu reeves is the worst of the bunch

never believable and cant deliver lines well

SCdac
08-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Keanu Reeves will always be Ted Logan to me LOL... Even though I enjoyed his acting in Dracula, Little Buddha, Speed, and a handful of other movies... He's far from the "best" actor or anything like that. But he's not quite the "worst" either, at least in my opinon. I can understand the criticism though.

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 10:46 PM
keaunu reeves is the worst of the bunch

never believable and cant deliver lines well

C'mon Constantine was cool. But I'm with the guy above me that says he will always be Ted Logan.

When I hear the voice I just think, "Ecellent, dude" and some stupid air guitar with 80's sound effect.

telephone
08-24-2006, 10:56 PM
ethan hawke was kick ass in assault on precinct 13.

paul walker is horrible. denise richards (so hot) sux at acting too. james bond movie anyone?

Boki4MVP
08-24-2006, 10:59 PM
paul walker and steven segal.

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 11:00 PM
ethan hawke was kick ass in assault on precinct 13.

paul walker is horrible. denise richards (so hot) sux at acting too. james bond movie anyone?

Denise Richards looks like she has more plastic per capita than skin tissue

AppleNader
08-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Sean Connery
Morgan Freeman
Gene Hackman
Al Pacino

telephone
08-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Denise Richards looks like she has more plastic per capita than skin tissue

i think her **** in wild things 1 are real but i think she got implants after that

Suns4Life
08-24-2006, 11:05 PM
Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Sean Connery
Morgan Freeman
Gene Hackman
Al Pacino

I really think Pacino just has too many fan boys, more so than being a one of the "worst" actors, as this topic is about. I enjoy his work. Also, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is ****ing great, no way he should be on this list.

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Ced......... :rollingeyes:

He does have acting ability. Do you not believe his charcters? That is the idea behind acting, to make characetrs believable.
that's the thing.... in every single Adam Sandler movie, I'm seeing Adam Sandler not Adam Sandler's character. This has never been more clear than Longest Yard. He's average to below average at acting and above average at being funny normally. He's like Owen Wilson, he's there to have a personality and make you laugh, not to put on an Oscar performance. You're praising Sandler like an actual actor which he is not. He's a comedian who makes movies that you think are funny. Doesn't mean he's a good actor.

and the mission impossibles are ok, i've only seen the first 2 though.
Thirds the best by far. First two are fun action movies but the third is an actual MOVIE... it's got drama and suspense to spair, acting is superb, plot is awesome, it's well filmed, just a great movie overall.

Jim Carrey is an awesome actor, he is far superior to Tom Cruise.
wow... right...

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Ced......... :rollingeyes:

that's the thing.... in every single Adam Sandler movie, I'm seeing Adam Sandler not Adam Sandler's character. This has never been more clear than Longest Yard. He's average to below average at acting and above average at being funny normally. He's like Owen Wilson, he's there to have a personality and make you laugh, not to put on an Oscar performance. You're praising Sandler like an actual actor which he is not. He's a comedian who makes movies that you think are funny. Doesn't mean he's a good actor.

Owen Wilson? You compare Sandler to Owen Wilson? I won't be having any more Sandler comversations with you.

I probably should have mentioned that arguing with me about Sandler is like arguing wit hadamcz about the Bucks or arguing with kobelamar about Kobe.

geeWiz15
08-24-2006, 11:26 PM
I probably should have mentioned that arguing with me about Sandler is like arguing wit hadamcz about the Bucks
first of all your comparison is dumb. second of all you took what I said out of context. third of all you ignored the rest of my post.

adamcz knows more about the bucks than me. however you don't know more about adam sandler than me. you just like him more. so they're not alike at all.

he's like owen wilson because both aren't good actors but see lots of success because people like their onscreen personality. sandler's a better actor than wilson but still not good. I'm not saying they're similar in any way. however they have similar reasons for being currently employed in the film industry: they're funny and people want to watch them... has nothing to do with their acting ability.

TheReturnofCed
08-24-2006, 11:48 PM
first of all your comparison is dumb. second of all you took what I said out of context. third of all you ignored the rest of my post.

adamcz knows more about the bucks than me. however you don't know more about adam sandler than me. you just like him more. so they're not alike at all.

I won't be replying to any more posts about this with you. You are so one-eyed its unbelievable.

I own all his films, and have a Film minor at university, I have studyed his work for a paper and listened to actual intelligent people talk about him, not some egotistical 16 year old that has never expereinced anything in life outside of Pokemon cards, ISH and watching movies on his computer at home by himself.

Inspector Rick
08-25-2006, 02:06 AM
Three words. Punch. Drunk. Love. It was really quite remarkable to see him make that transformation from the ill tempered face punching Sandler we all know and love (well most of us) to this quiet shy business man who was just so........normal (but works so well at the same time).

And I think his absurd comedies has its place in cinema. Billy Madion, Happy Gilmore (dear God I love this movie), Mr. Deeds, Wedding Singer, etc but I will say that The Longest Yard is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Just terrible.

SuperboyXX0018
08-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Ed Norton is the most underrated great actor.

SuperboyXX0018
08-25-2006, 02:09 AM
Daniel Day Lewis is a great actor also.

SuperboyXX0018
08-25-2006, 02:16 AM

LOL!! I hope you're joking.....

Watch unbreakable, he plays a more serious role.

bruinballer
08-25-2006, 02:21 AM
first off, a big "thank you!!" to everybody who mentioned keanu reeves...

he plays one character in every movie.. and that's keanu reeves... it's like he has the keanu reeves character method of acting... so he seriously sucks... end story...

pauly shore?!! even calling him an actor really stretches credibility! i can't think of one movie where he actually really _acted_...

my favorite actors? dustin hoffman and kevin spacey have pretty much owned every movie they have appeared in... they are the quintissential actors...

geeWiz15
08-25-2006, 02:24 AM
I won't be replying to any more posts about this with you. You are so one-eyed its unbelievable.

I own all his films, and have a Film minor at university,
You haven't replied to one of my posts yet.

And you should ask for your money back from your college if they're teaching you that Adam Sandler is one of the great actors of our time. You didn't say he was your favorite. You didn't say he was underappreciated, and you didn't say he's funny, and you didn't say he makes good movies. You said you "admire him for his acting skills." And listed him and about 3 other people. What makes him so high at the top? I'm not saying he's bad and you're not addressing my points, you're just geeking out at everything I say.

You call me a film geek and then when you have nothing left to say you just say "oh yeah, well I have a minor from some crappy New Zealand college in film, so therefore I know more than you, end of discussion." you have done papers on ADAM SANDLER and you're calling ME a film geek? is that really what they have people doing in college nowadays?

Inspector Rick
08-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Hey, Pauly Shore was in Encino Man, which gives him a pass for whatever crap he churned out after. "Yeeeoohhhhh, budd-dy"

The Mamba
08-25-2006, 02:26 AM
Paul Walker
Orlando Bloom
Brandon Routh

and many more...

DaHeezy
08-25-2006, 02:55 AM
I totally agree with Jim Carey being a terrible actor. Outside of funny, what does he got? He's so typecast as an idiot that you can't take him seriously in a serious role.

One actor I cannot bare to sit through a whole movie is Brendan Fraser. He started of as a caveman, and that's all he is, a caveman. He's like one of those guys you see around and say, That is a big waist of height.

On the actress tip, I think Jessica Alba sucks. Some people are so blinded by the beauty to realize she's got no on screen chemistry with anyone. Honey has got to be on the top 5 of my worst movies ever.

Shout outs go to Sir Anthony Hopkins and Christopher Walkens. Never a dull moment on screen with these two. It pisses me off that Hopkins does not have an Oscar.

JSub
08-25-2006, 02:55 AM
Brad Pitt is a great actor. He just gets a bad rep b/c he's a pretty boy.

Fight Club
Snatch
Se7en

All GREAT movies

Dont hate on Jim Carrey either, he's one of my favorites:

Eternal Sunshine
Truman Show
Dumb and Dumber
Ace Ventura

Horrible actor? MARK WAHLBERG!!! Oh my good, he's so friggin horrible. And he's ugly too. I dunno how he keeps getting casted. These movies were disasters:

Planet of the Apes
Italian Job
Rockstar

The Mamba
08-25-2006, 02:56 AM
Yeah, Marky Mark is pretty bad.

H20
08-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Brad Pitt is a great actor. He just gets a bad rep b/c he's a pretty boy.

Fight Club
Snatch
Se7en

All GREAT movies

Dont hate on Jim Carrey either, he's one of my favorites:

Eternal Sunshine
Truman Show
Dumb and Dumber
Ace Ventura

Horrible actor? MARK WAHLBERG!!! Oh my good, he's so friggin horrible. And he's ugly too. I dunno how he keeps getting casted. These movies were disasters:

Planet of the Apes
Italian Job
Rockstar

are you gay?

Voratian
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Ced, why reply to Geewiz? He thinks he's sophisto because he has a Brian from Family Guy avatar. :roll:

IamtheWalrus
08-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Ed Norton is the most underrated great actor.

yea edward norton is a great actor.

as for best young actor above, christian bale.

IamtheWalrus
08-25-2006, 02:21 PM
too bad you guys can't understand chinese...this guy tony leung chiu wai is better than 99% of the poeple in hollywood.

he was in hero, infernal affairs,

geeWiz15
08-25-2006, 03:55 PM
BTW: a list of my favorite actors:

James Spader
Billy Bob Thornton
Nicholas Cage
Leonardo Dicaprio
Vince Vaughn
Tom Cruise
Mos Def
William H Macy
Christopher Walken

Ced, why reply to Geewiz? He thinks he's sophisto because he has a Brian from Family Guy avatar.
helpful tip: its ok to laugh at your own joke in irony, or if it's actually funny. otherwise you look like a big idiot.

and you do realize Ced is arguing that Adam Sandler is a way better actor than Tom Cruise, right? and justifying this with a "film minor" from some college? and all he's been doing is being his regular touchy geek self and not actually debating me on anything?

face it: he doesn't like Tom Cruise because he's a Scientologist and he's being a petty ***** and completely discrediting his acting ability based on something that has nothing to do with it. and he happens to enjoy Adam Sandlers movies so he's committing the cardinal sin of confusing entertainment and acting and calling him the greatest actor going. then he gets his ass handed to him and takes "the high road" and expects everyone to forget the personal insults he sent my way back when he thought he had a chance. happens everytime, happened with get buckets, gobb almost daily, and now me. everytime. takes a stupid position and can't just be a man about it, has to create a big crying scene and play mindgames.

seriously this post has made me lose a LOT of faith in this board. for many different reasons.

Voratian
08-25-2006, 03:57 PM
At least be old enough to buy cigarettes before getting on your high horse, little boy.

Da KO King
08-25-2006, 04:19 PM
First let me say that the person who said Jamie Foxx is a fool. Did you not see "Ray" or "Collateral"!?!

Second, you people should be ashamed of yourselves for not mentioning Steven Segal more. Dude is truly one of the the worst actors in film making history.

To this day I'll never forget his jaw-droppingly awful performance in Marked For Death. From delieving every line with the same emotion regardless of context/situation to his blatant indirectly looking at the camera.

SCY
08-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Ever watched the Steven Segal Show? (http://www.atomfilms.com/landing/landingIndex.jsp?id=seagal2_burger_down&mature=accept)

Kobe Jnr
12-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Scar Ho.