PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Blazer Fans (And Bandwagoners Too)

JordanL
06-24-2008, 03:08 PM
This forum is a WHOLE lot more active than it was in February... which makes me shudder at how active it might be come November.

If you're new around these forums, and haven't introduced yourself to fellow Blazer fans, go ahead and say hi!

If you're not a Blazer fan but interested in talking about the team, let us know what's likeable about the team. :)

And if you're a banwagoner... well this is gonna be the place to be for that soon as well.

As Wheeler might say... a very good day to be a Blazer.

Myth
06-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Good idea creating a welcome thread. *stickied*

BlazersDozen
06-24-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm not that new just so everyone knows. I was here last offseason. I was forced to create a new account. So :)

PEN 16
06-24-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm technically a Spurs fan, but LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, and Greg Oden combined with Kevin Pritchard's amazing front office work really makes me like this team, they're probably my second favorite. I can't wait to see them in the future once they all get some experience together; they did well this year and Oden wasn't even with them, plus I hear he's added range to his game, so he should be deadly if he stays healthy.

Plus, I need someone to follow once the Spurs decline and start getting out early. :D

Myth
06-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm technically a Spurs fan, but LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, and Greg Oden combined with Kevin Pritchard's amazing front office work really makes me like this team, they're probably my second favorite. I can't wait to see them in the future once they all get some experience together; they did well this year and Oden wasn't even with them, plus I hear he's added range to his game, so he should be deadly if he stays healthy.

Plus, I need someone to follow once the Spurs decline and start getting out early. :D

I bet it helps to have Aldridge who played in Texas. Hope you stick around.

BlazersDozen - What was your former name? I may have asked this before, but I forgot.

BlazersDozen
06-25-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm the artist formerly known as Nygher

Myth
06-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Ok, yeah, I remember that.

Renegade
06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
I bet it helps to have Aldridge who played in Texas. Hope you stick around.

Not to mention that Pritchard is a Spurs product.

Kumo
06-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey, I'm Elliot. Hopefully we have a good season/offseason.

Myth
06-30-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm loving the buzz about the Blazers, and not just the buzz in Portland, but the buzz all around the league. We seem to be talked about more and more on ESPN. And just look at the main NBA Forum here. There is a new Blazer thread everyday and they aren't always made by us from this part of ISH. The topics aren't 5 comments and done either. They go 3-4 pages. When I first got here, the only Blazer threads in the NBA Forum were Oden topics. I felt that if I wanted to talk Blazers, this was the only place to go. Not anymore.

veilside23
06-30-2008, 05:55 PM
count me in :D nah seriously i have been a fan of brandon roy ive watched him play in college and really take over games plus oden too. I love basketball it may seem surprising but since i am in the philippines it is just natural if i would support alot of teams. In the west my teams are in order. Goldenstate, Minny, Portland. In east ofcouse celtics, orlando and philly. so since i posted here it makes me a bandwagoner dont worry i would be really reasonable and am not bias :D thanks

Myth
06-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Its cool to jump on a bandwagon. Just don't keep jumping on and off :cheers:

Welcome btw.

veilside23
06-30-2008, 06:18 PM
dont worry as you can see even when kg left minny am still a fan ... and even if brandon roy would leave id still be a fan ... ive been a blazer fan since the clyde drexler days...

Myth
06-30-2008, 07:49 PM
After a while you can drop the bandwagon tag. If you've been a fan since the Drexler days and even through the jailblazer days, then you can drop the bandwagon title.

BlazersDozen
06-30-2008, 08:05 PM
HAHA

When I first arrived there were ZERO Blazer threads in the NBA Forum and only one new thread in this section about every couple weeks.

CelticForce1349
07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I am a Bulls fan to the core of my heart, but I am so crazy about Basketball it's hard not to like some other teams too. Don't we all have a little bit of that in us?

I would not hold it against anyone if they called me a bandwagon Blazer fan. The only point I hope to get across is that I am not jumping on the Bandwagon for the super-obvious reason...Portland will soon be winning Championships while "my" Bulls continue to...not win.

I live in Austin Texas and I have spent some time (not nearly enough) in Portland and I think it is fantastic. Lot's of great people and the place just has a good vibe to it.

Reason number two is kind of silly, but it is a reason none-the-less. I have always liked the primary colors of the uniforms of Chicago, Portland, and Miami. I just like strong colors, in particular black and red, especially in combination.

The third reason is the most important but I wanted to include my other thoughts as well. I really like the character of the players on the Blazers team. I can't stand the selfish thugs that really ruined basketball in the post-Jordan era. Guys like Brandon Roy (to name just one) are great players and even greater people. I always appreciate that.

I am big fan of the international impact on Basketball and the Blazers have one of my top five to 10 guys with Kopponen. I absolutely luv that kids game. I would get crucified for saying it on the Bulls forum but I desperately wish he was a Bull. Only in my dreams and 2k Basketball video games though.

I really wish the Bulls had not traded Aldrige for Thomas. It is painfully obvious that was a huge mistake. Unlike most Bulls fans I am not kidding myself about the reality of the situation.

Last but not least, I hate the Lakers. Just can't stand them at all. Kobe Bryant makes me sick. I look forward to watching the Blazers crush the Lakers over the next few years. I root for every team in the NBA against the Lakers but I will consider it to be most righteous when the Blazers have their time come at the Lakers expense.

Myth
07-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Cool, welcome aboard and some pretty good reasons. :cheers:

Why the "CelticForce" if you are a Bulls fan though?

rerips
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
After a while you can drop the bandwagon tag. If you've been a fan since the Drexler days and even through the jailblazer days, then you can drop the bandwagon title.

Hi to all,

I'm a Drexler-Porter-Kersey fans.. and I'm from Jakarta.. Indonesian natives..
still looking alot of NBA game clip featuring them.
And still following Coach Adelman too..

And i wonder what are Jerome Kersey doing these days, as i know Drexler is Houston Commentator and Porter is current Suns coach.

--rr--

Myth
07-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Last I heard Kersey was like a public relations guy with the Blazers. But with a quick search this is the latest I have found: http://media.barometer.orst.edu/media/storage/paper854/news/2008/01/25/Sports/Jerome.Kersey.Shows.Interested.In.Coaching.Beavers-3168748.shtml

Aldridge Fan
07-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Hello Portland fans! Welcome to the Rose City!

Some of you might already know me. I'm on ISH from time to time. For those who don't, I've lived here in Portland my whole life and been a fan since the 'RIP City' Drexler days. Welcome aboard! :cheers:

RainierBeachPoet
07-17-2008, 07:48 PM
i do not like to conisder myself a "bandwagon" fan

but since my sonics have left town, i had been considering adopting the blazers for a couple of reasons:

the seattle connections with roy, webster, nate and paul allen
the proximity to seattle

i kinda consider myself more an nba orphan than a bandwagonner

does anyone know if fox sports NW will show blazer games in seattle regularly?

Myth
07-17-2008, 08:37 PM
That makes sense. I wouldn't consider you a bandwagon fan either. "Bandwagon" to me simply just means "unloyal" and "follows the team only when they are winning or are expected to start winning." Your team abandoned you rather than vice versa.

veilside23
07-17-2008, 09:45 PM
i dont really abandon any team at all ... i am from the philippines and i frustrated baller not because i cant ball but am only 5 foor 6 inches tall and kinda late groomer when i was in college am barely 5 foot but i played alot of city hosted games and won some championships actually ofcourse being the point guard.

like what ive said i just love basketball it is like a part of me .. i started balling at age 4 and i beat my childhood friend that time since then i fall inlove with basketball . and my wife gets mad because i really watch basketball if there is anyone balling that's shown in tv. its really good that i can watch basketball specially nba on a daily basis live with a replay in the evening sometimes if i stay up too late i get to see consecutive games that's how i love basketball. am a very huge kg fan but very reasonable.

My teams in the west are Portland/twolves,Gstate, Memphis, and goes on and on .
My loyalty though is with KG . thats how passionate i play but i dont mind hitting the last shot. that the thing abit inconsistent in kg. So my east teams are BOSTON, orlando, detriot, philly and so on . I dont dislike any team i dislike players though... so i am just a huge fan how good it is if i were to watch live on any court in the nba... id probably cry after out of happiness..when kg got the ring i almost did. i know how it feels to win something that you've work for. thanks Blazers really hope am welcome here.

veilside23
07-17-2008, 09:54 PM

thanks sorry for the late reply .. and honestly aside from being you guys being active here you really seem to be all nice no BS. i really hope that even though its a long shot i want portland to go up against the celtics before kg retires however i do hope that when that happens i can go watch it live but i really have to work way way way way way hard its like i have to have 3 jobs to come up with the money :oldlol: to go there because i have 2 daughters and my wife. i want them to be with me and i know finals game is pretty expensive so its more of a longshot for me :oldlol:

Myth
07-17-2008, 11:02 PM
and honestly aside from being you guys being active here you really seem to be all nice no BS.

Yeah, it really is a great atmosphere here. A little chat every day. And people don't get attacked for having different opinions. You can say, "I disagree and here is why..." without some childish response. I can't recall anybody using name calling as a tactic here.

veilside23
07-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, it really is a great atmosphere here. A little chat every day. And people don't get attacked for having different opinions. You can say, "I disagree and here is why..." without some childish response. I can't recall anybody using name calling as a tactic here.

yup that's why i think rbp should really adopt our team :applause: dont worry i only name drop someone who is worth it ... i am really a friendly guy. and admit that i commit mistakes right away ..

Myth
07-18-2008, 12:02 AM
and admit that i commit mistakes right away ..

How do you mean?

veilside23
07-18-2008, 12:07 AM
How do you mean?

i mean if i offend someone or makes a wrong judgment i say sorry and admit that i am the one who is wrong. :cheers:

veilside23
07-18-2008, 12:17 AM
veilside23 signing off for the day.:sleeping

Myth
07-18-2008, 01:13 AM
i mean if i offend someone or makes a wrong judgment i say sorry and admit that i am the one who is wrong. :cheers:

Cool, glad to hear it.

BlazersDozen
07-18-2008, 09:04 AM
I remember JordanL called me something cuz I said LMA needs to get tougher and that I'm not sold on him.

HAHAHA

Aldridge Fan
07-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah, it really is a great atmosphere here. A little chat every day. And people don't get attacked for having different opinions. You can say, "I disagree and here is why..." without some childish response. I can't recall anybody using name calling as a tactic here.Yeah. Blazer fans stick together. :cheers:

RainierBeachPoet
07-21-2008, 02:20 PM
yup that's why i think rbp should really adopt our team :applause: dont worry i only name drop someone who is worth it ... i am really a friendly guy. and admit that i commit mistakes right away ..

there are a lot of guys posting here-- i like that

and it is the offseason, so these are the hardcore blazer fans-- imagine once the season starts!

veilside23
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM
yeah... RBP . am waiting for the season starts as well...

Good_lord
07-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi Blazer fans i'm from Denver and believe it or not i hate the Nuggets and love the Blazers and hope that the Blazers are gonna win it all in 2009!

BlazersDozen
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome!

Kumo
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Welcome mate.

Myth
07-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Hi Blazer fans i'm from Denver and believe it or not i hate the Nuggets and love the Blazers and hope that the Blazers are gonna win it all in 2009!

You hate the Nuggets AND are a Blazer fan? You are very welcome here :)

Ankel Breaker
08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Ever since nate got hired I have been keeping tabs on the blazers. Im a fan of oden and rudy fernandez. I will be cheering for the blazers and the grizzlies. Both teams have alot of young talent. Even though the blazers at this point are way ahead in terms of development. I like both squads

Myth
08-30-2008, 04:39 AM
Welcome. I hope to see you around. Its good to get perspectives of people that follow the team, yet have a different view point in that the Blazers are not their absolute favorite.

KeylessEntry
08-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Born and raised in SE Portland. When I was in 8th grade, my dad took me to see the 99-00 blazers a few times, ever since then I have been in love.

I recently moved down to the bay area for school, but Portland will forever be my team.

Ankel Breaker
08-30-2008, 04:36 PM
So who is going to play the point guard spot? Roy is better at the off guard imo. And bayless isnt a pure point either. So is there going to be a trade? Or will the blazers turn roy or bayless into their point guard?

AlaskaBlzDuk
08-30-2008, 07:02 PM
So who is going to play the point guard spot? Roy is better at the off guard imo. And bayless isnt a pure point either. So is there going to be a trade? Or will the blazers turn roy or bayless into their point guard?

How about 2 combo guards?

Kumo
08-30-2008, 08:21 PM
I think Steve Blake will take up the PG spot (hopefully).

blazerjimmy
08-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Glad to see so much participation. I'm going be looking at next season's schedule and figure out when I'm going to fly over to Portland for a game.

As for who will play the point guard position - I think Blake and Rodriguez are "true" point guards, but I believe the position will be played by committee - the two combo guard comment is right on target in my opinion.

Myth
08-31-2008, 01:28 PM
I see Blake, Roy, and Bayless alternating playing the PG position. I don't think Sergio will really be in the rotation, so his minutes will only come when the game is already decided.

Figlo
10-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm a Blazers fan and this is my first post :rockon: :hammertime: :rockon:

Myth
10-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Welcome, we can always use more fans :cheers:

madinventor
10-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Hi I'm new here I just wanted to say hi I'm from Beaverton OR, I was a Knicks fan for a long time but just started liking the Blazers 2yrs ago so now I'm a fan from here on GO Trailblazers!!!!!!

Myth
10-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Welcome. I hope that Knick fan in you stays down :cheers:

madinventor
10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
The Knicks fan in me is GONE and only a BLAZER fan remains

Myth
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Sounds good. Feel free to join in on any of the conversations in the forum.

Aldridge Fan
10-11-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm a Blazers fan and this is my first post :rockon: :hammertime: :rockon:Welcome Figlo and madinventor. :cheers: More Blazer fans. I like it. :D

RainierBeachPoet
10-29-2008, 04:15 PM
i went to an old buddy's house to watch the blazers-lakers game. i wore my ol sonics cap and he had a bunch of his sonic gear in the tv room

we were saying how strange it was to be at the first week of the nba and have no speculations regarding the upcoming year for the sonics

we had a beer in their memory

ok-- enough self pity

regarding the blazers-- we both are going to follow them this year. we like what the organization has put together plus seeing nate on the sidelines is comforting. we are glad HE didnt move to OKC

dont fret this first game, the blazers were nervous and dug too deep a hole in the first quarter. the lakers were at home and amped because the celts rose that banner earlier so they had extra motivation to play

oden's footwork looked solid and it doesnt bother me that he didnt score. he needs to get into nba shape and until that time, i suspend judgment either postive or negative

i think that aldridge is prepped to have a breakout year and fernandez is going to be a solid piece of the blazer puzzle

ps-- can someone pm me and let me know where jarret jack went-- i cant remember that summer move

Myth
10-29-2008, 05:01 PM
we like what the organization has put together plus seeing nate on the sidelines is comforting. we are glad HE didnt move to OKC

Thanks for the perspective on the game. I bet the Blazers sneaking Nate away from the Sonics looks like a little blessing in disguise to you now. It probably wasn't so great when it first happened, but things worked out in a sense. I still feel bad for you and your Sonics. I bought a blank Sonics jersey for $5 that I plan on bringing to the Blazers-Thunder game.

LAN
12-02-2008, 12:55 AM
I am new to the forum and this is my team, my favourite player is Aldridge and i honestly believe we can win the championship this year:confusedshrug:

Kumo
12-02-2008, 01:57 AM
They have looked good, but you can just tell from watching them that they are young and inexperienced. I'm just gonna hope for play-offs. You don't go from a .500 record to a championship in one year.

Myth
12-02-2008, 04:53 AM
I am new to the forum and this is my team, my favourite player is Aldridge and i honestly believe we can win the championship this year:confusedshrug:

Welcome to the forum. I hope you are right about a championship, but I highly doubt that we will get it this year.

PT1
12-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi All,
New to the board. Been a Blazer fan since 76. My only claim to fame was I got to shake Walton's hand at the airport during the playoff's of the championship year.

Suffered through the jailblazer years with the rest of you and I am excited about this new crop of kids.

Myth
12-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Welcome. Feel free to take a peak at existing threads and throw in your 2 cents. Or just start a new thread if you'd like to discuss something that doesn't fit in one of the threads you see.

shighkin
12-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey all I'm new here, my name is Sean and I'm 19 and I'm a freshman at the University of Oregon. I grew up in Portland so I've been rooting for the Blazers all my life. This forum looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to being a member here.

blazerftc
12-20-2008, 11:26 PM
Hey all I'm new here, my name is Sean and I'm 19 and I'm a freshman at the University of Oregon. I grew up in Portland so I've been rooting for the Blazers all my life. This forum looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to being a member here.

Good to have you here :)

BTW good game against the Pilots tonight at the Mac...

Myth
12-21-2008, 04:10 AM
Welcome shighkin.

BrandonRoyIsGod
12-28-2008, 12:59 AM
AWWWWWWWWWW SNAP! I have finally arrived...

Myth
12-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Welcome.

AznTacoLover
01-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Hello,my names Kiet (kit).And I love the blazers woot! :D

Myth
01-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Welcome Kiet.

AznTacoLover
01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Hello!

JJ81
02-05-2009, 06:42 PM
To Blazer Bandwagoners: "you hopped on the wrong wagon, boy!"

LaydVik05
03-27-2009, 04:49 AM
Umm, I've never posted here, but I've been part of this community for a while...
My name is Hope, and I lived in Oregon from 2002 - until October of 2008, and I've played basketball my whole life. I'm not all into college basketball, just NBA. I was a varsity girls basketball player in Salem, OR my freshman and sophomore year...and I live in Hawaii now where I continue to play. I'm a junior in high school now, and you'll see me post oftenly in the Portland game threads. :)

Favorite players on the team are Roy & Fernandez. :)

Maga_1
09-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey!

My name is Tiago, and I live in Portugal.
I'm 19 years old and I've been playing basketball since i was 8, and i played two times for the under 16 national team of Portugal.
I read a lot of things and i see many games of NBA, NCAA and european basketball.
Now i'm playing in the under 20 champ (like NCAA) but i'm also playing in the senior team,
I started seeing Portland since Sergio Rodriguez came to NBA, and i'm very sad for the trade. But i like the style that the team plays so i'm a huge fan of the Blazers :lol
My favorite players are Rudy and Roy but i'm excited to see Patrick Mills playing.

World B. Freaky
03-05-2010, 01:47 AM
New here! Doesn't seem like a really active Blazer group on here...too bad!

Myth
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
New here! Doesn't seem like a really active Blazer group on here...too bad!

Yeah. There are only about 4-5 really active Blazer fans that come specifically into the Blazer forum. But when somebody posts, something of note, there is usually at least a response from those 4-5 fans.

Kumo
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Talking about injuries gets old....

ferrari486
04-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Im new here and i love the blazers

C-A-T-S
04-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Blazers are my second favorite team. (we didn't have a team for a few years)

ferrari486
04-17-2010, 12:53 AM
every blazer fan needs to know this
http://www.whatifsports.com/nba_playoffs_2010/bracket.asp?r=4
:lol :oldlol: :D :roll: :cheers: :banana: :applause: :rockon: :party: