PDA

View Full Version : Jerryd Bayless-biggest bust of the draft

High Potential
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
This guy is going to bust hard. I'm sorry but I really do not see what everyone else is seeing in this kid. To me he just looks like an extremely undersized shooting guard who does nothing in big games. Why are people so high on this kid?

mehall2302
06-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Once again the NBA draft is all about POTENTIAL. He has great potential and showed it by being the #4 freshman scorer this year in a very good freshman class from the PG position. He has all the tools to be a star in the league. Eve wonder why teams were so high on Tyrus Thomas just because of 2 games in the NCAA tournament?, because I sure did..

TarHeelBorn
06-24-2008, 07:43 PM
And the guy posting this "fact" has a pic of Darko as his avatar...

D-Rose
06-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Bayless reminds me of Arenas for some reason.

Bayless is actually a potential sleeper IMO...his stock has been falling only because others' has been rising. He is looking to fall out of the top ten potentially.

I hope Minnesota choose Love or B Lopez so I we can see Durant,Mayo,and Green in Seattle.

Ian
06-24-2008, 08:15 PM
And the guy posting this "fact" has a pic of Darko as his avatar...

Haha. No kidding.

Posterize246
06-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Bayless reminds me of Arenas for some reason.

Bayless is actually a potential sleeper IMO...his stock has been falling only because others' has been rising. He is looking to fall out of the top ten potentially.

I hope Minnesota choose Love or B Lopez so I we can see Durant,Mayo,and Green in Seattle.
Bayless isn't falling out of the top 10. He can be compared to Arenas because he's a shoot first pg of similar size, not to mention he also went to Arizona. A "sleeper" is more someone who becomes a really good player that you pick up in the 20s or more. Can't call a top 10 guy a "sleeper" when a lot of people already expect him to be good.

mehall2302
06-24-2008, 09:33 PM
If you are looking for a bust in this draft, expect it to be one of the 7 footers.
I see Kwame Brown all over again in a few of them.

danumber88
06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Probably will turn into Raymond Felton

monthh
06-25-2008, 01:16 AM
I see him being somewhere between Jason Terry (16 and 5) and Gilbert Arenas (23 and 6). He just really needs to work on his basketball IQ more than anything. He has all the physical tools to be just as good as Deron Williams (with 2 more years in college he could have been much bigger), but with an already great shot. He just needs to play, work hard, and learn as much as he can.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
06-25-2008, 10:06 PM
This guy is going to bust hard. I'm sorry but I really do not see what everyone else is seeing in this kid. To me he just looks like an extremely undersized shooting guard who does nothing in big games. Why are people so high on this kid?hahahaha They said the same thing about Arenas and J.Terry. They turned out ok.

Posterize246
06-25-2008, 10:09 PM
hahahaha They said the same thing about Arenas and J.Terry. They turned out ok.
I couldn't even read your post. Your homo avatar was in the way:D

Efunk7
06-26-2008, 11:21 AM
how is bayless anymore a bust than eric gordon or russell westbrook...i swear some people are f'in stupid...

and to the post above me, bayless' upside is a better shooting monta ellis or more athletic chauncey billups...i would say jason terry is his worst scenario...

and his shooting %'s are the most impressive for all the top guards in the draft...and mentally soft? are you kidding me? dude is a competitor - call budinger mentally soft maybe, but bayless is far from it...and comparing him to jon scheyer physically is more than a stretch...dude turns out taller than rose, and a 1/2 - 1 inch shorter than mayo, gordon, and westbrook, and he is bulkier than both rose and westbrook...i do agree that he is not a true point, but he is more so than westbrook or gordon and about the same or better as mayo in that regard...

zonalrg22
06-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Bayless is mentally soft, and he won't score to easy in the league.

Stop.

How on Earth could you make a claim like this? Because of his one year he spent at UA where he single-handedly took that disaster of a situation to the NCAA tournament? Growing up in AZ, dude always had the reputation of being as mentally tough as they come and NEVER backing down from anyone.

The only time(s) I have seen JB crumble under the pressure were during Arizona's games against USC, where I felt Mayo completely took him out of the game. However, I don't think two bad games stigmatize JB as a "mentally soft player."

InspiredLebowski
06-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Personally, I'd LOVE for Indy to get Bayless at 11.

I think the biggest bust is going to be Koufos.

Posterize246
06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Personally, I'd LOVE for Indy to get Bayless at 11.

I think the biggest bust is going to be Koufos.
Softest player in the draft. Won't get over 7.5rpg as a starting center in the league.

InspiredLebowski
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Softest player in the draft. Won't get over 7.5rpg as a starting center in the league.

Indeed. If Kosta Koufos is your starting center, your team sucks. He couldn't get a shot off from the post in the Big 10, how's he going to in the NBA? Chad Ford has Indy taking him at 11. If that happened, I'd drive the hour to Indy to the draft party where Bird's speaking after the draft and heckle the **** out of him.

Posterize246
06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Indeed. If Kosta Koufos is your starting center, your team sucks. He couldn't get a shot off from the post in the Big 10, how's he going to in the NBA? Chad Ford has Indy taking him at 11. If that happened, I'd drive the hour to Indy to the draft party where Bird's speaking after the draft and heckle the **** out of him.
I doubt he's going that high...but who knows?

InspiredLebowski
06-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I doubt he's going that high...but who knows?
I have him at 14 to Golden State, but I think even that's too high. If I were a GM I wouldn't take him over 20. We'll see. The anticipation is killing me.

i seen hippos
06-26-2008, 06:19 PM
This guy is going to bust hard. I'm sorry but I really do not see what everyone else is seeing in this kid. To me he just looks like an extremely undersized shooting guard who does nothing in big games. Why are people so high on this kid?

You just guaranteed his success. Nice.

Interminator
06-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Nicolas Batum=Softest player in the Draft

Koufos=Bargnani

Posterize246
06-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Nicolas Batum=Softest player in the Draft

Koufos=Bargnani
Ehh...a 7 footer who got 0 rebounds in a game against Coppin State is always gonna get my vote. Soft wings can still start in this league. Soft centers can't.

veilside23
06-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Probably will turn into Raymond Felton

bayless will be better than felton for sure..

Interminator
06-26-2008, 06:40 PM
bayless will be better than felton for sure..
I see Bayless becoming a cross between Felton/Barbosa at PG.

Interminator
06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Ehh...a 7 footer who got 0 rebounds in a game against Coppin State is always gonna get my vote. Soft wings can still start in this league. Soft centers can't.
I've seen Coppin State play multiple times,those guys really bang in the post.

Koufos should've taken the $5 Million per year contract he was offered in Greece and played over there for maybe 1 or 2 years and then entered the NBA Draft as a more polished prospect.

Posterize246
06-26-2008, 06:48 PM
I've seen Coppin State play multiple times,those guys really bang in the post.

Koufos should've taken the $5 Million per year contract he was offered in Greece and played over there for maybe 1 or 2 years and then entered the NBA Draft as a more polished prospect.
I don't care if they had Tim Duncan, Dennis Rodman, and Barkley down low. Your 7 foot? Grab a board

Lebron23
06-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Kevin Love is the biggest busts of the 2008 NBA Draft, and i do not think he will be as good as Prime Tom Gugliotta.

kumquat
07-19-2008, 12:20 PM
lets bump this mofo :oldlol:

Interminator
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
1.Russell Westbrook
2.George Hill
3.Robin Lopez

Those are my picks for now.

statman32
07-20-2008, 01:00 AM
lets bump this mofo :oldlol:
Lets bump it 1 more time. :roll:

Killer_Instinct
07-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Well Damn.

shaoyut
07-20-2008, 03:32 AM
:roll: at high potential bayless was a steal not a bust darko was a big big bust

Bulls2333
07-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Bayless is looking to be one of the better picks out of the draft. He scored 36 points Vs. Phoenix in the summer league...if he can ball like that on summer league squad, he should be fine in the NBA. And yes, I know, it's just summer league, but if a player starts dominating, you have to see the promise in their game on the next level.

When Bayless plays with the actual Blazers line-up, he's looking to be a facilitator. A facilitator who is an offense threat also, that's a dangerous combo. I can't believe you don't think so. We'll see after the season, though. My prediction, he's talked about for Rookie of the Year.

ndPac
07-20-2008, 04:47 PM
He can get to the line at will and will shoot a very good percentage. somewhere like 85%...he will hardly bust and will be one of the top 5 from this rookie class. Especially with being on such a good team, he is in the best situtation out of any rookie.

Will be interesting to see how Portland uses him. I am guessing they use him as a scorer also and not just a pure pg like they were trying to turn him into because Roy can handle the ball and make good decisons in half court sets. He kinda reminds me of a Pippen type player. So I could see him bringing the ball up and then it usually going to Roy's hands then Roy will distribute from there with Bayless looking for his shot more than assisting.

Mr_Basketball#1
07-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Bayless isn't falling out of the top 10. He can be compared to Arenas because he's a shoot first pg of similar size, not to mention he also went to Arizona. A "sleeper" is more someone who becomes a really good player that you pick up in the 20s or more. Can't call a top 10 guy a "sleeper" when a lot of people already expect him to be good.
FAIL!

danumber88
07-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Beastly 29.5 ppg.

Posterize246
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
FAIL!
:roll: luck

baseketball4life
07-28-2008, 08:32 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

what a retard

JordanL
07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

what a retard

Hahaha...

This thread is EPIC FAIL.

Grizzled Mayo
07-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Bayless was killin in the summer league

BBallGuru08
07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
History will tell you that a 6'3 combo guard with very little point guard skills, such as Bayless or Monta Ellis for that matter, that their succession rate at the next level is very low. Guys like Gilbert Arenas have point guard skills and could easily dish out 8 assists per game if he wanted to, but he much rather score 30 a game instead. Guys like Bayless and Monta are both 4-5 assists a game kind of players and if you put them at the 2 guard, they'll more than likely fail since they can't guard their position. For every Gilbert Arenas, Allen Iverson, or Tony Parker, there is one of these guys...

Ben Gordon, Eddie House, Cuttino Mobley, Luther Head, Leanhdro Barbosa, Marcus Hatten, Daniel Ewing, Daniel Gibson, AJ Guyton, Dejuan Wagner, Louis Williams, Sarunas Jaskevicious, Randy Foye, Juan Dixon, Tony Allen, Salim Stoudamire, Delonte West, Jason Terry, Mo Williams, Charlie Bell, Rashad McCants, Devin Harris, Kenyon Dooling, Mike James, Nate Robinson, Willie Green, Royal Ivey, Quincy Douby, Dee Brown, Antonio Daniels

KNOW1EDGE
07-31-2008, 03:18 PM
Bayless has wayyy better pg skills than Monta Ellis.

We havent even gotten a chance to see what Bayless can do running the point next to Roy, Aldridge and Oden.

Im not gonna judge Bayless good or bad until i see him play with the blazers.

Summer league means nothing, and he didnt get a chance to showcase his pg skills at Arizona.

veilside23
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u59/wolfclown1/fail.jpg

Posterize246
08-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm confused...is everyone bustin his balls because of how Jerryd performed in summer league?

statman32
08-09-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm confused...is everyone bustin his balls because of how Jerryd performed in summer league?
No one is busting his balls yet. The summer league performance is just a tease of what he will get when the regular season starts.

High Potential
08-10-2008, 04:25 AM
I did not fail people. Guys like Rafael Araujo have a history of dominating in summer league. It don't mean ISH till he does it in the NBA.