PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's police badges taken away

bladefd
06-24-2008, 04:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3459208

PHOENIX -- Shaquille O'Neal will lose his special deputy's badge in Maricopa County because of language he used in a rap video that mocks former teammate Kobe Bryant....
"I want his two badges back," Arpaio told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they're fired. I don't condone this type of racial conduct."

Arpaio, who describes himself as "America's Toughest Sheriff" and is best known for feeding jail inmates green bologna, clothing them in pink underwear, and making them work on chain gangs, said he didn't expect his actions would teach Shaq a lesson. But he hoped he learns that as a role model who wants to someday be a full-time sheriff, he needs to know his words matter.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

edit: Somebody commented ""Shaq, tell me how my ### taste" - Sheriff Joe Arpaio" in the comments of the article. LOL

ihatetimthomas
06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
HAH! Thats some funny shyt. He deserves to lose his badges

LBJ 4 MVP
06-24-2008, 04:32 PM
:roll: So policemen arent allowed to rap? What Shaq did was all in fun, and not meant to diss anyone. It was to entertain. What's wrong with that?

TheAnswer
06-24-2008, 04:33 PM
LOL

blasian
06-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Lmao, so the cops can get away with shooting an unarmed dude but if he makes a freestyle he gets thrown off the force. The police chief must be a Kobe fan. :D

Interminator
06-24-2008, 04:36 PM
:roll: So policemen arent allowed to rap? What Shaq did was all in fun, and not meant to diss anyone. It was to entertain. What's wrong with that?
Actually police men aren't allowed to have fun,that's why most spend their free time at the bars drinking or harrassing innocent people for the sake of it.

Trax416
06-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Lmao, so the cops can get away with shooting an unarmed dude but if he makes a freestyle he gets thrown off the force. The police chief must be a Kobe fan. :D

More police are killed in the line of duty each year, then criminals from police.

take that cop bashing BS somewhere else.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-24-2008, 04:39 PM

edit: Somebody commented ""Shaq, tell me how my ### taste" - Sheriff Joe Arpaio" in the comments of the article. LOL

??? and shaq's not allowed to make a rap song...:wtf:

DuMa
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
lol thats pretty sad. everyone is blowin this **** way out of proportion

Interminator
More police are killed in the line of duty each year, then criminals from police.

Really?

Because here in Baltimore it's become a weekly thing for a man to be shot and killed by the police.

Link?

plat1numX

Obviously it was meant to diss someone....it's stupid that they are taking his badge though

bdreason
I'm guessing the racial line about a "white guy being more niggga than me" is what did it.

~LA's fine$t~
06-24-2008, 04:42 PM
:roll: That is very lame.

Dasher
06-24-2008, 04:42 PM
This is getting more funny by the minute.

ihatetimthomas
06-24-2008, 04:43 PM
lol thats pretty sad. everyone is blowin this **** way out of proportion

If a regular policeman made any type of racial remark, jokingly or not, there would be repercussions. Why should Shaq get a double standard just because he is Shaq? It makes them look bad as a whole

blasian

No cop-bashing, just commenting on the ridiculousness of taking away his badge for a mere joke. I'd say more but I don't wanna turn this thread into a Sean Bell debate.

bigkingsfan
What a great offseason so far...

blasian
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
If a regular policeman made any time or racial remark, jokingly or not, there would be repercussions. Why should Shaq get a double standard just because he is Shaq? It makes them look bad as a whole

If you don't think cops make insensitive jokes to each other in their downtime, you're delusional. They're people, not robots.

ihatetimthomas
06-24-2008, 04:46 PM
If you don't think cops make insensitive jokes to each other in their downtime, you're delusional. They're people, not robots.

Hello dude, cops say what they want in their downtime obviously. Its a little different when you are rapping it and it is filmed on TV and shown on national television

yeesterbunny
06-24-2008, 04:47 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tarik One
06-24-2008, 04:48 PM

More innocent people are harassed by police than police are harassed by people EACH DAY.

SoCalMike
06-24-2008, 04:48 PM
What goes around, comes around...

:pimp:

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-24-2008, 04:49 PM
now that's what the fck i call a chain reaction

blasian
Hello dude, cops say what they want in their downtime obviously. Its a little different when you are rapping it and it is filmed on TV and shown on national television

You said that if any cop made any type of racial joke there'd be repercussions. Going by what you said, shouldnt matter if they're on Tv or not.

LBJ 4 MVP
Obviously it was meant to diss someone....it's stupid that they are taking his badge though
So you're telling me that he doesnt like Kobe, Ewing and Kareem and he took those shots at them to intentionally hurt their feelings. You're sorely mistaken if that's what you think.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Shaq Is Getting Roasted On Rome Is Burning.

PK3434
06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Really?

Because here in Baltimore it's become a weekly thing for a man to be shot and killed by the police.

Link?

and many times, the person is shot in the back by police.

Interminator
06-24-2008, 04:54 PM
and many times, the person is shot in the back by police.
Because he was supposedly reaching for a weapon by turning away from the police and trying to walk away.:rolleyes:

Pigs make me sick,I'm bout to get my Uncle Murda on :roll: :roll: :roll:

Also it seems that black people are zombies in the eyes of the police,1 bullet doesn't do the trick they need upwards of 40.:confusedshrug:

ihatetimthomas
06-24-2008, 04:54 PM
You said that if any cop made any type of racial joke there'd be repercussions. Going by what you said, shouldnt matter if they're on Tv or not.

Are you so dim, you do not undestand the context in what I said? If any cop made a racial remark that made it to media, then there are going to be consequences. No shyt people are human beings and say stuff intheir down time. But if something makes it to the media like that, then it is a reflection of their station as a whole, and they can't act like they condone that type of behavior

plat1numX
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM
So you're telling me that he doesnt like Kobe, Ewing and Kareem and he took those shots at them to intentionally hurt their feelings. You're sorely mistaken if that's what you think.

i dont care if he doesnt like them or not, he dissed them period.

highwhey
06-24-2008, 04:58 PM
wow, real bs, what about those policemen in scottsdale(same county) that got caught using steroids, they never got laid off, yet 1 man makes a rap and he's off? wtf

arpio gtfo, nobody likes you anyways.:rolleyes:

lakerfreak
06-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Is he gonna blame Kobe for that in another rap?

mlh1981
06-24-2008, 04:59 PM
He can just find some new toy badges at the bottom of a box of cereal or something.........

statman32
06-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Please do not give this story any publicity. Sheriff Joe Arpario is the biggest joke in Arizona. He will do anything he can to get some publicty. Not only is he racist he's the biggest prick in Arizona. This actually disgusts me. You don't realize how many people hate this ass hole in Arizona

Rab
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Please do not give this story any publicity. Sheriff Joe Arpario is the biggest joke in Arizona. He will do anything he can to get some publicty. Not only is he racist he's the biggest prick in Arizona. This actually disgusts me. You don't realize how many people hate this ass hole in Arizona
I agree, but there are a lot who support him as well.

LBJ 4 MVP
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM
I guess he should have never gotten his badges anyways because of that freestyle on Vlade Divac in the '01 Finals :rolleyes:

statman32
06-24-2008, 05:13 PM
I agree, but there are a lot who support him as well.
Yes senile old folks like himself, people that want illigal immigration stopped anyways possible including using racial profiling, people who think there are no other good candietes because Arpario accuses the other candandite of raping there own mother.

**** Arpario

Rab
06-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes senile old folks like himself, people that want illigal immigration stopped anyways possible including using racial profiling, people who think there are no other good candietes because Arpario accuses the other candandite of raping there own mother.

**** Arpario
Oh yeah, well the girl in my avatar is hotter than yours. :cheers:

Just kidding. Again, I agree.

schyza
06-24-2008, 05:28 PM

I don’t know about biggest joke in AZ Napolitano is no saint nether is Phil Gordon:D But I will agree that Sheriff Joe is one hell of a grand stander when it comes to the media.:cheers:

One thing I was wondering was Shaq’s a volunteer Tempe Police officer so did the 2 Tempe Police Officers that appeared to stereotype 2 black guys by asking them to rap in order to get out of a ticket a few months back get suspended or fired? I can’t seem to remember.
:confusedshrug:

plat1numX
06-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Kobe tell me how my ass taste.....its catchy

MaxFly
06-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Lol, Shaq stays losing... This is all Bryant's fault.

highwhey
06-24-2008, 05:51 PM

**** Arpario
^^^

I can't tell you how many times I've been pulled over...yes I'm hispanic. Yesterday I was doing 55 in a 60 Highway, going behind everyone, there were cars driving faster than me, yet I got pulled over. Car is ours, plates are to date, nothing was wrong...except me, yes I got asked if I was legal :(

Killer_Instinct
06-24-2008, 05:59 PM
:oldlol: Damn...Somehow this will be Kobe's fault.

Voulnet
06-24-2008, 06:15 PM
LOL at the stupid immature haters! :lol
So Shaq's rap was funny (it was just a little bit, but also stupid), however losing his badge is not funny and is against freedom of speech? HAHAHA
You haters are losing it.
Somewhere Steve Nash and Amare are crossing their fingers waiting for their Shaq Dissing time.
The Phoenix Suns fandom deserves it, though.

ShowtymeCA2NC
06-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Phuk tha cops!!!!

Anti404
06-24-2008, 06:22 PM
I wish more people were shot by cops.
Wait, what?

Oh, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio, though I've only seen him once(on Glenn Beck), seemed to be incredibly racist, specifically against Hispanics. He's pretty awful, I'd think.

KokeAyne
06-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Lol at the douche bag calling himself "americas toughest sheriff", hes obviously full of himself.

And feeding inmates "green bologna" im sure falls under the category of "cruel and unusual punishment". You cant make someone eat spoiled food.

icemanfan
06-24-2008, 06:41 PM
If a regular policeman made any type of racial remark, jokingly or not, there would be repercussions. Why should Shaq get a double standard just because he is Shaq? It makes them look bad as a whole
brother you should know better than to try and use knowledge, logic and factual information when posting here at ISH. I agree but then I too use knowledge, logic and factual information...and get slammed for it.

icemanfan
06-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Lol at the douche bag calling himself "americas toughest sheriff", hes obviously full of himself.

And feeding inmates "green bologna" im sure falls under the category of "cruel and unusual punishment". You cant make someone eat spoiled food.
He did not give himself the title other people did. As for the food the green portion is food coloring (dye). I have no idea what purpose it is supose to serve though.

KokeAyne
06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
He did not give himself the title other people did. As for the food the green portion is food coloring (dye). I have no idea what purpose it is supose to serve though.

Well thats what the article said, Im just going off that.

highwhey
06-24-2008, 06:51 PM

He's an attention whore, a racist and a complete waste of a sheriff. Because of him, cops are allowed to ask people with brown faces as to what their legal status is in this country. You think that's fair? That's very offensive to some of us. Racial profiling is a huge problem down here, Arpio has only encouraged it. If I'm caught J-walking, I can legally be asked if I'm illegal or not. That's BS. This goes beyond taking Shaq's badge away.

JalenRawley
06-24-2008, 06:52 PM

Arpaio is a screaming ass*hole, so this isn't surprising at all. I first heard of him from a friend who was busted in AZ with a miniscule amount of smoke, but it was enough to get the book thrown at him. Then, Penn and Teller's show did a spot on him. Arpaio is like every arrogant ass*hole father, coach or supervisor rolled up into one, and he thinks his sh*t doesn't stink. There is a wikipedia page about him, but I haven't read through it yet. After I hit "Submit Post" I will be though.

I'm no Shaq supporter, don't get me wrong. It could've been anyone on the other end of this. Take anything involving Joe Arpaio with a really big grain of salt and a hefty eye roll. :rolleyes:

ihatetimthomas
06-24-2008, 06:56 PM
brother you should know better than to try and use knowledge, logic and factual information when posting here at ISH. I agree but then I too use knowledge, logic and factual information...and get slammed for it.

Yea i guess i shouldve known logical arguments dont always go by well in this place

jrong
06-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Karma's a ***** ain't it, MDE. Well get ready for Shaq to throw the Phoenix Sheriff's Department under the bus next to the Magic, Lakers, and Heat.

statman32
06-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Karma's a ***** ain't it, MDE. Well get ready for Shaq to throw the Phoenix Sheriff's Department under the bus next to the Magic, Lakers, and Heat.
If only there was something called the Phoenixs Sheriff Department.

Do not make this into a cop thing, this is done by a senile old man. I'm actually surprised Shaq dealt with him in the first place. I heard a story about him working with the Tempe Pd but never the Maricopa County Sheriffs Department.

sixerfan82
06-24-2008, 07:28 PM
rofl, nice

SmackOrH.A.K
06-24-2008, 09:56 PM
I wish more people were shot by cops.
Wait, what?

Oh, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio, though I've only seen him once(on Glenn Beck), seemed to be incredibly racist, specifically against Hispanics. He's pretty awful, I'd think.
Racist for sure...he has thrown a bunch of illegal mexicans in jail and is damn well proud of it.

He considers it an honor to be compared to the KKK.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VFTUQ71Aq0o&feature=related

statman32
06-24-2008, 10:24 PM
In October 2005, Arpaio started mandatory two-week English classes for non-English-speaking inmates at his jails. Classes last two hours a day. The curriculum comprises the three branches of government, how a bill becomes law, state government, law enforcement and court services, and jailhouse "situational" terminology. At the end of the two-week course, inmates are required to take a test to see how well they have learned about American government, the words to God Bless America, and the communication of health and safety needs. In response to critics, Arpaio responded, "These inmates happen to be incarcerated in the United States of America and in Maricopa County where I run the jails. We speak English here, not foreign languages."

[QUOTE]Arpaio set-up a "Tent City" as an extension of the Maricopa County Jail ( [show location on an interactive map] 33

omarnyc
06-24-2008, 10:40 PM
shaq dont need to be runnin round like a big azz rent-a-cop anyway,eff the police. if the phoenix suns is not sweatin this man havin a lil fun on his free time and they actually pay him, why is his hobby job buggin?

highwhey
06-24-2008, 11:24 PM
:roll:
yes...he's the fidel castro of Arizona.

icemanfan
06-24-2008, 11:33 PM
He's an attention whore, a racist and a complete waste of a sheriff. Because of him, cops are allowed to ask people with brown faces as to what their legal status is in this country. You think that's fair? That's very offensive to some of us. Racial profiling is a huge problem down here, Arpio has only encouraged it. If I'm caught J-walking, I can legally be asked if I'm illegal or not. That's BS. This goes beyond taking Shaq's badge away.
I did not say anything about him being possitive or negative as a person or a cop. BTW Yo soy mejicano.

chopchop20
06-25-2008, 11:08 AM
This story just keeps getting more hilarious.

Rasheed1
06-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Im glad Shaq got his badge taken away.. he didnt need to be working for them anyway....

Now he can freestyle about Kobe all he wants.....

His hit "kobe, tell me how my ass tastes" need a remix anyway :oldlol:

highwhey
06-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I did not say anything about him being possitive or negative as a person or a cop. BTW Yo soy mejicano.

:rockon:

DKLaker
06-25-2008, 02:05 PM
The Chief just said "Shaq, how's my Badge taste".