PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant's Workout Schedule

hotsizzle
08-25-2006, 05:56 PM
After searching and searching, I finally found Kobe's workout schedule. Found it on another forum from an insider who supposedly got the training schedule from one of kobe's trainers who he met at the LA sports club. This was also backed up by another insider..so anyways, take it for what its worth but here it is:

This workout was the one that supposedly bulked kobe up and added alot of muscle:

Its called the 666 workout. 6 hours a day, 6 days a week, 6 months a year.

Consists of:
2 hours of running
2 hours of basketball
1 hour of Cardio (boxing, jump rope, etc)
1 hour of Weights which are listed below:

Day 1 & Day 4
Bench press
Lat pull-downs
Incline press
Military press
Abdominal crunches

Day 2 & Day 5
Lateral dumbbell raises
Bar dips
Tricep press-downs
Bicep curls
Abdominal crunches

Day 3 & Day 6
Back squats/Front squats
Leg curls
Leg extensions
Calf raises
Abdominal crunches

Also an important thing to know is that Kobe focused on plyometric more than anything, which for those who dont know is a method to develop explosive power.

AIR SETH
08-25-2006, 05:59 PM
This is a great find Sizzle, Thank a lot man. I would give you more rep but I have to spread it around first.

I read that Kobe used a lot of the training techniques that Lance Armstrong used to increase his conditioning and stamina. Is that also included in this?

I should use this work-out, again thanks Sizzle.

bleedinpurple
08-25-2006, 06:01 PM
nice job.

hotsizzle
08-25-2006, 06:05 PM
This is a great find Sizzle, Thank a lot man. I would give you more rep but I have to spread it around first.

I read that Kobe used a lot of the training techniques that Lance Armstrong used to increase his conditioning and stamina. Is that also included in this?

I should use this work-out, again thanks Sizzle.

Theres probably such excersises under cardio and running...but i couldnt find the specific excersises like what exactly he did other than weight excersises.

you're welcomed man...yea im think bout rockin this too..at least the weights part lol.

bleedinpurple
08-25-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm working on my 12-ounce curls. you think Kobe does those?

jailer
08-25-2006, 10:14 PM
you guys are freaking obsessed with kobe good baller and all but you guys are freaking stalkers.:wtf:

bleedinpurple
08-25-2006, 10:28 PM
you guys are freaking obsessed with kobe good baller and all but you guys are freaking stalkers.:wtf:

dude, you can't just pop in and make such a statement. there's history here. some laker-hater came around saying Kobe's workout schedule was BS and that it wasn't any different than anyone elses. So someone kindly did some research to find out what exactly he does.

so, please leave.

mavsfan4zindagi
08-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Kobe's always been a gym rat. He isn't as talented as guys like Tmac and VCarter, but his superior work ethic(especially compared to them) is what seperates him from them.

He needs to keep up with this though, cause he isn't getting any younger.

SoCalMike
08-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Dang, if thats his workout schedule, that dude is an animal! And I thought I was in decent shape!

lakerfreak
08-26-2006, 01:53 AM
Kobe's always been a gym rat. He isn't as talented as guys like Tmac and VCarter, but his superior work ethic(especially compared to them) is what seperates him from them.

I think hes more talented than vince and tied with McGrady.

he started playin since he was 4

lakerfreak
08-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Hotsizzle do u also have Kanye's workout plan Video?
:roll: :hammerhead:

kobedaman24
08-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Kobe's always been a gym rat. He isn't as talented as guys like Tmac
Talented as T-Mac? and his back? T-Mac doesnt have moves like Kobe, if he did he would have been invited to play for the USA team.

bleedinpurple
08-26-2006, 03:45 PM

Kobe is easily more talented tha Tmac and VCarter. Check out the history of who makes all first-team D and who does not.

hotsizzle
08-27-2006, 05:43 AM

kobe's extreme work ethic = him not being as talented as other guys. good conclusion. rather than tellin us why you think so, you're makin an inference that since kobe works so hard, hes not as talented. nice.

you know why kobe works so hard? because he wont accpet failure. he thirves in what he does and he lives off of basketball. hes willing to go whatever distance it might be to be the best. he could easily lay back like wince and chill but he cant accept that..he doesnt want to waste his talents and abilities

*LAKERS_3_PETE*
08-27-2006, 03:16 PM
There's noone in the league that's more dedicated to his work out schedule than kobe, the kobester has always been seen coming to the arena a couple hours ahead of game time for shoot arounds and light running to get the blood flowing and he's always one of the last ones to leave the building.This dude is a fine physical speciman, a well spoken gentleman and a devoted family man, there was only 1 thing:cry: kobe did wrong and we all know what that was commiting adultry:hammerhead: and that's nothing out of the ordinary considering most guys on planet earth repeatedly does it so often.So if I was kobe I'd continue to work out hard to stay in shape to look good for my hot, beautiful and sexy wife vanessa lane and never cheat on her again cause that would be a downgrade considering how f***n' hot vanessa:rockon: really is !!!

mavsfan4zindagi
08-27-2006, 03:41 PM
kobe's extreme work ethic = him not being as talented as other guys. good conclusion. rather than tellin us why you think so, you're makin an inference that since kobe works so hard, hes not as talented. nice.

you know why kobe works so hard? because he wont accpet failure. he thirves in what he does and he lives off of basketball. hes willing to go whatever distance it might be to be the best. he could easily lay back like wince and chill but he cant accept that..he doesnt want to waste his talents and abilities

My post wasn't meant to be a shot at Kobe, but seeing as how sensitive you Laker fans are, I should have seen this coming.

If Kobe is so much more talented then those guys, then why is it that he has the extreme work ethic? If he's so much more talented then TMac/Carter then he shouldn't have to bust his butt to be the best right? Those guys have been known to have weak work ethics and yet they're top swingmen in the league. Every wondered why? Cause they have globs of talent that makes up for the lack of work.

Again, I'm not trying to diss him or anything. I think he's one of the most talented players in the league, but I don't think he is as talented as some of those guys. Its his great work habit that seperates him from the rest of the pack.

mavsfan4zindagi
08-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Kobe is easily more talented tha Tmac and VCarter. Check out the history of who makes all first-team D and who does not.

That is a result of his hard work and their lack of it. Has nothing to do with talent.

hotsizzle
08-27-2006, 03:54 PM
My post wasn't meant to be a shot at Kobe, but seeing as how sensitive you Laker fans are, I should have seen this coming.

If Kobe is so much more talented then those guys, then why is it that he has the extreme work ethic? If he's so much more talented then TMac/Carter then he shouldn't have to bust his butt to be the best right? Those guys have been known to have weak work ethics and yet they're top swingmen in the league. Every wondered why? Cause they have globs of talent that makes up for the lack of work.

Again, I'm not trying to diss him or anything. I think he's one of the most talented players in the league, but I don't think he is as talented as some of those guys. Its his great work habit that seperates him from the rest of the pack.

are you questioning why a guy works so hard???

mavsfan4zindagi
08-27-2006, 04:05 PM

I'm not questioning anything.

I agree that he works hard because he wants to be the best. But I also think he works extra hard because he isn't as talented as the other guys.

TMac/Carter can have a weak work ethic and still be one of the top swingmen in the league. That is because they have tons of talent to makeup for being lazy.

Its ok to admit that Kobe isn't the most talented guy in the league.

LakersDynasty
08-27-2006, 05:28 PM

I agree that he works hard because he wants to be the best. But I also think he works extra hard because he isn't as talented as the other guys.

TMac/Carter can have a weak work ethic and still be one of the top swingmen in the league. That is because they have tons of talent to makeup for being lazy.

Why don't you stay in the Mavs forum from now on? Oh right, it's dead there. Get out and stay out.

bleedinpurple
08-27-2006, 05:57 PM
That is a result of his hard work and their lack of it. Has nothing to do with talent.

why do we bother with you? it must be our inherent need to educate.
Solid D requires serious talent, much of it mental (yes, mental strength is an element of "talent"). but if D isn't enuf for you, check out first and second team all-star.

mavsfan4zindagi
08-27-2006, 09:41 PM
why do we bother with you? it must be our inherent need to educate.
Solid D requires serious talent, much of it mental (yes, mental strength is an element of "talent"). but if D isn't enuf for you, check out first and second team all-star.

So by your logic, Bruce Bowen must be one of the most talented players in the league and Lebron James is trash.

You have to work hard to play D.

lakerfreak
08-28-2006, 06:19 AM
So by your logic, Bruce Bowen must be one of the most talented players in the league and Lebron James is trash.

well thats a bad example, Bowen doesnt have acrobatic moves.

Guys like Kobe can really put it in the hoop when they are feeling hot.

And the reason why Kobe works a lot harder than the other guys like you say is because he needs to average 40 + mins per nite.
The other guys at least have what u would call a decent bench.

Were not quite there yet but were getting there.

bleedinpurple
08-28-2006, 09:46 AM

crap for brains...did I say that it was ONLY D? No. geeeez. Bruce Bowen IS very talented. Obviously so is Lebron. please kid, read what was written before you respond with your drivel.

Kobe24
08-28-2006, 10:41 AM

Can you leave this forum? Shiiit

Heilige
08-28-2006, 07:50 PM

I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think?

AIR SETH
08-28-2006, 08:52 PM
I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think?

The top Sports Psycologist in North America says there is no such thing as talent. Everything that you get as a person in sport comes from work and practice. The only thing you can really be blessed with is a big athletic body. Like Kobe, Vince, and T-Mac.

Heilige
08-29-2006, 06:33 PM
The top Sports Psycologist in North America says there is no such thing as talent. Everything that you get as a person in sport comes from work and practice. The only thing you can really be blessed with is a big athletic body. Like Kobe, Vince, and T-Mac.

How do you explain Jordan? I'm pretty sure he was born with talent.

dblockallstars
08-29-2006, 06:37 PM
How do you explain Jordan? I'm pretty sure he was born with talent.
he was BORN, or eventually grew 2 have a big athletic body, but he was known for his extremely hard work ethic as well, that's y he's 1 of the best...

Kobe4MVP
08-29-2006, 10:35 PM

Name one thing T-Mac or Vince can do better than Kobe. Kobe is a more talented shooter, finisher, passer, defender, leader, winner.... the list goes on. Vince may be able to jump a hair higher and is definitely a much more talented whiner, but that's about it. T-Mac doesn't have any skills anywhere close to Kobe's level.

lakerfreak
08-30-2006, 03:55 AM
Name one thing T-Mac or Vince can do better than Kobe. Kobe is a more talented shooter, finisher, passer, defender, leader, winner.... the list goes on. Vince may be able to jump a hair higher and is definitely a much more talented whiner, but that's about it. T-Mac doesn't have any skills anywhere close to Kobe's level.

No competition

Kobe> Tmac VC

hotsizzle
08-31-2006, 04:53 AM
btw, no one is born with anything. what you work for is what you get...

Heilige
08-31-2006, 07:10 PM
btw, no one is born with anything. what you work for is what you get...

If that was true MJ wouldn't be a better player than Kobe. Kobe works just as hard as MJ if not harder.

dblockallstars
08-31-2006, 09:08 PM
If that was true MJ wouldn't be a better player than Kobe. Kobe works just as hard as MJ if not harder.
who says he's better, give kobe a pippen type player n let's c what happens, jordan never had 81, jordan didn't have the long range game, plus jordan wasn't even the concensus best in his generation...some people argue magic w/ good reason....kobe is unquestionably the best in his generation, maybe ever.

bleedinpurple
08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
who says he's better, give kobe a pippen type player n let's c what happens, jordan never had 81, plus jordan wasn't even the concensus best in his generation...some people argue magic w/ good reason....kobe is unquestionably the best in his generation, maybe ever.

i wouldn't say "unquestionably". Shaq is in his generation. So is Iverson. Tim Duncan, who people are now saying is the best PF EVER (not sure I would agree). anyway, I think Kobe has competition for the best of his generation.

dblockallstars
08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
i wouldn't say "unquestionably". Shaq is in his generation. So is Iverson. Tim Duncan, who people are now saying is the best PF EVER (not sure I would agree). anyway, I think Kobe has competition for the best of his generation.
snaq is just different, if u want 2 compare him 2 kobe then I'd say Wilt was better than JOrdan as far as best ever, but u just have 2 kinda ignore those 2 cats, b/c they're so big it's not even fair....as far as iverson, I don't think u can make much of a case 4 him bein better than kobe, n timmy never had like 30ppg seasons like kobe or jordan or iverson he's a superstar but his #'s tend 2 be in the solid range, but he makes guys better....la chose kobe over snaq....snaq scored like 3pts in a finals game....

bleedinpurple
08-31-2006, 09:36 PM
snaq is just different, if u want 2 compare him 2 kobe then I'd say Wilt was better than JOrdan as far as best ever, but u just have 2 kinda ignore those 2 cats, b/c they're so big it's not even fair....as far as iverson, I don't think u can make much of a case 4 him bein better than kobe, n timmy never had like 30ppg seasons like kobe or jordan or iverson he's a superstar but his #'s tend 2 be in the solid range, but he makes guys better....la chose kobe over snaq....snaq scored like 3pts in a finals game....

you could make a great case for Iverson...points, steals, assists, toughness, MVP. If he played w a Shaq, then he too would have rings.

Duncan has rings and MVPs, first team all-D. May well be the best player of this generation. In fact, hard to argue otherwise.

dblockallstars
08-31-2006, 11:54 PM
you could make a great case for Iverson...points, steals, assists, toughness, MVP. If he played w a Shaq, then he too would have rings.

Duncan has rings and MVPs, first team all-D. May well be the best player of this generation. In fact, hard to argue otherwise.

....iverson.... I mean kobe was the mvp yr so Im just gonna act like it's a waSH In that department, n Im pretty sure he was on more all D teams than Iverson, n Iverson dominates the ball so much that he never gave himself a chance 2 get a snaq type player b/c he never would have taken the back seat like kobe did, ud always have 2 get scrappers in there w/ him n let them do the dirty work while he scores all the points, n let's not forget his rant about practice - i.e he's not a good leader - imagine the effects that interview would have on a bynum or somebody...timmy really is aight but I don't c how he's better than kobe....kobe has as many ALL D I think, is a better scorer, can make FTs...1on1 dunc would get merked,...I mean he's gotta couple post moves, couple bank shots, a lil j, blocks some shots but come on, compared to 24's arsenal...no contest...plus when he didnt have admiral he had 2 other allstars so he hardly did it alone

bleedinpurple
08-31-2006, 11:58 PM
anyway, it's not a gimme that Kobe's the best of his generation, just like it wasn't for Jordan.

AIR SETH
09-01-2006, 01:05 AM
who says he's better, give kobe a pippen type player n let's c what happens, jordan never had 81, jordan didn't have the long range game, plus jordan wasn't even the concensus best in his generation...some people argue magic w/ good reason....kobe is unquestionably the best in his generation, maybe ever.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Kobe, but lets not forget the time periods that he and MJ played/play in. Michael Jordan played at a time when agressive, hard, defensive Basketball was promoted. He played in a time that was way way way looser on foul calls. MJ played in a time when Basketball was a phyisical game. Jordan put up amazing numbers for what he had to play against. I will agree, Kobe is a better shooter and dribbler than Mike was but that does not change what MJ accomplished.

Kobe plays in a league with way too many foul calls, no hand-checking, and less physical play. Kobe gets to go to the foul line a lot, too much even. I will agree and I have said this lots, Kobe Bryant is the Best Basketball Player in the World. He is simply the greatest. Kobe does everything on the Basketball court and his skill level is amazing. But if Kobe can score 81 in todays game, a case can be made for Jordan scoring 100. Jordan would go to the foul line so much it isn't even funny. IMO, Michael Jordan is the greatest Basketball player of all-time. Kobe is amazing but I still view Jordan as the better player.

This is a very tough subject and I have a hard time choosing sides in it.

AIR SETH
09-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Sorry Double Post... My bad.

dblockallstars
09-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Now don't get me wrong, I love Kobe, but lets not forget the time periods that he and MJ played/play in. Michael Jordan played at a time when agressive, hard, defensive Basketball was promoted. He played in a time that was way way way looser on foul calls. MJ played in a time when Basketball was a phyisical game. Jordan put up amazing numbers for what he had to play against. I will agree, Kobe is a better shooter and dribbler than Mike was but that does not change what MJ accomplished.

Kobe plays in a league with way too many foul calls, no hand-checking, and less physical play. Kobe gets to go to the foul line a lot, too much even. I will agree and I have said this lots, Kobe Bryant is the Best Basketball Player in the World. He is simply the greatest. Kobe does everything on the Basketball court and his skill level is amazing. But if Kobe can score 81 in todays game, a case can be made for Jordan scoring 100. Jordan would go to the foul line so much it isn't even funny. IMO, Michael Jordan is the greatest Basketball player of all-time. Kobe is amazing but I still view Jordan as the better player.

This is a very tough subject and I have a hard time choosing sides in it.

well, all I'm saying is that I don't neccessarily think that mj is better b/c I mean when kobe had talent around him, (snaq) he won, obviously he didn't get the finals mvps, but w/e....so right now I c it as if he got an nba leadin rebounder n all d candidate like rodman n a hall of famer/top 50 guy like pip, then I c him emulating jordan's success....as far as jordan scorin 100 pts in his day, I think things would balance out b/c jordan might've gotten 2 the line alot but he'd only get like 1 or 2 three's so that'd b a huge gap, n then right now there's a lot of floppin so u can't just drive n drive all the time like mj, u have 2 take a lot more jumpers....even tho jordan was a good midrange guy he'd have 2 take like 70 shots, maybe make 40 of them, get 2 the line like 25 times, make 20....not an easy thing, especially when he would have pip who probably wouldn't b standing around like LO....so even if he had the ability the situation wouldnt have presented itself

LA.MJ&KB#1
09-01-2006, 07:52 PM
If Kobe career ended right now then, I have to say Jordan is the best player. But, this year Kobe turned 28 yrs old with 3 rings, thats already ahead of Jordan at that age. This guy have all Jordan skills and many more. Time will tell it all "Just wait and we will all see." Big respect for both guys.:rolleyes:

Heilige
02-27-2007, 07:47 PM
After searching and searching, I finally found Kobe's workout schedule. Found it on another forum from an insider who supposedly got the training schedule from one of kobe's trainers who he met at the LA sports club. This was also backed up by another insider..so anyways, take it for what its worth but here it is:

This workout was the one that supposedly bulked kobe up and added alot of muscle:

Consists of:
2 hours of running
2 hours of basketball

Day 1 & Day 4
Bench press
Lat pull-downs
Incline press
Military press
Abdominal crunches

Day 2 & Day 5
Lateral dumbbell raises
Bar dips
Tricep press-downs
Bicep curls
Abdominal crunches

Day 3 & Day 6
Back squats/Front squats
Leg curls
Leg extensions
Calf raises
Abdominal crunches

Also an important thing to know is that Kobe focused on plyometric more than anything, which for those who dont know is a method to develop explosive power.

Bump.

Do you or anyone else believe Kobe will be able to maintain this type of training regimen since he is getting older and already has a lot of mileage?

I don't knwo if all that would be too much for him at this point. It seems borderline overtraining.

Heilige
02-27-2007, 07:48 PM

I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think? Imagine how good T-mac and Carter would be with Kobe's work ethic.

SoCalMike
02-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think? Imagine how good T-mac and Carter would be with Kobe's work ethic.

I believe that Kobe's work ethic is a direct result of his success in the NBA health-wise. With the exception of his knee, he has been relatively healthy given the wear and tear on his body. Heck, Wade has already had a serious injury that is on par with Kobe's knee and he's only 24.

So, if anyone can get more mileage out of his body, it will be Kobe. The key will be how much desire he has to do this year in and year out.

:pimp:

gts
02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
I think what he is saying is, if Kobe is more talented than those guys wouldn't he be WAY BETTER than T-mac and Carter because of his work ethic and talent? It just seems even though Kobe works extremly hard, the other guys are just a step below him, when they should be much lower. What do you think? Imagine how good T-mac and Carter would be with Kobe's work ethic. well we don't know the other guys work out regimen so that's hard to say... but we do know he is better than the other guys and they are incredibly talented players, remember the higher you go on any level of sport it gets harder and harder to distance yourself from the others playing at a high level..

Heilige
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
well we don't know the other guys work out regimen so that's hard to say... but we do know he is better than the other guys and they are incredibly talented players, remember the higher you go on any level of sport it gets harder and harder to distance yourself from the others playing at a high level..

But, is he only better because of hsi work ethic? That's what I'm wondering. If Kobe had the same work ethic as T-Mac and Carter would he still be better?

gts
02-27-2007, 08:57 PM
But, is he only better because of hsi work ethic? That's what I'm wondering. If Kobe had the same work ethic as T-Mac and Carter would he still be better? i think we can attribute his work out scedule to his durability, i think time will tell us more as his career goes on the older you get the more careful you have to be.... one thing i found interesting was kobe was on the colin cowheard show last week and said he works out fairly hard and has yet to focus on diet, he loves junk food, pizza and burgers are his favorite,,, he went on to say that as aged he knew that his diet would become a focus for him and he considers diet another "bullet in his gun" on training

Heilige
02-27-2007, 09:00 PM
i think we can attribute his work out scedule to his durability, i think time will tell us more as his career goes on the older you get the more careful you have to be.... one thing i found interesting was kobe was on the colin cowheard show last week and said he works out fairly hard and has yet to focus on diet, he loves junk food, pizza and burgers are his favorite,,, he went on to say that as aged he knew that his diet would become a focus for him and he considers diet another "bullet in his gun" on training

You pretty much dodged what I was asking. I said if Kobe had the same work ethic as Carter and T-mac would he still be better than them? yes or no? :D

Also, how is it that he eats junk food yet still looks in good shape?

gts
02-27-2007, 09:07 PM
You pretty much dodged what I was asking. I said if Kobe had the same work ethic as Carter and T-mac would he still be better than them? yes or no? :D

ok i'll answer that when you post t-macs and carter workout regime... i can't aswer that because we have no idea how hard they work out... the facts are Kobe is better than them now and always been...

Heilige
02-27-2007, 09:14 PM
ok i'll answer that when you post t-macs and carter workout regime... i can't aswer that because we have no idea how hard they work out... the facts are Kobe is better than them now and always been...

Ok. That's cool. :) I figured we could speculate about it. I really don't know though.

Andrew from tex
02-27-2007, 09:17 PM

IF I GET KICKED OUT FOR THIS I JUST DO BUT... mavsfan4zindagi ARE YOU THE MOST DUMB ASS ON THE PLANET OR WHAT ....THAT WAS SO STUPID TO SAY THAT KOBE ISNT AS ATHLETC AS VINCE OR T-MAC AND ANOTHER THING KOBE CAN WORKOUT AS MUCH AS AN 80 YEAR OLD GRANNY AND STILL PLAY GOOD ....YOU TRIED TO GIVE KOBE PROPS BUT YET YOU DISSED HIM TO ....JUST GO AHEAD AND TELL THE TRURH AND ADMIT THAT KOBE IS THE BEST IN THE NBA AND NOT JUST BECAUSE HE WORKS HARD ...AND ONE MORE THING ...HE BUST HIS BUTT BECAUSE HE WANTS TO ...HE DOSENT HAVE TO WORK THAT HARD TO BE THE BEST HE JUST WANTS TO STAY IN SHAPE LONGER THE OTHER GUYS ..OH YEAH AND BACK YOUR STORY UP WHEN YOU GET ON HERE ...YOU SAID THAT VINCE AND T-MAC HAS BE KNOWN TO HAVE WEAK WORK ETHICS AND WHERE THE HELL DID YOU HEAR THAT FROM :hammerhead: EVERYBODY IN THE NBA IS IN SHAPE EVEN SHAQ ..BASCIALLY YOU ARE SAYING THAT KOBE IS BETTER BECAUSE HE WORKS HARDER AND THAT IS WHAT SEPERATES HIM FROM THE REST ....OK IF THATS THE CASE THEN BODY BUILDER'S SHOULD BE THE BEST ATHLETE'S ON EARTH ...JUST ADMIT IT ...KOBE IS NOT ONLY IN GREAT SHAPE BECAUSE HE STAYS IN THE GYM ..HE IS ALSO THE BEST PLAYER BECAUSE HE HAS THE SKILLS

hotsizzle
02-27-2007, 09:25 PM
For the ppl saying he has to work this hard so he isnt as talented as tmac and vince. Kobe's work ethic doesnt just make him better shooting jumpers, etc...it makes him better in crucial situations.

Look at Kobe, 11 years in the league....going DEEP into the playoffs in most years and never wearing down at any moment. Sustaining that high level of play every time he steps on the court.

And god forbid he gets injured.

kobedaman24
02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
I have a question:

Has Kobe's workout been the same for the last 2-3 years, or is there just some type of change in his strength? How long has he been using this workout?

Kobe worked extremely hard in his rookie year, but has he ALWAYS worked/trained that hard?

Heilige
02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
I have a question:

Has Kobe's workout been the same for the last 2-3 years, or is there just some type of change in his strength? How long has he been using this workout?

Kobe worked extremely hard in his rookie year, but has he ALWAYS worked/trained that hard?

Does anyone know?

kobedaman24
02-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know?
I guess not

crisoner
04-29-2009, 07:43 PM
bump

Erathia
04-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I think its funny that people accuse Kobe of being less talented than others because of his great work ethic. McGrady and Carter were great talents, but they are disappearing. T-Mac has been really injured and even when he doesn't have some specific ailment, he still has lingering back spasms. Carter hasn't been as repeatedly injured but has quickly disappeared. Both are/were extremely talented, but their poor work ethic resulted in a shorter prime and a faster decline than someone like Kobe.

mamba24
04-29-2009, 09:58 PM
There's noone in the league that's more dedicated to his work out schedule than kobe, the kobester has always been seen coming to the arena a couple hours ahead of game time for shoot arounds and light running to get the blood flowing and he's always one of the last ones to leave the building.This dude is a fine physical speciman, a well spoken gentleman and a devoted family man, there was only 1 thing:cry: kobe did wrong and we all know what that was commiting adultry:hammerhead: and that's nothing out of the ordinary considering most guys on planet earth repeatedly does it so often.So if I was kobe I'd continue to work out hard to stay in shape to look good for my hot, beautiful and sexy wife vanessa lane and never cheat on her again cause that would be a downgrade considering how f***n' hot vanessa:rockon: really is !!!

Well to be honest he hired MJ's trainer and basically is following the same routine MJ did...nothing new...he probably works harder...but thats his commitment....keeping in shape does not improve basketball skill...all hes doing is keeping his body ready for the long haul...

Agent Zero just shoots 3 pointers for nearly an hour or more...obviously he does other things but thats his speciality...

Lebron, wade they all work out...well different regimen but still...

the only player who i feel chills out and turns up to play is Allen Iverson..LOL...

"i dont need no practice man...i play my games as if they are my last...thats why i play the way i do."

words of wisdom? well you be the judge

nbastatus
05-02-2009, 01:32 AM
does that mean he barely got time to spend with his family?

Heilige
05-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Well to be honest he hired MJ's trainer and basically is following the same routine MJ did...nothing new...he probably works harder...but thats his commitment....keeping in shape does not improve basketball skill...all hes doing is keeping his body ready for the long haul...

Agent Zero just shoots 3 pointers for nearly an hour or more...obviously he does other things but thats his speciality...

Lebron, wade they all work out...well different regimen but still...

the only player who i feel chills out and turns up to play is Allen Iverson..LOL...

"i dont need no practice man...i play my games as if they are my last...thats why i play the way i do."

words of wisdom? well you be the judge

Do you have any links to where Kobe has hired MJ's trainer and is following the same routine as MJ?

MJ did the 666 routine??

Heilige
05-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I think its funny that people accuse Kobe of being less talented than others because of his great work ethic. McGrady and Carter were great talents, but they are disappearing. T-Mac has been really injured and even when he doesn't have some specific ailment, he still has lingering back spasms. Carter hasn't been as repeatedly injured but has quickly disappeared. Both are/were extremely talented, but their poor work ethic resulted in a shorter prime and a faster decline than someone like Kobe.

McGrady and Carter were more naturally talented than Kobe, but it was Kobe's work ethic that put him on top and separated him form those two.

Erathia
05-02-2009, 02:07 PM
McGrady and Carter were more naturally talented than Kobe, but it was Kobe's work ethic that put him on top and separated him form those two.

Carter may have been more athletic but thats about it.

tamaraw08
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Consists of:
2 hours of running
2 hours of basketball

Day 1 & Day 4
Bench press
Lat pull-downs
Incline press
Military press
Abdominal crunches

Day 2 & Day 5
Lateral dumbbell raises
Bar dips
Tricep press-downs
Bicep curls
Abdominal crunches

Day 3 & Day 6
Back squats/Front squats
Leg curls
Leg extensions
Calf raises
Abdominal crunches

Thanks for the info, but I really would like to know when Kobe started this and if he has not stopped doing it.
When I watch Kobe play, I see a very tired guy who seemed to prefer jacking up 20 footers instead of driving hard to the hoop to manufacture points. Even he is struggling from the field, you would think that a smart guy like him would change the approach and go for a higher % shot or atleast create contact to go to the line etc, but no. It's like "hey I missed that 20 footer, let me try again next time, oops missed shot again, ill make it the next tiime".
I don't have the numbers but I really think he has taken way more perimeter shots and FTs 3-5 yrs ago compared to this year esp the playoffs.

gts
05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the info, but I really would like to know when Kobe started this and if he has not stopped doing it.
When I watch Kobe play, I see a very tired guy who seemed to prefer jacking up 20 footers instead of driving hard to the hoop to manufacture points. Even he is struggling from the field, you would think that a smart guy like him would change the approach and go for a higher % shot or atleast create contact to go to the line etc, but no. It's like "hey I missed that 20 footer, let me try again next time, oops missed shot again, ill make it the next tiime".
I don't have the numbers but I really think he has taken way more perimeter shots and FTs 3-5 yrs ago compared to this year esp the playoffs.lol you do realize you're responding to a 3 year old post?

SoCalMike
05-06-2009, 11:59 AM
lol you do realize you're responding to a 3 year old post?

lol...

tamaraw08
05-06-2009, 03:16 PM
lol...

I visit this board once a week and you guys laugh at me.:cry:
Going back to my point, Don't you guys see what Im seeing? Kobe takes heck of a lot more jumpshot after jumpshot. He misses a 20 footer, he takes another perimeter shot, then another....Like I said, I dont have the numbers but I really think he has taken considerably more perimeter shots than 3-4 yrs ago where he drove hard more, get to the line or set up his teammates via handoffs.

gts
05-06-2009, 03:30 PM
I visit this board once a week and you guys laugh at me.:cry:
Going back to my point, Don't you guys see what Im seeing? Kobe takes heck of a lot more jumpshot after jumpshot. He misses a 20 footer, he takes another perimeter shot, then another....Like I said, I dont have the numbers but I really think he has taken considerably more perimeter shots than 3-4 yrs ago where he drove hard more, get to the line or set up his teammates via handoffs. no i think you're completely correct, he does take more jumpers, but not anywhere near as much as you may think.. maybe 2% more if that..

we'll have to figure out exactly how many someday, maybe compare now to when shaq was here, to the year after shaq left and this season?...

but that's understandable, he is getting older, he has alot of miles on those 30 year old legs... add in the fact that now the lakers have interior scoring threats from not just one but a few players and he doesn't have to be the one/only guy to break the defense down off the dribble....

i was just laughing at your response to his training regiment posted from a few years ago and applying it to todays kobe, i knew what you meant...

Heilige
05-06-2009, 04:24 PM
gts,

Do you feel that Kobe still uses that workout routine for the most part?

gts
05-06-2009, 04:37 PM
gts,

Do you feel that Kobe still uses that workout routine for the most part?
lol

tamaraw08
05-08-2009, 02:03 PM
no i think you're completely correct, he does take more jumpers,
:cheers: Yes, I finally got you to agree with me:roll:

but not anywhere near as much as you may think.. maybe 2% more if that..

we'll have to figure out exactly how many someday, maybe compare now to when shaq was here, to the year after shaq left and this season?...

but that's understandable, he is getting older, he has alot of miles on those 30 year old legs... add in the fact that now the lakers have interior scoring threats from not just one but a few players and he doesn't have to be the one/only guy to break the defense down off the dribble....

i was just laughing at your response to his training regiment posted from a few years ago and applying it to todays kobe, i knew what you meant......
You agree with me, but just a little?
:cry:
But that's ok, ill take it, actually I was hoping if I can coax you to find a website that has the shot chart of Kobe over the years, I tried(didn't try hard enough+not as smart as you.:lol) but I couldn't find it.
Anyway, some other stats can help.. but not limited to are the FTs taken and 3pt shots taken

The past regular season in 65 wins, he ave. 3.6 3pt shots and 6.9FTs
as compared to 5.64 3pt shots and 6.88 FTs in losses:ohwell: I was hoping it was lower to prove my point.
anyway
for his career ave. he took 3.72 3pt shots/game and 7.66 FTs/game
This year. it's 4.09 and 6.87
For 00-01 season, it was 2.9, and 8.63
For 01-02 season, it was 1.65 and 7.36
So based on this, I think you nailed it, but Im still intrigue about the actual shot chart, how many shots he has taken from beyond 17 ft and how many layups etc. I felt even when his FTs were high and 3pt shots were down several years, back, it happened with Shaq clogging the middle as compared to this year where Pau has lurked from 15 feet and Drew missing so many games. so....

Heilige
05-08-2009, 06:35 PM
lol

huh? :confusedshrug: That was a honest question.

gts
05-08-2009, 07:15 PM
But that's ok, ill take it, actually I was hoping if I can coax you to find a website that has the shot chart of Kobe over the years, I tried(didn't try hard enough+not as smart as you.you're probably smarter than me, just not as determined... haha
anyways if you go to 82 games they have a chart that will tell you % of jumps shots vs close, tips and dunks... and they info goes back a few years...

when looking at it realize that the jump shot catergory is everything from 7 feet on out... i got that from the owner of 82 games once because i was wondering what they calssified as a jump shot... so you have one category for jumpers and 3 or four for everything within 7 feet of the basket

LakersLaLaLand
05-08-2009, 08:46 PM
you're probably smarter than me, just not as determined... haha
anyways if you go to 82 games they have a chart that will tell you % of jumps shots vs close, tips and dunks... and they info goes back a few years...

when looking at it realize that the jump shot catergory is everything from 7 feet on out... i got that from the owner of 82 games once because i was wondering what they calssified as a jump shot... so you have one category for jumpers and 3 or four for everything within 7 feet of the basket

Eric Wong from 82 games runs a fantasy basketball website www.rotoevil.com.

If you ever have any questions he is quite diligent about answering.

Or you can run your question through me. I will get back to you asap.

gts
05-09-2009, 12:42 AM
Eric Wong from 82 games runs a fantasy basketball website www.rotoevil.com.

If you ever have any questions he is quite diligent about answering.

Or you can run your question through me. I will get back to you asap.nah i like doing that stuff myself.. thanks for the offer though.. i already gave it a quick look, all the info is there, i'll post it up later

kobedablackmamba
12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
this method really works for me...
with a good protein supply and diet, i'm bulking up my size...
i've been doing this for three months...
my fat level decrease to 9% from 13%,
muscle mass increase from 142lbs to 151 lbs...
and it makes me better on the court...

Thanks Kobe and especially Thanks to HOTSIZZLE...
you're the best bro...

TootsieRoll
12-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Holy Crap! After reading this thread, I thought i was in shape..

Wonder how much he does those?
(you Let me down).:cheers: