PDA

View Full Version : Official let's kick Bruce Ratner away from the Nets thread

Kiddlovesnets
06-26-2008, 10:17 PM
I must say I have double feeling today. We made such an excellent draft choice to acquire Brook Lopez at #10, but the trade for Yi Jianlian ruined everything. I'm sure Rod Thorn himself didn't really want this trade, it's all because Bruce Ratner, the "DEAR" owner of the Nets. Let's think about what the Nets have become since he took over, Martin is gone, Kittles is gone, and the value of VC alone is surely not as much as the combo of Martin and Kittles. Since then the Nets have been unable to compete and now it's gotten even worse since we're gonna be a lottery team in the next FIVE years! This man cares nothing about the team, he just want money and cash! I'm sure if Kidd hadn't requested a trade in 2005 he wouldn't even trade for VC by then! Now Kidd's gone so he just completely turn the nets into the Grizzlies! Too bad Thorn becomes the scapegoat. Now we must step up and try to drive this man away from our team, we'll be a long-time lottery team under his management and even play-off is an impossible task if he's still the owner of the Nets. Please support this thread, my friend, F*ck you idiot Bruce Ratner!

Nets fan 93
06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Dude calm down we were potential lottery anyway at least we rebuld with a 7 footer and an expirer (2010) who can start. We have some peices for the interest of the King I am not worried one bit. And if not Lebron than Carmelo, Bosh, Paul, Wade... good deal imo for the future. no way we were going any way

gigantes
06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
I must say I have double feeling today. We made such an excellent draft choice to acquire Brook Lopez at #10, but the trade for Yi Jianlian ruined everything. I'm sure Rod Thorn himself didn't really want this trade, it's all because Bruce Ratner, the "DEAR" owner of the Nets. Let's think about what the Nets have become since he took over, Martin is gone, Kittles is gone, and the value of VC alone is surely not as much as the combo of Martin and Kittles. Since then the Nets have been unable to compete and now it's gotten even worse since we're gonna be a lottery team in the next FIVE years! This man cares nothing about the team, he just want money and cash! I'm sure if Kidd hadn't requested a trade in 2005 he wouldn't even trade for VC by then! Now Kidd's gone so he just completely turn the nets into the Grizzlies! Too bad Thorn becomes the scapegoat. Now we must step up and try to drive this man away from our team, we'll be a long-time lottery team under his management and even play-off is an impossible task if he's still the owner of the Nets. Please support this thread, my friend, F*ck you idiot Bruce Ratner!
feel better now?

Kiddlovesnets
06-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Dude calm down we were potential lottery anyway at least we rebuld with a 7 footer and an expirer (2010) who can start. We have some peices for the interest of the King I am not worried one bit. And if not Lebron than Carmelo, Bosh, Paul, Wade... good deal imo for the future. no way we were going any way

You're way too optimistic, I wonder which superstar would like to join a 20-30 win team(Luckily we still have VC here or we'd be a 15-20 win team indeed). In a word, the Nets' future is done if we still have Bruce Ratner as our team owner. He's nothing but a freak who wants to make money on us.

feel better now?

I wish I could feel better, but Bruce Ratner doesn't give me the chance.

RichMo
06-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Relax... It's just a card game. We are just building a better hand. This takes a little time. We WILL get Lebron and everything will be O.K. Lets just play our cards right until then. It will pay off (trust). Now "GO FISH!"

Kiddlovesnets
06-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Relax... It's just a card game. We are just building a better hand. This takes a little time. We WILL get Lebron and everything will be O.K. Lets just play our cards right until then. It will pay off (trust). Now "GO FISH!"

I may trust Rod Thorn, but I never have faith in Bruce Ratner. He's been killing the Nets since he became the owner and now he just tried to turn the Nets into the next Grizzlies. Luckily, Thorn did a nice job on NBA draft so we look better than Memphis now.

marla07860
06-27-2008, 03:24 PM
good god, we weren't going to win with the team we had anyway so who cares, yeah we might suck a couple years, but who knows

Kiddlovesnets
06-27-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi, guys. I must say I start this thread not just based on this RJ trade. Bruce Ratner has been poisoning us since he became the owner. He sent Martin and Kittles away to make us far away from contending. He refused to give Abdur-Rahim a contract and he played well in Sacramento for one or two years(he does suck by now but in 2005 he's a nice inside scorer). He also reject to give a mid-class contract to Mikki Moore and our front court sucked at the beginning of last season and Kidd was then considering about getting traded.

He has been disappointing us for long and now I just couldn't stand him anymore. He cares nothing but making money for himself but his money doesn't help we Nets fans. After all, who care about how much money he earns on the Nets? The Suns owner wants only money, so the Suns sent Joe Johnson and Kurt Thomas away and slowly slipped away from title contending. The Grizzlies owner cares merely money, so they dared to trade Gasol for nothing. Now if you don't wanna see we getting into the same situation as the Suns/Grizzlies, please step up and ask Bruce Ratner to go away. I'm 100 percent sure our team has no future under his management.

gigantes
06-28-2008, 12:09 AM
i was very upset at the time but ratner certainly did the right thing by sending away kmart and kittles- physically they were shot and kmart's huge contract would have meant no carter and big money tied up uselessly for years.

and the reality is this- the big three weren't going anywhere special with abdur-rahim or moore. it was time to reload with young talent and money wasn't going to solve this team's problems. sometimes you just have to be patient and enjoy the process.

Kiddlovesnets
06-28-2008, 05:29 AM
i was very upset at the time but ratner certainly did the right thing by sending away kmart and kittles- physically they were shot and kmart's huge contract would have meant no carter and big money tied up uselessly for years.

and the reality is this- the big three weren't going anywhere special with abdur-rahim or moore. it was time to reload with young talent and money wasn't going to solve this team's problems. sometimes you just have to be patient and enjoy the process.

We can be patient if the owner does care about our team, but Bruce Ratner just wants to make full use of the Nets' marketing value to earn him money. This team has no future if he still owns it. Look at the Suns owner, it was him who killed his team by sending Joe Johnson, Kurt Thomas and draft picks away. Bruce Ratner is even worse than Suns owner I'm sure. How I wish he could sell this team to another businessman who really loves sports and B-ball!

gigantes
06-28-2008, 09:55 AM
you are being paranoid... letting your doubts about ratner overwhelm your judgement.

the nets payroll has actually been above average since ratner took over. i could be wrong but i think it's actually been in the top 10 payrolls for the league during this time. the nets have also been a financial loser for him so far.

look- we understand the concept that ratner is using the nets to push the development project. but no matter what that almost certainly means continuing to spend money on it. for one thing it's going to be his most-scrutinised property. if he scrimps on it, there's going to be a legion of critics. for another, relocating is probably going to bring in a lot more capital. look how much extra money an idiot like james dolan can afford to spend merely by being in NYC. but unlike the knicks, the nets actually have a very nice GM duo in thorn and vandy. they are assembling real talent instead of mostly giving a bunch of losers big fat contracts like isiah thomas did.

when the talent blossoms, THAT is the time to judge ratner. ie, does he okay thorn-vandy giving them their payday or does he turn into a donald sterling?

so stop freaking out and have a little patience.

Kiddlovesnets
06-28-2008, 10:31 AM
you are being paranoid... letting your doubts about ratner overwhelm your judgement.

the nets payroll has actually been above average since ratner took over. i could be wrong but i think it's actually been in the top 10 payrolls for the league during this time. the nets have also been a financial loser for him so far.

look- we understand the concept that ratner is using the nets to push the development project. but no matter what that almost certainly means continuing to spend money on it. for one thing it's going to be his most-scrutinised property. if he scrimps on it, there's going to be a legion of critics. for another, relocating is probably going to bring in a lot more capital. look how much extra money an idiot like james dolan can afford to spend merely by being in NYC. but unlike the knicks, the nets actually have a very nice GM duo in thorn and vandy. they are assembling real talent instead of mostly giving a bunch of losers big fat contracts like isiah thomas did.

when the talent blossoms, THAT is the time to judge ratner. ie, does he okay thorn-vandy giving them their payday or does he turn into a donald sterling?

so stop freaking out and have a little patience.

I'm not doubting Bruce Ratner at all, I'm completely disappointed with what he'd done to the Nets. You noticed the Nets have become worse and worse since he took over.(despite in 2006, when we did make a good run for the regular season) I've become desperate for the future of our team unless Bruce Ratner sell the Nets to another Businessman or he just simply quit as the owner of this team. The Nets are going nowhere under the management of Ratner who cares nothing but money and market. Seriously, does he even know the shape of Basketball, or does he know what the five positions are in B-ball? It's fine if you guys don't believe my words now but I'm sure I'll bump this thread later when you do realize it.

gigantes
06-28-2008, 11:08 AM
what you are doing is one of the things that conspiracy theorists do- they look at a pattern of events and assume that there is manipulation and hidden purpose.

at heart you are being driven by things like fear and lack of understanding in this matter. that's a poor way to live life.

Kiddlovesnets
06-28-2008, 11:01 PM
what you are doing is one of the things that conspiracy theorists do- they look at a pattern of events and assume that there is manipulation and hidden purpose.

at heart you are being driven by things like fear and lack of understanding in this matter. that's a poor way to live life.

So what's a rich way to live life? To endure all that stupid things your team does? Just face the truth, the Nets are going to suck for the next five years after this dumb trade, I call it.

gigantes
06-28-2008, 11:11 PM
So what's a rich way to live life?
self-understanding and acceptance of reality.

Kiddlovesnets
06-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi guys I have to rejuvenate this thread since we do need to step up to drive Bruce Ratner out of our team. The Nets have been becoming worse and worse since he took over and this team will soon be worse than the Grizzlies or even worse than most of the WNBA teams if Ratner is still here as the team owner. How I wish to execute this man to give the Nets brighter future!

Nets fan 93
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
I agree w/ you but how can we do this?

Kiddlovesnets
06-30-2008, 03:25 PM
I agree w/ you but how can we do this?

Send e-mails to fans@njnets.com. We may not be able to drive Bruce Ratner away but at least we can make some impact to make him realize that he's still unable to do whatever he likes even though he's the boss. He needs to listen to the words from fans or he will lose support from all the Nets fans sooner or later.

Nets fan 93
06-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Send e-mails to fans@njnets.com. We may not be able to drive Bruce Ratner away but at least we can make some impact to make him realize that he's still unable to do whatever he likes even though he's the boss. He needs to listen to the words from fans or he will lose support from all the Nets fans sooner or later.
Email sent

gigantes
06-30-2008, 05:12 PM
cool. just signed that email up for a collection of spam services.

joking

marla07860
06-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi guys I have to rejuvenate this thread since we do need to step up to drive Bruce Ratner out of our team. The Nets have been becoming worse and worse since he took over and this team will soon be worse than the Grizzlies or even worse than most of the WNBA teams if Ratner is still here as the team owner. How I wish to execute this man to give the Nets brighter future!

well you sure have a bright outlook on the future, we aren't going to be worse then the Grizzlies, well maybe for like two years, but it takes time to rebuild and that's what the Nets are doing, so yeah I'm down for being worse then them if we do it the right way and it looks like we are right now :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

LBJames2010
06-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Wasn't he the one who made the move to Brooklyn possible?

And didnt he have ties with Lebron?

marla07860
06-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Wasn't he the one who made the move to Brooklyn possible?

And didnt he have ties with Lebron?

Jay-z has ties with Lebron or could help bring Lebron to the Nets if that's what you mean

LBJames2010
06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
i knew that...i thought Bruce Ratner was from Cleveland in the first place...

marla07860
06-30-2008, 09:48 PM
i knew that...i thought Bruce Ratner was from Cleveland in the first place...

yeah he is I think I heard that, but I don't think that has anything ties with Lebron

Kiddlovesnets
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
Okay nets fans we need to keep this thread alive. We should make our voice heard when our team is going in the wrong path. In this way we can make Ratner scared a little bit and stop his dumb behaviors even though we might be unable to drive this man away from our team. This man is an idiot who cares only his money and he doesn't even know how to be a team owner at all. The Nets would become a team even worse than the Knicks/Grizzlies under his management. Seriously, is this the way we want for the Future NY Brooklin Nets?

Nets fan 93
07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Jay-Z for owner

marla07860
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
this is so dumb:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LBJames2010
07-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Jay-Z for owner

QFT

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Qft ???

gigantes
07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
quite effing true

LBJames2010
07-03-2008, 04:45 PM
quite effing true

really?

i thought it was quoted for truth...same diff i guess

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I would seriously love Jay-z to be our real owner.

gigantes
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
one time the beatles were singing a song and then jay zee showed up and ruined everything:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJqihkLcGc

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 05:24 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: the Grey video

Kiddlovesnets
07-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi guys we need to sticky this thread, or at least don't let it do down. You guys do need to see how dumb Bruce Ratner is and this guy doesn't even know anything about B-ball. All he wants is his dear cash and huge market from NY but he's doing everything he can to destroy this team. Please step up and at least, try to drive this idiot away from our Nets!

Nets fan 93
07-05-2008, 02:07 PM
We sent the e-mails what else is there to do? Im sure he doesnt read this messageboard....

marla07860
07-05-2008, 05:48 PM
We sent the e-mails what else is there to do? Im sure he doesnt read this messageboard....

And that's why i think this thread is dumb, yeah Bruce Ratner might suck, but it could be a lot worse, we could be the knicks. Just deal with whatever happens

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2008, 03:32 PM
We may need to sticky this thread. Bruce Ratner needs to go, if we want the future of our Nets.

Nets fan 93
07-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I was thinking... Since this guy is so "stupid" what if he tries to get Yao instead of LeBron in 2010

Kiddlovesnets
07-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I was thinking... Since this guy is so "stupid" what if he tries to get Yao instead of LeBron in 2010

Yao's actually fine for the Nets since he's a decent NBA player who can post something like 20/10/3 on 50+ FG shooting. However, it's impossible for the Rockets to trade Yao since it's already become harder to find a big man like Yao who can contribute both on and off the court.

Nets fan 93
07-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah but by 2010 will he still be the same 20/10 center he is now? He already lacks stamina and is very injury prone... and if he signed him over CB4 and Wade or JJ :eek:

marla07860
07-06-2008, 06:24 PM
We may need to sticky this thread. Bruce Ratner needs to go, if we want the future of our Nets.

we have a future, are you dumb if we kept Kidd or Jefferson the the Nets might of not had much of a future

Kiddlovesnets
07-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Come on guys, let's save the Nets!

Nets fan 93
07-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Save them from what?

Kiddlovesnets
07-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Save them from what?

From Bruce Ratner, the devil!

Nets fan 93
07-10-2008, 11:54 AM
"First, this was a basketball trade," said Ratner. "We do have a tremendous Chinese-American market in this region, and if we have success we will tap into that market in a major way in Brooklyn and New Jersey in the meantime."
link (http://www.nypost.com/seven/07102008/sports/nets/lebron_to_nets_is_matter_of_wait__yi_119231.htm)

Kiddlovesnets
07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Please don't let this thread die... We need to boo or to boycott Bruce Ratner, the idiot, to make him realize how stupid he is as a team owner. For me, I don't really care whether this team moves to NY or stays in NJ. All I want is to witness Bruce Ratner selling the Nets to someone else! This team will be a long-time lottery team with Bruce Ratner...

Kiddlovesnets
07-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Oh come on guys. We're Nets fans, not Bruce Ratner's fans so why do we have to stand everything he does to harm our team? :confusedshrug:

It's A VC3!!!
07-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Oh come on guys. We're Nets fans, not Bruce Ratner's fans so why do we have to stand everything he does to harm our team? :confusedshrug:

Their is nothing we can do about it. Stop complaning.

Kiddlovesnets
07-21-2008, 11:54 AM
Their is nothing we can do about it. Stop complaning.

There're a lot of things we can do for sure. Seriously we might be unable to drive Bruce Ratner away from the Nets, but it doesn't mean that we have to let it be. Bruce Ratner did that RJ trade simply for Yi's Chinese market that will bring him hundreds of millions of dollars. He wants the international market so bad that he didn't care about whether the trade harmed the team at all. If we manage to make him realize that he's going to lose American market while trying to obtain international support, he'd probably understand that he's unable to make money all on his will. American fans won't pay money on a team who doesn't even want to compete but to make money from fans and I bet he's familiar with this fact, isn't he?

It's A VC3!!!
07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
There're a lot of things we can do for sure. Seriously we might be unable to drive Bruce Ratner away from the Nets, but it doesn't mean that we have to let it be. Bruce Ratner did that RJ trade simply for Yi's Chinese market that will bring him hundreds of millions of dollars. He wants the international market so bad that he didn't care about whether the trade harmed the team at all. If we manage to make him realize that he's going to lose American market while trying to obtain international support, he'd probably understand that he's unable to make money all on his will. American fans won't pay money on a team who doesn't even want to compete but to make money from fans and I bet he's familiar with this fact, isn't he?

Your right Bruce Ratner is an idiot. But I have some beleif in Yi. He will turn into Yao.. but better, this season he will be a 15/8 type player. And as for Bobby I feel he will turn into his original form, a 16/7 player. :D

Nets fan 93
07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Down with Ratner!!!
Nets fan 93>Kiddlovesnets!!!

marla07860
08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
this is a stupid thread. have faith:cheers:

and we needed to do something after last season. This season will be great

It's A VC3!!!
08-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I was reading that Ratner might push the date to 2011.

Kiddlovesnets
08-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Bruce Ratnnnner!!!!
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Rusty
08-31-2008, 03:42 AM
I was reading that Ratner might push the date to 2011.
It isn't Bruce who's to blame for that one, it's those ****ing hippy protestors that kept delaying the possible start of the Atlantic Yards construction because they kept appealing to every court/tribunal/committee possible. God damn Hippies! :mad:

gigantes
08-31-2008, 04:13 AM
i don't see what hippies have to do with it.

AFAIK it's residential and commerce sectors that feel the stadium project will impact them negatively.

Rusty
08-31-2008, 04:47 AM
i don't see what hippies have to do with it.

AFAIK it's residential and commerce sectors that feel the stadium project will impact them negatively.
Right you are. I just have a tendency to associate hippies with protesters and vice-versa.

I think at one point though, there was a group protesting against the project on the grounds that the carbon emissions produced by construction machinery would be beyond acceptable limits. Obviously they didn't get very far.

I am pissed that the move will be delayed as far is the team is concerned as well....another year of the Nets being the proud tenants of the worst stadium in the NBA - IZOD Center.

gigantes
08-31-2008, 03:51 PM
I think at one point though, there was a group protesting against the project on the grounds that the carbon emissions produced by construction machinery would be beyond acceptable limits. Obviously they didn't get very far.
interesting. i'm extremely concerned about global warming but don't know how you can avoid putting out a lot of carbon on big construction projects. the best that one could do is buy matching carbon credits AFAIK.

actually that makes some sense since the nets are theoretically the first team to go green in the NBA as of last year.

I am pissed that the move will be delayed as far is the team is concerned as well....another year of the Nets being the proud tenants of the worst stadium in the NBA - IZOD Center.
all i have to compare it to is the sixers', wizards' and cavs' joints. i guess i'd have to agree with you- the nets' place is the worst among those four. maybe. the biggest thing that's a PITA for me is the long annoying walk from the parking area to the stadium.

Rusty
09-01-2008, 01:15 AM
...all i have to compare it to is the sixers', wizards' and cavs' joints. i guess i'd have to agree with you- the nets' place is the worst among those four. maybe. the biggest thing that's a PITA for me is the long annoying walk from the parking area to the stadium.
In fairness, I've never actually been to IZOD Center so I'm just going by what I've been told by buddies and colleagues and what I've read in various articles.

I suppose if we were to look on the positive side - if Yi's fan-club is anywhere near as big as Yao's - well that's bound to help the atmosphere somewhat, right?

Kiddlovesnets
03-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Bump! I can't stand Bruce Idiot Ratner anymore! Let's get him out of our Nets!

Kiddlovesnets
06-26-2009, 05:56 AM
Bump!!

gigantes
07-06-2009, 07:51 AM
"Ratner Ranked Second Worst Owner in Sports":
http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=8291

although to be fair, it's very difficult to be ranked otherwise unless the brooklyn thing gets finished. with one of the worst stadiums in sports, one of the worst fan bases in basketball, no superstars likely to come to the izod center in 2010 or any other year (no superstar FA has ever signed with the nets) and the team leaking money in a recession, you're pretty-much doomed as the nets owner as far as public opinion goes unless you're someone like mark cuban or jerry buss... guys who are filthy rich, have autonomy, are willing to spend way above the cap, and who aren't total head cases like james dolan or al davis.

of course, the positives for you ratner-haters are rumblings in the area press that if the last few objectors to the barkleys center (16 left, is it?) aren't dealt with by december then the team will go up for sale.

although really, i'm not sure how much that helps us area fans. any new owner, having recognised the points in the first paragraph, will have some very strong reasons to move the team out of the area. and despite the recession, they may still be able to pull the same slimey manuevers that sports owners typically pull, which is to elicit bidding from suitor cities halfway across the country and then stiff their taxpayers for the bulk of the new stadium construction costs.

mamba24
07-06-2009, 07:58 AM
"Ratner Ranked Second Worst Owner in Sports":
http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=8291

although to be fair, it's very difficult to be ranked otherwise unless the brooklyn thing gets finished. with one of the worst stadiums in sports, one of the worst fan bases in basketball, no superstars likely to come to the izod center in 2010 or any other year (no superstar FA has ever signed with the nets) and the team leaking money in a recession, you're pretty-much doomed as the nets owner as far as public opinion goes unless you're someone like mark cuban or jerry buss... guys who are filthy rich, have autonomy, are willing to spend way above the cap, and who aren't total head cases like james dolan or al davis.

of course, the positives for you ratner-haters are rumblings in the area press that if the last few objectors to the barkleys center (16 left, is it?) aren't dealt with by december then the team will go up for sale.

although really, i'm not sure how much that helps us area fans. any new owner, having recognised the points in the first paragraph, will have some very strong reasons to move the team out of the area. and despite the recession, they may still be able to pull the same slimey manuevers that sports owners typically pull, which is to elicit bidding from suitor cities halfway across the country and then stiff their taxpayers for the bulk of the new stadium construction costs.

Whats not to like about the net?

They have gotten out of VC's Contract...building a contender the right way...with Harris at the PG, Lee a starting SG, Lopez at C...all thats missing is a Starting SF and PF...

Expiring contracts to sign FA like Carlos Boozer or Bosh or Stoudamire in 2010...the bench squad is set as the...and it gives time to evaluate Yi...as a good player to start at SF or not give him a qualifying offer...

I dont know why you guys are complaining...when the situation is much better compared to the suns or knicks

gigantes
07-06-2009, 08:44 AM
first half of that is common knowledge and has no bearing on the things i mentioned. in addition, every young, rebuilding team has pieces that are exciting and that people hope will work out. that's why they're young, rebuilding teams and not playoff teams.

second half just shows how little you understand about the nets. to repeat myself (which you'll probably ignore like the first time), no superstar FA has ever signed with the nets and the nets are very possibly dumping salary in preparation for a sale... as we've know about for some weeks now. ie, that's why the chances of getting boozer are so remote, not to mention that it's almost pointless to trade for him anyway.

wang4three
07-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Ratner needs to go, he's slowly making me disdain the team I grew up loving! Don't get me wrong, I love our young guys and to be in a good position to rebuild, but slowly the soul of our team is rotting away.

gigantes
07-06-2009, 08:31 PM
NI / ric bucher are talking about new owners wanting to keep the team in the area. that's a relief, although it does beg the question, "why?"

another big question would be- would the new owners A) pick up the brooklyn plan, B) stay at izod, C) rent the other stadium from the hockey team or C) something else? personally i don't understand why you would stay at izod...

http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=8307

wang4three
07-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Yes, they need to move stadiums. It's bad that the Seton Hall Pirates basketball team is playing at the Prudential Center and the Nets aren't. A college team has better accommodations than a NBA team!

Nets fan 93
07-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Ratner needs to go, he's slowly making me disdain the team I grew up loving! Don't get me wrong, I love our young guys and to be in a good position to rebuild, but slowly the soul of our team is rotting away.
I love the rebuilding process... I have never experienced one before so..IDK..

wang4three
07-07-2009, 01:19 AM
I love the rebuilding process... I have never experienced one before so..IDK..

For the greater part of my life we were always rebuilding in one way or another. I'm not hating on being a rebuilding team--I think Rod is a fantastic GM.

But the reports coming out doesn't label it as a "rebuilding team". We see far more news reports about being a "cost-cutting team" than a "rebuilding team." It only makes me question whether or not we're actually committed to rebuilding or it's just a smoke screen to divert the fact that we're actually cost cutting and nothing more.

Come next summer, will Ratner really allow the team to shell out money for big free agents? Or will he continue with his cost cutting? I think we're quick to assume that he'll allow Rod to break out the checkbook, but from what it seems like, it may not be case..

The team is quickly losing its identity and soul because building a competitive team doesn't seem to be important to anyone but the fans. We have to really give credit to Rod cause he's doing a good job playing within Ratner's guidelines, but I fear the worst come next summer if Ratner is still at the helm.

mamba24
07-07-2009, 06:35 AM
NI / ric bucher are talking about new owners wanting to keep the team in the area. that's a relief, although it does beg the question, "why?"

another big question would be- would the new owners A) pick up the brooklyn plan, B) stay at izod, C) rent the other stadium from the hockey team or C) something else? personally i don't understand why you would stay at izod...

http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=8307

I am aware he is trying to sell the team...but VC was the salary he needed to dump...everyone else earns a modest salary for nba scale...and alot of contracts expire next year...even if they are small contracts...the point is if there is new ownership...atleast the team will be the same...

i really dont care who owns the team...all i care about is the team on the floor...if you think ratner is bad think sterling and sarver....you guys got it good...made it to the finals and had Hall of famers playing in the past....its not as bad as you make it seem.

gigantes
07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
I am aware he is trying to sell the team...but VC was the salary he needed to dump...everyone else earns a modest salary for nba scale...and alot of contracts expire next year...even if they are small contracts...the point is if there is new ownership...atleast the team will be the same...

i really dont care who owns the team...all i care about is the team on the floor...if you think ratner is bad think sterling and sarver....you guys got it good...made it to the finals and had Hall of famers playing in the past....its not as bad as you make it seem.
- ratner's group is not trying to sell the team. he's putting out feelers and lining up options in case the last legal challenge or further unforseen economics kills the last ditch effort. all of these new potential owners would have to wait and see what happens in the next 6-9 months before making an official offer.

- you make a good point about sterling since he's a real headcase and keeps repeating the same broken pattern over and over. sarver not so much, since, like ratner and many others, he's been forced to jettison talent and contracts in order to stay near the cap-- ratner did the same thing with kmart, kittles and IIRC korver when he got here. and thorn is on a short leash each summer, rarely having more than the midlevel exception to throw at FA's, and often not even that. SAR is maybe the one and only exception to that, and we saw how well that worked out.

- the finals years happened in 2002 and 2003, so are mostly pointless to talk about in 2009. keep in mind this is a NYC area team here, so patience is always going to be low. the negative things i talked about before are still huge logistical issues and the nets are not going to get back to thriving until they're fixed, so when you keep saying stuff like "you guys should be grateful" it's meaningless since it doesn't solve anything. to pick one example, it's very hard to thrive when you're in a market / arena / fanbase that forces you to overpay for your large contracts- it's like having a permanently lower salary cap than the desirable teams like the knicks, lakers, bulls, celtics, etc. we saw this with the contracts of kmart, RJ, kidd, VC and others...

wang4three
07-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Can't really explain what life is like for a Net fan to a Laker fan. It's like They don't understand the complexities of corporate interest versus fan interest. For a Laker fan, the two are one in the same. For Nets' fans, they often go different directions.

They'll never understand what it is like to have your fandom tested, to know what failure is, or to be let down, to have owners that don't give a **** about team performance, and to have overall incompetence run a franchise.

All they think is that every team is trying to win; which is not the case for every franchise.

gigantes
07-07-2009, 05:44 PM
wang smart.

end sentence.

MTing
07-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Can't really explain what life is like for a Net fan to a Laker fan. It's like They don't understand the complexities of corporate interest versus fan interest. For a Laker fan, the two are one in the same. For Nets' fans, they often go different directions.

They'll never understand what it is like to have your fandom tested, to know what failure is, or to be let down, to have owners that don't give a **** about team performance, and to have overall incompetence run a franchise.

All they think is that every team is trying to win; which is not the case for every franchise.
Wow well said Wang.

gigantes
07-08-2009, 12:22 PM
netted from nets daily had some interesting things to say-- based on his years of business experience, he feels that ratner will make a lease with the new brooklyn arena a condition of any sale. he goes on:

http://www.netsdaily.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1917&p=33086#p33086

The smart move for Ratner would be to cap all his loses in the team and turn it over to a new owner who will assume all financial responsibilities going forward. Every year they would adjust the ownership % based on the losses the new owner assumed. In the end Ratner would still own a sizable share of the team. His only issue would be a shrinking share as the team continues to be unprofitable, but in the grand scale of team value the losses wouldn't translate to that much ownership. For a new owner they basically get to pay for a share of the team over time with no interest. Give the new owner an option to acquire additional shares at a set price and give Ratner a lease for the Brooklyn arena.

Win win for both parties. The more the new owner puts into players and free agents the more equity he gets in the team and the more valuable Ratner's shares are. The more Ratner puts into the arena the more money both make. With the pending 2010 free agency the timing is perfect for both. At least both are spending in areas that make sense to them and are in line with the business they want to be in.
so based on this and other recent news:

1) the nets will stay in the area, sale or no sale.
2) the brooklyn deal is going to happen no matter who the owner is.
3) if the team is sold, ratner would change roles from main owner to landlord, i guess.