06-26-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm very confused.

fatboy11
06-26-2008, 11:40 PM
This doesn't make sense at all.

ElPigto
06-26-2008, 11:42 PM

Nothing new being a Rockets fan on draft day. We've had pretty bad drafts in the past. We have passed on a hell load of good players.

Fudge
06-26-2008, 11:45 PM
How the hell did we get Greene from Memphis?

Yeah, every bit confusing.

artificial
06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Tell me Chris dumbass Wallace didn't just gave away Donte Greene for nothing.

Raj Da Dodge
06-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Yea this is confusing, I also thought we got Darrell Arthur, but according to chron.com we got Dante Greene and Joey Dorsey, I don't know, we'll see when its official.

ElPigto
06-26-2008, 11:51 PM
So Fatboy, if indeed we did get Greene, what exactly are your feelings on him? What about Dorsey?

fatboy11
06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
So....

Houston gets: Joey Dorsey (33rd pick) from Portland and Donte Greene (28th pick) from Memphis

Memphis gets: Darrell Arthur (27th pick) from Portland (via New Orleans)

Portland gets: Nicolas Batum (25th pick) from Houston

Might be a future 2nd rounder or two in there somewhere, but that's what I gather.

nba_55
06-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Rockets:
IN: Greene, Dorsey, 2ND ROUND PICK 2009 (MEM)
OUT: Batum, 54th pick

Portland:
IN: Batum
OUT: ARTHUR, DORSEY (33TH PICK)

MEMPHIS:
IN: ARTHUR, 54TH PICK
OUT: GREENE, FUTURE 2ND ROUNDER

fatboy11
06-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Oh yeah, Memphis gets Leunen.

Rockets(T-mac)
06-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Can someone educate me on these players we just picked up?

wTFaMonkey
06-27-2008, 12:00 AM
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

DORSEY IS A BEAST!

cant wait

nba_55
06-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Can someone educate me on these players we just picked up?

Greene:
Tall, great 3 point shooter and mid range shooter, atheletic, poor ball handling, bad shot selection.

Dorsey:
Dont know... maybe another chuck hayes.

wTFaMonkey
06-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Donte Greene:

Chad Ford's Analysis: Another value pick. Lots of scouts compare him to Rashard Lewis. Greene is a perimeter shooter who lacks a position or real game right now, and I'm not sure how he fits on Memphis, which already has Rudy Gay. But the Grizzlies have been shopping this pick, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Greene wearing another hat later tonight.

Draft Projection: Lottery to mid first round

Similarities: Marvin Williams

Notes:

Averaged 18.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 2.1 steals and 4.3 blocks
as a senior in 2006-07, helping Towson to a 32-6 record and to its second consecutive Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference and Baltimore Catholic League titles.

Positives: A long, athletic jump shooter who can play both the 3 and 4. Excellent midrange game. Has improved his 3-point shooting -- though it's still streaky. Has the ability to put the ball on the floor and take his man to the basket. Explosive leaper. Has turned into a leader on his team. Solid rebounder.

Negatives: Needs to add strength. A bit of a tweener right now. Poor decision making and shot selection. Doesn't always look like he knows what he's doing out there.

Summary: Versatile forward got off to a hot start for Syracuse. He cooled a bit in the second half of the season, but scouts are still high on his long-term prospects. While he still needs to refine his game, there's no questioning that he's one of the best talents in the draft. A potential lottery pick.

DORSEY:

Chad Ford's Analysis: Dorsey is a Ben Wallace clone -- a tough, physical rebounder and an explosive leaper and dunker. He's not a great offensive player and he can be inconsistent in his effort, but Dorsey is a good value pick here.

Draft Projection: Late first to early second

Similarities: Ben Wallace

Notes:

Positives: Dorsey is an incredibly strong low-post player with explosive athleticism. Can be a beast on the boards. Good offensive rebounder. Good shot-blocker. Physical defender.

Negatives: He's not much of an offensive threat. He's a bit undersized to play his natural position at center. He doesn't always play hard or committed. Teams worry about his motor.

Summary: Normally, players like Dorsey don't get a lot of love come draft time. But the similarties to Ben Wallace's game will give them a second look. He's not as good of a prospect as Big Ben because he doesn't have the same motor, but we expect to see him in a NBA uniform for a long time.

wTFaMonkey
06-27-2008, 12:03 AM
dorsey isnt chuck hayes.

he is a dunking beast. chuck hayes cant dunk to save his life

LutherHeadJob
06-27-2008, 12:04 AM
So now we have Scola, hayes, Deke(?), Landry, Greene and Dorsey?

could of had CDR + Arthur...

LutherHeadJob
06-27-2008, 12:06 AM
hopefully the Rox can make the right decision and trade our expirers for an actual backup swingman

artificial
06-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Darrel Arthur? Well... He fills a team need, that was supposed to be filled already by Kevin Love.

But he has a chance to become a good player and fits better than Greene, so I guess I won't add this to my "why Chris Wallace should burn in hell for the rest of eternity" list :ohwell:

nba_55
06-27-2008, 12:09 AM

Greene is a tall SF.

Rockets(T-mac)
06-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Greene:
Tall, great 3 point shooter and mid range shooter, atheletic, poor ball handling, bad shot selection.

Dorsey:
Dont know... maybe another chuck hayes.
Greene sounds like someone we need, we lack both height and 3 point shooting.

Another Chuck hayes never hurts but I think he is taller than chuck and hopefully more offensively skilled.

nba_55
06-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Greene sounds like someone we need, we lack both height and 3 point shooting.

Another Chuck hayes never hurts but I think he is taller than chuck and hopefully more offensively skilled.
Seems like Dorsey will be our back up center.

LutherHeadJob
06-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Can Greene penertrate? i know **** all about him.

TMac&Luther
06-27-2008, 12:15 AM

They needed to find a offensive backup to Shane Battier.........I think Green can fit that player, that's the player we needed.........size and athleticism, Green fits that bill.

With Dorsey they can put Chuck Hayes in a trade package (hopefully Luther Head) to try to get another guard.

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Donte Greene:

Chad Ford's Analysis: Another value pick. Lots of scouts compare him to Rashard Lewis. Greene is a perimeter shooter who lacks a position or real game right now, and I'm not sure how he fits on Memphis, which already has Rudy Gay. But the Grizzlies have been shopping this pick, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Greene wearing another hat later tonight.

Draft Projection: Lottery to mid first round

Similarities: Marvin Williams

Notes:

Averaged 18.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 2.1 steals and 4.3 blocks
as a senior in 2006-07, helping Towson to a 32-6 record and to its second consecutive Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference and Baltimore Catholic League titles.

Positives: A long, athletic jump shooter who can play both the 3 and 4. Excellent midrange game. Has improved his 3-point shooting -- though it's still streaky. Has the ability to put the ball on the floor and take his man to the basket. Explosive leaper. Has turned into a leader on his team. Solid rebounder.

Negatives: Needs to add strength. A bit of a tweener right now. Poor decision making and shot selection. Doesn't always look like he knows what he's doing out there.

Summary: Versatile forward got off to a hot start for Syracuse. He cooled a bit in the second half of the season, but scouts are still high on his long-term prospects. While he still needs to refine his game, there's no questioning that he's one of the best talents in the draft. A potential lottery pick.

DORSEY:

Chad Ford's Analysis: Dorsey is a Ben Wallace clone -- a tough, physical rebounder and an explosive leaper and dunker. He's not a great offensive player and he can be inconsistent in his effort, but Dorsey is a good value pick here.

Draft Projection: Late first to early second

Similarities: Ben Wallace

Notes:

Positives: Dorsey is an incredibly strong low-post player with explosive athleticism. Can be a beast on the boards. Good offensive rebounder. Good shot-blocker. Physical defender.

Negatives: He's not much of an offensive threat. He's a bit undersized to play his natural position at center. He doesn't always play hard or committed. Teams worry about his motor.

Summary: Normally, players like Dorsey don't get a lot of love come draft time. But the similarties to Ben Wallace's game will give them a second look. He's not as good of a prospect as Big Ben because he doesn't have the same motor, but we expect to see him in a NBA uniform for a long time.

Yea he's another Ben Wallace. I was getting ready to post that.

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 12:17 AM
dorsey isnt chuck hayes.

he is a dunking beast. chuck hayes cant dunk to save his life

Lol, he was in a slam dunk contest one of his years in college. Thats really hard to believe.

el_locoteee
06-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Can Joey Dorsey be the next Maxiell????

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Can Joey Dorsey be the next Maxiell????

Possibly, I'm kinda glad we got him though.

wTFaMonkey
06-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Lol, he was in a slam dunk contest one of his years in college. Thats really hard to believe.
:D

but i rarely the chuckster dunk in game. all he does are those little layups. not saying it isnt effective. but he doesnt dunk like carl landry.

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 12:22 AM
:D

but i rarely the chuckster dunk in game. all he does are those little layups. not saying it isnt effective. but he doesnt dunk like carl landry.

I know. I wanna see him dunk more. I've only seen him dunk once or twice in the NBA.

LutherHeadJob
06-27-2008, 12:24 AM
So Dorsey is like Ben Wallace?

Is it the Wallace before he became a bum ?

ElPigto
06-27-2008, 12:25 AM
I don't know about you all, but Dorsey reminds me of Jason Maxiell.

Knickerblogger
06-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Dorsey? Houston's got enough undersized PF's.

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Dorsey? Houston's got enough undersized PF's.

He's listed at 6'9.

LutherHeadJob
06-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Reading the Draft thingy, why does Greene remind me of Eddy Griffin? tall athletic player who loves to shoot the 3.

What does his game look like?

ClutchCityReturns
06-27-2008, 12:47 AM
He's listed at 6'9.

Well that must mean he's 6'9", right!?!?!?

Wrong. He measured out at 6'7.25" in shoes.

But, statistically he projects as the 3rd best PF in the draft after Beasley and Love. Should be able to contribute right away. I really like the pick.

Greene is raw. Doesn't project well statistically and could take a while to adjust to the NBA game.

wTFaMonkey
06-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Reading the Draft thingy, why does Greene remind me of Eddy Griffin? tall athletic player who loves to shoot the 3.

What does his game look like?
from what i saw. he has a high arching shot. :rockon:

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 12:50 AM

But, statistically he projects as the 3rd best PF in the draft after Beasley and Love. Should be able to contribute right away. I really like the pick.

Greene is raw. Doesn't project well statistically and could take a while to adjust to the NBA game.

Yea I only saw one 6'7 when I looked him up. Everything else said 6'9. Either way 6'7 and up is average enough to be a PF.

el_locoteee
06-27-2008, 12:58 AM

He will be listed as 6'7 in the NBA like most of the players who the measured get buff by the NBA.

So by NBA standard he will be 6'8 / 6'9

ClutchCityReturns
06-27-2008, 12:58 AM
A taste of Dorsey's game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLdJeTDuBg (Chuck Hayes?...right lol)

A taste of Greene's game: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/draft (Click on his video icon)

ClutchCityReturns
06-27-2008, 01:02 AM
He will be listed as 6'7 in the NBA like most of the players who the measured get buff by the NBA.

So by NBA standard he will be 6'8 / 6'9

I just did a random sample of players and they weren't buffed from their draft camp measurements. Some were rounded up (Landry listed at 6'9" but is only 6'8.5" in shoes) or were actually listed shorter (Brandan Wright, Joakim Noah both listed an inch shy of their measurement).

Dorsey was well known for being a "small" big man, so I think he'll be listed 6'7".

el_locoteee
06-27-2008, 01:07 AM
I just did a random sample of players and they weren't buffed from their draft camp measurements. Some were rounded up (Landry listed at 6'9" but is only 6'8.5" in shoes) or were actually listed shorter (Brandan Wright, Joakim Noah both listed an inch shy of their measurement).

Dorsey was well known for being a "small" big man, so I think he'll be listed 6'7".

Cmon. Hayes is not 6'6, Aaron Brooks is not 6'0, DH is not 6'11, etc.

BTW he have a 8'11 Standing Reach same as Beasley who is an inch taller

wTFaMonkey
06-27-2008, 01:17 AM
imagine dorsey and landry both in the front court.

athletic explosion!

el_locoteee
06-27-2008, 01:19 AM

athletic explosion!

Are you ready for some fast break action.

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 01:23 AM

athletic explosion!

We need to let these 2 train with Olajuwon.

LutherHeadJob
06-27-2008, 01:26 AM
Dorsey looks like Landry with a lot more muscle :eek:

CaptainOwlClub
06-27-2008, 01:53 AM
what a great trade for the rockets

i believe alot of this shows how badly portland wanted another player to stash overseas- why dont they just buyone of those clubs over there and just start a triple-A team? how many supposed high level prospects rights do they have right now?

i thought maybe, and some say for sure that batum is a top 20 level nba player-but that is still maybe and who know when- i caught alot of heat for dorsey but i really think he is a day 1 impact player- i had him in the lottery of all my mock drafts- green imo has a rashard lewis type potential- and in some ways maybe higher- must be thrilled

DOMINATOR
06-27-2008, 02:23 AM
wonder who is going to be packaged for a PG or SG/SF

PG: Rafer, Brooks, Francis, Jackson
SG: Tmac, Head
SF: Battier, Harris
PF: Scola, Landry, Hayes, Greene, Novak
C: Yao, Deke, Dorsey

guess Greene could play the 3 does he have the handles?

i think rockets will sign and give Gerald Green a chance to make the club.

SmackOrH.A.K
06-27-2008, 03:31 AM

SF is Donte's natural position.

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 04:06 AM

More than likely, Francis is gonna be at the 2, Greene at the 3, Novak at the 3, and Dorsey at the 4/5. Scola also plays 5 sometimes. I doubt that were keeping Loren Woods but I also heard that were getting Gerald Green back. Thats just what I heard though.

JordanL
06-27-2008, 04:09 AM
Grats to Houston. As a Portland fan, I think you guys are the only team we didn't completely fleece this year in the draft. We both ended up with who we wanted. :)

stevieming
06-27-2008, 04:46 AM
man I love dorsey....he is exactly what houston needs, I've been preaching this all last season, if only we had someone like jason maxsteel...(can't spell his second name, and no i can't be bothered to look it up)

someone physical and can really board it up and finish with dunks rather then layups....:cheers:

yeah....

I know its a bit of a long shot, but maybe houston for glory next year......

rafer/shane/tmac/dorsey/yao

francis in the second unit for scoring punch....

Q.E.C
06-27-2008, 06:20 AM
man I love dorsey....he is exactly what houston needs, I've been preaching this all last season, if only we had someone like jason maxsteel...(can't spell his second name, and no i can't be bothered to look it up)

someone physical and can really board it up and finish with dunks rather then layups....:cheers:

yeah....

I know its a bit of a long shot, but maybe houston for glory next year......

rafer/shane/tmac/dorsey/yao

francis in the second unit for scoring punch....

Did you see Landry at all this year?

fatboy11
06-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Looks like Dorsey is going to play some center for us. I was kinda confused as to why we wanted him, but I can't argue with toughness and rebounding. We now have our enforcer.

LutherHeadJob
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Now that i got over my anger of not getting CDR Houston actually did pretty good, Morey is dodgey bastard, getting Batum knowing both the spurs and the blazer were interested, and knew the grizz liked Arthur, so he told the Blazers to take Arthur, and since Greene was the best player by far at pick 28 the griz had to take him.

Dodgey. Bastard :roll:

nba_55
06-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Man, Dorsey look like a small Howard.:bowdown:

Greene must be good cuz he was projected lottery and mid draft.

Marikina
06-28-2008, 03:04 AM
We already call Landry a beast, so what does that make Dorsey? :eek:

LutherHeadJob
06-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Man, Dorsey look like a small Howard.:bowdown:

Greene must be good cuz he was projected lottery and mid draft.

Howard looks like a taller Dorsey :bowdown:

brantonli
06-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Nice trade, looks like Morey is going for potential in these two and hoping they would pan out. Batum is a looong project. Also, I remember Morey saying Woods was definitely in the Rockets plans (to cut him lol) but for the future, and trades will need to be done to upgrade the backcourt.

Skywalker
06-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Dorsey's a freak definitely wil be some huge dunks from him this year.

LutherHeadJob
06-28-2008, 07:47 AM
We already call Landry a beast, so what does that make Dorsey? :eek:

The almighty blackzilla :bowdown: :bowdown:

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-18-2012, 10:31 PM
this

paintingshade
05-18-2012, 11:31 PM
this

We flipped Greene for artest after Greene showed out in the summer league. If that didn't happen it wouldve been a horrible trade

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-18-2012, 11:34 PM
We flipped Greene for artest after Greene showed out in the summer league. If that didn't happen it wouldve been a horrible trade
:lol whatever dude.

RoseCity07
05-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Batum turned out to be the best player in this deal.

soadrules
05-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Batum turned out to be the best player in this deal.

I'm not sure there was ever any doubt as to who the best player was. I'm sure there were ulterior motives behind the trade. ($?). I'd hope so at least.

L.Kizzle
05-19-2012, 12:01 AM
We had Shane Battier at the time, no need for Batum.

paintingshade
05-19-2012, 12:13 AM
We had Shane Battier at the time, no need for Batum.
This too. Batum didn't fit our win now mode. That rockets team was amazing. Injuries are not an excuse i guess bit they had a really good squad