PDA

View Full Version : Predict the busts

kidachi
06-26-2008, 11:37 PM
REMEMBER, WE ALL SEE DIFFERENT. THIS IS JUST ME.

OJ MAYO
- I really feel he will be. I think he'll be surprised on what the NBA defense has to offer. But IDK. I was wrong with Ben Gordon.

BROOK LOPEZ
- S.O.F.T.Y C.R.Y.B.A.B.Y

JOE ALEXANDER
- eeehh. he settles too much on jumpers. that won't get you far. specially that he's a big.

DANILO GALLINARI
- Bargnani 2.0

ROBIN LOPEZ
- he's soft. he might be a great cheerleader though.

EDIT: you can include your predicted studs too if you like.

Mateo
06-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Eric Gordon. Short scorers without any other skills are a dime a dozen. Stats aren't very good. A/T of .66 yuck.

Kiddlovesnets
06-26-2008, 11:40 PM

OJ MAYO
- I really feel he will be. I think he'll be surprised on what the NBA defense has to offer. But IDK. I was wrong with Ben Gordon.

BROOK LOPEZ
- S.O.F.T.Y C.R.Y.B.A.B.Y

JOE ALEXANDER
- eeehh. he settles too much on jumpers. that won't get you far. specially that he's a big.

DANILO GALLINARI
- Bargnani 2.0

ROBIN LOPEZ
- he's soft. he might be a great cheerleader though.

EDIT: you can include your predicted studs too if you like.

Pau Gasol is soft but he's not a bust, right?

Koop1
06-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Gallinari

shaoyut
06-26-2008, 11:41 PM
lol robin lopez as a cheerleader

Jimmy2k8
06-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Funny, because the ones you predict to be busts usually become studs.

InspiredLebowski
06-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Jarryd Bayless. Just because I'm pissed.

i seen hippos
06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Kevin Durant.

Jimmy2k8
06-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Greg Oden.

Fixed for great justice.

KNOW1EDGE
06-26-2008, 11:49 PM

Dont say that.

But Joe Alexander will be a huge bust. He is not worthy of the #8 pick.

i seen hippos
06-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Kevin Durant

I agree.

trig
06-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Alexander and Gordon

InspiredLebowski
06-26-2008, 11:52 PM
Dont say that.

But Joe Alexander will be a huge bust. He is not worthy of the #8 pick.

Bayless will be a bust and Brandon Rush will be an All-Defense team guy who appears in an ASG eventually.

I still want to know what's up with Bird calling the deal speculation. I could see that if it was just ESPN saying it, but they announced it AT THE DRAFT.

RoseCity07
06-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Definitely Greg Oden, Rudy Fernandez, and Bayless... all busts. Kobe will win MVP again....and then change his number to 23.

shaoyut
06-26-2008, 11:54 PM
alexander shouldnt of gone 8th he should of gone like 10+

Koop1
06-26-2008, 11:59 PM
I agree.
LOLLLLL
retards

allball
06-27-2008, 12:43 AM
DANILO GALLINARI
- Bargnani 2.0

JOE ALEXANDER-given how high he was taken

iggy>
06-27-2008, 12:56 AM
OJ WILL NOT BE A BUST!

but brook lopez might be. and im pretty sure that russell westbrook will only be a role player, nothing special.

and whoever the knicks picked.

TMT
06-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Anyone else see Westbrook being a bust, or at least not playing to the potential Seattle thinks he has?

NYK-Bball
06-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Anyone else see Westbrook being a bust, or at least not playing to the potential Seattle thinks he has?

Westbrook is gonna be good.

bdreason
06-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Westbrook will be a bust at #4.

Sroek
06-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Beasley will be a big-time bust.

Quickness
06-27-2008, 01:08 AM
I'd say my bust but there seems to be alot of hype about him and I'd probably get slack for it.

iggy>
06-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Beasley will be a big-time bust.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

will u still be on this forum when hes averaging 20 a game next year?

omarnyc
06-27-2008, 01:16 AM
derrick rose
that euro guy the knicks picked up

Fizzle
06-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Danilo wont be a bust. He could be bigger than Rose, Beasley and Mayo down the road. Besides Rose, Danilo is the only player that has a serious, proven work ethic and D'Aontoni wont let him fail. I don't see Rose panning out to be the next CP3 or Deron until he can run a half court offense.

LutherHeadJob
06-27-2008, 03:02 AM
that guy the spurs took who no one knows.

Miller Time
06-27-2008, 07:30 AM

I hope so too...

Dang I was excited to see Bayless in a pacers uniform. Now I really hope he becomes a bust, so I can say that Larry made a good trade.

Kiddlovesnets
06-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Yi Jianlian, or he can't even be as good as a bust.

eliteballer
06-27-2008, 07:51 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

will u still be on this forum when hes averaging 20 a game next year?

No way he's dropping 20 a game next year. Not with Wade and Marion around. Only reason Durant did it was he had to chuck on a no talent squad.

VCMVP1551
06-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Brook Lopez- He's soft and won't even dominate smaller competition. He shot under 47% against much smaller college big men last eyar. He's the next Chris Mihm. You can expect 10 and 6 with a few baskets in the post, a decent midrange J and solid passing skills but not much else.

ukballer
06-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Sorry to my Bobcats team, but Alexis Ajinca.

Dasher
06-27-2008, 09:18 AM
BUSTS
Derrick Rose-He is a long way away from being a legit point guard. He was overhyped.

Eric Gordon-Combo sized guard without the combo guard skill set.

Joe Alexander-This year's recipient of the whiteboy bump. He can jump,but his in-game lateral quickness is suspect.

Kevin Love-He had trouble with athletic bigs in college, and his workout numbers are a mirage. If a guy is not athletic on tape his not athletic period.

Brook Lopez-Stanford Bigman

Studs
Mike Beasley-Will get it done on the NBA level. Pat had you mofos going.

Walter Sharpe-I thought he was going back to school. Joey D has done it again. He has lottery talent, but has a past. Is a more skilled player than all the bigs drafted not named Beasley.

Darrell Arthur-The slipping he indured may have placed a much-needed chip on his shoulder. Look for him to beast.

Interminator
06-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Busts:

Danilo Gallinari-The New York media will make him the posterchild for the Mike D'Antoni era and his poor group of teammates along with the limited playing time he'll receive at the 3 wih Q,Balkman,and Chandler will eventually ruin his confidence and he'll probably be traded elsewhere.

Michael Beasley-Too much is expected of him to translate his college game to the NBA but rarely does that happen.Beasley's a slow footed selfish PF with a basic post game and poor court vision.Beasley also has questionable work ethic which you can tell just from an interview that he either sounds tired or he doesn't seem to have that "extra it" to become a better player.He'll be considered a bust in the media's hype for him but 16/8 sounds like his career averaged.

Russell Westbrook-Undersized SG without the ability to create his own shot that will be used as a PG in Seattle but he lacks the instincts and court vision to be a PG and doesn't have the strength or the ability to alter shots with his 6'7 wingspan against anybody who drives to the basket.Undersized slasher SG's never make it in the NBA.

JaVale McGee-Washington has a poor track record of developing potential in the post and McGee's poor workouts have shown that he is not ready physically to play in the NBA and he'll probably end up as a young developing big man with a 3 year plan attatched to his name but he probably won't develop much after 3 years and be traded.

bonez26
06-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Busts:

Brook Lopez
Roy Hibbert
Javale Mcgee

Studs (beside the obvious 1 and 2):

Mayo
Rush
Courtney Lee (sleeper)

best Value fopr pick:

NJ - CDR at 40

DCL
06-27-2008, 11:35 AM
add another vote for the cupcake twins from stanford.

VCMVP1551
06-27-2008, 11:57 AM
BUSTS

:roll:

That statement says it all.

guy
06-27-2008, 12:17 PM

OJ MAYO

I would expect Mayo to be much better then Gordon, so if thats all that becomes of him I would say BUST.

stephanieg
06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
All of them.

K-Mart
06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Calling Bargnani a bust after only 2 seasons in the NBA is pretty absurd.

D-Rose
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Russel Westbrook,Anthony Randolph,Jason Thompson,and possibly Gallinari and Alexander.

hito da god
06-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Busts:
Gallinari - as a knick fan, I would have been happier taking brandon rush at the SF spot... I don't like these soft euros at all.

Eric Gordon - undersized and not very polished. That usually doesn't translate well.

Kevin love - an unathletic 6'7 PF. I don't care if he's lost 15 pounds. Not impressive. He should have milked the college game for as many years as possible because he's NEVER gonna see that type of glory in the NBA. He'll be a good role player as the 6th/7th man for a contending team at best imo. Not worth #5.

Studs:
OJ mayo - everybody underrates his athleticism, and he was probably the most polished player drafted last night. Not very big, but it doesn't matter... He's a big time player

Brandon rush - athletic, he can shoot, and he defends. He has more of an NBA game than a college game imo and we'll see that in the next coming years.

Brook lopez - not as soft as people make him out to be, and I think after three years of NBA experience he will be a stud to the tune of 17/9/2/2. Brooklyn is gonna love him and lebron.

Michael beasley - his tenacity is what impresses me the most... The kid is just mean. Not the tallest player, but neither was barkley. He makes up for it with his body, and I think he'll be a poor man's charles barkley. It doesn't hurt that he's gonna be under riley's eye for the next few years either.

Jerryd bayless - his work ethic combined with his athleticism is what has me sold. Kid will be a lesser monta ellis, I'm very upset that the knicks passed him up last night.

Mateo
06-27-2008, 04:59 PM

He's one of the worst players in the league, period.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-27-2008, 05:01 PM
At least half of this draft will be out of the league in 4 years.

Average class, imo. Maybe worse than average.

Lebron23
06-27-2008, 05:24 PM

^^^ Bargnani's nickname is the Magician, but the only Magic he can do is disappearing in the 2nd half of the season, and getting abused by Dwight Howard in the playoffs.

I still think that he will not be a better player than Danny Manning, and people in this message board labeled Manning as an NBA Draft Busts.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_danny_manning.jpg

1988-89

16.7 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.10 bpg, 1.7 spg,

1989-1990

16.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.55 bpg

1990-91

15.9 ppg, 5.80 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.60 spg, 0.85 bpg

1991-92

19.3 ppg, 6.90 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.65 spg, 1.49 bpg

1992-93

22.8 ppg, 6.60 rpg, 2.6 apg, 1.37 spg, 1.28 bpg

1993-94

23.7 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.26 spg, 1.36 bpg,

and so forth

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/danny_manning/index.html

I don't think Manning is a draft busts he is just an under achiever just like 35 percent of the lottery picks since 1985, but at least he won a Bronze Medal during the 1988 Summer Olympics. :party:

NBA Awards and Accomplishment

First overall pick in the 1988 NBA Draft
2x NBA ALL STAR
1997-1998 Sixth Man Award

dhenk
06-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Brook and Robin Klitschko.

bigkingsfan
06-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I like how people are putting down Jason Thompson when they haven't seen the guy play a single minute in the NCAA.

Dasher
06-27-2008, 05:34 PM
D Cups
Kevin Love-He comes to the NBA withh a set of nice C's. After a year of hitting buffets on the road for a year he will get back to his D cup glory.

Nathan Jawai-He has a plump bust. That will only get jucier as time goes on.

C Cups
Brook Lopez-With a name like Brook how could he not develop a decent chest game.

Robin-see above.

B Cups
Anthony Randolph-I know this sounds like a stretch but Randy will eventually be a moderately endowed young man.

lawlerslaw100
06-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Pat Riley's body language tells the story. He drafted the Kwame Brown of this year's draft in Micheal Beasley.

The Knick's pick of Bargani 2.0 in Gallinari is seconded.

OJ Mayo will struggle to guard Kobe, Baron Davis, D Wade etc. His shot
will be inconsistent. His TOs will be more than 3 a game. The problem
is that OJ does not fit Memphis or the Western Conference. I see him
as an Eastern Conference player. He would do much better in New York
playing next to Jason Kidd.

Kujo
06-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Pat Riley's body language tells the story. He drafted the Kwame Brown of this year's draft in Micheal Beasley.

The Knick's pick of Bargani 2.0 in Gallinari is seconded.

Beasley will not be the next Kwame Brown. No way. I think he will be a stud in the NBA.

I have a feeling Gallinari will be better than Bargnani, but still won't be worthy where he was drafted.

I agree that Mayo is a potential bust. I just don't think he will live up to the hype.

I think Westbrook will really struggle trying to be a PG. He's an athletic slasher, and defensive minded player. Not worthy of the 4th pick. I could see him turning into a solid role player.

gotbacon23
06-27-2008, 08:58 PM
i have a feeling that javale mcgee will be a bust... even for being picked 18th i think he will be a bust. someone with his size and athleticism must really not know how to play if they arent picked in the lottery.

Nets fan 93
06-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Yi Jianlian, or he can't even be as good as a bust.
Go be a Dallas fan you are acting like a big baby

statman32
06-27-2008, 09:09 PM
I like how people are putting down Jason Thompson when they haven't seen the guy play a single minute in the NCAA.
Most people just copy whatever the analysts are saying. Another thing I have noticed over the years is people that were said to be drafted a lil too high are automatically deemed busts and players that fell are automatically deemed studs.

statman32
06-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Most people just copy whatever the analysts are saying. Another thing I have noticed over the years is people that were said to be drafted a lil too high are automatically deemed busts and players that fell are automatically deemed studs.

What happened to the Kings taking Hibbert? I heard the Kings had him higher than Hawes on there draft board last year b4 he pulled out of the draft

wang4three
06-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Gordon, Westbrook, Randolph.

Beasley won't end up being the 2nd best player in this draft.

wang4three
06-27-2008, 09:45 PM

Jason Thompson is no joke. He's probably one of the most refined bigmen in the league. I had the pleasure of seeing him live several times this year..If he keeps up the work ethic, he may end up the best big man in the draft. Guy has more power moves and none of that fadeaway bull**** that all bigmen are trying to do now.

BFRESH44
06-27-2008, 09:45 PM

I agree.

He'll be THE best.

quasimoto
07-01-2009, 10:02 AM
BUSTS
Derrick Rose-He is a long way away from being a legit point guard. He was overhyped.

Eric Gordon-Combo sized guard without the combo guard skill set.

Joe Alexander-This year's recipient of the whiteboy bump. He can jump,but his in-game lateral quickness is suspect.

Kevin Love-He had trouble with athletic bigs in college, and his workout numbers are a mirage. If a guy is not athletic on tape his not athletic period.

Studs
Mike Beasley-Will get it done on the NBA level. Pat had you mofos going.

Walter Sharpe-I thought he was going back to school. Joey D has done it again. He has lottery talent, but has a past. Is a more skilled player than all the bigs drafted not named Beasley.

Darrell Arthur-The slipping he indured may have placed a much-needed chip on his shoulder. Look for him to beast.

http://6.media.tumblr.com/yBOMjOdTzlg6nerbOZHiJPHko1_400.jpg

GOON MUSIC
07-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Brook Lopez gonna be an allstar in two years, maybe less

Johnni Gade
07-02-2009, 06:57 AM
Funny, because the ones you predict to be busts usually become studs.
:applause:

MikeD84
07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
javale mcgee

Basketman
07-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Hasheem Thabeet

FIXED
07-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I agree that Mayo is a potential bust. I just don't think he will live up to the hype.

:hammerhead:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Ane0sKNYIpWz2lqau4434fLOPaB4?gid=200 8121429

Mayo dropped 28 pts on Wade, while holding Wade to 5-14 shooting and 17 pts. The first fail. Shot inconsistent, he shot better than 39 % from 3pt line in 4 out of the 6 regular season months. The the eastern conference is p*ssy competition, I like when he goes up against the big boys out west like Brandon Roy, Manu, Kobe etc. He averaged 2.8 TPG, he needs to get that down though.

At least half of this draft will be out of the league in 4 years.

Average class, imo. Maybe worse than average.

Another Fail. This could be up there with the 96, 03, 84 Draft. Especially when Mayo because " The Next One". Beasley could easily but a walking 20+ and 10 guy. Eric Gordon has shown he is a big time player. Rose what can't we say about Rose.

I would expect Mayo to be much better then Gordon, so if thats all that becomes of him I would say BUST.

Ben Gordon has to be one of the most underrated players in this League. While you guys were praising DRose, Gordon wasn't getting any love and he is a big time player very clutch.

Danilo wont be a bust. He could be bigger than Rose, Beasley and Mayo down the road. Besides Rose, Danilo is the only player that has a serious, proven work ethic and D'Aontoni wont let him fail. I don't see Rose panning out to be the next CP3 or Deron until he can run a half court offense.

If there was any bust in this draft it was Danilo. Saying a person oversees is better that our best HS players in Mayo, Rose, Beasley shows your level of intelligence. Rose will be better than Paul, and Williams also.

OJ MAYO

What a difference a year makes. Mayo went from being a consensus bust, to being compared to Kobe Bryant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z10gkU3gqdg

All these post were pre- lilojmayo. I can tell by the dates. For every homer like him, PB, Alpha Wolf, Spudjjay etc, they are 30 haters right beside them.

Interminator
07-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Bump.

:roll: @ how right I was, I like McGee though, he just wasnt a good workout type player but the potential is there.

OJMayoDaFuture
07-06-2009, 09:34 PM
I Do Not Care What Anyone Says Blake Mother****ing Griffin Is A B.I.T.M. (Bust In The Making)

oballers4life
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I Do Not Care What Anyone Says Blake Mother****ing Griffin Is A B.I.T.M. (Bust In The Making)

i agree

oballers4life
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Russel Westbrook,Anthony Randolph,Jason Thompson,and possibly Gallinari and Alexander.

first 3 are actually good
westbrook is a future star and randolph could end up as the best player in the draft

Snoop_Cat
07-08-2009, 12:52 AM

I don't think he's a BITM, but I do agree that he is certainly overhyped.
He won't be the 20/10 AllStar guy the people are hyping him to be. I see him to be at ebst a good starting PF.

JG000
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
This could be up there with the 96, 03, 84 Draft.

it will be...

wang4three
07-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Gordon, Westbrook, Randolph.

Well, I was definitely wrong about Gordon. I think my Illini-hate at the time shined too bright. I actually like Gordon quite a bit right now.

Westbrook, so far it seems I'm wrong but I'm going to be reserved. I think he's one of those guys who looks bright right now cause the team is bad, but down the line as they get better he won't be as instrumental. I really think people's opinions are going to change on him once OKC gets more nat'l TV time and as they get better.

And Randolph. He's shown flashes, but I'm still not sold on anything.

Oh, and so far I'm right on Beasley.

phoenix18
07-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Other than my nuts, I would have to choose Rubio and Griffin.

MannyO
07-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I would probably say Brandon Jennings And Ricky Rubio

supersmashbros
09-03-2009, 12:22 PM
I looking forward to Pyscho T getting busted in the NBA...his blatant fouls aren't going to get tolerated in the NBA. I hope he gets owned...and let's see who he is gonna dunk on in the NBA?

Jeffrey_Teague
09-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Sadly... Thabeet and Griffin is not gonna be able too push around guys like he did in college anymore plus he doesnt even have a post game wahtsoever but atleast a decent jumper but still gonna somewhat predict he'll be a bust well not a bust just not as good as he is thought too be.

Toni
09-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Gotta put my money on Thabeet. He will have a hard time doing anything on offense for the next 10 years. He's a Theo Ratliff at best.

iDunk
09-08-2009, 10:52 PM
#2 Draftee Hasheem Thabeet;

Reason, He started playing basketball like 4 years ago? No offensive game whatsoever, can rebound and block, but is that it? .

Rookie Numbers:

PPG: 5.4
RPG: 4.1
APG: 0.3
SPG: 0.3
BPG: 1.7
FG: 53%
3P: 0%
FT: 61%

#12 Draftee Gerald Henderson;

Reason, just too many players in front of him in the rotation not giving him the ability to prove himself. Still, he wasn't that amazing in College putting up mediocre numbers. We'll just have to see.

Rookie Numbers:

PPG: 5.7
RPG: 2.1
APG: 1.0
SPG: 0.5
BPG: 0.4
FG: 43%
3P: 30%
FT: 75%

#17 Draftee Jrue Holiday;

Reason, Summer League showed it all. Bad shot selection, doesn't pass at all. People believe he is a point guard but he doesn't even belong in that area. He even showed in College that he couldn't keep up with the crowd.

Rookie Numbers:

PPG: 4.9
RPG: 1.4
APG: 2.6
SPG: 0.6
BPG: 0.3
FG: 41%
3P: 29%
FT: 72%

Mr_Basketball#1
09-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Besides Raja Bell who is on the decline, who does Gerald Henderson have in front of him to hinder him from getting good minutes?

Mista Kool
09-12-2009, 11:32 AM
I looking forward to Pyscho T getting busted in the NBA...his blatant fouls aren't going to get tolerated in the NBA. I hope he gets owned...and let's see who he is gonna dunk on in the NBA?

I can't see Ty Legend failing in the NBA. The man's simply too talented with too strong of a work ethic. His shooting mechanism in the post is so unorthodox that it's close to unblockable, and he's got a sweet shooting touch to back it up.

He'll eventually be an 18/10 guy in the NBA.