PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love will be the biggest bust in the 2008 draft

the even bigger black guy
06-27-2008, 01:41 AM
He's overrated like JJ Reddick and Adam Morisson both were. He is a stiff who has a decent jumper. He will be a bust. Mark my words.

Skywalker
06-27-2008, 01:41 AM
I thought so too but now I have to pray he isnt. ****!

fos
06-27-2008, 01:44 AM
He's overrated like JJ Reddick and Adam Morisson both were. He is a stiff who has a decent jumper. He will be a bust. Mark my words.

Nope. I see the correlation though cause they're all white. Alexander is white, is he a bust too? Was Olawakandi or Kwame Freakin' Brown busts cause they didn't have a decent jumpshot?

ChrisKreager
06-27-2008, 01:44 AM
You're dead wrong.

The biggest bust will be that guy the Knicks took at #6.

Mad Max
06-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Look at me, I'm lifting up my skirt showing my ass. And in other news I got a prediction you should buy. If it fails I wont acknowledge or mention it. But I'll point out others failed predictions. Look at me...see my bon bon!

fos
06-27-2008, 01:46 AM
Fill me in on your logic please. He's the fifth pick... His one knock is his size. Oh and he's taller and beat Beasely on his precamp workout (You know they test your athleticism there right? He was faster more agile and had the same vert). So shouldn't Beasely be the bigger bust since he was taken number two? He's just another stiff ;)

High Potential
06-27-2008, 01:50 AM
There is no player in the NBA today like Kevin Love. He will be an allstar based on his badass name alone.

ihatetimthomas
06-27-2008, 01:52 AM
I think he is going to be a great plyer. SOund fundamentals, great work ethic. He seems like a professional and his atitude is right. He has the best touch out of all big men in this draft, nice shooting, and nice passing. High IQ player. His athleticism is also underrrated

SupermanOnSteroids
06-27-2008, 01:52 AM
love will be a decent 18/8 guy. not a star, but a decent player.

bigkingsfan
06-27-2008, 01:53 AM
How is this moron allow to create new threads?

High Potential
06-27-2008, 01:54 AM
18/8/6 assist I think will be stats for Kevin Love's prime.

baseketball4life
06-27-2008, 01:56 AM
exactly, i agree 100%

love will never be better than a Drew Gooden type player

the even bigger black guy
06-27-2008, 01:57 AM
18/8/6 assist I think will be stats for Kevin Love's prime.

wow. nobody else in the nba is doing this right now, and kevin love will do it??

High Potential
06-27-2008, 01:58 AM
wow. nobody else in the nba is doing this right now, and kevin love will do it??
Have you seen Kevin Love's outlet passing? Or his passing in half court sets? He is the best passing big man the league has seen in a LOOOONGG ass time.

Knuck the Ficks
06-27-2008, 02:00 AM
Ignore High Potential, he's talking out of his as$ as usual (see the Euro2008 thread for more examples)

Quickness
06-27-2008, 02:01 AM
I said this when I saw him in the tourney this year, was afraid to say it due to getting a bunch of slack. He just couldnt get it done against other great college players and seemed liked a over hyped white guy, but announcers kept making excuses for him.

High Potential
06-27-2008, 02:03 AM
Do you realize he was playing with a hurt back since the Pac 10 tournament? A badly hurt back at that. You guys weren't watching him at full strength, you were watching a hurt injured Kevin Love.

taibien86
06-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Have you seen Kevin Love's outlet passing? Or his passing in half court sets? He is the best passing big man the league has seen in a LOOOONGG ass time.

have you seen his skin color? he's going to be a bust bc of just that. name the last white guy who played really well after being drafted

High Potential
06-27-2008, 02:05 AM
have you seen his skin color? he's going to be a bust bc of just that. name the last white guy who played really well after being drafted
Sasha Vujacic

Quickness
06-27-2008, 02:06 AM
am I the only one who thinks Darko looks like a child molester?

High Potential
06-27-2008, 02:08 AM
am I the only one who thinks Darko looks like a child molester?
Did you see the youtube clip where he said he would rape the referees moms?

Quickness
06-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Did you see the youtube clip where he said he would rape the referees moms?

link?

FireMcFailPlease
06-27-2008, 02:11 AM
I hope he busts

Roy Munson
06-27-2008, 02:12 AM
I don't think Love can be considered a bust unless he seriously sucks. No one is expecting him to be a franchise saving superstar. He was drafted high because of his great skills, and high basketball IQ. He was drafted to horrible team and was traded to a horrible team, but he isn't there to turn the team around. He will, however, be a very nice player to have on a team. Multi position, multi skilled type player.

The other white busts that have been named have been one dimensional players (Morrison and Reddick).

High Potential
06-27-2008, 02:14 AM
I don't think Love can be considered a bust unless he seriously sucks. No one is expecting him to be a franchise saving superstar. He was drafted high because of his great skills, and high basketball IQ. He was drafted to horrible team and was traded to a horrible team, but he isn't there to turn the team around. He will, however, be a very nice player to have on a team. Multi position, multi skilled type player.

The other white busts that have been named have been one dimensional players (Morrison and Reddick).
Also people are judging him just from the NCAA tournament but they don't seem to realize that he was playing through a pretty bad back injury the entire tournament. That wasn't him at full strength

DARKO-RAPE MOM LINK!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3j363HWQM

BlogOFfatman
06-27-2008, 02:18 AM
Also people are judging him just from the NCAA tournament but they don't seem to realize that he was playing through a pretty bad back injury the entire tournament. That wasn't him at full strength

DARKO-RAPE MOM LINK!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3j363HWQM

How do we know that is what he is really saying? I could put anything in there if I wanted too.

bigkingsfan
06-27-2008, 02:19 AM
How do we know that is what he is really saying? I could put anything in there if I wanted too.
It's accurately translated...

BlogOFfatman
06-27-2008, 02:20 AM
It's accurately translated...

Do you speak serbian?

Quickness
06-27-2008, 02:20 AM
dont know ive watched alot of his highlights, this kid is majorly hyped up.

High Potential
06-27-2008, 02:23 AM
Read the youtube comments. Serbs will confirm.

Quickness
06-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Milicic seems like a sick mother****er, also mentioning if they had kids he'd **** em hard too. Seriously someone needs to shoot him.

Roy Munson
06-27-2008, 02:26 AM
dont know ive watched alot of his highlights, this kid is majorly hyped up.

Highlights aren't everything. He was majorly hyped up coming into college and backed it up big time. Not every college freshman that got drafted can say that.

shaoyut
06-27-2008, 02:27 AM
typical memphis

DwadeOverLebron
06-27-2008, 02:48 AM
oj mayo be the biggest bust, darell arthur n CDR will be the biggest steal

Human Error
06-27-2008, 02:55 AM
Oh and he's taller and beat Beasely on his precamp workout (You know they test your athleticism there right? He was faster more agile and had the same vert).
That's absolutely BS. I'll believe you when Kevin Love could pull a between the legs dunk.

SupermanOnSteroids
06-27-2008, 02:58 AM
he'll be the white antwan jamison

High Potential
06-27-2008, 03:06 AM
I repeat, stop judging love just from the Tournament, that wasn't true Kevin Love because he had a bad back injury he was playing through that he picked up in the Pac 10 tournament. He played only because he knew his draft status depended on his tournament performance.

final.wrath
06-27-2008, 03:14 AM

:roll: are u sure about that? just cause he can shoot? thats the only way they are similar.

Roy Munson
06-27-2008, 03:20 AM
He played only because he knew his draft status depended on his tournament performance.

I'm pretty sure he probably wanted to win a national championship as well.

chains5000
06-27-2008, 03:24 AM
And that's a bust?:confusedshrug:

final.wrath
06-27-2008, 03:35 AM
Milicic seems like a sick mother****er, also mentioning if they had kids he'd **** em hard too. Seriously someone needs to shoot him.

apparently that expression is part of the serbian culture. the people who understood the language here when that happened said it wasn't atypical kind of talk for serbs.

which is the real disturbing point^.

but anyways, the pistons used to call him the serbian gangsta. i don't think they were kidding. yugoslavia region in general is wartorn and brutal. someone on the serbian team was forbidden from entering croatia because he had a tattoo of a ww2 general that massacred croats. they are very ethnocentric and hateful.

coming to america must have been a crazy ass culture shock. he probably was raised racist against black people anyway, sorry for talking out of my ass but I would think that it is true. i know a few albanians and 1 serb and they do not like other races very much at all.

High Potential
06-27-2008, 03:40 AM
apparently that expression is part of the serbian culture. the people who understood the language here when that happened said it wasn't atypical kind of talk for serbs.

which is the real disturbing point^.

but anyways, the pistons used to call him the serbian gangsta. i don't think they were kidding. yugoslavia region in general is wartorn and brutal. someone on the serbian team was forbidden from entering croatia because he had a tattoo of a ww2 general that massacred croats. they are very ethnocentric and hateful.

coming to america must have been a crazy ass culture shock. he probably was raised racist against black people anyway, sorry for talking out of my ass but I would think that it is true. i know a few albanians and 1 serb and they do not like other races very much at all.
I remember before the draft his ESPN the Magazine article said scouts thought he had "swagger and badness" to him that would "earn respect of the brothers real quick" (not exact quotes but basically said that)

final.wrath
06-27-2008, 03:46 AM
i think the move to memphis would have been good for him. detroit area has a lot of eastern european mob activity.

highwhey
06-27-2008, 06:02 AM
How is this moron allow to create new threads?
the more important question is why are you allowed to post?

SupermanOnSteroids
06-27-2008, 06:44 AM
And that's a bust?:confusedshrug:
where did i say that? :confusedshrug:

chains5000
06-27-2008, 06:46 AM
where did i say that? :confusedshrug:
Nowhere.
I haven't seen him play, and you said he could be like Jamison, so I questioned if that would make him be a bust in people's eyes (thread opener's mostly).

2LeTTeRS
06-27-2008, 07:04 AM
I think Love might end up as a better college player than pro player. I will question his athleticism until he proves differently. He was never an above the rim player in college and in the pro's I always worry about big men that don't dunk (see Sean May) and how they will handle the more athletic defenders in the NBA. Some succeed, some don't. But seeing that these type players gave him problems in college, I could see him struggling some initially. Being in Minny with McHale should help though, but I don't know how he and Al will coexisit since both operate in the low post.

eliteballer
06-27-2008, 07:46 AM
How tall is he exactly. I usually look at 6-9 as adequate size for a starting PF(unless they have other freak attributes like a Brand or Barkley) and 6-10 as adequate for a starting center(unless they have freak attributes like a Wallace)

VCMVP1551
06-27-2008, 07:52 AM
How tall is he exactly. I usually look at 6-9 as adequate size for a starting PF(unless they have other freak attributes like a Brand or Barkley) and 6-10 as adequate for a starting center(unless they have freak attributes like a Wallace)

Love has good size at almost 6-8 w/o shoes, 255 pounds, a near 7 foot wingspan and his surprising 35 inch vertical will help him make up for an inch or 2.

Quickness
06-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Love has good size at almost 6-8 w/o shoes, 255 pounds, a near 7 foot wingspan and his surprising 35 inch vertical will help him make up for an inch or 2.

When has he ever used his vert

BIG FURB
06-27-2008, 08:18 AM
I think Love might end up as a better college player than pro player. I will question his athleticism until he proves differently. He was never an above the rim player in college and in the pro's I always worry about big men that don't dunk (see Sean May) and how they will handle the more athletic defenders in the NBA. Some succeed, some don't. But seeing that these type players gave him problems in college, I could see him struggling some initially. Being in Minny with McHale should help though, but I don't know how he and Al will coexisit since both operate in the low post.

Sean May's problems have been health and conditioning, but when he's actually on the floor the kid produced. I feel love is gonna be a solid nba starter for years to come. Athleticism is great, but there's something to be said for having actual basketball skills, and love is a very skilled low post player.

BFRESH44
06-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Kevin Love will be a solid 14/9 player for some time. Not a bust by any means.

Comparing him to Reddick and Morrisson is stupid. Love was among all the super freshman whom produced. You produce star numbers as a freshamn in a major conference (Pac-10), you have game that translates. Period.

mrhoopfan
06-27-2008, 08:58 AM
This pick really intrigues me......i originally thought Love would do well only on a team that had a pretty good center....I'm sorry, but a front line of Darko and love is SOFT.......but I'm rooting for the guy though!!

Mad Max
06-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Kevin Love has never been projected to be a franchise player. Some dont even think perrennial All Star player. Kevin Love produces solid numbers this topic and its creator will once again fail. Kevin Love would have to put up Darko stats to be considered a bust.

bdreason
06-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Love is going to be RotY.

He's going to be beasting next to Big Al Jeff.

305Baller
06-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Kevin Love looks like he has skills...

Interminator
06-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Kevin Love will be a solid 14/9 player for some time. Not a bust by any means.

Comparing him to Reddick and Morrisson is stupid. Love was among all the super freshman whom produced. You produce star numbers as a freshamn in a major conference (Pac-10), you have game that translates. Period.
Thats what im really getting sick of is how every white player is compared to Reddick and Morrison.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I agree Kevin Love is going to be a 14/9 player in his career,the only comparable player to Love that was a bust is Michael Sweetney but Love has now trimmed down to 250 while Sweetney's weight fluctuated to the point he was out of the league.

Love also is more polished in the post and has better basketball IQ than Sweetney or any other big man in the past 3 NBA Drafts.

That's why his praise was so high because he knew where to be on the court at all times on offense and defense and that's very rare to find for a young big man 20 & under.

west
12-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Love quickly become one of my fav player in the league.:applause:

twolvesfan
12-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Love quickly become one of my fav player in the league.:applause:
epic bump, Love is looking like one of the best bigs from last years draft. Lopez is #1 in my book

Tool
12-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Dude has been beasting since his return form injury. Something like 11 double doubles in 13 games, that alone is more than what Morrison and Reddick have done combined in the league since they were drafted.

Kevin Love is a beast close this thread.

Huey Freeman
12-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Dude has been beasting since his return form injury. Something like 11 double doubles in 13 games, that alone is more than what Morrison and Reddick have done combined in the league since they were drafted.

Kevin Love is a beast close this thread.
Considering you can't even spell Redick correctly it is safe for me to assume you don't know what you are talking about.

Averaging 9 ppg on 45% shooting and 44% behind the arc on 22 mpg is not bad at all.

CLTHornets4eva
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
This thread sucks, in no way is KLove the biggest bust of the 2008 draft. That has to go to Joe Alexander.

InspiredLebowski
02-11-2010, 02:24 AM
I know this thread is old, and Reddick was a pretty big bust there for awhile, but he's had a solid year so far.

Random fact: Reddick has 2 blocks in his entire career of over 3000 minutes, at 6'4. That's pretty crazy.