PDA

View Full Version : T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

TruthKGRay3412
06-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Trade is official:

http://www.insidehoops.com/mayo-love-miller-062708.shtml

YAWN
06-27-2008, 12:43 AM
damn ur quick

BFRESH44
06-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Crazy.

TruthKGRay3412
Kevin Love,Marco Jaric and Mike Miller are involved.

RobertSwift31
Wow. Did not see that coming. I think both teams were better off how they were.

iggy>
wtf

BlogOFfatman
Good trade for the TWolves... OJ Mayo is a thug and they get two great white boys in Kevin Love and Mike Miller, and that beast Brian Cardinal, looks like they want to market to the pale white person in Minnesota.

dak121
Steve Francis part II coming up.

ryantheporchkid
06-27-2008, 12:45 AM
I feel sorry for him.

leopoldstotch
woah woah there..... :eek:
imo, i thought mike miller is very untradable, and this happens?
and i'm kinda upset. i was looking forward to the gay-love combination. :roll:

ShowTime LA
Good trade for the TWolves... OJ Mayo is a thug and they get two great white boys in Kevin Love and Mike Miller, and that beast Brian Cardinal, looks like they want to market to the pale white person in Minnesota.

They got Marc Gasol?

BlogOFfatman
06-27-2008, 12:46 AM
They got Marc Gasol?

No, Jason Collins not Gasol, sorry.

wTFaMonkey
06-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights of Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3463045

FireMcFailPlease
06-27-2008, 12:47 AM
Give me liberty

OR GIVE ME DEATH

**** YOU MCFAIL YOU PIECE OF ****

Mr_Basketball#1
The Minnesota Timberwolves aren't holding onto O.J. Mayo for long.

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights of Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

Didn't Kobe get traded on draft night? Gay Mayo combo could be nice. They need to go after a big though

BlogOFfatman
Give me liberty

OR GIVE ME DEATH

this is a good trade....

TruthKGRay3412
06-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Give me liberty

OR GIVE ME DEATH

You guys got a good deal.

leopoldstotch
06-27-2008, 12:49 AM
now looking at minnesota ....
jefferson, love, and miller along with mccants and gomes? solid lineup there. especially with a underrated guy like cardinal, where he can get a lot of opportunities, rather than a power forward rich team like memphis. i see cardinal getting 15 to 20 quality minutes 2 to 3 times every so often.

BlogOFfatman
06-27-2008, 12:49 AM

You would think that with the money Paul Pierce makes, he could afford a razorblade.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-27-2008, 12:50 AM
OJ/AJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AJ/Love

OJ Mayo and Big Al could have been the next generation Shaq and Kobe

ryantheporchkid
Memphis is absolutely getting raped. Moreso than the Suns.

leopoldstotch
Didn't Kobe get traded on draft night? Gay Mayo combo could be nice. They need to go after a big though

gay love sounds better than gay mayo. :roll:

PejaNowitzki
06-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Minnesota wins this trade hands down. Love and Jefferson in the frontcourt? An explosive shooter/swingman in Miller? For Mayo and a heap of trash??? T-Wolves made out like bandits.

BlogOFfatman
OJ/AJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AJ/Love

OJ Mayo and Big Al could have been the next generation Shaq and Kobe

wow what a stupid statement.... comparing AJ to Shaq and someone who has yet to play in the NBA to Kobe.... :ohwell:

BFRESH44
I think this is mistake on Memphis part to be honest, Love was a nice fit on that team.

iggy>
06-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Give me liberty

OR GIVE ME DEATH

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

but a kevin love and al jefferson frontcourt=beast.

ryantheporchkid
Jesus Christ Almighty, the Suns should try to trade Lopez for OJ. They'd probably take it.

TMT
Wow. I actually thought OJ Mayo was going to be a good fit in Minnesota, playing next to Jefferson. I also thought Miller and Love would be a good combination that Memphis would want to build around. I guess not. :confusedshrug:

leopoldstotch
06-27-2008, 12:53 AM
btw, i was waiting for memphis to start another fire sale!
once again, they sell away another franchise player for a bunch of expectations on paper and some guy who does a shimmy.

TMT
06-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Mayo + Jefferson >>>> Love + Miller + Jefferson
In my opinion.

bdreason
06-27-2008, 12:55 AM
K-Love is back baby!!!

Love is going to have a monster season next to Al Jeff and Miller.

Raindrops
06-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Foye/Telfair
Mccants/Chalmers
Milller/Brewer
Love/Gomes
Jefferson/Smith

It is an extremely small team, and pretty poor defensively, but this team should be one of the top 5 scoring teams in the league. You have three good or great shooters, two post threats, a good passing big man, and good rebounding. And Miller and Mccants are both above average passers(in Mccants case, when he passes, he is very good at it, just doesnt do it very often).

fos
06-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Give me liberty

OR GIVE ME DEATH

Hey dumbass, the T'Wolves just raped the hell out of Memphis. OJ Mayo is just a scorer and not even that great of one, he also seems like an *******. Sure Cardinal has an awful contract but Mike Miller is the cat's meow.

baseketball4life
06-27-2008, 12:58 AM
damn, smart ass move by Memphis i applaud them... Rudy Gay+OJ Mayo look out

5 years down the line we will clearly see the Memphis Grizz ripped out the T'Wolves

RandomBalla55
Foye/Telfair
Mccants/Chalmers
Milller/Brewer
Love/Gomes
Jefferson/Smith

It is an extremely small team, and pretty poor defensively, but this team should be one of the top 5 scoring teams in the league. You have three good or great shooters, two post threats, a good passing big man, and good rebounding. And Miller and Mccants are both above average passers(in Mccants case, when he passes, he is very good at it, just doesnt do it very often).

Chalmers is gone.

But yeah, I think part of the reason why Minny did this deal was to clear up their guard jam. They had a LOT of guards if they didn't trade OJ. Granted, OJ will probably be better then all of the guards in front of them, but they managed to get a legit 4 as well as a very underrated and good player in Mike Miller.

Remix
damn ur quick
Funny, ladies tell me that alot.

RoseCity07
The only reason this could be a good trade for Minnesota is if Foye and McCants end up being good. Foye, Mayo, Jefferson looked pretty good.

Kevin Love is the "great white hope" as some one else called him. Unathletic white guy, what the hell are they thinking?

EDIT: I guess it wasn't a move so much for Love, but to get rid of those contracts, and pick up Miller. They also got Chalmers and Brewer needs to develop more. Both teams line ups looking good.

Dbrog
06-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Twolves:

Telfair?
Foye
Miller
Jefferson
Love

Grizzlies:

Mayo/chalmers/conely/crittenton
one of above (aka undersized SG of failure)
Gay
Warrick?
Darko

Twolves win the way the rosters currently stand. Horrible trade for the Grizz unless they have something up their sleeves.

baseketball4life
06-27-2008, 01:00 AM
The only reason this could be a good trade for Minnesota is if Foye and McCants end up being good. Foye, Mayo, Jefferson looked pretty good.

Kevin Love is the "great white hope" as some one else called him. Unathletic white guy, what the hell are they thinking?
+1

TMT
06-27-2008, 01:01 AM
As of now, the Wolves' backcourt is going to be complete crap.

baseketball4life
06-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Twolves:

Telfair?
Foye
Miller
Jefferson
Love

Grizzlies:

Mayo/chalmers/conely/crittenton
one of above (aka undersized SG of failure)
Gay
Warrick?
Darko

Twolves win the way the rosters currently stand. Horrible trade for the Grizz unless they have something up their sleeves
Love at C? :lol

Love won't even start at PF

Conley will play the PG for the Grizz, Mayo will play the 2, Gay will play the 3, right now Warrick is at the 4 and Darko at the 5

iggy>
bring back shawn bradley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEi-Wm0OFII

baseketball4life
As of now, the Wolves' backcourt is going to be complete crap.
i actually i have no idea why the wolves would do this... AL Jefferson+ OJ Mayo= scary combo

Smokee
06-27-2008, 01:03 AM
Mike Miller was a steal :eek:

RoseCity07
06-27-2008, 01:04 AM
This trade will make playing Minnesota and Memphis exciting games.

FireMcFailPlease
i actually i have no idea why the wolves would do this... AL Jefferson+ OJ Mayo= scary combo
Because Mchale is a dumbass.

TMT

That's exactly what I thought. You would have thought they have been thinking about this combo for weeks now. Plus if Foye had a breakout season, then the T-Wolves wouldn't be half bad. They just messed up a great team that could have happened in years to come.

pete's montreux
06-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Is Big Al still the number one offensive option, or do you think Miller is good enough to become the number one in Minnie?

Kombo
06-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Is Big Al still the number one offensive option, or do you think Miller is good enough to become the number one in Minnie?

Al is one.

Raindrops
06-27-2008, 01:08 AM

Eh, Mayo is just a younger version of Mccants basically. Foye was showing up nice at the end of the year after he shook off the rust from his injury. While Mayo may end up better than Love, Miller will certainly make up the difference and then some.

Kombo
06-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Whats the point of getting mayo when the ball is always in gay's hands.

Gay Love Mayo Swapped (should be the article title)

TMT
06-27-2008, 01:10 AM
I personally just don't like how the Timberwolves have a lopsided lineup now. They have a full frontcourt but a very lacking backcourt.

baseketball4life
06-27-2008, 01:11 AM
This trade will make playing Minnesota and Memphis exciting games.
Portland is sitting pretty right now, Bayless Roy Outlaw? Aldridge ODEN

what a promising team, potential has no ceiling

Mad Max
06-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Why did Memphis do this again?

Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry, Javaris Crittendon, OJ Mayo. Your guards.

:confusedshrug:

baseketball4life
06-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Eh, Mayo is just a younger version of Mccants basically. Foye was showing up nice at the end of the year after he shook off the rust from his injury. While Mayo may end up better than Love, Miller will certainly make up the difference and then some.
i love mcCants as much as anyone, but he's no where near as talented as Mayo... Mayo is a franchise player he will show it, potential Superstar

RomeoLuvCasanova
Mayo, Lowery & Filler for Beasley & Blount?

iggy>
Why did Memphis do this again?

Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry, Javaris Crittendon, OJ Mayo. Your guards.

yuck

starface
06-27-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't think this is a good trade for either team. I think they both were better off where they were.

pete's montreux
06-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Al is one.

We'll see.

TMT
06-27-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't think this is a good trade for either team. I think they both were better off where they were.

QFT. Mistake for both teams.

Raindrops
06-27-2008, 01:20 AM
i love mcCants as much as anyone, but he's no where near as talented as Mayo... Mayo is a franchise player he will show it, potential Superstar

How is Mayo so much better? Mccants is very good in terms of scoring, is an excellent passer when he actually chooses to pass, and is at least as good athletically as Mayo. Mayo probably has more of a commitment to defense, but Mccants is pretty damn talented. I dont think Mayo will ever be better than about a Jamal Crawford level player, he is fairly skilled, but kind of small and not a great athlete.

Mad Max
06-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Mistake how? Minnesota upgraded thier SG by adding Mike Miller. Added a talented frontcourt player in Kevin Love at PF. Jason Collins is an expirer next offseason. $6mil you save. McHale got over here.

Mike Miller/Cardinal come off the books in 2010 offseason worth a lil over $16mil. You either hold onto them until then or dangle them to teams lookin to add Mike Miller or cut payroll (Cardinal). Minnesota can try and land some free agents in the 2009 offseason.

bigkingsfan
06-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Looks like Memphis is trying to get an exciting player to sell some tickets.

BlogOFfatman
06-27-2008, 01:25 AM
Mistake how? Minnesota upgraded thier SG by adding Mike Miller. Added a talented frontcourt player in Kevin Love at PF. Jason Collins is an expirer next offseason. $6mil you save. McHale got over here.

Mike Miller/Cardinal come off the books in 2010 offseason worth a lil over $16mil. You either hold onto them until then or dangle them to teams lookin to add Mike Miller or cut payroll (Cardinal). Minnesota can try and land some free agents in the 2009 offseason.

+ 3 million dollars

artificial
06-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Damn... I was anticipating the Gay Love duo.

Seriously, Mayo probably fits Memphis better than Love, but will miss the much needed perimeter shooting that Miller provided. Memphis got rid of Cardinal, but took Toine back.

Mayo better be really good, because in my eyes Wallace gave up two good players for one (Love & Miller for Mayo).

Roy Munson
06-27-2008, 01:29 AM
What a weird trade. There has to be more to this. These s*** teams are trying to do something at least I guess. Hopefully they're not making moves just for the hell of it. But at least these teams are trying to make moves instead of just wasting draft picks on guys based on potential that will never do anything. I was very glad to see Jordan slip to the second round tonight.

ChrisKreager
06-27-2008, 01:39 AM
You think Adriana's gonna like the deep South?

If she goes to games at the FedEx Forum, expect more males to show up.

hwliuLAP
06-27-2008, 01:45 AM
Makes sense to me
Wolves dumps out even more contracts for a couple solid players, no franchise players yet, but they are left with a lot of young talent and rookie contracts. Sure they won't be winning, but they'll have all the pieces to make a run at a star player. Although I would have liked them on keeping the pick on Mayo or try to get some value from Heat by getting Beasley. Pairing Beasley and AL would be a pretty sick forward combo if they take back Blunt as well.

Beasley/Jefferson/Blunt would be a good combo while Miami may pick up a couple expires and pick up Mayo with Marion and expires coming off the year after, they can get another big time big man to pair with Mayo and Wade.

Memphis gets what they want from the ownership standpoint. A risng super star player with even more expires. Sounds like they are really really trying to sale the team away. Now that its team has no value besides Mayo and Gay and just millions of dollars coming off the book.

statman32
06-27-2008, 01:46 AM
Great trade for Minnesota. WHy people sleep on Mike Miller is beyond me.

pete's montreux
06-27-2008, 01:49 AM

I agree. It's completely unwarranted.

Mad Max
06-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Memphis gets what they want from the ownership standpoint. .

2006 first round PG Kyle Lowry
2007 first round PG Mike Conley
2007 first round PG/SG Javaris Crittendon
2008 first round PG/SG OJ Mayo

3yrs $22mil or so Marko Jaric

Like tell me what I'm missing/not getting. Because the guards in Memphis makes no sense. There has to be a trade brewing here.

BlogOFfatman
06-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Because hes white with gay hair.

Im so nba'd out
06-27-2008, 01:53 AM
Jaric is a 6'7 pg bust who moves like a small forward he is nothing like shaun livingston who actually was quick enough to guard a point guard.

hwliuLAP
06-27-2008, 01:53 AM

Like tell me what I'm missing/not getting. Because the guards in Memphis makes no sense. There has to be a trade brewing here.

I heard Heat wants conley, or wanted Conley at least, perhaps there could be a trade going around there.
I agree, there must be a trade that could be going down somehow. And I wouldn't be surprised if it meant some more expires and future 1st rounders.

baseketball4life
06-27-2008, 01:54 AM
its because people think OJ Mayo will become a superstar and Love will bust into nothing

not speaking for myself, just speaking for people

statman32
06-27-2008, 01:54 AM

Lowry has been rumored to be gone for awhile. I think Conley/Mayo is a nice backcourt. Only reason they traded for Marko Jaric is so that the fans would have some eye candy in the stands. (his wife not him)

Minnesota wins the trade but its not HORRIBLE for Memphis especially when you compare it with the Gasol trade. :oldlol:

artificial
06-27-2008, 01:55 AM
Plus losing Mike Miller, the only player who could provide consistent perimeter shooting after losing Navarro.

Probably no trade brewing, it just happens that Chris Wallace keeps succeeding in an evil plan to completely demolish the Grizzlies.

High Potential
06-27-2008, 02:02 AM
Plus losing Mike Miller, the only player who could provide consistent perimeter shooting after losing Navarro.

Probably no trade brewing, it just happens that Chris Wallace keeps succeeding in an evil plan to completely demolish the Grizzlies.
Conley, Mayo, Crittenton?

Love would have been perfect for that team.

SG-Miller
PG-Conley
SF-Gay
PF-Love
C-Milicic

That starting lineup would have been pretty good, plus the potential combination every play of Gay to Love every play would have been priceless.

ChrisKreager
06-27-2008, 02:04 AM
I don't think FireMcFail gives a damn about Minnesota's trading.

He just uses this as another opportunity to bash McHale.

Minnesota did something smart and you BASH HIM??

You're worse than HotlantaDude81, and thank god Atlanta had no picks- he would have been complained about everything.

Roy Munson
06-27-2008, 02:05 AM
WHy people sleep on Mike Miller is beyond me.

Because he's been a steady player on a horrible team.

Skywalker
06-27-2008, 02:11 AM
Foye, McCants, Miller, Love, Jefferson should be a sick offense next year. With Brewer, Telfair, Smith, Gomes off the bench. I dotn mind this trade as long as this doesnt happen : OJ a star and Love a bust.

FireMcFailPlease
06-27-2008, 02:13 AM
I don't think FireMcFail gives a damn about Minnesota's trading.

He just uses this as another opportunity to bash McHale.

Minnesota did something smart and you BASH HIM??

You're worse than HotlantaDude81, and thank god Atlanta had no picks- he would have been complained about everything.
Go to page 20 in the official NBA draft thread. I was so happy we drafted Mayo.

DuMa
i dont know about this trade. i knew Love was gonna end up in Minny somehow. Mchale just likes the kid and loves what he sees in him. but giving up mayo was too much imho.

FireMcFailPlease
Foye, McCants, Miller, Love, Jefferson should be a sick offense next year. With Brewer, Telfair, Smith, Gomes off the bench. I dotn mind this trade as long as this doesnt happen : OJ a star and Love a bust.
you know its going to happen

This team never gets anything to go their way. ****in ugh

shaoyut
06-27-2008, 02:28 AM
dam mayo in the grizzlies

baseketball4life
06-27-2008, 02:30 AM
Conley
Mayo
Gay
Warrick
Darko

Mayo+Gay is going to be deadly

if this was just Love+trash for Mayo than the Grizz would have ripped them, but since Mike Miller is in it, it was close to fair

insidehoops
06-27-2008, 03:02 AM
Trade is official:

http://www.insidehoops.com/mayo-love-miller-062708.shtml

Y2Gezee
06-27-2008, 03:44 AM
Has this seriously not been the most puzzling day of trades and draft picks in the history of the draft? I thought both teams were better off as is.

El Kabong
06-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Do the Griz plan to keep Mayo? Or did they just get him to try and bait Miami into trading them Beasly?

knickballer
06-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Good Trade for the Grizzlies. Kevin Love is a small, Fat PF. Marc Gasol is better than Love thats why this trade went down they feel Gasol is better than love. Mayo is arguably the best player in this draft and has Kobe potential.

Conley/Lowry/Crit
Mayo/Lowry/Buckner
Gay/Warrick
Darko/Warrick
Gasol/Darko

IF Darko can figure it out not a bad team. Conley is a true PG and he should be sick, Mayo next Kobe, Gay is the next T-mac, If Marc Gasol can be anything like his brother Pau than thats a sick young team.

Kebab Stall
06-27-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm not too happy and here's the reason, we gave up a forward, a center and a SG for a potential filled SG and trash that play at the SG spot. We currently have an extremely weak front court.

Hopefully Wallace has something up his sleeve and is able to pick up some nice young pieces from the free agency. Very doubtful though considering how much of an idiot he is.

ForceOfNature
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Guess they REALLY didn't want the Gay-Love combination.

Mad Max
06-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Good Trade for the Grizzlies. Kevin Love is a small, Fat PF.

Wrong. Far from fat.

Marc Gasol is better than Love thats why this trade went down they feel Gasol is better than love.

Yeah Marc Gasol who never had top 5 draft potential was picked over Kevin Love who went high at 5. :oldlol:

Mayo is arguably the best player in this draft and has Kobe potential.

OJ Mayo doesnt have an explosive first step. And all summer long he has been working to be a PG. Yeah Kobe potential. :rolleyes:

IF Darko can figure it out not a bad team.

Figure what out?

Everything you wrote was rediculous.

StroShow4
06-27-2008, 08:47 AM
'toine shimmying in memphis!

brian cardinal and jason collins beasting in minny!

:lol

UConnCeltics
06-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Guess they REALLY didn't want the Gay-Love combination.
That'd be pretty funny.

Interminator
06-27-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm not too happy and here's the reason, we gave up a forward, a center and a SG for a potential filled SG and trash that play at the SG spot. We currently have an extremely weak front court.

Hopefully Wallace has something up his sleeve and is able to pick up some nice young pieces from the free agency. Very doubtful though considering how much of an idiot he is.
Is anybody sure that OJ Mayo even wants to be a Grizzly?

I don't see the difference in going to Minnesota and Memphis for a guy who supposedly wants to stay in a big market and probably convinced himself he was going to the Miami Heat.:confusedshrug:

This deal is completely horrible for both teams.Who's going to play PG for Minnesota?Foye:banghead:

knickballer
06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
Is anybody sure that OJ Mayo even wants to be a Grizzly?

I don't see the difference in going to Minnesota and Memphis for a guy who supposedly wants to stay in a big market and probably convinced himself he was going to the Miami Heat.:confusedshrug:

This deal is completely horrible for both teams.Who's going to play PG for Minnesota?Foye:banghead:

Mayo will definelty want to play for Memphis instead of Minnesota. Come on its not even close.

Foye is more of a PG then Mayo.

berraco
06-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't even want to comment the trade. Again shocked and unable to understand.

Interminator
06-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Mayo will definelty want to play for Memphis instead of Minnesota. Come on its not even close.

Foye is more of a PG then Mayo.
It is not very close.

Minneapolis/St.Paul is a much bigger market than Memphis.

Foye is not more of a PG than Mayo.:rolleyes:

MaxFly
06-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Wow. Did not see that coming. I think both teams were better off how they were.

Yeah, I'm surprised myself. Interesting development. Teams definitely aren't playing around this year.

Interminator
06-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't even want to comment the trade. Again shocked and unable to understand.
We were able to rid ourselves of Brian Cardinal:party:

Yet we get Marko Jaric who has $22 Million due to him over the next 3 seasons,and Greg Buckner who has $12 Million due to him over the next 3 seasons.

We've bascially just traded Kevin Love,& Mike Miller for O.J. Mayo & Antoine Walker's expirer.

:banghead: :banghead:

I don't understand why we couldn't have gone with a starting 5 of:

PG-Mike Conley
SG-Mike Miller
SF-Rudy Gay
PF-Kevin Love
C-Darko

I'm not even going to discuss us trading a potential Rashard Lewis/Tim Thomas type of player in Donte Greene for an undersized PF with possible kidney issues that was passed on 26 times last night.:banghead:

2LeTTeRS
06-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Arthur will be good for you guys. Teams cooled on him on an issue that wasnt basketball related. I wouldn't be surprised if he performs better than Kevin Love as an NBAer.

danumber88
06-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Arthur will be good.

Valliant13
06-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Hey dumbass, the T'Wolves just raped the hell out of Memphis. OJ Mayo is just a scorer and not even that great of one, he also seems like an *******. Sure Cardinal has an awful contract but Mike Miller is the cat's meow.

Mayo is one of the better defenders in the draft, and a great passer. Have you ever seen him play?

GOBB
06-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Wait Memphis got D.Arthur? For who and how!? I thought Houston traded for him?

Damn these trades have confused the hell out of me. I agree with statman, this trade wasnt that HORRIBLE especially in comparison to Gasol trade.

Also screw Darko....Hakim Warrick all day.

ChrisKreager
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Yet we get Marko Jaric who has $22 Million due to him over the next 3 seasons

1. You're a Lakers fans; why are you worried about Memphis?

2. At least you can see his hot wife at more games.

mswank
06-27-2008, 11:10 AM
i actually kind of like it for the grizz...mini-hawks w/ mayo as joe johnson and gay as josh smith? conley too? could be good

veilside23
06-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Better trade for minny. Arthur will be playing for Memphis as well maybe this is the reason why they let go of klove Memphis acquired arthur from portland according to NBA maybe they bought the pick... FCk all the teams after pick#10 who passed on Darell Arthur the dude will be a monster in this league.

Maybe lowry is good to go. People think memphis got lucky because they have cardinal you must be forgetting that you get Jaric who is only good because of Lima.

Miller will benefit from this trade plus collins will see solid minutes. love will probably start at 4 on some games but Jefferson is better at 4 so he might stay in the bench for sometime. AWWWWWWW just really a bad trade for both teams. Minny could have gone for darko instead of collins.

Memphis will get more people to watch them because of Mayo and Lima :D

Xplicit
06-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Of all the players involved, Mayo is the most valuable. He's the only one who could actually be a All-Star caliber player, so you can say Memphis won this trade on that fact alone. Just not a big fan of Love. Think he'll be an average role player at best in the pros.

Rekindled
06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
mike miller>>>> mayo

even without love included in the trade, it would still be in min's favor.

Kebab Stall
06-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Better trade for minny. Arthur will be playing for Memphis as well maybe this is the reason why they let go of klove Memphis acquired arthur from portland according to NBA maybe they bought the pick... FCk all the teams after pick#10 who passed on Darell Arthur the dude will be a monster in this league.

Maybe lowry is good to go. People think memphis got lucky because they have cardinal you must be forgetting that you get Jaric who is only good because of Lima.

Miller will benefit from this trade plus collins will see solid minutes. love will probably start at 4 on some games but Jefferson is better at 4 so he might stay in the bench for sometime. AWWWWWWW just really a bad trade for both teams. Minny could have gone for darko instead of collins.

Memphis will get more people to watch them because of Mayo and Lima :D
I couldn't care less about how many fans we have, I want to win and we can't do that with Chris Wallace as our GM.

Mr_Basketball#1
06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
1. You're a Lakers fans; why are you worried about Memphis?

2. At least you can see his hot wife at more games.
No. He's a memphis fan. He jumped on the laker bandwagon during the playoffs

bjtrdff
06-27-2008, 12:06 PM
I couldn't care less about how many fans we have, I want to win and we can't do that with Chris Wallace as our GM.

It's not an awful deal for Memphis, a lot of experts like it, including Ford.

The bottom line is that they got the 3rd best player in the draft, and have the Jaric contract, which just lasts a year longer than the Cardinal contract.

I think they use OJ as a 2 that can distribute, and are now set at the 1, 2 and 3 with good young players.

They obviously need to put something together to get rid of their extra guards, but still, you can definitely get someone in the front court for a package of say, Lowry and Antoine's expiring contract.

Minnesota also made out well, I thought. Tons of cap space coming for 2010, a shooter in Miller to make people pay for doubling Al, and a big, hard working guy like Love to play alongside him (and yes, I think you can play the two together).

Although, it wouldn't shock me at all if Miller gets on the move for a young prospect, or a package of sorts.

veilside23
06-27-2008, 12:07 PM

Kebab dont be so down... Darell Arthur is a proven winner you will be surprise with this kid.

Kebab Stall
06-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Kebab dont be so down... Darell Arthur is a proven winner you will be surprise with this kid.
I hope so. He will definitly have plenty of minutes to grow and mature in Memphis, playing only behind Hakim Warrick. Maybe if Mayo and Gay can co-exist and Marc Gasol can fit in well, then maybe this won't be so bad.

veilside23
06-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I hope so. He will definitly have plenty of minutes to grow and mature in Memphis, playing only behind Hakim Warrick. Maybe if Mayo and Gay can co-exist and Marc Gasol can fit in well, then maybe this won't be so bad.

yup you just have to get rid of crittenton and lowry... coz you already have jaric as well thats the problem but in time your front court will be good. :cheers:

taibien86
06-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Minnesota wins this trade hands down. Love and Jefferson in the frontcourt? An explosive shooter/swingman in Miller? For Mayo and a heap of trash??? T-Wolves made out like bandits.

the bottom line is, mayo will be an all star and love will not. memphis actually made a good move

Kebab Stall
06-27-2008, 12:35 PM
yup you just have to get rid of crittenton and lowry... coz you already have jaric as well thats the problem but in time your front court will be good. :cheers:
If we could package them away from some front court talent then I would be happy.

Kujo
06-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Very good deal for Minny. Jefferson, and Love will form a formidable front line. Miller is one of the most underrated players in the league. He'll help them a lot. Minny is greatly improved.

I don't really like this deal from Memphis' perspective. Love is exactly what they need to replace Gasol. They have a ton PG's now (I predict Lowry, and another PG will get traded), and is a Mayo/Conley back court really going to work? Mayo is over-rated. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a lackluster NBA career.

Raindrops
06-27-2008, 01:05 PM
the bottom line is, mayo will be an all star and love will not. memphis actually made a good move

Mayo may be an all star once or twice, but he will not be among the best 5 or 6 guards in the west most seasons. Paul, Williams, Roy, and Bryant will have spots locked up for the next 5 years, add in guys like Ellis, Parker, Iverson, and Martin, and it will be tough for him to make the all star team more than once or twice.

Real Men Wear Green
06-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Love and Big Al could be a good pairing offensively, but on d it's going to be problematic.

thenextgreatbigman
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Jefferson and Mayo could have made for a nice duo.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-27-2008, 02:00 PM
I dont like this trade for either team. However, the contract exchanges may be what makes it logical.

Memphis needs a legit PF.
TWolves already have a legit PF. Now they will be starting two true PFs. Which one will defend the C position? On offense, its clear that Love will step out.

Killer_Instinct
06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
People are really underestimating what Mayo is capable of doing/becoming. I take it many people have barley seen him play.

TruthKGRay3412
06-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Mike Miller will have open looks all day when Al Jeff gets doubled..$$$

FireMcFailPlease
06-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Been about 14 hours since this.

I've lightened up a bit. Ive always been a life long Mike Miller fan cause he's a local kid..so it'll be nice having him.

The Mayo-Love swap kind of irritates me still, Id rather have Mayo over Love obviously.

The thing that really irks me still is trading Mario Chalmers for nothing and drafting some euro turd who wont even be here for 2 years. Our 2nd round was just a disaster. Grade: F-

Trading away 3 ball handlers(Jaric, Chalmers and Mayo) and getting none in return is a completely over looked part of last nights blunders.

Atleast try prying away Crittenton or Lowry. Throw in Mccants, he sucks. That'll of made it easier to swallow.

God damn

bagelred
06-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Kevin McHale is a moron. You should always hold the Mayo. Unfortunately, McHale desires love.

1~Gibson~1
06-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Miller
Love
Jefferson

Thats one of the best ,if not THE best, fron-court in the league

Skywalker
06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeh FMP, I agree on Chalmers.

Skywalker
06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Miller
Love
Jefferson

Maybe for the future.

GOBB
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
PG - Mike Conley/Marko Jaric/Kyle Lowry
SG - OJ Mayo/J.Crittendon/Greg Buckner
SF- Rudy Gay/
PF- Hakim Warrick/Antoine Walker/D.Arthur
C- Darko Milicic/Marc Gasol

Think thats the roster. Team aint THAT bad. I mean if you look at it from a talent perspective. If Memphis plays thier cards right via trade/cap room? Who knows. :confusedshrug:

steve
06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Love and Big Al could be a good pairing offensively, but on d it's going to be problematic.
The defensive side of the ball was going to be a problem regardless though.

veilside23
06-27-2008, 05:00 PM
SF- Rudy Gay/

Think thats the roster. Team aint THAT bad. I mean if you look at it from a talent perspective. If Memphis plays thier cards right via trade/cap room? Who knows. :confusedshrug:

yup Twolves aint that bad either

Foye/Telfair
Miller/mccants/snyder
Gomes/Brewer *Miller
Big Al/ K Love/ Smith
Collins/Richards/ * Big Al

Offensively team would be good if they will put Al + love + foye + + mccants + miller in defense is the problem...

FireMcFailPlease
06-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Miller
Love
Jefferson

in the state? probably

in the league? hell no

Younggrease
06-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Miller
Love
Jefferson

:wtf:

Odom
Gasol
Bynum

gasolina
06-27-2008, 06:17 PM
PG - Mike Conley/Kyle Lowry
SG - OJ Mayo/J.Crittendon/
SF- Rudy Gay/
PF- Hakim Warrick/D.Arthur

I guess this will be the rotation for the year, barring any more trades.

Biggest problem from last season was defense. Perimeter and Down low.

If the Grizz had Love would they be any better defensively inside? No.

At least with Mayo, they get a legit 6'5 guard who could probably play the 2 and play at least average D. Mike Miller was absolutely getting killed at the perimeter at the end of each tight game. No fault there, as he was an SF playing out of position and guarding smaller SGs.

With the addition of Arthur I hope could turn into an Udonis Haslem type of player. He has shown the ability to block shots in college, and I certainly hope that translates well in the NBA.

For Marc, meh... I don't really know. Seems too slow to play in the L.

Though I think we could've gotten something more out of Miller. But that's just me.

veilside23
06-27-2008, 06:18 PM
:wtf:

Odom
Gasol
Bynum

am glad odom is back in the mix.. after the bashing he received.. :applause:

Classic...

Rameek
06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I am sad to see such a professional player like Mike Miller go to such an abysmal team like Minny. I hope he has a chance to eventually play for a contender instead of being part of a rebuilding process.:cheers:

I wish their was a way he could have made his way to the Knicks.:cheers:

Shepseskaf
06-27-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree. Further proof that McHale is the worst evaluator of talent in the league. Its a joke that he still has a job.

The trade is getting no "Love" in Minnesota. The local Star Tribune ran an online poll and 61% voted for:

"No, no, no! Another draft that will haunt the Wolves in years to come."

Dumb trade. Love will try hard, but he just doesn't have the physical tools to justify his draft position.

2LeTTeRS
06-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Miller
Love
Jefferson

No its one of the worst, and probably the worst defensively. None of those players are incredibly quick, and while they are very skilled that lack of athleticism will hurt them.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Grizzlies will still be bad next season. They are going to have a nice duo with Mayo and Gay though, I'd be excited to be a Grizz fan for years to come watching that backcourt.

statman32
06-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Memphis has a good future in sight with their roster. but minnesota? where are they headed? you tell me the best deal you can make for OJ Mayo is Kevin 'draft bust' Love??? i really hope Jefferson and Miller can get out of there and enjoy their careers instead of being stuck in that hell hole
The main trade was NOT Mayo for Love. It was Mayo for Love/Miller. Buy a clue.

AJ|Bertelli
06-28-2008, 02:05 AM
they both got a good deal, the grizzlies are trying to start fresh, and the wolves got some more choices, miller is definitively going to make a big presence

Kebab Stall
06-28-2008, 04:07 AM
SF- Rudy Gay/

I hope that Walker and Buckner are used in some sort of deal that brings in a nice SF backup to play behind Rudy.

R.I.P.
06-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I agree. Further proof that McHale is the worst evaluator of talent in the league. Its a joke that he still has a job.

People said the negative same stuff, when Stern ordered the KG /Jefferson trade. Like it was all McHale

Shepseskaf
06-28-2008, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]People said the negative same stuff, when Stern ordered the KG /Jefferson trade. Like it was all McHale

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Memphis will regret giving up Mayo AND Miller

Kebab Stall
06-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Memphis will regret giving up Mayo AND Miller
We never gave up Mayo. We got Mayo and traded away Love.

GOBB
06-28-2008, 02:35 PM
How will Memphis regret giving up OJ Mayo when they traded for him? lol

lilojmayo
06-28-2008, 04:49 PM
this is similar to 96draft when charlotte traded away kobe bryant for la vlade divac we saw how that worked out

OJ mayo will be better than kobe or mj when its all said and done

DKLaker
06-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Mc Hale is an idiot!!!! What a stupid trade, If he didn't hate the Lakers we could've conned him into giving us Mayo for Sasha!!!
Mayo will be an awesome NBA All-Star for his entire career...........Love? Can I say Christian Laetner????

D-Rose
06-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I think it was a decent trade for both teams. No one knows how Love or Mayo will pan out...

Memphis got Mayo who could be an all star one day. They get a nice backcourt with Mayo and Conley along with Gay at the 3. They just need a PF and they're set. They get some veteran depth with Walker.

Minnesota gets a future starter and solid NBA player in Kevin Love (don't see him as an all star). they also get a proven starter and underrated talent in Mike Miller who can shoot and score. They can surround these guys around Al Jefferson and hey you never know.

The trade worked for both...Minnesota might regret it if MAyo is a star and Love isn't and Memphis might regret it if the above is vice versa and Miller plays well there too.

Rafa
06-28-2008, 07:26 PM
this is similar to 96draft when charlotte traded away kobe bryant for la vlade divac we saw how that worked out

OJ mayo will be better than kobe or mj when its all said and done

keep dreaming...

Mateo
06-29-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm worried that Kevin Love is going to be in foul trouble all the time. His lack of quickness and jumping is really going to hurt him on the defensive end. Like many young bigs I think he'll foul a lot.

shafir
06-29-2008, 05:03 PM
First they trade Roy for Foye...now this?

lilojmayo
06-30-2008, 05:41 PM
keep dreaming...

no actual oj is really just that damnn good i hate to say it if i was betting vegas i say oj has a better rookie average than jordan jordan rookie average was 28.2pts and oj goes over that in the 30pt range

cliffhagan
07-01-2008, 02:14 PM
With 2 dumbass GM's involved, one has to end up making a good deal.....right? I actually like this trade for Minnesota. They showed great competitiveness for a young team last year. Bringing Love and Miller in justs add 2 guys that can compete and play hard. Plus, something that's being grossly overlooked is the fact that they got rid of Jaric's contract ($7 m / y for 3 more years) for Cardinal's ($5.5ish / y for 2 years). They know they aren't making the playoffs this year. If they can stay healthy, these guys can take a year to mesh and play together, then they'll have a nice little expiring contract to maybe bring in another piece next year.

For Memphis...I think OJ is a VERY talented player. He's gonna put up much better numbers than Love (although I think Love's contributions will go beyond that), but Memphis has like a million scoring wings / guards? WTF? Love would've been a perfect fit for them. He would've given them toughness, rebounding, and grit; stuff they lack now...

berraco
07-01-2008, 03:09 PM
For Memphis...I think OJ is a VERY talented player. He's gonna put up much better numbers than Love (although I think Love's contributions will go beyond that), but Memphis has like a million scoring wings / guards? WTF? Love would've been a perfect fit for them. He would've given them toughness, rebounding, and grit; stuff they lack now...

A million of guards, yes. Scoring guards/wings, no. Only Rudy Gay and Mike Miller, now Mayo. I agree that Love would have been a perfect fit. But it is also true that Memphis needs an impact player (in all senses), that Mayo can be but Love will probably not. The bad part for Memphis is getting Jaric's contract and that they are even more weak in the frontcourt after losing Collins (I don't like him, but still is a presence in the paint). I think it could end up a good trade for both teams, and I was very reluctant to the trade at the beginning...

04mzwach
07-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I think that Minnesota improved their starting line-up and bench while getting rid of bad contracts. Memphis got a star player for their future. I don't see what is wrong with this trade.

Memphis really needed some more talent in the backcourt and Mayo could turn out to be something special. Minnesota has been begging for a guy with decent size in their front court, so that players like craig smith can play quality minutes WHEN NEEDED.

Minnesota also hasn't had a quality 2-3 spot guy and if sophomores like Corey Brewer can't play the 3 and they're looking for Rashad to come off the bench with scoring. It will work out well for Mike Miller being in Minnesota. Foye/Miller/Gomes/Al J/Doleac or Collins....not a bad starting line-up and Rashad can pick up the scoring load off the bench. Minnesota is going to be a lot better next year. :applause:

insidehoops
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Bump

Kebab Stall
07-02-2008, 05:28 AM
How come the thread got moved?

KnicksFan11
07-10-2008, 03:08 PM
HAHAHA! Horrible trade for Grizzlies..

Gave up Kevin Love and Mike Miller?

on snap..

Its over... I'll this team in the Top 5 lottery pick next season! :hammerhead:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

berraco
07-10-2008, 05:46 PM

on snap..

thanks. we need another star to fill some spots and have one of the best young teams in the league. Watch out the Grizzlies in four years, they will be in the top of the West with Portland. By the way, how are your Knicks doing?

jailer
07-10-2008, 07:52 PM

on snap..

Wow seriously talking trash about the grizz. When was the last time the knicks had an above .500 record. Your entire squad is overpayed trash. Besides your young guns. But they also suck. Galiinari might be good. But im sue he will leave the knicks when he realize how badly run that organization is. How much is marbury getting payed again? What about q-rich or randolph, or jerome james for that matter. In two years the griz will have almost 20 million in cap room and another three lottery picks on this squad. With already having a great core of young guys in rudy gay, mayo, conley, critt, lowry, arthur, gasol. Your team has maybe three players worth a damn. So check your idiocy at the door before you talk trash.

Kebab Stall
07-11-2008, 10:33 AM

on snap..

We give up Kevin Love and Mike Miller, but we get a player filled with potential and could possibly be the best player from this year's draft. Hmmmm.....I know which I would rather have.