B-Mac
06-28-2008, 09:06 AM
If LeBron gets traded which team do you want him to play for

ukballer
06-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Charlotte Bobcats please.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
06-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Not really a Bron fan.... but I'd like to see him display some loyalty and character and stay with the team that drafted him.

Kiddlovesnets
06-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Now I do like to see LBJ play as a net since RJ is gone, but it just won't happen. After all, why should LBJ leave the Cavs to join a team which is still far away from entering the play-off?

quasimoto
06-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Bucks or Clippers.

IlliniFan
06-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Now I do like to see LBJ play as a net since RJ is gone, but it just won't happen. After all, why should LBJ leave the Cavs to join a team which is still far away from entering the play-off?

You are the stupidest Nets fan on this board.

Mamba
06-28-2008, 10:35 AM
knicks bring the pride back to NYC.

1~Gibson~1
06-28-2008, 10:39 AM
If LeBron gets traded which team do you want him to play fori doubt he gets traded but if he does then he should go play with one of my other teams, toront or ATL.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
06-28-2008, 11:36 AM
knicks bring the pride back to NYC.

true blue Knick fans are a dying breed in New York. there are stll a lot of them, but if Lebron went to the Nets, all of the bandwagoner/fairweather/casual/whatever fans would be lining up for Barclay Center tickets

Posterize246
06-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Cavs fans should want him on the west coast

DCL
06-28-2008, 11:46 AM
any team he goes to would become a hot market, even milwaukee.

okay, maybe not....

Bulls2333
06-28-2008, 11:51 AM
If LeBron gets traded which team do you want him to play for

I'd say the New Orleans Hornets. LBJ and CP3 would be a nearly unstoppable force. It'd be fun to watch.

If the Cavs can pick up Baron Davis or Gilbert Arenas(If he sucks up his shoot first mentality a bit) this year, I don't think LBJ will move teams in 2010. If he's surrounded by a little raw talent, I don't believe he'd leave his hometown team.

Nets fan 93
06-28-2008, 03:19 PM
The Raptors would be a good fit imo:
Calderon
Parker
James
Bosh
O'neal
sixth man:
Moon
or
Kaps

InspiredLebowski
06-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Idaho Stampede

Trax416
06-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Raptors.

We could drop JO's big contract, and some others, pick him up and get another big who is friends with Bosh and James.

Would win a championship.

Doubt he would do it though.

Fallguy20
06-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Idaho Stampede

there may be somthing to that...

Sinox
06-28-2008, 04:02 PM
I would say the clippers
This franchise needs a messiah just like cavs did, and i live in LA. Since I am not a lakers fan, I might as well support Clippers if Lebron plays in LA.

Lebron23
06-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I want to see LeBron win a couple of NBA Championship during his prime, and i think he is wise enough to sign with a contending team in 2010.

LeBron will go down in history as the greatest SF in the history of the NBA, and the best all around player in the history of the game.

shaoyut
06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
he will play for the Albuquerque wildcats

Joshumitsu
06-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Blazers. I hear they're looking for a SF.

High Potential
06-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Will all of the "Cavs fans" stop being Cavs fans once Lebron leaves? I mean, he's basically the whole team.

danumber88
06-28-2008, 06:53 PM
I want to see LeBron win a couple of NBA Championship during his prime, and i think he is wise enough to sign with a contending team in 2010.

LeBron will go down in history as the greatest SF in the history of the NBA, and the best all around player in the history of the game.
:oldlol:

True, this guy needs rings.. it would be sad if he didn't get a ring his whole career.

danumber88
06-28-2008, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE]The Bergen Record (Dave D

Trax416
06-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I think Sportsnet in Canada is already reporting Carter is staying with the Nets.

D-Rose
06-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I don't think the Nets are going to go that far...If they gave Carter to Cleveland, Lebron would have reason to stay. Plus they already will have cap space for Lebron with a lot of expiring contracts that summer.

ZeN
06-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Vince is capable player but I dont see him as an ideal compatible partner for LeBron :confusedshrug:

shaoyut
06-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Big ben for Carter:cheers:

Rafa
06-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Knicks baby

Rafa
06-28-2008, 07:45 PM
+1

ZeN
06-28-2008, 07:56 PM

haha will in that case its a no brainer...:lol

Nets fan 93
06-28-2008, 08:00 PM
What about w/ Chicago? VC for 2010 expirer Hughes and young Ben Gordon that would be perfect for bothteams. Chicago gets their go to guy and NJ gets a good young player and 13 mill expirer...

mlh1981
06-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Will all of the "Cavs fans" stop being Cavs fans once Lebron leaves? I mean, he's basically the whole team.

Not me. I was a fan before he got there, and I will continue to be so after he left.

The Cavaliers are bigger than LeBron James. They are forever. LeBron, like every other player in league history, will have a rising to the top, a few years at that peak, and then a downward sprial. The organization will move on.

I remember when Lamond Murray was our top scoring threat.........when Chris Mihm was a rookie with "promise," and when Kemp was still a legit NBA player.......

bladefd
06-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't think the Nets are going to go that far...If they gave Carter to Cleveland, Lebron would have reason to stay. Plus they already will have cap space for Lebron with a lot of expiring contracts that summer.

Completely correct. Nets will never trade VC with Cavs - gauranteed.

D-Rose
06-28-2008, 08:12 PM
What about w/ Chicago? VC for 2010 expirer Hughes and young Ben Gordon that would be perfect for bothteams. Chicago gets their go to guy and NJ gets a good young player and 13 mill expirer...

I like that trade...Good for my Bulls :P

guy
06-28-2008, 08:29 PM

I'd rather Chicago go after Melo with something along the lines of Kirk+Deng+draft pick. I guess they could still trade for VC also, but then it would just be harder to build around Rose + Melo with VC's contract.

ZHAKIDD532
06-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I'd rather Chicago go after Melo with something along the lines of Kirk+Deng+draft pick. I guess they could still trade for VC also, but then it would just be harder to build around Rose + Melo with VC's contract.
Chicago won't get Melo for just Hinrich and Deng....

The Hughes/Gordon/1st rounder for VC I think is fair...they'd have to throw in Ager to to make the contracts work with Gordon and what he'll probably get...

High Potential
06-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Who the Cavs should go after is Antoine Walker. He will be happy to chuck 3s from Lebron passouts.

3zazer1
06-28-2008, 10:50 PM
lebron should go to orlando and win some with dwight and lewis

lineup:pg:jameer
sg:mo evens
sf:lebron
pf:lewis
C:howard

forget turks and get darrall auther

Nets fan 93
06-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Chicago won't get Melo for just Hinrich and Deng....

The Hughes/Gordon/1st rounder for VC I think is fair...they'd have to throw in Ager to to make the contracts work with Gordon and what he'll probably get...
Hughes/Gordon/1st for Carter/Ager seems fair to me:)

kgisbigticket
06-29-2008, 01:23 AM
It wouldn't matter, Boston will still crush them.

CvsFan
06-29-2008, 01:29 AM
It wouldn't matter, Boston will still crush them.

crush? how is losing in a 7th game getting crushed?

ALBballer
06-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Why would New Jersey refuse? Good luck paying him for the next 3 years which will end with him getting paid 17 million when he's 35 years old.

Only the Cavs are desperate enough to waive an expirer in the Nets face.

Lebron23
06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
NEW YORK -- All that LeBron James-to-the-Knicks speculation might be focused on the right city but the wrong team.

It appears, judging from James' comments Monday, that the Nets might be James' preferred destination if he opts out of his contract in the summer of 2010 and becomes an unrestricted free agent.

James listed New York as his favorite city Monday (his hometown of Akron, Ohio came in fifth behind Washington D.C., Dallas, and Los Angeles) as he took part in a one-day USA Basketball media blitz, and he also gave an answer to a follow-up question that'll make Knicks president Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D'Antoni cringe.

"My favorite borough? Brooklyn," James said, choosing the proposed future home of the New Jersey Nets over the borough of Manhattan, where the Knicks play their home games. "Brooklyn is definitely a great place here in New York City, and some of my best friends are from Brooklyn, so I stick up for them."

"They have a right to dream about it, and I can't take that away from them. My friendship was way before Jay was part-owner of the Nets, and I loved the Garden way before I got to the NBA," James said. "For some reason when I get to the Garden I always play well, so they want me to do it 41 games instead of just two nights a year."

Knicks fans were in abundant supply at midday Monday as James and the rest of Team USA were introduced at a Nike press conference at Rockefeller Center, and James played to the crowd like a true showman -- sprinting with a wide smile and open arms into bleacher seats erected at both ends of a temporary court, embracing dozens of youngsters clad in blue "United We Rise" T-shirts.

Earlier, James waved demonstrably at a boatful of tourists from the deck of a ship the team chartered for a photo shoot in New York Harbor with the Statue of Liberty as the backdrop.

"I never thought about doing it, but once you get out there & I'm a big kid personally, I got two young sons at home and I know what they like, so anytime I get around a group of kids it's like a kid in the candy store for me. So, I'm happy I was able to put smiles on those kids faces," James said. "It made my day, totally."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468173

This is going to be the biggest decision of LeBron James if he will stay in Cleveland, or just play for a big market team in 2010, if the Cavs management aren't capable of giving him a decent supporting casts in the 2008-09 Season.

brandonislegend
06-30-2008, 08:37 PM
not the cavs

KobesOneUglyTat
06-30-2008, 08:38 PM
LeBron screwed the Cavs over in the summer of 05, a year before he was eligable to be extended, forcing the team to throw money at hughes, damon jones, donyell marshall, and Z.

james ruined cleveland's cap.....

the thing is it doesn't matter though....he's signing with the Knicks or Nets in 2010 no matter what.

crisoner
I have a feeling we will be seeing LeBron in a Knick jersey............

NY fans rejoice. This will be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dak121
Cavs need to fire Ferry now before it's too late. I used to think that Mike Brown sucked as a coach, but that roster around LeBron will never be good enough to win big with any coach. And it doesn't take a lot to win big with LeBron on your roster.(see the Celtics series)

Not sure who the replacement will be, but I do know that the Cavs need a new GM.

Myth
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I could still root for LeBron if he went to the Nets (if Carter is gone). Not if he went to Knicks though.

InspiredLebowski
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
LeBron screwed the Cavs over in the summer of 05, a year before he was eligable to be extended, forcing the team to throw money at hughes, damon jones, donyell marshall, and Z.

the thing is it doesn't matter though....he's signing with the Knicks or Nets in 2010 no matter what.

How'd he screw em in 05?

Lebron23
06-30-2008, 08:42 PM

You're the biggest idiot in this site. Danny Ferry is the Cavaliers General Manager not LeBron.

Please stop trolling. :sleeping

Maniak
06-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty positive that he will move to New Jersey or New York.

His cast in Cleveland lacks, and by 2010 there should be some great great players in New Jersey and/or New York

BFRESH44
06-30-2008, 08:44 PM
At the end of the day, when the Cavs roll out that 6 year max deal, he aint leavin it on the table.

There's only one team whom can pay him the MAX/30% of the salary cap come that option year, and it's the Cavs.

Run&Gun=Fun
06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
So Lebron 23...Are you doing to ditch the Cavs when Lebron does in 2 years?

Or are you going to stick with them?

Anyone think trading Lebron is an option?

I mean he could net alot if a deal was made now.

2 young stars, a former all star and some first rounders in a multiple team trade?

Cuz right now the Cavs suck minus Lebron and are getting worse with aging players.

Lebron23
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
So Lebron 23...Are you doing to ditch the Cavs when Lebron does in 2 years?

Or are you going to stick with them?

Anyone think trading Lebron is an option?

I mean he could net alot if a deal was made now.

2 young stars, a former all star and some first rounders in a multiple team trade?

Cuz right now the Cavs suck minus Lebron and are getting worse with aging players.

I am still supporting the Cavaliers. Last year i started 79 games Thread about the Cavs in the Main NBA Forum, and even though LBJ is temporarily out with an injury i still watched the game between the Sonics and the Cavs because i have been a Cavaliers fan since they drafted Dajuan Wagner.

and i am watching Classic Cavaliers game in NBA TV

eliteballer
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM
"They have a right to dream about it, and I can't take that away from them

What an ego:roll:

ShowTime LA
06-30-2008, 09:21 PM

haha, What a douche.

omarnyc
06-30-2008, 09:23 PM
the cavs must really feel good hearing their franchise player talk about a possible future with another team...at least wait until its his turn to be a free agent. i really doubt lebron spends much time in brooklyn, jayz hardly goes to bk himself, since when did people start loving the hometown of their boys more then their own hometown? i would love for the knicks to get lebron but his lil crush on jay goes overboard sometimes.

Lebron23
06-30-2008, 09:29 PM

" I have the right to throw my teammates under the bus during the off season, and demand some trade to the Chicago Bulls".

Signed

Eliteballer's Favorite NBA Player

Make It Rain
06-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Lol at a Kobe nut-hugger complaining about ego.

Buffalobraves
06-30-2008, 09:34 PM
This could change New York back into a basketball insane city if you see JAMES on the back of a Knicks jersey.

SourGrapes
06-30-2008, 09:35 PM
does anyone here think the nets or knicks will be in a better position to win a championship than the cavs?

with the defense the cavs play, i think they are a player away from serious contention.

BFRESH44
06-30-2008, 09:40 PM
" I have the right to throw my teammates under the bus during the off season, and demand some trade to the Chicago Bulls".

Signed

:oldlol: ZING!

2007 Off season: "Ship his ass[Andrew Bynum] out" , "Get your Bulls jerseys ready fellas"

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Lebron just gained a lot of rep points from me by propping Brooklyn.
B-town is wayyy cooler than Manhattan.

SourGrapes
06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
:oldlol: ZING!

2007 Off season: "Ship his ass[Andrew Bynum] out" , "Get your Bulls jerseys ready fellas"

"get me the wheelchair, my shoulder hurts!"

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-30-2008, 09:45 PM

Signed

Thank GOD he DID !!! Best move he made in all of 2007!

(btw, saying "ship Bynum's ass out for Kidd" is a far cry from throwing teammates under the bus)

gts
06-30-2008, 09:49 PM
i doubt lebron is thinking that far ahead, teams think that far ahead but for players things change pretty fast in the NBA, one good trade and lebrons happy as a clam in cleveland, one bad one and he can be out the door, the thing is he's in cleveland for two more years, they have time to make a few moves to make the team more attractive to him (they actually don't seem far off now)....

basketballer4
06-30-2008, 09:57 PM
This could change New York back into a basketball insane city if you see JAMES on the back of a Knicks jersey.

http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/james0130.jpg

bagelred
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/james0130.jpg

Its ironic that one James was the worst FA signing in franchise history who wears 32 and the other James will be the best FA signing in franchise history wearing the reverse - 23.

Its all coming together.

Also, it almost appears James might be "stupidly" loyal to a fault. If he lets his friendship with Jay-Z affect his decision to go Nets instead of Knicks, he's a fool. The best player in basketball should play in mecca of basketball - the Garden 41 games a year. Also, I'm pretty sure Lebron James has spent NO time in Brooklyn whatsoever, I guarantee it. Everything you want or need is in Manhattan.

Its just like baseball. I love the Mets, but if you are the biggest star in baseball, you should want to play for the Yankees. That's just the way it is. And actually, in NYC, Mets and Yankees fans are split about 50/50. Not so with Knicks/Nets. Most people are Knicks fan in NYC, cause Nets play in Jersey.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
06-30-2008, 10:44 PM
F*ck the Nets and Hova, Come to the Garden!

knickballer
06-30-2008, 11:39 PM
does anyone here think the nets or knicks will be in a better position to win a championship than the cavs?

with the defense the cavs play, i think they are a player away from serious contention.

Cavs are need a whole new team. They need a good PG, a better Wally Szerbiak, a PF who isn't retarded offensively and Big Z is good but getting old. The Knicks will actually try to aquire players, they may be bad. Pair Lebron up with David Lee, Galliniri you will have a sick team in 2010. Players like Q-rich, Nate robinson will be starting on the Cavs.

Kiddlovesnets
06-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Well, if Lebron does care about the titles then he wouldn't even consider the Nets or Knicks at all since both of them are light-years away from winning a trophy. However, there's a chance that LBJ would like to use his star-power to make more money and create more market value in NY. If so, he's never gonna win an NBA title I'm sure.

shaoyut
06-30-2008, 11:41 PM
You're the biggest idiot in this site. Danny Ferry is the Cavaliers General Manager not LeBron.

Please stop trolling. :sleeping
:applause: i got a feeling he will sign with knicks

RedBlackAttack
06-30-2008, 11:43 PM
the cavs must really feel good hearing their franchise player talk about a possible future with another team...at least wait until its his turn to be a free agent. i really doubt lebron spends much time in brooklyn, jayz hardly goes to bk himself, since when did people start loving the hometown of their boys more then their own hometown? i would love for the knicks to get lebron but his lil crush on jay goes overboard sometimes.
He didn't make any reference to a future with a different team. He said that these teams have a 'right to dream if they want'. I wouldn't exactly call that an iron clad endorsement.

This is really not news. Here is a much more coherent article that is not filled with innuendo and empty rumors...

Terry Pluto: A lot can happen between now and 2010
By TERRY PLUTO

In two years, it's a done deal: LeBron James absolutely, definitely without question will be playing for the New Jersey soon to be Brooklyn Nets. Gotta be, because James is big buds with Nets minority owner Jay-Z.

Wait a minute, he wears a Yankees cap and once said Madison Square Garden was one of his favorite arenas. That settles it. In the summer of 2010, James will be signing with the Knicks.

Listen to the talking heads on TV, most of whom don't believe that James actually likes Northeast Ohio. They can't imagine anyone really wanting to live here. We're Devil's Island, only with worse weather. So James has to leave, because they would leave if they were James.

Some media types insist they've heard "from those close to James" that the Cavs star will head east the moment his contract expires in 2010. They point to how the Knicks and Nets are cleaning up their salary cap situations, creating room to bid for James in 2010.

How about this scoop? James is now hanging around with SpongeBob SquarePants, and the two were spotted chomping crabby patties at the Krusty Krab. He must be ticketed for Bikini Bottom in 2010, not just making a cartoon for kids that stresses the need to exercise.

Here's a little logic: NBA rules say the Cavs can offer James one more year -- about $20 million more -- than any other team. This is not baseball, where Boston (Manny Ramirez), Chicago (Albert Belle), Philadelphia (Jim Thome) and Texas (Kevin Millwood) can outbid a Cleveland team for its stars on an open market.

Here's a little history: The last player to walk away from a maximum contract (the kind James will be offered) to sign for less with another team was Shaquille O'Neal, when he left Orlando for Los Angeles in 1996. When other big name free agents such as Steve Nash moved in the summer, it's because their teams did not offer a maximum deal.

Here's more history: In the summer of 2006, the defending NBA champions were the Miami Heat. With Dwyane Wade and O'Neal coached by Pat Riley, they seemed poised to contend for a title for the next few years. Naturally, they were knocked out of the 2007 playoffs in the first round. This season, Wade got hurt, Riley quit coaching, O'Neal was traded to Phoenix and the Heat finished 15-67.

In 2006, the Boston Celtics were 33-49. The starting lineup at various parts of that dismal season included Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, Ricky Davis, and Paul Pierce. Two years later, the Celtics are the defending champs, and Pierce is the only significant player left from that 2006 roster.

In 2006, the Lakers were 45-37 and lost in the first round to Phoenix. Yes, that team had Kobe Bryant, but it also started former Cavaliers Chris Mihm and Smush Parker. Two years ago, what were the odds of the Lakers and Celtics meeting in the 2008 NBA Finals?

In 2006, the Cavs won 50 games and lost in the second round to Detroit. The only players left from that team who appeared with the Cavs in the 2008 playoffs are Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Damon Jones, Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic and James. Consider that two members of the 2006 Celtics -- West and Szczerbiak -- started for the Cavs in the 2008 playoffs.

James to New York? To Brooklyn? To Bikini Bottom? Who knows, and it's way too soon to even guess.

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/06/terry_pluto_a_lot_can_happen_b.html

For as much grief as the Cavs take, does last year's Nets team plus LeBron take the Celtics to seven games, nearly beating the future world champs in games 2 and 7 in the Garden?

The Cavs are pretty clearly not as far from the pinnacle as a lot of people like to believe. A Finals appearance in '07 and taking a team that rolled through the ECF and the Finals to the brink of elimination...

The Cavs are one or two moves away from a championship.

Nets fan 93
06-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Come play in Brooklyn KING JAMES!!!!
Yi, Devin and Lopez are waitibg :D... and Nets fan 93

inclinerator
06-30-2008, 11:49 PM
i would really like to see lebron in a knicks uniform that will be crazy. I hate the nets jersey.

Nets fan 93
06-30-2008, 11:56 PM
i would really like to see lebron in a knicks uniform that will be crazy. I hate the nets jersey.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/mting1315/jamesnets.jpg
HA enjoy it!

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2008, 12:01 AM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j20/mting1315/jamesnets.jpg
HA enjoy it!
This picture is as close as it is going to get. Only one player since 1996 has turned down a max contract from his team (an extra $20 million) to bolt to another city (Shaq to LA).

Since the Cavs can easily be considered annual contenders now, there really is no reason for LeBron to turn down that money, allowing him to play for a championship quality team in his hometown and instead take a step backwards, both monetarily and in terms of closeness to a title contender.

The move really makes very little sense. Keep dreaming, though.

Nets fan 93
07-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Just because only one player has done it since 1996 doesnt mean anything... Lebron gets to play in a bigger market, Brooklyn is his favorite city, Jay-z is his friend... the cavs make the playoffs but never win the ring... dont you think he is tired of that? he knows he is the team... w/o his assists his team would win brobably single digit games...

Think would Lebro rather play w/ old slow Z or young Lopez and young Yi- who can have a big increase in stas in his coming to NJ not sharing time w/ CV31...

In a couple of years I garuntee Devin will be better than Delonte West..
Lebron wont have to do all the pg work that he would have to w/ the Cavs... Also iw we trade VC for an expirer and some young talent we also can offer King James the MAX contract...

Us Nets fans arent scared one bit.... He loves Brooklyn...
Devin, ???, Lebron, Yi(devolped), Lopez(devoped) = CHAMPIONSHIP

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2008, 12:32 AM
I will make this a multi-part answer for easier reading.

Just because only one player has done it since 1996 doesnt mean anything... Lebron gets to play in a bigger market, Brooklyn is his favorite city, Jay-z is his friend...
A. LeBron has way more friends in Cleveland/Akron than in Brooklyn. His entire family lives in northeast Ohio.

B. Market size is vastly overrated in this day and age. It isn't 1950 anymore. LeBron is one of the most well known athletes in the world. Only people in Cleveland and New York care what jersey he is wearing. I have already engaged in long-winded diatribes about how technology and the global market has effected the notion of 'market size' and I really don't feel like explaining it again, but I will if I must.

C. Jay-Z owns less than 1% of the Nets. He is barely even a footnote in the organization. Maybe Kobe and Usher are bff's, but I wouldn't expect Bryant to make a move that could effect his entire career based on a guy that is barely affiliated with the team.

the cavs make the playoffs but never win the ring... dont you think he is tired of that? he knows he is the team... w/o his assists his team would win brobably single digit games...

A. Only one team wins a ring each year. LeBron just finished his fifth year in the league and is still just 23 years old. He already has a finals appearance and a playoff series record of 6-3 (better than almost every other superstar in the NBA over the last three seasons).

The Cavs were the closest team to the Celtics last year. Acting as though there is no opportunity for him to win a ring in Cleveland is ludicrous. The team wasn't that far away this past season.

B. If LeBron is the difference between the Cavs nearly winning a 7th game on the road against a team that proceeded to roll through the ECF and Finals and winning single digit games, he is the best player ever.

If you hadn't noticed, the Cavaliers organization and coaching staff have put together, possibly, the staunchest defensive and rebounding team in the entire league. That includes contributions by LeBron, but isn't limited to him.

The Cavs win in the playoffs because of defense. Sure... the scoring by LeBron helps, but the team around him is built for the playoffs.

Think would Lebro rather play w/ old slow Z or young Lopez and young Yi- who can have a big increase in stas in his coming to NJ not sharing time w/ CV31...
CV31? LOL! You are stretching...

Honestly? I think Z may be better than both of those guys.

In a couple of years I garuntee Devin will be better than Delonte West..
Lebron wont have to do all the pg work that he would have to w/ the Cavs... Also iw we trade VC for an expirer and some young talent we also can offer King James the MAX contract...
I see we have another poster that doesn't understand the intricacies of the NBA bargaining agreement. The Cavs can offer LeBron $20 million more than any other prospective team... THAT is the max. So no... the Nets can't offer him a max contract. Only the Cavs can do that.

...and I think Delonte West is a perfect fit for LeBron. The only thing missing from the Cavs' lineup is a post threat, which may be addressed this offseason.

DeuceWallaces
07-01-2008, 01:14 AM
You sit here and act like there's no chance or no reason.

He just said his favorite city was NY and his favorite borough was Brooklyn. Slight coincidence with all the talk don't ya think? He also listed his hometown as 5th. Why won't he just say I'm staying in Cleveland? It would be quite simple, even if it's a lie which plenty of players do until they take off.

Also don't act like there's no monetary advantage being in NYC compared to Cleveland. His endorsements would blow up in NYC or Chicago compared to Cleveland. It's also obvious he at least somewhat enjoys the spotlight and desires to be more than just a basketball player, and NYC would offer that chance like no other city.

There are just as many reasons to support him leaving as there are staying.

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2008, 01:20 AM
You sit here and act like there's no chance or no reason.

He just said his favorite city was NY and his favorite borough was Brooklyn. Slight coincidence with all the talk don't ya think? He also listed his hometown as 5th. Why won't he just say I'm staying in Cleveland? It would be quite simple, even if it's a lie which plenty of players do until they take off.

Also don't act like there's no monetary advantage being in NYC compared to Cleveland. His endorsements would blow up in NYC or Chicago compared to Cleveland. It's also obvious he at least somewhat enjoys the spotlight and desires to be more than just a basketball player, and NYC would offer that chance like no other city.

There are just as many reasons to support him leaving as there are staying.
Sure... there are reasons for leaving. I never said that there weren't ANY monetary advantages to playing in New York, but they are vastly overrated (there really is no escalator in his Nike contract, btw). Also, if it really comes down to money, he will have $20 million more reasons to sign with Cleveland than the Nets. That isn't exactly money that you sneeze at.

LeBron isn't already in the spotlight? He has hosted SNL and the ESPYs already. What Knick, Net, or Laker has done either of those things?

Read the article that I posted above. I'm not saying that LeBron will positively stay in Cleveland. I think that roster moves made between now and '10 could be the decider, though... not Jay-Z, not which borough is his favorite, and not the fact that Akron is his 5th favorite city.

Honestly.... I can't believe Akron is THAT high on his list.

Nets fan 93
07-01-2008, 01:22 AM
^^If the Heat only win 15 games with wade most of the season.. you dont think the Cavs will? they were defeated every game w/o him

final.wrath
07-01-2008, 01:24 AM
I have a feeling we will be seeing LeBron in a Knick jersey............

NY fans rejoice. This will be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you not even read the original post?

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2008, 01:25 AM
^^If the Heat only win 15 games with wade most of the season.. you dont think the Cavs will? they were defeated every game w/o him
There is a difference between saying that a team would stink without its star player and that a team doesn't contribute anything when said star player is on the floor.

Sure... the Cavs would stink without LeBron. But, with his scoring and playmaking added to a team that is built on defensive fundamentals and crashing the boards, you have a mix that is capable of contending for championships.

final.wrath
07-01-2008, 01:30 AM
redblackattack the markets are about TV and how many people Nike and other Lebron brands can reach. selling jerseys is nothing compared to that income.

they reach a lot more people if lebron is in new york, because a lot more people will watch the nets compared to the cavs, especially with a megasuperstar like Lebron on the team. NY sports fans will watch in record numbers.

the NBA salary is not where he gets most of his income. its contracts with companies like Nike. So by moving to New York and playing for less money in terms of his NBA contract, he's more than making up for those couple of lost millions when all of his off-the-court income increases dramatically.

Nets fan 93
07-01-2008, 01:35 AM
redblackattack the markets are about TV and how many people Nike and other Lebron brands can reach. selling jerseys is nothing compared to that income.

they reach a lot more people if lebron is in new york, because a lot more people will watch the nets compared to the cavs, especially with a megasuperstar like Lebron on the team. NY sports fans will watch in record numbers.
the NBA salary is not where he gets most of his income. its contracts with companies like Nike. So by moving to New York and playing for less money in terms of his NBA contract, he's more than making up for those couple of lost millions when all of his off-the-court income increases dramatically.
Got that right, thanks for making a nets fan happy again, and NY and NJ and maybe PA will watch not just NY..

final.wrath
07-01-2008, 01:37 AM
whoops double post

final.wrath
07-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Got that right, thanks for making a nets fan happy again, and NY and NJ and maybe PA will watch not just NY..

hell the lower half of new england too

Nets fan 93
07-01-2008, 01:40 AM
hell the lower half of new england too
:roll: Not to mention the Giants, Yankees lol wow That would be insane...

RedBlackAttack
07-01-2008, 02:41 AM

Like I said, the supposed escalator in LeBron's Nike contract based on market size does not exist. There is absolutely no evidence to support the notion that LeBron's deal with Nike will increase depending on where he is playing. He already has an absolutely huge deal with the company (a record shoe deal, in fact).

It isn't as if he is playing in Antarctica. The Cavs are on national television more than almost every team in the league and the Cavs have some of the league's highest viewership and they are one of the league's biggest road draws.

More importantly, LeBron is a global star. He is absolutely huge in Japan and China. Do you really think the Japanese and Chinese give a sh!t whether he is in a blue and orange jersey or a wine and gold one?

We have entered a global market and that goes for sports, too. Whatever extra viewership he would get from playing in a bigger market is a relatively small portion of the fans all over the world that watch him play and couldn't care less what club he plays for.

hito da god
07-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Lebron just gained a lot of rep points from me by propping Brooklyn.
B-town is wayyy cooler than Manhattan.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

bdreason
07-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Whatever "extra" contract money LBJ can make by signing with the Cavs is nothing compared to the amount of money he could make selling Jerseys and Shoes in NYC.

rezznor
07-01-2008, 04:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=dw-lebron070108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

[QUOTE]James knows all of this. His answers weren

Kobe=MVP07`
07-02-2008, 10:06 AM
No this is not a prediction, but just a thought i got while reading an article on ESPN. LA-NY the 2 big market citys
so naturally you think Knicks-Lakers but now it seems the Nets be heavily in it.
What about the Clippers, able to create some cap room in 2010 chances they are a 2nd round team in the tough west with a great PG-PF tandem and complamentary pieces like kaman thornton and gordon [chances they all stay if lebron comes -slim]
LA is where its at and if they are winning is there any doubt that lebron would not Consider The LA Clippers ..they would seem to have everything he wants..

[If your gonna call me stupid, give a reason please b/c i didnt say its gonna happen i am just asking on peoples thoughts about the possibility]

B-Mac
07-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Where would you rather have LeBron play???

Nets or Knicks

Nets fan 93
07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
I am officially a LeBrooklyn fan so Nets!!!!!!!!!!

picc84
07-02-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm not much of a fan but i'd like to see him in NY. I'm sick of the knicks sucking.

B-Mac
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I am officially a LeBrooklyn fan so Nets!!!!!!!!!!

But you won't be a fan if he stays with the Cavs for the rest of his career???

Myth
07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
LeBron is probably my favorite non-Blazer, so I count myself as a LeBron fan (Not to be confused with a LeBron groupie). I would rather have him on the Nets. I could root for the Nets if they had LeBron and no Vince Carter. Though, I'm not too big on Yi either. Still, I could never find myself rooting for the Knicks with the exception of individual games such as rooting against the Lakers.

But really I'd rather him stay on the Cavs.

taibien86
07-02-2008, 05:01 PM
NETSS!!!!!! (but im a nets fan as opposed to being a lebron fan)

veilside23
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM
since its only knicks or nets.. I would like lebron to go to garden because d'antoni will be a good compliment to lebron imo.. Cause Frank sucks he might destroy lebron's career :D

Nets fan 93
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM
But you won't be a fan if he stays with the Cavs for the rest of his career???
Rather Cle than NYK...

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-02-2008, 05:16 PM
since its only knicks or nets.. I would like lebron to go to garden because d'antoni will be a good compliment to lebron imo.. Cause Frank sucks he might destroy lebron's career :D

don't worry Frank is getting fired this season. his assistant coaches pretty much all left him (except Brian Hill), he lost his lifeline (JKidd), he lost the other core players he could trust (Collins, Jefferson) and now is stuck with All Star Vince Carter, a potential star in the blur Devin Harris, and a bunch of nonproven pieces, most of whom don't listen to defensive instructions (cough, SWilliams, MWilliams, the three rookies, Nachbar)

mlh1981
07-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Where would you rather have LeBron play???

Nets or Knicks

Cavs

BlazersDozen
07-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Cavs!

He has had a MJ type emergance in Cleveland. Taking a middle of the market team that sucked forever and taking them immediatly to the NBA playoffs and carried his crappy teammates on his back. Now he just needs his Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant...he already has his Dennis Rodman in Ben Wallace, and get his rings!

kobeFANNER
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Lebron is going to be a Laker don't be stupid

Kiddlovesnets
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
LBJ is one of the best NBA player for now but I personally prefer Chris Paul over him. However, we can see Lebron is a better fit for the Nets since he needs the ball at his hand while Devin Harris doesn't. It would be weird to see LBJ playing alongside with a PG like CP3/Deron though.

BlazersDozen
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
And how is this going to happen?

Kobe and LeBron can't play on the same court. Just watch the Olympics and you'll see.

Valliant13
07-02-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm not much of Lebron fan, but he is an amazing player...so I would like to see him in a better situation. The Cavs are a garbage organization that overpays for limited scrubs, loses all stars because they are gullible, and will never draw free agents because really...who wants to live in a ****hole like Cleavland?

I prefer he went to the West, maybe Portland if they have the Capspace. Now that would be a Dynasty team: Bayless, Roy, Lebron, Aldrige, Oden, with Fernandez coming off the bench. Damn.

bagelred
07-02-2008, 07:08 PM
What team will Lebron James play for during the 2010 season. Will it be:

A. Cleveland Cavaliers
B. New York Knicks
C. Brooklyn Nets
D. The Field

This way two years from now we can see who got it right:

InsideHoops just announced whoever gets it right gets a check for $50!!! Thanks InsideHoops. You guys are the best........its just a joke

let's see how fast that gets deleted.....

teleport
07-02-2008, 07:09 PM
the knicks i hope :)

1~Gibson~1
07-02-2008, 07:15 PM

A. Cleveland Cavaliers
B. New York Knicks
C. Brooklyn Nets
D. The Field

This way two years from now we can see who got it right:danny ferry is dumb, but not that dumb. he knows lebron only needs little help to win a championship and that help is gonna come this off-season. With that being said he'll resign and cleveland will live happily ever after. so stop making up all these lebron to brooklyn threads its getting annoying.

Skywalker
07-02-2008, 07:16 PM
New York Knicks. ****!

iggy>
07-02-2008, 07:17 PM
who in their right mind would want to play for the knicks? :oldlol:

Jimmy2k8
07-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I honestly don't see him going to the Knicks.

He'll stay with the Cavs.

Jimmy2k8
07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
who in their right mind would want to play for the knicks? :oldlol:

You know, the Knicks haven't always been horrible. The Knicks were a great franchise before Thomas came and destroyed the Knicks. I just hope the Knicks improve and get rid of mostly their roster.

dnyk1337
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
I want to live in Cleveland f*ckhead. And Lebron just had a huge house built near Akron. Try to keep up.

Mathius

And?:confusedshrug:

I have an apartment in my home country but I haven't gone in years... I'm living in NYC. Am I supposed to go live there just because I have a house there?

1~Gibson~1
07-02-2008, 07:25 PM

A. Cleveland Cavaliers
B. New York Knicks
C. Brooklyn Nets
D. The Field

InsideHoops just announced whoever gets it right gets a check for $50!!! Thanks InsideHoops. You guys are the best........its just a joke

let's see how fast that gets deleted.....:ohwell:

mlh1981
07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm not much of Lebron fan, but he is an amazing player...so I would like to see him in a better situation. The Cavs are a garbage organization that overpays for limited scrubs, loses all stars because they are gullible, and will never draw free agents because really...who wants to live in a ****hole like Cleavland?

Forget about LeBron for a second. I want to focus on the bolded part. Players can live wherever they want in the offseason, and even during the season, they spend half the season away from home. That is 41 days, plus change (preseason, training camp, team functions, etc) that they have to spend in the home city. That's not very much.

And Cleveland is a nice city. Winters suck, but people make it sound like some sort of outpost. There's a lot going on there.

The Cavs are far from being a garbage organization. They went to the finals in 2007. Noone expected them to beat Detroit to get there. Noone. This past season, despite injuries, holdouts, etc, they beat Washington in the first round (a series which most of ISH predicted they would lose), and they gave Boston a great fight when people were predicting a blowout.

Raj Da Dodge
07-02-2008, 07:28 PM

A. Cleveland Cavaliers
B. New York Knicks
C. Brooklyn Nets
D. The Field

let's see how fast that gets deleted.....
I bet you he stays in Cleveland. Everybody's getting all excited about him going to the knicks or the nets or some place else but he's not going anywhere, he's gonna stay in Cleveland.

ZHAKIDD532
07-02-2008, 07:28 PM
danny ferry is dumb, but not that dumb. he knows lebron only needs little help to win a championship and that help is gonna come this off-season. With that being said he'll resign and cleveland will live happily ever after. so stop making up all these lebron to brooklyn threads its getting annoying.
Outside of possibly VC, no one will be brought in. They have an $80 million salary already...

Right now it's too early to tell. I kinda think LeBron wants to stay in Cleveland, but his business side won't allow him to if he doesn't have that chance to win a championship. It's going to come down to who has the best team. It's 2 years away, so it could be anyone. I'd love for it to be the Nets, they have a lot of young talent and if these guys live up to their potential and LeBron slides in at the SF, they'd be unstoppable. I'd absolutely love that, but there is not guarentee...

1~Gibson~1
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Outside of possibly VC, no one will be brought in. They have an $80 million salary already...

Right now it's too early to tell. I kinda think LeBron wants to stay in Cleveland, but his business side won't allow him to if he doesn't have that chance to win a championship. It's going to come down to who has the best team. It's 2 years away, so it could be anyone. I'd love for it to be the Nets, they have a lot of young talent and if these guys live up to their potential and LeBron slides in at the SF, they'd be unstoppable. I'd absolutely love that, but there is not guarentee...but my point is that he already has a chance to win in cleveland all he needs is a legit second option and they could've beaten boston, or could've beaten SA and brought the 1st ever b-ball trophy to his hometown.

Valliant13
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
And Lebron just had a huge house built near Akron. Try to keep up.

Mathius

Akron...that's his fifth favorite city, I believe. What city was at the top of his list...oh yeah, New York.

Valliant13
07-02-2008, 07:36 PM
The Cavs are far from being a garbage organization. They went to the finals in 2007. Noone expected them to beat Detroit to get there. Noone. This past season, despite injuries, holdouts, etc, they beat Washington in the first round (a series which most of ISH predicted they would lose), and they gave Boston a great fight when people were predicting a blowout.

I actually like most of the Cavs players...they are just limited. It's the Cavs front office that is garbage. Aside from picking Lebron first have they done one thing right since they got him?

Mathius
07-02-2008, 08:02 PM
And?:confusedshrug:

I have an apartment in my home country but I haven't gone in years... I'm living in NYC. Am I supposed to go live there just because I have a house there?

I dunno, did it cost you millions to build just last year?

WTF would posses you to pay for an apartment you're not staying at anyways. Sounds pretty stupid and a waste of money. I wish I had cash to burn.

Akron...that's his fifth favorite city, I believe. What city was at the top of his list...oh yeah, New York.

Right.. but no house in N.Y.

Mathius

Posterize246
07-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Cavs

Posterize246
07-02-2008, 08:08 PM
any team that clears enough cap space for LeBron, isn't going to have enough talent on their team for LeBron

fiddy
07-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Pathetic thread.

ZHAKIDD532
07-02-2008, 08:20 PM
but my point is that he already has a chance to win in cleveland all he needs is a legit second option and they could've beaten boston, or could've beaten SA and brought the 1st ever b-ball trophy to his hometown.
Do you really think that the Cavs were ever gonna beat the Spurs?

inclinerator
07-02-2008, 08:42 PM
if i had to pick new york the 50 pts game was epic i wish he did that every game

Mateo
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Cavs. We heard this garbage before he resigned with the Cavs before. Same garbage, and no one ever owns up to being wrong the previous time it comes up.

1~Gibson~1
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
:rolleyes: didnt we all????(cleveland fans that is)
Do you really think that the Cavs were ever gonna beat the Spurs?

iDunk
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Brooklyn Nets.

I'll be so happy if this happens.

BlazersDozen
07-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Cavs. His passion to win is stronger than his passion to be the richest athlete ever and any team that has room to sign LeBron won't be a contender anyways unless it's Portland and I highly doubt they'll be under the cap enough to sign LeBron.

Kobe=MVP07`
07-02-2008, 09:19 PM

I prefer he went to the West, maybe Portland if they have the Capspace. Now that would be a Dynasty team: Bayless, Roy, Lebron, Aldrige, Oden, with Fernandez coming off the bench. Damn.

Still wouldnt match a Lakers with Lebron

Lebron
Kobe
Lamar
Gasol
Bynum

Lebron and kobe both can play the PG, there ball-handling and courtvision is top 10 and with such a long Tall ..and yet Fast team Defensivly be amazing

the offense, just run the triangle and every1 will dominate

and there will be no worries about who takes the last shot, b/c it will never get that close, they will Dominate!:rockon:

[but they would prob Trade lamar+filler in a S&T for bron..]

RedBlackAttack
07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I actually like most of the Cavs players...they are just limited. It's the Cavs front office that is garbage. Aside from picking Lebron first have they done one thing right since they got him?
The Cavs had one horrible offseason in 2005, signing Larry Hughes, Damon Jones, and Donyell Marshall to huge contracts that they didn't deserve.

But, aside from that rather large screw-up, I don't think the organization has done anything notably bad. I believe that acquiring Delonte West last year was a step in the right direction. He is a young, solid point guard that is exactly the kind of player that could thrive next to LeBron.

The rest of that trade was a wash, imo. We didn't get anything great, but didn't give up anything great, either.

I honestly think that the Cavs are one position away from winning a championship. They need a guy that can score in the post.

Let's face it... if the organization was THAT inept, the Cavs would not have done as well as they have the last three years in the postseason. They are 6-3 in the playoffs in that span and that includes losing a 7-game series to Detroit in '06 when no one thought they could take that to five games, a finals appearance, and giving the Celtics, by far, their toughest test of the playoffs.

This team is not that far away. They play great defense, are probably the best rebounding team in the league, and they have some solid shooters that can fill it up when they get hot.

Yes... Mistakes were made in the offseason a few years ago, but drafting Gibson in the second round, making Pavlovic and Varejao sit it out last season and take smaller contracts than they wanted, and the acquisition of West were all quality moves.

The sad thing is that Carlos Boozer would put this team over the top....

I will dismiss your comments about the city of Cleveland, because I doubt you have ever even visited. Cleveland and its outskirts are actually very nice. Downtown has had a resurgence in the last 20 years. It feels and looks a heck of a lot like Chicago. Some of the surrounding 'burbs would have you wondering if you were in Beverly Hills, not Cleveland.

bagelred
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Pathetic thread.

Maybe YOUR pathetic. Don't be hatin'.

toneloc103
07-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Wonder how many stupid a$$ed posts there were when Duncan was supposedly leaving the Spurs (for the Magic), and Kobe was supposedly leaving the Lakers (for the Clippers). Both of those things happened right?

bagelred
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm going to predict Nets too, but Lebron is "stuipdly" loyal to his friend Jay-Z ..he should go to the Knicks.

ukballer
07-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Cavs I think. I wouldn't mind him going elsewhere just for the uproar/media response which may be entertaining, and because any change in the NBA is interesting to observe, whether its successful or not.

Lebron23
07-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Chicago Bulls

bagelred
07-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Chicago Bulls

Not happening.

sixerfan82
07-03-2008, 06:00 PM
brooklyn nets of course

Buffalobraves
07-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Does anyone know how much of a part JZ owns of the Brooklyn Nets?

Beebo
07-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Memphis Grizzlies.

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
NETS
Why would he want to resign w/ the Cavs?
They have no trade value for the superstar to get them to the next level...
Big Ben-old
Z-old
Wally-old
snow-old
D.Jones-old
they have no future like us the YOUNGEST team in the NBA*when we drop KVH's contract.
No way its Clevland but a slight chance it MAY be NYK's
N-E-T-S baby!!!!!!

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know how much of a part JZ owns of the Brooklyn Nets?
Im pretty sure 10%
We Nets fans want him to be our real owner. Ratner is a *****

beau_boy04
07-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Lebron James is comin:applause: g to Chicago and follow Michael Jordan's footsteps

Everybody wanna be like Mike!

bagelred
07-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Lebron James is comin:applause: g to Chicago and follow Michael Jordan's footsteps

Everybody wanna be like Mike!

This is why he WON'T go to Chicago. He wants to create his own legacy.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Im pretty sure 10%
We Nets fans want him to be our real owner. Ratner is a *****
Um, no...

Jay-Z owns exactly 1.47% of the Nets.

http://www.netsdaily.com/?m=20071225

He is barely affiliated with the organization.

bagelred
07-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Um, no...

Jay-Z owns exactly 1.47% of the Nets.

http://www.netsdaily.com/?m=20071225

He is barely affiliated with the organization.

He may have 1.47% of the Nets, but he has 100% of Lebron James' heart.

RedBlackAttack
07-03-2008, 09:56 PM
He may have 1.47% of the Nets, but he has 100% of Lebron James' heart.
If LeBron is going to make the defining choice in his career based on a guy that owns 1% of a bad team, I will lose a lot of respect for the man.

bagelred
07-03-2008, 10:07 PM
If LeBron is going to make the defining choice in his career based on a guy that owns 1% of a bad team, I will lose a lot of respect for the man.

Lebron is a "loyal" guy. He's going to be loyal in a dumb way, and go to the Nets. When he SHOULD go to the Knicks. Brooklyn is not Manhattan. Play in the Garden Lebron....

1~Gibson~1
07-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Hes not going to the nets or knicks. He gonma remain a cav. Ferry knows he has to do somethingwthis offseason and he is gonna do something. Why would he go to brooklyn for less money to be with a rapper, that seems a little gay dont u think? Hes on a contending team right now and y would he leave that 4 a non contending team when he could bring a trophy to his hometown

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 10:25 PM
And LeBron would care why?

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Hes not going to the nets or knicks. He gonma remain a cav. Ferry knows he has to do somethingwthis offseason and he is gonna do something. Why would he go to brooklyn for less money to be with a rapper, that seems a little gay dont u think? Hes on a contending team right now and y would he leave that 4 a non contending team when he could bring a trophy to his hometown
Nets in a couple years will be contending what the heck are you talking about?
Developed players by 2010
Harris- just a little bit better
Lopez- 14 years younger than Big Z
S-Will- Nice 6rh man off the bench
Yi- Nice Stroke and will only be 23
CDR-Hopefully a starter by then has a chip on his shoulder for the draft
M-Will- He is working his *** off this summer hopefully we dont trade him
Boone- Rebounding Machine already :D
While the Cavs have
D.Jones-old
J.Smith-old
Snow-old
Ben-old way outta his prime
Z- old
Wally-old
Brown-by 2010 old
You guys have absolutely no trade value to get another star, beside LeBron. a bunch of Vets wont get you a star... I hate reading Clevland needs one more star... how the heck will they get another star w/ this team?

1~Gibson~1
07-03-2008, 10:56 PM
I dont know where i wrotd the cavs need a star bcause thats not wat i said. Wat the cavs need is a second option. And yes our team is full of oldies but the past two championship teams are old.

Lebron23
07-03-2008, 10:59 PM
I dont know where i wrotd the cavs need a star bcause thats not wat i said. Wat the cavs need is a second option. And yes our team is full of oldies but the past two championship teams are old.

LeBron will play for the Alabama Jammers. :lol

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I never said it was you its the dang newspaper articals about "They need to get one more star and they will win another championship" It is getting me p'd they have nothing to give up fo a star
I quoted you because you said non contending team...By 2010 we will be a young contending team compared to the Cavs who will be one of the oldest teams in the NBA

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Hopefully when James comes in 2010. All you doubters turn into Nets fans. because when he does finally wear a nets uniform we WILL WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP. and it is also reported that James can maybe lure one of his friends to the Nets if he ever makes it here. which is Bosh or wade

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 11:41 PM
We dont need these guys to be nets fans... lets dominate their teams :cheers:

1~Gibson~1
07-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Hows about i just leave you guys alone so you can keep dreaming. :oldlol: -:rolleyes:

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 11:47 PM
We aint dreaming... I cant wait for us to win the championship and Jay-z running onto the court... I'm in the stands taken pictures. Then I will post them in the Cavs forum and laugh in all your faces!!!!!!!!!!!!

1~Gibson~1
07-03-2008, 11:52 PM
We aint dreaming... I cant wait for us to win the championship and Jay-z running onto the court... I'm in the stands taken pictures. Then I will post them in the Cavs forum and laugh in all your faces!!!!!!!!!!!!then what.....u wake up??????:oldlol: seriously just keep dreamin!!! :roll:

It's A VC3!!!
07-03-2008, 11:56 PM
then what.....u wake up??????:oldlol: seriously just keep dreamin!!! :roll:

No you need to wake up if you think he is staying in clevland past 2010. ARE YOU AWAKE???????????

Nets fan 93
07-03-2008, 11:59 PM
LMAO gotta stick up fo yo brotha's!!!!!!!!!!!

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 12:01 AM
No you need to wake up if you think he is staying in clevland past 2010. ARE YOU AWAKE???????????why would he go to the nets.

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 12:02 AM
B/C your team is old and ours isnt!!!!!!
Change draft CDR b/c we stole him from your team too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Change draft CDR b/c we stole him from your team too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Boston=old they won a ship. Spurs=old they won a ship. Nets=young (& sucky)-no ship........:oldlol:

He went to the finals with an OLD team. Why would he leave.

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2008, 12:15 AM
1~Gibson~1 stop talking in your sleep. I already told you WAKE UP!!

James will be coming to the Nets in 2010

And plus I dont see a reason for James to stay with the Cavs if he doesnt

win a championship by 2010.

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 12:15 AM
That was 2 yrs ago you went to the finals, they are 2 years older
We dont suck its just we didnt have a lot of of chemistry when Devin arrived and our only superstar Jason Collins was traded for stro

Cannonball
07-04-2008, 12:20 AM
We dont suck its just we didnt have a lot of of chemistry when Devin arrived and our only superstar Jason Collins was traded for stro
no the nets suck..

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 12:20 AM
We dont suck its just we didnt have a lot of of chemistry when Devin arrived and our only superstar Jason Collins was traded for stroif jason collins is the superstar of that team lebron's definately staying in cleveland. 2010 is in 2 years anyways how can you predict whether or not we'll still have all these old players.

Theres no point in arguing anyways.....you guys are probably 12 years old. lol, we'll see what happens in 2010.

Mathius
07-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Change draft CDR b/c we stole him from your team too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you seriously that dense? Joe Smith, Eric Snow, Damon Jones, Ben Wallace, Wally, Dwayne Jones, Devin Brown, Delonte West, and Boobie Gibson are all free agents before 2010. That means our entire team is potentially going to change before Lebron's contract becomes an issue.

How is it that you can sit there and say Lebron is a lock to sign with Brooklyn in 2 years, but you can't look past this year when you look at the Cavs roster.

The Cavs could damn well not sign anybody high dollar and just hoard all that cap space like everyone else, re-sign Lebron, and then sign Bosh or McGrady (or both) to back him up.

Mathius

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Im saying that all the news papers are sayin WHEN the cavs get another all star by LeBron.....they will win the Championship. My point is that the cavs dont have anyone tradeable for a future all-star, before 2010
I am fooloing around I know it is going to be a challenge to get LeBron I know he isnt going to automatically sign...
relax

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 12:39 AM
if jason collins is the superstar of that team lebron's definately staying in cleveland. 2010 is in 2 years anyways how can you predict whether or not we'll still have all these old players.

Theres no point in arguing anyways.....you guys are probably 12 years old. lol, we'll see what happens in 2010.
Im fifteen buddy 94-5 would be 12...
I was just kidding about Jason Collins lol

ChrisPaulIsPunk
07-04-2008, 12:40 AM
you are all being ignorant!

lebron must go to sacramento kings to received his crown to be truly KING James.

so then their team name can change to: Sacramento King James

I am super serial!!

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 12:43 AM
^Lame

ChrisPaulIsPunk
07-04-2008, 12:47 AM
^Lame

**** man Lebron doesnt want to be a friggin Net, quit ur hopes

hes either staying cavaliers and remain hero of the state, or go to sacramento kings, mark my word, i will be proven right by 2010

ChrisPaulIsPunk
07-04-2008, 12:58 AM
or does he absolutely necessary have to stay till 2010

Mathius
07-04-2008, 01:09 AM
My point is that the cavs dont have anyone tradeable for a future all-star, before 2010

Which is ridiculously false. A few expirers and a draft pick will net you an all star in the right cases. We saw it twice last year, and we've seen it over the years many times. Not to mention when an all star caliber player makes it clear he's going to leave, his value drops real fast in the trade market.

Or the Cavs could trade for no one and use the cap money to sign someone. We had 15 mil to spend on Larry Hughes, I'm sure we can come up with that much for someone of quality.

IIRC the following guys are all unrestricted free agents or have player options next year:

Allen Iverson
Rasheed Wallace
Kobe Bryant
Jason Kidd
Eddy Curry
Hedo Turkoglu
Andre Miller
Steve Nash
Steve Francis
Ron Artest
Mike Bibby
Carlos Boozer
Mehmet Okur

Mathius

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 01:30 AM
the only good ones from that list are memo, ron, Boozer and AI... no way any other will win you a championship
EDIT: my bad didnt see kb24

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 01:31 AM

hes either staying cavaliers and remain hero of the state, or go to sacramento kings, mark my word, i will be proven right by 2010
plz dont use that word to describe my wonderful Nets. Link???

RedBlackAttack
07-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Nets fan 93 has officially become the most annoying poster on the board. Congratulations on that. You know a franchise is pathetic when all a fan can do is cross his fingers and hope for 2010. :oldlol:

Loser.

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Nets fan 93 has officially become the most annoying poster on the board. Congratulations on that. You know a franchise is pathetic when all a fan can do is cross his fingers and hope for 2010. :oldlol:

Loser.
So true

shaoyut
07-04-2008, 01:48 AM
So true

Lebron23
07-04-2008, 01:53 AM
plz dont use that word to describe my wonderful Nets. Link???

It's going to be the Brooklyn Knights in 2010. ( The New name of the New Jersey Nets)

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 01:53 AM
SMH......

final.wrath
07-04-2008, 02:36 AM
so stop making up all these lebron to brooklyn threads its getting annoying.

its only annoying because you know its true

final.wrath
07-04-2008, 02:38 AM

Loser.

dude u don't realize how many posts u make desperate that lebron will stay in 2010.

u should just start the acceptance process a guy whos commited to his hometown team doesnt announce his favorite burrough is brooklyn and his favorite city is NY

he wants to be the worlds first sports billionaire u think he has a chance of that in cleveland? no.

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 02:38 AM
Yay im the most annoying :party:
I really dont care what you all think
Think what you want untill 2010

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 02:41 AM
dude u don't realize how many posts u make desperate that lebron will stay in 2010.

u should just start the acceptance process a guy whos commited to his hometown team doesnt announce his favorite burrough is brooklyn and his favorite city is NY

he wants to be the worlds first sports billionaire u think he has a chance of that in cleveland? no.
There is really no use arguing with him or Mathius...

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-04-2008, 02:51 AM
must stay until at least the 2010 offseason. he can opt out or choose to play for one more season.

kind of convenient as the Nets new Barclay's Center was slated for a 2010 opening, but because of the shaky economy, may be pushed back to 2011. besides, there's no way that Lebron is playing in East Rutherford.

bdreason
07-04-2008, 03:15 AM
I thought the last year on a rookie contract was a team option.

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 03:18 AM
hir rookie season passed already bro...
they resigned him for three more years...
he has a player option in 2010

bdreason
07-04-2008, 03:21 AM
hir rookie season passed already bro...
they resigned him for three more years...
he has a player option in 2010

My bad. How time flies.

The last year of a rookie contract is a team option though right?

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 03:36 AM
yup

bdreason
07-04-2008, 03:41 AM
yup

One more question;

Is there any particular reason the Cavs decided to extend his contract for 3 years as opposed to signing him for longer?

Is there some sort of limit on extensions or duration of second contracts?

RedBlackAttack
07-04-2008, 03:45 AM
One more question;

Is there any particular reason the Cavs decided to extend his contract for 3 years as opposed to signing him for longer?

Is there some sort of limit on extensions or duration of second contracts?
It was LeBron and his agent that came up with the idea of having an option after the third year. Wade and Bosh both signed the exact same contract.

If the Cavs could have signed him for 10 years, they would have.

bdreason
07-04-2008, 03:52 AM
It was LeBron's and his agent that came up with the idea of having an option after the third year. Wade and Bosh both signed the exact same contracts.

If the Cavs could have signed him for 10 years, they would have.

It makes sense, because for a player like LeBron, his value is obviously going to exceed his contract within 3 years.

RedBlackAttack
07-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Wait... I'm the desperate one, now? As far as I know, LeBron plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers and has for the last five years. Somehow, I'm desperate because I am annoyed at a bunch of idiots who make assumptions based on an interview in which LeBron extolled his fondness of the Big Apple?

I like New York, too. I don't really have a 'favorite' city, because I think that is pretty stupid and, frankly, immature. I do enjoy the time that I spend in NYC, though.

I'm confused on how I am the desperate one, however, when LeBron plays for my favorite team, has played for my favorite team since he came into the league, gets along with the front office, the coach, and his teammates, and has never had any problems with the organization.

On the other side, you have this guy who is banking on LeBron leaving the Cavs and joining his favorite team in 2010. As if we didn't know his hopes and dreams, it is in his avatar and his signature. How is that not the most desperate thing ever splayed on this board? How am I being 'desperate' in the least? How can you possibly call me out for being 'desperate' with this jerkoff running around with his 'LeBrooklyn 2010' banners?

...or not.

Why didn't he just leave two years ago? What was the point in staying with the Cavs if he was so dead set on skipping town? Why is LeBron building a 35,440-square-foot home in Bath Township (about 10 minutes outside of Cleveland) if he hates it so much?

Btw, Akron is not Cleveland. Saying he isn't committed to his hometown is just stupid. His entire extended family still resides in Akron.

His favorite college team is Ohio State. Why does this not get as much play as his fascination with the Yankees? I believe LeBron is also a Cowboys fan... maybe he will go to the Mavericks?

The truth is, he has not given any substantial indication that he is leaving Cleveland or that he is unhappy. People are jumping to ludicrous conclusions based on harmless statements.

Well... he isn't going to be the world's first sports billionaire. That is going to be Tiger Woods. Where LeBron plays is going to have little impact on whether or not he becomes the first sports billionaire. He signed a record contract with Nike while playing in Cleveland.

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 04:04 AM
NJ fans sound so desperate. Y cant u just get over it. Lebrons not comin. I mean, thats just like derrick rose leaving chi-town 4 new york

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-04-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't know why NJ fans are even getting desperate.

It's either the Knicks or Cavs

Meticode
07-04-2008, 09:28 AM
It's honestly a question of money and opportunities for money. More likely than not the Knicks and Nets will not be "high" contenders in the playoffs or even make the playoffs then. But, if he goes to those markets he'll obviously get more money, more opportunities to make money.

If he wants to stay with the logical choice to have a chance to win a title, stay with Cleveland.
If he wants to be more commercial than he insanely already is, Brooklyn/NY.

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2008, 09:48 AM

I know one thing for sure

He doesnt want to play with the Sacramento Queens.

bagelred
07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
It's going to be the Brooklyn Knights in 2010. ( The New name of the New Jersey Nets)

link?

Mathius
07-04-2008, 12:23 PM
If he wants to be more commercial than he insanely already is, Brooklyn/NY.

I still disagree with that opinion. Michael Jordan went global in a small market (don't tell me Chicago is a big market, because the point is, it wasn't when MJ started there) and while Lebron isn't MJ, his popularity is just about getting there.

And MJ didn't have the benefit of global communications on this scale. The internet boom didn't take place until somewhere between his 2nd retirement and his second comeback.

Mathius

Mathius
07-04-2008, 12:34 PM
I believe that acquiring Delonte West last year was a step in the right direction. He is a young, solid point guard that is exactly the kind of player that could thrive next to LeBron.

The rest of that trade was a wash, imo. We didn't get anything great, but didn't give up anything great, either.

Actually the rest of the trade was more than a wash, it was brilliant. We ditched Ira Newbles contract, Donyell Marshall's contract, Drew Gooden's new contact, and swapped Wallace for Hughes. Hughes was good for nothing here, but at least Wallace gives us 8 rebounds, ok defense, and a few more blocked shots than we ever got from those other guys combined.

The guys we picked up may not be great, but they all expire a lot sooner than the guys we gave up. Joe Smith ended up being a great contributor off the bench, probably the steal of the trade.

Mathius

bagelred
07-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Michael Jordan went global in a small market (don't tell me Chicago is a big market, because the point is, it wasn't when MJ started there)

Mathius

True that. I mean, it's ONLY the third biggest city in the country. Might as well be Boise.

Ya know, when MJ started with the Bulls, I never even HEARD of Chicago.

Valliant13
07-04-2008, 01:08 PM
If the Blazers were a tad carefull with their spending they could clear out capspace for Lebron. A starting lineup of Roy/Fernandez/Lebron/Aldrige/Oden could win titles for a long time. Mind that is only if the winning means more than being in a large market.

ChuckOakley
07-04-2008, 01:44 PM
True that. I mean, it's ONLY the third biggest city in the country. Might as well be Boise.

Me either.. I kept hearing of these storied franchises such as the Bears, White Sox, Cubs, Blackhawks etc... but I never knew they were actually from Chicago until Jordan went there. I think they also made a play named after the City that Michael made famous.

BTW, I'd say there is a better chance of Lebron not being with the Cavs in 2010-2011, than there is that he stays with the team. The sooner the fans and management realize this, the better. They have 2 more years to win a title with LBJ.... that should be their mentality.

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 01:45 PM
NJ fans sound so desperate. Y cant u just get over it. Lebrons not comin. I mean, thats just like derrick rose leaving chi-town 4 new york
Link?
Get over what? We are excited a superstar may have a chance to play in our new Stadium in Brooklyn. Why would we want some crybaby Cav fans ruin our spirit like that. Cavs fans should get over the fact that we are excited.

bagelred
07-04-2008, 03:10 PM

BTW, I'd say there is a better chance of Lebron not being with the Cavs in 2010-2011, than there is that he stays with the team. The sooner the fans and management realize this, the better. They have 2 more years to win a title with LBJ.... that should be their mentality.

I agree. The chances of him leaving are greater than staying. I think he'll simply have the itch to try something different and experience the big market. Like many players do. I mean, in 2010 he will have played what, 8 years in Cleveland? I think he'll be ready to leave.

And like I said, he SHOULD go to the Knicks, but have a feeling he'll choose Nets.

Mathius
07-04-2008, 03:35 PM

I guess you're not smart enough to know what the term market share means, eh? Yeah, because the Bulls were doing so much better than the Bears, the Cubs, etc. before Michael came to town.

I'm sure the fact that attendance went up 87% Michael's first year with the Bulls was completely coincidental. We can ignore the fact that the old Chicago stadium was more or less empty before that.

Jordan certainly didn't inject millions to billions of dollars into both Chicago's economy and the NBA as an industry.

None of that is true or relevant at all.

Forget the fact that when Jordan announced his intentions to retire the whole city braced itself for an estimated minimum one million dollars in lost revenue, or that CNN estimates that Jordan is responsible for about 10 billion dollars in the U.S. economy.

Yeah, Chicago was a big market before Jordan. Just not for basketball.

But its ok. Take everything literally. Don't f'ing use your head or anything like that. Nothing I said above is true either.

Mathius

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Link?
Get over what? We are excited a superstar may have a chance to play in our new Stadium in Brooklyn. Why would we want some crybaby Cav fans ruin our spirit like that. Cavs fans should get over the fact that we are excited.i need a link saying that lebron is leaving cleveland. and who's crying, bcause i know im not. im sitting at the computer laughing at you nets fans for sounding desperated for a superstar getting excited for no reason.

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 05:51 PM
i need a link saying that lebron is leaving cleveland. and who's crying, bcause i know im not. im sitting at the computer laughing at you nets fans for sounding desperated for a superstar getting excited for no reason.
You said
LeBron is not comin
You got any proof he's not coming? We arent getting excited for no reason... What would you do if you had the chance to get Kobe Bryant. I would probably see all these Cle fans w/ avatars of Kobe and LeBron and you know it.
You guys are getting so overworked that every non Clevland fan is thinking that LeBron isnt go back to Cleveland. Get over it there is nothing you can do to change our minds besides providing articals showing proof.

rknine15
07-04-2008, 06:02 PM
if the net do indeed go to brooklyn im almost convinced that he will be a Net

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 06:06 PM
If kobe was coming to cleveland we would have lebron and kobe avys, but thats not the point. Nets fans are making threads about lebron leaving every 30 minutes and it just got annoying. I really dont care if u have lebrooklyn avys and all it just got annoying reading lebron going to cleveland in 75% of the threads

rknine15
07-04-2008, 06:09 PM
If kobe was coming to cleveland we would have lebron and kobe avys, but thats not the point. Nets fans are making threads about lebron leaving every 30 minutes and it just got annoying. I really dont care if u have lebrooklyn avys and all it just got annoying reading lebron going to cleveland in 75% of the threads
then don't read it? :confusedshrug:

Mathius
07-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Well... he isn't going to be the world's first sports billionaire. That is going to be Tiger Woods. Where LeBron plays is going to have little impact on whether or not he becomes the first sports billionaire. He signed a record contract with Nike while playing in Cleveland.

What kind of an IQ do you have to have where someone says something one time, and you take it as the word of god?

I want to be the first billionaire in my family, but I'm not going to move to NY to make an extra $1000 a year.

Mathius

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Really??? There are only three LeBron James threads in the Nets forum 1st page not sure about the second tho... as rknine said you dont have to read them, relax... You are getting worked up for nothing bro.

Good Old Willy
07-04-2008, 06:53 PM
... Lebron ... first sports billionaire...

...Well... he isn't going to be the world's first sports billionaire. That is going to be Tiger Woods...

Think I've posted this twice before in the last few weeks, but anyway.

First and only sports (athlete) billionaire was Michael Schumacher, F1.

When Micheal J was earning his max money, Michael S was making way more, over a HUNDRED MILLION a year combined salary + ads. Dude became a billionaire a couple years back already... 2005 Eurobusiness magazine is what wiki quotes.

:eek:

It's A VC3!!!
07-04-2008, 07:02 PM

When Micheal J was earning his max money, Michael S was making way more, over a HUNDRED MILLION a year combined salary + ads. Dude became a billionaire a couple years back already... 2005 Eurobusiness magazine is what wiki quotes.

This guy was making all this money and I never heard of him:eek: :eek:

RoseCity07
07-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Knicks, because New York needs to stop having such a pathetic franchise.

1~Gibson~1
07-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Really??? There are only three LeBron James threads in the Nets forum 1st page not sure about the second tho... as rknine said you dont have to read them, relax... You are getting worked up for nothing bro.
Im not gettin worked up im just sayin that its getting annoying

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah I as A net fan am kinda getting annoyed too.

RedBlackAttack
07-04-2008, 08:37 PM

I knew Schumacher was making a boatload of money. I didn't realize he had surpassed the billion mark, but I'm not surprised. Good to know...

As for the constant LeBron/New York stuff, it has just worn thin. We've been hearing about it year after year. Every quote by LeBron is over-analyzed to the point of absurdity.

Predicting what is going to happen in the free agency market two years from now is just plain stupid. Assuming he is going to Brooklyn is a major mistake. You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Sure.... there is a chance that it could happen. He could also sign with a host of other teams or re-sign with the Cavs. So much can happen between then and now, it is impossible to forecast.

That is why I find it rather pathetic that people are parading around with LeBron/Nets avys and sigs, pronouncing that 2010 will bring them their wish.

How about we focus on this coming season? I know for a fact where LeBron will be playing.

Nets fan 93
07-04-2008, 08:43 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bagelred
07-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Knicks, because New York needs to stop having such a pathetic franchise.

I'm sure NBA and league office will try to push Lebron in that direction if they can.

jo3y91
07-05-2008, 10:53 AM
im confused as 2 why people think hes going the knicks, the only thing i can think of is if he wants 2 win which i dont believe coz the knicks are ****, or if he wants money. because atm hes in cleveland and hes always wanted 2 get them a chip.

mamba314
07-05-2008, 11:14 AM

Me either.. I kept hearing of these storied franchises such as the Bears, White Sox, Cubs, Blackhawks etc... but I never knew they were actually from Chicago until Jordan went there. I think they also made a play named after the City that Michael made famous.
Yea, Chicago's only the third largest media market in the U.S. The third largest city in the U.S. and an economic hub for the entire midwest...place sure was a dump before Jordan got there.

Mathius
07-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Yea, Chicago's only the third largest media market in the U.S. The third largest city in the U.S. and an economic hub for the entire midwest...place sure was a dump before Jordan got there.

Learn to read.

Mathius

Nets fan 93
07-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Are you a cavs fan?

Lebron23
07-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Are you a cavs fan?

LBJoftheYMCA = Poseidon or Younggrease

Nets fan 93
07-05-2008, 10:03 PM
ah, ok

bagelred
07-05-2008, 10:29 PM
My thread was highjacked!!!!!!!!!!!

I made up this thread and now someone else got the credit?

Erase this thread, insidehoops or put my post first!!!!!

ChrisKreager
07-06-2008, 07:13 PM
So he's buddies with Jay-Z. Big deal.

Look at the team.

Yi Jianlian, one of the Lopez twins, and the overrated Vince Carter (if he's still with the team).

That's not exactly a team I'd be wanting to play for.

Maybe in NBA 2K9, but not the real thing.

1~Gibson~1
07-06-2008, 07:16 PM

Look at the team.

Yi Jianlian, one of the Lopez twins, and the overrated Vince Carter (if he's still with the team).

Maybe in NBA 2K9, but not the real thing.i ask the same question but D@MN!!!!!!! STOP MAKING SO MANY THREADS ABOUT IT!!!!!!!! ignorant nets and knicks fans just say that to annoy people thats all. :rolleyes:

One of Shemps Kids
07-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I don't get it either. I get he might want to make it big in the biggest stage in the world, New York, but why not the Knicks? Who knows if the Nets will even have a big fan base, but it sure as hell won't be one that rivals the Knicks. Nor will they have the money to spend on LeBron like the Knicks. Nor will they have the history.

Why are he Brooklyn Nets better than the New York Knicks for LeBron? I don't know.

Nets fan 93
07-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Knicks are screwed Isaih ruined their whole team. Im sure the options for him right now are Clevland and Brooklyn. I aint going to argue so that guy w/ the bruce lee avatar doesnt go nuts again

BTW: no love for Sean Williams or Devin Harris :no:

1~Gibson~1
07-06-2008, 07:22 PM
I don't get it either. I get he might want to make it big in the biggest stage in the world, New York, but why not the Knicks? Who knows if the Nets will even have a big fan base, but it sure as hell won't be one that rivals the Knicks. Nor will they have the money to spend on LeBron like the Knicks. Nor will they have the history.

Why are he Brooklyn Nets better than the New York Knicks for LeBron? I don't know. :wtf: ............anway how can people jump to a comclusion that he's gonna go anywhere when everyone contract is gonna expire before/when his does. for all we know in 2010 ferry could sign amare and then resign him............:confusedshrug:

1~Gibson~1
07-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Knicks are screwed Isaih ruined their whole team. Im sure the options for him right now are Clevland and Brooklyn. I aint going to argue so that guy w/ the bruce lee avatar doesnt go nuts again

BTW: no love for Sean Williams or Devin Harris :no::roll:

Nets fan 93
07-06-2008, 07:27 PM
:roll:
Seriously ISH has some weird Cavs fans not you but.. Mathius and that guy w/ the bruce lee avatar :wtf:

1~Gibson~1
07-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Seriously ISH has some weird Cavs fans not you but.. Mathius and that guy w/ the bruce lee avatar :wtf:yeah....i dont like mathius either. dont like em, but dont hate em. :confusedshrug:

It's A VC3!!!
07-06-2008, 07:31 PM
yeah....i dont like mathius either. :confusedshrug:

That make 3 of us

Nets fan 93
07-06-2008, 07:33 PM
yeah....i dont like mathius either. dont like em, but dont hate em. :confusedshrug:
I never said I hated them I just said I dont like them too much..

One of Shemps Kids
07-06-2008, 07:36 PM
:wtf: ............anway how can people jump to a comclusion that he's gonna go anywhere when everyone contract is gonna expire before/when his does. for all we know in 2010 ferry could sign amare and then resign him............:confusedshrug:

Both are in New York but the Knicks have more money, resources, fans and fame. Why the HELL would he pick the Nets over the Knicks if you find my response so baffling?

...and to answer your question, they would already have to be greatly under the cap to get LeBron anyway, so your theory "Isiah ruined the knicks, they'll hav 200 million in payroll!" won't work.

ChuckOakley
07-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Look at the team.

Maybe in NBA 2K9, but not the real thing.

Let's review why LBJ or really any big free agent may want to sign with the Nets in the summer of 2010...

1. A brand new arena in NYC, and essentially a new team... the Brooklyn Nets. NYC is the greatest city in the US and a city desperate for a superstar and a team they can be proud of. LBJ could essentially become the biggest celebrity in all of professional sports if he were to come to NYC.

2. The Nets along with a few other teams will have the most money to throw at LBJ outside of Cleveland. The 10-20 million or whatever he would lose over the course of the contract by not signing with Cleveland, would more than be made up by endoresments and business oppurunties afforded to him by being in the financial capital of the US. Or, the Nets could orchesrate a S&T that would be able to pay him that added money.

3. Even though Jay-Z is a minority owner (5-10%) this is still a major investment on Jay-Z's part. Jay-z has proven to be a winner and a good business man. LBJ coming to the Nets would ensure the Nets would be one of the highest grossing teams with Yi, VC and LBJ in the NYC market. Expect Jay-Z to try his hardest to sell him on the team.

4. NJ is one of the youngest teams in the league with alot more assest than what was listed. Barring no trades, they have the following under contract for 2010-2011.

Devin Harris
Vince Carter
?????????? / Ryan Anderson
Yi Jianlian / Sean Williams
Brook Lopez
+
2009 #1
2 2010 #1's
+
Cap Space
+
Potentially CDR, Boone, M.Williams

VC is a $17 million expirer that year which could be used in a S&T for LBJ or used to net other players.

I'll say it one more time.... Cleveland fans should have the mentality that their time to win the title is now, for the next two years, because I think the odds are greater they lose LBJ than they keep him.

Nets fan 93
07-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Both are in New York but the Knicks have more money, resources, fans and fame. Why the HELL would he pick the Nets over the Knicks if you find my response so baffling?

...and to answer your question, they would already have to be greatly under the cap to get LeBron anyway, so your theory "Isiah ruined the knicks, they'll hav 200 million in payroll!" won't work.
Exactly, I dont know why they dont understand...

One of Shemps Kids
07-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Let's review why LBJ or really any big free agent may want to sign with the Nets in the summer of 2010...

1. A brand new arena in NYC, and essentially a new team... the Brooklyn Nets. NYC is the greatest city in the US and a city desperate for a superstar and a team they can be proud of. LBJ could essentially become the biggest celebrity in all of professional sports if he were to come to NYC.

2. The Nets along with a few other teams will have the most money to throw at LBJ outside of Cleveland. The 10-20 million or whatever he would lose over the course of the contract by not signing with Cleveland, would more than be made up by endoresments and business oppurunties afforded to him by being in the financial capital of the US. Or, the Nets could orchesrate a S&T that would be able to pay him that added money.

3. Even though Jay-Z is a minority owner (5-10%) this is still a major investment on Jay-Z's part. Jay-z has proven to be a winner and a good business man. LBJ coming to the Nets would ensure the Nets would be one of the highest grossing teams with Yi, VC and LBJ in the NYC market. Expect Jay-Z to try his hardest to sell him on the team.

4. NJ is one of the youngest teams in the league with alot more assest than what was listed. Barring no trades, they have the following under contract for 2010-2011.

Devin Harris
Vince Carter
?????????? / Ryan Anderson
Yi Jianlian / Sean Williams
Brook Lopez
+
2009 #1
2 2010 #1's
+
Cap Space
+
Potentially CDR, Boone, M.Williams

VC is a $17 million expirer that year which could be used in a S&T for LBJ or used to net other players.

I'll say it one more time.... Cleveland fans should have the mentality that their time to win the title is now, for the next two years, because I think the odds are greater they lose LBJ than they keep him.

1. Madison Square Garden trumps any 'new arena' the Cavs want to build. Where would LeBron rather play? Madison Square Garden or "The People's Bank Arena in Brooklyn"? Oh, and for the best city on earth and its team, thats the Knicks and will be associated with the Knicks anytime in the near future Lebron wants to come to New York.

2. Yeah, like you said, the Knicks will be the ones able to do that, more than any other team in the League, for endorsements. Yeah, and by far more than the Nets.

3. Jay-Z is worth only $300 and is 15% owner of the team. Even if he wanted to increase payroll, the Knicks can increase it more. This is a team (the Knicks) had a $200mil payroll, 2/3 of Jay-Z's net worth. Even if he could somehow swindle the Nets into having a payroll that high and him paying for it, he'd be broke in 1.5 years. Having Jay-Z owning your team means little, especially when he would be one of the POOREST owner in the League.

4. Ummm...okay? Yi, Harris and...uhhhh...? 35 year old Vince Carter? And draft picks? Wow, no one the league besides the Nets have those!