PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

Pages : [1] 2

DreamYaoTmac5
07-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Sun Fans believe Amare is better than both Dwight and Yao, so who do you guys believe is the better overall player today?

I say Dwight, better rebounder and defender which is more important than pure offense and instant offense, while Dwight is a good finisher himself.

usdmef9
07-05-2008, 09:53 PM
dwight

baseketball4life
07-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Amare

Zombles
07-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm a diehard Suns fan and I think Dwight is the better player. Bigger, stronger, more of a rebounding and defensive presence.

Amare is the better scorer, by a lot and probably always will be, and he's a good defender/rebounder, gets way too much hate for both, but he just doesn't dominate a game through rebounding and defense like Dwight does.

Clippers4Lyfe
07-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Right now, Amare but with his injury concerns I would take Dwight long term.

Both of them are better than Yao though and I would take both of them over Yao in the future.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-05-2008, 10:11 PM
Right now, Amare but with his injury concerns I would take Dwight long term.

Both of them are better than Yao though and I would take both of them over Yao in the future.
:lol hater alert in the bold.

plowking
07-05-2008, 10:14 PM

Hardly, can he even stay healthy for one playoffs series?

yeesterbunny
07-05-2008, 10:15 PM
shawn bradley's the best!

statman32
07-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Hater for speaking the truth? :roll:

knickballer
07-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Howard > Yao>>>>>> Amare

Howard is a beast, 20/12/3block type of player. Dominates the game

Yao, has the best offensive game of the three. Mid range, Height, Post up, etc

Amare- is good but overrated. He plays with Nash who makes everyone look 2x better offensively. Has injury concerns and has no mid-range jumpshot.

Jimmy2k8
07-05-2008, 10:36 PM
um.......Dwight Howard...but its not that far from me taking Amare.

I'd defintely take both of them over Yao.

3stat2
07-05-2008, 10:39 PM
<more bs>
My goodness, you're still running around with this same agenda? You can't seem to accept the fact that people will have different opinions to yours. No matter what crap you spout in an internet forum, it won't change how good the players are in real life.

statman32
07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Howard > Yao>>>>>> Amare

Howard is a beast, 20/12/3block type of player. Dominates the game

Yao, has the best offensive game of the three. Mid range, Height, Post up, etc

Amare- is good but overrated. He plays with Nash who makes everyone look 2x better offensively. Has injury concerns and has no mid-range jumpshot.
1. Dwight has never averaged 3 blocks a game and actually him and Amare both averaged 2.1 bpg this year.

2. Somehow Dwight dominates games but Amare doesnt? I guess thats why Amare was tied for 2nd with Lebron in win shares this year while Dwight was in 6th?

3. You bring up injury concerns for Amare but dont include that for Yao?

4. Amare might have the best mid-range shot of the three. Yao is a better free throw shooter but in game, Amare shot better than Yao on jumpers this year.

5. Amare put up 25/10 in the 2nd half of his 2nd season with a rookie Barbosa as his starting pg. Sure Nash helps to make him more efficent but he would also get more chances to score if it werent for Dantonis system.

Interminator
07-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Are you serious?

Am I the only person who paid attention while Amare averaged 25/9/2 last season?

Am I the only person who paid attention while Amare averaged 29/10/2 in the final 2 months of the season?

Amare>Dwight>Yao

LutherHeadJob
07-05-2008, 10:46 PM
:roll: @ all the Yao haters, Yao is a ching get over it, i know most of you Americans are racists but this is hilarious. This thread isn't even about Yao. And by the way if Houston still had JVG as a coach Yao would easily average 25+.

Amare > Dwight

statman32
07-05-2008, 10:48 PM
:roll: @ all the Yao haters, Yao is a ching get over it, i know most of you Americans are racists but this is hilarious. This thread isn't even about Yao.

Amare > Dwight
No one hates Yao. I actually love watching him play. Its just that the op is such a agenda driven fan boy that people get annoyed and some anti-yao comments might be said.

WildStyle
07-05-2008, 11:06 PM
1. Dwight has never averaged 3 blocks a game and actually him and Amare both averaged 2.1 bpg this year.

Dwight's block numbers are decieving. The intimidation of a long armed 6'11 jumping jack stops guys from going at him. And when they do they will often throw up ugly rainbow floaters that have no chance of going in. One has to only look at the first round series against the Raptors to see Dwight's shot blocking ability. They went at him and he sent them back every time.

statman32
07-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Dwight's block numbers are decieving. The intimidation of a long armed 6'11 jumping jack stops guys from going at him. And when they do they will often throw up ugly rainbow floaters that have no chance of going in. One has to only look at the first round series against the Raptors to see Dwight's shot blocking ability. They went at him and he sent them back every time.
Oh yes great example considering the Raptors are one of the softest/unaggressive teams in the league. :applause:

Jimmy2k8
07-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Oh yes great example considering the Raptors are one of the softest/unaggressive teams in the league. :applause:

:roll: "Great Example"

U got Served
07-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Howard is way better than Amare just for the simple reason that he can work down in the low block unlike Amare who takes jumpshots and when he's in the paint he's just fininishg off of Nash. Just for the record: Yao is better than Howard and Amare.

statman32
07-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Howard is way better than Amare just for the simple reason that he can work down in the low block unlike Amare who takes jumpshots and when he's in the paint he's just fininishg off of Nash. Just for the record: Yao is better than Howard and Amare.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KX-6K0E4oi8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GYWYwPfJi20
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KjUD-zfk-LE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSwnnDRlzw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cHYckm1bn5g&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=quo8CTGkX4Q

Not to mention what he did b4 Nash got to Phx.

Keep on posting uneducated garbage.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-05-2008, 11:44 PM
hahaha statman32 torched knickballer and U got Served.

:roll:

WildStyle
07-05-2008, 11:55 PM

What's that got to do with anything? The point is they went at him and WERE aggressive in that series and he sent them back time and time again. This happens to ANY team when they take it to him.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Clear as day..... Stats don't lie. Amare has him beat in every catagory except for boards.... Thats because Amare has been playing with 1 of the best rebounder's in the game (Marion) Amare will step up his board game this year. And as far as Howard being a better defender how so? He is a better rebounder but defender? I see him giving up just as many points against opponents. Amare overall is a better player if you can't see that then you're insane. lol just try to dispute these numbers.:pimp:

Amare

25.2 pts
9.1 rebs
2.1 blks
1.5 asts
2.2 tos
59% fg
80% ft

D.Howard

20.7 pts
14.2 rebs
2.1 blks
1.3 asts
3.2 tos
59% fg
59% ft

DreamYaoTmac5
07-05-2008, 11:59 PM
Clear as day..... Stats don't lie. Amare has him beat in every catagory except for boards.... Thats because Amare has been playing with 1 of the best rebounder's in the game (Marion) Amare will step up his board game this year. And as far as Howard being a better defender how so? He is a better rebounder but defender? I see him giving up just as many points against opponents. Amare overall is a better player if you can't see that then you're insane. lol just try to dispute these numbers.:pimp:

Amare

25.2 pts
9.1 rebs
2.1 blks
1.5 asts
2.2 tos
59% fg
80% ft

D.Howard

20.7 pts
14.2 rebs
2.1 blks
1.3 asts
3.2 tos
59% fg
59% ft
actually if you look closer at the blocks, Dwight has more.

doinitbig06
07-06-2008, 12:01 AM

i cant believe someone accused folks of being racist against Yao, lol however, HE IS CHINESE which means he is still WEAK in upperbody strength and in movement, yao has no power in his game, he is all finesse, yes he avg.ed 25 ppg once, but ,how is a guy who is 7'6 barely averaging 10 rpg, and lil dwight howard at barely 6'11 (ive met the guy) leading the league at 14.5 rpg with 21.1 ppg. also, Howard is 22 NOW, when yao was 22 as a rookie, he only avged 13 ppg 6 rpg. ROOKIE dwight howard is a better center than yao, how many and-1's has yao made in his career? 3? an and 1 play really shows a players strength to finish dispite being fouled, of course, and amare stoudamire is leading the league in those every season, i believe he was only second to lebron james

amare stoudamire was the rightful rookie of the year in the supposed 'yao' draft and he has been better than yao in every season since, yao has never even averaged 2.1 blocks per game, he has never even averaged 10.9 rebounds, the only reason yao gets his 20+ points is because he shoots 85% Free Throws, which is the best out of all centers, but thats all he's good for

no seriously tho, can u even use the word DOMINATE and yao in the same sentence? has he ever been shown to DOMINATE a game? has he ever has a 20 pts 20 rbs game? this is the biggest, tallest guy in the league and all he does it shoot fadeaway turnaround jumpshots and baseline jumpers, even his dunking is weak

amare>>>>yao
dwight>>>>yao

but in reference to dwight vs amare, which is a worthy discussion, i would have to say amare stoudamire is a better all around player. better shooter, FT getter, shooter, slasher, even his back-to-the-basket is a lil more creative than young dwight, but amare will probably never be the great rebounding center dwight is, dwight is a great-great center, amare is a great power forward, certainly not the best, i lost alot of belief in amare after the 08 playoffs, however

amare (just slightly) > dwight

omarnyc
07-06-2008, 12:02 AM

sometimes i wonder if people who make those kinda comments about amare ever watch him play, dude can get what ever he want on offense
amare>>>>>>>>>dwight

3stat2
07-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Amare will step up his board game this year.
I'm not sure about that, because his role is often to get out on the break while Shaq cleans up the board and throws the outlet. The simple fact that he's told to run out on the break (because he's the team's best finisher) means he's not going to stay around for the defensive rebounds.

So because of that, I don't think his rebound numbers will go up that much.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:04 AM
i cant believe someone accused folks of being racist against Yao, lol however, HE IS CHINESE which means he is still WEAK in upperbody strength and in movement, yao has no power in his game, he is all finesse, yes he avg.ed 25 ppg once, but ,how is a guy who is 7'6 barely averaging 10 rpg, and lil dwight howard at barely 6'11 (ive met the guy) leading the league at 14.5 rpg with 21.1 ppg. also, Howard is 22 NOW, when yao was 22 as a rookie, he only avged 13 ppg 6 rpg. ROOKIE dwight howard is a better center than yao, how many and-1's has yao made in his career? 3? an and 1 play really shows a players strength to finish dispite being fouled, of course, and amare stoudamire is leading the league in those every season, i believe he was only second to lebron james

amare stoudamire was the rightful rookie of the year in the supposed 'yao' draft and he has been better than yao in every season since, yao has never even averaged 2.1 blocks per game, he has never even averaged 10.9 rebounds, the only reason yao gets his 20+ points is because he shoots 85% Free Throws, which is the best out of all centers, but thats all he's good for

no seriously tho, can u even use the word DOMINATE and yao in the same sentence? has he ever been shown to DOMINATE a game? has he ever has a 20 pts 20 rbs game? this is the biggest, tallest guy in the league and all he does it shoot fadeaway turnaround jumpshots and baseline jumpers, even his dunking is weak

amare>>>>yao
dwight>>>>yao

but in reference to dwight vs amare, which is a worthy discussion, i would have to say amare stoudamire is a better all around player. better shooter, FT getter, shooter, slasher, even his back-to-the-basket is a lil more creative than young dwight, but amare will probably never be the great rebounding center dwight is, dwight is a great-great center, amare is a great power forward, certainly not the best, i lost alot of belief in amare after the 08 playoffs, however

amare (just slightly) > dwight
Nice opinions there buddy, but we are looking for hard facts, and you are wrong about Yao and this is not about Yao dink.

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:09 AM
What's that got to do with anything? The point is they went at him and WERE aggressive in that series and he sent them back time and time again. This happens to ANY team when they take it to him.
I guess thats why he averages 2.1 bpg then. :rolleyes:

**** if Toronto was playing overly aggressive they dont have the guys to play that way. They shoot the least amount of free throws a game in the league.

This doesnt happen to any team that takes it to him FYI. Plenty of teams have went at him and either got him in foul trouble or got to the line a lot.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 12:15 AM
actually if you look closer at the blocks, Dwight has more.a few more blocks... he also played in more games, percentage is the same. Thats basically a wash on that statistic. I looking at the biggest disparity among stats.... Points, turnovers, ft's and rebounds.

defensively they are similar.... actually pretty close as head to head competition goes. Howard is by far a better rebounder but as an overall defensive presence they are similar... I do give the edge to Howard. As far as offense is concerned it is one sided Amare owns him in every stat. easily. haha Amare has way more post moves, better mid range jumper better ball handling skills better shooter than Dwight. They foul Amare so much because they can't stop him down low in the post.... They foul Dwight because he can't hit a damn free throw.... dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:17 AM
a few more blocks... he also played in more games, percentage is the same. Thats basically a wash on that statistic. I looking at the biggest disparity among stats.... Points, turnovers, ft's and rebounds.

defensively they are similar.... actually pretty close as head to head competition goes. Howard is by far a better rebounder but as an overall defensive presence they are similar... I do give the edge to Howard. As far as offense is concerned it is one sided Amare owns him in every stat. easily. haha Amare has way more post moves, better mid range jumper better ball handling skills better shooter than Dwight. They foul Amare so much because they can't stop him down low in the post.... They foul Dwight because he can't hit a damn free throw.... dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.
If that's the way you feel then who is the best between yao, Amare and Dwight?

I think Yao > Dwight > Amare, I believed Amare was better last season than Dwight, but I think Dwight emerged this season by a lot.

doinitbig06
07-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Nice opinions there buddy, but we are looking for hard facts, and you are wrong about Yao and this is not about Yao dink.

i guess ur just not a good reader then, cuz i backed up my opinions with facts all thru that message. i know i might have hurt ur feelings cuz yao is weak and keeps getting injured but he has yet to prove anyone anything different. oh well, maybe next year

btw Josh Smith got his career high 22 rebounds (18 points) against yao and the rockets, nuff said

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm not sure about that, because his role is often to get out on the break while Shaq cleans up the board and throws the outlet. The simple fact that he's told to run out on the break (because he's the team's best finisher) means he's not going to stay around for the defensive rebounds.

So because of that, I don't think his rebound numbers will go up that much.Porter runs a different offense than Dantoni.... so keep that in consideration. Shaq isn't going to be on the court much. I guarantee you Amare's rebounds are somewhere in the 10.7-11.6 range this next season.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:20 AM
i guess ur just not a good reader then, cuz i backed up my opinions with facts all thru that message. i know i might have hurt ur feelings cuz yao is weak and keeps getting injured but he has yet to prove anyone anything different. oh well, maybe next year

btw Josh Smith got his career high 22 rebounds (18 points) against yao and the rockets, nuff said
If Yao is so weak, why is it that when Dwight tries to back-down and overpower Yao he fails too?
hmm?
Why is it that Dwight gets owned head to head by Yao just like Amare?

You are wrong in every way possible kid.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 12:22 AM

I think Yao > Dwight > Amare, I believed Amare was better last season than Dwight, but I think Dwight emerged this season by a lot.Overall game.... Amare. I think Amare is also more entertaining to watch and all, but overall Yao is a very good player

If only Yao had some hops.

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:23 AM
dude is a liability on the offense when the game is in crunch time.
Funny you bring that up. Lets look at there "clutch stats" per 48 min:
(4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left,
neither team ahead by more than 5 points)

Amare: 39.8 points
Dwight: 13.8 points

Amare: 50% fg
Dwight: 43.8 fg%

Amare: 20.9 fta
Dwight: 13.1 fta

:pimp:

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:24 AM
If Yao is so weak, why is it that when Dwight tries to back-down and overpower Yao he fails too?
hmm?

How exactly does Yao own Amare head to head?

Post the stats.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I think everyone knows that Amare dominates the offensive end, but I think many many people are ignoring are the intangibles and the things that big men usually need to do to in order to win championships

That is

Rebounding and Defense.

Here are the list of great big men who were great in those 2 categories

KG
Kareem
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Bill Walton

Seriously, I can go on for days.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:26 AM
How exactly does Yao own Amare head to head?

Post the stats.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=stoudam01&p2=mingya01

Amare averages more PPG and that's about it.
Everything else Yao owns him in.

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:26 AM

I think Yao > Dwight > Amare, I believed Amare was better last season than Dwight, but I think Dwight emerged this season by a lot.
If you think Amare was better than Dwight last season then why did you say this.

I say Dwight, better rebounder and defender which is more important than pure offense and instant offense, while Dwight is a good finisher himself.

Since Amare was better last season according to you and the year before, how exactly is Dwight better?

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:28 AM
If you think Amare was better than Dwight last season then why did you say this.

Since Amare was better last season according to you and the year before, how exactly is Dwight better?
He emerged on his shot blocking ability and somewhat on his scoring ability.

doinitbig06
07-06-2008, 12:29 AM
hmm?

looks like the yao rockets and amare suns only met once in the 07-08 season and what happened?

yao 12 pts (4/17 FGs 4/6 FTs) 6 rbs 0 blks
amare 21 pts (8/8 FGs 5/6 FTs) 13 rbs 2 blks

suns win 115-105

hows that for facts fool?

LutherHeadJob
07-06-2008, 12:29 AM
Yea Yao is so weak, i guess that is why when ever Houston plays Orlando they always double team Yao while Yao defends Dwight one on one.

Oh and Yao still beat Dwight in their contests, Dwight has not even beat Yao once.

And man some of you blokes are ISH are stupid, J.Smith had a career high in rebounds against the Rockets, who cares? Kwame has over 10 points against Duncan, does that mean Duncan is a bad defender.

What does being tall have to do with rebounding? Do you rebound with your head?

Retards.

And YES Yao had a 20/20 against Phoneix you moron, oh and a 37/17/7 blocks.

Cretin.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
looks like the yao rockets and amare suns only met once in the 07-08 season and what happened?

yao 12 pts (4/17 FGs 4/6 FTs) 6 rbs 0 blks
amare 21 pts (8/8 FGs 5/6 FTs) 13 rbs 2 blks

suns win 115-105

hows that for facts fool?
Look at it career wise ::eek:

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=stoudam01&p2=mingya01

Everything else Yao owns him in.
More ppg
More free throws
More steals

While Yao has

better fg%
.09 rebounding advantage
more blocks
less turnovers

Considering all the stats besides fg% and fta are close I dont see how anyone owned anyone.

Not to mention the fact that they dont play the same position and the Suns have had no true center playing against Yao.

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:34 AM
He emerged on his shot blocking ability and somewhat on his scoring ability.
:wtf:

So youve watched him improve those skills this summer because you said Amare was the better player last season and there is no other explaination.

You said this last season

Amare>Dwight

But somehow Dwight moved ahead of him this summer by playing in 0 games? :roll:

DreamYaoTmac5
More ppg
More free throws
More steals

While Yao has

better fg%
.09 rebounding advantage
more blocks
less turnovers

Considering all the stats besides fg% and fta are close I dont see how anyone owned anyone.

Not to mention the fact that they dont play the same position and the Suns have had no true center playing against Yao.
Steals? How is that even irrlevant to the topic?

More Free throws, yeah, but who made them better?

DOUBLE DRIBBLE

Everything else Yao owns him in.I don't know about owning him in everything else. Looks like Amare has him in steals. Besides they were not going h2h in all these games. He got most his numbers off of Kurt or what ever clown they had draped on Yao.

LutherHeadJob
More ppg
More free throws
More steals

While Yao has

better fg%
.09 rebounding advantage
more blocks
less turnovers

Yep they have been pretty even against each other, both have no problems scoring on the other guy.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
:wtf:

So youve watched him improve those skills this summer because you said Amare was the better player last season and there is no other explaination.

You said this last season

Amare>Dwight

But somehow Dwight moved ahead of him this summer by playing in 0 games? :roll:
I guess i didn't make myself too clear

06-07
Amare > Dwight
07-08
Dwight > Amare

LutherHeadJob
07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
I don't know about owning him in everything else. Looks like Amare has him in steals. Besides they were going h2h in all these games. He got most his numbers off of Kurt or what ever clown they had draped on Yao.

Yea and Amare scored most of his points on Chuck Hayes ::rolleyes:

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 12:36 AM

More Free throws, yeah, but who made them better?Why wouldn't it be?

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:37 AM

More Free throws, yeah, but who made them better?
Its relevant because Amare had 1.3 spg which is good for a big man and it shows that he made the other team commit a turnover.

BrentISballin
Amare, cause he can actually handle the ball for his size, has a pretty solid jumper and isnt afraid to throw down on anybody ( not that dwight isnt) . I havnt seen too much of howard this past season cause orlando wasnt really on tv too much, but I did watch all the suns game and amare has gotten really impressive. I'm anxious to see what hes gonna do this year

statman32
I guess i didn't make myself too clear

06-07
Amare > Dwight
07-08
Dwight > Amare
So last season according to you = the 06-07 season?

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Yea and Amare scored most of his points on Chuck Hayes ::rolleyes:No actually he did score alot of his buckets on Yao. Yao always tried to clog the lane. Yao was always under or near the basket when Amare scoring.

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Yep they have been pretty even against each other, both have no problems scoring on the other guy.
:applause:

Agree. Stats are pretty much identical.

fiad06
07-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Arguing like *****es.

doinitbig06
07-06-2008, 12:39 AM
yao is weak
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kt5pOPn_0Ik

statman32
07-06-2008, 12:40 AM
No actually he did score alot of his buckets on Yao. Yao always tried to clog the lane. Yao was always under or near the basket when Amare scoring.
Eh they both scored about the same on each other. Both never really guarded the other one 1 on 1. Both players had help because of the size advantage Yao has on offense and becuase of the speed advantage Amare has on offense.

statman32
Arguing like *****es.
Great comment. Really adds to the discussion.

LutherHeadJob
Why is this topic still alive?

Amare has great post moves, a mid-range, makes his freethrows.
Dwight dunks and has what one post move?

Amare is a smarter offensive player. Dwight is slightly better defensively.
Amare has Shaq grabbing boards, Dwight has Rashard Lewis who pretends his a PF.

Amare every day of the week.

LutherHeadJob
07-06-2008, 12:41 AM
yao is weak

And that is why you probably make under 600 dollars yearly.

Moron.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 12:42 AM
yao is weak
I hope you realize Pat Ewing got blocked by Muggsy Bogues, and calling Pat Ewing weak is not very intelligent.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 12:43 AM
lol how many Amare vs Dwight threads are there? 20? I am tired of these....lets compare Yao against Amare for like the 15 time.

doinitbig06
07-06-2008, 12:43 AM
And that is why you probably make under 600 dollars yearly.

Moron.

:roll: i thought we were talking bout basketball? u dont want to get into finances young man, my car alone will eat your life alive, id have ur girl giving me lutherHeadJob ni99a :roll:

Loki
07-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Easily Howard.

fiad06
07-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Great comment. Really adds to the discussion.

Thanks, Rep me?! Please, ill download you something..

get a life.

LutherHeadJob
No actually he did score alot of his buckets on Yao. Yao always tried to clog the lane. Yao was always under or near the basket when Amare scoring.

The things is you can't prove that, you are only saying that to make it seem Yao has inflated stats against Amare. I can't prove Chuck got scored on by Amare a lot because i don't remember the games but you also can't prove Yao did most of his scoring on someone else, so keep that **** to yourself and deal with evidence instead of bull****.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Eh they both scored about the same on each other. Both never really guarded the other one 1 on 1. Both players had help because of the size advantage Yao has on offense and becuase of the speed advantage Amare has on offense.No defensively Amare was always drawn away from the basket... Yao scored a lot of his buckets when Amare was no where in the vicinity. Go back and look at tape of their games. Yao would rarely ever get drawn away from the basket on defense he would just lay off his man and stay around the rim.

LutherHeadJob
07-06-2008, 12:47 AM
:roll: i thought we were talking bout basketball? u dont want to get into finances young man, my car alone will eat your life alive, id have ur girl giving me lutherHeadJob ni99a :roll:

My girl don't like 1 inch penises, sorry.

Is Iggy a bad dunker because Nate beat him in the dunking contest? Your logic = Iggy can't jump.

Please try and make more sense mate, your car will eat my life alive?

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 12:51 AM
The things is you can't prove that, you are only saying that to make it seem Yao has inflated stats against Amare. I can't prove Chuck got scored on by Amare a lot because i don't remember the games but you also can't prove Yao did most of his scoring on someone else, so keep that **** to yourself and deal with evidence instead of bull****.There are tapes of these games... I suggest you watch them and tell me what you think. Here better yet go to youtube and show me any highlight of yao vs the suns and show me where Amare is at? Now there is plenty of footage showing Amare posterizing Yao.

Let me conclude by saying Yao always yes always plays near the basking hardly ever getting drawn away by his man.... And Amare often at times comes out to play his man. haha I can't keep track of how many times Kurt Thomas was wide open taking a 16ft jumper. Yao never came out to guard him.

LutherHeadJob
07-06-2008, 12:54 AM
There are tapes of these games... I suggest you watch them and tell me what you think. Here better yet go to youtube and show me any highlight of yao vs the suns and show me where Amare is at? Now there is plenty of footage showing Amare posterizing Yao.

Let me conclude by saying Yao always yes always plays near the basking hardly ever getting drawn away by his man.... And Amare often at times comes out to play his man. haha I can't keep track of how many times Kurt Thomas was wide open taking a 16ft jumper. Yao never came out to guard him.

Well, Amare seems to be on the bench because of foul trouble.

Hm, because a dunk is worth more than a fade away. Oh wait.
It is on youtube because dunks are more exciting than fade aways.

Ok, so Kurt Thomas is relevant in a Yao vs Amare discussion in a Dwight Vs Amare thread.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 12:59 AM

Ok, so Kurt Thomas is relevant in a Yao vs Amare discussion in a Dwight Vs Amare thread.You are the one bringing up Yao first.... whats irrelevant with Thomas is Thomas is the one guarding Yao. They play the same position. Show me where Yao is busting fade aways on Amare..... Show me anytime Yao is scoring on amare. I can show you a hand full of time where Amare is scoring on Yao.... even in the same game.

doinitbig06
07-06-2008, 12:59 AM
My girl don't like 1 inch penises, sorry.

Is Iggy a bad dunker because Nate beat him in the dunking contest? Your logic = Iggy can't jump.

Please try and make more sense mate, your car will eat my life alive?

this is it, i just must say this to end this, let's get back to basketball.
because u dont seem to understand simple american logic
"my car will eat your life alive" means the value of my vehicle is more than your entire life, sir, i mean honestly i only got a 08 f-150 on 26 inch rims, so your parents home may be worth a little more than the 90k my vehicle is worth, however, i am not only an american, im a NI99ER
so your "1 inch *****" theory just doesn't compute at all to me, that just must be u and your people in your country

anyway, Al Horford is better than Yao Ming so there

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 01:01 AM

Ok, so Kurt Thomas is relevant in a Yao vs Amare discussion in a Dwight Vs Amare thread.Score is a score fool.... actually taking a higher percentage shot like say a dunk for example would be the wiser thing to do. Do you have access to NBA games down under?

statman32
07-06-2008, 01:03 AM
i mean honestly i only got a 08 f-150 on 26 inch rims, so your parents home may be worth a little more than the 90k my vehicle is worth,
What kind of 08 f150 costs 90k. :roll:

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Ok, so Kurt Thomas is relevant in a Yao vs Amare discussion in a Dwight Vs Amare thread.And then you state your woman doesn't like 1 inch penises in a thread discussing bball players??:roll: Having some trouble pleasing her?:oldlol:

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 01:06 AM
What kind of 08 f150 costs 90k. :roll:Them rims must be solid gold with diamonds in them.....probably got a NASA computer built into that bltch with it's own satellite dish.

Trax416
07-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Amare is more of a PF and it's stupid to compare them.

Amare's average before Shaq wasn't as good as Dwights. It wasn't until they got Shaq and Amare could play PF that his stats went higher.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 01:08 AM

Amare's average before Shaq wasn't as good as Dwights. It wasn't until they got Shaq and Amare could play PF that his stats went higher.:roll: Can your break this down for me sir? Please explain.

statman32
07-06-2008, 01:10 AM

Amare's average before Shaq wasn't as good as Dwights. It wasn't until they got Shaq and Amare could play PF that his stats went higher.
So are we suppose to penelize Amare for having to play out of position before?

Not to mention the fact that he was still at 23.2ppg/9.3 rpg before the all-star break and that he has averaged 26/9 before.

fiad06
07-06-2008, 01:11 AM
90k...someone got walked at the dealer:roll:

Modifications don't add to the vehicles value FYI

statman32
07-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Them rims must be solid gold with diamonds in them.....probably got a NASA computer built into that bltch with it's own satellite dish.
:lol

My dad got a 07 ford f150 king ranch with upgraded rims/stereo system and a few other things and it only cost around 56k.

statman32
07-06-2008, 01:13 AM
Thanks, Rep me?! Please, ill download you something..

get a life.
Whats your problem? Did I hurt your feelings before? I guess me helping out fellowe ISHers is a bad thing? :rolleyes:

el_locoteee
07-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Well Amare is now a PF and should be compare to Duncan, KG etc. But I will said now Amare is better than DH.Is not black and white, and you can argue who is better for you. In my opinion I'll pick Amare, although DH is a superior rebounder and a little better defender. Is just depend what you looking for.

VCMVP1551
07-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Amare easily.

Dwight can't really create his own shot. Dwight is just a better rebounder and a slightly better rebounder.

Amare is a much better and more versatile scorer and a better passer. Not only does Amare shoot about the same % from the floor but he shoots 21% from the free throw line and he can make jumpers out to 20 feet, finish at the rim and he has shown some potential as far as footwork in the post lately(something Dwight hasn't).

Dwight's raw offensive game makes it much more likely he'll be stopped or shut down. Here are some of his games last season.

3-12 FG, 8 points vs Detroit in the playoffs
1-8 FG 4 points vs Cleveland
1-6 FG, 3 points vs Washington
2-9 FG, 8 points vs Detroit
4-10 FG, 9 points vs Portland

Amare did have a 3-11 game with just 7 points vs the Spurs and 2-10 game with 7 points vs the Lakers(2nd game of the season) but the only other time he failed to score double digits was a game he left in the third quarter.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Amare easily.

Dwight can't really create his own shot. Dwight is just a better rebounder and a slightly better rebounder.

Amare is a much better and more versatile scorer and a better passer. Not only does Amare shoot about the same % from the floor but he shoots 21% from the free throw line and he can make jumpers out to 20 feet, finish at the rim and he has shown some potential as far as footwork in the post lately(something Dwight hasn't).

Dwight's raw offensive game makes it much more likely he'll be stopped or shut down. Here are some of his games last season.

3-12 FG, 8 points vs Detroit in the playoffs
1-8 FG 4 points vs Cleveland
1-6 FG, 3 points vs Washington
2-9 FG, 8 points vs Detroit
4-10 FG, 9 points vs Portland

Amare did have a 3-11 game with just 7 points vs the Spurs and 2-10 game with 7 points vs the Lakers(2nd game of the season) but the only other time he failed to score double digits was a game he left in the third quarter.
I would say there passing is exactly the same, neither are great.

statman32
07-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Amare had 8 more assists and 11 less passing turnovers. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the fact that Amare improved his passing as the season went on.

VCMVP1551
07-06-2008, 01:20 AM

Amare is better, he doesn't rack up a lot of assists but I saw him make quite a few of nice passes last season. He isn't a great passer now but he's clearly better than Dwight in that area.

LutherHeadJob
07-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Yea and i drive a Rocket powered by 500 Mexicans.

fiad06
07-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Whats your problem? Did I hurt your feelings before? I guess me helping out fellowe ISHers is a bad thing? :rolleyes:

Oh yes, you hurt my feelings before....I lost sleep because of it, just like I lose sleep every night for not having enough rep points.

statman32
07-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Oh yes, you hurt my feelings before....I lost sleep because of it, just like I lose sleep every night for not having enough rep points.
Obviously I have because theres no other reason to act as immature as you have been acting in this thread.

fiad06
07-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Obviously I have because theres no other reason to act as immature as you have been acting in this thread.

lol are you serious? I'm the immature one? I'm not the one who gets my panties in a bunch because someone has a different opinion then me.

statman32
07-06-2008, 01:42 AM
lol are you serious? I'm the immature one? I'm not the one who gets my panties in a bunch because someone has a different opinion then me.
Examples of me getting my panties in a bunch? :rolleyes:

fiad06
07-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Examples of me getting my panties in a bunch? :rolleyes:

This whole thread, you cant stand somebody saying Yao or Dwight > Amare without jumping on them and bashing Dwight, you're just as bad as Poseidon. And almost as bad as the OP.

statman32
07-06-2008, 01:53 AM
This whole thread, you cant stand somebody saying Yao or Dwight > Amare without jumping on them and bashing Dwight, you're just as bad as Poseidon. And almost as bad as the OP.
Its called having a basketball discussion. Something you wouldnt know how to do.

Scott Pippen
07-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Amare > Dwight/Yao as a PF if he improve defense this summer but Dwight will end up as the best of all three players in 5 years:applause:

fiad06
07-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Its called having a basketball discussion. Something you wouldnt know how to do.

If thats what you call it then be it.

IMO, I don't think its a basketball discussion, you make it seem as if Amare was your husband or something. You take it to personal. Get off his nuts.

statman32
07-06-2008, 02:04 AM
If thats what you call it then be it.

IMO, I don't think its a basketball discussion, you make it seem as if Amare was your husband or something. You take it to personal. Get off his nuts.

So if you know a lot about a player and argue with people who say something wrong about them that = nut hugging? Relax kid. Looks like you are the once catching feelings about Dwight and instead of bringing up anything basketball related you have to resort to insults. :applause:

fiad06
07-06-2008, 02:12 AM

So if you know a lot about a player and argue with people who say something wrong about them that = nut hugging? Relax kid. Looks like you are the once catching feelings about Dwight and instead of bringing up anything basketball related you have to resort to insults. :applause:

Thats not what im saying. I am saying when someone says something like "Amare sucks" you get all offended.

I think you tried to insult me first btw.

statman32
07-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Thats not what im saying. I am saying when someone says something like "Amare sucks" you get all offended.

I think you tried to insult me first btw.
Why do you think I get offended? Because I respond with basketball related facts when someone says something like that?

Oh and you came into this thread with a non topic response and still havent made 1 basketball related post yet. :applause:

fiad06
07-06-2008, 02:24 AM
Why do you think I get offended? Because I respond with basketball related facts when someone says something like that?

Oh and you came into this thread with a non topic response and still havent made 1 basketball related post yet. :applause:

There really is nothing to talk about in this thread. There are like 10 of these threads each week on ISH and the same **** is posted. If I attempted to make a basketball related post on this topic I would waste my time. Because when it comes to discussion about Amare,Yao,Dwight it is hard to have a civil disscussion.

Hater for speaking the truth?

statman32
07-06-2008, 02:28 AM
There really is nothing to talk about in this thread. There are like 10 of these threads each week on ISH and the same **** is posted. If I attempted to make a basketball related post on this topic I would waste my time. Because when it comes to discussion about Amare,Yao,Dwight it is hard to have a civil disscussion.

Good job quoting one post that had basketball related info in it and the only one responding to a troll that called someone a hater. Def shows me being getting offended. :applause:

mmsupra
07-06-2008, 02:33 AM
I love them both ,both are 2 of my favorites in the league ... I wish Dwight had Amare's offense and Amare had Dwights D. :D

lakerfreak
07-06-2008, 02:34 AM
Dwight is a better defender, but is not nearly as talented as amare, who by the way is a very underrated defender. Amare can run faster too.

Amare > Dwight

fiad06
07-06-2008, 02:42 AM

Good job quoting one post that had basketball related info in it and the only one responding to a troll that called someone a hater. Def shows me being getting offended. :applause:

I was talking about how hard it was to have civil discussions in these threads, kid. :)

ShowTime LA
07-06-2008, 02:49 AM
Dwight > Amare >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yao

LutherHeadJob
07-06-2008, 02:58 AM
I was talking about how hard it was to have civil discussions in these threads, kid. :)

I would love to see a thread without

* Yao is 7'6 he should be dominating
* Yao is 7'6 he should be averaging 12+ boards ( You don't rebound with your blooody head!)
* Yao got blocked by Nate, his soft
* Yao is soft, he can't dunk

But folks on ISH are too stupid and even if they don't admit it some of them hate on Yao because he is asian.

I don't get this, maybe its because i follow Houston, maybe its because i live in Australia where it is multicultural and racism is frowned upon. :confusedshrug:

Know any Basketball forums where you can get a intelligent discussion?

highwhey
07-06-2008, 03:10 AM
Too many people are on the Dwight bandwagon. The guy is a talented big man, but not nearly as talented as Amare. If you actually watch Amare play in all his regular season games you'll see he's more athletic. He has more post moves, better footwork, more speed, more agility, higher vertical, higher basketball IQ, better finisher(2nd in the nba under Lebron), excellent from the FT line(80%), decent rebounder, etc. Who cares if Dwight averages 4 more rebounds, do these rebounds make up for the advantage that Amare has on him?

Plus, It's not Amare's fault that his previous coach preferred to grossly overplay Diaw and have Amare sit because he had 2 fouls(what D'antoni considered foul trouble even in 4th quarter). Fact is DreamYaoTmac5 is a troll and Amare is the overall better basketball player than Dwight.

:rolleyes:

statman32
07-06-2008, 03:42 AM
Too many people are on the Dwight bandwagon. The guy is a talented big man, but not nearly as talented as Amare. If you actually watch Amare play in all his regular season games you'll see he's more athletic. He has more post moves, better footwork, more speed, more agility, higher vertical, higher basketball IQ, better finisher(2nd in the nba under Lebron), excellent from the FT line(80%), decent rebounder, etc. Who cares if Dwight averages 4 more rebounds, do these rebounds make up for the advantage that Amare has on him?

:confusedshrug:

Pretty sure Amare had the most "and 1's" last seaosn by a good margin.

Koop1
07-06-2008, 03:47 AM
Amare
I would also take Yao Over Dwight

lakerfreak
07-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Amare
I would also take Yao Over Dwight

And I can see where you're coming from.

Here are the best bigs in the NBA right now:

Yao, Dwight, Amare, Duncan

And out of all those bigs, Dwight is the worst at scoring. Doesn't mean hes a bad scorer. Just not as good as the other guys.

I would take the others first because of offense

KeylessEntry
07-06-2008, 04:00 AM
I think I would take Amare right now, he is maybe a year out of his prime, and is just playing lights out offensively.

Long run Dwight. With 3 or 4 years of experience, he will be far more dominant than Amare is now.

I would rate them Amare > Dwight > Yao, just because Yao has not produced much in the past year, or won a playoff series.

qrich
07-06-2008, 04:40 AM
Dwight is better then Amare on defense easily, but the gap is much bigger offensively where Amare towers over Dwight, thus, making Amare the better overall player.

Amare > Dwight >> Yao.

WildStyle
07-06-2008, 06:40 AM
I guess thats why he averages 2.1 bpg then. :rolleyes:

**** if Toronto was playing overly aggressive they dont have the guys to play that way. They shoot the least amount of free throws a game in the league.

This doesnt happen to any team that takes it to him FYI. Plenty of teams have went at him and either got him in foul trouble or got to the line a lot.

Way to miss the point completely. The point is, Dwight makes teams scared to go into the lane. Period. I watch every Magic game. Amare doesn't have quite the same effect on opposing offenses.

Dwight wasn't in foul trouble that much last season. He's actually pretty good in that department.

Silverbullit
07-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Give me Amare before Dwight.

RoseCity07
07-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I think Amare is more talented but is this guy a choker or what? He seems to disappear at the moments when you are expecting a super star to dominate and take over the game.

Dwight seems like more of a center piece for a championship team than Amare. You can't compare the two, they play different positions.

statman32
07-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Way to miss the point completely. The point is, Dwight makes teams scared to go into the lane. Period. I watch every Magic game. Amare doesn't have quite the same effect on opposing offenses.

Dwight wasn't in foul trouble that much last season. He's actually pretty good in that department.
I'm not missing the point. You might have watched every Magic game but to suggest that his block numbers are misleading because he alters shots too is useless. Every shot blocker has that effect somewhat. I agree with you that Dwight is the better defender if thats what you are trying to say. Hes just not a great defender like some people want to label him.

Dwight wasnt in foul trouble much last season but he had the 5th most personal fouls? :rolleyes:

statman32
07-06-2008, 07:14 AM
I think Amare is more talented but is this guy a choker or what? He seems to disappear at the moments when you are expecting a super star to dominate and take over the game.

Dwight seems like more of a center piece for a championship team than Amare. You can't compare the two, they play different positions.
A choker because of a few games this season? :rolleyes:

Every player has games where they choke but Amares good clutch moments and great playoff performances outweigh all that. He is certainly the most proven playoff performer out of the three. (Yao/Dwight/Amare) Get at me when one of those guys averages something close to 37/9 or 26/10 against a legit playoff opponent.

WildStyle
07-06-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm not missing the point. You might have watched every Magic game but to suggest that his block numbers are misleading because he alters shots too is useless. Every shot blocker has that effect somewhat. I agree with you that Dwight is the better defender if thats what you are trying to say. Hes just not a great defender like some people want to label him.

Dwight wasnt in foul trouble much last season but he had the 5th most personal fouls? :rolleyes:

Not only does he alter shots. He stops teams from driving to the hole completely. I'd call him a very good defender. He's extremely close to becoming a great defender. He had some monster defensive games last season. Just needs to be more consistant. I'm thinking that will come with experience/maturity.

Amare averaged 3.7 fouls a game to Dwight's 3.3. A big man that plays 82 games and 38 mpg is going to be up there in the total foul rankings. I still stand by statement. He doesn't get in foul trouble all that much. About as much as expected for a big man.

statman32
07-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Not only does he alter shots. He stops teams from driving to the hole completely. I'd call him a very good defender. He's extremely close to becoming a great defender. He had some monster defensive games last season. Just needs to be more consistant. I'm thinking that will come with experience/maturity.

Amare averaged 3.7 fouls a game to Dwight's 3.3. A big man that plays 82 games and 38 mpg is going to be up there in the total foul rankings. I still stand by statement. He doesn't get in foul trouble all that much. About as much as expected for a big man.
Show examples of him stopping good teams from driving to the hole completely cause I have never seen that.. Hes not a very good defender or a great defender. Hes a above average defender. People just tend to overrate his defense because of his rebounding numbers.

Yes I know Amare averaged more fouls per game but that doesnt change the fact that Dwight gets into foul trouble. Yes big men get in foul trouble more often but to act like Dwight isnt one of the more foul prone big men is kinda ridiculous. I mean he averaged more fpg than he did last year and just about as much as he did in his 2nd season but now he doesnt get into foul trouble? Doesnt add up.

WildStyle
07-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Show examples of him stopping good teams from driving to the hole completely cause I have never seen that.. Hes not a very good defender or a great defender. Hes a above average defender. People just tend to overrate his defense because of his rebounding numbers.

Yes I know Amare averaged more fouls per game but that doesnt change the fact that Dwight gets into foul trouble. Yes big men get in foul trouble more often but to act like Dwight isnt one of the more foul prone big men is kinda ridiculous. I mean he averaged more fpg than he did last year and just about as much as he did in his 2nd season but now he doesnt get into foul trouble? Doesnt add up.
I'm not going to get into pedantics. Obviously not against every team and obviously not for the whole game. Dwight makes a lot of teams scared to drive the lane. It's a not that hard to believe fact. Would you want to take it at Dwight? Oh and trust me... he IS a very good defender. Above average? No, he's a lot better than just above average.

Where did I say that he doesn't get into foul trouble? Answer: I didn't. I merely said he doesn't get into foul trouble a lot which is true!

redhonda76
07-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Are you kidding me StatMan32? Amare defense is horrible. Not only that, he can score 30+ points but he disappears and his head is not in it on the final moments on the games. StatMan32 is a Amare-only Fan, don't you guys get it? STAT is where Amare named himself and 32 is his number. That's why he named himself that. Same goes for names like DreamYaoTmac5 who is Yao-only Fan. There is no use in arguing with Stat, even with Dwight becomes MVP, he would still say Amare is better...
When you hear Phoenix, what's the first player comes in your mind and most people will say Nash
When you hear Orlando, what's the first player comes in your mind and its Dwight.
Now that D'Antoni is out, there should be no excuse for Amare anymore for not getting him in the offense or being sub by Diaw. It'll be more defense and half-court oriented. Amare's name should be listed as MVP candiate instead of Nash every year. Amare, now that you are not in the Olympics, there is no excuse and not learning some post game instead of shooting jumpers and 3pters.

Dwight > Amare

Vendetta
07-06-2008, 08:56 AM

Pretty sure Amare had the most "and 1's" last seaosn by a good margin.

Are we including making the free throw?

I'd kinda bet my life that Dwight went to the line more times after completing a basket. Now... actually making that free throw is another story.

Vendetta
07-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Alright... again, not going to argue Dwight vs Amare overall because there's not going to be changing anyone's mind.

However, anyone who thinks that Amare is anywhere close to the rebounder that Dwight is, is smoking something ****ing strong. Dwight Howard might just go down as one of the best rebounders ever.

First of all, obviously, nobody gets their hands as high as he can. Secondly... his hands are like flypaper when going for a rebound. If he gets a hand on it, it's almost always going to stick. Oddly, this is not the case with catching passes. Moving on...

The Suns play a high tempo offense and Amare has yet to crack 10 per for a season. Dwight's rookie season was stronger than Amare's best on the glass. Yeah, yeah... Marion was on the team... but Phoenix also regularly gets out rebounded by their opponents and Orlando does not... despite the fact that Orlando basically had 1 big on the roster for the entire year (Dwight). And Phoenix games almost always end up with more total rebounds for both teams and certainly they average more per game along w/ their opposition than Orlando does because of the difference in pace. Yet despite this, Dwight blows him away.

Dwight works a lot and moves around quite a bit to get position for rebounds.

Amare is one of these guys that is concerned only with making highlight reels. Why do you think that their rebounding & defensive games are so different? Why do you think Amare works on 3 point shots? Just saying.

Vendetta
07-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Oh, one last thing...

Dwight vs Amare this year...

Game 1

Dwight - 33 pts, 18 rebs, 3 ast, 0 stl, 1 blk .542 fg% (13-24) 42 mins
Amare - 13 pts, 6 rebs, 1 ast, 0 stl, 1 blk .545 fg% (6-11) 25 mins

Game 2

Dwight - 30 pts, 23 rebs, 1 ast, 0 stl, 2 blk .684 fg% (13-19) 45 mins
Amare - 19 pts, 10 rebs, 0 ast, 0 stl, 2 blk .571 fg% (8-14) 32 mins

Hopefully Dwight does it again next year and settles it.

Unreal Skill
07-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Amare as right now. Dwight in maybe few more years.

EricForman
07-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Automatic 15 boards+interior defense over 25-28 ppg with poor defense anyday.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Automatic 15 boards+interior defense over 25-28 ppg with poor defense anyday.:oldlol: Explain to me how Amare has poor defense and D.Howard has such great defense? Please explain this to me... because it seems everyone is rehashing this same concept yet they haven't proved their theory. I mean dude has great interior defense then why is he averaging as many blocks as Amare only 2.1? When Amare played the center position he allowed his opponents just about the same amount of points that Howard does. I think you're just jumping on the Howard bandwaggon like most others..... I pretty sure you don't watch many Magic or Suns games.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Alright... again, not going to argue Dwight vs Amare overall because there's not going to be changing anyone's mind.

However, anyone who thinks that Amare is anywhere close to the rebounder that Dwight is, is smoking something ****ing strong. Dwight Howard might just go down as one of the best rebounders ever.

First of all, obviously, nobody gets their hands as high as he can. Secondly... his hands are like flypaper when going for a rebound. If he gets a hand on it, it's almost always going to stick. Oddly, this is not the case with catching passes. Moving on...

The Suns play a high tempo offense and Amare has yet to crack 10 per for a season. Dwight's rookie season was stronger than Amare's best on the glass. Yeah, yeah... Marion was on the team... but Phoenix also regularly gets out rebounded by their opponents and Orlando does not... despite the fact that Orlando basically had 1 big on the roster for the entire year (Dwight). And Phoenix games almost always end up with more total rebounds for both teams and certainly they average more per game along w/ their opposition than Orlando does because of the difference in pace. Yet despite this, Dwight blows him away.

Amare is one of these guys that is concerned only with making highlight reels. Why do you think that their rebounding & defensive games are so different? Why do you think Amare works on 3 point shots? Just saying.Yeah you said it right there.... The suns have a high tempo offense so it is obvious why they always get out rebounded.... and the Magic don't have a high tempo offense thus why they aren't being out rebounded as much as the Suns. Marion average 10 - 11 rebounds a game while playing all those years with Amare.... who is 2nd on the Magic in rebounding, and how many does he average?

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 09:59 AM
However, anyone who thinks that Amare is anywhere close to the rebounder that Dwight is, is smoking something ****ing strong. Dwight Howard might just go down as one of the best rebounders ever. GTFOH with that shlt....:oldlol: What are you 12yrs old.... you never heard of the Worm or Big Ben? Howard is nowhere in their league when it comes to crashing the boards. Howard is no where near the defensive player those 2 are either.

Amare is one of these guys that is concerned only with making highlight reels. Why do you think that their rebounding & defensive games are so different? Why do you think Amare works on 3 point shots? Just saying.Maybe D.Howard should be more concerned on working on his Free throw shot because dude is an embarrassment when it comes to free throws.:oldlol:

gpfanz
07-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I like Stoudamire mid range game

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
If you guys look up a definition of a big man, the main categories they will dominate or should dominate in is rebounding and defense, something Dwight dominates Amare in.

I don't think you need a pure scoring post guy as bad as you need a defensive rebounding post guy.

The_Yearning
07-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Offensively
Z-bo = Amare

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 01:17 PM
If you guys look up a definition of a big man, the main categories they will dominate or should dominate in is rebounding and defenseWhere am I supposed to look up this definition of what a big player is supposed to do at? Link? :confusedshrug:

Is this definiton at wikipedia or www.urbandictionary.com?

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Where am I supposed to look up this definition of what a big player is supposed to do at? Link? :confusedshrug:
Try taking a look at all the great big men that have won a championship, and list one of them that played as poor defense as Amare.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Try taking a look at all the great big men that have won a championship, and list one of them that played as poor defense as Amare.ok.....

Robert Parish

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Bill Laimbeer

These are the only ones that I can honestly speak on since I have watched them. I am sure there are more from the 70's, 60's and 50's.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 01:49 PM
ok.....

Robert Parish

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Bill Laimbeer

These are the only ones that I can honestly speak on since I have watched them. I am sure there are more from the 70's, 60's and 50's.
They had excellent defense, No idea what you are talking about.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 02:37 PM
They had excellent defense, No idea what you are talking about.You must have no idea about anything then.....

Kareem didn't play a lick of defense in those back to back titles in the late 80's.

Bill Laimbeer was never touted as a great defender... dirty player maybe. He never made any defensive teams. He isn't any better at defending then Amare.

Robert Parish same thing never touted as a great defender..... he was an offensive minded player, never made any defensive teams. Averaged 1.5 blks and 9.1 rebounds a game for a career.

yeaaaman
07-06-2008, 03:04 PM
you can debate about who has better skills and more offensive moves etc., but in this debate you have to finally base it on who is a game changer. Who is going to be the person a team can be anchored around, you center a team off of. Amare is by far more skilled on the offensive end, might be more fun to watch, but in terms of flat out domination and game changing, i believe dwight will be that player. Hes so young and so raw but he just has so much upside its scary, to me hes the type of player you win championships with. Amare might go down as the best scoring big man of his era, but in the end i believe dwight will be racking up MVP's and just flat out dominating the league for years to come.

Better player in the literal sense of more skills better stats or whatever i would give it to amare but the better player in terms of whos going to dominate and win championships clearly give that to dwight IMO.

and can someone explain to me why scoring the majority of your points off of dunks is a bad thing?

PlayBig
07-06-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=topSM5wacVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3S4OogR-wM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX5WlJDvv5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KMSYLaN6Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNu7vi657c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCC9JldRsNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd0eiuD9udI

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
you can debate about who has better skills and more offensive moves etc., but in this debate you have to finally base it on who is a game changer. Who is going to be the person a team can be anchored around, you center a team off of. Amare is by far more skilled on the offensive end, might be more fun to watch, but in terms of flat out domination and game changing, i believe dwight will be that player. Hes so young and so raw but he just has so much upside its scary, to me hes the type of player you win championships with. Amare might go down as the best scoring big man of his era, but in the end i believe dwight will be racking up MVP's and just flat out dominating the league for years to come.

Better player in the literal sense of more skills better stats or whatever i would give it to amare but the better player in terms of whos going to dominate and win championships clearly give that to dwight IMO.

and can someone explain to me why scoring the majority of your points off of dunks is a bad thing?We can also debate who the real game changer is...... I think statman32 already posted the facts who is the main man in crunch time...... but yeah I gotta go with Amare as a game changer cuz dude can drop 40 on any team any given night, and if that aint game changing then I don't know what is.

PlayBig
07-06-2008, 03:24 PM
StatMan32 is a Amare-fan only. Stat is what Amare called himself and he used to wore #32. Just like how some people named themselves VCMVP1551,Lebron23 and guess who they are a fan of?
Scoring 20+ points a game is useless when he doesnt have any impact on the game. He often disappears on crutial part of the game.

statman32
07-06-2008, 03:26 PM
StatMan32 is a Amare-fan only. Stat is what Amare called himself and he used to wore #32. Just like how some people named themselves VCMVP1551,Lebron23 and guess who they are a fan of?
Scoring 20+ points a game is useless when he doesnt have any impact on the game. He often disappears on crutial part of the game.
Yes all 12,000 posts I have made on here are about Amare. I havent followed the Suns since 93. :rolleyes:

Prove it that he OFTEN disappears during crucial parts of the games because Ive already proved hes better in the clutch than Dwight.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-06-2008, 03:33 PM
You must have no idea about anything then.....

Kareem didn't play a lick of defense in those back to back titles in the late 80's.

Bill Laimbeer was never touted as a great defender... dirty player maybe. He never made any defensive teams. He isn't any better at defending then Amare.

Robert Parish same thing never touted as a great defender..... he was an offensive minded player, never made any defensive teams. Averaged 1.5 blks and 9.1 rebounds a game for a career.
Kareem didn't play a lick of defense?
Please explain why he is 3rd in all time in blocked shots behind Mutombo and Hakeem, and not to mention Block shots weren't a stat until a few years in the league, So he is probably the all-time leader

You can't defend your boy Amare here.

U got Served
07-06-2008, 04:54 PM

seriously half of these videos Amare wasn't even creating his own shot. He got the ball at the END OF A PLAY outside the paint and then went by his defender to finish at the rim. nothing wrong with that. I said Amare did not have a post up game unlike Howard and you basically agreed by posting these videos in which Amare wasn't one on one working the paint he was finishing a play.

U got Served
07-06-2008, 05:00 PM
the only reason yao gets his 20+ points is because he shoots 85% Free Throws, which is the best out of all centers, but thats all he's good for

stupid comment, seriously. how can a guy average 20+ points a game because of his free throw shooting ability. and by the way if he gets sent to the line if because he got fouled, too bad if they can't guard him straight up and instead have to foul the guy. Jesus!!!!!!!

Vendetta
07-06-2008, 06:21 PM
GTFOH with that shlt....:oldlol: What are you 12yrs old.... you never heard of the Worm or Big Ben? Howard is nowhere in their league when it comes to crashing the boards.

You ****ing serious? Are you really that dumb?

I said one of the best, not the best.

The only guy that I've seen with my own two eyes that was better at getting rebounds was Dennis Rodman. That's it.

Ben Wallace isn't really a comparison. If you put those guys against each other, Dwight would have destroyed prime Wallace. Rodman... probably not.

supraman
07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
this is it, i just must say this to end this, let's get back to basketball.
because u dont seem to understand simple american logic
"my car will eat your life alive" means the value of my vehicle is more than your entire life, sir, i mean honestly i only got a 08 f-150 on 26 inch rims, so your parents home may be worth a little more than the 90k my vehicle is worth, however, i am not only an american, im a NI99ER
so your "1 inch *****" theory just doesn't compute at all to me, that just must be u and your people in your country

anyway, Al Horford is better than Yao Ming so there

Here is solid proof that doinitbig06 is completely clueless about basketball.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-06-2008, 11:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=topSM5wacVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3S4OogR-wM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX5WlJDvv5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KMSYLaN6Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycNu7vi657c&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCC9JldRsNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd0eiuD9udI

It is funny when these no name trolls get all pvssy hurt and spend all day lookin for vagisil. hahaha Dude goes and creates a new username just to post these videos and hate on Amare. Pretty pathetic.... probably the same d0uchebag I was owning in this thread that made this account.:oldlol:

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Kareem didn't play a lick of defense?
Please explain why he is 3rd in all time in blocked shots behind Mutombo and Hakeem, and not to mention Block shots weren't a stat until a few years in the league, So he is probably the all-time leader

You can't defend your boy Amare here.lol you don't comprehend very well do you? I said "Kareem didn't play a lick of defense in those back to back titles in the late 80's". I said that in response to you asking me to name a great big guy that one a title and played worse defense than Amare. Now He barely averaged 1 block in those title years.... furthermore I watched those games live, I know you didn't watch them.... you probably weren't even born yet. lol You are just relying on your computer to look up stats to try and argue. Well the stats don't lie kid.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 12:38 AM
lol you don't comprehend very well do you? I said "Kareem didn't play a lick of defense in those back to back titles in the late 80's". I said that in response to you asking me to name a great big guy that one a title and played worse defense than Amare. Now He barely averaged 1 block in those title years.... furthermore I watched those games live, I know you didn't watch them.... you probably weren't even born yet. lol You are just relying on your computer to look up stats to try and argue. Well the stats don't lie kid.
It might help looking at the game. :banana:

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-07-2008, 12:46 AM
It might help looking at the game. :banana:Do you like getting clowned? You getting made a fool of everywhere, by everybody. Better go log into your other account.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Do you like getting clowned? You getting made a fool of everywhere, by everybody. Better go log into your other account.
How because you say so? :oldlol:

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-07-2008, 12:53 AM
How because you say so? :oldlol:Hahaha that why I made you delete that thread yesterday. I roasted you and your other username....

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Hahaha that why I made you delete that thread yesterday. I roasted you and your other username....
I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-07-2008, 01:04 AM
I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.Sure you do...... dude it is obvious just look at you post history, you just registered a few days ago.:oldlol:

AirGordon7
07-07-2008, 01:23 AM
No Doubt

Its the Man Child

He is such a beast and he is not even in his prime yet

EricForman
07-07-2008, 07:23 AM
:oldlol: Explain to me how Amare has poor defense and D.Howard has such great defense?

Yeah, you're right. I guess every sports writer and TV analyst calling Amare a "below average on defense" is just outta their minds. Becuase block numbers is the end-all, be-all of telling great defense, right?

Watch the games, Amare is horrible on defense.

statman32
07-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, you're right. I guess every sports writer and TV analyst calling Amare a "below average on defense" is just outta their minds. Becuase block numbers is the end-all, be-all of telling great defense, right?

Watch the games, Amare is horrible on defense.
Yes, he was when he played out of position but now hes a average defender. Good weakside defender who occasionally has lapses and a decent man-man pf defender.

Watch some games kid.

Rafa
07-07-2008, 11:01 AM
very different players so hard to compare them :confusedshrug:

mmsupra
07-07-2008, 11:27 AM
yea that guy that posted that crap about Amare is a douche!

Valliant13
07-07-2008, 11:40 AM

As Raptors fan I have to (grudgingly) back up that point 100%. By the third game they allmost gave up on layups in the paint, and close range shots anywhere near Dwight. He would just appear from way outside his area and obliterate a shot two feet above the rim. It was demoralizing as fan...and destroyed the Rap interior game. Very impressive.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM
This is instant Offense vs Instant Defense.

Dwight is closer to Amare' Offense than Amare is closer to Dwight's defensive abilities like rebounding and blocking

omarnyc
07-07-2008, 01:43 PM

Dwight is closer to Amare' Offense than Amare is closer to Dwight's defensive abilities like rebounding and blocking

this is a joke, 90% of dwight's offense is still dunks and put backs, i donno why you think howard is this great defender. dwight's blocked shots may be like a percentage point higher then amare's, and he gets more rebounds because....1.orlando is not the running team that phoenix is, the suns system called for amare to get out on the break. 2.amare has always played with another good rebounder. dwight gets like 3 or 4 more boards wow big deal. why dont 7'6 yao get more boards and blocks?

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
this is a joke, 90% of dwight's offense is still dunks and put backs, i donno why you think howard is this great defender. dwight's blocked shots may be like a percentage point higher then amare's, and he gets more rebounds because....1.orlando is not the running team that phoenix is, the suns system called for amare to get out on the break. 2.amare has always played with another good rebounder. dwight gets like 3 or 4 more boards wow big deal. why dont 7'6 yao get more boards and blocks?
Why do you always bring up Yao lmao? Are you that bad of a debater that you have to change the subject to something irrleveant?

and Amare did not play another good rebounder besides Shawn Marion, someone also 4 inches shorter than Amare, and also amare is more athletic.

Dwight is better.

Vendetta
07-07-2008, 01:51 PM

You're a ****ing retard. I haven't cursed someone out in a while but you really are one dumb cocksucking mother****er. What a waste of life.

People need to stop acting like Amare is close to being as good a rebounder as Dwight.

If Dwight were on the Suns, you could easily add another board per to his numbers.

omarnyc
07-07-2008, 02:44 PM
You're a ****ing retard. I haven't cursed someone out in a while but you really are one dumb cocksucking mother****er. What a waste of life.

People need to stop acting like Amare is close to being as good a rebounder as Dwight.

If Dwight were on the Suns, you could easily add another board per to his numbers.

you wasted alot of space just to say amare is not as good of a rebounder as dwight, you didnt have to type all the other **** son. dwight being a better rebounder dont make him the better player

danumber88
07-07-2008, 02:47 PM
I think their both good on the offensive side and their both good offensivley

Amare is more agile than howard..
howard is a better rebounder

Overall Howard is the better player

but Amare is still the best scoring big man in the leauge

omarnyc
07-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Why do you always bring up Yao lmao? Are you that bad of a debater that you have to change the subject to something irrleveant?

and Amare did not play another good rebounder besides Shawn Marion, someone also 4 inches shorter than Amare, and also amare is more athletic.

Dwight is better.

yao's name been in the debate i didnt bring him in it, you stated that dwight is a better PLAYER then amare because he out rebounds him, so if thats the case why dont the same apply to a much bigger yao? amare has played with marion his whole career, and now he has shaq, how many other teams have 2 players getting 10+ boards a game?

HeyIt'sMe
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I love how people always love to denounce Howard's rebounding ability to the fact that he has no good rebounding teammates. People used to make excuses for why Eddy Curry blew as a rebounder, too, and then they realized he just sucked at rebounding.

Howard is a dominant rebounder because he A) Has a body like a Greek God B) Has freakish arm length C) Has insane leaping ability D) He's able to read the ball coming off the rim better than anyone in the league.

Dwight would average 15-16 RPG in the Suns' run and gun system. Amare is not in his league as a rebounder.

omarnyc
07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
I love how people always love to denounce Howard's rebounding ability to the fact that he has no good rebounding teammates. People used to make excuses for why Eddy Curry blew as a rebounder, too, and then they realized he just sucked at rebounding.

Howard is a dominant rebounder because he A) Has a body like a Greek God B) Has freakish arm length C) Has insane leaping ability D) He's able to read the ball coming off the rim better than anyone in the league.

Dwight would average 15-16 RPG in the Suns' run and gun system. Amare is not in his league as a rebounder.

i never said nothing about dwight's rebounding ability, i just dont think he is a better ball player then amare. because amare dont get as many rebounds as dwight you sayin he sucks at rebounding? he's a career 20/10 player so how does he suck?

Rab
07-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Both guys have their strengths and weaknesses. I don't think Dwight will ever be the offensive player that Amare is, and Amare won't be the defensive player that Dwight is.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

highwhey
07-07-2008, 05:17 PM

You guys make me laugh at your ignorance. Amare has always played with good rebounders. Marion/Shaq. You idots. Nobody on the Orlando Magic team(other than D12)averages more than 5 RPG(Hedu is at 5). In the Suns team, Amare and Shaq both average 9 each. You have Raja Bell, Diaw and Skinner stealing rebounds from Amare because of thestyle they play. If you ever watched 1 full Suns game you might have noticed this. Nobody is saying that Amare is the best rebounder in the league, but he sure as hell ain't the worst. 4 more rebounds isn't a huge difference, and it's not a big enough reason to say Dwight is an overall better player than Amare.

You have to be a complete idiot to says Dwight is better, Amare has him on most categories.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Amare lacks defensive rebounding skills, Dwight is good on either side for rebounding, Amare is just more of an offensive rebounder than an defensive rebounder.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
i never said nothing about dwight's rebounding ability, i just dont think he is a better ball player then amare. because amare dont get as many rebounds as dwight you sayin he sucks at rebounding? he's a career 20/10 player so how does he suck?
Amare is a career 20/9 player not 20/10

Dwight also had good rebounders before like Tony Battie

jjayfive
07-07-2008, 05:58 PM
i'll take dwight....his pressense changes the game beyond numbers.....watch him play live a couple of times.... on defense he alters so many shots.....in a league with jump shooting big man, he's the closest thing to shaq...

omarnyc
07-07-2008, 08:20 PM
i'll take dwight....his pressense changes the game beyond numbers.....watch him play live a couple of times.... on defense he alters so many shots.....in a league with jump shooting big man, he's the closest thing to shaq...

dwight is nothing like shaq, he disappears to much in the 2nd half of games,i just dont see the dominance from this dude that alot of you on here claim he has.

VCMVP1551
07-07-2008, 08:25 PM

That's not true. Amare is much closer to Dwight's defense than Dwight is to Amare's offense.

Amare is a top 3-5 offensive big man in the league while Dwight is not a top 3-5 defensive big man.

As for Amare's rebounding, he isn't near Dwight period but he has played with much better rebounders. Regardless Amare wouldn't approach Dwight's averages of 12-14 boards but still he'd probably be over 10 per game.

In Amare's rookie season he played with Shawn Marion(9.5 per game), in Amare's sophomore season Marion averaged 9.3 per game, in Amare's 3rd season Marion averaged 11.3 per game. In 2006-2007 Marion averaged 9.8 boards and last year Marion averaged 9.9 before his trade to Miami anbd Shaq came in and averaged 10.6 after the trade to Phoenix.

omarnyc
07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Amare is a career 20/9 player not 20/10

Dwight also had good rebounders before like Tony Battie

amare career stats...21.0 pts, 9.1 rebs

dwight howard's career stats...16.5 pts, 12.2 rebs

howard is a true center while amare is a pf, i still wanna know what makes dwight so much better in your opinion.

tony battie career stats...6.7 pts, 5.6 rebs , im kinda mad you even mentioned him.

LutherHeadJob
07-07-2008, 11:15 PM
yao's name been in the debate i didnt bring him in it, you stated that dwight is a better PLAYER then amare because he out rebounds him, so if thats the case why dont the same apply to a much bigger yao? amare has played with marion his whole career, and now he has shaq, how many other teams have 2 players getting 10+ boards a game?

Gee you are one dumb****

How many players rebound with their head? ****ing moron, go watch some basketball beofre typing.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Gee you are one dumb****

How many players rebound with their head? ****ing moron, go watch some basketball beofre typing.
:oldlol: :applause:
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2882/owned9wz.jpg

statman32
07-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Gee you are one dumb****

Well Yao Mings wingspan is about 5 inches longer than Amares. If you dont think that is beneficial when it comes to rebounding, you are mistaken.

LutherHeadJob
07-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Well Yao Mings wingspan is about 5 inches longer than Amares. If you dont think that is beneficial when it comes to rebounding, you are mistaken.

Yao is slow, a stiff and has slow reaction times. And he does average more boards than Amare.

Edit. And Yao has a 0.5 inch vertical.

WildStyle
07-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Dwight is not a top 3-5 defensive big man.

He isn't? I'd like to see your rankings.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Yao is slow, a stiff and has slow reaction times. And he does average more boards than Amare.

he actually has a legit 20+ inch vert, but just bringing it out there

VCMVP1551
07-08-2008, 12:02 AM
He isn't? I'd like to see your rankings.

Ok

In no order these guys are better defenders than Dwight.

Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Marcus Camby, Tyson Chandler, Samuel Dalembert, Emeka Okafor, Rasheed Wallace, Kendrick Perkins and even Shaq played better defense than Dwight after the trade to Phoenix.

Dwight doesn't play shut down defense. He isn't a very good 1 on 1 defender.

By the way Amare's wingspan is 7'2" while Yao's is just under 7'5".

DreamYaoTmac5
07-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Ok

Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Marcus Camby, Tyson Chandler, Samuel Dalembert, Emeka Okafor, Rasheed Wallace, Kendrick Perkins and even Shaq played better defense than Dwight after the trade to Phoenix.

lol, you put those guys above of Yao? Perkins, Dalembert Okafor and Rasheed?

I would say Dwight is a top 5 defensive big man at most.

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:07 AM

Slow,stiff,slow reaction times/0.5 vertical?

I've never seen somebody diss there fav player so much. Not to mention none of that is true.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-08-2008, 12:08 AM

Slow,stiff,slow reaction times/0.5 vertical?

I've never seen somebody diss there fav player so much. Not to mention none of that is true.
It's an expression obviously.

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:09 AM

I would take Perkins of the list along with Shaq because of Shaqs inabilty to guard a simple p&r but everyone else has a legit argument for being as good or better defender than Dwight.

And Rasheed is a top3 pf/c defender. No doubt in my mind.

VCMVP1551
07-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Perkins is an excellent defender. Just because he isn't a big name doesn't mean he isn't one of the better defensive big men. Sheed shut down Dwight in the 2nd round of the playoffs and has gotten a reputation as an excellent defender for a reason. Dalembert and Okafor have been underrated as well.

Dwight is not even close to a top 5 defensive big men. Yao is a better defender than Dwight. Yao has shut down top big men including Dwight who he has flat out embarrassed.

Yao and Dwight head to head(7 games)
Yao- 24.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.1 apg, 2.3 bpg, 55.0 FG%
Dwight- 12.0 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1.4 bpg, 44.3 FG%

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:10 AM
It's an expression obviously.
What the hell are you talking about? :oldlol:

WildStyle
07-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Ok

Of those listed only Duncan, Rasheed and maybe KG strike me as better defenders than Dwight. Camby is only good as help defender. Dwight is considerably better than the other players you listed. Perkins is perhaps better 1 on 1, but he doesn't have to worry about scoring. Dwight actually is a good 1 on 1 defender. He always does a good job of staying in front of his man and making him take a tough contested shot. His only weakness is playing perimeter type players. Even then he's been known to slap the ball away from a driving player with his quick hands. Not to mention he blocks shots nobody else in the league could even come close to getting a hold of. And like it or not... defensive rebounding is a part of defense.

VCMVP1551
07-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I would take Perkins of the list along with Shaq because of Shaqs inabilty to guard a simple p&r but everyone else has a legit argument for being as good or better defender than Dwight.

Why would you take Perkins off the list? He's an excellent defender.
Shaq can't guard the pick and roll but he is much better 1 on 1 defender than Dwight.

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Why would you take Perkins off the list? He's an excellent defender.
Shaq can't guard the pick and roll but he is much better 1 on 1 defender than Dwight.
Perkins is not a excellent defender. I've seen too many guys take it to him this season and in past seasons. Hes not a bad defender but lets not get carried away.

Shaq is a better 1 on 1 defender but he AND Nash got exposed for there pick and roll defense. I would rank Dwight slighty ahead of Shaq just for the fact that Dwight can also stay out there longer than Shaq can now so he can impact a game on that end a little more.

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Of those listed only Duncan, Rasheed and maybe KG strike me as better defenders than Dwight. Camby is only good as help defender. Dwight is considerably better than the other players you listed. Perkins is perhaps better 1 on 1, but he doesn't have to worry about scoring. Dwight actually is a good 1 on 1 defender. He always does a good job of staying in front of his man and making him take a tough contested shot. His only weakness is playing perimeter type players. Even then he's been known to slap the ball away from a driving player with his quick hands. Not to mention he blocks shots nobody else in the league could even come close to getting a hold of. And like it or not... defensive rebounding is a part of defense.
Maybe KG? :roll:

I'm sorry but after that anything you say holds no value.

WildStyle
07-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Maybe KG? :roll:

I'm sorry but after that anything you say holds no value.

Oh no, not the allmighty untouchable KG. Please. Maybe watch a little more of Dwight for a bit of a reality check.

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh no, not the allmighty untouchable KG. Please. Maybe watch a little more of Dwight for a bit of a reality check.
I've seen Dwight play plenty. To suggest that he might be a better defender than KG is ridiculous.

You just lost any credibility you had left.

VCMVP1551
07-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Perkins is not a excellent defender. I've seen too many guys take it to him this season and in past seasons. Hes not a bad defender but lets not get carried away.

I always remember being very impressed with his defense but everones rankings are different so nothing I'm going to really argue over.

Shaq is a better 1 on 1 defender but he AND Nash got exposed for there pick and roll defense. I would rank Dwight slighty ahead of Shaq just for the fact that Dwight can also stay out there longer than Shaq can now so he can impact a game on that end a little more.

Fair enough although Shaq's defense also seemed more impressive to me. I could never figure out why he struggled with pick and roll defense though. He even struggled with that in his prime.

WildStyle
07-08-2008, 12:24 AM
I've seen Dwight play plenty. To suggest that he might be a better defender than KG is ridiculous.

You just lost any credibility you had left.

I never said that. What I said was that maybe current KG is a better defender than Dwight. The other options would be...

a) yes KG's better
b) they are about the same

The maybe meaning I'm probably leaning more towards option a.

Now explain to me how that is blasphemy.

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I never said that. What I said was that maybe current KG is a better defender than Dwight. The other options would be...

a) yes KG's better
b) they are about the same

The maybe meaning I'm probably leaning more towards option a.

Now explain to me how that is blasphemy.
Its blasphemy because KG is inarguably a better defender than Dwight. Its blasphemy to even think hes about the same as KG. Its a no-brainer. If you cant understand that, seek help.

I'm not saying KG is the best defender either. Hes just a really good defender that shouldnt be compared to someone that is just learning the defensive ropes. Dwight has the tools but right now, they dont compare.

fiad06
07-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Ok

I don't know bro... I looked at the game logs for this previous season and all of those players you listed that are better defensively than Dwight did not stop him this year. He scored more than them each game this year. If they had better defense then him they should be able to stop him;due to his limited offensive skills. right? Dwight held the opponents you listed to lower numbers than him and he also outscored these good defensive players. I am not saying he is some phenomenal defensive player. But I think you are giving him less credit than he deserves IMO.

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't know bro... I looked at the game logs for this previous season and all of those players you listed that are better defensively than Dwight did not stop him this year. He scored more than them each game this year. If they had better defense then him they should be able to stop him;due to his limited offensive skills. right? Dwight held the opponents you listed to lower numbers than him and he also outscored these good defensive players. I am not saying he is some phenomenal defensive player. But I think you are giving him less credit than he deserves IMO.
He might be able to stop some of those players more than they stop him becuase they arent very good offensive players. Some of those players listed have even less limited offensive skills than Dwight.

WildStyle
07-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Its blasphemy because KG is inarguably a better defender than Dwight. Its blasphemy to even think hes about the same as KG. Its a no-brainer. If you cant understand that, seek help.

I'm not saying KG is the best defender either. Hes just a really good defender that shouldnt be compared to someone that is just learning the defensive ropes. Dwight has the tools but right now, they dont compare.

lol whatever dude. You are simply underestimating Dwight's defense. It's that simple. No surpise really. You underestimate every other part of his game.

highwhey
07-08-2008, 12:34 AM
That's not true. Amare is much closer to Dwight's defense than Dwight is to Amare's offense.

Amare is a top 3-5 offensive big man in the league while Dwight is not a top 3-5 defensive big man.

As for Amare's rebounding, he isn't near Dwight period but he has played with much better rebounders. Regardless Amare wouldn't approach Dwight's averages of 12-14 boards but still he'd probably be over 10 per game.

In Amare's rookie season he played with Shawn Marion(9.5 per game), in Amare's sophomore season Marion averaged 9.3 per game, in Amare's 3rd season Marion averaged 11.3 per game. In 2006-2007 Marion averaged 9.8 boards and last year Marion averaged 9.9 before his trade to Miami anbd Shaq came in and averaged 10.6 after the trade to Phoenix.

You do know that Amare averaged 12 rebounds since Shaq's arrival, right? His blocks and points also increased. Basically after Shaq arrived.

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:35 AM
lol whatever dude. You are simply underestimating Dwight's defense. It's that simple. No surpise really. You underestimate every other part of his game.
What other parts of his games do I underestimate? :rolleyes:

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:35 AM
You do know that Amare averaged 12 rebounds since Shaq's arrival, right? His blocks and points also increased. Basically after Shaq arrived.
Amare did not average 12 rebounds after Shaqs arrival. Please delete your post.

WildStyle
07-08-2008, 12:36 AM
It should be noted that Dwight's defense last season was an improvement on the seasons before. Therefore you should be rating his defense from last season.

WildStyle
07-08-2008, 12:43 AM
What other parts of his games do I underestimate? :rolleyes:
His offensive game for one. 20 points on 60% shooting is good no matter which way you slice it. Meaning yes, Dwight Howard does in fact have an offensive game.

highwhey
07-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Amare did not average 12 rebounds after Shaqs arrival. Please delete your post.
According to various articles, yes he did. Stop being an ass to everyone, please delete your post.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's noticed.

Please don't respond with your usual arrogant response, something like "Get a clue kid".

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:45 AM
His offensive game for one. 20 points on 60% shooting is good no matter which way you slice it. Meaning yes, Dwight Howard does in fact have an offensive game.
No doubt. He can score and get to the line a ridiculous amount but late in games hes limited b/c of his limited offensive game and poor ft shooting. Not to mention that he is turnover prone.

Still for being so raw, he gets the job done. :cheers:

statman32
07-08-2008, 12:47 AM
According to various articles, yes he did. Stop being an ass to everyone, please delete your post.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's noticed.

Please don't respond with your usual arrogant response, something like "Get a clue kid".
What articles? Some advice for you. Next time you think you remember something like that, go to Amare Stoudemires split stats on ESPN and check out his numbers after the all-star break. :cheers:

VCMVP1551
07-08-2008, 12:48 AM

Nope.

These are Amare's numbers with Shaq(excluding the final game of the season when he played only 18 minutes)
29.1 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.8 bpg, 58.1 FG%, 17.5 FGA

PlayBig
07-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Dwight > Amare

Amare is so overrated. With Dantoni is out, we'll see Amare can play more defense, play half-court and tried to play some post game like a big man instead of shooting jumpers. If he doesn't learn the post game this summer and still trying to perfect the jumpers...

No more excuse for Amare now.

shaoyut
07-13-2008, 12:43 AM
dwight might get better next year and he is better at defence and rebounding equal offence

iggy>
07-13-2008, 01:22 AM
this one is alot easier than brand vs amare. dwight>. the guy is great right now and hes only going to get better.

baseketball4life
07-13-2008, 01:49 AM
Amare

BlogOFfatman
07-13-2008, 01:49 AM
howard by 150 miles

highwhey
07-13-2008, 01:54 AM
dwight might get better next year and he is better at defence and rebounding equal offence

it's not even worth debating with idiots.

DreamYaoTmac5
07-13-2008, 01:57 AM
Equal offense?

Wow, We got ourselves a troll.
http://www.salagir.com/gfx/troll-web.jpg

brandonislegend
07-13-2008, 02:15 AM
Dwight Howard.

statman32
07-13-2008, 02:30 AM
Why do people feel the need to post in thread with 1 liners? If you want to contribute how bout you explain yourself even if its just a small explanation? Not to mention people dont read these threads to see whats already been said/argued.

baseketball4life
07-13-2008, 03:05 AM
Why do people feel the need to post in thread with 1 liners? If you want to contribute how bout you explain yourself even if its just a small explanation? Not to mention people dont read these threads to see whats already been said/argued.
Amare Stoudemire is better than Dwight Howard in my opinion

Amare's ability to create his own shot, finish around the rim, hit his free throws, hit the jumper, and use all of the moves he's got (he has more moves than Dwight) puts him over Dwight. Even though Dwight is the better rebounder and shot blocker/post defender, I'd take Amare anyday and everyday

WildStyle
07-13-2008, 06:11 AM
Ok, then answer this...

If you are Orlando, would you trade Dwight for Amare if the opportunity presented itself?

WildStyle
07-14-2008, 12:46 AM
There is not one Magic fan on earth who would trade Dwight for Amare. I'm sure you could find some Suns fans that would though. That tells me a lot.

U got Served
07-14-2008, 12:55 AM
I wouldn't trade Howard for Amare. Howard is a much better player.

omarnyc
07-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Ok, then answer this...

If you are Orlando, would you trade Dwight for Amare if the opportunity presented itself?

of course orlando is not gonna trade their young center for a pf, all-star centers are rare

highwhey
07-14-2008, 01:04 AM
There is not one Magic fan on earth who would trade Dwight for Amare. I'm sure you could find some Suns fans that would though. That tells me a lot.
Dwight wouldn't fit with the current Suns system. Don't give me that bs that he has speed...he doesn't have enough speed, nor is he athletically superior like Amare. People are overrating his D, yes he has excellent defense. Although the gap between his D is nothing like Amare's Offensive advantage.

U got Served
07-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Dwight wouldn't fit with the current Suns system. Don't give me that bs that he has speed...he doesn't have enough speed, nor is he athletically superior like Amare. People are overrating his D, yes he has excellent defense. Although the gap between his D is nothing like Amare's Offensive advantage.

Howard is Orlando's franchise player. If you're assuming Amare could take his spot you're crazy.

omarnyc
07-14-2008, 01:12 AM

making trades dont determine if a player is better then the other, thats the dumbest **** i've read on here, if we go by your logic al jefferson is better then kg, kwame brown is better then caron butler and pau gasol, we can go on and on

highwhey
07-14-2008, 01:19 AM
Howard is Orlando's franchise player. If you're assuming Amare could take his spot you're crazy.
when did I say that? Amare is Suns franchise player...Kerr is building around him. No way D12 would fit here...well not with the style they've been playing with.

omarnyc
07-14-2008, 01:23 AM
when did I say that? Amare is Suns franchise player...Kerr is building around him. No way D12 would fit here...well not with the style they've been playing with.

these cats really think you can just stick a player , especially a center, on any team and get the same results.

statman32
07-14-2008, 01:36 AM
What does that tell you? That Dwight is younger and less injury prone because it sure as hell doesnt tell you that Dwight is better than Amare right now.

final.wrath
07-14-2008, 01:41 AM
yao is the best right now of the three but hes also a lot older and can only play the halfcourt style offense and is best as a #1 option.

dwight is younger, a better rebounder, and a better defender than amare. all he needs is to develop a better offensive game and then he has a shot at being one of the great big men of all time.

U got Served
07-14-2008, 01:50 AM
when did I say that? Amare is Suns franchise player...Kerr is building around him. No way D12 would fit here...well not with the style they've been playing with.\

What I'm trying to say is that Amare is not a franchise guy and he can't be no matter which team he's with. Howard is and will be a franchise player in any team he's with. this might of gotten of topic but i stick with the opinion that Howard is better than Amare.

BrianScalabrine
07-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Dwight, because Amare is delusional.

highwhey
07-14-2008, 01:57 AM
\

What I'm trying to say is that Amare is not a franchise guy and he can't be no matter which team he's with. Howard is and will be a franchise player in any team he's with. this might of gotten of topic but i stick with the opinion that Howard is better than Amare.

your opinion isn't relevant, facts are. what you've claimed is not a fact.

:rolleyes:

statman32
07-14-2008, 01:59 AM
\

Amare cant be a franchise player?

**** OUTTA HERE! :roll:

Gifted Mind
07-14-2008, 02:40 AM
Dwight Howard

The primary reason I would take Dwight Howard over Amare Stoudomire is because of Dwight Howard's rebounding and defensive advantages. Amare Stoudomire unfortunately is not a good defender while Dwight Howard has a favorable case of being the 2nd best defensive center in the game; he did after all make it to All-Defensive 2nd team. He to me makes a great repercussion in games because of this reason. Amare undeniably is the better offensive player, however Dwight is puissant on the offensive end and the defensive end. On the other hand, Amare Stoudomire struggles on the defensive end quite often.

Furthermore, Amare Staudomire plays in a more fast pace than Dwight Howard and has a PG like Nash setting him up. These facts contribute to Amare Stoudemire putting up sligthly superior statistics. Though Dwight Howard plays in a relatively fast paced team, the Suns play in even a greater pace. Lastly, Dwight requires less help in creating his own shot in comparison to Amare Staudomire.

To summarize, Dwight Howard's competence on both ends of the floor put him over Amare Stuodmire. Both can score, though Amare is more skilled at it. However only one of them plays good defense as well. In fact, Dwight Howard was selected over Amare Stoudemire in the All-NBA Teams voting.

Here are some statistics to back up some of my claims:

Amare Stoudemire:

PER: 31.1
Defensive Counterpart PER (Player he is guarding's PER): 21.8
Net: +9.3

Net On/Off Court: +7.6
(Total Point Differential for the Suns when Amare is on vs. off the court)

Non Assisted Shots: 30%

Dwight Howard:

PER: 25.8
Defensive Counterpart PER: 13.3
Net: +12.5

Net On/Off Court: +9.0

Non Assisted Shots: 32%

As can see in the PER breakdown, Dwight's defensive advantage actuallys ends up surpassing Amare's offensive advantages. Furthermore, Dwight in the end of the day makes a greater impact on his team than Amare Stoudemire strictly in terms of points differential.

statman32
07-14-2008, 03:26 AM
Thats cute and all but that doesnt show the difference in opponents.

Lets take a look at the PER rankings for centers around the league.

1. Amare(West) 27.61
2. Duncan(West) 24.41
2. Howard(East) 22.98
4. Jefferson(West) 22.80
5. Yao(West) 22.61
6. Bynum(West) 22.61
7. Biedrins(West) 19.18
8. Illgauskas(East) 18.76
9. Haywood(East) 18.37
10. Kamen(West) 17.62
11. Chandler(West) 17.56
12. Bogut(East) 17.55
13. Camby(West) 17.24
14. Shaq(West) 17.17
15. Miller(West) 16.82

As you can see excluding Amare/Howard/Shaq 9 of the 12 other top 15 ranked centers(PER) are in the West.

Amare played these 12 guys 41 times while Howard played these 12 guys 29 times. If you even this out, it would be pretty easy to come to the conclusion that NET PER would be about the same.

Good argument from you but as you can see VERY flawed.

The second argument you made is also very flawed. I mean just look at who Dwight Howard has behind him compared to who Amare had behind him. Foyle vs Skinner/Diaw. :no:

WildStyle
07-14-2008, 07:07 AM
What does that tell you? That Dwight is younger and less injury prone because it sure as hell doesnt tell you that Dwight is better than Amare right now.

Wouldn't matter to me if they were the same age and Amare was the iron man Dwight is. I wouldn't give up what Dwight brings to the team for what Amare could.

GreatHILL
07-14-2008, 07:16 AM
dwight would be already out of this league, if he had 2 knee injuries and microfracture OP, amare is still a beast after those insane injuries!

SunnyBlack
07-14-2008, 08:59 AM
STAT. Next question....

DreamYaoTmac5
07-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Stat whores in the house, OH when i mean stat whores, I mean people who use stats not Amare Stoudemire. :lol

highwhey
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
dwight would be already out of this league, if he had 2 knee injuries and microfracture OP, amare is still a beast after those insane injuries!
exactly...

Wouldn't matter to me if they were the same age and Amare was the iron man Dwight is. I wouldn't give up what Dwight brings to the team for what Amare could.

you mean overrated defense and half decent offense? it doesn't matter, Amare and Dwight have totally different game styles...and so do their respective teams. Amare is the better player, no matter how you slice it. Although this doesn't mean he'll perform the same way in Orlando as he does in PHX.

this is like debating whether Lebron would perform the say way in L.A. as he does in Cleveland if he and Kobe traded places. Most likely not, since L.A. has Gasol and Odom, Lebron's rebounds and points would probably go down, although not dramatically.

WildStyle
07-14-2008, 09:25 PM
exactly...

you mean overrated defense and half decent offense? it doesn't matter, Amare and Dwight have totally different game styles...and so do their respective teams. Amare is the better player, no matter how you slice it. Although this doesn't mean he'll perform the same way in Orlando as he does in PHX.

this is like debating whether Lebron would perform the say way in L.A. as he does in Cleveland if he and Kobe traded places. Most likely not, since L.A. has Gasol and Odom, Lebron's rebounds and points would probably go down, although not dramatically.

Whatever man. All I'll say is I'm glad we are the ones who have Dwight. I know every Magic fan will agree.

supersmashbros
11-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Ok

Well Yao's wingspan is comparatively short (at best his own height) while Amare is only 6,9" and yet his wingspan is a little over 7 feet.
But defensively Yao and Amare there's little comparison reach-wise. But Yao of course doesn't have much hops.