PDA

View Full Version : GTA San Andreas - Supply Lines

Zan Tabak
07-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I know this is an old game but I recently moved and had no cable for a week so I've been playing San Andreas for PS2 ..When I bought it ..I never played it ..so I decided to dust it off and give it a go.

Thing's were going good until I got to the 'Supply Lines' mission. Man that's gotta be one of the toughest missions I ever had too do in a video game!!..took me about 40 - 50 try's ..That damn little plane is almost impossible to control..and they give you such little time to finish the mission!!

Anyone else have problems with this mission?

sixerfan82
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
is this the one where you fly the remote control chopper in the building?

or the one where you have to shoot 3 trucks on the movie with the plane?

or where you have to fly the plane to a certain location?

either way, the plane missions were frustrating for me as well, i was so glad when they were done

ironically, i learned to fly the plane even better after i was done the mission pack lol

knickballer
07-08-2008, 11:43 AM
That mission made me "retire" from San Andreas. It was impossible and I haven't touched it in 2 years.

Zan Tabak
07-08-2008, 11:45 AM

either way, the plane missions were frustrating for me as well, i was so glad when they were done

ironically, i learned to fly the plane even better after i was done the mission pack lol
It's the one where you fly a remote control airplane and have to kill 5 couriers and return the plane before your fuel runs out ..if you don't do it perfectly ..you fail!

Zan Tabak
07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
That mission made me "retire" from San Andreas. It was impossible and I haven't touched it in 2 years.
I hear ya!!..I was almost there..but somehow >luckily< finished it..never want to do that mission again!!

InspiredLebowski
07-08-2008, 12:58 PM
I've never beaten that mission. You don't have to do it to finish the game, so I still haven't.

Mathius
07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
It's not that bad. Hit the one right across the street first, then nail the one going south. Then head west and hit the one heading towards the wheel arch side of town. Then head across town to finish off the other two.

Yeah, you kind've have to get a little bit lucky and hope the last two aren't too far apart, and the first time I did it it through me for a loop that you had to actually head back to Zero's to finish the mission (I bombed the last guy. Mission over), but it isn't really that hard.

Land behind them and just fire from the street. Works almost every time.

And btw. Old game or not, it's sweet. I still play it all the time.

Mathius

fiddy
07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I used to hate that mission. I failed about 15 times myself. Then i got used to the control of the lilttle plane. It is easier to drive it on the street instaed of flyining. Killing the couriers is much easier. There are harder missions later in the game. The last one is just crazy.

Jimmy2k8
07-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I used to hate that mission. I failed about 15 times myself. Then i got used to the control of the lilttle plane. It is easier to drive it on the street instaed of flyining. Killing the couriers is much easier. There are harder missions later in the game. The last one is just crazy.

Harder missions?:oldlol:

Most of the missions in San Andreas are a piece of cake.

Zan Tabak
07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
I haven't finished the game ..but from what I've read online ..Supply lines is by far the hardest mission in San Andreas

Mathius
07-08-2008, 09:54 PM
I haven't finished the game ..but from what I've read online ..Supply lines is by far the hardest mission in San Andreas

Nah. I think getting a gold in City Slick'n is a LOT harder.

Mathius

fiddy
07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Nope it isnt. I have played all of them i can tell you for sure.

Zan Tabak
07-09-2008, 12:31 PM
We will see..im almost finished it!..so far it's been the hardest..

Burgz
07-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Nah. I think getting a gold in City Slick'n is a LOT harder.

Mathius

it is, i spent ALOT of time trying to get gold and i still only have silver

this mission is hard, but if you play it smart, it IS manageable

El Kabong
07-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I hated that mission too. It was one of those missions that you pass once on a complete fluke, and then can never get past it again. It's the fact that the plane handles like a pos that always makes it annoying for me.

embersyc
07-10-2008, 08:16 AM
By far the hardest mission is the final mission. The flying stuff starts out hard, but once you learn the controls its easy, the final mission you just gotta get lucky to beat.

Mathius
07-10-2008, 06:45 PM
By far the hardest mission is the final mission. The flying stuff starts out hard, but once you learn the controls its easy, the final mission you just gotta get lucky to beat.

That reminds me. I found that the gang wars were pretty easy, but when you get to that mission near the end where Sweet makes you take back Idlewood from the Ballas, it's like 100 times harder than a regular gang mission for some reason.

Mathius

sixerfan82
07-10-2008, 07:07 PM
It's the one where you fly a remote control airplane and have to kill 5 couriers and return the plane before your fuel runs out ..if you don't do it perfectly ..you fail!

yea i remember that one, it's not required to beat the game, it's only required for 100% completion, IF thats your thing

ironically, i remember AFTER beating the flying missions, is when i flew the plane like an ace, go figure

on a side note, "my thing" is taking a big rig and drivin that **** into a gang area and lobbin molotovs hehe

i star WARS it's just ridiculous

alexthegod
07-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Damn, all this talk about San Andreas, reminds me of how much fun that game was, I gotta go back to that game. It was more fun than GTA IV. Just more side stuff to do.....and some really fun missions/rewards.

I love that jet pack, freakin awesome! And the air field with all the different aircraft, killer!

I dont remember that mission you guys are talking about, gonna have to go back and see how tough it is.

Thanks for reminding me guys :)

Mathius
07-10-2008, 09:26 PM
It was more fun than GTA IV. Just more side stuff to do.....and some really fun missions/rewards.

I don't have GTA4, but I watched my buddy play it, and he agreed with me, that for all the ranting and raving about the game, its essentially GTA SA with better graphics and a different story.

The main concepts remain the same and they didn't add much besides a cell phone.

Mathius

emsteez forreal
07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
i remember having some problems but not that much .

sixerfan82
07-11-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't have GTA4, but I watched my buddy play it, and he agreed with me, that for all the ranting and raving about the game, its essentially GTA SA with better graphics and a different story.

The main concepts remain the same and they didn't add much besides a cell phone.

Mathius

that's generally what all sequels are, game or movie. that's why as tough as it is for me to be in the industry and not play many games, my reasoning is why buy as you've clearly said "essentially the same game with better graphics and a different story".

this is why i do not buy madden, COD, or halo.

not to derail the topic, as i'm sure i already have, but echochrome is worth a look, if only for innovative purposes

Mathius
07-12-2008, 12:37 PM
that's generally what all sequels are, game or movie. that's why as tough as it is for me to be in the industry and not play many games, my reasoning is why buy as you've clearly said "essentially the same game with better graphics and a different story".

this is why i do not buy madden, COD, or halo.

not to derail the topic, as i'm sure i already have, but echochrome is worth a look, if only for innovative purposes

<shrug> GTA SA was AWESOME. GTAIV is still bound to be a phenomenal game. I just don't know that it lived up to the insane amount of hype it got.

In the grand scheme of things, beyond the fantastic graphics, they didn't seem to upgrade the gameplay much.

Certainly not near as much as GTA SA was an upgrade over VC, and VC was an upgrade over GTAIII.

Are the "Stories" games worth buying? I seriously can't go back and play VC or GTAIII anymore. It's the controls. They're awful after you've played SA for a while.

Mathius

nycelt84
07-12-2008, 12:43 PM
All of Zero's missions in San Andreas were ridiculously hard and the hardest missions in the game. I recently played and beat San Andreas a 2nd time and did the final mission on my 1st try, it was much easier than I initially remembered it.

sixerfan82
07-12-2008, 06:23 PM
<shrug> GTA SA was AWESOME. GTAIV is still bound to be a phenomenal game. I just don't know that it lived up to the insane amount of hype it got.

In the grand scheme of things, beyond the fantastic graphics, they didn't seem to upgrade the gameplay much.

Certainly not near as much as GTA SA was an upgrade over VC, and VC was an upgrade over GTAIII.

Are the "Stories" games worth buying? I seriously can't go back and play VC or GTAIII anymore. It's the controls. They're awful after you've played SA for a while.

Mathius

stories are only worth buying if you enjoy reading, the story just fuels your ability to complete the missions. Oh and to comment about the cell, gta for PS1 had a beeper, so it's really not that new, it's just enhanced

but overall i agree with what you said

~LA's fine$t~
07-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Air Raids is a hell of a lot tougher, I beat Supply Lines in no more then 4 tries every single time. I have a strategy that usually never fails.

The toughest van to explode is the 3rd one, after that it's piece of cake.
The gas isn't wasted when you're sitting the ground, so I just know a specific spot to place my heli and the I wait till the motorcycle makes a stop, I aim and just blast away...he accelerates pretty slow and usually always explodes.

Air Raids takes luck, I have so much problems with that one.

Geandily
07-13-2008, 02:07 AM
Oooh this game was fun, I always liked to get a sabre and go customize it with some fancy rims and a bright green paintjob and then cruise around listening to gangsta rap.

None of the missions were really THAT hard for me in San Andreas but I remember the remote controlled plane one in Vice City had me pulling my hair out until I realized you were supposed to bomb the boats BEFORE they left their little harbor.

rhythmic
11-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Beat it on the 5th try, and on the 2nd try I saw the landing spot and ran out of gas just before landing. It's a little tough, but as soon as you get comfortable with the plane it's not too bad. Key is to be touch sensitive with the analog stick...and of course knowing the correct route to do. The most difficult thing are getting to the city part and shooting the bicyclists. And then getting back in the air without smashing into the buildings.

Gina Carano
11-03-2012, 07:04 AM
jesus christ, i remember that mission, took me yonks to do it. pissed me off so bad. i found out you didnt even have to do it, but i wanted to finish all the missions.

CeltsGarlic
11-03-2012, 07:24 AM

Thats Vice City. Everybody hated that mission :lol

Cherry Picker
11-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Worst mission in San Andreas was "Follow the damn train CJ"

Kungfro
11-03-2012, 08:10 PM

It wasn't too bad once you figured it out. The problem was when you failed you were miles away from the the start of the mission, so having to start again was a pain in the ass.

Burgz V2
11-03-2012, 09:11 PM

this.

i must have spent more time failing that mission that it took me to complete all others combined loll

Wally450
11-13-2012, 11:47 AM
GOAT hardest mission :bowdown:

I tried that mission countless times, physically impossible for me to do. Had to give one of my buddies in school my memory card so he could beat it for me.

Scholar
11-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Supply Lines was the reason why I quit playing San Andreas. I would play the game now but I no longer own a PS2.

InspiredLebowski
11-14-2012, 04:09 AM
This shit makes me want to dig my PS2 outta the attic. Probably doesn't work anymore though.

Rake2204
11-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I was playing GTA San Andreas with my little brothers over the weekend and we came across the mission "Supply Lines", but I couldn't figure out why it sounded so familiar. Then I saw this thread today and realized I'd read through this before.

Anyway, I'm not a gaming genius and I probably just got lucky, but I beat Supply Lines on the first try this weekend. I even sputtered into a couple of buildings and fell to the ground at the start. I was telling my brothers how I thought I'd heard that mission was supposed to be tough but I assumed I must have mis-remembered. We actually plowed through Zero's missions quite quickly. My brother did the one where you shoot down planes from the roof and it took me two or three times to do the one with the helicopter and the miniature model area.

Rake2204
11-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Also, it's been said, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the same boat as those who believe San Andreas to be superior to GTAIV. One of my brothers, a big fan of IV who'd avoided San Andreas because he's a teen who couldn't look past SA's graphics, even had to admit - just after 10-15 minutes of gametime - that San Andreas just has more things to explore, toggle, and manipulate.

In IV, outside of the storyline, things seemed to dry up relatively quickly, to the point where it mostly just felt like one was wandering aimlessly, with no real chance of getting much of anything accomplished. In San Andreas, it's just a smorgasbord of everything: police missions, firefighting, ambulance rescue, cycling races, race car races, robbing pizza parlors, swimming underwater, customizing cars, discovering dune buggies on the beach, mountain climbing, jumping out of planes and parachuting into Las Vegas... it honestly felt there was 20 times more things to do in SA than IV.

For those thinking about giving it another run, I say go for it. The biggest obstacle is growing accustomed to the older graphics. It was tough for me to adapt at first (I didn't think I'd be able to, with the lame sight distances and whatnot) but I adjusted, and things worked out great.

rhythmic
11-27-2012, 09:27 PM
I was playing GTA San Andreas with my little brothers over the weekend and we came across the mission "Supply Lines", but I couldn't figure out why it sounded so familiar. Then I saw this thread today and realized I'd read through this before.

Anyway, I'm not a gaming genius and I probably just got lucky, but I beat Supply Lines on the first try this weekend. I even sputtered into a couple of buildings and fell to the ground at the start. I was telling my brothers how I thought I'd heard that mission was supposed to be tough but I assumed I must have mis-remembered. We actually plowed through Zero's missions quite quickly. My brother did the one where you shoot down planes from the roof and it took me two or three times to do the one with the helicopter and the miniature model area.

Air Raids can NOT be completed during the night, it's literally impossible to see the planes from a distance. That is by far the toughest Zero mission. Supply Lines is actually easy if you do the flying school first or just control the analog stick with sensitivity.

The final fire truck mission was the toughest for me. But only because it was so damn tricky to get up that damn truck. It's one of those missions that is very easy but you keep dying because you're not focusing enough since you perceive it to be rather easy. :oldlol: Ya know what I'm saying?

It's like Uncharted with plat-forming. It gets repetitive so you rush through certain areas and keep on dying over and over again, even though if you just took your time; you'd beat it without a sweat. Crash Bandicoot is another perfect example of that, Mario games as well. :coleman:

Rake2204
11-27-2012, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

Mr. I'm So Rad
11-27-2012, 11:05 PM
The worst mission was learning how to fly a plane. That shit took me weeks and almost made me snap my disc in half.

rhythmic
12-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah, each of the Zero missions we did came during the day.

Also, are you talking about the Fire Truck Missions where you steal a fire truck and click R3 to initiate them? If so, that's another one that went extremely smoothly for me. We did it in San Fierro by our little garage. We had about 5 minutes to spare by the time we finished level 12.

On the flip side, I gave the police missions a shot while on a police motorcycle. I made it to level 4 on my first go around then failed. I can't remember if that one was tough for me in the past or not. I didn't have a lot of weaponry, so that could have been part of it.

No bro, I am talking about the very last mission where you're chasing the cop and trying to save your brother Sweet (he's hanging off the ladder of the truck). It's called End of the Line I believe or something of sorts.

I am tempted to play this game now, it's my favorite non-modern game of all-time.

If I had to rank my five favorites games of all-time:

Uncharted 3
Uncharted 2
San Andreas
007: Goldeneye
Red Dead Redemption

Rake2204
12-12-2012, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
12-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Oh I gotcha now. I forgot about that mission, for I do not believe I've played it since '05.

Nice top five too. I never got into the Uncharteds, but those last three choices are right up my alley. I didn't buy Red Dead Redemption until earlier this year, but I'm glad I finally did. I'd say it's undoubtedly in my Top Five all-time.

Have you played the Uncharted series or just didn't like it?
I also loved the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 (on Xbox); Combat Evolved and Super Mario 3 (SNES).

Original Driver on PlayStation 1 was a game I put in a lot of hours. Same with GTA 3 (didn't like Vice City too much though for some reason). As a revisionist, I'm actually forgetting what were my favorite old gen games now. I used to love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and basically all of the Mario games. But I played MOSTLY sport games on SNES when I was an adolescent.

Rake2204
12-13-2012, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=rhythmic

rhythmic
12-19-2012, 04:43 AM
I've never played the Uncharteds. Also, Super Mario 3 was for the NES, no? Or were you referring to Super Mario World? I also very much enjoyed playing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games. I even liked the first one, with the top down map view and impossible swimming level.

Well I had Super Mario All-Stars for SNES, so I played Super Mario 3 on super. But yeah it was originally developed on NES as a stand-alone game.

You need to play Uncharted, how on earth have you not played this masterpiece yet?

Bosnian Sajo
12-22-2012, 07:27 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: YES! I ****ing HATED that mission with a passion, every time I failed I would get so mad and Smoke's smart ass comment didn't help either.

rhythmic
12-23-2012, 12:52 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: YES! I ****ing HATED that mission with a passion, every time I failed I would get so mad and Smoke's smart ass comment didn't help either.

Was that the mission where you and Smoke are on a bike and you got a bunch of enemies on top of the train shooting at you?

It's one of the earlier missions, and it wasn't hard at all. :confusedshrug:

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Nobody else thought learning to fly the plane was hard? :oldlol:

Guess I'm just trash on the sticks then.

rhythmic
12-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Nobody else thought learning to fly the plane was hard? :oldlol:

Guess I'm just trash on the sticks then.

Sure was, but only because I wasn't sensitive enough on the analog stick.
Once I figured it out, it wasn't too bad. I completed most tasks under 3 tries.

I loved the driving and flying schools though, man SA was so DEEP.