PDA

View Full Version : What will Baron Davis do now with Brand joining Sixers? Join Clips still, back out?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:46 PM
and has only VERBALLY agreed to join the Clippers, can he back out now that Brand is going to Philly?

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 08:47 PM
from my understanding a verbal contract is as good as signing a contract...same as a handshake..once u agree...u agree.

qrich
07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
One can flip around and say "since Elton hasn't signed with Philly yet, can he still go elsewhere or go back to LA".

ElPigto
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
from my understanding a verbal contract is as good as signing a contract...same as a handshake..once u agree...u agree.

Didn't mean crap from Boozer.

qrich
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM

Boozer was getting lowballed, Davis isn't.

JordanL
07-08-2008, 08:50 PM

Depends on whether the "verbal agreement" was under the assumption that Brand was resigned, which it almost certainly was.

iggy>
07-08-2008, 08:53 PM
i think baron wants to be a clipper with or without brand.

Posterize246
One can flip around and say "since Elton hasn't signed with Philly yet, can he still go elsewhere or go back to LA".
They can...but Baron Davis was signing with LAC in the hope that he'd play with Brand. So I don't think it works both ways

NoGunzJustSkillz
i hope somebody posts what b diddy thinks of all this.

ConanRulesNBC
07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
He chose the wrong team in LA to sign with now that Brand is probably gone.

Im so nba'd out
07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
He only made a verbal commitment to join the clippers he could go back on his word and sign to another team?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
I didn't think he would have to sign since nothing can be made official. Maybe I'm wrong. Just thought it was like when a college player commits to a school, but it doesn't mean anything until he signs his letter of intent.

iggy>
07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
clippers can still get somebody, whether its randolph, okafor, smith, or resigning maggette. baron will not back out of the deal.

Im so nba'd out
07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
sorry didnt see other thread

boozehound
07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
heres the deal that people seem to forget/ignore. if there was a verbal agreement or understanding between booz and cleveland, it would have violated the cba and been considered collusion. a verbal agreement aint shi except among gentleman. ya falkin pantywaisted gentleman. straight up goon!

Valliant13
Legally: yes he can. The NBA specifically prohibits any kind of binding contract, writen or otherwise, until July 9th. His rep might take a hit, but it is well within the rules for him to sign with anyone he wants.

boozehound
clippers can still get somebody, whether its randolph, okafor, smith, or resigning maggette. baron will not back out of the deal.
yep. he dont wanna play for donnie "beercan" nelson

qrich
07-08-2008, 09:10 PM

I wouldn't take anyone off that list unless you can mesh Randolph and Okafor. I'd rather sign minimum guys then try to make a splash next offseason while adding Jennings this summer. I'd even let Davis go elsewhere if he wants

Edit: I just find it ironic we could have had Emeka Okafor or Dwight Howard but chose to trade down for Shaun Livingston instead.

ZHAKIDD532
07-08-2008, 09:12 PM
This is gonna be interesting, I can't imagine Baron will stay if this is true, he has no reason to. And if that's true, does GS take him back?

Mateo
07-08-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't understand the problem. If you were to accept a job offer from a company, then received an offer from another company before your start date, that would be perfectly acceptable. A contract hasn't been signed. Until Davis' pen touches the paper, he's a free agent.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't understand the problem. If you were to accept a job offer from a company, then received an offer from another company before your start date, that would be perfectly acceptable. A contract hasn't been signed. Until Davis' pen touches the paper, he's a free agent.

take a couple business classes please...not saying it applies to this situation because it's different with the nba's rules for when teams can agree to terms with players. to me this is a unique situation.

Valliant13
07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
take a couple business classes please...not saying it applies to this situation because it's different with the nba's rules for when teams can agree to terms with players. to me this is a unique situation.

Baron had prelimary discussions with the Clippers, not a verbal contact. The CBA specifically prohibits any closure of negotiations before July 9th. Baron had a conversation with the Clips, not a contract...of any sort.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Baron had prelimary discussions with the Clippers, not a verbal contact. The CBA specifically prohibits any closure of negotiations before July 9th. Baron had a conversation with the Clips, not a contract...of any sort.

he had a verbal agreement.

Valliant13
07-08-2008, 09:20 PM
he had a verbal agreement.

But not a legally binding one...since that is specially not allowed under the CBA.

Mateo
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM

I've reneged on job offers before and didn't feel bad about it. Until I start working, I'm not an official employee yet.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
But not a legally binding one...since that is specially not allowed under the CBA.

hey i'm not disagreeing with you. just saying...i hope b diddy bounces and the clipps get screwed again.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I've reneged on job offers before and didn't feel bad about it. Until I start working, I'm not an official employee yet.

ok.

ElPigto
07-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Boozer was getting lowballed, Davis isn't.

That's not the point I'm trying to get across. My point is that there have been verbal agreements in the past and they didn't exactly turn out like they were suppose to.

Remember John Salmons. Dude was suppose to play for the Raptors, yet he said God didn't want him there and suddenly he is a King although he had a verbal agreement.

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Baron would have no where else to go, he doesn't want to play in GSW cuz of Nelson and Clippers were the only other team stepping up. He has no choice, he is ****ed... Karma is a ***** Baron

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Baron would have no where else to go, he doesn't want to play in GSW cuz of Nelson and Clippers were the only other team stepping up. He has no choice, he is ****ed... Karma is a ***** Baron
Idt the warriors could afford him anymore with maggette going there anyway. But oh well. I feel bad for Baron if he really did agree to the contract because of Brand

qrich
07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
That's not the point I'm trying to get across. My point is that there have been verbal agreements in the past and they didn't exactly turn out like they were suppose to.

Remember John Salmons. Dude was suppose to play for the Raptors, yet he said God didn't want him there and suddenly he is a King although he had a verbal agreement.

Oh ok, got you. You're right, and I don't blame Baron for doing it, if he does, but I think he wants to play in LA

wang4three
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Verbal agreements don't mean **** till you sign the piece of paper. Go ask Eric Gordon.

Anyone following college basketball knows that decommitting is part of the game. I doubt it's any different in the NBA.

ElPigto
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Oh ok, got you. You're right, and I don't blame Baron for doing it, if he does, but I think he wants to play in LA

Well, Baron won't really have any money offers elsewhere. The Warriors are set to offer Maggette 50M, Elton is going to the Sixers. No one has cap space that is going to try to lure Baron away anymore.

Baron is stuck in LA, too bad things didn't turn out how they were suppose to be.

ZHAKIDD532
07-08-2008, 09:34 PM
The only thing that can free Davis now is if in the verbal agreement it was stated that Elton Brand had to resign or he could go elsewhere...

Posterize246
Verbal agreements don't mean **** till you sign the piece of paper. Go ask Eric Gordon.

Anyone following college basketball knows that decommitting is part of the game. I doubt it's any different in the NBA.
Exactly what I said

verbal agreement is like a commitment
signing the contract is the letter of intent

qrich
Well, Baron won't really have any money offers elsewhere. The Warriors are set to offer Maggette 50M, Elton is going to the Sixers. No one has cap space that is going to try to lure Baron away anymore.

Baron is stuck in LA, too bad things didn't turn out how they were suppose to be.

Well, if he thinks he can remain healthy, he could sign for the MLE somewhere for one season then get a big contract next season

Valliant13
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I have a feeling there is going to be at least one more big twist in this story. Maybe a last minute sign and trade.

qrich
07-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a feeling there is going to be at least one more big twist in this story. Maybe a last minute sign and trade.

Could happen, but won't be much of a big twist. It might be Elton S&T'd for the Wolves 2nd rounder which Phila acquired or Jason Smith or something, but won't be anything worth ****, at least to the Clippers

ElPigto
07-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Well, if he thinks he can remain healthy, he could sign for the MLE somewhere for one season then get a big contract next season

The odds of that happening are slim. Regardless of how hard you train and try to keep away from injury, there will always be the risk of injury. From a business standpoint, you take the money the Clippers are giving you and never look back. It's just financially smart, you don't put yourself in a vulnerable position unless you REALLY REALLY want to win. Honestly, the way I would see it, I can win later in life I'll make the money now while I'm still young.

picc84
07-08-2008, 09:40 PM
If I were Baron i'd say fucc the verbal agreement. But he is from LA so he might have more incentive.

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
If I were Baron i'd say fucc the verbal agreement. But he is from LA so he might have more incentive.
there are no other takers though..

Hopper15
07-08-2008, 09:48 PM
No one can offer 5 years 65 mil, Baron is stuck.

2LeTTeRS
07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
If Baron were to change his mind nobody could blame him, him agreeing was with the intention of playing with Elton. The only problem is he would be stuck in a market that now just includes Memphis and the Clips. I say it would be in his best interest to tuck tail and try to get Golden State to change their mind and decide to offer him back some of that money that he left on the table.

gts
07-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Qrich, should the clippers pull the offer to baron and regrop? get ready to make a run at one of the big 2010 free agents instead? they have the perfect chance right now to do it

ElPigto
07-08-2008, 09:52 PM
If Baron were to change his mind nobody could blame him, him agreeing was with the intention of playing with Elton. The only problem is he would be stuck in a market that now just includes Memphis and the Clips. I say it would be in his best interest to tuck tail and try to get Golden State to change their mind and decide to offer him back some of that money that he left on the table.

They've offered it to Maggette though. They had to renounce his rights to do so. His only choice is sign with LA, or break off the verbal agreement and go sign for a 1 year deal MLE (like qrich suggested) elsewhere. I doubt he would be stupid enough to do that.

qrich
07-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Qrich, should the clippers pull the offer to baron and regrop? get ready to make a run at one of the big 2010 free agents instead? they have the perfect chance right now to do it

They should, but it won't happen. Since we are screwed for good at the moment, I'd try to see if the Warriors will take Davis, he signs there, then we S&T Maggette to Golden State for someone like Harrington and Bellinelli. Al expires in 2010[along with T2 and Cat] and Belli can compete with Gordon for the SG position or they can start together as they both reportedly have good ball handling skills. Warriors get right back into the thick of things with a starting unit of: Davis-Ellis-Maggs-??-Biedrins. Jackson being the 6th man. But it won't happen, Barons here to stay, we'll overpay for someone like Krstic or something, and be stuck in hell.

ihatetimthomas
07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
To be honest, I think he wants to stay in LA (his hometown) and i think that was a huge factor for him coming here. Even if Brand leaves, I expect him to stay. I think he wants to end his career in the town he grew up in. Playing with Brand was just a bonus added

FireMcFailPlease
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I think he'll stay in LA also

bjtrdff
07-08-2008, 10:03 PM
He'll stay. It's his hometown, and he's an elite player. Plus it's not like the Clippers can't just throw a ton of money to a restricted free agent, and hope they won't match. I think it's doubtful Atlanta would match a max deal for Josh Smith. Ditto for Okafor. Put either of those guys there, and the Clips are still a good team.

I wouldnt mind them throwing cash at Iggy, just for the hilarity.

aznboy2k2
07-08-2008, 10:04 PM
If the Clippers can sign either

Smith, Lee, or Okafor.

They should be fine.

Elton Brand was messed up last year. Never really know how he is gonna bounce back this year.

Hotlantadude81
07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
i think baron wants to be a clipper with or without brand.

He must be really dumb then.

2LeTTeRS
07-08-2008, 10:39 PM
If the Clippers can sign either

Smith, Lee, or Okafor.

They should be fine.

Elton Brand was messed up last year. Never really know how he is gonna bounce back this year.

Not sure what Lee you're talking about, but I do see the Clips making a run at Josh Smith if Brand doesn't sign. They can give that same 5 years $75 mil to Smith, who would be an ideal running partner mate for Baron. Would the Hawks really match that deal? I doubt it.

Mathius
07-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Well, whatever happens there should be some answers in a couple of hours. It's 10:40pm here, so it should be like 6:40 in LA. I'd have to assume with a big deal like this, they'd want the ink down asap, which could mean midnight. less than 6 hours.

Mathius

picc84
07-08-2008, 10:44 PM
The press conference for his signing tomorrow has been CANCELLED according to the Joe McDonnel show.

Cancelled. Bdiddy aint havin this.

picc84
07-08-2008, 10:46 PM
As per the Joe Mcdonnell show.

They called his reps earlier in the day and asked for an interview. They were told that he wont be doing interviews after the press conference.

They called now and were told that there wont be a press conference tomorrow.

From LG.net

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
The press conference for his signing tomorrow has been CANCELLED according to the Joe McDonnel show.

Cancelled. Bdiddy aint havin this.
ut oh

2LeTTeRS
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I believe it. Could things have turned out worse or Baron? He turned down what $18 mil, and now he's only going to get a fraction of that next year.

Myth
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
But I want Baron to go to the Clippers without Brand. :(

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 11:03 PM
damn i just smoked a fat blunt and came on ish...thought u said elton brand's press conference was canceled...i went nuts for a min.

bjtrdff
07-08-2008, 11:04 PM
I believe it. Could things have turned out worse or Baron? He turned down what $18 mil, and now he's only going to get a fraction of that next year.

I wouldn't exactly say a fraction. He's getting over 2/3rds of it for the first year, and has a deal locked in for the next 5.

And it's not over, remember that ****load of unrestricted free agents from the class of 2004? There's a ton that won't get matched if a team offers enough.

Josh Smith, Okafor, Iggy, Deng. One or two of those might, but not all 4. And if the Clips throw the same amount of money at them, they could turn this around really fast.

crisoner
07-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wonder who the CLips will get now.

Damn......sucks for the so called Clipper Nation.

gts
07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I wonder who the CLips will get now.

Damn......sucks for the so called Clipper Nation.
no the clips are in good shape, that have tons of cap room, they just need to hold tight for two years, not do anything silly and make a run at one of the big names in 2010

BMOGEFan
07-08-2008, 11:09 PM

don't make up law.

an oral contract is only valid if it was it is not under the statute of frauds.

In employment contracts, the statute of frauds only applies to performances that cannot be performed within 1 year. therefore there is no contract. NOOB.

so technically, 10 day contracts and 1 year contracts do not need to be in writing.

philahoops
07-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Clips were just gutted for over 40 points and 15 boards, I'd explore other options if I were Baron.

YAWN
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Baron just cancelled the press conference scheduled for tomorrow hmmmm:confusedshrug:

nevetslc88
07-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Baron just cancelled the press conference scheduled for tomorrow hmmmm:confusedshrug:

Going Next door to say hi to Mitch thats why. :D

Sign for 1 year with the lakers baron and then we can resign him once odom contract expire.

RandomBalla55
07-08-2008, 11:23 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

This is epic. IF BDiddy leaves the Clippers in the dust, Brand is phucking going to get his ass royally destroyed when he comes back to LA.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:29 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

This is epic. IF BDiddy leaves the Clippers in the dust, Brand is phucking going to get his ass royally destroyed when he comes back to LA.
In a Sixers win no less:D

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 11:35 PM
I'll laugh my ass off if Baron backs out, which he shouldn't Clipps got a squad.

Al Thornton is a beast
Kaman
Baron

as the big 3

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll laugh my ass off if Baron backs out, which he shouldn't Clipps got a squad.

Al Thornton is a beast
Kaman
Baron

as the big 3
Thornton is a stud, but I think he'll be similar to Maggette. As in if he's scoring you 20ppg, your probably losing

StroShow4
07-08-2008, 11:37 PM

:oldlol: :roll:

poor clippers. :ohwell:

High Potential
07-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Relax clips fans, Lord Baron probably just canceled the press conference because he knew he'd be hungover, I doubt he'd pass up a chance to come play in the city he grew up in and where he is king.

Interminator
07-09-2008, 12:13 AM
In the same position he is in now with Elton Brand heading to Philly,what would you do?

Choices:

1.Stay true to your word and sign with the Los Angeles Clippers tommorrow for 5/$65 Million.

2.Sign with the Miami Heat to a 1/$5.8 MLE and re-sign to a bigger contract next season with Miami or elsewhere.

Which one would you take?

Piercethetruth
07-09-2008, 12:14 AM
and has only VERBALLY agreed to join the Clippers, can he back out now that Brand is going to Philly?

Might as well. The Clippers won't make the playoffs now.

Put Back Dunk
07-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Wow. If Baron backs out that leaves the Clippers with;

Kaman
Thornton
Eric Gordon
Shaun Livingston's poplocking knee

Top 3 pick next year (unless they get f*cked in the lotto)

Younggrease
07-09-2008, 12:16 AM

Al Thornton is a beast
Kaman
Baron

as the big 3

If BD has the opportunity to back out and doesnt I will lose a lot of respect for him...

iggy>
07-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Relax clips fans, Lord Baron probably just canceled the press conference because he knew he'd be hungover, I doubt he'd pass up a chance to come play in the city he grew up in and where he is king.
i agree. baron now has a long term deal to play in his home town. its not really that bad of a situation, especially since the clippers still have the cap space to make a run @ someone else.

you must remember giving money to a player coming off a serious injury like the one brand suffured, is a HUGE risk. maybe sterling didnt want to tie all that money into a risk like that. (or maybe hes just cheap, who knows:confusedshrug: )

bokes15
07-09-2008, 12:17 AM
#1, I don't think he can because i'm pretty sure verbal contracts are binding.. and #2, even though his team is gonna suck, he's gonna have his pockets filled for the next 5 years as he begins to decline.

L.Kizzle
07-09-2008, 12:20 AM
In the same position he is in now with Elton Brand heading to Philly,what would you do?

Choices:

1.Stay true to your word and sign with the Los Angeles Clippers tommorrow for 5/$65 Million.

2.Sign with the Miami Heat to a 1/$5.8 MLE and re-sign to a bigger contract next season with Miami or elsewhere.

Let's be real, he only was goin to the Clipps because of Brand ...

GOBB
07-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Baron Davis backs out. You guys think he will get 5yrs $65mil somewhere else? Because he backs out...he will have to take a paycut. And I dont think he opted out to do that.

So where does Baron go if he backs out. Teams would have to scramble to clear cap space. Memphis has money and they wont sign him. Sixers used up thier cap space. GSW moved on.

johndeeregreen
07-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Baron Davis, sign for the mid-level exception?:oldlol: With one of the worst teams in the league?:oldlol:

iggy>
07-09-2008, 12:21 AM

Choices:

stay with the clippers.

bokes15
07-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Baron Davis backs out. You guys think he will get 5yrs $65mil somewhere else? Because he backs out...he will have to take a paycut. And I dont think he opted out to do that.

So where does Baron go if he backs out. Teams would have to scramble to clear cap space. Memphis has money and they wont sign him. Sixers used up thier cap space. GSW moved on.
exactly.. it's not like the guy has so many options. he pretty much took a gamble by opting out of GS. Financially he got exactly what he wanted, so he'll just have to live it down that his team just lost it's best 2 players.

Interminator
07-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Baron Davis, sign for the mid-level exception?:oldlol: With one of the worst teams in the league?:oldlol:
Miami was one of the worst teams in the league.

You can suggest they are bad but seriously

Baron-Wade-Marion-Beasley is the deadliest quartet in over a decade.:confusedshrug:

Pat Riley can pull of deals and free agent signings like that.:confusedshrug:

It's risky but I'd take the MLE and play in Miami and get a bigger contract next season by re-signing.

johndeeregreen
07-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Baron Davis isn't signing for the mid-level anywhere, period.

High Potential
Losing Maggete is more of an addition by subtraction friendo.

wally_world
#3 sign MLE with 76ers! :rockon:

sixerfan82
07-09-2008, 12:29 AM

wouldnt that be nuts?

philly would be instant title contenders hehe

iggy>
07-09-2008, 12:30 AM
:rolleyes:

Interminator
07-09-2008, 12:31 AM
wouldnt that be nuts?

philly would be instant title contenders hehe
Would Baron play the 2?

Andre
Baron
Iggy
Brand
SD

:roll: I dont care what anyone has to say that team would be better than the Celtics.

yobore
07-09-2008, 12:32 AM

Baron-Wade-Marion-Beasley is the deadliest quartet in over a decade.:confusedshrug:

It's risky but I'd take the MLE and play in Miami and get a bigger contract next season by re-signing. lol

Copperhead
Baron WANTS to be in L.A. I think he was going there more for the money, to be able to be closer to his movie producing and to be home close to his granny. I think he puts those 3 things above winning so I think he'll stay in L.A.

What's cracking me up is Brand specifically asked for Baron and then he bolted. :roll:

Brand told ESPN.com on June 30 that his "intention is to stay" with the Clippers, while Falk spoke optimistically of Brand signing a deal to "finish his career with the Clippers" if the team could make another significant personnel acquisition or two. ESPN.com reported late last week that Davis was the player Brand specifically asked Clippers management to chase in June.

iggy>
Would Baron play the 2?

Andre
Baron
Iggy
Brand
SD

:roll: I dont care what anyone has to say that team would be better than the Celtics.
wow

ChrisKreager
07-09-2008, 12:37 AM
I think he may back out if Maggette joins the Warriors,

gts
07-09-2008, 12:38 AM

It's risky but I'd take the MLE and play in Miami and get a bigger contract next season by re-signing. it's ultra risky because he can't do that, (unless they cleared cap space)... a team doesn't get bird rights on a free agent until after 3 years.. so all he would get next year is another MLE contract.. he's better off taking the MLE and 8% raises yearly.. or stick with the clipps who can offer him a much larger check...

exaqtion
07-09-2008, 12:38 AM
He should def. backout. He wont tho cuz its his hometown but damn. :confusedshrug:

Interminator
07-09-2008, 12:39 AM
I think he may back out if Maggette joins the Warriors,
I dont think Baron ever expected to even play with Maggette.

GOBB
07-09-2008, 01:04 AM

Choices:

So he turns down $17mil he was guranteed to make with GSW in order to opt out and take a $5.8mil 1yr deal? :roll:

Yeah the $11mil aint that big of a deal. Considering he signed with the LAC because of MONEY ($65mil for 5yrs? Again who was offering that!). And sure you'll tell me "He'll get his money next offseason". He could have stayed a Warrior and got money next offseason as well. :confusedshrug:

Strange things happen but this would be a stupid choice on his part. And dude has a hard on for the West Coast. I know Miami is attractive but I dont see him leaving the West Coast.

GOBB
07-09-2008, 01:07 AM
it's ultra risky because he can't do that, (unless they cleared cap space)... a team doesn't get bird rights on a free agent until after 3 years.. so all he would get next year is another MLE contract.. he's better off taking the MLE and 8% raises yearly.. or stick with the clipps who can offer him a much larger check...

Shyt that definately would be a dumb decision on Baron's part if he did the Miami thing.

final.wrath
07-09-2008, 01:54 AM
I'd rather sign minimum guys then try to make a splash next offseason while adding Jennings this summer.

of course you'd like to add jennings, but lets remember this isn't a huge possibility and just a small chance instead.

just like it was a sure thing the clippers were contenders this time last week, and now look what happened.

bdreason
07-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Verbal committments don't mean shyt.

Sign the dotted line and I'll believe.

And where is this official news coming from the Brand signed with 76ers?

Once again, it's all hype until they sign the contract.

R.I.P.
07-09-2008, 04:32 AM
Why would the Clippers want him? He

loot
07-09-2008, 04:36 AM
Hey Gobb... **** you and the Sixers.:oldlol:

kidachi
07-09-2008, 06:52 AM
go back to the warriors baron..

run and gun baby.

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Verbal committments don't mean shyt.

Sign the dotted line and I'll believe.

And where is this official news coming from the Brand signed with 76ers?

Once again, it's all hype until they sign the contract.

Open your eyes

Thom.Yorke
07-09-2008, 11:27 AM
you want a ring davis, go to the lakers. period. you want be stuck in a team going nowhere go to the clippers.

it comes down to you want a ring or money.

elz
07-09-2008, 11:33 AM

Thats not true
If Baron backed out there's a few teams that would do trades to aquire B Diddy. With the impact all star Pt guards are having, a major trade would go down to get him before the season starts.
you're jumping the gun.

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Well today's decision day. Can anybody confirm if he really did cancel his press conference?

Rasheed1
07-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Well today's decision day. Can anybody confirm if he really did cancel his press conference?

From what I read he has been here since last night..Stopped returning the clipps calls and whatnot...

that dude knew he wanted to bolt the clippers for a minute now :oldlol: He gamed their front office :banana: that's cold, but hey we've had it done to us before Im sure

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 11:41 AM
From what I read he has been here since last night..Stopped returning the clipps calls and whatnot...

that dude knew he wanted to bolt the clippers for a minute now :oldlol: He gamed their front office :banana: that's cold, but hey we've had it done to us before Im sure
I'm talking about Baron Davis buddy. Someobody reported that after the Brand news broke that Davis had canceled his press conference for his signing today.

Rasheed1
07-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm talking about Baron Davis buddy. Someobody reported that after the Brand news broke that Davis had canceled his press conference for his signing today.

Oh, I think Davis is still signing with the Clipps... He cant really go back to GS could he? He hates Nellie and that was supposedly his motivation for leaving, plus he is back in LA where he wanted to be and he'll still get paid a grip

I think he is stuck, unless he wants to renig and shop himself around the league... But who can pay him besides LA or GS?

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Memphis has the available money for Baron. Not that he would want to go there...but if he wants a sign and trade to go elsewhere he could use their help.

Anybody else think that is possible?

qrich
07-09-2008, 12:22 PM

There wasn't even a press conference scheduled for today

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 12:23 PM
There wasn't even a press conference scheduled for today
I guess that answers my question

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
to baron

get your ass back to gstate dumb idiot, moron jackass, rollerskating ***, cube eyeglass wearin emo lookin mofo.....gstate has 9 mil left on their cap for this (this 9 mil is after them signing #50 for $50 mil) bd you gotta understand that it is not worth it that you go through hell for 5 years thats 410 games of pure hell and staring at billy crystals jewish ass for no reason when you could enjoy basketball, have you ever watched a clipper game, mike dunleavy is the worst coach for flashy pguards its nuts that any good guard would consider playing for him. But all this thread is is pure speculation that may not end for weeks but it should end within the next 2 days. hopefully

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 01:00 PM
to baron

get your ass back to gstate dumb idiot, moron jackass, rollerskating ***, cube eyeglass wearin emo lookin mofo.....gstate has 9 mil left on their cap for this (this 9 mil is after them signing #50 for $50 mil) bd you gotta understand that it is not worth it that you go through hell for 5 years thats 410 games of pure hell and staring at billy crystals jewish ass for no reason when you could enjoy basketball, have you ever watched a clipper game, mike dunleavy is the worst coach for flashy pguards its nuts that any good guard would consider playing for him. But all this thread is is pure speculation that may not end for weeks but it should end within the next 2 days. hopefully
they signed turiaf too didn't they?

WorldWarriors
07-09-2008, 01:06 PM
to baron

Sorry but they arent going to hook him up for 5 years, lol. And with the price of airfare It's cheaper for him to live in L.A.

Detroitguy113
07-09-2008, 01:06 PM
That would be so solid if he backed out. I doubt he's looking to do that since I've heard for a while he wanted to play in LA... but with Maggette and Brand gone like that... he's left in a way worse spot than he was in Golden State.

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 01:19 PM
they signed turiaf too didn't they?

since when? maybe to an offer sheet and they somewhat lowballed him i think, but the lakers should match he is a part of that fake energy bench they got going over there. i still think the warriors have a chance give him 10 mil one year contract to reprove himself one more year and then get a 2nd chance to do his financial investment thing again. dumb idiot

qrich
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
since when? maybe to an offer sheet and they somewhat lowballed him i think, but the lakers should match he is a part of that fake energy bench they got going over there. i still think the warriors have a chance give him 10 mil one year contract to reprove himself one more year and then get a 2nd chance to do his financial investment thing again. dumb idiot

You expect an injury prone PG to sign a one year deal for 10 mil[when he passed a 17+mil deal] and your calling HIM an idiot? :oldlol:

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 01:40 PM
To an offer sheet. 4 years 17 mil. Thats a hefty deal for LA to match.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=432573

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
You expect an injury prone PG to sign a one year deal for 10 mil[when he passed a 17+mil deal] and your calling HIM an idiot? :oldlol:

you are an absolute baffoon, dude, who in their right ****ing mind wants to play for the clippers that just became half the clippers, the dude has got money in the bank already, he will play for 10 mil i bet 1 month avatar, if he signs with the clipps, you get what i pick if he does not

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
To an offer sheet. 4 years 17 mil. Thats a hefty deal for LA to match.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=432573

4.25 mil is a lot for a team based in la, gimme a break

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 01:56 PM
4.25 mil is a lot for a team based in la, gimme a break
What does where they play have to do with anything? Everyone has the same salary cap. And why the **** would Baron sign a 1 year 10 mil deal? Peope want security in years. That's dumb as hell

qrich
07-09-2008, 02:07 PM
you are an absolute baffoon, dude, who in their right ****ing mind wants to play for the clippers that just became half the clippers, the dude has got money in the bank already, he will play for 10 mil i bet 1 month avatar, if he signs with the clipps, you get what i pick if he does not

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: How ignorant are you? You're saying that Baron WILL sign a contract for 1 year at 7 mill less then what his player option was and if he doesn't, I pick an avatar for you to use? Ok kid.

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:08 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: How ignorant are you? You're saying that Baron WILL sign a contract for 1 year at 7 mill less then what his player option was and if he doesn't, I pick an avatar for you to use? Ok kid.
It's not even worth it. He's got 150 posts. You'll hardly see him if you pick his avy

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
What does where they play have to do with anything? Everyone has the same salary cap. And why the **** would Baron sign a 1 year 10 mil deal? Peope want security in years. That's dumb as hell

1st question why does it matter where they play

1st answer look at all the great teams or great teams to be that play in major us markets, the chicago of old was over the cap constantly, look at new york, way over the cap, la when shaq and kobe where there also over the cap. owners in big markets are willing to invest because it pays dividends, literally.

2nd question stupid idea of a contract
2nd answer i can not see bd playing in such an anticlimatic scene after playing that is worth something i.e the playoffs, a big crowd, the clippers had i think between 6-10 sellouts last year, horrible, who wants to play there, one can not be satisfied with just makin money and nobody knowing you exist as a player when he was a top 10 nba player last season or the season before.

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:11 PM

1st, unless you are twice my age which i highly doubt, you have no right to use age defining terms such as kid.
2nd, what i suggested was if he signs with the clippers you very well can pick out anything but if he goes anywhere else the opposite goes

3rd, no need for copping attitudes this is a message forum not your family reunion

qrich
07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
1st, unless you are twice my age which i highly doubt, you have no right to use age defining terms such as kid.
2nd, what i suggested was if he signs with the clippers you very well can pick out anything but if he goes anywhere else the opposite goes

3rd, no need for copping attitudes this is a message forum not your family reunion

:oldlol: Where did I say he'll sign for sure with the Clippers? I didn't, you said he'll sign a one year deal for 10 mil, and that's how it is.

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
1st question why does it matter where they play

1st answer look at all the great teams or great teams to be that play in major us markets, the chicago of old was over the cap constantly, look at new york, way over the cap, la when shaq and kobe where there also over the cap. owners in big markets are willing to invest because it pays dividends, literally.

2nd question stupid idea of a contract
2nd answer i can not see bd playing in such an anticlimatic scene after playing that is worth something i.e the playoffs, a big crowd, the clippers had i think between 6-10 sellouts last year, horrible, who wants to play there, one can not be satisfied with just makin money and nobody knowing you exist as a player when he was a top 10 nba player last season or the season before.

Being over the cap has no relation to a big market. Milwaukee is well over the cap, as is Denver, Toronto, etc. The cap has nothing to do with the market

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
:oldlol: Where did I say he'll sign for sure with the Clippers? I didn't, you said he'll sign a one year deal for 10 mil, and that's how it is.

ok i roll with that , i say he signs a 2 yr contract, the 2nd being a player option or team option, worth about 18-24 mil,

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Being over the cap has no relation to a big market. Milwaukee is well over the cap, as is Denver, Toronto, etc. The cap has nothing to do with the market

yes it absolutely does, the influx of businessmen and jobs, and anything related to money happens in major cities, if you were an investor, such as all nba team owners are where would you invest your money, in louisville kentucky or a third team in the ny area? the bigger the market the larger the chances of an owner recouping and therefore not being worried about being over the cap just making sure that his team stays relevant and competitive

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:23 PM
yes it absolutely does, the influx of businessmen and jobs, and anything related to money happens in major cities, if you were an investor, such as all nba team owners are where would you invest your money, in louisville kentucky or a third team in the ny area? the bigger the market the larger the chances of an owner recouping and therefore not being worried about being over the cap just making sure that his team stays relevant and competitive
Since when does Ronny Turiaf make his team relevant and competitive? I think you're getting away from the original topic

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:25 PM

also just looked up your bullspit facts that amount to 1/3 correct and 2/3 garbage out of mouth

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3480247

the only 8 teams that are paying luxury tax

ny
dallas
cleveland
denver
miami
boston
lakers
and the suns

6 are huge markets, and denver and cleveland are also pretty big compared to san antonio, and milwaukee, or portland

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:26 PM
also just looked up your bullspit facts that amount to 1/3 correct and 2/3 garbage out of mouth

ny
dallas
cleveland
denver
miami
boston
lakers
and the suns

6 are huge markets, and denver and cleveland are also pretty big compared to san antonio, and milwaukee, or portland

That's because we are in the free agency period. As soon as they resign/sign their guys...they are right over the cap again.

baseketball4life
07-09-2008, 02:27 PM
yeah he might aswell have stayed in GSW for 1 year 18 million that he turned down

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Since when does Ronny Turiaf make his team relevant and competitive? I think you're getting away from the original topic

its ok dude, at least ur favorite team didn't lose their best player and then in turn your favorite player might end up on the most irrelevant team to date.

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:28 PM

ny
dallas
cleveland
denver
miami
boston
lakers
and the suns

And when have those teams become major markets???

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:29 PM
That's because we are in the free agency period. As soon as they resign/sign their guys...they are right over the cap again.

such as who, details, no more bull crap wanna be facts, who will be right over the cap, name one small market franchise

baseketball4life
its ok dude, at least ur favorite team didn't lose their best player and then in turn your favorite player might end up on the most irrelevant team to date.
baron should go back to the warriors, they have 9-10 million in cap space even after they sign ellis and biedrins.. they can give BD a 5 year 50 million deal.. which is dirt cheap but they would have a good chance at PO's with Maggette

bd#1pguard

have you ever been outside that little shack of yours ( no offense) do some traveling and research

baseketball4life
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
warriors reportedly are going after Josh Smith at a 10 million per year rate

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:33 PM

check this list out jackass

do some Fin research before speaking dammit dumb ppl

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PressReleases1999_1st/Jan99_StrYE.htm

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:34 PM
such as who, details, no more bull crap wanna be facts, who will be right over the cap, name one small market franchise
Denver's salary adds up to approximately 71 mil WITHOUT the resigning of JR Smith or the signing of their rookie Sonny Weems.Cap is about 58 mil

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=den&sort=null

add up the salary for yourself bro

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
baron should go back to the warriors, they have 9-10 million in cap space even after they sign ellis and biedrins.. they can give BD a 5 year 50 million deal.. which is dirt cheap but they would have a good chance at PO's with Maggette

i completely agree, i don't see why they are pursuin josh smith though, i don't think he has what he needs to survive there, he needs easy buckets and unless monta has transformed himself into a pg by summer's end he will not find those there as much as last year. sure there will be fast breaks but with bd gone not as many as we w's fans are used to, and turiaf is also useless i don't think we need him aswell, not that i think smith is going to be lured away from atlanta that easily, and turiaf is well liked in la, i think he will stay too, the clipps want okafur, to make up for brand

this offseason so far is garbage, imo

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:37 PM
check this list out jackass

do some Fin research before speaking dammit dumb ppl

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PressReleases1999_1st/Jan99_StrYE.htm
you gave a list from 1998:oldlol: haven't you heard the big markets of the NBA are New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, LA,Miami, and Atlanta? When was the last time Cleveland or Milwaukee was considered a major market? Why do you think there's speculation about LeBron leaving Cleveland for a major market (New York)

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Denver's salary adds up to approximately 71 mil WITHOUT the resigning of JR Smith or the signing of their rookie Sonny Weems.Cap is about 58 mil

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=den&sort=null

add up the salary for yourself bro

denver is NOT a small market franchise, i repeat denver is not a small market franchise, pick up a newspaper, read the business section once in a while, learn what market means and then come back and educate me for i must hav elost my touch. on a sidenote, weed is not legal in denver due to the state statutes that may or may not be enforced depending on the judge

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:40 PM
denver is NOT a small market franchise, i repeat denver is not a small market franchise, pick up a newspaper, read the business section once in a while, learn what market means and then come back and educate me for i must hav elost my touch. on a sidenote, weed is not legal in denver due to the state statutes that may or may not be enforced depending on the judge
Give me some small markets. Please.

baseketball4life
07-09-2008, 02:41 PM
i completely agree, i don't see why they are pursuin josh smith though, i don't think he has what he needs to survive there, he needs easy buckets and unless monta has transformed himself into a pg by summer's end he will not find those there as much as last year. sure there will be fast breaks but with bd gone not as many as we w's fans are used to, and turiaf is also useless i don't think we need him aswell, not that i think smith is going to be lured away from atlanta that easily, and turiaf is well liked in la, i think he will stay too, the clipps want okafur, to make up for brand

this offseason so far is garbage, imo
im just hoping Mullin uses that 10 mill in cap space well... and also that the lakers match turiaf's offer than i think we got upwards of 13+ million in cap space to really give a push at okafor or josh smith or baron again... they could offer up to 5 yrs 65 million to any of those guys if the lakers matched turiaf

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:43 PM
you gave a list from 1998:oldlol: haven't you heard the big markets of the NBA are New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, LA,Miami, and Atlanta? When was the last time Cleveland or Milwaukee was considered a major market? Why do you think there's speculation about LeBron leaving Cleveland for a major market (New York)

first off backtrack, i never said milwaukee was a big market, remember the yi situation.

2nd philly is not as big a market as you think, it is only considered that due to the vicinity of it to the real big markets, i.e ny, 2nd the phrase he is leaving for a bigger market, i.e lebron, is used because he is going from a good us market to a top 15 global market in ny, which only trails a few cities in the world when it comes to the marketplace, i.e frankfurt, hong kong

hawkfan
07-09-2008, 02:44 PM
What exactly was the point of signing Baron Davis and then letting Brand go?

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Give me some small markets. Please.

milwaukee as you mentioned
charlotte
indianapolis
sa
memphis
minnesota
sac
portland
utah
okc

baseketball4life
07-09-2008, 02:46 PM
What exactly was the point of signing Baron Davis and then letting Brand go?
it's a botched Murder or something, they wanted to basically kill 2 birds with one stone by under paying Brand a little bit so they could lock up both. but they ****ed up

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:47 PM
im just hoping Mullin uses that 10 mill in cap space well... and also that the lakers match turiaf's offer than i think we got upwards of 13+ million in cap space to really give a push at okafor or josh smith or baron again... they could offer up to 5 yrs 65 million to any of those guys if the lakers matched turiaf

i hope so too, i loved the team of the last 2 years, well since jack came on board. Do you think he will use it to sign one big player, or two midrange players such as turiaf and then maybe jason will as a crappy replacement? hopefully he does better with this than with the 10 mil trade exemption

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:49 PM
it's a botched Murder or something, they wanted to basically kill 2 birds with one stone by under paying Brand a little bit so they could lock up both. but they ****ed up

if baron had signed with the clippers wouldn't they have announced it by now since the verbal has been 7 days already, or do you think there is some sidestepping being done by one of the two parties

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 02:50 PM
milwaukee as you mentioned
charlotte
indianapolis
sa
memphis
minnesota
sac
portland
utah
okc

San Antonio approximately 66.8 mil without signing their 1st rounder george hill, nor james gist and malik hairston

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=sas

I won't add up charlotte, memphis, minnesota, okc because 2 were recently expansion teams and all 4 are rebuilding

brantonli
07-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Lol, if he does hte Clippers will really be screwed, Brand and Maggette both gone, and most of the free agents gone too. He can leave, since only a document with 2 parties signatures is legally binding, and a verbal committment isn't binding, but damn the Clippers will take a hit.

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 02:57 PM
San Antonio approximately 66.8 mil without signing their 1st rounder george hill, nor james gist and malik hairston

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=sas

I won't add up charlotte, memphis, minnesota, okc because 2 were recently expansion teams and all 4 are rebuilding

good job man, first off thank you for doing the necessary research to articulate a good sentence, even though you lost the arguement or discussion. You should receive hand claps all around because you found 1 of the 10 that i listed to be small market teams to be above the cap, which in correlation must have something to with the getting 4 trophies in the last 10 or so years. which would mean that investors will overlook the 44th us media market fact and invest in a winning franchise, i.e the 77th media market green bay in the useless sport called the nfl

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 03:00 PM
good job man, first off thank you for doing the necessary research to articulate a good sentence, even though you lost the arguement or discussion. You should receive hand claps all around because you found 1 of the 10 that i listed to be small market teams to be above the cap, which in correlation must have something to with the getting 4 trophies in the last 10 or so years. which would mean that investors will overlook the 44th us media market fact and invest in a winning franchise, i.e the 77th media market green bay in the useless sport called the nfl
I didn't add Indianapolis, Sacramento, Utah, Portland. The other 4 I didnt add for reasons I've already given. I can't believe I'm arguing with a guy who said Baron Davis should sign with the Warriors on a 1 year contract:banghead:

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 03:12 PM
I didn't add Indianapolis, Sacramento, Utah, Portland. The other 4 I didnt add for reasons I've already given. I can't believe I'm arguing with a guy who said Baron Davis should sign with the Warriors on a 1 year contract:banghead:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index

maybe its done, the la times has reached bd's agent and he said that bd will honor his commitment even though he got hung out to dry with brand's boozer impersonation

this sucks just as much as your facts

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/index

maybe its done, the la times has reached bd's agent and he said that bd will honor his commitment even though he got hung out to dry with brand's boozer impersonation

my prediction was ass. i owe someone an avatar bet
fixed

bd#1pguard
07-09-2008, 03:19 PM
fixed

but that's only from some asian ***** called hu or ho i don't know when its announced that is when i honor my bet

PaperClip
07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
but that's only from some asian ***** called hu or ho i don't know when its announced that is when i honor my bet

... ?

qrich
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM

I don't care about the avatar bet, I just found your statement ridicilous that you said you think he'd certainly sign a one year deal.

But if you want to go with the Avy and you seem to be a Baron Davis fan, I'll find you one of him in a Clippers uni :)

Posterize246
07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't care about the avatar bet, I just found your statement ridicilous that you said you think he'd certainly sign a one year deal.

But if you want to go with the Avy and you seem to be a Baron Davis fan, I'll find you one of him in a Clippers uni :)
dirty:oldlol:

Jasper
07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I don't think Brand was really into this whole evolution that Clip's front office was jelling.
Brand's signing with 6'rs really states to me -
Brand was sick of playing for a loser club , and wants in on the playoff's.

HE got his wish , and from I understand Philly has some good music as well.

Baron Davis - if smart should crawl or roller skate back to the Warriors where he was considered a cult.
Unless Lakers through him a bomb.

Baron jumping ship (GS) really is confusing . (unless he heard it was sinking) :confusedshrug:

baseketball4life
07-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't think Brand was really into this whole evolution that Clip's front office was jelling.

Baron Davis - if smart should crawl or roller skate back to the Warriors where he was considered a cult.

Baron jumping ship (GS) really is confusing . (unless he heard it was sinking) :confusedshrug:
BD had beef with Nellie... game against the Suns, if the Warriors won it would have put them in position to make the playoffs. BD didn't get off the bench the entire 2nd half

NeighborhoodKid
07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
i am still laughing at all these "fans" who were saying the clips were gonna be top 4 or 6 in the West.

if BD doesn't sign they could be worst in the league. seriously

baseketball4life
07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
i am still laughing at all these "fans" who were saying the clips were gonna be top 4 or 6 in the West.

if BD doesn't sign they could be worst in the league. seriously
:roll:

couldn't be more true... with a healthy Thornton/Kaman/BD they'll win close to 40, without BD they'll win 18 games or so. So much pressure on BD, I really hope he bolts

Ballstar1982
07-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Reason 1 (http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com/2008/07/real-los-angeles-clippers-return.html), and Reason 2 (http://ballstar1982.blogspot.com/2008/07/baron-davis-is-damn-fool.html) that the the Clippers and Baron Davis lost in this one. The Clips look bad for not planning ahead. I think Baron is a fool for signing with a team with so much uncertainty, and he looks bad if he backs out at this point. Not a Clippers fan but I hate to see them fall apart like this. Thank god for an interesting offseason.

ShamRockStar
07-10-2008, 12:07 AM
I heard the Clips are going to offer large deals to Jsmoov and Okafor, it is possible that 1 of them passes on the large contact.

If they got Smith and Baron, that could an exciting and interesting team to watch.

B. Diddy leading the break with 3 extremely athletic high flying finishers in Smith, Thornton, and Eric Gordon.

WorldWarriors
07-10-2008, 12:24 AM

They didn't want to pay him. He tried negotiatiating a long term deal with them when it was time for an extension. They kept blowing him off. Then finally they offered him a 2 year deal for 28 million.

He wanted a 5 year deal. The Clippers gave it to him and then he booked.

WorldWarriors
07-10-2008, 12:24 AM

They didn't want to pay him. He tried negotiating a long term deal with them when it was time for an extension. They kept blowing him off. Then finally they offered him a 2 year deal for 28 million.

He wanted a 5 year deal. The Clippers gave it to him and then he booked.

WorldWarriors
07-10-2008, 12:26 AM

They won't give him over 2 years.

DKLaker
07-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Baron to the Lakers for the MLE :cheers:

qrich
07-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Baron just signed

[QUOTE]
The Los Angeles Clippers today solidified their point guard position for years to come with the announced signing of free agent Baron Davis to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced.

A two-time NBA All-Star (2002 and 2004), Davis averaged 21.8 points (12th in the NBA), 7.6 assists (6th in the NBA), 4.7 rebounds and 2.33 steals (3rd in the NBA) while playing in all 82 games for the Golden State Warriors during the 2007-08 season. Davis was just one of four players in the league last season to average 20+ points and seven+ assists (Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Chris Paul) per game. The 6

Posterize246
07-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Is nba.com airing the Baron Davis press conference?

WorldWarriors
07-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Baron just signed

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/bdavis_080710.html

Hate to lose him. Good luck with Clips BD.

dab0yech0
07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Reasons why I didnt see Baron backing out:

He already reffered to Golden State as the past and he was looking foward to Los Angeles

Hes from LA so backing out would really have upset alot of people in his hometown

He gets to run his business in LA now, hes closer to Black Wall Street and the rest of his crew.

PaperClip
07-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Can someone change the thread title?

Welcome to LA, BD.

baseketball4life
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Reasons why I didnt see Baron backing out:

He already reffered to Golden State as the past and he was looking foward to Los Angeles

Hes from LA so backing out would really have upset alot of people in his hometown

He gets to run his business in LA now, hes closer to Black Wall Street and the rest of his crew.
only reason that really made a difference was that he had no where else to go... no other takers... GSW wouldn't have taken him back at all, only other team with cap space was the Grizz and they wouldn't spend any money cuz thats how they are... Baron was basically stuck once he ditched the warriors

PaperClip
07-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Press conference is live!

Posterize246
07-11-2008, 11:21 AM
I think this thread can pretty much be closed

insidehoops
07-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Bump