PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant (After his Prime Years)

TBurge
07-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I was just wondering what type of player you think Kobe Bryant will become after his prime years in the NBA are over. I personally think he's underrated as a shooter and will become somewhat similar to a Reggie Miller type of player but with the ability to drive more.
(For all of you who say he's not a great shooter, remember he takes most of three's by fading away.)

BrianScalabrine
07-08-2008, 11:02 PM
A selfish one.

Jimmy2k8
07-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Probably will be a role player...or will play as the second option.

mmsupra
07-08-2008, 11:28 PM
He'll prob play for the Wizards WITH the Hibachi :D

Killer_Instinct
07-08-2008, 11:33 PM
No way will Kobe damn Bryant settle for being a roleplayer. That's just not happening. He'll retire soon after it's clear his Prime time is up. At the most he'll remain in two years after that time, but I doubt he'd stay in the L long enough to be considered nothing more than a roleplayer.

konex
07-08-2008, 11:57 PM
I can see him being a spot-up shooter ala Mike Finley in Dallas.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 11:57 PM
:roll:

Piercethetruth
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
His prime will end in 2 years time.

Lebron23
07-09-2008, 12:06 AM
The next Matthius

lovethetriangle
07-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Wizards Jordan although when he's 35 36 37 38.

He will be Kobe until he's 34. Anyone with his mileage would **** up at 32, but Kobe is Kobe, he will last till 34.

Loki
07-09-2008, 12:57 AM
LOL @ anyone who believes that Kobe is going to play until age 38. That's 9 more seasons. :oldlol:

TMac&Luther
07-09-2008, 01:20 AM
I was just wondering what type of player you think Kobe Bryant will become after his prime years in the NBA are over. I personally think he's underrated as a shooter and will become somewhat similar to a Reggie Miller type of player but with the ability to drive more.
(For all of you who say he's not a great shooter, remember he takes most of three's by fading away.)

See Clyde Drexler when he signed with Houston.......he'll be a player that will be signed of traded for to a team with championship goals that already has a #1 option, but he'll still be good enough to put them over the top.

YAWN
07-09-2008, 01:40 AM
See Clyde Drexler when he signed with Houston.......he'll be a player that will be signed of traded for to a team with championship goals that already has a #1 option, but he'll still be good enough to put them over the top.
i think he will end with the Lakers. I don't see him being a ring chaser.

He's probably got 3 years of being the clear cut #1 option. then a 2 year transition period to Bynum becoming the clear #1. He will then play second fiddle for a year or two. Then he will move on.

I don't see him sticking around the game as an analyst, coach or anything either. Which is weird since he eats, sleeps, and breathes basketball.

lakerfreak
07-09-2008, 01:51 AM
the facilitator role in the triangle so he can focus on both distributing, and getting some open shots.

I don't see him attacking the basket once he gets "old".

amfirst
07-09-2008, 01:52 AM
He is too skilled to be a role player. He'll prob defer to the other guys, but prob have enough in the tank to take over for one or two quarters, but not a whole game.

crisoner
07-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Kobe will play for the Sixers....................just a guess.

shadow
07-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Kobe will play for the Sixers....................just a guess.
Nah that boys retiring in P&G

mongePR(kb24)
07-09-2008, 01:58 AM
he will be playing till his averages go below 20ppg .

crisoner
07-09-2008, 01:59 AM
Nah that boys retiring in P&G

Remember....we all thought Jordan would retire a Bull....and Shaq a Laker....and Iverson would NEVER wear another jersey other then the Sixers.

MJ(Mean John)
07-09-2008, 02:05 AM
the facilitator role in the triangle so he can focus on both distributing, and getting some open shots.

I don't see him attacking the basket once he gets "old".

Yea i like that...

I can see somewhat of a Jordan when he was with the wizards,
but also mixed with what lakerfreak said,

not as much minutes, and then he plays in the crunch...

TMac&Luther
07-09-2008, 02:12 AM
Remember....we all thought Jordan would retire a Bull....and Shaq a Laker....and Iverson would NEVER wear another jersey other then the Sixers.

Yep, I never thought for one second that Hakeem wouldn't retire a Houston Rocket. I don't see how Laker fans are so sure this guy is going to remain a Laker for life........all they have to do is remember this time last year.....hell if Cuban signed off on a Dirk for Kobe trade, Kobe wouldn't even be a Laker RIGHT NOW. It's the nature of the business.

kobeFANNER
07-09-2008, 02:20 AM
I thought I saw an interview once where Kobe said that he isn't going to become a coach or GM like some former players. It sounded like he just wanted to live the retired life.

Also Kobe is an absolute stud and the guy keeps himself in tremendous shape. Heard he's going on a special diet to try to maximize his playing career. Nobody can deny that Kobe is one of the all-time most dedicated basketball players. I think he can play until he's 36, but wouldn't be surprised if he lasted longer. I believe he will remain a top player until he does retire.

Day La Ghetto
07-09-2008, 02:22 AM
a can see kobe playing till hes in his early 40s.

shadow
07-09-2008, 02:27 AM

Technically MJ did retire as a bull. That dude playing for the wiz was someone else ;)
Besides Kareem and magic retired in P&G. Reggie retired a pacer. It could happen.

crisoner
07-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Technically MJ did retire as a bull. That dude playing for the wiz was someone else ;)
Besides Kareem and magic retired in P&G. Reggie retired a pacer. It could happen.

Reggie was a special case.

And Bird and Magic..............but remember Kareem was a Buck before a Laker.
And Wilt played for couple of teams.

West...........West played all his games in a Laker uni right?

John Stockton with the Jazz.................Was gunna say Ewing with the Knicks but he had a couple of seasons in Orlando that should of never happened.

Loki
07-09-2008, 02:49 AM
I can see Kobe playing until at least 44 -- he's just too skilled.

Silverbullit
07-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Reggie was a special case.

And Bird and Magic..............but remember Kareem was a Buck before a Laker.
And Wilt played for couple of teams.

West...........West played all his games in a Laker uni right?

John Stockton with the Jazz.................Was gunna say Ewing with the Knicks but he had a couple of seasons in Orlando that should of never happened.

Right.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-09-2008, 03:29 AM
ray allen with the celts

jason816
07-09-2008, 05:05 AM
i always thought KG would retired a Wolve... i think most people did.

will Kobe retired a Laker? we never know.

stevieming
07-09-2008, 05:07 AM

No chance, Reggie was a special 3 point shooter, and even then age made him worse...I think Kobe will either:

1. hang it up, as he can't stand being not as good as he use to be...

2. become a sixth man, offensive spark off the bench as he loves playing...ala bobbie jackson but bigger and with better D. I think Kobe can be effective with 18-20 minutes a game upto 35....

stevieming
07-09-2008, 05:09 AM
i think he will end with the Lakers. I don't see him being a ring chaser.

He's probably got 3 years of being the clear cut #1 option. then a 2 year transition period to Bynum becoming the clear #1. He will then play second fiddle for a year or two. Then he will move on.

I don't see him sticking around the game as an analyst, coach or anything either. Which is weird since he eats, sleeps, and breathes basketball.

I hope he doesn't become a coach!!

But I do hope he becomes a Analyst....Kobe really knows his basketball, and would be so much better then Mark Jackson.....and even though I don't like Kobe as a player/person, I do find him quite funny at times...

Myth
07-09-2008, 05:11 AM
I was just wondering what type of player you think Kobe Bryant will become after his prime years in the NBA are over.

A baseball player. Jordan did it, so Kobe will try too.

Silverbullit
07-09-2008, 05:15 AM
A baseball player. Jordan did it, so Kobe will try too.

Kobe>Jordan, so he will be a baseball player AND a football player :D

lilojmayo
07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
yeah but remember back in the day even the 80s-96 nba players didnt have multi million dolllar contracts only the good players like MJ etc did so there wasnt that much reason to stay you were making more money off endorsements than ur actually contract but now days Kobe is Making a good 25million each year and he will try to maintain that for as long as he can even if his playing dips i can really see Kobe playing until his early 40s just because of the money factor you will c players playing at a longer age

BlazersDozen
07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I think he'll retire when he knows his prime is over. He won't let himself become Grant Hill.

Fatal9
07-09-2008, 10:49 AM
I think Kobe will avg at least 20 ppg till he is around 36. Like Jordan, he is too skilled in terms of his footwork, jumpshot, etc, to be affected significantly by declining athleticism. He'll probably start using his post up game more once he isn't as quick on his drives. A player like Lebron on the other hand, will age poorly.

Sroek
07-09-2008, 10:52 AM
He'll still be dominant due to his unparalleled basketball instincts, footwork and jumpshot.

crisoner
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Kobe will find a cure for Cancer and AIDS.

dr8ked
07-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Kobe will find a cure for Cancer and AIDS.

:lol :lol :lol He better find one for Double teams 1st

cliffhagan
07-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Kobe will be a 45 / 12 / 18 guy...

Because his prime will never end. HE IS OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!

Kobe_6/8
07-19-2015, 03:53 AM
A selfish one.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2906986/kg-2000-dunk-contest-reaction-o.gif

pastis
07-19-2015, 04:02 AM
I think he'll retire when he knows his prime is over. He won't let himself become Grant Hill.

:lol :lol :applause: :applause:

RightTwoCensor
07-19-2015, 06:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/I8Ux374.gif

ImKobe
07-19-2015, 06:26 AM

He will be Kobe until he's 34. Anyone with his mileage would **** up at 32, but Kobe is Kobe, he will last till 34.

spot on, tbh he would still be great with the mileage if he never injures his achilles.

Dragonyeuw
07-19-2015, 01:39 PM

spot on, tbh he would still be great with the mileage if he never injures his achilles.

Damn, that was right on the money.

STATUTORY
07-19-2015, 02:02 PM

if it wasn't for teh achilles injury, people would still be debating Kobe versus Lebron for the number 1 player in the game today till this season... where it would have switched to Kobe versus Steph

aj1987
07-21-2015, 08:14 AM
if it wasn't for teh achilles injury, people would still be debating Kobe versus Lebron for the number 1 player in the game today till this season... where it would have switched to Kobe versus Steph
Kobe hasn't been in that debate since '09.