PDA

View Full Version : Sixers officially sign Elton Brand

Pages : [1] 2 3

Interminator
07-08-2008, 10:38 AM
JULY 9 UPDATE: It's official, Elton Brand has joined the Sixers. Link: http://www.insidehoops.com/sixers-sign-brand-070908.shtml

It suddenly appears that the biggest threat to the Los Angeles Clippers re-signing franchise forward Elton Brand can be found far east of Oakland.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com on Monday night that the Philadelphia 76ers are again "actively involved" in the Brand hunt -- and now a very serious threat to tempt him away from L.A. -- after initially fearing that they couldn't compete financially with the Clippers and Golden State Warriors.

In the face of a longstanding leaguewide consensus that Brand would return to Hollywood to form a new partnership with Clipper-to-be Baron Davis, sources say that the Sixers are growing increasingly confident in their ability to create additional salary-cap space by trading away swingman Rodney Carney and center Calvin Booth, setting them up to make a sufficiently rich offer Brand would struggle to refuse. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3477424

Now by Brand going to Philadelphia I wouldn't be mad about but I don't know where Brand's addition would put Philly in the EC,I still think at best they're competing with Toronto,Washington,& Cleveland at #5.

mln03
07-08-2008, 10:44 AM
It's got to be better than that. They were competing with those guys at the end of last year with a very young/inexperienced group. I think they'll be competing for the 3 seed with the Brand addition. Maybe 2 seed depending if Detroit blows up their roster this season. 4 or 5 seed with Josh Smith.

BlazersDozen
07-08-2008, 10:47 AM
I would still be mad at Brand.

The guy opts out and tells the Clippers to sign Baron Davis, he also lured Baron Davis saying that he WANTS to play with his buddy in L.A. and to make the Clippers a contender with Baron. Baron then signs with the Clippers and now Elton wants to explore the market. It's a ***** move.

sixerfan82
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I would still be mad at Brand.

The guy opts out and tells the Clippers to sign Baron Davis, he also lured Baron Davis saying that he WANTS to play with his buddy in L.A. and to make the Clippers a contender with Baron. Baron then signs with the Clippers and now Elton wants to explore the market. It's a ***** move.

i hear you on that one, but the reality of the matter is, he any just about ANY star in this league right now stands a better chance to go further in the east than in the west

Interminator
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
It's got to be better than that. They were competing with those guys at the end of last year with a very young/inexperienced group. I think they'll be competing for the 3 seed with the Brand addition. Maybe 2 seed depending if Detroit blows up their roster this season. 4 or 5 seed with Josh Smith.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You deserve more of those.

1.Boston
2.Detroit
3.Orlando

After those 3 you have the teams battling for the 4-8 seeds in Miami, Cleveland,Washington,Toronto,Philly,Atlanta,& Milwaukee.

Philly needs much more than Brand to even be the #2 seed.

BlazersDozen
07-08-2008, 11:02 AM
To be the two seed they'd need to something amazing to happen like...

Andre Miller/Kevin Ollie
Andre Iguodala/Willie Green
Corey Maggette/James Posey
Elton Brand/Thad Young
Samuel Dalembert/Steven Hunter

Not even sure that could beat Boston and Detroit.

2LeTTeRS
07-08-2008, 11:03 AM
This could go a long way in evening up the balance of power between the east and the West. I doubt the Clips with Baron and no Brand or Maggette are a .500 team. The Warriors will also have a hard time reaching .500 without Baron. Assuming Brand goes to Philly, the only team among the top 10 in the West that would have really got better by the draft or free agency so far in the west is Portland, while in the East Chicago, Miami, Toronto, and Indiana have all imporoved (and of course Philly if Brand signs). Come on Elton go to Philly.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I've got them at 5 with a possibility of 4 (if they get Elton). Depends if Jermaine O'Neal can stay healthy (which is a big if).

1.Boston
2.Detroit
3.Orlando
4.Toronto/Philly
5.Philly/Toronto
6.Cleveland
7.Washington
8.Atlanta

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:05 AM

Andre Miller/Kevin Ollie
Elton Brand/Thad Young

Kevin Ollie is a FA. And Steven Hunter doesn't play for us anymore. And no way can that happen financially

Interminator
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM

Andre Miller/Kevin Ollie
Elton Brand/Thad Young

Yeah that would be amazingly impossible,and Kevin Ollie wasn't resigned it would be Louis Williams at back-up PG.

Philly still would need a guy who can take over a game and win it for you because both Brand & Iggy Pop are good 2nd options.

No NBA team can win a Championship without a Playmaker,hopefully Iggy can develop into one who can win the game in the clutch.

Interminator
07-08-2008, 11:08 AM
I've got them at 5 with a possibility of 4 (if they get Elton). Depends if Jermaine O'Neal can stay healthy (which is a big if).

1.Boston
2.Detroit
3.Orlando
4.Toronto/Philly
5.Philly/Toronto
6.Cleveland
7.Washington
8.Atlanta
I always rank Cleveland low too but every year LeBron carries them to a seed higher than their team's talent level would dictate.

How a team with Delonte West and Sasha Pavlovic in the backcourt ends up as the 4th seed in the East is dependant on LeBron.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah that would be amazingly impossible,and Kevin Ollie wasn't resigned it would be Louis Williams at back-up PG.

Philly still would need a guy who can take over a game and win it for you because both Brand & Iggy Pop are good 2nd options.

No NBA team can win a Championship without a Playmaker,hopefully Iggy can develop into one who can win the game in the clutch.
In about 4-5 years, should the team stay the way it is now, Lou Williams could be that guy. He's shown flashes like in games like this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wOGhMkbxCUc

He's pretty much the only guy on Philly right now who can create his shot whenever he wants.

Interminator
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
In about 4-5 years, should the team stay the way it is now, Lou Williams could be that guy. He's shown flashes like in games like this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wOGhMkbxCUc

He's pretty much the only guy on Philly right now who can create his shot whenever he wants.
Possibly I always liked his game and thought he'd be a steal in the 2nd Round.

But remember Toronto won that game though.:applause:

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Possibly I always liked his game and thought he'd be a steal in the 2nd Round.

But remember Toronto won that game though.:applause:
Yeah by 2. Only the 5th game of the season though. Toronto was supposed to be better anyway.

BlazersDozen
07-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Kevin Ollie is a FA. And Steven Hunter doesn't play for us anymore. And no way can that happen financially

I know it couldn't happen financially I was just saying. Where does Steven Hunter play now? He's a solid big man.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I know it couldn't happen financially I was just saying. Where does Steven Hunter play now? He's a solid big man.
We traded him last summer for REG-GIE, REG-GIE! Reggie Evans. Hunter in Denver

Interminator
07-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Steven Hunter doesn't play now.

He watches the Denver Nuggets play.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:20 AM
The original thought in Philly newspapers was that the Sixers would try to make a trade to free up a little more cap room for Josh Smith so that the Hawks wouldnt want to match. I guess ESPN feels it's for Brand.

Interminator
07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
The original thought in Philly newspapers was that the Sixers would try to make a trade to free up a little more cap room for Josh Smith so that the Hawks wouldnt want to match. I guess ESPN feels it's for Brand.
Josh Smith is a RFA.

Philly could offer him as much as possible and Atlanta has the ability to match it then talk to teams about a trade a few months or weeks later.:confusedshrug:

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Josh Smith is a RFA.

Philly could offer him as much as possible and Atlanta has the ability to match it then talk to teams about a trade a few months or weeks later.:confusedshrug:
That's what I'm saying. The thought is that The Hawks won't go over a certain amout. Philly was going to try to trade a little salary (i guess its rodney carney now) to add more money to the smith deal so that the hawks wouldn't want to match.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Whether this is trying to free up cap space to give Brand a big offer or to put more money into an offer sheet for Josh Smith (so that Atlanta won't want to match), I hope we get one of them. If we trade Carney for just money that we don't even use we'll look like jackasses.

GOBB
07-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Its for both but Elton Brand has been the Sixers #1 option. Josh Smith #2.

5yr $66mil deal for Josh Smith (as far as what Sixers could offer the most not taking into consideration the official salary cap number) is ideal. As far as starting price. Elton Brand? There is no way you even think about telling his agent "This is what we could only offer you, but we are waiting for the new salary cap number so maybe its a lil more". Considering what LAC and GSW could offer? Sixers would get hung up on. Clearing more room and potentially maybe getting just a lil more if the salary cap is to the Sixers advantage? Then you can throw Brand a deal to make him think.

He snubs us? Then your backup Josh Smith can get the money in hopes Atlanta says "Thats a bit too rich for our tastes". But Brand has always been the Sixers #1 target. But I dont see why he would leave LAC for GSW or Philly considering he can still get a nice chunk of money staying in LA but also be on a competitive team next to Kaman with Baron running the show. GSW doesnt offer that. And neither does Philly even tho they are a promising franchise and he gave them props when posed would he ever come here.

I cant knock Sixers clearing cap room even if they lose out on Brand and Josh Smith. Booth is a bum and while you lose an athletic player in Carney, you can replace him.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Its for both but Elton Brand has been the Sixers #1 option. Josh Smith #2.

5yr $66mil deal for Josh Smith (as far as what Sixers could offer the most not taking into consideration the official salary cap number) is ideal. As far as starting price. Elton Brand? There is no way you even think about telling his agent "This is what we could only offer you, but we are waiting for the new salary cap number so maybe its a lil more". Considering what LAC and GSW could offer? Sixers would get hung up on. Clearing more room and potentially maybe getting just a lil more if the salary cap is to the Sixers advantage? Then you can throw Brand a deal to make him think.

He snubs us? Then your backup Josh Smith can get the money in hopes Atlanta says "Thats a bit too rich for our tastes". But Brand has always been the Sixers #1 target. But I dont see why he would leave LAC for GSW or Philly considering he can still get a nice chunk of money staying in LA but also be on a competitive team next to Kaman with Baron running the show. GSW doesnt offer that. And neither does Philly even tho they are a promising franchise and he gave them props when posed would he ever come here.

I cant knock Sixers clearing cap room even if they lose out on Brand and Josh Smith. Booth is a bum and while you lose an athletic player in Carney, you can replace him.
I can't believe Billy King gave him a player option. But I disagree as far as why Brand should go back to LAC because it's a competitive team. Brand would put Philly into the 4th/5th spot in the east wouldn't he? If he goes back to LAC aren't they still fighting to make the playoffs?

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 01:16 PM
I say we could be as high as 3 if we get him, or as low as 6. But we have a lot more young pieces than say a team like Washington or Cleveland. So 2-3 years down the road we would be a big time contender if we continue on this upward slope. Like Gobb said, if we whiff on Brand we have a good shot at Smith, which isn't a bad backup plan.

BTW...i posted this last night, it's on the 2nd page of topics. First reported news by me

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I say we could be as high as 3 if we get him, or as low as 6. But we have a lot more young pieces than say a team like Washington or Cleveland. So 2-3 years down the road we would be a big time contender if we continue on this upward slope. Like Gobb said, if we whiff on Brand we have a good shot at Smith, which isn't a bad backup plan.

BTW...i posted this last night, it's on the 2nd page of topics. First reported news by me
It'll be hard to pass Orlando for that 3 spot. Howard/Hedo/Rashard/Jameer is a good nucleus

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 01:22 PM
It'll be hard to pass Orlando for that 3 spot. Howard/Hedo/Rashard/Jameer is a good nucleus

so is Brand, Iguodala, Miller, and Dalembert...we have a better overall cast IMO with the whole roster

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 01:25 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94891

Rasheed1
07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Brand put his house on the market? :lol Sounds like a good indicator for the 76ers...

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/basketball-star-elton-brand-places-his-5471-square-foot-house-in-los-angeles-hollywood-hills-back-on-the-market-for-49985m/4213/celebrities

:applause:

qrich
07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Brand put his house on the market? :lol Sounds like a good indicator for the 76ers...

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/basketball-star-elton-brand-places-his-5471-square-foot-house-in-los-angeles-hollywood-hills-back-on-the-market-for-49985m/4213/celebrities

:applause:

Yes, let's ignore the fact he put that house on sale on way before any of this occurred and he still owns another house in LA.

Brand owns several other properties, including a place at 942 S. Mansfield Avenue in Los Angeles that he purchased in August 2007

FireMcFailPlease
07-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Sixers will be f'n legit if they get Brand. Thad young is a stud, and theyve still got one of the more underrated PG's in the game in Andre Miller. Plus a legit 5-4 option in Dalembert and Brand? Nice..

PaperClip
Yes, let's ignore the fact he put that house on sale on way before any of this occurred and he still owns another house in LA.

Yep. I personally don't think he's going anywhere.

Venja42
Whether this is trying to free up cap space to give Brand a big offer or to put more money into an offer sheet for Josh Smith (so that Atlanta won't want to match), I hope we get one of them. If we trade Carney for just money that we don't even use we'll look like jackasses.

Josh Smith doesn't deserve any more money than the $11 Million we have under the cap, nor does he deserve that much.

He's a great player, dont get me wrong. But we got in the mess we were in by overpaying guys like that.

Im more excited for Brand because he fits a need for us. If we trade Carney and Booth to make room for him, we'll also have the trade exception from that trade to add another player this summer.

JohnnyBravo5
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
We are punking the Sixers the way that Phoenix punked Cleveland from offering Joe Johnson a contract. They know that if they offer Josh a contract we will hold them hostage for 7 days then match and in the mean time Philly would have lost out on all of the free agents. The Sixers would have all that cap space for no one. Theyd be the Grizzlies North

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
We are punking the Sixers the way that Phoenix punked Cleveland from offering Joe Johnson a contract. They know that if they offer Josh a contract we will hold them hostage for 7 days then match and in the mean time Philly would have lost out on all of the free agents. The Sixers would have all that cap space for no one. Theyd be the Grizzlies North
that's why we're targeting Brand first...

Rasheed1
07-08-2008, 01:47 PM

no... we honestly would just like to have Brand alot more than Josh Smith.. he actually has a post up game and would help our half court offense.

with all the space we cleared... I figure we could definitely outbid Atlanta if we wanted to... But Smith wouldnt be worth a bidding war

Smith is option #2 here

GOBB
07-08-2008, 02:12 PM

How are you punking the Sixers? First of all tell me what free agents are out there outside of Brand and Josh Smith. Now while you searc, use google, scratch your head and CONTEMPLATE making up free agent names. Then and only then would a POINT be PROVEN. Miss me with that BS of losing out on free agents when the market isnt deep as is! Seriously...Atlanta "holds us hostage" for a week and omg, we miss out on Josh Childress. :cry:

:roll: PLEASE!

"Corey Maggette could be gone"

Wait who? Shyt if we were to sign him you probably clown us. "You signed a guy who is Iggy twin. Epic fail!" Like seriously get lost. Elton Brand has been the Sixers #1 target since Ed got rid of Korver. Josh Smith #2.

Its do or die for them. Sixers made this move because if they didnt? Brand laughs at what the Sixers have to offer and Atlanta EASILY matches. By getting an extra $2.8mil and HOPEFULLY some MORE room if the salary cap number is to the Sixers advantage? You got more money to entice Brand and have Atlanta 2nd guessing themselves and thinking HARD about the deal they will have to match.

Ed Stefanski resume craps on anyone in the Hawks mgmt. Now do like I said and beat it. :hammerhead:

GOBB
07-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I can't believe Billy King gave him a player option. But I disagree as far as why Brand should go back to LAC because it's a competitive team. Brand would put Philly into the 4th/5th spot in the east wouldn't he? If he goes back to LAC aren't they still fighting to make the playoffs?

I dont think they are fighting to make the playoffs. IMO they would be right there in the middle. I said the 5-6 seed range.

power works
07-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Brand isn't leaving the Clippers (yeah I know the Clippers :roll:).

So Sixer fans should just stop torturing themselves. More than likely his agent is working the spin overtime to drive up his price.

Sad to think people are fighting over a 29-yr old undersized PF coming off a major injury. :confusedshrug:

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I dont think they are fighting to make the playoffs. IMO they would be right there in the middle. I said the 5-6 seed range.

i respect your opinion as much as anyone's on this site, but they can only be 5-6 range if everything works out for them and other teams don't exactly have it their way. Roster wise, they are still behind the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz and probably the Suns and Rockets. I could see them being 7, but Dallas, Denver and Portland are there as well

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:18 PM

So Sixer fans should just stop torturing themselves. More than likely his agent is working the spin overtime to drive up his price.

Sad to think people are fighting over a 29-yr old undersized PF coming off a major injury. :confusedshrug:
I still don't see why people focus on him being undersized. He's a career 20/10/2.5 guy with 50% shooting. Has his size ever bothered him? As for the injury...he came back for the last 8 games last year. 18/8/2 without a training camp. I don't think any1 is worried about the injury

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 02:18 PM

um...18 and 8 after coming off that injury is pretty damn good. And he will be the old Brand, just mark my words. Undersized, who gives a f***? he averaged 25 and 10 in a season, he has the wingspan of someone who is 7-0, who cares dude?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I just don't see it.

Lakers
Jazz
Hornets
Spurs
Suns
Rockets
Mavs

are all definately better in my book. Denver is the only team I can see sliding out of there.

GOBB
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
i respect your opinion as much as anyone's on this site, but they can only be 5-6 range if everything works out for them and other teams don't exactly have it their way. Roster wise, they are still behind the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz and probably the Suns and Rockets. I could see them being 7, but Dallas, Denver and Portland are there as well

Dallas? Blah
Suns? Blah
Portland? Overrated (they will challewnge 7-8 seed more than 5-6 seed)

And yes when i made my comment it was moreso factoring in they would be healthy enough to do it. To me that is the biggest key. B.Davis and E.Brand health. If they can remain healthy for a significant portion of the season while producing their all star caliber stats? I can see it. Bench doesnt thrill me much, but neither did the Celtics before they played 1gm. And by season end it was a positive for Boston.

So yeah when i said that about LAC I am saying it with the notion they will be healthy enough to achieve it. I mean the race in the West was tight like gnat booty. I see it happening again only with Portland/LAC being in it whereas GSW out (barring thier future movements).

Brand has a better chance getting further in the playoffs with the Sixers potentially than LAC (just based on the West conf parity). But even still imo I dont see them struggling or fighting hard to make the playoffs. Then again as i type that? The race in West was so close a team like Dallas could have missed it if they went on a 3gm skid. So eh :confusedshrug:

Interminator
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I just don't see it.

Lakers
Jazz
Hornets
Spurs
Suns
Rockets
Mavs

are all definately better in my book. Denver is the only team I can see sliding out of there.
You can't underrate the luxury of having 2 All-Star caliber big men in the front court in Brand & Kaman.

If Al Thornton can not go through a sophmore slump and contribute at the 3 this team could definetly be as high as a 2nd seed in the West.

The Western Conference is an open battle between 2-8,Lakers will be the #1 seed with everyone else like last season playing their ass off to not possibly fall out of the Playoff Race.

GOBB
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I just don't see it.

Lakers
Jazz
Hornets
Spurs
Suns
Rockets
Mavs

I just dont see Phx, Houston, Dallas being that much better than LAC. I could be overrating the Baron Davis/Elton Brand duo which i think is gonna be filthy.

And with the parity among the top 11 teams in the West? Maybe it isnt a gurantee afterall (just really lookin at it).

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Dallas? Blah
Suns? Blah
Portland? Overrated (they will challewnge 7-8 seed more than 5-6 seed)

And yes when i made my comment it was moreso factoring in they would be healthy enough to do it. To me that is the biggest key. B.Davis and E.Brand health. If they can remain healthy for a significant portion of the season while producing their all star caliber stats? I can see it. Bench doesnt thrill me much, but neither did the Celtics before they played 1gm. And by season end it was a positive for Boston.

So yeah when i said that about LAC I am saying it with the notion they will be healthy enough to achieve it. I mean the race in the West was tight like gnat booty. I see it happening again only with Portland/LAC being in it whereas GSW out (barring thier future movements).

Brand has a better chance getting further in the playoffs with the Sixers potentially than LAC (just based on the West conf parity). But even still imo I dont see them struggling or fighting hard to make the playoffs. Then again as i type that? The race in West was so close a team like Dallas could have missed it if they went on a 3gm skid. So eh :confusedshrug:

LAC lineup of

Baron Davis
Eric Gordon (undersized rookie, if they start Mobley he's undersized and old)
Al Thornton (was a stud last year, but still a 2nd year player)
Brand
Kaman

I still don't see that lineup being better than Dallas (Kidd,Terry, Howard, Nowitzki, Dampier/Diop) and Phoenix (Nash, Bell/Barbosa, Diaw, Stoudemire, Shaq)
Both these teams have new coaches though too, not sure how that turns out. But Dunleavy hasn't had much success in a long time. They were still 55 and 51 win teams last year. No way I see LAC jumping about 30 wins just because they added Davis/ subtracted Maggette.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
You can't underrate the luxury of having 2 All-Star caliber big men in the front court in Brand & Kaman.

If Al Thornton can not go through a sophmore slump and contribute at the 3 this team could definetly be as high as a 2nd seed in the West.

The Western Conference is an open battle between 2-8,Lakers will be the #1 seed with everyone else like last season playing their ass off to not possibly fall out of the Playoff Race.
You really see them jumping 30 wins with bringing Brand back. They added Baron/subtracted Maggette. 30 wins is just too much of a jump

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I think people might be overrating Kaman a tad too. He showed up last year (15.7/12.7 is nuts!) but his best season playing alongside Brand was 10/8. Seems to me like his numbers were boosted by him being the only real big man in the lineup?:ohwell:

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah i mean the Clippers could be the 5th or 6th seed, but even if so they won't be a true contender IMO. In Philly, his worst case scenario would be his best in LA. He could be anywhere as 3 IMO in the East, maybe 2, but at worst 6th.

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 02:37 PM
somebody smart tell me how much they can offer brand

Interminator
I think people might be overrating Kaman a tad too. He showed up last year (15.7/12.7 is nuts!) but his best season playing alongside Brand was 10/8. Seems to me like his numbers were boosted by him being the only real big man in the lineup?:ohwell:
With a PG who can actually pass the ball he should be good next season.

Brand & Kaman will have to co-exist but Kaman will get more touches this time around playing with Brand.

sixerfan3511

at least 14...up to 15.5 million starting salary

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:38 PM
a contract starting at 15 mil in the first year--acording to Mark Stein

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 02:39 PM
kk

Interminator
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Damn Brand is going to be extremely overpaid by the end of his contract.

Is there anyone who thinks Philly is going to win a Championship in the next 5 years?

I know you cant predict these things but does anyone have the gut feeling that they can win or reach a Championship game in the next 5 years?:confusedshrug:

GOBB
07-08-2008, 02:40 PM

Who knows. Right now Sixers have $11-$11.5mil plus $2.8mil. So close if not $14mil. But thats based on what people project the NBA salary cap to be. Today is when the NBA announces the salary cap number. So the Sixers could either have more cap room or less. Really no set in stone figure. Just guessing. :confusedshrug:

The first person to figure it out is the person who knows the actual salary cap number set. :oldlol:

Sixers are patiently waiting for that number.

ChuckOakley
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
I agree with GOBB, if Brand goes to LA they are in the playoffs.

They would have a top 5 PG, a top 5 PF, a top 10 center, last year's 3rd best rookie (Thorton) and a top talent from this year's draft in Gordon. They also have some good role players in Knight, Mobley and T.Thomas. I don't see why this team wouldn't be one of the best in the West other than health concerns with Baron and Elton, and perhaps the time needed to generate chemistry.

B.Davis / Knight / Livingston?
Gordon / Mobley / Ross?
Thorton / T.Thomas
Brand / Powell / Fazekus?
Kaman / D.Jordan

If they tried packaging Mobley and Thomas along with Gordon, Thorton or picks for another star at SG/SF (VC), then you have a contender.

GOBB
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM

I hope so.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Damn Brand is going to be extremely overpaid by the end of his contract.

Is there anyone who thinks Philly is going to win a Championship in the next 5 years?

I know you cant predict these things but does anyone have the gut feeling that they can win or reach a Championship game in the next 5 years?:confusedshrug:
Brand gives us a chance. I say we reach the ECF in 2 years. Gotta make sure we keep Iggy/Lou. Pistons/Celtics will be fading out in those 2 years. Orlando/Philly/Atlanta should be towards the top of the standings.

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I agree with GOBB, if Brand goes to LA they are in the playoffs.

They would have a top 5 PG, a top 5 PF, a top 10 center, last year's 3rd best rookie (Thorton) and a top talent from this year's draft in Gordon. They also have some good role players in Knight, Mobley and T.Thomas. I don't see why this team wouldn't be one of the best in the West other than health concerns with Baron and Elton, and perhaps the time needed to generate chemistry.

B.Davis / Knight / Livingston?
Gordon / Mobley / Ross?
Thorton / T.Thomas
Brand / Powell / Fazekus?
Kaman / D.Jordan

If they tried packaging Mobley and Thomas along with Gordon, Thorton or picks for another star at SG/SF (VC), then you have a contender.
they will be pretty damn good, but still 9 teams could arguably be better or end up better

1. LA
2. NOK
3. SAS
4. DAL
5. PHX
6. Utah
7. Houston
8. Denver
9. Portland

the top 7 on that list i think will almost certainly be better than LAC... Denver/Portland i dont think so but if Oden really blows up year one who knows..

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Who knows. Right now Sixers have $11-$11.5mil plus $2.8mil. So close if not $14mil. But thats based on what people project the NBA salary cap to be. Today is when the NBA announces the salary cap number. So the Sixers could either have more cap room or less. Really no set in stone figure. Just guessing. :confusedshrug:

The first person to figure it out is the person who knows the actual salary cap number set. :oldlol:

Sixers are patiently waiting for that number.
ic ic

i forgot about the # the league sets out

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:45 PM
On what the Sixers can offer from the ESPN article

The Sixers are already expecting to have at least $11 million in salary-cap space to spend when the league announces next season's cap figure to all 30 teams Tuesday night. Depending on how closely the cap ceiling for the 2008-09 season comes to the widely projected estimate of $58-59 million -- and if the Sixers can finalize a trade to part with Carney and Booth -- it's conceivable that Philadelphia could possess the financial flexibility to start a five-year offer to Brand at a first-year salary in the $15 million range.

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
lets hope Brand goes to LAC or Philly

so than the warriors can attack Josh Smith

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
lets hope Brand goes to LAC or Philly

so than the warriors can attack Josh Smith
Josh Smith running with the warriors would be scary:eek:

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
yeah, the fan's dream out here is if we lock up both Smith and Monta long term.. that'd be sick to watch even tho no playoffs once again

Interminator
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

That would be extremely scary,he'd be perfect for them.

Too bad they'd still be the 10th best team in the West.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM

10th in the west.
1st as far as team I'd most want to watch next season

Interminator
07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
10th in the west.
1st as far as team I'd most want to watch next season
I'd rather watch the Knicks next season to see how they work together.

Dasher
07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Portland, Dallas, Houston, Denver,and GSW would not be as good as the Clippers with Brand and Baron.

Portland was the team version of Andrew Bynum, they got hot for a month and everyone began to overrate them.

Dallas spent their whole midlevel exception on Diop and still have no one on the team with the possible exception of Brandon Bass who can run with Jason Kidd.

Yao is injury prone, coming off an injury, and playing in the summer games. TMac is brittle as well.

Denver still has defense and chemistry problems.

GSW lost Baron Davis and do not have a proven pointguard.

Phoenix could slip as well. They are in a transition period and many of their core components are long in the tooth:Nash, Shaq, Hill, and Bell.

The Clippers are a lot like Utah, but with a superior Center.

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Portland, Dallas, Houston, Denver,and GSW would not be as good as the Clippers with Brand and Baron.

Portland was the team version of Andrew Bynum, they got hot for a month and everyone began to overrate them.

Dallas spent their whole midlevel exception on Diop and still have no one on the team with the possible exception of Brandon Bass who can run with Jason Kidd.

Yao is injury prone, coming off an injury, and playing in the summer games. TMac is brittle as well.

Denver still has defense and chemistry problems.

GSW lost Baron Davis and do not have a proven pointguard.

Phoenix could slip as well. They are in a transition period and many of their core components are long in the tooth:Nash, Shaq, Hill, and Bell.

The Clippers are a lot like Utah, but with a superior Center.
they get a top 5 center in the league back next year... that's why i say look out

last years squad was good, but adding Oden and Bayless just makes them that much better

GOBB
07-08-2008, 02:57 PM

(no rank order)
Lakers
Hornets
Spurs
Jazz
Rockets
Clippers
Suns
Mavs
Blazers
Nuggets

You mean 11th best team in the West. :lol

Dasher
07-08-2008, 03:03 PM
they get a top 5 center in the league back next year... that's why i say look out

last years squad was good, but adding Oden and Bayless just makes them that much better
Top 5 Center? I will believe it when I see it. He will struggle as a rook for several reasons.

1)He is a rookie and needs to gain the respect of the refs.
2)He has not played real ball for a year and conditioning and timing will be an issue.
3)He is coming back from microfracture surgery.
4)His offensive game lacks polish.
5)The hype.

Bayless dropped for a reason, he is an undersized 2, and he will not start over Steve Blake until he is competent enough to run a team. Last year Arizona's offense ground to a halt a times and was brutal to watch.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I'd rather watch the Knicks next season to see how they work together.
:roll: I'll Pass.

GOBB
07-08-2008, 03:05 PM
I agree with Dasher.

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Top 5 Center? I will believe it when I see it. He will struggle as a rook for several reasons.

1)He is a rookie and needs to gain the respect of the refs.
2)He has not played real ball for a year and conditioning and timing will be an issue.
3)He is coming back from microfracture surgery.
4)His offensive game lacks polish.
5)The hype.

Bayless dropped for a reason, he is an undersized 2, and he will not start over Steve Blake until he is competent enough to run a team. Last year Arizona's offense ground to a halt a times and was brutal to watch.
we will see I am extremely high on Oden

Dasher
07-08-2008, 03:12 PM
we will see I am extremely high on Oden
It took a more skilled and more athletic Amare a year and a half to get back to where he was. Oden was literally not in Amare's league at the time of his injury.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
It took a more skilled and more athletic Amare a year and a half to get back to where he was. Oden was literally not in Amare's league at the time of his injury.
Is he healthy enough to play in summer league?

Dasher
07-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Is he healthy enough to play in summer league?
Dunno. I haven't heard any new updates on his health. I sometimes take the progress reports with a grain of salt because teams spin those reports too much for my liking.

They are playing in Vegas and I don't think they have released their roster yet.

bagelred
07-08-2008, 05:06 PM
After 76ers lose out on Elton Brand, where else can the 76ers turn for a readily available 20/10 guy that will provide the inside presence they need?

http://www.hooplife.ca/raptorshq/upload/articles/061018_randolph_vmed_6p_widec.jpg

Oh yeah. It'll happen.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 05:10 PM
After 76ers lose out on Elton Brand, where else can the 76ers turn for a readily available 20/10 guy that will provide the inside presence they need?

http://www.hooplife.ca/raptorshq/upload/articles/061018_randolph_vmed_6p_widec.jpg

Oh yeah. It'll happen.
If it was going to happen, they would have done the deal that included the #6 pick.

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 05:11 PM

Oh yeah. It'll happen.

honestly, i wouldn't mind that if Smith and Brand don't work out.

As for Smith, he is apparently not on the Warriors radar...according to "sources"

Maggette seems to be their next target

bagelred
07-08-2008, 05:15 PM
If it was going to happen, they would have done the deal that included the #6 pick.

What? Knicks aren't going to give up Gallinari just to get rid of Randolph. If 76ers want him, they can just have him.

They are drooling over Brand, but Randolph's production is exactly the same. Same points, same assists, same rebounds a game.....

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 05:16 PM
What? Knicks aren't going to give up Gallinari just to get rid of Randolph. If 76ers want him, they can just have him.

They are drooling over Brand, but Randolph's production is exactly the same. Same points, same assists, same rebounds a game.....

about yeah...but Brand is a much better defensively player and he isn't as much of a head case off the court, but Mo kept him decently under control in Portland so i have faith that he could do it here. The 6th pick has nothing to do with this

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 05:20 PM
about yeah...but Brand is a much better defensively player and he isn't as much of a head case off the court, but Mo kept him decently under control in Portland so i have faith that he could do it here. The 6th pick has nothing to do with this
Don't fall into the Zach Randolph trap.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7lvYf08X6tc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hvndYr0q648

you don't want that ruining our team chemistry.

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 05:21 PM

Portland had a bunch of head cases while he was there, New York is well...New York. I'm pretty sure we fall under neither of those categories, and we could keep him in check. We aren't dealing with Ron Artest or Latrell Sprewell here

GOBB
07-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Zach Randolph plays zero defense in comparison to Brand
Zack Randolph is not the passer Elton Brand is which is critical with a low post prescence

Yeah he does exactly the same thing as Brand. Yet you nor I have ever ranked either on the same level if not placec Zach above Elton Brand. There is a reason for that. More than his character/attitude which doesnt get great reviews.

bagelred
07-08-2008, 05:24 PM

I didn't say he wasn't a head case. But there's no denying this:

In the last 5 seasons, Randolph's LOWEST season average of points was 17.6 and his LOWEST season average of rebounds was 8.0. That's impressive and something many teams will take a chance on.

GOBB
Ed Stefanski killed the Zach rumors that floated around. Wants no parts of him.

sixerfan3511
Zach Randolph plays zero defense in comparison to Brand
Zack Randolph is not the passer Elton Brand is which is critical with a low post prescence

Yeah he does exactly the same thing as Brand. Yet you nor I have ever ranked either on the same level if not placec Zach above Elton Brand. There is a reason for that. More than his character/attitude which doesnt get great reviews.

yeah i believe i said just that...with the exception of the passing part

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Portland had a bunch of head cases while he was there, New York is well...New York. I'm pretty sure we fall under neither of those categories, and we could keep him in check. We aren't dealing with Ron Artest or Latrell Sprewell here
"keeping him in check" keeps him from getting in trouble with the law. anything can go on in the lockerroom. and he shoots 46%. does that really help our halfcourt that much? + did you see the games he played against the sixers this year? that turned me off of him forever.

12/8/07--- 4 pts, 2 of 11 shooting, 5 rebounds, 27 mins

the very next night---- 2 pts, 2 rebs

a game at boston he was 1 of 10 for 4 points

2 of 13 at golden state

what does he give us? scoring? he's a black hole on offense

BFRESH44
07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
14 million starting salary + 8% raisies over 5 years still is not more money than what the Clippers are offering, and most certainly not more money than what the Warrios are offering.

However, the cheap ownership that is of the Hawks with the Josh Smith situation..Will they want to match that? To me it's still a no brainer, but it's probably more than what they were orginally offering. They can't let him go though, that'll be PR nightmare. Letting the hometown Atlanta kid go? Mannn.

I still see the Sixers coming up lame in their effort to find a star powerfoward(atleast via free agency), when it's all said and done. This is the wrong year to have cap flexiblity. Suck ass FA Class, and not enough suitors.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
14 million starting salary + 8% raisies over 5 years still is not more money than what the Clippers are offering, and most certainly not more money than what the Warrios are offering.

However, the cheap ownership that is of the Hawks with the Josh Smith situation..Will they want to match that? To me it's still a no brainer, but it's probably more than what they were orginally offering. They can't let him go though, that'll be PR nightmare. Letting the hometown Atlanta kid go? Mannn.

I still see the Sixers coming up lame in their effort to find a star powerfoward(atleas via free agency), when it's all said and done. This is the wrong year to have cap flexiblity. Suck FA Class, and not enough suitors.
Expected to be 15 mil with the salary cap going up tonight

bagelred
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I also know Brand is better than Randolph but the statistics don't show it.

In last 5 years, they both average about 20 points a game.
They both average about 10 rebounds a game.
Brand averages 2.7 assists a game, Randolph about 2 assists.
Brand has a slightly better FG% 50% vs. 46%
Randolph is a better FT shooter - 77% vs 74%.
They both get almost 1 steal a game.
They both average about 2.5 turnovers a game.
Randolph is 26% 3 point shooter. Brand seems to never take 3 pointers.

Where does Brand excel? Blocks. He gets about 2 a game. Randolph gets close to zero.

How about winning and playoffs? Well Zack Randolph made playoffs in first two seasons, but has missed playoffs in last 5.

How about Brand? He's a winner right? Wrong. Brand has been in the league nine years, getting starter minutes all those nine years, and made the playoffs ONCE.

So Brand is more focused definsively and is probably a better teammate. But is Randolph really so far behind him, as to not even consider him?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 05:50 PM

Where does Brand excel? Blocks. He gets about 2 a game. Randolph gets close to zero.

How about winning and playoffs? Well Zack Randolph made playoffs in first two seasons, but has missed playoffs in last 5.

How about Brand? He's a winner right? Wrong. Brand has been in the league nine years, getting starter minutes all those nine years, and made the playoffs ONCE.

So Brand is more focused definsively and is probably a better teammate. But is Randolph really so far behind him, as to not even consider him?
Yes. One thing that shows you how valuable Brand is is that the Clippers desperately want to keep him. He's been there 7 years. Randolph gets traded because he was a cancer, and one season later New York is trying to dump him too. Give him less than 2 years in Philly, and nobody here will be able to stand him. Whether he's won games or not, Brand has always been a winner. Randolph turned a 23 win team into another 23 win team:wtf: Biggest part I like better about Brand is the career 50% shooting, compared to Randolph at 46%.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 05:51 PM

Brand wins that part also

bagelred
07-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Brand wins that part also
Yes and No. True, Randolph shouldn't probably shouldn't take many, but at least he CAN hit the shot. Depends how you look at it.

GOBB
07-08-2008, 06:02 PM

I still see the Sixers coming up lame in their effort to find a star powerfoward(atleas via free agency), when it's all said and done. This is the wrong year to have cap flexiblity. Suck FA Class, and not enough suitors.

Of all the offseasons to have cap room. Sixers have it at the WRONG time. :oldlol:

bagelred
07-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Whether he's won games or not, Brand has always been a winner.

Well, no. He may be a great player, he may be a great teammate, but he has yet to show he's a winner. He's going into his tenth season only making playoffs once?

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Oden is a better rebounder and shot blocker

mrhoopfan
07-08-2008, 06:14 PM

Interesting point.......they may wanna trade Dalembert for curry. Before Z-bo's arrival, Curry averaged 19 and 7 (many thought he should've made all star) EC's a great back to basket scorer that needs to be paired with a banger/defender power forward( reggie Evans)....i think Curry would like it better playing in a smaller market too, nice guy who may not be cut out for NYC

bagelred
07-08-2008, 06:28 PM

OK, here's more. How about 82games's Roland Rating? This shows the +/- of players when they are on the court and off court and rates it.

How has Randolph done? He's a real cancer right? Well, last year on the Knicks, he had the 2nd best Roland Rating after Crawford. So Knicks would have done even WORSE, supposedly, without him.

How bout on Blazers year before? I mean, he was a REAL CANCER then too, right? WRONG. He EASILY had the best Roland Rating (+8.1)....better than Aldrige or Roy.

Brand's Roland Rating is also VERY high and shows why Clippers want him back badly.

But Randolph has a POSITIVE impact when he's on the court...not negative as many people want you to believe.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 06:31 PM
OK, here's more. How about 82games's Roland Rating? This shows the +/- of players when they are on the court and off court and rates it.

How has Randolph done? He's a real cancer right? Well, last year on the Knicks, he had the 2nd best Roland Rating after Crawford. So Knicks would have done even WORSE, supposedly, without him.

How bout on Blazers year before? I mean, he was a REAL CANCER then too, right? WRONG. He EASILY had the best Roland Rating (+8.1)....better than Aldrige or Roy.

Brand's Roland Rating is also VERY high and shows why Clippers want him back badly.

But Randolph has a POSITIVE impact when he's on the court...not negative as many people want you to believe.
if he plays about 32 mins a game and is a positive when he's out there, how do they only win 23 games?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
If Randolph was so valuable, the Knicks wouldn't be trying to dump him, the Portland Trailblazers wouldn't have dumped him for Channing Frye and Steve Francis, and no, the Sixers won't take him.

bagelred
07-08-2008, 06:34 PM
if he plays about 32 mins a game and is a positive when he's out there, how do they only win 23 games?

Because only four players on the Knicks had "positive" Roland Rating, everyone else had a negative. And the positive ratings were not that much above zero.

But if comparing Randolph to his teammates, he was the 2nd most productive player as far as winning and losing, even more than Lee (he was third).

BlazersDozen
07-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Why do all threads these days turn to Blazer/Oden talk and Zach Randolph talk?

Anyways, Zach Randolph is death. He will suck up the ball and not give it up because he can not pass out of double teams. He will get soft in the middle of the season and just chuck up 15 foot jumpers and threes. He plays zero defense and plays like a 6'6" power forward. He's over weight and is not athletic at all. The good? He gets 20 points a game off offensive rebounds and put backs.

His stats are overrated.

iggy>
07-08-2008, 07:00 PM
they just said on a philly radio station that a deal is now imminent between the sixers and brand.

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:11 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApVax8DnLVg6gpwdhcyIMmS8vLYF?slug=aw-brandsixers070708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

yes! Elton is coming to town baby! O $hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 07:12 PM
they just said on a philly radio station that a deal is now imminent between the sixers and brand.
:party:

BlazersDozen
07-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Elton Brand...new age Carlos Boozer?

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Elton Brand...new age Carlos Boozer?

well if you read the article the Clippers aren't exactly working with him as much as they can here...but omg EB42 is in town baby! i can smell it!

BlazersDozen
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe because Brand basically promised that he was opting out so the Clippers can do this and that and then he'll take less money to be with them.

bagelred
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
After Clippers lose out on Elton Brand, where else can the Clippers turn for a readily available 20/10 guy that will provide the inside presence they need?

Oh yeah. It'll happen.

GOBB
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
There is no dispute from my end that Zach is offensively as good as Brand. Just speaking from my perspective because others may disagree. Zach can flat out score.

The Clippers could renounce free agents such as Shaun Livingston and Corey Maggette to sweeten what’s believed to be a five-year, $70 million offer, but have resisted upping their bid. Perhaps that could change on Tuesday with the fear of losing him to the 76ers

Wait so the LAC are refusing to up thier offer because...?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I've been talking about the July 14th Charity Basketball Game in Philly for a while now and nobody could confirm for me why Brand was the only person on the team with no Philly ties. Maybe that was a sign!

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:19 PM
There is no dispute from my end that Zach is offensively as good as Brand. Just speaking from my perspective because others may disagree. Zach can flat out score.

Wait so the LAC are refusing to up thier offer because...?

because they are frugal

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
http://liacourascenter.com/upcoming-events/details/?id=188

Philly celebrity game

Rudy gay and Elton the only players without Philadelphia ties. Tried to tell everyone it was a sign.

sixerfan82
07-08-2008, 07:24 PM
WOOHOO!!! WE GOT BRAND

i sense mr miller will be staying in philly as well =D

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
WOOHOO!!! WE GOT BRAND

i sense mr miller will be staying in philly as well =D

Boston, Detroit, Orlando, we are coming baby!

GOBB
07-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Where does it say we got Brand? It just says sources believe Brand is leaning towards taking Philly offer because he is butt hurt over the LAC offer after opting out.

Maybe I'm reading the wrong link.

Dasher
We hardly got to know you before you met your fate. Sleep peacefully sweetheart maybe one day you will rise again.

Clipper Bandwagon
Sometime in the Last Couple Weeks-July 8th 2008

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/war-funerals-photo-02.jpg

baseketball4life
what the **** he takes 5 yrs 80 mill over 5 yrs 90 mill? am i missing something?

iggy>
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
what the **** he takes 5 yrs 80 mill over 5 yrs 90 mill? am i missing something?
east> :cheers:

JordanL
???

baseketball4life
why did he take 5 yrs 80 million over 5 yrs 90 million???

baseketball4life
east> :cheers:
well atleast the clippers are ****ed

warriors better sign Smoove, if not just don't sign anyone unless you get JR Smith

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Where does it say we got Brand? It just says sources believe Brand is leaning towards taking Philly offer because he is butt hurt over the LAC offer after opting out.

sources say he is leaning towards the deal...radio station said it's imminent. He is upset with the way the Clippers are going about their business. Philly makes more sense to win both now and in the future, plus he's making more money. He's closer to home. And i doubt we would do a deal like this and pass on Smith for now if we didn't have something cooking up. I'm feeling very confident about this and so are a lot of experts, including John Hollinger of ESPN

iggy>
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM

i dont think he can officially sign until wednesday.

mmsupra
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
this is wonderful :lol

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
i dont think he can officially sign until wednesday.

he knows that he's just wondering where it says we have agreed...we haven't, but it's damn close

sixerfan82
07-08-2008, 07:34 PM

the east is far less competitive than the west, 10 million is hardly that much money when comparing it to a winning situation

money is not the answer to everything my friend

now the only problem is that opening day is TOO FAR AWAY!!!

WorldWarriors
07-08-2008, 07:35 PM
why did he take 5 yrs 80 million over 5 yrs 90 million???

If he did that he's a piece of ****. Elton Brand is a steaming pile of ****.

sixerfan3511

no...the reason he does this is because it's a mere 2 mill a year to go to a weaker conference on a better team. GS is the 11th or 12th seed in the West, with Brand they're at best a fringe playoff team. We already are a playoff team without Brand, with him we are upper 4 IMO. And we have a brighter future than LA, when you look at the young nucleus we possess. GS has 0 shot, and it makes 100% sense

baseketball4life
he knows that he's just wondering where it says we have agreed...we haven't, but it's damn close
damn go sixers!

atleast BD gets ****ed, he betrayed the W's

Jimmy2k8
http://www.fest21.com/files/images/borat4.jpg

"Very nice, the Clippers bandwagon was full of Jews and Gypsies. I will have a wonderful time with Elton Brand."

Dasher
???
Reports out of Philly have Elton Brand signing with the Sixers. Please sign the guest book,the Clippers Fam really appreciates your support in their time of grief.

baseketball4life
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
no...the reason he does this is because it's a mere 2 mill a year to go to a weaker conference on a better team. GS is the 11th or 12th seed in the West, with Brand they're at best a fringe playoff team. We already are a playoff team without Brand, with him we are upper 4 IMO. And we have a brighter future than LA, when you look at the young nucleus we possess. GS has 0 shot, and it makes 100% sense
go make our FO offer Josh Smith 5 yrs 75 million or something... save 15 million for JR Smith

GOBB
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM

Yeah his interview where he said he wouldnt rule out playing with the Sixers. Spoke about how they are a rising, up and coming team that he would be willing to play for (when asked his thoughts on the Sixers/free agency). So maybe he feels the Sixers are in a better direction than GSW. Willing to take $10mil less

iggy>
07-08-2008, 07:37 PM
damn go sixers!

hes now making less money on a sh*ttier team. :lol

WorldWarriors
07-08-2008, 07:38 PM
damn go sixers!

Get a grip. BD didn't betray the Warriors. They lowballed the hell out of him. He got his money now so he aint screwed. The only ones who are screwed are fans of the Clippers and the Warriors.

Dasher
07-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Elton Brand takes flight
steals hopes of Clippers Fam
karma Philly karma..........

yeesterbunny
07-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Reports out of Philly have Elton Brand signing with the Sixers. Please sign the guest book,the Clippers Fam really appreciates your support in their time of grief.

link?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 07:39 PM
please please PLEASE let this Brand **** be true

High Potential
07-08-2008, 07:40 PM
The Clippers only hope is signing the offensive powerhouse Zach Randolph.

JordanL
Hahaha...

Karma came back and snapped Davis in the nose.

yeesterbunny
Sources only say it's close, not final.

bjtrdff
07-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Hahaha...

Karma came back and snapped Davis in the nose.

Yeah Davis was really awful for opting out, taking less money, and going to his home town team.

mmsupra
07-08-2008, 07:42 PM
So did Baron sign with the clippers thinking Brand was for sure gonna stay with them?? I know it was not set in stone but this kinda crazy if it goes threw ...

plat1num
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
lol at clipper fans :roll:

Posterize246
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

sixerfan3511
Yeah his interview where he said he wouldnt rule out playing with the Sixers. Spoke about how they are a rising, up and coming team that he would be willing to play for (when asked his thoughts on the Sixers/free agency). So maybe he feels the Sixers are in a better direction than GSW. Willing to take $10mil less

he feels that way because we are...our team is much more stable now and we're in a weaker conference, more ready to contend. With Brand...GS is maybe...jus maybe a 8 seed

Myth
This will make my day if it happens. BUAH! HA! HA! :rockon:

Myth
07-08-2008, 07:44 PM
lol at clipper fans :roll:

Just lol at bandwagon Clipper fans. I have nothing against real Clipper fans.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
So Brand opts out of his contract, puts his house up for sale, goes on Philly radio saying good things about coming to Philadelphia, is playing in a celebrity basketball game in Philly on the 13th, could have resigned with LA like last week but has waited, now the sixers free up cap space through a trade.....

We should have known.

I hope that paragraph doesnt come back to haunt me and he signs elsewhere

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Baron left a bit of money on the table THIS YEAR, but he wasn't getting a long term offer from GS so he's got long term security in LA plus it's his home town, but man that's gotta hurt for LA fans

picc84
07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I really hope this is true.

Posterize246
I feel bad for Baron

but oh ****in well

plat1num
Just lol at bandwagon Clipper fans. I have nothing against real Clipper fans.

well you should have seen the threads some of them made :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 07:49 PM
sixerfan, what doesnt brand like about the clippers business?

sixerfan3511
So Brand opts out of his contract, puts his house up for sale, goes on Philly radio saying good things about coming to Philadelphia, is playing in a celebrity basketball game in Philly on the 13th, could have resigned with LA like last week but has waited, now the sixers free up cap space through a trade.....

We should have known.

I hope that paragraph doesnt come back to haunt me and he signs elsewhere

if it was ever possible to have an orgasm over basketball related news, this is the time

Mathius
If he did that he's a piece of ****. Elton Brand is a steaming pile of ****.

Money isn't everything and the clippers only have themselves to blame. With a history of losing and being cheap and making poor draft selections, or trading the good ones away, I'm not sure I'd play for them either if I had other options.

Mathius

JordanL
07-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah Davis was really awful for opting out, taking less money, and going to his home town team.

I think it was more the leaving the Warriors without any impression at all that he was unhappy so that they could form any sort of plan to remain competative.

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:51 PM
sixerfan, what doesnt brand like about the clippers business?

they have a "take it or leave it" attitude about his contract, and are not showing any signs of changing that. They're frugal, and they're completely unwilling to up their offer. He's been loyal to them, and he wants a little in return and they can't give it to him.

FULL CLIP
07-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Wow, This is how you do us, Elton...this is how you do us?:confusedshrug:

Nothing is set in stone yet, but WTF? EB makes this big deal about taking a pay-cut to get an elite pg (Bdiddy) in town, and then shrugs off a giant offer from da bay only to take slightly less from philly?

all I know if this shiest is true, you aint welcome in LA.

Ian
07-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Ouch...

Sorry Clip fans.

veilside23
07-08-2008, 07:53 PM
posterize youve craved for this for a long time.. hope you get it :cheers:

GOBB
If all of the trade and cap details were to fall into place, the Sixers could conceivably start an offer at $15 million that would have a value of $87 million over 5 years. The Clippers are said to have offered Brand a 5-year package worth about $70 million. The Golden State Warriors are said to have offered Brand 5 years and about $90 million.

Sixers offer not too far off from GSW. Atleast from this report.

Sixers need to add a shooter now since they cant upgrade SG.

sixerfan82
Elton Brand takes flight
steals hopes of Clippers Fam
karma Philly karma..........

i think we said goodbye to karma when we booed santa, just a guess though hehe

GOBB
07-08-2008, 07:54 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: .

Look on the bright side. Nothing is finalized/final. Brand could be using this as a way to make LAC push thier offer up. Unless LAC cant up thier offer/handcuffed?

bjtrdff
07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I think it was more the leaving the Warriors without any impression at all that he was unhappy so that they could form any sort of plan to remain competative.

They lowballed him on an extension, and because of the opt out, LA was in a position to sign him. He got paid a decent salary, and got to go home.

Blame GS management, not him.

sixerfan3511
Sixers offer not too far off from GSW. Atleast from this report.

Sixers need to add a shooter now since they cant upgrade SG.

yeah a shooter would be next on the list, finish this first though. But we are offering slightly less than GS to be closer to his home town and a better winning situation now and the future...makes sense to me

omarnyc
when did brand ever say he would stay if they sign baron? i think baron signed with the clippers because he wanted to be back in la where he has his movie thing going.....no free agent ever stays with the clippers

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
posterize youve craved for this for a long time.. hope you get it :cheers:
:cheers: I just sent a PM to final.wrath because I remember him saying it wouldn't happen. Hopefully it doesnt bite me in the ass later on

mlh1981
07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
27 posts, most of which were speculation posts, and no links whatsoever? :confusedshrug:

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
27 posts, most of which were speculation posts, and no links whatsoever? :confusedshrug:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApVax8DnLVg6gpwdhcyIMmS8vLYF?slug=aw-brandsixers070708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

plus philly radio stations are reporting it, and ESPNEWS as well

MrEncinas
Yea, where is all of this coming from?

MrEncinas

plus philly radio stations are reporting it, and ESPNEWS as well
We posted at the same time. Thanks.

Dasher
07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Am I the only one in mourning? No one has left flowers or anything.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/shev0018/gwss/mapplethorpe01.jpg

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 08:00 PM
We posted at the same time. Thanks.

np man

Posterize246
I need to find that photoshop thread. Need me a Elton Brand wearing a sixers jersey.

sixerfan3511
I need to find that photoshop thread. Need me a Elton Brand wearing a sixers jersey.

i want his jersey...BAD

Hopper15
I feel bad for Baron

but oh ****in well

Opting out at the last minute and lying to Nellie's face, what goes around comes around. Screw Baron :oldlol:

Kobe=MVP07`
how many of you will dislike him for what he did to
1. Baron Davis 2. the clippers, who he told he would resign for less if they get him help

Denali
07-08-2008, 08:01 PM
LOL @ everyone in this thread when Elton ends up re-signing with the Clippers

mlh1981
07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
how many of you will dislike him for what he did to
1. Baron Davis 2. the clippers, who he told he would resign for less if they get him help

He doesn't owe anything to Baron Davis. The NBA isn't about granting favors. As for the other point you bring up, he certainly wouldn't be the first place to say one thing/do the other.

Denali
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
its not happening.

philly radio stations started the rumor and espn is running with it because there is no other noteworthy NBA news at the moment.

everyone who is already "celebrating" will get laughed at tommorow.

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
LOL @ everyone in this thread when Elton ends up re-signing with the Clippers

everyone would be fooled if that happened

Hopper15
07-08-2008, 08:06 PM
its not happening.

philly radio stations started the rumor and espn is running with it because there is no other noteworthy NBA news at the moment.

Oh it's happening, the Clipps have aggravated Brand for not offering a little more money.

Skywalker
07-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Why would he sign with Philadelphia is he retarded.

omarnyc
07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
you cant be mad at the man, thats the whole purpose of free agency you are free to go where you want. he spent how many years in la? they shoulda got him help before.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:09 PM
More money than the clips, closer to home, better chance to win (sixers should be about 4th in the conference, clips will still struggle to get in playoffs). Why not sign with us?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:10 PM
its not happening.

yahoo also wrote an article before anyone in philadelphia talked about it

Skywalker
True Id wanna be in the East as well.

But with Philly? Wtf?

Atlantic is now a pimp division.

sixerfan3511

why wouldn't he sign here?

Hopper15
07-08-2008, 08:11 PM
More money than the clips, closer to home, better chance to win (sixers should be about 4th in the conference, clips will still struggle to get in playoffs). Why not sign with us?

Exactly, Philly out East with Brand> Clipps out West with Brand, not to mention more money.

Skywalker
07-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Well Clipps have tons of pimps and the Sixers have Iggy and what? Andre Miller? Sam Dalembert? Lou Williams. Brand going there will be decent I guess.

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Exactly, Philly out East with Brand> Clipps out West with Brand, not to mention more money.

exactly, and being close to home, and a brighter future...plus he can make the all star team easier...the list goes on and on

GOBB
07-08-2008, 08:13 PM
I dont feel like lookin for the thread to the "guru" who called Brand/B.Davis. Cuz he bumped into Brand who told him the deal. lol

Then again nothing is finalized. Just talk. So I'm gonna sit back and see.

Myth
07-08-2008, 08:14 PM
I will be as mad as when Baron bolted from the Clippers.

Which is not at all.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Well Clipps have tons of pimps and the Sixers have Iggy and what? Andre Miller? Sam Dalembert? Lou Williams. Brand going there will be decent I guess.
Sixers won 40 games without him. 48+ is logical with him. While if he stayed with the Clips he might need 48 wins just to GET IN the playoffs

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I dont feel like lookin for the thread to the "guru" who called Brand/B.Davis. Cuz he bumped into Brand who told him the deal. lol

Then again nothing is finalized. Just talk. So I'm gonna sit back and see.
:oldlol: the guy who ran into Brand at the gas station?

AItheAnswer3
It will be known as the LAScrewJob

FULL CLIP
Look on the bright side. Nothing is finalized/final. Brand could be using this as a way to make LAC push thier offer up. Unless LAC cant up thier offer/handcuffed?

Nah, it's the clips...there aren't any "bright sides".:violin:

Hopefully we try to get somebody to fill in and stop the extreme hemorrhage right now .

But I'm not just blaming brand, but more the clips cheap ass management. A bunch of stingy _______ that's what they are.

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 08:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479059

5 years 82 million

"Elton wants to go East"

plus we got a 2nd rounder in the carney deal

Skywalker
I doubt they win 48. Highly doubt it.

NoGunzJustSkillz
i wonder how much ticket prices are going up....it would have been a real nice investment buying season tickets last week or prior. oh well...i cant wait to attend some games...lakers/sixers game will be hard to get unlike this past season...i got great seats with ease....actually every game i went to i got bomb seats with ease...including game 3 vs. detroit.

Hopper15
07-08-2008, 08:18 PM

Yeah I say they win 50.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479059

5 years 82 million

"Elton wants to go East"

plus we got a 2nd rounder in the carney deal
:hammertime:

BFRESH44
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Props to the Sixers fans if true...:pimp:

Brand most have some real burned bridges in LA to dip AFTER they signed Boom Dizzle. :roll:

Hopper15
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
It's over, 99 percent sure Brand is coming to Philly.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 08:23 PM
wow will i witness lakers/sixers final part 2?

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
wow will i witness lakers/sixers final part 2?
don't get cocky now. at least give it another year

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Please Somebody With No Life Bump All The Threads The Clipp Fans Were Talking Mad Trash In...best Team In La My @ss..

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:26 PM
in the east? 46 minimum. if all stay healthy that is

FULL CLIP
07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Through and through...EB is still my nigg, and I can't hate on him for leaving no matter how shiesty. I've had a lot of good memories of him being here and carrying the franchise by himself for the longest.

Elton,Lamar,and Darius= the lovable losers

and I can't forget 05-06 either.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
the way the sixers played the pistons and celtics toward the end of the season, damn i am hyped. this team is legit even without brand. now with brand i believe the sixers will be one deadly fcking team. i hope this isnt a big old mess like past philly signings.

Myth
07-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Darius? Yikes.

Denali
07-08-2008, 08:36 PM
he's not leaving

High Potential
07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeh, I'm pretty sure Brand is going to stay, I mean he has a production company here in LA, a big ass mansion, and also he has said multiple times that he wants to play the rest of his career as a Clipper. It would make no sense for him to go to Philly.

Hopper15
he's not leaving

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers9-2008jul09,0,7626268.story

:roll:

konex

Brand is gone...

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:41 PM
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :party: :party:

Hopper15
07-08-2008, 08:41 PM

Brand is gone...

:roll: @ Baron

High Potential
07-08-2008, 08:42 PM

It says it is a verbal agreement. That means nothing in the NBA, he could just be trying to wrangle a longer contract or more money from the Clippers.

FULL CLIP
07-08-2008, 08:42 PM
he's not leaving

I'd like to hear that, but I'm not into some delusional 'ish, ya digg? But if he does somehow stay, you'll get mad rep from for calling it.:D

qrich
07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
It says it is a verbal agreement. That means nothing in the NBA, he could just be trying to wrangle a longer contract or more money from the Clippers.

Not even Clipper fans are being delusional about him staying

Mother****ing Andy Roeser needs to die. From what I've heard, he's the one that said no to the 6th year nor the no-trade clause.

sixerfan3511
07-08-2008, 08:44 PM
:roll: @ Baron

YES!

High Potential
07-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Not even Clipper fans are being delusional about him staying

Mother****ing Andy Roeser needs to die. From what I've heard, he's the one that said no to the 6th year nor the no-trade clause.
Why would he leave Hollywood and his production career behind?

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-08-2008, 08:46 PM
:party:

NoGunzJustSkillz
:party: he just left LA!

Hopper15

Every thing is a verbal agreement right now. Brand is gone.

qrich
07-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Why would he leave Hollywood and his production career behind?

A] Once you get started, you can basically do work from wherever you want. And he can always come back during the summer.

B] The East is not as deep as the West, so he's guaranteed a playoff spot and should get an All-Star nod easily now in my opinion.

C] Due to the East not being as deep nor as good from 1-10, he has more chances of making it to the NBA Finals

Myth

WOO HOO! Dance party!

:hammertime: :party: :banana: :party: :hammertime::rockon:

Posterize246
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
A] Once you get started, you can basically do work from wherever you want. And he can always come back during the summer.

B] The East is not as deep as the West, so he's guaranteed a playoff spot and should get an All-Star nod easily now in my opinion.

C] Due to the East not being as deep nor as good from 1-10, he has more chances of making it to the NBA Finals
haha werent you the one talking about him selling his house meant absolutely nothing last night?

plat1num
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM

infront of kg and bosh? doubt it

qrich
07-08-2008, 08:50 PM
haha werent you the one talking about him selling his house meant absolutely nothing last night?

It doesn't mean anything. He put his house for sell before any of this occurred and has another piece of property. Why would it mean anything agian?

Brand > Bosh. Elton does something exceptionally well which Bosh doesn't and that is play defense.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
It doesn't mean anything. He put his house for sell before any of this occurred and has another piece of property. Why would it mean anything agian?
Who's to say he wasn't thinking about opting out way back when he put it up for sale in June? He can keep his other property in LA for his producing. He's buying a house in suburban Philadelphia for the near future

nevetslc88
07-08-2008, 08:53 PM

Bosh is good but hes not better than Brand.

qrich
07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Who's to say he wasn't thinking about opting out way back when he put it up for sale in June? He can keep his other property in LA for his producing. He's buying a house in suburban Philadelphia for the near future

Like I said, how do you know he didn't put that house for sale because he was looking for a bigger one since he has a wife now and a child on the way due around October. It's moot to say he sold it to leave.

iggy>
07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
sixers season tickets are probably selling out as we speak.

:cheers:

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Like I said, how do you know he didn't put that house for sale because he was looking for a bigger one since he has a wife now and a child on the way due around October. It's moot to say he sold it to leave.
Deny all you want buddy

MrEncinas
07-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Well congrats to sixers fans. Should be a fun season next year. :cheers:

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
haha i feel like we traded rodney carney and calvin booth for elton brand. kinda lopsided ya think?

qrich
07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Deny all you want buddy

How is that denying? Show me a link where he says he sold the house because he knew he was going to opt out and go somewhere else guaranteed. Until you can't, don't be an ignorant idiot.

Thanks.

Posterize246
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
How is that denying? Show me a link where he says he sold the house because he knew he was going to opt out and go somewhere else guaranteed. Until you can't, don't be an ignorant idiot.

Thanks.
:oldlol: I'm ignorant? Brand puts his house up for sale and then moves across the country. Take the blinders off bud

RandomBalla55
07-08-2008, 08:59 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Brand is #1 most wanted on the West Coast now.

Props to 76ers fans though. :applause: :applause: :applause:

NugzFan
the east is far less competitive than the west, 10 million is hardly that much money when comparing it to a winning situation

money is not the answer to everything my friend

now the only problem is that opening day is TOO FAR AWAY!!!

10 mill is a lot of money no matter how you look at it.

but im glad brand is going east.

High Potential
Bosh is good but hes not better than Brand.
Bosh would not make the all star team in the West.

Elton Brand is much better than Giraffe Neck will ever be.

qrich
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
:oldlol: I'm ignorant? Brand puts his house up for sale and then moves across the country. Take the blinders off bud

How aren't you ignorant? There could be a million reasons to why he put that house for sale, and you're just speculating and passing it up as a fact.

nevetslc88
07-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Bosh would not make the all star team in the West.

Elton Brand is much better than Giraffe Neck will ever be.

Exactly totally agree