PDA

View Full Version : What Do Charles Barkley Fans Miss Most About Chuck?

Sir Charles
07-11-2008, 04:34 PM
The Greatest Powerforward Ever :cheers: :confusedshrug:

DuMa
07-11-2008, 04:35 PM
his total honesty.

InspiredLebowski
07-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Him mentioning Indiana as one of I think 4 places he'd like to play before he went to Houston.

sixerfan82
07-11-2008, 04:42 PM
i miss how he would be so intense on the court grabbing for rebounds, you don't see that much anymore

chuck used to rebound like the ball had a 20 million dollars in it, it was great

the time he got into it with shaq was priceless, i cant find it on youtube though

Sir Charles
07-11-2008, 04:42 PM
The Most Agressive, Relentless and Passionete Player I Ever Saw:applause: . He did not give a **** if you where 7`7 ft / 400 lbs. To him none should dare stand in his way. When he was pumped and ready to play he would let you know that without remorse. A Small Man that Saw Everyone as Smaller:rockon:

Sir Charles
07-11-2008, 04:59 PM
i miss how he would be so intense on the court grabbing for rebounds, you don't see that much anymore

chuck used to rebound like the ball had a 20 million dollars in it, it was great

the time he got into it with shaq was priceless, i cant find it on youtube though

They had it before on Youtube in 3 Parts of the Inside the NBA TNT TV Show (it sucks they took it out :( ) where Shaq was invited to side along Kenny and Charles. They were joking around about winning Championships and Shaq bugged Chuck saying "Which is Something You Would Not Know Anything About" hehe :oldlol: so then the Staff put on the Clip of the Fight: You could see clearly when it was filmed from the back that Shaq hit Charles on the face to diminish him in disrespect as Charles got a rebound. So then Charles launched the ball at his face. Shaq then threw a punch and Charles faked one way as the Punch grazed his face. Charles then inmediatly got Shaq by his Knees and Waste and Picked him Up like a Waste Basket! and landed on top of him. He was about to Punch him but then 3 or 4 players when on top of him to Stop it.

It was funny to see Charles grazed with a brooze on his face so pissed and Shaq`s face was Scared as hell. He did not realize that Charles Barkley was as strong and crazy as he was. You `ve got to be a bit crazy to mess with a 7`1 ft 340 lbs Dominant Center that was as Strong, Fast and Dominant as Shaq.

That was Chucks, Last Messege to People who did not See him Play when he was in his Prime :)

VCMVP1551
07-11-2008, 05:05 PM
They had it before on Youtube in 3 Parts of the Inside the NBA TNT TV Show (it sucks they took it out :( ) where Shaq was invited to side along Kenny and Charles. They were joking around about winning Championships and Shaq bugged Chuck saying "Which is Something You Would Not Know Anything About" hehe :oldlol: so then the Staff put on the Clip of the Fight: You could see clearly when it was filmed from the back that Shaq hit Charles on the face to diminish him in disrespect as Charles got a rebound. So then Charles launched the ball at his face. Shaq then threw a punch and Charles faked one way as the Punch grazed his face. Charles then inmediatly got Shaq by his Knees and Waste and Picked him Up like a Waste Basket! and landed on top of him. He was about to Punch him but then 3 or 4 players when on top of him to Stop it.

It was funny to see Charles grazed with a brooze on his face so pissed and Shaq`s face was Scared as hell. He did not realize that Charles Barkley was as strong and crazy as he was. You `ve got to be a bit crazy to mess with a 7`1 ft 340 lbs Dominant Center that was as Strong, Fast and Dominant as Shaq.

That was Chucks, Last Messege to People who did not See him Play when he was in his Prime :)

I have to give Chuck credit for going at someone that much bigger but Shaq didn't look scared. Shaq didn't have a mark on him while Shaq f*cked up Barkley's eye.

Sir Charles
07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I have to give Chuck credit for going at someone that much bigger but Shaq didn't look scared. Shaq didn't have a mark on him while Shaq f*cked up Barkley's eye.

It was not Chucks Eye it was his Cheek a slight graze. And he was pissed (He should have hit a punch when he was on top of Shaq). And yes Shaq was scared, I recommend you get the whole fight and even the camera shots from the back and you will see what really happened. Chuck did n`t take **** from anyone:banghead:

highwhey
07-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Everything about Chuck was perfect. I love him. His brawl with Shaq was hilarious, Barkley was a big dude but he reminded me of the short tough kids at school who fought kids twice their size.

I don't care if Duncan has 4 rings, he'll never be as outgoing and exciting as Barkley. Even Today, Barkley still makes me laugh. No doubt that he's one of the best, on the court and off it.

GOBB
07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Grabbing board going coast to coast with 1 behind the back dribble then the Gorilla Slam.

lefthook00
07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Very very underrated hops...

I loved his savage 2 handed dunks,his putbacks, and his swagger.

This is my favorite Barkley mix, I think the song fits perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXZYE9fPjHM&feature=related

Sir Charles
07-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Everything about Chuck was perfect. I love him. His brawl with Shaq was hilarious, Barkley was a big dude but he reminded me of the short tough kids at school who fought kids twice their size.

I don't care if Duncan has 4 rings, he'll never be as outgoing and exciting as Barkley. Even Today, Barkley still makes me laugh. No doubt that he's one of the best, on the court and off it.

Imagine if Charles was in his 20s and early 30s in todays no handchecking, zone defense and soft league of today?. His ppg, rpg, fg%, PER and all around game would be flying out the stat sheets:rolleyes:. Duncan will never be as good as Charles, not even close:no:

Y2Gezee
07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
His tenacity for going after boards, his press conferences, but probably the possibility for him to win a championship.

highwhey
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Imagine if Charles was in his 20s and early 30s in todays no handchecking, zone defense and soft league of today?. His ppg, rpg, fg%, PER and all around game would be flying out the stat sheets:rolleyes:. Duncan will never be as good as Charles, not even close:no:

I never said Barkley wasn't better than Duncan...that gorrilla faced ass is nowhere as good as Barkley, 4 rings or not.

sixerfan82
07-11-2008, 06:33 PM

well, if chuck didnt scare shaq, brad miller does hehe

StroShow4
07-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Grabbing board going coast to coast with 1 behind the back dribble then the Gorilla Slam.

that highlight is still the sh!t. :pimp:

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 01:15 AM
The NBA is not the same withouth the 1980s Legends :(

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0032/4255/jordan_barkley_article.jpg

iggy>
07-12-2008, 01:16 AM
duncan>

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 01:18 AM
duncan>

Yup in Your Dreams :)

iggy>
07-12-2008, 01:21 AM
Yup in Your Dreams :)
cmon i love barkley too but its hard to argue with 4 rings and 3 finals mvps...also 2 regular season mvps.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 01:45 AM
cmon i love barkley too but its hard to argue with 4 rings and 3 finals mvps...also 2 regular season mvps.

:no:

Check out Barkley`s stats in a tougher era in the late 80s and early 90s and compare :rolleyes:

Barkley = More Talented
Barkley = Better 1 on 1 Game
Barkley = Better Driver and Charger
Barkley = Better Post Player
Barkley = Better Long Distance Shooter
Barkley = Superior Ball Handler
Barkley = Better Hands
Barkley = Superior Passer and On The Fast Break Too
Barkley = Higher FG% and Unstoppableness
Barkley = Better Rebounder and Offensive Rebounder
Barkley = Better Anticipator for Steals
Barkley = Way Stronger
Barkley = More Athletic and Way Higher Leaper (39 Inch Vertical Leap)
Barkley = Much Faster and Quicker
Barkley = Way Way More Agressive
Barkley = More Clutch

Here is an aging Barkley`s stats facing Tim Duncan.

Charles at ages 34-36 and Duncan at ages 22-24. This was Duncan in perfect Phyisical Condition and Prime, with the Help in the Paint of David Robinson and in most Games the old Hakeem did not even play:hammerhead:

That is way Past His Prime!. He no longer head knees by 1994 and his back problemes increased the following years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=barklch01&p2=duncati01

Barkley vs Duncan

Barkley:

MPG: 34.5 (Playing Lesser)

PPG: 19.43
FG%: 47.2%
RPG 13.43
ASPG: 2.71
SPG: 2.1
BPG: 0.57
3-Point FG%: 25%

Duncan:

MPG: 38.5 (Playing Longer)

PPG: 16.0
RPG: 10.0
ASPG: 4.0
SPG: 0.29
BPG: 1.86
3-Point FG%: 0%

If this was Charles at ages 34-36, with Back and Knee Injuries, overweight and way Past His Prime...Just Imagine what Charles would do in HIS PRIME, HEALTHY, WITH IDEAL WEIGHT and in his 20s and early 30s?:hammerhead:

:confusedshrug:

Scott Pippen
07-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Barkley is GOAT PF:applause:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ospDD4fXeYE

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Barkley is GOAT PF:applause:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ospDD4fXeYE

Comming from a Pippen Fan. The Best SF of the 90s and one of the most underrated players Ever. I have nothing to say

Charles Barkley :bowdown:

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 02:20 AM
As for as GOAT PF

Well I don't consider Duncan a PF and I think Barkley was a more well rounded player than Malone. Chuck was a better rebounder, a better passer, more versatile, more clutch and didn't have nearly the supporting cast Malone did. Chuck also could score in more ways 1 on 1 while Malone relied on Stockton a lot.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 02:36 AM
As for as GOAT PF

Well I don't consider Duncan a PF and I think Barkley was a more well rounded player than Malone. Chuck was a better rebounder, a better passer, more versatile, more clutch and didn't have nearly the supporting cast Malone did. Chuck also could score in more ways 1 on 1 while Malone relied on Stockton a lot.

Thats quite obvious, agreed. And Barkley had no real position. Even though he played PF at only 1.95 mt it seemed as if he was playing Guard, Forward and Center All in one single motion. We will never see another player like that. That is why to me the NBA sucks after Barkley retired. Thank God I did not see his retirment. I would have wept to all the memories:( : to him not winning a championship, to his freakish unequal game that will never be repeated again and to how hard this man played.

Nobody will ever Play More Agressive, Relentless, Passionete and Hard as Charles. Nobody! :no:

Lebron23
07-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Charles is the greatest PF of all time :cheers:

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Charles is the greatest PF of all time :cheers:

Its sad to see so many people have forgotten that while they watch a a very weak NBA league post the 90 believe that Duncan or Garnett where better than Charles. I can tell you Malone and McHale were belowe him and these two where above Duncan and Garnett. :hammerhead: . Charles goes beyond stats and championships. People should have watched him more between 1985 and 1995 when he had healthy knees and no back problems. He was so good they would probaly react by Hating him (as many did in those days, even Stern) or Loveing him, as only some true oldschool ballers did and do:applause:

I am blessed to have seen Charles between 1992 and 1996 (even though He has said many times he was better in Philly). I used to be a Magic, Bird and Jordan fan those days but Charles won my fanship because he was right in there. My friends that played basketball also hated him but in 1993 I just remember their stupid faces giving these expression :ohwell: :eek: . I told them never to put any other player close to Bird, Magic and Jordan that did not have the name Barkley:hammerhead: .

After 1994 Charles injuries killed his real game, so I stopped watching Basketball as frequently because In my mind he was not only the Greatest Powerforward Ever and The Greatest Player Ever Not To Win A Championship but A Player that Will Never Be Recognized As How Good He Really Was. Those people that make fun of Charles on that TNT shows because he is so open, funny and doesnt care about ridicule (believing in their minds he was just a good player) should go watch what Charles did to Shaq. Thats what they deserve atleast:)

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Thats quite obvious, agreed. And Barkley had no real position. Even though he played PF at only 1.95 mt it seemed as if he was playing Guard, Forward and Center All in one single motion. We will never see another player like that. That is why to me the NBA sucks after Barkley retired. Thank God I did not see his retirment. I would have wept to all the memories:( : to him not winning a championship, to his freakish unequal game that will never be repeated again and to how hard this man played.

Nobody will ever Play More Agressive, Relentless, Passionete and Hard as Charles. Nobody! :no:

Yes Barkley was a beast. At 6'6" and 252-284 pounds he dominated players 4 inches taller and is among the greatest rebounders ever. Bill Walton said it best when he said Charles was one of those players like Bird and Magic that didn't really play a position because he did it all on the court.

willds09
07-12-2008, 03:22 AM
yea barkley was tha man in tha 90's, especially with tha suns, tha " im not a role model" commercial for his sneakers, that was nice back in tha day, and i whish he coulda had a ring, if it wasnt for my favorite player lol:cheers:

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 03:27 AM
My favorite NBA Finals no question.
1. Old Chicago stadium. loud as f#@k.
2. PRIME JORDAN Avg what 41+/58% on NBA all-defense Majerle (who hit a 4-point play thru BJ's arms from 1/2 court like it was a 18-footer)
3. Dumas ski'd up dunking on everybody.
4. Mark West fouling out in Q1, so Oliver Miller t!tt!es could shake.
5. Prime Pippen playing point.
6. Paxson 60% of his 3's, not looking like an @sshole drafting bums.

Almost good as 1992 Bulls-Knicks in Madison Sq. Garden/Old Chicago Stadium

My favorite Finals too. The first one I watched. Who can forget jordan's 55 point gameor the triple OT game?

highwhey
07-12-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm glad you posers are off the Duncan is GOAT PF bandwagon. A few weeks ago most of you idiots were claiming that Duncan was GOAT and Malone was 2nd, with Barkley being in 3rd...now you decide to change your minds? F*CKING ASS WIPES.

This thread only proves that 90% of ISH members are on bandwagons. :banghead:

stevieming
07-12-2008, 04:52 AM
I love CB...

love the way he gets after the boards...

love his rebounding tips - "just go get the ball!"

He is my all time favourite player..!!

To top it off, he is such an open personality who isn't afraid to give his real opinion on things....

Unlike Bron, who is so boring.....

I've tried to model my game like CB, but I've come to realise i am more of a shooter then anything else...the only thing I've gained is offensive boards, I can get after that big time, but not a good defensive rebounder...

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 04:53 AM
Yes Barkley was a beast. At 6'6" and 252-284 pounds he dominated players 4 inches taller and is among the greatest rebounders ever. Bill Walton said it best when he said Charles was one of those players like Bird and Magic that didn't really play a position because he did it all on the court.

Barkley is 6`4 ft + 5/8 of an inch. According to the 1992 Olympic Measurments he just peeks the 1.95 mt mark.

That is below 6`5 ft which = 1.9558

But yes his muscule tone and body frame was Shaq like, even stronger by inch and was oveweight for his first 2 seasons and last 4. And lets not forget that Charles in his Prime could leap 39 inches of the ground and was a fast as a train.

willds09
07-12-2008, 04:57 AM
I love CB...

love the way he gets after the boards...

love his rebounding tips - "just go get the ball!"

He is my all time favourite player..!!

To top it off, he is such an open personality who isn't afraid to give his real opinion on things....

Unlike Bron, who is so boring.....

I've tried to model my game like CB, but I've come to realise i am more of a shooter then anything else...the only thing I've gained is offensive boards, I can get after that big time, but not a good defensive rebounder...
bron isnt that boring, but his outside game is, and yea he pass tha ball too DAMN much when tha game is on tha line :ohwell:

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 05:09 AM
[B]Barkley is 6`4 ft + 5/8 of an inch. According to the 1992 Olympic Measurments he just peeks the 1.95 mt mark.

That is below 6`5 ft which = 1.9558

Barkley is over 6'5" and possibly 6'6". Here is some proof.

Chuck and 6'3 3/4" Dwyane Wade
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/ChuckWade.jpg

Looks atleast 2 inches taller than Wade

Charles barefoot next to 6'3" listed Kenny Smith(probably 6'1"-6'2")
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/untitled3.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/untitled2.jpg

4-5 inches taller than Kenny Smith

Charles and 7'1" Shaq
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/ShaqChuck.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/ShaqChuck2.jpg

Only 7 or maybe 8 inches shorter than Shaq.

Charles and 6'7" Magic Johnson
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/CharlesBar_Kambo_8220801_400.jpg

Chuck looks only half an inch shorter.

Charles and 6'7" Dominique Wilkins
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/BarkleyNiqueDumarsHOF.jpg

Looks only an inch shorter

Barkley and 6'5 1/2" Julius Erving
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/BarkleyDrJ.jpg

Looks the same height

If you want to talk exact heights then Chuck is 6'5 1/4" or 6'5 3/4" barefoot(he's claimed those heights at times) and about 6'7" in shoes. Not trying to diminish what he's done. 6'5"-6'6" is very short for a PF regardless.

Gotterdammerung
07-12-2008, 05:13 AM
Here is an aging Barkley`s stats facing Tim Duncan.
Immaterial. Charles Barkley did not guard Tim Duncan in their games, which I should point out that in their 8 games, Duncan won 6 of them. :rockon:

jlitt
07-12-2008, 06:02 AM
The thing i miss most about barkley was his demeanor on the court. He was always so serious and took winning to heart. He would do whatever it took to win on the court and part of that was intimidating his opponent. Imagine a 6'4'' pf to be the most intimidating player in today's nba. It's almost laughable, yet during barkely's career he was the most intimidating player....sans shaq for a few years. That guy was just so unique. What athleticism, what ball handing and passing skills. It made him so dominant. He literally dominated his opponents physically and skill wise to the point where they didn't deserve to be on the court. No one goes coast to coast like he use to, its just unfathomable to think that one could be that much better than their peers but he was exactly that.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=Gotterdammerung]Immaterial. Charles Barkley did not guard Tim Duncan in their games, which I should point out that in their 8 games, Duncan won 6 of them.QUOTE]

:no: I should point to you that Duncan did Not Win , His "TEAM WON", "THE SPURS WON" :hammerhead: and actually Barkley guarded Duncan all those Games because Hakeem missed like 3-4 of those 7 games. You can go look it up Game for Game on basketball-reference.com and on youtube there is a block by Hakeem on Duncan of the Ball and Barkley was guarding Duncan. Duncan obviousely could not stop a Barkley whom was over 34, with inmense knee injuries and back aches and not even close to his playing weight which was 255-60 lbs. By then he was bordering the 280 lbs mark again and could not even move or leap as he used to

Still these are the results:

url]http://www.basketball-reference.com/fc/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=barklch01&p2=duncati01[/url]

Barkley vs Duncan

Barkley:

MPG: 34.5 (Playing Lesser)

PPG: 19.43
FG%: 47.2%
RPG 13.43
ASPG: 2.71
SPG: 2.1
BPG: 0.57
3-Point FG%: 25%

Duncan:

MPG: 38.5 (Playing Longer)

PPG: 16.0
RPG: 10.0
ASPG: 4.0
SPG: 0.29
BPG: 1.86
3-Point FG%: 0%

Charles was not Guardable in his Prime. He was TOO QUICK, TO GOOD OF A BALL HANDLER AND 1 ON 1 DRIVER, TO STRONG AND COULD LEAP 39 INCHES OF THE GROUND AT OVER 260 LBS. Ask anyone who saw him play from 1985 to 1995. Karl Malone only guarded him in the All Star Matches for Fun in Real Games all the teams had to put in a faster Small Forward that could tire him and was stocky enough to Guard a PF for half of the time and then the other half, put some 6`10, 6`11 Forward-Center type "ala" Ortis Thorpe, Chris Gatling etc to stop him from getting in the paint which he eventually he would do, do to his inmense Speed, Strength, Will or Talent. Add to the fact he could Start Fast Freaks, Fill in Lanes and be A Great Assiter

Charles is 6`4 ft and 3/4 at most. The Olimpic Measurments indicate 1.95 mt. That is below 6`5 ft which is 1.9558 mt. I actually went to Kenny Smiths Camp in 1996 and this dude was not even close to 1.88 mt :rolleyes: , Kenny is around 1.85 mt with shoes on. He is around 6`0 ft

Take a look at this pick. Check out Stockton he is barely 6`0 ft and then Check out Penny Hardaway who is 6`7 (same height as Clyde) which is 2.01 mt. As you see the idiot that compared Penny to Charles made a straight line from Penny`s forhead and spread it to Chucks Pointy Bump which is what the camera shows "Looking Down" on Charles because he is got "No Hair".

Make a Straight Line from Penny`s Forhead and then spread it to Chucks and you will see that Barkley is atleast 3 inches shorter Penny:

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ir50up.jpg

John Stockton is = 6`0 (1.83 mt)
Penny Hardaway is = 6`7 ( 2.01 mt)
Karl Malone is = 6`9 (2.06 mt)

Charles Barkley is = 6`4 and 5/8 (around 1.94/95 mt)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the tip of the Screen of both Pictures

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/jordan_barkley.jpg

http://www.peogles.com/images/jordanbarkley.jpg

Michael Jordan is 1 cm or so from 6`6 (198.12). He is = 6`5 and 7/8 ft (1.97 mt)
Charles Barkley is = 6`4 and 5/8 (around 1.94/95 mt)

Charles Barkley at 1.94/95 mt is clearly below 6`5 ft which = 195.58 mt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[B]Tall Women (in the range close to 6`0 ft) standing next to Charles.

chains5000
07-12-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm so sick of all Barkely lovers and their "he's 6'4"...

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 07:46 AM
http://www.painetworks.com/photos/hl/hl2041.JPG

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 07:54 AM
The pictures I posted are better. They show Barkley barefoot as well as an excellent picture next to Dominique where they both have very good posture. You look for horrible angle pictures which show Chuck shorter than he really is.

You also got a lot of heights wrong.

Penny measured 6'6" at the 1993 pre-draft camp
Danny Manning measured 6'9" at the 1988 Olympics
I've heard is really Karl Malone is 6'8"
I heard Jordan was measured 6'4 7/8" at the rookie camp not 6'5 7/8"

If you want to go with 6'4 3/4", 6'4 5.8" or whatever for Barkley then fine but don't refer to everyone else by their listed height then just to make Barkley's accomplishments seem more impressive. Atleast be consistent.

And you also said Arnold was measured recently at 6'1" yet you say he's 6'0"? Man you'll do anything to downgrade Barkley's height.

Not to mention the fact that if you go by Chuck's real height he still probably is about 6'6" or 6'5" and change but even if he isn't a full 6'6" remember Chuck isn't the only NBA player listed above their actual height.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 08:02 AM
The pictures I posted are better. They show Barkley barefoot as well as an excellent picture next to Dominique where they both have very good posture. You look for horrible angle pictures which show Chuck shorter than he really is.

If you want to go with 6'4 3/4", 6'4 5.8" or whatever for Barkley then fine but don't refer to everyone else by their listed height then just to make Barkley's accomplishments seem more impressive. Atleast be consistent.

And you also said Arnold was measured recently at 6'1" yet you say he's 6'0"? Man you'll do anything to downgrade Barkley's height.

Not to mention the fact that if you go by Chuck's real height he still probably is about 6'6" or 6'5" and change but even if he isn't a full 6'6" remember Chuck isn't the only NBA player listed above their actual height.

Look all I can say is that I Saw Charles play from 1991 on and every single game all powerforwards that played against him where atleast 5 inches taller if not 6 or 7. Charles when put next to SG was also smaller. Just look at the pick of Danny Maning and he is at least 6 inches taller if not 7.:rolleyes: :confusedshrug:

Check Out Birds 6`9 ft frame from Foot to Head and Compare Chucks:

Only 3 inches taller? Yea Right!:)

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/andy_gray/12/05/3pointers.bird/p1_bird2.jpg

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 08:05 AM
How the hell would his stocky frame make him look taller?!!!! :roll:

That's the opposite of reality. Stocky people look shorter than they are and thin people look taller than they are.

Did you seriously just try to use a picture of Charles jumping in the air to try to judge his height???? :hammerhead:

You also didn't answer my question about Arnold either. If he was measured 6'1" recently then why do you assume that he's 6'0" now. Is it because that makes Charles look about 6'4.5"-6'5" instead of looking his actual height which is around 6'5.5"-6'6"?

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 08:11 AM
How the hell would his stocky frame make him look taller?!!!! :roll:

That's the opposite of reality. Stocky people look shorter than they are and thin people look taller than they are.

Did you seriously just try to use a picture of Charles jumping in the air to try to judge his height???? :hammerhead:

You also didn't answer my question about Arnold either. If he was measured 6'1" recently then why do you assume that he's 6'0" now. Is it because that makes Charles look about 6'4.5"-6'5" instead of looking his actual height which is around 6'5.5"-6'6"?

Stockier people look Biger and Taller hance Camera also expands both size and weight. Arnold used to be 1.87 but his daughter measured him and he is now 1.83 mts

He is yo know? 61 years old!:rolleyes:
Same Goes for DJ who is probaly around 70 years old
You Know? People Shrink by their 50s?

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-177.html

Arnold Schwarzenegger's height is 6 ft 0 in (183 cm)
Peak height was 6 ft 1.5 in (187 cm)

Many people have met him and in his early career a lot of the estimates are 6ft 1-2. Jon Meade said Arnie told him in a 1980 interview he was "6ft 1.5", Vince Basille has said he measured Arnie in 1969 at 6ft 1.5. His email to me. Arnold has also recently said that he was "6ft 1 and 3/4" but now has shrunk to 6ft 1, as measured by his daughter.

http://espndeportes-akamai.espn.go.com/2003/photos2008/0218/barkley_332x170.jpg

And lets not forget Chucks ocational Shoe Wear = Usually Sneakers! under those Suits!

Lebron23
07-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Stockier people look Biger and Taller hance Camera also expands both size and weight. Arnold used to be 1.87 but his daughter measured him and he is now 1.83 mts

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-177.html

Many people have met him and in his early career a lot of the estimates are 6ft 1-2. Jon Meade said Arnie told him in a 1980 interview he was "6ft 1.5", Vince Basille has said he measured Arnie in 1969 at 6ft 1.5. His email to me. Arnold has also recently said that he was "6ft 1 and 3/4" but now has shrunk to 6ft 1, as measured by his daughter.

And lets not forget Chucks ocation Shoe Wear. Usually Sneakers! under those Suits!

I also think that Charles Barkley is 6'4 5/8", and Arnie is now 6'0" at the age of 62.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 08:26 AM
I also think that Charles Barkley is 6'4 5/8", and Arnie is now 6'0" at the age of 62.

Believe what you want. Danny Ainge said Charles is not taller than him. Kenny Smith said Charles was 6`4 "if that" and finally the Olympic Measturments (Most Exact:confusedshrug: ) from Barcelona 1992 for the whole The Dream Team gave results that were once suspected before:

Magic measured 6 ft 7.5 ft (2.02 mt)
Charles measured 6 ft 4.75 ft (195 cm)

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Stockier people look Biger and Taller hance Camera also expands both size and weight.

No everyone knows heavier people look shorter than they are.

Arnold used to be 1.87 but his daughter measured him and he is now 1.83 mts

You said his daughter measured him 6'1".

Yes most people and you said Arnold shrunk from 6'1 3/4" to 6'1". So where's the 6'0" part coming in?

Shrunk to 6'1" NOT 6'0"

And lets not forget Chucks ocational Shoe Wear = Usually Sneakers! under those Suits!

That was the point of the barefoot pictures. :hammerhead:

Chuck isn't under 6'5" and you've provided very little proof to contradict that statement.

Believe what you want. Danny Ainge said Charles is not taller than him. Kenny Smith said Charles was 6`4 "if that" and finally the Olympic Measturments (Most Exact:confusedshrug: ) from Barcelona 1992 for the whole The Dream Team gave results that were once suspected before:

Magic measured 6 ft 7.5 ft (2.02 mt)
Charles measured 6 ft 4.75 ft (195 cm)

Here's the list of Olympic "measurements".

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=CSTB&p_theme=cstb&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EB373C440C2CF58&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

They didn't measure the players, they just knocked exactly 2 inches off of all of their listed heights.

And if Charles is 6'4" then Kenny Smith is under 6 feet.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 08:39 AM

Camera makes you look taller and heavier

Yes most people and you said Arnold shrunk from 6'1 3/4" to 6'1". So where's the 6'0" part coming in?

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Arnold...egger-177.html

Chuck isn't under 6'5" and you've provided very little proof to contradict that statement.

Well if Arnold is now 6`0 ft = 1. 83 and usually wears elegant shoes which are not as thick or give any ground for excesive inches added and Charles usually wears sneakers instead of shoes (even if having a suite on, yes he is quite tacky:) the picture shows Charles is around 12 cms taller, thats about it:confusedshrug:

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 08:47 AM

Camera makes you look taller and heavier

Maybe so but it wouldn't make a heavier person look taller in comparison to other people in the picture.

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Arnold...egger-177.html

Well if Arnold is now 6`0 ft = 1. 83 and usually wears elegant shoes which are not as thick or give any ground for excesive inches added and Charles usually wears sneakers instead of shoes (even if having a suite on, yes he is quite tacky:) the picture shows Charles is around 12 cms taller, thats about it:confusedshrug:

That site estimates Arnold as 6'0" now but stop using his daughters measurement as proof he's 6'0" when she measured him 6'1" and stop using some sites estimate as a fact.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Here is a Picture of Dennis Rodman guarding Charles. Dennis is said to be between 6`6 ft and 1/2.

Does Charles look 2 and 1/2 to 3 inches shorter? Yes:confusedshrug:

http://www.jackieandfritz.com/2007/01/who-said-charles-or-dennis.html

Now Here is Arnie next to Charles. Arnie wearing elegant flat shoes and Charles wearing sneakers which add some inches to his height.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02WU9DqcGG9ie/610x.jpg

Here is the Picture You mention where Arnie, Shaq, Charles and Kenny are on.

Now Check Out this...Who is Wearing the Thickest and Biggest SNEAKERS? = Charles! :confusedshrug:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2436/shaqtnt4um3.jpg

He is around 6`4 1/2 ft to 6`5 ft. No taller than that. Now on the other hand. Check out Chucks Leaping Ability in his Prime

http://www.jordanextreme.com/photo15/9091SixersBarkleyDish.jpg

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Here is a Picture of Dennis Rodman guarding Charles. Dennis is said to be between 6`6 ft and 1/2.

Does Charles look 2 and 1/2 to 3 inches shorter? Yes:confusedshrug:

http://www.jackieandfritz.com/2007/01/who-said-charles-or-dennis.html

:hammerhead: He's guarding him! Their knees are bent!!!!!!! How the hell can you judge height from that picture???

Here is the Picture You mention where Arnie, Shaq, Charles and Kenny are on.

Now Check Out this...Who is Wearing the Thickest and Biggest SNEAKERS? = Charles! :confusedshrug:

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2436/shaqtnt4um3.jpg[/QUOTE]

First of all Charles looked 6'5.5"-6'6" in his bare feet in the pictures I posted.

Second of all Shaq is 7'1" and even though Shaq is slouching there's no way Charles is 8.5"-9" inches shorter than Shaq.

[B]He is around 6`4 1/2 ft to 6`5 ft. No taller than that.

I guess he has lifts in his bare feet then. :hammerhead:

Now on the other hand. Check out Chucks Leaping Ability in his Prime

http://www.jordanextreme.com/photo15/9091SixersBarkleyDish.jpg

Yes Charles was a tremendous athlete which is why i don't see why you need to try to make his accomplishments seem more impressive by saying he's shorter than he really is. His accomplishments are incredible whether he's 6'4" or 6'6".

statman32
07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
This thread gives me a headache. It also makes me want to hate Barkley. :oldlol:

Anaximandro1
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM

:roll:

ballinforkeeps
07-12-2008, 04:26 PM
i miss it when he started his sentences w/ 'first of all'

first of all, dirk cant guard kobe cuz, first of all, dirk shouldnt even be on kobe cuz hes a, first of all, dallas aint makin the playoffs cuz they too daam, first of all, if were gonna talk about the playoffs we gotta talk about my A-T-L-ANTA HAKWS BABY!!! we took the celtics to 7 games. HAWKS 2008-2009 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!11 GINOBLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok if Charles Barkley is 6`6 ft then that means all 6`8 and 6`9 footers that guarded him are actually 2 to 3 inches taller than they really where because when I saw him play every PF that guarded him was atleast 5 inches taller than him (trust me not 3 not 4) if not 6 or 7 inches taller.

Charles is 1 inch and 1/2 shorter than Jordan. Like it or not

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Ok if Charles Barkley is 6`6 ft then that means all 6`8 and 6`9 footers that guarded him are actually 2 to 3 inches taller than they really where because when I saw him play every PF that guarded him was atleast 5 inches taller than him (trust me not 3 not 4) if not 6 or 7 inches taller.

Charles is 1 inch and 1/2 shorter than Jordan. Like it or not

Chuck is only an inch or an inch and a half shorter than Dominique and Magic. Like it or not.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Chuck is only an inch or an inch and a half shorter than Dominique and Magic. Like it or not.

If thats how you want t see it. Then i repeat. All those 6`8, 6`9 and 6`10 ft PFs that Charles played along with when I saw him are "2 to 3 inches Taller Than What They Are Listed". The Shorters Powerforward I Eve Saw Guard Charles was listed at 6`6 ft and these owns always seemed Easiely But Much Taller. Period!:rolleyes: . And Charles is shoter than Jordan as Jordan himself. Go Ask Danny Ainge. Go Ask Kenny Smith:confusedshrug:

Ever realized that Charles was very seldom below 260 lbs of Natural Pure Strength, Speed and Weight?

Do you realize that 260 lbs and a 39 inch vertical leap plus the Agressive, Relentless and Passionete Style Never Seen Before by Any Player was also a feature of Charles? A reason why he was so unstoppable and could score at a very high FG% (even while Shooting some dumb 3 pointers), grab incredible rebounds and shot block Centers face up?

Well that was the key for Charles:confusedshrug:

iggy>
07-12-2008, 06:46 PM
wow, this thread is full of so much useless information, im so glad i came in here.

Loki
07-12-2008, 07:10 PM

Jordan definitely grew at least 1/2-3/4 of an inch from his rookie year through 1991. You can clearly see a difference in height. I'd be surprised if he measured 6'4 7/8" as a rookie since that's about what he was as a 27 year old (i.e., 6'6" with shoes).

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Jordan definitely grew at least 1/2-3/4 of an inch from his rookie year through 1991. You can clearly see a difference in height. I'd be surprised if he measured 6'4 7/8" as a rookie since that's about what he was as a 27 year old (i.e., 6'6" with shoes).

To be honest I don't know of any legit measurement of Jordan. I've heard he was 6'4 7/8" but I was just told that by another fan. I've never seen a link to back that up. I'll bet anything that Jordan wasn't 6'5 7/8" without shoes like Sir Charles says though. The 1992 Olympics listed Jordan at 6'4" but they knocked exactly 2 inches off of every players listed height.

[B]If thats how you want t see it. Then i repeat. All those 6`8, 6`9 and 6`10 ft PFs that Charles played along with when I saw him are "2 to 3 inches Taller Than What They Are Listed". The Shorters Powerforward I Eve Saw Guard Charles was listed at 6`6 ft and these owns always seemed Easiely But Much Taller. Period!:rolleyes: . And Charles is shoter than Jordan as Jordan himself. Go Ask Danny Ainge. Go Ask Kenny Smith:confusedshrug:

I don't care what Kenny says, I saw him barefoot with Charles and Kenny was 4-5 inches shorter so if Chuck is 6'4" then Kenny is under 6 foot.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 07:55 PM
To be honest I don't know of any legit measurement of Jordan. I've heard he was 6'4 7/8" but I was just told that by another fan. I've never seen a link to back that up. I'll bet anything that Jordan wasn't 6'5 7/8" without shoes like Sir Charles says though. The 1992 Olympics listed Jordan at 6'4" but they knocked exactly 2 inches off of every players listed height.

I don't care what Kenny says, I saw him barefoot with Charles and Kenny was 4-5 inches shorter so if Chuck is 6'4" then Kenny is under 6 foot.

Like i said. I was in Kenny`s Basketball Camp in 1996 and he did not seem even close to 6`2 ft to me at all. 6'2 ft = 1.88 mt. To me Smith is 1.86 mt at most with Sneakers on, so give him a 1.84 mt mark without them (just a bit above the 6`0 ft mark). Charles was listed at 1.95 mt in the 92 Olympics with Sneakers off. 6`5 ft is around 1.995-96 mt. Charles looks around 1.97-98 mt with sneakers on. That is just around 6`6 ft on court. Jordan with sneakers on court looks 6`6 and 1/2 (2.00 mt) but withouth them he is probaly around 1.97 mt. Dennis Rodman is listed at and looks around 6`8 ft (2.03 mt) on court with Sneakers be he has calimed himself to 6`6 ft and 1/2 (around the 2.00-2.001 mt mark).

All I Can say is that Charles when guarded by Dennis Rodman whom is listed exactly at 6`8 ft but claims himself to be 6`6 and 1/2 (2.00-2.01 mt) as said....looks atleast 5 to 6 cm TALLER THAN HIM if NOT MORE!

See For Yourselves here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jGX_HXlTV-Q

Look the when they are going for rebounds at:

0.53 to 0.57 seconds (fighting for rebounds with Rodman)
1.56 to 1.59 minute (fighting for rebounds with Rodman)
4.32 to 4.37 minute (repetition after Charles shoots a three on Rodman)
8.07 to 8.11 minute (after driving in and Scoring on Rodman, Jordan next to both)

Evidence Enough? :rolleyes: :confusedshrug:

VCMVP1551
07-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Like i said. I was in Kenny`s Basketball Camp in 1996 and he did not seem even close to 6`2 ft to me at all. 6'2 ft = 1.88 mt. To me Smith is 1.86 mt at most with Sneakers on, so give him a 1.84 mt mark without them (just a bit above the 6`0 ft mark).

So even if your 6'0.5" estimate for Barkley is right then Charles is likely 6'5"-6'5.5".

Charles was listed at 1.95 mt in the 92 Olympics with Sneakers off. 6`5 ft is around 1.995-96 mt.

No he wasn't he was listed 193 cm at the 1992 Olympics.
http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=CSTB&p_theme=cstb&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EB373C440C2CF58&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

They just knocked 2 inches off every players listed height at the Olympics.

Charles looks around 1.97-98 mt with sneakers on. That is just around 6`6 ft on court.

I saw him againsta height chart in his mugshot. He's 6'7"-6'8" with shoes.

Jordan with sneakers on court looks 6`6 and 1/2 (2.00 mt) but withouth them he is probaly around 1.97 mt.

Dennis Rodman is listed at and looks around 6`8 ft (2.03 mt) on court with Sneakers be he has calimed himself to 6`6 ft and 1/2 (around the 2.00-2.001 mt mark).

All I Can say is that Charles when guarded by Dennis Rodman whom is listed exactly at 6`8 ft but claims himself to be 6`6 and 1/2 (2.00-2.01 mt) as said....looks atleast 5 to 6 cm TALLER THAN HIM if NOT MORE!

See For Yourselves here:

Look the when they are going for rebounds at:

0.53 to 0.57 seconds (fighting for rebounds with Rodman)
1.56 to 1.59 minute (fighting for rebounds with Rodman)
4.32 to 4.37 minute (repetition after Charles shoots a three on Rodman)
8.07 to 8.11 minute (after driving in and Scoring on Rodman, Jordan next to both)

You can't judge someones height when their knees are bent and they're going up for a rebound. :roll: Besides Charles looks barely shorter when they're running back up court at 4:32.

Evidence Enough? :rolleyes: :confusedshrug:

Not even close.

Sir Charles
07-12-2008, 08:07 PM
So even if your 6'0.5" estimate for Barkley is right then Charles is likely 6'5"-6'5.5".

No he wasn't he was listed 193 cm at the 1992 Olympics.

They just knocked 2 inches off every players listed height at the Olympics.

I saw him againsta height chart in his mugshot. He's 6'7"-6'8" with shoes.

You can't judge someones height when their knees are bent and they're going up for a rebound. :roll: Besides Charles looks barely shorter when they're running back up court at 4:32.

Not even close.

:) Just Look at the Vids Guys.

Minute: 2.37 through 2.39 . On Houstons side Charles guarding Rodman. Again!
Minute: 9.15 to 9.19. Charles battles Rodman for an Offensive Rebound and Scores. Again more Evidence!

The Evidence is quite Clear. Rodman is 5 to 6 cms (I am being nice because he actually has like 7 to 8 cms on Chuck) taller than Chuck if not More :rockon:

If people are not convinced go ask Kenny Smith. He said in Chucks last game. "Charles at 6`4, if that, The Only Player that Could do that (after grabing an offensive rebound)". Danny Ainge has even jocked around saying "Chuck you are not 6`6 ft you aint even taller than me"

stevieming
07-13-2008, 03:20 AM
I know I definitely don't miss all this talk about CB's height!!