PDA

View Full Version : Hamed Ehadadi the next big thing (from July 2008)

Lebron23
07-21-2008, 04:07 AM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080719/capt.876a36e370a24c12b3fc0b261236224c.rmr_iran_mav ericks_basketball_rmr104.jpg

He is one of the best Center in Asia, and he is going to play in the 2008 Beijing, Olympics to represent Iran. He is very mobile for a legit 7 footer, and he reminds me of a younger version of Zydrunas Ilgauskas.. With the lack of Natural Centers in the NBA i think General Managers and Talent Scouts should take a look at his potential, and maybe they could offer him a 10 day NBA Contract.

I think Hamed Ehadadi could make it in the NBA, and he is the only Asian beside the Chinese players that has the potential to be a good role player in the NBA.

Ehadadi scored 19 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists in his first Official Summer League Game againts the Dallas Mavericks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmweMX0Y-8M&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DIvRbShHsc&feature=related&fmt=18

xTozer
07-21-2008, 06:20 AM
He sucks.

I saw him play a few times vs. Australia...I dont know how many times youve seen him actually play though, I could make anybody look great with Highlights.

Quata
From what i saw of him in a game which Iran vs Australia last month he sucked hard. He was bricking open shots under the hoops and all kinds of crazy ****, maybe he just had a really off game.

Quata
He sucks.

I saw him play a few times vs. Australia...I dont know how many times youve seen him actually play though, I could make anybody look great with Highlights.

werd brother. So i wasnt the only one

plowking
07-21-2008, 07:07 AM
He sucks.

Its even hard to make this guy look good with highlights. He just looks like he plain sucks.

Lebron23
07-21-2008, 07:15 AM
From what i saw of him in a game which Iran vs Australia last month he sucked hard. He was bricking open shots under the hoops and all kinds of crazy ****, maybe he just had a really off game.

He had a good game against a Summer League team last weekend, and Even Yi Jianlian had some bad game againts the Australian Basketball Team, but doesn't made him a lesser player in the NBA.

highhopes
07-21-2008, 08:14 AM
He had a good game against a Summer League team last weekend, and Even Yi Jianlian had some bad game againts the Australian Basketball Team, but doesn't made him a lesser player in the NBA.

To be fair, though, Yi hasn't proven anything in the NBA yet either.

I happened to have watched the same Australia - Iran tri-series and saw him. Although you could see there was a good player beneath the mediocrity, he still doesn't look like great NBA material. He could make a bench, but kind of in a Mile Ilic role ie. international guy off the bench who rarely plays on a pretty poor team anyway (For those of you wondering, Ilic plays/ed for the Nets).

I don't know, I could be wrong, but he doesn't seem like any kind of player to get excited about right now.

ruslan
07-21-2008, 09:29 AM
even his name says so! :bowdown: to king!

3stat2
07-21-2008, 09:44 AM
From that video it appears he has a somewhat decent soft touch. But if Iran plays the USA, he's going to get eaten alive by Dwight and Bosh. Probably Yao and Bogut too. It'll be interesting to watch anyway.

trig
07-21-2008, 12:52 PM
he had a hard time against Asi Taulava from philippines last asian games. Asi is just 6'8-6'9 and way past his prime

bigboi_baller
07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
First Arab to "potentially" be in the NBA, no?

starface
07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
personally i cant wait until a team buy's out Borat's contract with his Kazahkstan team and brings him over to play in the L

Borat is off da hizzo!

moaz
07-21-2008, 01:10 PM

Iranian are not Arabs. They are Persians.
Go and read some books.

starface
07-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Go and read some books.

i think the main point still stands tho, which is that the difference isnt important

K-Mart
07-21-2008, 01:51 PM
i think the main point still stands tho, which is that the difference isnt important

yes but Persians and Arabs are two different types of people. Just saying though.

baseketball4life
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
LOL the dude is a big stiff

Wang Zu Zu is better than him

No_Look604
07-21-2008, 04:10 PM

Persians are considered Aryans...pure blooded individuals!

Persians speak a totally different language called Farsi.

[sorry to those who have to read this, since it has nothing to do with basketball, but this guy needed to be informed]

Luigi
07-21-2008, 05:47 PM
I get to see him play live today in the RMR. I'll let you know what I think.

He'll probably go up against Fesenko and Koufos. Fes is another big body, it'll be interesting.

Luigi
07-22-2008, 04:20 AM
Ehadadi did well in the time he played. He left the game after injuring his hip. I wasn't sure if he was doing the international soccer player lay down and pretend you are severely injured thing or not. He didn't come back in the second half though. If he is hurt, I hope he can rehab for his olympics.

He has a good touch around the rim. He had a hook that was perfectly contested that still went straight to the center of the hoop. He got good position on Fesenko and Koufos, which helped compensate for his average footwork. Knows where to stand on D.

Once Lyde came in though, it realy threw him off his game. Lyde isn't as tall as Fes or Koufos, but he is heavier. Ehadadi couldn't get to his spots, Lyde filld in the space when Ehadadi pivoted away to make room and blocked him hard. A few plays later he went down and left injured.

Hard to tell if he could make it as a backup somewhere. Z isn't a bad comparison player, minus the incredible size (gives up a little bulk and length on Z) and jump shot.

LutherHeadJob
07-22-2008, 04:28 AM
When you suck against Australia, man you suck!

Lebron23
07-29-2008, 11:03 AM
The Argentinians barely won againts the Iranian National Team, and i just noticed that the Team Argentina cannot rebound againts a much taller Iranian Team because Hamed is just too big for the Argentinian's frontline to contained him in the low posts.

Anyway here are Hamed Ehadadi's Stats vs. Team Argentina.

20 points, 9 rebounds, 1 block, 1 assists, 0 steal, 64.3 FG %, 50 FG %

Final Score: Argentina 81, 71, Iran

http://www.nanjing2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/diamBall/men/scheResu/p/eventid//gamename/1/groupname/B/langlc//roundid/6361/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Lebron23
07-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Hamed Ehadadi vs. Darko Milicic and Nenad Kirstic ( Iran vs. Serbia, July 30, 2008 FIBA Diamond Ball For Men)

You can watch this 7'2" Giant going up againts 2 of the best Serbians Center in the NBA.

Lebron23
07-30-2008, 09:16 AM
The Iranian National Team defeated Serbia 72-70

Hamed Ehadadi 20 points, 20 rebounds, 6 Block Shots

This guy is going to make it in the NBA.

http://www.nanjing2008.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/08/diamBall/men/scheResu/p/eventid/4002/gamename/2/groupname/B/langlc/en/roundid/6361/fe_scheStat_boxScor.html

Lebron23
07-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Calling Danny Ferry it's now time to sign a 7 foot 2 rebounding devil that is currently playing in Iran.

Hamed Ehadadi
JJ Hickson
LeBron James
Daniel Gibson
Delonte West ( He wants to resign with the Wine and Gold)

The Future of the Cleveland Cavaliers. :party: :party: :party:

trig
07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
Iran Beat RP 75-69 in Asian Games 2007.
Ehadadi was limited to 3pts by a very old and much smaller 6'8/6'9 Asi Taulava. Ehadadi is tall and has decent bball IQ but struggles against physically stronger opponents. And he will see a lot of those if he plays in the nba. He easily gets out of position and off-balance.

Luigi
07-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Iran Beat RP 75-69 in Asian Games 2007.
Ehadadi was limited to 3pts by a very old and much smaller 6'8/6'9 Asi Taulava. Ehadadi is tall and has decent bball IQ but struggles against physically stronger opponents. And he will see a lot of those if he plays in the nba. He easily gets out of position and off-balance.

He did very well against 7'1 Fesenko and 7' Koufos. Fes has the same standing reach as Oden. Once Lyde came in 6'10 with lots of weight, Ehadadi had major issues. Started pivoting away from the rim, Lyde stuck right with him and even blocked his fadeaway.

Lebron23
08-08-2008, 03:26 PM
This guy is one of the main reason i am supporting Iran in the 2008 Beijing, Olympics. :cheers:

Lebron23
08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Hamed EHADADI

17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks ( late 3rd quarter)

baseketball4life
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
damn he's pretty good statistically

Lebron23
08-12-2008, 12:11 AM
damn he's pretty good statistically

He scored 21 points, grabbed 9 rebounds, 3 steals, 4 blocks against the Lithuanian National Team in 37 minutes of action.

highhopes
08-12-2008, 12:20 AM
I caught this game on TV today. After that embarassing series against the Australians where he didn't look very good at all, he's changed my entire perception of him. There isn't really any player he reminds me off, but with the game against Lithuania, I'm thinking, if Hibbert can make it as a first round pick in the NBA, I'm sure there's a place Ehadadi somewhere.

As Lebron23 said, he puts up some great statistics. He was a little bit off with the shooting, but it's no surprise since htey were double and even triple teaming him every possession. He looked like hte only one on the Iranian team today that had any talent, to be brutally honest and carried them the entire game.. 37 minutes out of 40 is huge, even for a guard, and Ehadadi is 7'1. Had Lithuania missed more, he probably would have been aorund the 15 rebounds for the game mark, but the terrible perimeter defense of Iran didn't really do much to disrupt shots.. he's a much better rebounder than the numbers are showing. But yeah, he's changed my mind with this game against Lithuania. I hope he can keep it up and maybe an NBA team somewhere likes what they see and picks him up for the season if he doesn't have an contractual duties elsewhere.

baseketball4life
08-12-2008, 01:28 AM
yeah, this guy is showing me he is capable in playing in the NBA. He can be a first round pick soon

bigboi_baller
08-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Go and read some books.
My mistake, I should have known better.

Collie
08-12-2008, 01:52 AM
he's 7-2 with decent offense... no doubt some team will sign him up even if just as a big body.

Kobe=MVP07`
08-12-2008, 01:55 AM
yes but Persians and Arabs are two different types of people. Just saying though.

Ya persians are actually Aryan ..but ya Persian and Arab are very different the only simililarity they have is that they border arab countries

ronnymac
08-12-2008, 04:30 AM
Memphis are close to signing him. i say he's as good as darko.

Bimbo Coles
08-12-2008, 04:41 AM
He works hard and that is the most important thing. Whether it

lakerfreak
08-12-2008, 04:42 AM
i think what we can all agree on is that ALL people from the middle east are terrorists

amIrite?

You fukcing post whoring ass motherfukcer.

Im from egypt and I dont condone any terrorist attacks. Am I still a fukcing terrorist?

If Arabs are terrorists to the american media, how do you think countries like Iraq feel with American troops over there? Im sure they feel the same way.

Go get anally raped by a missile

ronnymac
08-12-2008, 04:49 AM
[QUOTE=Bimbo Coles]He works hard and that is the most important thing. Whether it

Heretik32
08-12-2008, 04:53 AM
He's far too good for the nbl. also he is a nba backup type player. he scored 20points and pulled down 20 boards on the likes of Darko millicic and nenad kristic. in a team like the spurs where it's all slow halfcourt grind it out type offense, he would be very good. there are alot of nba teams after him according to chad ford. so he is a nba type player in there mind.

NBA =/ FIBA. There's more than enough players that were excellent players in the international game but fizzled in the NBA. No need to uproot every single international player and watch him fail in the NBA just cause he can't adapt.

Bimbo Coles
08-12-2008, 04:56 AM
...in a team like the spurs where it's all slow halfcourt grind it out type offense, he would be very good...

ronnymac
08-12-2008, 05:00 AM
NBA =/ FIBA. There's more than enough players that were excellent players in the international game but fizzled in the NBA. No need to uproot every single international player and watch him fail in the NBA just cause he can't adapt.

Not every international "prospect" is 7-2 and has he's kind of range, soft hand and he's ability to accumilate so much points whilst getting triple team regulary at he's size. in a league wherte solid big men are becoming a rarity, ehdadi has a chance to carveout a nice career as a backup type career.

martinas23
08-12-2008, 05:56 AM
I saw him against lithuania and i was impressed. I think he would defiantly help out memphis.

Heretik32
08-12-2008, 06:02 AM
I saw him against lithuania and i was impressed. I think he would defiantly help out memphis.

Well, on that I agree. He'd be an improvement over Marc Gasol, but that's not saying much.

Lebron23
08-16-2008, 08:33 AM
He is good, and i hope he's going to follow in the footsteps of Yao Ming.

ronnymac
08-16-2008, 10:12 AM
He has the potential to be a very solid starter in this league. he's only 23. also he has played in a league in iran that is beyond a joke. to say it's an amature type league, i'm being kind. he has never ever been developed whatsoever. infact noone knew he exsisted prior to the olympics despite he's ability.

Put him into a professional ball club and develope him, you got a 15 and 10 type on you're hand. just look at he's stats while he's this raw.

Lebron23
08-17-2008, 05:08 AM
I think it's a conspiracy to bring down the Grizzlies franchise by not allowing this 7'2" Giant to play in the NBA.

I am disgusted in your personal actions David Stern, and I hope some of your NBA Superstars migrate to Europe in 2010.

Hamed Ehadadi Stats

16.5 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 2.5 bpg, 47 FG%, 69% FT.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/basketball/statistics/gender=M/teamstats/rsc=BKM000000.html

Lebron23
08-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Hamed scored 19 points, and grabbed 17 rebounds as Iran defeated the former Powerhouse Team China, 70-52 in the 2009 FIBA Asia Championship.

Cavaliers needs to acquire Ehadadi from the Memphis Grizzlies because he's a perfect replacement to Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Rekindled
08-16-2009, 10:57 PM
hadaddi always plays well in international games. he needs more minutes imo.

godofgods
08-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Stern is not gonna let any Iranian enter the league. He's scared of them.

twolvesfan
08-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Hamed scored 19 points, and grabbed 17 rebounds as Iran defeated the former Powerhouse Team China, 70-52 in the 2009 FIBA Asia Championship.

Cavaliers needs to acquire Ehadadi from the Memphis Grizzlies because he's a perfect replacement to Zydrunas Ilgauskas.
and to think he still isnt going to get a chance on the grizzlies now that thabeet is there:ohwell: . the guy looks pretty solid every time i see him play

Lebron23
08-16-2009, 11:00 PM
hadaddi always plays well in international games. he needs more minutes imo.

Ehadadi is a good player. He's not going to earn some playing with the Memphis Grizzlies because they already have Marc Gasol, and 2nd overall pick Hasheem Thabeet.

and to think he still isnt going to get a chance on the grizzlies now that thabeet is there:ohwell: . the guy looks pretty solid every time i see him play

Trade him to the Oklahoma Thunder or Minnesota Timberwolves.

twolvesfan
08-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Stern is not gonna let any Iranian enter the league. He's scared of them.
he already has:confusedshrug: hamed has played in the nba

LbloodOjunkieG
08-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Ehadadi is a good player.

Per Wiki:
"Hamed Haddadi (Persian: حامد حدادی, born May 19, 1985 in Ahvaz) also wrongly known as Hamed Ehadadi........"

Lebron23
08-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Per Wiki:
"Hamed Haddadi (Persian: حامد حدادی, born May 19, 1985 in Ahvaz) also wrongly known as Hamed Ehadadi........"

His Real Name is Hamed E. Hadadi.

Ehadadi = Easier to remember.

LbloodOjunkieG
08-17-2009, 01:36 AM
His Real Name is Hamed E. Hadadi.

Ehadadi = Easier to remember.

I got ya.

SpanishACB
08-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Well, on that I agree. He'd be an improvement over Marc Gasol, but that's not saying much.

Marc Gasol has around the same stats as this guy his last year in ACB (16/8/2blocks). So you're pretty much wrong.

Rocker09
08-17-2009, 06:30 AM
He's a 7'3'' player w/ a soft touch....pretty rare...he's also a solid rebounder....I think he can be a good roleplayer in the NBA....I watched him play in the FIBA asia tourney(and destroy my team :cry: ) and based on my observations, I think he's NBA ready.....

liljohnnywall
08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
he is pretty good alot like a big z type very servicable.

unknown101
08-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Best Game: 10pts 8rebs 1block in 10 minutes of the 4th quarter against the GSW.

He should come to Houston.

ronnymac
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
He is getting screwed by the grizz. he is a very, very good Backup but rarely gets any minutes. he needs to get traded out of memphisbtw, he was matchedup up against yi and by all reports he destroyed YI

Kebab Stall
08-17-2009, 02:10 PM
He is getting screwed by the grizz. he is a very, very good Backup but rarely gets any minutes. he needs to get traded out of memphisbtw, he was matchedup up against yi and by all reports he destroyed YI
He is gettin wasted in Memphis. With Gasol and Thabeet on the team, Haddadi will be lucky to see as many minutes as he got last year. Haddadi needs to be in a much better situation if he wants to see his game get better.

Lebron23
08-17-2009, 08:26 PM
He is gettin wasted in Memphis. With Gasol and Thabeet on the team, Haddadi will be lucky to see as many minutes as he got last year. Haddadi needs to be in a much better situation if he wants to see his game get better.

Send him to the Cleveland Cavaliers for JJ Hickson, and a Future First Round Pick.

Shaq will not play back to back games againts the weaker teams in the NBA.

Hamed is going to learn many things from Shaquille O'Neal & Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

He's going to gain some muscles with the help of LeBron and his personal trainers.