PDA

View Full Version : Official Thread: Off-Season Trades, Rumors, News, Thoughts

idizzle
07-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Instead of making a lot of threads for trades, rumors, news, and thoughts we can just put them in one big thread.

As most of you know that keep up with the Nuggets, they are trying to do some slight tweaks to improve and get further in the playoffs and get below the salary cap threshold. I've been reading that the Nuggets are might re-sign Franisco Elson or David Harrison to replace Marcus Camby. I also been reading if the right deal came along that the Nuggets would trade Iverson, Martin, or Nene.

Me personally I think the Nuggets should try to re-sign J.R. Smith or do a sign and trade and get a bigger veteran guard to play next to Iverson cause they undersized backcourt thing is getting old. I think the Nuggets need to get a shooter or 2 to come off the bench and a defensive stopper.

Mile High Crew
07-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by idizzle
I've been reading that the Nuggets are might re-sign Franisco Elson or David Harrison to replace Marcus Camby. I also been reading if the right deal came along that the Nuggets would trade Iverson, Martin, or Nene.

I would actually like to obtain Chris "BIRDMAN" Anderson and David Harrison because the Birdman is what the Nuggets need after they lost out on one of our best energy guys in Najera and I personally believe that Anderson brings that intensity.

David Harrison as I said in my other post is just a big guy inside that can post up on both ends of the court and I feel that is what we have been missing. Because one our struggles on the court last year was our inability to rebound the basketball of either not giving ourselves a second oppurtunity or giving the other team a second chance to score.
An example of that was against the Lakers in the playoffs, how could we not get rebounds when Pau Gasol is one of the weaker big guys in the league?

IF there is one thing we all agree on is bringing back Jr Smith. A young guy with so much potential. Can we see the next Kobe in the near future here in Denver in the future?

I myself would like to see a trade of either A.I. or K-Mart to another team for key players that can help this team and not trade these guys for draft picks.

OneMoreSucka
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Oh how I would love to get kmarts ass out of here, but NO TEAM wants that contract, even the guys under the cap won't take him.

paguy1955
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Birdman returns to Nuggets

Chris "The Birdman" Andersen will return to the Denver Nuggets next season. He agreed to sign a one-year contract with the team, multiple sources said Wednesday

Richie2k6
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
This will be the official Nuggets off-season transaction, rumor and news thread.

paguy1955
07-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Nuggets add swingman Jones

One day after adding a reserve post, the Nuggets added a reserve swingman

CaptainOwlClub
07-25-2008, 04:50 AM
so now we are here?

ac/atkins/green?
ai/jr/d jones/b jones?/yakouba?/sonny
carmelo/klieza
kmart/birdman/e brown?
nene/hunter/j mccoy?

lucky for us though its such a simple fix

first step trade the exemption and 2 or even 3 1sts and taurean green- what would we ever do w a 1st rd pick anyway- & i read an article explaining how that trade exemption would be more beneifiial to the bulls than almost anyone- i reallybelieve the take 3 or maybe 2 1sts

then you have to let hinrich do his job and balance out the roster by trading iverson & 3 2nds or 1 1st for krstic, stromile swift, & kvh's contract

hinrich/atkins/ac
JR/b jones/d jones/sonny
melo/klieza
kmart/swift/birdman
nene/krstic/hunter

that is a real basketball team there-after cutting kvh we drop 5-7 mill & we have atkins and swift as expiring deals

how are these guys not jumping all over signing jr to 6-7 mill per year? that would imo also keep klieza contract in check next year- 3 years from now we could have the best cap structure of any team in the nba if we had this

melo- 15
nene- 10
JR - 6
klieza-6

that is a little better than chunks of 22,15,15,10

like i said simple fix- costs 3-4 picks to put a real team out there

ac hinrich
ai jr
jr ac/chucky
klieza klieza
melo melo
kmart kmart
bird/hunt nene
nene krstic

KRAYZIE
07-25-2008, 07:05 PM
so now we are here?

ac/atkins/green?
ai/jr/d jones/b jones?/yakouba?/sonny
carmelo/klieza
kmart/birdman/e brown?
nene/hunter/j mccoy?

lucky for us though its such a simple fix

first step trade the exemption and 2 or even 3 1sts and taurean green- what would we ever do w a 1st rd pick anyway- & i read an article explaining how that trade exemption would be more beneifiial to the bulls than almost anyone- i reallybelieve the take 3 or maybe 2 1sts

then you have to let hinrich do his job and balance out the roster by trading iverson & 3 2nds or 1 1st for krstic, stromile swift, & kvh's contract

hinrich/atkins/ac
JR/b jones/d jones/sonny
melo/klieza
kmart/swift/birdman
nene/krstic/hunter

that is a real basketball team there-after cutting kvh we drop 5-7 mill & we have atkins and swift as expiring deals

how are these guys not jumping all over signing jr to 6-7 mill per year? that would imo also keep klieza contract in check next year- 3 years from now we could have the best cap structure of any team in the nba if we had this

melo- 15
nene- 10
JR - 6
klieza-6

that is a little better than chunks of 22,15,15,10

like i said simple fix- costs 3-4 picks to put a real team out there

ac hinrich
ai jr
jr ac/chucky
klieza klieza
melo melo
kmart kmart
bird/hunt nene
nene krstic
Don't get too comfortable putting J.R. in the line up just yet, he is still a restricted free agent at the moment and could still be gone. Also, what's with the Iverson hate/Hinrich obsession? I'm sorry, but your posts always seem to consist of trades that would get rid of Iverson and bring in THE ALMIGHT KIRK HINRICH. When I read your posts, its always something like Iverson for scrubs, Iverson for Hinrich, Iverson for a cookie, etc....

Who played for us hard each and every game last season?. Umm...Melo? yeah right! Camby? dream on! J.R.? Don't make me laugh!. Even though Iverson may not be the perfect fit for Denver, what he brings to the team is the toughness, both mentally and physically, which is what you're looking for in a "real" leader. When you see the man play, you can tell he gives it 110% each and every night. Can you say the same for the rest of the group?(except Najera). Can you really see guys like J.R. and Melo playing through games with a broken finger like he did? umm..no, not many can or will, and yet you have superstars like Lebron missing 5 straight games last season because he simply "sprained" his finger, unbelievable!. If they all brought it like he did each and every night, then there's no way that they would've been a disappointing 8th seed.

OneMoreSucka
07-25-2008, 07:51 PM
I highly doubt we'll trade AI unless we get some spectacular players in return. The way I see it, ai will play out his contract this season and unless we see a big overall team improvement or he has a career breakout, he will walk, leaving us the 09 summer to find a legit point guard. As much as I would like to see Hinrich in a nuggets jersey, I wouldn't want to sacrifice AI for it.

CaptainOwlClub
07-26-2008, 03:24 AM
Don't get too comfortable putting J.R. in the line up just yet, he is still a restricted free agent at the moment and could still be gone. Also, what's with the Iverson hate/Hinrich obsession? I'm sorry, but your posts always seem to consist of trades that would get rid of Iverson and bring in THE ALMIGHT KIRK HINRICH. When I read your posts, its always something like Iverson for scrubs, Iverson for Hinrich, Iverson for a cookie, etc....

Who played for us hard each and every game last season?. Umm...Melo? yeah right! Camby? dream on! J.R.? Don't make me laugh!. Even though Iverson may not be the perfect fit for Denver, what he brings to the team is the toughness, both mentally and physically, which is what you're looking for in a "real" leader. When you see the man play, you can tell he gives it 110% each and every night. Can you say the same for the rest of the group?(except Najera). Can you really see guys like J.R. and Melo playing through games with a broken finger like he did? umm..no, not many can or will, and yet you have superstars like Lebron missing 5 straight games last season because he simply "sprained" his finger, unbelievable!. If they all brought it like he did each and every night, then there's no way that they would've been a disappointing 8th seed.

you are right, and i know i am being repetitive to the point that it is probobly annoying to read for some of you over & over- i want to not do that so that we can have discussions here about the team overall- i will try

i just have such a strong disagreement with you on your opinion on iversons impact on the team- i cant see him as someone who works so hard or being so mentaly tough- he is the farthest thing in my mind from being a leader

the way i see it-
i cant stand that iverson has just convinced himself and the rest that he is so unable to defend that he should always be given the weakest assignment and the whole team should adjust around him- it goes so far as to ac has to start and play 30 minutes a game because iverson wont defend the opposing gaurd

i really believe he is the main defect and the beginning of most all of the defensive problems- kenyon martin would be the best kind of freind in the world growing up on a playground because the first sign of any danger he jumps in front of you to fight you battle- well he also does this every single possesion when one of the gaurds is beat or overmatched- he almost cant help it-

the nuggets always look like fools switching so early and poorly- its like they dont even cover their own guys for 5 seconds before the defensive chinese fire drill begins- sure carmelo or camby or kmart usually are the ones looking like fools getting dunked on or missing that last rotation, but i really believe the major problems begin with the gaurds not defending- mainly iverson

i see iverson as the most immature veteren possible- NEVER imo does iverson see any of the big picture or any kind of team concept- guess what? we dont need a strictly one on one offensive gunner- we need thinking, and ball movement and team play- imo iverson NEVER has any of that in mind- he honestly believes that his only purpose is to score at all costs

i just dont get the ai "heart, hustle....... thing at all- to me i feel that he could atleast try real hard on something that has to do with defending or thinking about one of his teammates game- but he doesnt, - i will give you this- iverson tries as hard as anyone ever has from the second he has the ball until he no longer has it- the problem is that try is 100% on ai trying to score- NEVER an entry pass or even a ball swing- its try to score once, twice, three times and then bail out pass if a shot isnt put up

i feel like everybody is just ignoring the elephant in the room- IVERSON IS NOT AT ALL WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDS, AND TO ACCOMIDATE HIM MEANS ADJUSTING EVERY OTHER PLAYERS GAME TO SOMETHING THAT IS NOT THEM JUST SO IVERSON CAN BE HIMSELF- why is that worth it?

i feel that the nuggets are the biggest strongest fastest most physically imposing team in the league when jr &/or klieza are in the game with carmelo as the 2/3- i feel you give that away by playing iverson and and allowing his "i wont defend or use energy to bring the ball up and start something for someone else" attitude- w iverson that means usually only one of the 3 of melo, klieza, & jr can play with him at a time, when i think there should always be 2 of them with times of all 3

i just see a huge possibility of addition by subtraction by moving iverson- knowing your role and playing it is imo the most important thing in basketball- i cant see them ever really figuring it out with iverson- he makes his role way way to important

we NEED someone who will get the ball to melo early and in the right spots to help the chances of him doing something positive- we NEED someone getting kmart & klieza a couple of easy dunks or shots to get them going- we NEED someone getting jr open 3's and keeping him shooting them on or around the line so that he doesnt drift out to shooting half court shots

so no its not iversons fault that he doesnt do the things we NEED, but my whole point is that what ai does- we dont NEED

and the hinrich thing, ive never liked or followed his teams or him in particular, but for many reasons i just cant explain enough that i think he is the exact player the nugs NEED
-for one when i saw hinrich and melo together on a team usa they were PERFECT fits, to me it looked like two players that had played their whole lives together
-i wish it werent true, but the nuggets just have the worst commuication, teamwork, and almost most importantly the worst "image" in the league- nugs get absolutly raw treatment from the refs- i think its from how bad the team image is- the refs and everyone else can also see how not a team and how not all together the nugs are- its obvious the team doesnt believe & trust each other

MOST ALL OF THE TEAM ASPECT PROBLEMS ARE IMO HEAVILY DUE TO G KARL- but unexplainably karl will continue his act- so what do you do to get a team karl can work with? bluntly- get a white american that karl will MAYBE coach-

we badly need a point gaurd, a leader, a bridge between karl & the players (mainly obviously carmelo and JR, the two karl seems to have such a distaste for), and a new captain- the only 1 player in the nba that imo fits those standards is hinrich- he gives all that in addition to a major upgrade at defending the opposing gaurd, making wide open jumpshots, and i think team play- and as stupid as it sounds i think hinrich would just give the nugs a better vibe towards the refs and with our own coach and players

so like i said i will try to not keep focusing on all this stuff- im sure you all see that i believe the only option for this franchise to move foreward AGAIN is by moving iverson- i also think that JR is so vitally important to the future of this organization that i am just baffled why he isnt being treated as important at all- our management is unwilling to pay jr jamer nelson or michal petrius money- they dont have to pay monta ellis or ben gordon or luol deng money, less than 2/3 of those guys- a year from now we will not get the chance to be the team that does pay jr 10 mil + per year- all because of what? proving something? or am i that far off in thinking this is a gift from god to sign jr for 5 years at 30-35 mill? this is how you build a force- getting some good contract- not by huge monster contract for every player

i still believe that the next dynasty is our denver nuggets, but we are so close to screwing it up right now that i am scared out of my mind- sorry, but i just still cant believe that nobody else sees that the team needs to be dramatically changed-

i automatially assume that the people who love the way that iverson plays either dont watch anything past sportcenter or just flat out dont understand the game of basketball- so it blows my mind when some of you see it so differently- maybe i am just a hater, but i really believe that i hate for the right reasons - I DONT WANT TO DISLIKE ANY NUGGET- but i hate watching allen iverson and i hate the fact that he is on the denver nuggets- i have never felt this way about any player on this or any other team i support- i just wish it could end

KRAYZIE
07-26-2008, 09:29 PM
i just have such a strong disagreement with you on your opinion on iversons impact on the team- i cant see him as someone who works so hard or being so mentaly tough- he is the farthest thing in my mind from being a leader
Well, that's your opinion, some say Melo is the leader, others say it's AI, but at the end of the day, these 2 players have the biggest impact on the team, therefore are the leaders.
Here's a question, who do you think is the real leader of this underachieving team? and please don't say only Carmelo because he, just like Iverson is not the greatest defender in the league either. Infact in my opinion, Melo is our WORST defender, so wheres the knock on him? why just pick on Iverson defensively and yet give Melo who shares the responsibility of being a co-leader a free pass?. That's what I don't get from you.

i really believe he is the main defect and the beginning of most all of the defensive problems- kenyon martin would be the best kind of freind in the world growing up on a playground because the first sign of any danger he jumps in front of you to fight you battle- well he also does this every single possesion when one of the gaurds is beat or overmatched- he almost cant help it-
Really? so instead of blaming a coach who does not preach defense, you're going to immediately single AI out and point the finger at him?. Look around the cast, none of the players are great man-to-man defenders, guys like K-Mart, Najera, and AC are all good defenders, but they're not great. Then you have guys like AI, Melo, Camby, Kleiza, + J.R. who are bad to average man-to-man defenders, and yet you're once again going to single AI out and claim that he is the main reason why we are soo damn bad defensively?.

the nuggets always look like fools switching so early and poorly- its like they dont even cover their own guys for 5 seconds before the defensive chinese fire drill begins- sure carmelo or camby or kmart usually are the ones looking like fools getting dunked on or missing that last rotation, but i really believe the major problems begin with the gaurds not defending- mainly iverson
Again, Iversons fault that guys like Melo, Camby, + K-Mart forget to rotate on defense, right?.:banghead:

i see iverson as the most immature veteren possible- NEVER imo does iverson see any of the big picture or any kind of team concept- guess what? we dont need a strictly one on one offensive gunner- we need thinking, and ball movement and team play- imo iverson NEVER has any of that in mind- he honestly believes that his only purpose is to score at all costs
What about guys like J.R. and Melo? because everyone knows that these two don't have scoring in their minds and it's all "TEAM PLAY" for those 2 right?. I don't understand why you think he is all about scoring, he gave the team 7 assists per game did he not?. How many assists did guys like AC, J.R, K-Mart, Kleiza, + Melo give us last season in comparison to him?. He led this team in APG and yet you're once again singling him out of the group and claiming that he was the only guy that did not have team concept on his mind.

i just dont get the ai "heart, hustle....... thing at all- to me i feel that he could atleast try real hard on something that has to do with defending or thinking about one of his teammates game- but he doesnt, - i will give you this- iverson tries as hard as anyone ever has from the second he has the ball until he no longer has it-
Umm..you answered your own question right there. You forget that he led the entire league in minutes per game and minutes played overall, even with a broken finger in the last 2-3 months of the season, if that doesn't prove that he has heart then I really don't know what does. As for no hustle? sorry, but the word is reserved for Carmelo on the team.

the problem is that try is 100% on ai trying to score- NEVER an entry pass or even a ball swing- its try to score once, twice, three times and then bail out pass if a shot isnt put up
One word, SHOOTING GUARD!. His job is to shoot the damn ball, not to be out there creating shots for everyone, that's AC's job.

i feel that the nuggets are the biggest strongest fastest most physically imposing team in the league when jr &/or klieza are in the game with carmelo as the 2/3- i feel you give that away by playing iverson and and allowing his "i wont defend or use energy to bring the ball up and start something for someone else" attitude- w iverson that means usually only one of the 3 of melo, klieza, & jr can play with him at a time, when i think there should always be 2 of them with times of all 3
Melo is the prime example of a guy choosing not to defend, I know Melo can be a great defender if he wanted to, but the difference between him and AI is that at least AI tries on the other end of the floor, even if he does a sh*tty job of it. And as for bringing up the ball and creating shots for others, umm what's Melo's excuse?.

i just see a huge possibility of addition by subtraction by moving iverson- knowing your role and playing it is imo the most important thing in basketball- i cant see them ever really figuring it out with iverson- he makes his role way way to important
Well, guess what? he has 1 year left on his contract, yeah I know, you're looking forward to that one. Until then, stop whining and let him finish off his contract then you can look forward to placing the blame on Melo in the future for being a sf instead of a pg who takes too many shots like AI and is unable to create shots for anyone, but himself and for being a horrible defender as well.

we NEED someone who will get the ball to melo early and in the right spots to help the chances of him doing something positive- we NEED someone getting kmart & klieza a couple of easy dunks or shots to get them going- we NEED someone getting jr open 3's and keeping him shooting them on or around the line so that he doesnt drift out to shooting half court shots
Again, Anthony Carter is supposed to be our point guard, not Iverson and it's the job of a point guard to get the ball to the right person and help create shots for others. That's like getting angry at Raja Bell because even though he is a shooting guard, he isn't out there creating shots for others at all times like pg Steve Nash.

so no its not iversons fault that he doesnt do the things we NEED, but my whole point is that what ai does- we dont NEED
Well then, I guess the same thing applies to Melo as well, do we really need his scoring when we have Iverson? do we really need his rebounding when we have or had Camby? Do we really need that idiot of a coach? Do we really need Anthony Carter starting? No we don't really need any of that right?, but who's complaining? oh yeah, you are!. If you want to complain then go complain to the owner or the front office because they brought these players/coach in.

-for one when i saw hinrich and melo together on a team usa they were PERFECT fits, to me it looked like two players that had played their whole lives together
-i wish it werent true, but the nuggets just have the worst commuication, teamwork, and almost most importantly the worst "image" in the league- nugs get absolutly raw treatment from the refs- i think its from how bad the team image is- the refs and everyone else can also see how not a team and how not all together the nugs are- its obvious the team doesnt believe & trust each other
Yup and Kirk Hinrich is suppose to fix all of our problems, such as lack of communication, faith, bad image, horrible defense, poor ref treatment, etc....right?.:rolleyes:

MOST ALL OF THE TEAM ASPECT PROBLEMS ARE IMO HEAVILY DUE TO G KARL- but unexplainably karl will continue his act- so what do you do to get a team karl can work with? bluntly- get a white american that karl will MAYBE coach- You can't do nothing really, he is just not the right fit with Denver. I'm sure he is a good coach and that if he were to coach another team, then he will make them a playoff team, but that's about it. He lacks passion and desire to coach teams now, I know that he took Seattle to the finals in 96, but that was a different George. He gave the payers too much freedom in Denver and you can see that on the court when the team plays.

we badly need a point gaurd, a leader, a bridge between karl & the players (mainly obviously carmelo and JR, the two karl seems to have such a distaste for), and a new captain- the only 1 player in the nba that imo fits those standards is hinrich- he gives all that in addition to a major upgrade at defending the opposing gaurd, making wide open jumpshots, and i think team play- and as stupid as it sounds i think hinrich would just give the nugs a better vibe towards the refs and with our own coach and players
Hey, I'm all for that and if you feel like Hinrich is the solution to all of that then good for you. I, however don't, I see George Karl as the biggest problem with the Nuggets as of now and can't wait until he gets fired.

so like i said i will try to not keep focusing on all this stuff- im sure you all see that i believe the only option for this franchise to move foreward AGAIN is by moving iverson- i also think that JR is so vitally important to the future of this organization that i am just baffled why he isnt being treated as important at all- our management is unwilling to pay jr jamer nelson or michal petrius money- they dont have to pay monta ellis or ben gordon or luol deng money, less than 2/3 of those guys- a year from now we will not get the chance to be the team that does pay jr 10 mil + per year- all because of what? proving something? or am i that far off in thinking this is a gift from god to sign jr for 5 years at 30-35 mill? this is how you build a force- getting some good contract- not by huge monster contract for every player
Wow, finally something we agree on. I too, don't wan't Denver to overspend on a player by giving them a huge contract which might come back to bite them back in the future. So to me, $5-6 mil for J.R. sounds reasonable and I really hope that they give him a multi-year contract similar to that. :cheers:

i automatially assume that the people who love the way that iverson plays either dont watch anything past sportcenter or just flat out dont understand the game of basketball- so it blows my mind when some of you see it so differently- maybe i am just a hater, but i really believe that i hate for the right reasons - I DONT WANT TO DISLIKE ANY NUGGET- but i hate watching allen iverson and i hate the fact that he is on the denver nuggets- i have never felt this way about any player on this or any other team i support- i just wish it could end
Yup, that's hate alright. Nobody is perfect, but to single out and hate on one particular person on this team is what I find annoying. A lot of the things that you criticize on him for, such as being a bad defender or taking alot of shots or the inability to set guys up and create shots for them is wrong, especially when you have others just like him on the team that don't do the same and yet I don't see you sh*tting on them for it.

CaptainOwlClub
07-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Here's a question, who do you think is the real leader of this underachieving team?

Infact in my opinion, Melo is our WORST defender

I don't understand why you think he is all about scoring, he gave the team 7 assists per game did he not?. How many assists did guys like AC, J.R, K-Mart, Kleiza, + Melo give us last season in comparison to him?. He led this team in APG and yet you're once again singling him out of the group and claiming that he was the only guy that did not have team concept on his mind.

at least AI tries on the other end of the floor, even if he does a sh*tty job of it. And as for bringing up the ball and creating shots for others, umm what's Melo's excuse?.

thank you for responding- i appreciate that you explained yourself instead of just bashing- it is clear that we have completly different opinions on what we see- maybe you are right that there is no sense in complaining here, but at the same time this is an internet chat board used to fill break time at work so what are we supposed to do? just continue to praise all that we have going? this isnt a school newspaper- i wish i wasnt so hooked on this and i am trying to find a different way to spend some time

i guess neither of us are going to change the way we feel about the sport of basketball- i honestly believe that the most important aspect of basketball is the meshing of the players and their roles- not just what each player wants to do, but what needs to be done

?"who is the real leader of this underachieving team"? THERE ISNT ONE- a coach should be able to carry part or alot of the leadership role but ours doesnt- he is so childish that he wont deal w people that he doesnt like- we really really need a leader- naturally iverson, melo, or kmart are not leader types, so i think we need one badly

melo is the worst defender on the team? i think you are just flat out wrong- i know you were in defend iverson and question melo mode, but to not admit to yourself that iverson is the worst defender on the nuggets seems crazy(with a c) to me-

why is iverson always "covering" the other teams last offensive threat if he isnt the nugs last defensive player?

to say iverson tries really hard but just does a sh**ty job on defense baffles me- to me iverson reminds me of how lazy people play open gym defense- drifting around trying to steal the ball from whoever but not actually putting in the effort of squaring up to someone and staying in front of them- i can see how maybe he physically cant, but anyone can try and ive seen enough of his game that you wont be able to convince me that iverson tries really hard on defense- he doesnt.

could allen iverson really not cover a guy like derek fisher? sure it takes energy and effort, but i believe he could, just wont

carmelo is THE ONLY top scoring player in the nba that is not given easier defensive assignments- why? because iverson already has the weak draw

the assists argument to me also makes no sense- i will admit to you that i dont follow stats and am always uninformed when someone uses stats to make their argument- admit this though

if iverson averages 7 assists a game at least 5 of those likely come from his bail out passes to mid to longer range jumpshots from camby kmart or carmelo- how many of those assists come from iverson truelly setting up a teammate for any easy hoop? 1 or maybe 2 a game would imo be stretching it- assists IMO are the by product of ball movement, they are not the only reason behind a pass-to me iverson is never invoved w ball movement- in alot of ways iverson make plenty of attempts for assists, but there is no in between an attemped shot or an attempted assist- very rarely does ai pass it to someone early and in a way that puts that player in a good position- he has to look for his first & then think about passing

making everything a so does carmelo argument is also completely clueless to say- a majority of the offensive possesions are dominated in the first 10-15 seconds of the shot clock by the gaurds- mainly iverson- most of the times carmelo gets the ball is in the last 10 or 5 seconds on the clock & by that time a majority of our offensive plan is to have everybody stand and watch

i understand that you put more blame on anthony carter for alot of the team defieciancies that we agree on- ball movement, team play, & defending the opposing gaurds

but take the names off the jerseys and any basketball team and coaching staff at ANY LEVEL of basketball, and? the player with iversons skill set would have to be the point gaurd- to blame a guy who should be the 14th player is wrong- that guy shouldnt even see the court, while the guy with iversons ability would have to do certain things- handle the ball & defend the other teams guard- but because hes allen iverson the whole team should be adjusted to him? to me that is so wrong i cant explain it

after this last crack at it, i am going to attempt to stay away from explaining my thoughts on iverson- you think he brings a positive effect and i totally disagree, arguing is stupid for me to keep doing

overall game of basketball thoughts that i dont know will ever change?

-defending the other teams gaurds is the beginning and the most important start to playing good team defense

-it is super important for gaurds to play the middle of the court and to get the ball to the forewards in spots they can deal with it from- that is why you are a gaurd and they are forewards

-team play and selflessnes are the most important aspects of basketball- each player has to do things that the team needs, not just the parts you want to do-selfishness has no part in basketball

- my reason for the hatred of iversons game? i believe he COULD do the things the team needs to be a real basketball team but he just WONT- maybe im wrong and that he wouldnt be effective as anything other than a "shooting gaurd"- but i just think he is so talented that his skills could transfer to the team game

OneMoreSucka
07-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Not to interrupt this debate we've got here, I'm actually enjoying it...

But it looks like OKC is going after JR too, now.

KRAYZIE
07-27-2008, 09:10 PM
thank you for responding- i appreciate that you explained yourself instead of just bashing- it is clear that we have completly different opinions on what we see- maybe you are right that there is no sense in complaining here, but at the same time this is an internet chat board used to fill break time at work so what are we supposed to do? just continue to praise all that we have going? this isnt a school newspaper- i wish i wasnt so hooked on this and i am trying to find a different way to spend some time
Go read a book?.:D

melo is the worst defender on the team? i think you are just flat out wrong- i know you were in defend iverson and question melo mode, but to not admit to yourself that iverson is the worst defender on the nuggets seems crazy(with a c) to me-
Do you honestly think that Melo is not our weakest defender on this team? are sure you that ain't the one in denial?. Let me guess, you're one of those fans who see Melo collect 7-10 rebounds a game and then convince yourself into thinking, "look how active he is on the boards, wow he must be alot better defender than people give him credit for". Please, he is by far our worst defender and this explains alot why.

[QUOTE]It is of my opinion that he is still, if not the worst defender on the team, one of the two worst defenders currently on the Nuggets

KRAYZIE
07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Not to interrupt this debate we've got here, I'm actually enjoying it...

But it looks like OKC is going after JR too, now.
Source? Can't find it.

OneMoreSucka
07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3275446/

KRAYZIE
07-28-2008, 10:47 AM
New Orleans already inked James Posey this offseason as the article stated, so I don't think they'll go after J.R. and the OKC article, it doesn't really state that the team actually has any interest in him, more like just the opinion of the author who wrote that article.
But, even if any team does decide to offer him a contract, Denver will surely match(I hope).

Thanks for the links, btw.

OneMoreSucka
07-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Goddamn, our bench is starting to look really good, now only if we could get our starters to play how they should for the amount of money they get.

But with this team right now (assuming JR gets signed), if Melo sticks to his word and becomes the leader, and George Karl sticks to his word to be tougher and stricter on the guys, I really think we have a chance to get more than 50 wins. (Also assuming nene and kmart can play in 70+ games together.)

Mile High Crew
07-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Do you honestly think that Melo is not our weakest defender on this team? are sure you that ain't the one in denial?. Let me guess, you're one of those fans who see Melo collect 7-10 rebounds a game and then convince yourself into thinking, "look how active he is on the boards, wow he must be alot better defender than people give him credit for". Please, he is by far our worst defender and this explains alot why.

KRAYZIE is right on point here because Melo may grab some astonishing number of rebounds, but defense is how well you defend you guy and the rewards for defending your guy well with a turnover such as a steal or a block. From what I've seen each and every game, Melo rarely gets a steal or a block, the nights where he actually does those things are usually in big games or nights he feels like playing.

Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
to say iverson tries really hard but just does a sh**ty job on defense baffles me- to me iverson reminds me of how lazy people play open gym defense- drifting around trying to steal the ball from whoever but not actually putting in the effort of squaring up to someone and staying in front of them- i can see how maybe he physically cant, but anyone can try and ive seen enough of his game that you wont be able to convince me that iverson tries really hard on defense- he doesnt.

I'll tell you what, Iverson actually plays more defense than Melo does last year in the regular season Iverson had 160 steals to Melo's 98 total. And on blocks per game Iverson was o.1 while Melo was 0.5, not much difference. Iverson has had 193 defensive rebounds to Melo's 393 which is about a 49% difference and for a guy defending the perimeter Iverson has done a helluva job on defense.

I think this team needs a lot of coaching because this Nuggets is obviously having a lot troubles in many areas of the court. We have a team that could go far, but with our current head coach it doesn't seem to be going far. Have you seen those practices that George Karl runs, it's not even team oriented they play ball and have fun, while Karl reads a book. I believe Karl needs to run better practices, it's unexcusable for him to be the coach and act like a lazy coach.

Five things:
1. Melo needs to step up and be a leader.
2. Both Melo AND A.I. need to step up to play better defense.
3. Is Jr staying in Denver or not, damn sign him already!
4. Who is going to play the point this year?
5. I think we need to get a reliable center because Hunter and Nene are known for injuries.

P.S. Football season is coming up, I am excited to see my Colorado Buffs play especially with our new recruit and Big 12 newcomer of the year in Darrell Scott. And the Denver Broncos are going to the Super Bowl this year BABY, Oh Yeah!

CaptainOwlClub
07-30-2008, 03:13 AM
anybody like the idea of flip murray to join ac & atkins?

ive always thought flip was a pretty solid player- maybe not the perfect addition but brings more size and athletisim to the pg spot

i could be wrong but i also believe g karl and flip have positive relationship- for whatever that could be worth

could flip be had for the type of price our guys seem to be willing to pay right now?

i believe flip would also give us the ability to use atkins expiring contract in a trade if the situation came up

CaptainOwlClub
07-30-2008, 03:37 AM
defense is how well you defend you guy and the rewards for defending your guy well with a turnover such as a steal or a block.

no offense but i think you are flat wrong w that statement- there is no stat that explains good defense- good defense is about alot of things that are simply untrackable w stats- defense is about body positioning, denying passes, & forcing the opponent out of his comfort zone - there are just too many aspect of playing defense to think that blocks and steals are the main factor-

to use your broncos as an example- champ bailey doesnt have good stats at all when he's at the top of his game- no action means hes doing something right- same in basketball, a great defender would not really get noticed alot because he would be doing so many little things right the bigger picture the great defenders might go a little more unnoticed

i wont keep arguing this defensive thing- guys like you and krayzie have a complete opposite view of things- i have no clue where you are coming from at all on the subject of iversons defense- seems krayzie to me but i respect alot of both of yours other opinions so i will overlook your evaluation of iverson

ps funny how melo's rebound stats are questionable but iversons assists cant be?? for the record i dont believe ive ever said carmelo's rebounding or defense were good or great in anyway

Mile High Crew
07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by CaptainOwlClub
no offense but i think you are flat wrong w that statement- there is no stat that explains good defense- good defense is about alot of things that are simply untrackable w stats- defense is about body positioning, denying passes, & forcing the opponent out of his comfort zone - there are just too many aspect of playing defense to think that blocks and steals are the main factor-

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but did I say defense was all about blocks and steals, no, all I said was that the rewards for playing great Defense can result to get steals and block, as well as many other intangibles that goes along way to helping out the team.

Moving on........
Do you think Melo will be a better player next year, and will we see him play at the same level he plays in the Olympics?

OneMoreSucka
07-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I think he'll be a better player/more vocal/more of a leader, but he won't play at the same level as the olympics because he plays smaller/less aggressive players in the international game.

Richie2k6
07-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Denver has signed Dahntay Jones.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/djones_signing_073008.html

GUS DIDDLES
07-31-2008, 10:56 PM
um i disagree all i think we need is consistant players who give 110 percent every time they lace up thier shoe's
we have world class players all we need is 3 things
1. a solid point guard who can command the team up and down the court who has an out side game and who is a high quality passer { Hinrick }
2. a soild center some one who has a good low post game and who hustles for rebounds some one how is quick and fit but has good stength { AV/okafor }
3.we need to change our mentality from all for 1 to a group of team players
does anyone agree
pce gussiexx

Mile High Crew
08-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Do you guys think this is it for the Nuggets and they aren't going to do anymore trades or free agent acquistions this offseason?

For all I know, the front office thinks they are all set at the point with carter and atkins, and I believe we need a pg that can pass the ball and can shoot the three.

The one thing that the front office has done well on is providing a well rounded bench. With Carter, Atkins, Smith, Kleiza, Balkman, Jones, Andersen, Hunter, and Weems on the bench, it still looks like we need a solid back up Center.

I believe we need a pg and a center, and we'll be ready for the playoffs.

GUS DIDDLES
08-06-2008, 06:40 AM
hey i was just fuking around on trade machine trying to figure out how to mold a team around melo and this is what i came up with

denver gets :
ben wallace
tyrus thomas
anderson varejao
krik hinrick
cleveland gets
allen iverson
chicago gets
kenyon martin
linas keiza

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=366~2770~515~2419~885~1981~303 2&teams=5~4~4~7~7~7~7&te=&cash=

this gives as a few good defensive players and a good pg and a decent center who have played together before

denver line up

hinrick/atkins/AC/jones
jr/weems
melo/balkman
thomas/varejao/anderson
big ben/nene

hells yea tell me what u think
pce gussiexx

idizzle
08-10-2008, 11:19 PM
I was thinking about this and I just seen this in the Clippers forum. If you were the Nuggets would you sign Shaun Livington to a deal? A one year deal to see if he has fully recovered. I think he still has potenial and could probably be the solution to the Nuggets backcourt problem cause the undersize backcourt thing isn't going to cut it.

CaptainOwlClub
08-11-2008, 06:11 AM
hey i was just fuking around on trade machine trying to figure out how to mold a team around melo and this is what i came up with

denver gets :
ben wallace
tyrus thomas
anderson varejao
krik hinrick
cleveland gets
allen iverson
chicago gets
kenyon martin
linas keiza

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=366~2770~515~2419~885~1981~303 2&teams=5~4~4~7~7~7~7&te=&cash=

this gives as a few good defensive players and a good pg and a decent center who have played together before

denver line up

hinrick/atkins/AC/jones
jr/weems
melo/balkman
thomas/varejao/anderson
big ben/nene

hells yea tell me what u think
pce gussiexx

gosh i would hate to see kleiza go- but i guess i should stick w what ive been saying the whole time, if it takes kleiza to get that deal done? i think i like that trade alot-

do you think kleiza could replaced in a trade by 2 or 3 picks? how many picks is he worth to you?

CaptainOwlClub
08-11-2008, 06:19 AM
I was thinking about this and I just seen this in the Clippers forum. If you were the Nuggets would you sign Shaun Livington to a deal? A one year deal to see if he has fully recovered. I think he still has potenial and could probably be the solution to the Nuggets backcourt problem cause the undersize backcourt thing isn't going to cut it.

livingston is an interesting thought- only wonders is, didnt the clipps supposedly move on from him because he is saying he wont do a 1 year deal? & is the guy hurt for good?

if livingston were to regain his health he could be special in denver w the scorers the nuggets have- ive always been intruiged by this guys potential as a 6-6 natural point gaurd-

he could be the perfect peice- i hope the nugs are willing to add players for above minimum wage, but im not sure they are

OneMoreSucka
08-11-2008, 07:34 PM
A healthy livingston would do this team wonders, but sadly I think his career is pretty much over. Sad to see such talent go.

GUS DIDDLES
08-11-2008, 08:15 PM
yea probs maybe a first in 2010 or early second in 2009 as well in the deal for keiza but he has to go cause of cap restrictions for Chicago but Thomas is a good player and is athletic and has a ok low post game but the best thing is he's not lazy on defense and with varejao and big ben we get alot stronger defensively in the paint and the team is molded around melo and jr i like it

CaptainOwlClub
08-14-2008, 07:55 AM
yea probs maybe a first in 2010 or early second in 2009 as well in the deal for keiza but he has to go cause of cap restrictions for Chicago but Thomas is a good player and is athletic and has a ok low post game but the best thing is he's not lazy on defense and with varejao and big ben we get alot stronger defensively in the paint and the team is molded around melo and jr i like it

l like ty thomas just dont want to swap kleiza for him- if sefalosha is taken out of your trade couldnt it work to take out lk and add picks?

there are 2 other bulls that are never linked to the nugs but i think would be great- nocionni & ben gordon- they ought to just start over & rebuild by trading all 3 for our big expirer, the trade exemption, and a pile of picks (i know they wouldnt, but)- then to continue w my unrealistic trades i go kmart, atkins, hunter & 3 picks for e curry, dlee, j jeffries, and bargnani to rework the frontcourt

hinrich/ben g/ac
JR/nocioni
melo/kleiza/balkman
dlee/bargs/j jeffries
nene/e curry/bird

Mile High Crew
08-18-2008, 05:24 PM
I have been pissed off for awhile now because the Nuggets hasn't done a single thing ever since we acquired Balkman, which seemed like it was a long time ago.

Will we ever get a legit point guard this offseason?
Will we ever sign Jr this offseason?
Is there a chance for Jr to go to Europe (now that's a scary thought)?

Thank God football season is beginning because the Nuggets thing has gotten me stressed out, it's kind of hard when you eat, drink, and breathe all things Nuggets.

idizzle
08-27-2008, 11:49 AM
I been reading that Stephen Jackson wants to get his contract renew but that he didn't want to be the 5th highest paid players for the Warriors. The Warriors look like they are rebuilding. I say the Nuggets should go after Stephen Jackson. He's a good ball handler and he can knock the 3 ball with ease and he has a ring and got out of the 1st round of the playoffs. I don't think he would be a cancer for the Nuggets.

PG-Iverson
SG-Jackson
SF-Melo
PF-Martin
C-Nene

CaptainOwlClub
08-27-2008, 12:13 PM
steven jackson would be neat- but how do you get him? the trade exemption?

kenyon martin for sean williams, stromile swift, & kvh's contract (to cut)- drops our payroll 5 mill and gets 2 bigs for 1- to me that trade could be logical for both, & kiki loves kmart

iverson for shane battier & alston ?

OneMoreSucka
08-27-2008, 07:26 PM
The nuggets don't need another overprices 2 guard.

If we use the trade exemp, it should be for a center or a PG....spots that we actually NEED.

Mile High Crew
08-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I like to see Stephen Jackson play for the Nuggets, but the only way we are going to see it happen is if we let go A.I., because imo I believe that Jackson can play better at the two then A.I.

The NUMBER ONE thing we need to get on top on is getting ourselves a great young point guard. Never mind the center right now because the pg position is one of the most important position in the game.

imo the only team we can trade with is the Chicago Bulls. I mostly want Hinrich and Thomas from them. The players I would give them are either Kleiza, A.I., Martin, or a draft pick.
AND IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO ADD NENE TO THAT LIST, PLEASE DON'T BECAUSE THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

AItheAnswer3
08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
imo the only team we can trade with is the Chicago Bulls. I mostly want Hinrich and Thomas from them. The players I would give them are either Kleiza, A.I., Martin, or a draft pick.
AND IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO ADD NENE TO THAT LIST, PLEASE DON'T BECAUSE THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

If the Nugz trade for Hinrich they shouldnt involve AI..A AI & Hinrich backcourt would be great and the best way to make use of AI..Kirk can guard the 2 while run offense at the 1..This wont coz mismatches..i think they should trade kenyon

OneMoreSucka
08-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I like to see Stephen Jackson play for the Nuggets, but the only way we are going to see it happen is if we let go A.I., because imo I believe that Jackson can play better at the two then A.I.

The NUMBER ONE thing we need to get on top on is getting ourselves a great young point guard. Never mind the center right now because the pg position is one of the most important position in the game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/specials/preview/2005/scouting.reports/clippers.jpg

AItheAnswer3
08-29-2008, 08:12 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/specials/preview/2005/scouting.reports/clippers.jpg

:applause:

OneMoreSucka
08-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Sigh...looks like the warriors will end up getting him. Well....atleast we still have the best 3rd string starter in the game, anthony carter!

AItheAnswer3
08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Sigh...looks like the warriors will end up getting him. Well....atleast we still have the best 3rd string starter in the game, anthony carter!

the thing i dont get is that are the warriors trying to rebuild or they're still trying to be a playoff team :lol

AC:bowdown:

CaptainOwlClub
08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
if the nugs strategy is to pick up 1 more min wage veteran is there a chance that either of donyell marshall or robert horry work?

ive alway liked the idea of a 3 point shooting pf to play alongside carmelo- (its why i still believe the perfect situation for bargnani is on the nugs)

what else might be done to fill the last roster spot- or does it stay open for trade flexibility

OneMoreSucka
08-30-2008, 09:31 PM
I doubt Horry would want to play for a team that's not a title contender, even though I would love to have him for a season. And donyell marshall is just a straight scrub, even if we did get him for the minimum.

GUS DIDDLES
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
ive been thinking lately about ways to make denver a better team
buy making our bigs better and i think i found away

denver receives

mikki more
brad miller

Sacramento receives

kmart
klezia

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2770~515~556~575&teams=23~23~7~7&te=&cash=

and then on top that off by picking up restricted free agent
Carl landry Salary 2008: $427,163

now check out this rotation

AC/Atkins
AI/JR/Weems
Melo/Balkman
More/Landry/Birdman
Miller/Nene/Hunter

THIS LOOKS LIKE A PLAYOFF TEAM TO ME

pce gussied

AItheAnswer3
09-09-2008, 07:10 AM
ive been thinking lately about ways to make denver a better team
buy making our bigs better and i think i found away

denver receives

mikki more
brad miller

Sacramento receives

kmart
klezia

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2770~515~556~575&teams=23~23~7~7&te=&cash=

and then on top that off by picking up restricted free agent
Carl landry Salary 2008: $427,163

now check out this rotation

AC/Atkins
AI/JR/Weems
Melo/Balkman
More/Landry/Birdman
Miller/Nene/Hunter

THIS LOOKS LIKE A PLAYOFF TEAM TO ME

pce gussied

Works for us if we're pushing for the playoffs. But if we're rebuilding we should keep Kleiza. Brad's a decent big man with a lotta experience while Moore can provide some help off the bench. Kleiza's absence would hurt us though. JR Smith is the only other decent long range shooter we have.

Mile High Crew
09-12-2008, 05:44 PM
All that trade stuff people has been processing with ESPN is fine with, but we need to realize from the facts of what is going to happen in real life and what we want to happen.

I think if we are going to make a trade with a team has to be for a Point Guard. All that center and power forward stuff is fine, but we can't win games without a consistent and solid pg.

idizzle
09-13-2008, 10:43 AM
All that trade stuff people has been processing with ESPN is fine with, but we need to realize from the facts of what is going to happen in real life and what we want to happen.

I think if we are going to make a trade with a team has to be for a Point Guard. All that center and power forward stuff is fine, but we can't win games without a consistent and solid pg.

I feel y'all on that. I think the Nuggets should go after Raymond Felton of the Bobcats. I like his game and I think he would be a good fit with the Nuggets cause Chucky Atkins and Anthony Carter ain't gone cut it and its time to get some young blood in their.

paguy1955
09-24-2008, 03:15 PM
The Nuggets haven't had a player from a Denver area high school on the roster since trading Chauncey Billups in February 2000.

Nick Fazekas would like to change that.

Fazekas, a 2003 Ralston Valley High School graduate, said Tuesday he will sign a nonguaranteed contract with the Nuggets before the start of next week's training camp. The 6-foot-11 forward said he had "lots" of camp offers but believes he can make the Nuggets, who recently lost big men Marcus Camby and Eduardo Najera.

"I'm confident I can," said Fazekas, who will sign for the $711,517 minimum after averaging 4.1 points in 26 games last season as a rookie with Dallas and the Clippers. "I don't want it to sound like I'm talking with an ego, but I feel I'm good enough to play in the NBA."

If Fazekas, who worked out at the Pepsi Center on Tuesday for a second straight day after having recent workouts with Cleveland, Dallas, Oklahoma City and San Antonio, doesn't bring local flavor to the Nuggets, forward Michael Ruffin could. Ruffin, who also has been working out at the Pepsi Center, expects to attend training camp with Denver or Chicago.

"I'll know in the next few days," said Ruffin, a 1995 Cherry Creek High School graduate who played last season with Milwaukee and has a 1.8 average in eight NBA seasons. "I'll talk to my agent (Andy Miller) and talk to (Denver) coaches and try to get an idea about them keeping a 14th player."

The cost-cutting Nuggets might begin the season with the minimum of 13 players. But word now is a 14th could be kept, especially if a young prospect such as Fazekas shows promise.

While Fazekas said it would be "unique" playing for his hometown team, he'll get paid this season regardless. Dallas, which waived him in February after signing him to a two-year guaranteed deal, owes him $711,517.

catzhernandez
09-24-2008, 04:45 PM
The Nuggets haven't had a player from a Denver area high school on the roster since trading Chauncey Billups in February 2000.

Nick Fazekas would like to change that.

Fazekas, a 2003 Ralston Valley High School graduate, said Tuesday he will sign a nonguaranteed contract with the Nuggets before the start of next week's training camp. The 6-foot-11 forward said he had "lots" of camp offers but believes he can make the Nuggets, who recently lost big men Marcus Camby and Eduardo Najera.

"I'm confident I can," said Fazekas, who will sign for the $711,517 minimum after averaging 4.1 points in 26 games last season as a rookie with Dallas and the Clippers. "I don't want it to sound like I'm talking with an ego, but I feel I'm good enough to play in the NBA."

If Fazekas, who worked out at the Pepsi Center on Tuesday for a second straight day after having recent workouts with Cleveland, Dallas, Oklahoma City and San Antonio, doesn't bring local flavor to the Nuggets, forward Michael Ruffin could. Ruffin, who also has been working out at the Pepsi Center, expects to attend training camp with Denver or Chicago.

"I'll know in the next few days," said Ruffin, a 1995 Cherry Creek High School graduate who played last season with Milwaukee and has a 1.8 average in eight NBA seasons. "I'll talk to my agent (Andy Miller) and talk to (Denver) coaches and try to get an idea about them keeping a 14th player."

The cost-cutting Nuggets might begin the season with the minimum of 13 players. But word now is a 14th could be kept, especially if a young prospect such as Fazekas shows promise.

While Fazekas said it would be "unique" playing for his hometown team, he'll get paid this season regardless. Dallas, which waived him in February after signing him to a two-year guaranteed deal, owes him $711,517.
Wanna cite this?

OneMoreSucka
09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
It's from Rocky Mountain News. He puts up pretty good numbers for the amount of time he plays so that's a good sign, but I still maintain the idea that we need starters, not deep reserves, regardless of the financial situation.

paguy1955
09-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Cleaves' signing with Nuggets imminent
By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)

With Chucky Atkins injured, point guard Mateen Cleaves will get another chance to return to the NBA.

Danny Servick, the agent for Cleaves, confirmed Friday his client will sign with the Nuggets before training camp, which begins Tuesday. Cleaves, a six-year veteran, last played in the NBA in 2005-06.

Cleaves, scheduled to arrive in Denver on Friday afternoon, will sign a one-year nonguaranteed minimum contract. While Servick said Cleaves had been invited to Denver

OneMoreSucka
09-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Seriously what is with denver and signing older, backup/3rd string PG's...

I wonder how his defense is, at least he's got the size to match up with other PG's...

OneMoreSucka
10-03-2008, 09:19 PM
The trade didn't happen.

francesco totti
10-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Nene's work thrills Karl

It was an early August evening at The Capital Grille, and George Karl was simmering like a filet mignon.

The Nuggets coach had a clear understanding that in the upcoming season, Nene's role would be paramount. He wondered if Nene understood this too.

During dinner, Karl and Nene had "a direct conversation with a little anger," said the coach, who let his starting center know he needed to start centering his days on basketball preparation.

"Since that day, I think he averaged four to five days in the gym, which he had never done for us," Karl said.

And in the first week of preseason camp, well, "he's been tremendous," Karl said.

There have been glimpses of greatness, said the coach, and many have come during Denver's scrimmages, in which Nene has dominated the low post, occasionally showing off his off-hand finishes at the rim, a nifty weapon for a big man.

Nene, of course, missed the majority of last season while recovering from testicular cancer, as well as suffering numerous other injuries. With center Marcus Camby traded to the Clippers, Nene has been anointed the starting center, while Denver fans have their fingers crossed that the injury-prone player will be prone only to double- doubles.

Karl said he expects Nene to go from seemingly "overpaid" to "underpaid," but it will be a process that spills into the season.

"When you miss a whole season, there are little steps to regain confidence, condition and involvement with the team," Karl said. He added: "I would say the two guys if we lose, we couldn't replace, would be Nene and Carmelo (Anthony)."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10640046

Nene :rockon:

francesco totti
10-05-2008, 07:03 AM
Nine of the league's 30 teams exceed the Luxury Tax:

They include the Cleveland Cavaliers, with an $89.6 million payroll, Dallas Mavericks ($85.7 million), Los Angeles Lakers ($83.1 million), Portland Trail Blazers ($81.5 million), Boston Celtics ($81.3 million), Denver Nuggets ($74.6 million), Phoenix Suns ($74.4 million) and Houston Rockets ($74.2 million).

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base//sports-3/1223186048263650.xml&coll=1

We rank 6th. We gotta be challenging for the title :mad:

And good to see the team working on defense big time! :cheers:

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10639788

francesco totti
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
10) Denver Nuggets

By all reports, the Marcus Camby trade didn't go down too well. There were rumours a few weeks ago about a possible 'Melo trade, now there are rumours that Allen Iverson could be traded. This team was not good defensively, but they practically gave away their best defensive player in Camby.

Denver needs to work out what they are going to do next, because they need to make some changes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/65338-nba-western-conference-power-rankings

Another crap prediction on us for a laugh..

OneMoreSucka
10-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I like being underrated this year.

RobboUK
10-06-2008, 11:04 AM
I like being underrated this year.

Exactly, i think people are worrying too much anyway. who knows whats in store for us...

OneMoreSucka
10-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I started thinking last night and came this conclusion about the nuggets this season.

- Defense will improve significantly, but will only be effective against teams below .500
- Elite teams in the west and east both will find holes in the D and have their way with us, but we might be able to steal a couple close games.
- PPG will drop significantly, I'd guess somewhere in the 99-101 range.
- All this will result in a 48-34 record and a spot in the 8th seed.

francesco totti
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_10652714

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10654624

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/06/NBA-iverson-heads-list-nuggets-walking-wounded/

*Iverson sat out after banging his knee on the floor last Friday but is expected to return soon.

*Forward Chris Andersen was limited because of a calf contusion. He was kicked during Saturday’s practice and is listed as day-to-day.

*Center Steven Hunter has an inflamed right knee but has been able to practice on a limited basis.

*Guard Chucky Atkins, who will miss all of camp, remains out because of knee surgery. But he has been cleared to increase rehabilitation activity and will begin work on the stationary bike.

*Swingman Sonny Weems remains limited as he recovers from July 31 sports hernia surgery. But athletic trainer Jim Gillen said he could engage in a full practice late this week.

*Swingman Ruben Patterson practiced despite a mild right hamstring

strain suffered Saturday.

*Forward Kenyon Martin practiced, and is doing much better after missing time last week due to right shoulder inflammation.

I hate injuries. AI's injury is nothing important, he will be back.

OneMoreSucka
10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Wow all those injuries and no mention of Nene! It's a miracle!

francesco totti
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Top 10 Most Popular NBA Jerseys in Europe:

1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
2. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
3. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
4. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
6. Allen Iverson, Denver Nuggets
7. Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors
8. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
9. Marco Belinelli, Golden State Warriors
10. Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors

http://www.nba.com/news/jersey_europe_081008.html

AI 6th , still popular. I would put him 4th tho. The others are there becoz of being spanish, italian or french :tongue:

RobboUK
10-08-2008, 03:18 PM

AI 6th , still popular. I would put him 4th tho. The others are there becoz of being spanish, italian or french :tongue:

Belinelli :oldlol:

AItheAnswer3
10-08-2008, 04:35 PM

Yup, tho its still amazing how popular AI is.

francesco totti
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Source (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_10679991)

DATELINE — Allen Iverson left the Iverson Five to rejoin the Denver Five on Thursday, his first practice with the team since the birth of his fifth child, Dream Alijha.

The highlight of the practice was Kenyon Martin's highlight-reel dunk, in which he drove down the lane, faked a pass and tomahawked a dunk. When Martin landed, he stood still for a few seconds, soaking in the play. Opponent Juwan Howard cracked the silence, saying: "He traveled!"

The Nuggets open preseason play on Friday, at 7 p.m., at the Pepsi Center against Minnesota. Coach George Karl expects everyone to be suited up and ready except for Chucky Atkins (right knee) and Sonny Weems (groin strain).

As for how he'll distribute minutes, Karl said, "I would say the top-10 would get 20 minutes or more, and another two or three guys 10-15 minutes."

Iverson is back practicing.And k-mart looks passionate to start the season.

OneMoreSucka
10-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Opponent Juwan Howard cracked the silence, saying: "He traveled!"
Hahaha brilliant.

francesco totti
10-14-2008, 09:41 AM
http://www.protrade.com/content/DisplayArticle.html?sp=Sbf45d1d8-9975-11dd-a0e3-9562646204a3

21. Denver Nuggets -- JENGA. Camby gone, Iverson on his way out, time to rebuild around selfish Melo.

We will need to pop up all this BS articles after the season is over. According to this retard, we will finish 21st in the NBA :roll:

francesco totti
10-20-2008, 01:38 PM
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=b5699bf0-3a9c-4cdd-ba0b-348c2c78872e

AI wont play again this tuesday vs toronto .. (sore right ankle)

I hope the injury isnt serious..but he missed too many pre-season games..
I hope its nthg serious, and just precautionary measure from the medical staff

AItheAnswer3
10-20-2008, 03:22 PM
:(

OneMoreSucka
10-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Well....a starting backcourt of AC and JR wouldn't bad...Instead of having two scorers, you've got one scorer and one defensive stopper...

Oh my.

francesco totti
10-29-2008, 01:42 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=479475

Nuggets, Linas Kleiza close to 4-year, $25 million extension

The deadline for contract extensions for first-round picks from the 2005 NBA draft looms Friday, and for many, it looks like the deadline will pass without new deals, which could mean a crowded restricted free-agent market next summer. But for the Class of '05, which has seen Andrew Bogut, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Francisco Garcia sign new contracts, there remains a glimmer of hope: Denver's Linas Kleiza.

According to Kleiza's agent, Bill Duffy, the two sides are close. "The Nuggets really want to get it done, and I know Linas wants to get it done, too," Duffy told sportingnews.com on Tuesday. "I would expect it to be finalized in the next two days. We have until Friday, but it probably won't go that long."

Duffy declined to get into specifics of the potential contract, but a source says that Kleiza's deal will be in the four-year, $25 million range, which would make it similar to a mid-level contract. It is believed that only a small amount of money and the possibility of an option year are all that has held up the deal.

Kleiza, entering his fourth NBA season, had a breakthrough year in 2007-08, averaging 11.1 points and 4.2 rebounds. .

Other '05 draft class members -- Danny Granger of Indiana and Andrew Bynum of the Lakers chief among them -- remain candidates to get extensions. But Granger and the Pacers have not had serious talks and are not likely to get anything done. Bynum and the Lakers are far apart on money, and that gap is unlikely to close by Friday. Already, sportingnews.com has confirmed that the bulk of the draft class will not receive extensions.

Keep Kleiza

francesco totti
10-29-2008, 02:28 AM
Source (http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/nuggets/archives/2008/10/kleiza_move_lat.html)

Assuming Kleiza resigned, and balkman retained. Here is how the situation look for 2009-2010

Carmelo Anthony $15.78 million
Kenyon Martin $15.61 million
Nene $10.52 million
Linas Kleiza $5.5 million (approximate)
J.R. Smith $5.5 million (approximate)
Steven Hunter $3.7 million
Chucky Atkins $3.48 million ($760,000 guaranteed)
Renaldo Balkman $2.11 million
Sonny Weems $736,420

Nuggets in line to be free agents next summer (all unrestricted):

Chris Andersen
Anthony Carter
Juwan Howard
Allen Iverson
Dahntay Jones

Gotta keep AI as well, plz.

CaptainOwlClub
10-29-2008, 04:24 PM
that is great news on kleiza- and at the right price too imo- i was hoping he wouldnt need nocioni like 9-10 mill per year- not being in a "big market" may have helped us on that, im interested for some reason on david lee & if the knicks will have to pay him 10+ a year just because he is there best & most liked player

does anyone know what the salary cap limit is next year- will the nugs be able to sign a fa after the 58-60 million already lined up? will atkins & hunter be trade peices? is that trade ex going to be used?

assuming the lk deal gets done i am just so happy that the 4 players that i consider the core of the team(carmelo, nene, jr, & kleiza) are signed for at least 3 more years and at around 35 mill for the group- our "top 3" now cost well over 50- the jr & kleiza signing are the 1st step to someday having a better balanced roster & the only 2 positive steps this franchise has made for a while

OneMoreSucka
10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Anyone else secretly want the nuggets to fail this year so we have a shot at getting rid of karl and picking up ricky rubio? :D