PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson or Scottie Pippen, who is considered better?

TmacsRockets
07-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Allen Iverson or Scottie Pippen, who is considered better?

While Pippen has the rings, he won them as the 2nd option and Iverson actually led a team to the finals and won mvp.

Scott Pippen
07-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Iverson score better, but Scottie is more versatile and better all around player and better defender who sacrifice his game for team to help win 6 titles with all time great duo.:applause:

JPR
07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
that lil tatted up selfish prick is a good for nothing. players like iverson don't win rings. they're too caught up in themselves to dedicate and sacrafice themselves for a Championship. it takes more than practice but that's something even Iverson doesn't do.

guy
07-22-2008, 09:52 AM
AI's my favorite current player, and I think Pippen is one of the most overrated players ever, but its easily Pippen for me. Pippen versatility and his 6 rings, even if they were with Jordan, put him over AI to me. IMO, AI would benefit ALOT if he had a player like Pippen on his team, who I think would be a perfect fit for him.

Aussie Dunker
07-22-2008, 10:01 AM
My heart says Iverson, but my head says Pippen...

I rate both players very high, but scottie having 6 chips (as the GOAT second fiddle on a team) is the clincher at the moment, if A.I can manage to win a ring or 2 before he retires, then ill give the Answer the edge...

NYK-Bball
07-22-2008, 11:18 AM
that lil tatted up selfish prick is a good for nothing. players like iverson don't win rings. they're too caught up in themselves to dedicate and sacrafice themselves for a Championship. it takes more than practice but that's something even Iverson doesn't do.

You are so biased.You always bring up Tattoos when a player hasn't won a ring or had success.What does that have to do with their playing ability?

Jimmy2k8
07-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Funny that a Tracy Mcgrady fan is making this type of thread. Go figure.

JPR
07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
You are so biased.You always bring up Tattoos when a player hasn't won a ring or had success.What does that have to do with their playing ability?

because players like Iverson, Melo, and JR Smith represent everything that is wrong with today's NBA. some role models they are...

DreamYaoTmac5
07-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Pippen, Iverson is a better scorer and that's it, and has better handles, yet Pippen is a better playmaker and everything else.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 12:02 PM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ****ing hater :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

JPR
07-22-2008, 12:03 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ****ing hater :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

"Practice?! You talkin bout practice?!!"

no wonder that clown has and will never win a ring unless he jumps on the Boston bandwagon like Cassell, PJ Brown, ect. did.

Sroek
07-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Kobe Bryant is better than both of them.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
because players like Iverson, Melo, and JR Smith represent everything that is wrong with today's NBA. some role models they are...

http://www.omf.fuaga.com/aufkleber/m62%20save%20the%20planet%20kill%20yourself.JPG

PLEASE DO ALL OF USE FAVOR AND KILL UR ****ING SELF IF U EVER CONSIDER WHAT COMES OUT OF UR MOUTH TO BE TRUTH. U ARE PROLLY ONE OF THEM WHITE TRASHY ASS ****ERS WHO LOST AT LIFE AND STILL LIVE IN UR MOMS BASEMENT. :banghead: UR MOM SHOULD HAVE SWALLOWED

JPR
07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
PLEASE DO ALL OF USE FAVOR AND KILL UR ****ING SELF IF U EVER CONSIDER WHAT COMES OUT OF UR MOUTH TO BE TRUTH. U ARE PROLLY ONE OF THEM WHITE TRASHY ASS ****ERS WHO LOST AT LIFE AND STILL LIVE IN UR MOMS BASEMENT. :banghead:

self projection is a b!tch, isn't it? The day you learn to read a book, value education, obtain a moral code (and abide by it), is the day I let you slide. but it is obvious that AI is your role model because you could care less about your fellow man. all you care about is yourself. you are what is wrong with society in america. read a book...too bad you have an IQ lower than a chimp.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Kobe Bryant is better than both of them.

NO:banghead:

ruslan
07-22-2008, 12:08 PM
self projection is a b!tch, isn't it? The day you learn to read a book, value education, obtain a moral code (and abide by it), is the day I let you slide. but it is obvious that AI is your role model because you could care less about your fellow man. all you care about is yourself. you are what is wrong with society in america. read a book...too bad you have an IQ lower than a chimp.

yep and u are a perfect human being but disgrace others cuz of their looks. u are the one that needs to grow up and learn the meaning of life u ****ing homo.:confusedshrug:

JtotheIzzo
07-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Its Pippen and it isn't really close.

JPR
07-22-2008, 12:13 PM
yep and u are a perfect human being but disgrace others cuz of their looks. u are the one that needs to grow up and learn the meaning of life u ****ing homo.:confusedshrug:

boy, your knowledge is staggering! what did you complete, 7 years of education? did you even graduate junior high? you are too easy of a target. i'll spare you my wrath. bottomline is Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, ect. weren't tatted up from head to toe looking like your average wannabe rapper/dope boy off of the corner. AI is to selfish to realize that he's a role model for countless youths. you can't even compare Scottie to this clown. I don't care what his stats say. if he wasn't so selfish, that 76ers team would of had a ring by now. AI is the very definition of a ball hog. He doesn't play to win, he plays to fill the stat sheet.

knickballer
07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
"Practice?! You talkin bout practice?!!"

no wonder that clown has and will never win a ring unless he jumps on the Boston bandwagon like Cassell, PJ Brown, ect. did.

you see the teams he had.......... Pippen had Jordan, Rodman, great role players who did AI have Eric Snow? AI's supporting cast consisted of George Lynch, Eric Snow, Dikembe Mutombo....... Jordan was the best player ever. If I was building a team you take Iverson he's a superstar but Pippen is a perfect player to be a sidekick for you #1.

Sroek
07-22-2008, 12:14 PM
boy, your knowledge is staggering! what did you complete, 7 years of education? did you even graduate junior high? you are too easy of a target. i'll spare you my wrath. bottomline is Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, ect. weren't tatted up from head to toe looking like your average wannabe rapper/dope boy off of the corner. AI is to selfish to realize that he's a role model for countless youths. you can't even compare Scottie to this clown. I don't care what his stats say. if he wasn't so selfish, that 76ers team would of had a ring by now. AI is the very definition of a ball hog. He doesn't play to win, he plays to fill the stat sheet.

So AI isn't a good player because of how he looks?

You, my friend, are an imbecile.

JPR
07-22-2008, 12:16 PM
So AI isn't a good player because of how he looks?

You, my friend, are an imbecile.

can you read? obviously i stated he's no good because he is a ball hog. but it's not even about winning on the court. he should set an example for all the black youth to follow since he is in the limelight. however, he is doing the opposite. he's doing a diservice to the entire black community.

Sroek
07-22-2008, 12:18 PM
can you read? obviously i stated he's no good because he is a ball hog. but it's not even about winning on the court. he should set an example for all the black youth to follow since he is in the limelight. however, he is doing the opposite. he's doing a diservice to the entire black community.

There are selfish players in the NBA, but AI isn't one of them. If you want to go down the list, it's best that you mention guys like Larry Hughes and Carmelo Anthony before you get anywhere near someone like Iverson.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
There are selfish players in the NBA, but AI isn't one of them. If you want to go down the list, it's best that you mention guys like Larry Hughes and Carmelo Anthony before you get anywhere near someone like Iverson.

just stop arguing with that joker. he will do anything to keep hating on AI. :banghead:

knickballer
07-22-2008, 12:24 PM

WTF are you talking about? :oldlol: Your losing it, setting a example on the community...... What about your idol Rodman, he's smoking pot day and night most likely

ruslan
07-22-2008, 12:24 PM

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

JPR
07-22-2008, 12:25 PM
WTF are you talking about? :oldlol: Your losing it, setting a example on the community...... What about your idol Rodman, he's smoking pot day and night most likely

here's another fine example of today's uneducated youth. for your sake, and ours, i hope you are still in school.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 12:29 PM
here's another fine example of today's uneducated youth. for your sake, and ours, i hope you are still in school.

wtf do u know about today youth. u should be only caring about urself and not arguing over the internet whats wrong with todays youth...whats wrong with u and ur logic...u obviously think if player has tattos than he is a thug and bad role model but guess what? it aint how u look. did u fail at life or something or did AI do something to ur family cuz what ur saying is beyond retartedness if i like someone who has a lot of tattos it doesnt mean theres anything wrong with me or anyone else who likes that same player. u need a lot help, i can tell u that :banghead: :confusedshrug:

knickballer
07-22-2008, 12:30 PM

First of all Iverson had charities, gives back to the community. I know he got arrested once but everyplayer does something stupid. Kobe- rapping a girl, Jordan- Gambling, Isiah Thomas- Ruining the Knicks, etc.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Sroek
07-22-2008, 12:38 PM

You sound like a bitter old man with that self-righteous preaching you're spewing. I doubt you know enough about Iverson's character to be criticizing his lack of sophistication. Style and image is hardly equivocal to a person's maturity and intellect.

Killer_Instinct
07-22-2008, 12:46 PM
It's Pippen. No matter how you cut it. What does AI do better than Pippen besides score and handle the rock better? He just isn't as versitale. Pippen is an extremley valuable guy. No hate towards AI, he is talented. One of the great talents. But his 50 point games would have meant so much more if they weren't constantly thrown up in an awful 43% shooting clip.

When he haves games that he's shooting47% and higher, he's at his best. Unfourtantley, AI is too inconsistent and how anyone can deny that is laughable. Pippen also led his team(Blazers) to the WCF to be defeated by the eventful Champs(Lakers) I'd take Scottie over AI anyday if I wanted to have more W's in the columns instead of L's. AI is more entertaining to watch though, for what it's worth.

Sroek
07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
It's Pippen. No matter how you cut it. What does AI do better than Pippen besides score and handle the rock better? He just isn't as versitale. Pippen is an extremley valuable guy. No hate towards AI, he is talented. One of the great talents. But his 50 point games would have meant so much more if they weren't constantly thrown up in an awful 43% shooting clip.

When he haves games that he's shooting47% and higher, he's at his best. Unfourtantley, AI is too inconsistent and how anyone can deny that is laughable. Pippen also led his team(Blazers) to the WCF to be defeated by the eventful Champs(Lakers) I'd take Scottie over AI anyday if I wanted to have more W's in the columns instead of L's. AI is more entertaining to watch though, for what it's worth.

Pippen was a product of Jordan. Iverson, no matter who he's playing with can drop 30+ on you at will. With 4+ assists and 5+ forced turnovers/steals to boot.

iamgine
07-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Co-sign

Iverson is great but come on people...I swear these comparisons are getting worse every single day.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Co-sign

Iverson is great but come on people...I swear these comparisons are getting worse every single day.

anyone who think scottie is better than AI by long shot is a dumbass, seriously.

Killer_Instinct
07-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Pippen was a product of Jordan. Iverson, no matter who he's playing with can drop 30+ on you at will. With 4+ assists and 5+ forced turnovers/steals to boot.

B/S. Jordan carried them to those rings yeah, but you're telling me Pippen made it to the WCF on that Blazers team because of Jordan? Where was MJ during that time? Must be pretty good to make him while he's not even on the court. People also forget that Pippen led the Bulls after MJs retirement(s). I can pretty much assure you it doesn't go over well when someone says that Shaq made Kobe.

MJ didn't make Scottie. He simply carried him over the hump. Scottie was going to be a great player regardless. You act as if Scottie was Steve Kerr on those teams.

Sroek
07-22-2008, 01:06 PM
anyone who think scottie is better than AI by long shot is a dumbass, seriously.

Agreed. It's mostly denial and refusal to accept post-modernism.

Killer_Instinct
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM

Right because your opinion means so much more than everyone elses.

nycelt84
07-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Agreed. It's mostly denial and refusal to accept post-modernism.

There a lot of posters here like that who just say if it was in the 1980's or early 90's it had to be better and nothing can ever match that. Allen Iverson is a superior player to Scottie Pippen.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 01:20 PM

dec 5th, 2007 vs LA, AI dropped 51 on 18-27 shooting = 66% w/ 8 assists

feb 12th, 2005 vs ORL, AI dropped 60 on 17-36 shooting = 47% w/ 6 assists

dec 23rd, 2005 vs ATL, AI dropped 53 on 17-31 shooting = 54% w/ 5 assists

dec 18th, 2004 vs MIL, AI dropped 54 on 17-29 shooting = 58% w/ 5 assists

dec 20, 2004 vs UTAH, AI dropped 51 on 18-31 shooting = 58% w/ 6 assists

nov 29, 2003 vs ATL, AI dropped 50 on 20-34 shooting = 59% w/ 6 assists

apr 20th, 2003 vs CHA, AI dropped 55 on 21-32 shooting = 66% w/ 8 assists

jan 15th, 2002 vs HOU, AI dropped 58 on 21-42 shooting = 50% w/ 6 assists

jan 6th, 2001 vs CLE, AI dropped 54 on 20-30 shooting = 66% w/ 3 assists

jan 21st, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 51 on 20-40 shooting = 50% w/ 4 assists

may 9th, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 54 on 21-39 shooting = 54% w/ 3 assists

may 16, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 52 on 21-32 shooting = 66% w/ 7 assists

feb 6, 2000 vs SAC, AI dropped 50 on 20-40 shooting = 50% w/ 6 assists

he also dropped 50 on CLE in his rookie season shooting over 50%.....

i dont see anywhere, where he shoots under 45% while scoring 50+. notice how most of the time he has 5+ assists....so what is ur point again?

ruslan
07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
B/S. Jordan carried them to those rings yeah, but you're telling me Pippen made it to the WCF on that Blazers team because of Jordan? Where was MJ during that time? Must be pretty good to make him while he's not even on the court. People also forget that Pippen led the Bulls after MJs retirement(s). I can pretty much assure you it doesn't go over well when someone says that Shaq made Kobe.

MJ didn't make Scottie. He simply carried him over the hump. Scottie was going to be a great player regardless. You act as if Scottie was Steve Kerr on those teams.

that blazer team had prime rasheed, stoudamire, steve smith, and old sybonis with other talent..dont tell me he carried them... he didnt even avg 20 ppg :confusedshrug:

Killer_Instinct
07-22-2008, 01:23 PM
dec 5th, 2007 vs LA, AI dropped 51 on 18-27 shooting = 66% w/ 8 assists

feb 12th, 2005 vs ORL, AI dropped 60 on 17-36 shooting = 47% w/ 6 assists

dec 23rd, 2005 vs ATL, AI dropped 53 on 17-31 shooting = 54% w/ 5 assists

dec 18th, 2004 vs MIL, AI dropped 54 on 17-29 shooting = 58% w/ 5 assists

dec 20, 2004 vs UTAH, AI dropped 51 on 18-31 shooting = 58% w/ 6 assists

nov 29, 2003 vs ATL, AI dropped 50 on 20-34 shooting = 59% w/ 6 assists

apr 20th, 2003 vs CHA, AI dropped 55 on 21-32 shooting = 66% w/ 8 assists

jan 15th, 2002 vs HOU, AI dropped 58 on 21-42 shooting = 50% w/ 6 assists

jan 6th, 2001 vs CLE, AI dropped 54 on 20-30 shooting = 66% w/ 3 assists

jan 21st, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 51 on 20-40 shooting = 50% w/ 4 assists

may 9th, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 54 on 21-39 shooting = 54% w/ 3 assists

may 16, 2001 vs TOR, AI dropped 52 on 21-32 shooting = 66% w/ 7 assists

feb 6, 2000 vs SAC, AI dropped 50 on 20-40 shooting = 50% w/ 6 assists

he also dropped 50 on CLE in his rookie season shooting over 50%.....

i dont see anywhere, where he shoots under 45% while scoring 50+. notice how most of the time he has 5+ assists....so what is ur point again?

Oh damn. :confusedshrug: I should have been more specific. You just killed my ass on that without doubt. I guess my point is AI shoots horrible percentages constantly, but he has improved this season. Also, his career FG% is lackluster. I also stated AI is at his best when he shoots 47% or better. But his good shooting games are few and far in between. I could pull those up also but that's not really neccessary.

Killer_Instinct
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
that blazer team had prime rasheed, stoudamire, steve smith, and old sybonis with other talent..dont tell me he carried them... he didnt even avg 20 ppg :confusedshrug:

You're right. Rasheed Wallace was the Captain of that team.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh damn. :confusedshrug: I should have been more specific. You just killed my ass on that without doubt. I guess my point is AI shoots horrible percentages constantly, but he has improved this season. Also, his career FG% is lackluster. I also stated AI is at his best when he shoots 47% or better. But his good shooting games are few and far in between. I could pull those up also but that's not really neccessary.

dude u said that those 50 point games would mean alot more if they constantly werent thrown up on 43% chip. cant even read what u wrote, or just ignoring it? i know he doesnt have the best shooting % but i gave u evidence that when he scores more = better shooting percentage......seriously :banghead:

Heretik32
07-22-2008, 01:30 PM
AI's my favorite current player, and I think Pippen is one of the most overrated players ever, but its easily Pippen for me. Pippen versatility and his 6 rings, even if they were with Jordan, put him over AI to me. IMO, AI would benefit ALOT if he had a player like Pippen on his team, who I think would be a perfect fit for him.

I wish more posters on ISH had the balls to actually accept their favorite player isn't the GOAT and that ISH is a place to discuss basketball, not to defend their mancrush's honor.
Repped.

DinoRadja40
07-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Pippen

Killer_Instinct
07-22-2008, 01:35 PM
dude u said that those 50 point games would mean alot more if they constantly werent thrown up on 43% chip. cant even read what u wrote, or just ignoring it? i know he doesnt have the best shooting % but i gave u evidence that when he scores more = better shooting percentage......seriously :banghead:

Wtf? This is why it's impossible to argue with homer-like fans. I've tried being civil and actually having an INTELLECTUAL debate with you. But you are starting to get butt sore. Can you read? I said I should have been more specific. Do you REALLY want me to pull up the bad 50 point games that AI has had? I also STATED IN THAT POST THAT YOU QUOTED WITH THE STATS THAT, Quote,

"AI is at his best when shooting 47% or higher"

Can you remove your lips from his genitilia for just a second and procces that instead of crying like a heartbroken school girl and posting the:banghead: icon after every sentence? Every high scoring game AI has had has not been a pretty game contrary to your belief. If you would stop slurping him you wouldn't be so blind to that fact.

I ACKNOWLEDGED that he had good 50 Point games. Why are you so ass hurt? Not everyone worships an AI shrine. I admitted where I was wrong, but AI STILL is INCONSISTENT. If he could give me a 50 Point game on 47% or higher more than he gives a 41 point game on 9-27 shooting then I'd retract that. He's still inconsistent and nothing you or I say or do will change that.

Boo-Hoo.

iamgine
07-22-2008, 02:01 PM
anyone who think AI is better than Pippen by long shot is a dumbass, seriously.

See how I did that? :lol

Sroek
07-22-2008, 02:18 PM

No. Please explain. That was some magical ass shit.

Rasheed1
07-22-2008, 03:41 PM
AI is better than Pippen

look at their stats...look at who did more with less....

scottie was a borderline p*ssy and if it had not been linked so closely to Mj, he wouldnt be thought of so highly

he would still be known as a simply a soft NBA player

Iverson carried a less then mediocre sixer squad for years.. Something Pippen never had the man hood to do....

Somebody Iverson's size shouldnt be able to do the things he does (like average more ppg than anyone but Mj) and he didnt have an Mj or a Rasheed Wallace or a Barkley or Hakeem, Drexler etc.. to play with

Im not hatin on scottie, but he was a by product of what Michael Jordan was able to achieve.... Very good player, but not as good as Iverson

BIZARRO
07-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Pippen can never carry a team! N please
Your mom has a ring too..Is she better than Iverson :rolleyes:

The 94-95 version of Scottie Pippen (and 93-94), who carried his team, beats any version of AI. AI never reached the all around level of the 6'71/2, scoring, passing, defending, and rebounding octopus machine Pippen was that season.

If you want scoring, go to AI. If you want wins go for prime Pippen.

mattreis62
07-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Pippen, and it's not close. Why is this even a thread?

ruslan
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Wtf? This is why it's impossible to argue with homer-like fans. I've tried being civil and actually having an INTELLECTUAL debate with you. But you are starting to get butt sore. Can you read? I said I should have been more specific. Do you REALLY want me to pull up the bad 50 point games that AI has had? I also STATED IN THAT POST THAT YOU QUOTED WITH THE STATS THAT, Quote,

"AI is at his best when shooting 47% or higher"

Can you remove your lips from his genitilia for just a second and procces that instead of crying like a heartbroken school girl and posting the:banghead: icon after every sentence? Every high scoring game AI has had has not been a pretty game contrary to your belief. If you would stop slurping him you wouldn't be so blind to that fact.

I ACKNOWLEDGED that he had good 50 Point games. Why are you so ass hurt? Not everyone worships an AI shrine. I admitted where I was wrong, but AI STILL is INCONSISTENT. If he could give me a 50 Point game on 47% or higher more than he gives a 41 point game on 9-27 shooting then I'd retract that. He's still inconsistent and nothing you or I say or do will change that.

Boo-Hoo.

id love for u to post bad 50 point games AI had cuz apperantly i posted all of his 50 pt games :oldlol:

inconsistent? dude AI is 3rd all time PPG in regular season and only 2nd to MJ in playoffs...how the **** is that incosistent...and as for %s then yeah he doesnt shoot the best % of all people. but add the fact that he played 10 season with really challanged offensive players. name one players that was a scorer while AI was in philly. seriously :confusedshrug:

ruslan
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM

can u plz state evidence where someone said that? :confusedshrug: :banghead:

ruslan
07-22-2008, 06:58 PM

**** off buddy. :applause:

TmacsRockets
07-22-2008, 07:53 PM

Pippen never led a team to the finals nor ever won a MVP. If anything this should be Iverson and not even close.

aznboy2k2
07-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Allen Iverson or Scottie Pippen, who is considered better?

While Pippen has the rings, he won them as the 2nd option and Iverson actually led a team to the finals and won mvp.

Iverson is the better individual player.
Pippen is the better team player.

RoseCity07
07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Pippen, and I really don't think I need to explain why. I'm sure someone else already did the work on the first page.

Loki
07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
But his 50 point games would have meant so much more if they weren't constantly thrown up in an awful 43% shooting clip.

Allen Iverson has averaged 55.8% shooting in his 50+ point games, with only one game of 50+ under 50% shooting (47.2%).

Kobe, by contrast, averages 53.9% shooting on his games of 50+, with 6 games of 50+ coming on sub-50% shooting, 3 games under 45% shooting, and a single game low of 41.5% shooting.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Allen Iverson has averaged 55.8% shooting in his 50+ point games, with only one game of 50+ under 50% shooting (47.2%).

Kobe, by contrast, averages 53.9% shooting on his games of 50+, with 6 games of 50+ coming on sub-50% shooting, 3 games under 45% shooting, and a single game low of 41.5% shooting.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause: :applause:

AI>>>>>>>kobe

:party:

~LA's fine$t~
07-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Give me Pippen any day.

~LA's fine$t~
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM

How many 50+ games has Kobe & Iverson had, respectively?

Loki
07-22-2008, 09:58 PM

That doesn't matter. Especially since all but one of AI's games of 50+ came before Kobe's tear of 50+ games in 2006. So up to the same point in time (mid-2006 season), Iverson had more games of 50+ on better shooting.

Yet Killer Instinct talks about AI's 43% FG when he scores 50+.

dynasty1978
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
That doesn't matter. Especially since all but one of AI's games of 50+ came before Kobe's tear of 50+ games in 2006. So up to the same point in time (mid-2006 season), Iverson had more games of 50+ on better shooting.

Yet Killer Instinct talks about AI's 43% FG when he scores 50+.

How the hell did this turn into a Kobe vs. AI thread? everyone knows who the more efficient scorer is.

Loki
07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
How the hell did this turn into a Kobe vs. AI thread? everyone knows who the more efficient scorer is.

That's not in question. But when a known Kobe fan starts talking nonsense about how AI's 50+ point games are marred by bad shooting, I have to set the record straight.

ruslan
07-22-2008, 11:31 PM

kobe has something like 20 and AI has like 15 or something....:confusedshrug: why does it matter?

Inspector Rick
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Anyone who picks AI over Pippen should have their head examined. Iverson is a great player who's had an amazing career, but if you wanna compete for a title, the obvious choice is Pip. Whether your starting your team from the ground up, or playing with a bunch of seasoned vets, the answer is Scottie Pippen every single time. Period.

ruslan
07-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Anyone who picks AI over Pippen should have their head examined. Iverson is a great player who's had an amazing career, but if you wanna compete for a title, the obvious choice is Pip. Whether your starting your team from the ground up, or playing with a bunch of seasoned vets, the answer is Scottie Pippen every single time. Period.

:oldlol:

Piercethetruth
07-23-2008, 12:34 AM

Pippen never even led a team to the finals. Iverson did.

Inspector Rick
07-23-2008, 02:14 AM
Great. Iverson took his bad team and beat other bad eastern teams on his way to the finals in the weakest era in the history of basketball.

Its simple, Pippen brings more to the table. Steals, shotblocking, passing, general bball IQ, leadership, point guarding, toughness, man on man defenese, team defense, offensive versatility all while being a very formindable offensive talent in his own right.

You ask any NBA player who they'd rather have on their team everyone of them will say Scottie Pippen. Except maybe Horace Grant, heh.

ruslan
07-23-2008, 02:18 AM
Great. Iverson took his bad team and beat other bad eastern teams on his way to the finals in the weakest era in the history of basketball.

Its simple, Pippen brings more to the table. Steals, shotblocking, passing, general bball IQ, leadership, point guarding, toughness, man on man defenese, team defense, offensive versatility all while being a very formindable offensive talent in his own right.

You ask any NBA player who they'd rather have on their team everyone of them will say Scottie Pippen. Except maybe Horace Grant, heh.

lol AI tougher than any player who played this game. AI better stealer also... but alot of those other facts are factor of him being bigger and playing along side MJ. do u really think he would be what he was if he didnt have MJ? and who the **** cares what other players would want. we are talking about overall betterness, not who they want on the team. AI is better player than scottie pippen was. if it wasnt for MJ, scottie wouldnt be where he is today. ur overrating him big time buddy.:banghead:

momo
07-23-2008, 02:54 AM
I wish more posters on ISH had the balls to actually accept their favorite player isn't the GOAT and that ISH is a place to discuss basketball, not to defend their mancrush's honor.
Repped.

Besto post in this thread! Repped.

PS
Wally world > Jordo

Inspector Rick
07-23-2008, 03:03 AM
lol AI tougher than any player who played this game. AI better stealer also... but alot of those other facts are factor of him being bigger and playing along side MJ. do u really think he would be what he was if he didnt have MJ? and who the **** cares what other players would want. we are talking about overall betterness, not who they want on the team. AI is better player than scottie pippen was. if it wasnt for MJ, scottie wouldnt be where he is today. ur overrating him big time buddy.:banghead:

Kudos to Iverson for being as resilient as he is, he's a tough SOB. But you should try watching some clips of the Piston Bad Boys and 90's Knicks. That brand of basketball will redefine your definition of toughness.

Pips size advantage helped him a great deal, but thats just how it is, thus making him a better player. Thats an easy one.

Really, you can make a case for anyone. If player X was a little bit taller, or faster, or stronger, or more athletic. NBA players come in differnet shapes and sizes and they have to make the best of what they got.

All I'm looking at is the end result. Which is why I dont care for the "Oh, Pippen wouldnt be anything if it wasnt for MJ" talk. Of course Jordan played a major role in Pippens growth as a basketball player. Just like how Coach John Thompson helped AI develop his game.

I'm not going to fault a player for the basketball education they recieved, especially when they improve their game with it.

Orlando Magic
09-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Allen Iverson.