PDA

View Full Version : Which Group of Singers Would You Prefer?

Dnn111
08-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Group 1
Ray Charles
Sam Cooke
Marvin Gaye
Al Green
Michael Jackson
Curtis Mayfield
Percy Mayfield
Clyde McPhatter
Otis Redding
Smokey Robinson
Jackie Wilson

Group 2
Beyonce Knowles
Usher
Neyo
The lead singer from the Pussycat Dolls
Mary J. Blige
Fantasia Barrino
Ruben Studdard
John Legend
Kelis
Kelly Rowland
Alicia Keys
:pimp:

dab0yech0
08-31-2006, 07:12 PM
id like to go out with The lead singer from the Pussycat Dolls and beyonce and have em sing to me on my bed but to listen to at other times, id take the first group

West-Side
08-31-2006, 07:46 PM
It's like comparing Michael Jordan to Richard Hamilton...Group A!!!

L.Kizzle
09-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Of course group one wins. You had to have talent back in the day to make, it didn't matter how you looked.

B-Low
09-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Group 2
Beyonce Knowles
Usher
Mary J. Blige
John Legend
Alicia Keys
:pimp:

There's the ones in group 2 who will be remembered 5 years from now. Nuff said. I mean the fact that you had to call her "the lead singer from Pussycat Dolls" shows that she's nothing lol

indenial
09-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Group A is lacking females unlike group B, unless Micheal Jackson can be counted as a girl. I'll go with group B on looks alone!

MadeFromDust
12-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Group 2 hands down.

ace23
12-19-2013, 01:38 AM
There's the ones in group 2 who will be remembered 5 years from now. Nuff said. I mean the fact that you had to call her "the lead singer Pussycat Dolls" shows that she's nothing lol
All members of Group 2 are still remembered and active (Idk about the pussycat dolls bitch, never listened to them). L for B-Low.

Good bump

cuad
12-19-2013, 01:46 AM
I pick group 2. I don't wanna be in no sausage fest group.

Swaggin916
12-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Can you at least have something comparable to the first group? Troll :no:

B-Low
12-19-2013, 02:35 PM
All members of Group 2 are still remembered and active (Idk about the pussycat dolls bitch, never listened to them). L for B-Low.

Good bump

How many besides the ones i named are still relevant?

Fantasia? NOPE
Kelis? NOPE
Ruben? NOPE

In my original post the people I quoted I said would be relevant still are the only ones that are still legitimately relevant. Only one I was wrong on was NeYo and to a much much lesser extent Kelly Rowland :oldlol:

No L. No L at all.

L.Kizzle
12-20-2013, 12:18 AM
The group with Clyde McPhatter.

ace23
12-20-2013, 12:57 AM
How many besides the ones i named are still relevant?

Fantasia? NOPE
Kelis? NOPE
Ruben? NOPE

In my original post the people I quoted I said would be relevant still are the only ones that are still legitimately relevant. Only one I was wrong on was NeYo and to a much much lesser extent Kelly Rowland :oldlol:

No L. No L at all.
You said "remember", not "relevant".

I still remember everyone from that list and I'm not much into pop/R&B.

atljonesbro
12-20-2013, 05:30 AM
The nostalgia phenomenon, like I've said MANY times before, is literally in everything in life. Not just basketball lmao. The old is ALWAYS better doesn't matter what you talk about lmao.

dr.hee
12-20-2013, 06:44 AM
The nostalgia phenomenon, like I've said MANY times before, is literally in everything in life. Not just basketball lmao. The old is ALWAYS better doesn't matter what you talk about lmao.

Nostalgia can be a factor, but not if you're comparing Bird/Magic/Jordan to Nick Young, J.R. and Rudy Gay. That's what OP gave us as options basically.

Except John Legend and Mary J. Blige...but Kelis, Neyo, Kelly Rowland :lol

BoutPractice
12-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Group 2 is missing a lot of the modern R&B legends. Artistically singers like D'Angelo, Erykah Badu, and more recently Janelle and Frank Ocean are much closer to the spirit of classic soul and R&B (Me'Shell Ndegeocello, Bilal, Raphael Saadiq, Omar etc. too). And in terms of popular artists, the group is missing R.Kelly, who was also quite influential no matter what you think of him. But even if you added all the relevant R&B artists today, group 1 would still win for me, hands down, and it's not a question of nostalgia.