PDA

View Full Version : The Official Debate Thread

AKADS
08-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Everyon ehas been sent there Topic and has till 12 EST tommorrow night. Which is 26 hours from now. That is 9 PM Pacifictime. PM your opening to Walker. HE will post you and your opponents debate in a thread in the Streetball forum. then you will 24 hours to rebutle and debate openly. From there we close the rubtle stage and you will have 24 hours to send Walker your closing argument. From there the judges will pick a winner.

If this doesn't make sence your an idiot.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9544/hdgfuh3az5.png

Official Rules- 16 posters, two sides of the bracket.
- AKADS will run the 8 poster side of the bracket he's not involved in. I will run the other 8 poster side of the bracket.
- AKADS and I will decide on the 16 posters that enter. He will do the seedings for the side of the bracket he's running. And I will do the seedings for the side of the bracket I am running.
- When the poster has typed his argument he will PM it to myself and I will post it simultaneously whenever I have both sides of the argument.
- The judges will be the participants in the tournament who are not involved in that particular debate.
- Three rounds per debate. Opening argument, a day for back and fourth arguing with as many replies as you want, and closing argument.
- When we get down to quarters and semis the eliminated posters, and myself, will judge the winners.
- All votes from judges must have a brief reasoning behind them or else they are void.
- AKADS and I will discuss what we think should be the topics through PM. You won't know your topic until your 24 hour first round begins.
- Every debate will be over the course of three days. You have a day for each round. eg. Monday for opening argument, Tuesday for 24 hours of back and fourth arguing as many times as you want, and Wednesday for closing argument. If you need a day off because of vacation or something things can be changed.
- The final decision from the judges will be available that night or the next day.

so, anyone interested? it could be something that spices up the offseason every year rather than back and fourth nerd accusations.

Topics
First Round 8 Picks.
NBA new Rules (Han checking)
Which Position is the Most important in the new NBA (Post or Wing/Point)
Playoff - (2-3-2) or (2-2-1-1-1)
Age Limit
Dress Code
is Houston a contender? what's their ceiling?
KG VS Duncan
Shoul they Shorten the Season.

Second Round (4 Topics)
Players H.O.F. (Webber, Pierce, McGrady and Kidd)

Semi Finals
should there be a best player award along with the MVP award.
International Game VS NBA game.

Finals
MVP - Team VS Indivual

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 07:30 PM
KG VS Duncan

unfair to for the guy who gets KG. judge's biases will show through here imo.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 07:32 PM
oh wait we have to assign topics

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 07:36 PM
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7621/hdgfuh3sy6.png

My side is stacked.

GoBB, JtotheIzzo and myself are good at arguing.

There's nobody on the othersidethat is really good.

Bourne
08-31-2006, 07:37 PM
I happily anticipate the gobb vs ced debate. I'm going with my man Pistol Pete, he has the easiest route to the final 4 if you ask me.

Great idea you guys, although I think the topics may need a bit of tweaking.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 07:37 PM
My side is stacked.

Get Real Wear Men Green in there for that expatSunsfan that nobody has ever heard of.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 07:38 PM
My side is stacked.

the other side is deep.

GeeWiz, AKADS, Pistol, XxNesusxX, Air Seth and Kobe24.

Starbury4MVP
08-31-2006, 07:38 PM
We should try to get Knoe Itawl

AKADS
08-31-2006, 07:39 PM
I am looking forward to if I can get past Seth. Me and GeeWiz have had a good at it since Cavs/Wiz series. But unlike some rivalries we have respect for each other.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 07:39 PM
the other side is deep.

GeeWiz, AKADS, Pistol, XxNesusxX, Air Seth and Kobe24.

geeWiz is OK, but its easy to find flaws in his uneducated arguments.

The other guys are all rookies.

Get adamcz in here. We need some more "known" debaters. No offense anyone.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 07:41 PM
I am looking forward to if I can get past Seth. Me and GeeWiz have had a good at it since Cavs/Wiz series. But unlike some rivalries we have respect for each other.

I have some random unkown i nthe first round that I'l ldemolish, then I have to go against GoBB? That's like San Antonio and Miami playing each other in the 2nd round.

Skywalker
we tried to get kwajo, bourne, adamcz, orealius, none joined

Pistol Pete
My side is stacked.

It isn't a battle of wits, it's a debate, can you sway others into accepting your view?

II Peter
08-31-2006, 07:42 PM
Who's going to be the "cinderella" debater? Its bound to happen.

Starbury4MVP
08-31-2006, 07:42 PM
I have some random unkown i nthe first round that I'l ldemolish, then I have to go against GoBB? That's like San Antonio and Miami playing each other in the 2nd round.
I'm not unknown, it's everyones favorite poster...............KnicksFan4Life

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
we tried to get kwajo, bourne, adamcz, orealius, none joined

Eh, I'm sure some of these guys are keen. Let me try get E Will at least he's great at arguing. Or fatboy11.

So many guys that aren't in this, it looks more like a friends network to me.

Either GoBB, JtotheIzzo or myself take it. Book it.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm not unknown, it's everyones favorite poster...............KnicksFan4Life

You suck. It'll be a down-trou

HALLandOATES
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
I know of everyone besides Starbury and Expatsuns. Let them stay, those guys you're talking about Ced either didn't sign up( which shows they don't car or they don't have the time) Plus I want to see one these new guys make it to atleast the semis.I'm still a bit confused over how this work with the rounds and such but i'm sure I'll get the hang of it . Question when Do you plan to officially start it?

AKADS
08-31-2006, 07:45 PM
CED get off your high horse. You and GOBB argue to much with opinions and not enough with accually stats and information.

I would like for this to go well then maybe we can do one with more posters and more well known posters.

HALLandOATES
08-31-2006, 07:47 PM
That horse seems to be 186 1/2 feet high .

AKADS
08-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Who's going to be the "cinderella" debater? Its bound to happen.
Air Seth could go far. He has a tough road though.

Voratian
08-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Ill be an alternate, if someone pusses out of this...

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Ill be an alternate, if someone pusses out of this...

You're in, expatsunsfan is out.

That's my vote. You'll give geeWiz15 nightmares in the 1st round.

Bourne
08-31-2006, 07:52 PM
I want to do it, but I really just can't.

Permit me to make a suggestion tho: don't you think the workload for participants will be a bit steep because they have to judge 7 other debates? Unless each debate goes on 1 at a time (and taking 3 days each if done well that is about 90 days long!) I don't even see how one could make an argument and judge 7 others. Perhaps you could get 4 or 8 judges who are not debaters? With 8 judges, the first round debates each have 1 judge, the second round debates have 2 and so forth.

hotsizzle
08-31-2006, 07:53 PM
what if two posters have the same opinion about the topic they'e debating???

i seen hippos
i would have been the best. i'd throw a million stats in your face and the voters would have no choice but to vote for me. they'd be in awe.:rolleyes:

Skywalker
I think expat could give you nightmares Ced, so if anyone is out its knickfan4life

HALLandOATES
Having E will in a salary cap debate would be a nightmare or Get buckets/Adam about the bucks/Celts...Nothing would ever go across with get buckets anyways sense hes so thick skulled.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 07:54 PM
i would have been the best. i'd throw a million stats in your face and the voters would have no choice but to vote for me. they'd be in awe.

you want to join? if so, youre in

AKADS
08-31-2006, 07:54 PM
what if two posters have the same opinion about the topic they'e debating???
You don't pick your side. Walker will PM the Topic and tell you which side you are defening.

Its a debate not an argument,

Voratian
08-31-2006, 07:55 PM
You're in, expatsunsfan is out.

That's my vote. You'll give geeWiz15 nightmares in the 1st round.

Sweet, thanks.

No kblaze in this? He's a killa.

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 07:56 PM
you want to join? if so, youre in

if there's a spot. before you decide, i'd have to do it when i'm off work so i hope you'd give us a day or two so i can fit it in.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 07:56 PM
i would have been the best. i'd throw a million stats in your face and the voters would have no choice but to vote for me. they'd be in awe.:rolleyes:

You're in Knicksfan4lyfe is out.

and expatsunsfan is out for Voration.

Way better now.

Hey AKADS update the tournie board

AKADS
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM
No one listen to CED. CED shut up. If you want in PM SkyWalker and tell him you want in. I am sure we might be able to change some ppl if Walker feels like you are goin to help this Debate forum.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
CED ur becoming a ****ing tool shut the hell up. Its getting annoying.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 07:59 PM
I really dont wanna let expat suns go, he seems to me like he could win this thing

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
No one listen to CED. CED shut up. If you want in PM SkyWalker and tell him you want in. I am sure we might be able to change some ppl if Walker feels like you are goin to help this Debate forum.

I'm keen for this if we are going to have some good debaters in here, but we just cant have unkowns.

Silent Mav
08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
My one comment is if AKADS is still in, and he helps pick the topic, doesn't that give him a time advantage over who he would be debating. It would seem he should be shielded from the topics like the other debaters until he is eliminated.

ExpatSunsFan
08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
LMAO at Ced.

Want to switch places with GeeWiz? I'll be happy to knock some sense into you.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
I really dont wanna let expat suns go, he seems to me like he could win this thing

Eh, leave him in then. geeWiz15 will smash him.

I'll shut up now at the commish's request.

hotsizzle
08-31-2006, 08:02 PM
You don't pick your side. Walker will PM the Topic and tell you which side you are defening.

Its a debate not an argument,

aight cool

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 08:02 PM
My one comment is if AKADS is still in, and he helps pick the topic, doesn't that give him a time advantage over who he would be debating. It would seem he should be shielded from the topics like the other debaters until he is eliminated.

OK you take AKADS place. :rockon:

Silent Mav
08-31-2006, 08:03 PM
That was not meant as a slam at AKADS at all. It just stuck out as I was reading the rules. Since I'm not participating I know my opinion is null. Probably should've kept quiet.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Walker will hand out topics. Everyone knows the Topics same as me. I only will run the first 2 round of the Bracket I am not in. The Final 4 is all SkyWalker. This is his idea I am just helping him.

CED I like some of your ideas but you can't start saying who is in an out. PM Walker with your ideas.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 08:04 PM
That was not meant as a slam at AKADS at all. It just stuck out as I was reading the rules. Since I'm not participating I know my opinion is null. Probably should've kept quiet.
Wasn't taken as one.

Silent Mav
08-31-2006, 08:05 PM
There you go, nevermind.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 08:05 PM
im switching geewiz and ced, because expat just let go some fighting words

Voratian
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Why not set this up like the FIFA World Cup/FIBA World Championship, with groups? We could even have a Group of Death!

The Insidehoops Debate World Cup!

Pistol Pete
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Walker will hand out topics. Everyone knows the Topics same as me. I only will run the first 2 round of the Bracket I am not in. The Final 4 is all SkyWalker. This is his idea I am just helping him.

CED I like some of your ideas but you can't start saying who is in an out. PM Walker with your ideas.

When are topics assigned, when in this beginning?

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 08:07 PM
but then you'd need a lot of debates in the group stage....would take too long....and the quality of the debates would go down.

would be cool though cause we'd have more debaters.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
im switching geewiz and ced, because expat just let go some fighting words

Good thats what I want to see. Now we even up for an eventual

GoBB vs Ced

Super showdown

Voratian
That's what I was thinking. More people involved, it would stretch things out a bit, and it would heighten the intrigue. Not to mention adding to the accomplishment of winning it.

Skywalker
fifa shmifa we arent about to change the whole damn format

AKADS
08-31-2006, 08:09 PM
This is the first one lets make it a simple as it can be. if it goes well we can talk about other ideas for it.

XxNeXuSxX
08-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Looks good.

Skywalker
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9544/hdgfuh3az5.png

AKADS put that in the main post, new bracket

Voratian
One-and-done, or a grand spectacle mirroring the most popular sport event in the world?

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 08:11 PM
i get gobb....hahahaha.

i hope he debates like he argues...pure bullsh!t.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 08:13 PM
One-and-done, or a grand spectacle mirroring the most popular sport event in the world?

it already is mirroring the most popular sporting event in the USA, THE NCAA TOURNAMENT BAHHA

HALLandOATES
08-31-2006, 08:14 PM
If we could find 16 more willing peeps I would run the other one with Gorapz..Where the h3ll is he? hes usually around for all the mocks and shlt.

Voratian
08-31-2006, 08:14 PM
it already is mirroring the most popular sporting event in the USA, THE NCAA TOURNAMENT BAHHA

*dies*

geeWiz15
08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
are you high? that's NOTHING like what you described. Gobb eats you alive everytime.

geeWiz is OK, but its easy to find flaws in his uneducated arguments.
coming from you? granted, you're right, but this is a competition. if you think I'm going to start spouting off the mouth without research, sources and data on my side like I do 99% of the time in a competition, you're in for a surprise.

personally I think we should wait a few days for the really smart guys that don't post alot (govetd, sound and fury, adamcz, spike) to show up so we can get them involved.

AKADS
If we could find 16 more willing peeps I would run the other one with Gorapz..Where the h3ll is he? hes usually around for all the mocks and shlt.
NONONONO

Lets just do this and see if it goes well. Then we can discuss other ideas. You ppl developing an running one of these is easy. Hell when I stopped running the Mocks you guys went 1 / 3 in getting them finished.

i seen hippos
gorapz is afraid of being asked. he doesn't want to look scared by turning down and invite.

p.s. this debate is a good exercise with school starting in a week. i'll be writing 10+ essays this year so god knows i need the practice.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 08:17 PM
personally I think we should wait a few days for the really smart guys that don't post alot (govetd, sound and fury, adamcz, spike) to show up so we can get them involved.

they would stretch the length out because they arent here as much, I think we should just do this one and see how it goes and if it works good we can improve it and add those super posters

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 08:19 PM

I nthe other one I'd like to see:

-Silent Mav
-kwajo
-kblaze888555
-Wig Nosy
-Thorpe
-Real Men Wear Green
-JohnnySic (they need a retard or two)
-JohhnyBravo (here's the 2nd tard)
-adamcz
-SAKF
-E Willems (ReturnofJimi)
-GoRapz

Then scrubs for the rest

LMFAO @ Gee saying grovetd is smart.

geeWiz15
08-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Ced you realize you just said Voratian > Me > Expat? should be the other way around bro. Expat is a very smart underrated guy. He'll ruin you if you're not careful. I'm going on the assumption that you're dumbassity on this board is just an act cause I've definitely seen you show intelligence. I can't think of any poster who would considering Expat "cake." glad you talked **** so I don't have to face him first rd.

Silent Mav
08-31-2006, 08:21 PM
If it goes well and there are some good intelligent debates. It will probably entice some of the posters you are talking about to get in the next one. Plus with the long weekend coming up, some aren't going to be around until Tuesday.

Voratian
08-31-2006, 08:21 PM
I dont really dig the PM thing.

I'd prefer something like, 24 hrs before the debates begin, you get the topic. You do the research on your topic, and all that jazz.

Then the debate is real time, in a thread between the 2 posters. Limit it to a set # of replies, or put a time limit, etc

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 08:24 PM
it's hard to get your whole point across if you don't get to write up a long arguement though, voration.

is there a limit to length of each argument? as far as word count.

TheReturnofCed
are you high? that's NOTHING like what you described. Gobb eats you alive everytime.

Nice debating skills "Are you high?" I have made GoBB walk out of threads so manytimes its not even funny. The GoBB family album I posted at the old ISH was a classic, but Jeff deleted it way too quick.

coming from you? granted, you're right, but this is a competition. if you think I'm going to start spouting off the mouth without research, sources and data on my side like I do 99% of the time in a competition, you're in for a surprise.

So you admit that you know nothing. Lucky I have actual footage I've seen for debate than reading Sam Smith srticles like yourself.

OMG! grovetd! Smart? I can't believe I heard those two words together.

Why mention smart people, and not mention guys like "dejordan", "Thorpe" or "E Will"

Skywalker
I actuallyt like what voration just said

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 08:25 PM
i do too cause i work 1:30 to 10:00 tomorrow so i'd like a bit more time before the first round....but i don't like having the whole debate real time.

geeWiz15
08-31-2006, 08:26 PM
LMFAO @ Gee saying grovetd is smart.
might have mixed up his name with somebody. all those obscure guys that are good but post like twice a month I can't really keep straight.

Voratian
08-31-2006, 08:26 PM
it's hard to get your whole point across if you don't get to write up a long arguement though, voration.

That's debate! You gotta do your best to get the point across, all the while countering the opposition immediately. These long arguments posted by the tourney moderator will just slow things down. Let's see people go at it live

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 08:27 PM
the middle part we do. how about the opening statement can't be more than 300 words?

plus everyone would have to be on at the same time.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 08:28 PM
nvm wtf, voration we do that at the middle part

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 08:33 PM
might have mixed up his name with somebody. all those obscure guys that are good but post like twice a month I can't really keep straight.

Cause you don't know crap Rudy, get back on the bench.

You hear about obscure guys and you just assume they are good posters. Wha tdid someone tell you grovetd was good? So you thought you would parrot? You gonna believe me now that he's crap because I said so? Look at yourself getting owned you wee twerp. Back to Halo for you.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 08:34 PM
ced edit that before he reads it, we dont want this thread turning into a squabble

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 08:35 PM
geewiz is the really zach allen. lol

Voratian
08-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Ahh yes, the middle part. Still, the 3 round thing seems unneccessary.

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 08:37 PM
that's why said limit the opening statement to 300 words, have the middle "live" round and then have a closing arguement focusing on one point that has a 150 word limit.

you should paste this on the first page, walker and tell everyone to re-read the rules.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 08:37 PM
it may but we're goign with it, if it doesnt work out we'll get rid of it for the next one

geeWiz15
08-31-2006, 08:38 PM
on the other hand, Ced, did you just said E Will is smart?

COUGH.

So you admit that you know nothing. Lucky I have actual footage I've seen for debate than reading Sam Smith srticles like yourself.
yeah because I haven't watched every single game that's shown up on the tube in the last 5 years, every Hardwood Classic game I could get my hands on, every tribute mix or DVD or article or webpage or book or firsthand account or opinion piece I could find to expand my knowledge since the new millenium.

I've seen multiple whole games from Oscar Rob, Len Bias, Wilt, Dr. J. Have you?

I mean really what do you base your assumptions on? doing your best tmacsonegoodeye impression? Kblaze talks about guys he's never seen play live too. everyone does. we do the best we can.

we'll just see when we meet up in the Finals, ok? ... provided you make it. :confusedshrug:

TheReturnofCed
ced edit that before he reads it, we dont want this thread turning into a squabble

It's no squabble, I just want him to see the error in his ways. He's like that kid at school that thinks he can hang. I used to have a wee ******ger just like gee at school.

He'd be like:
-So Ced I see you guys lost the game, and you missed the last shot.

Ced, "So you came to watch bro?"

Him, "Nah, but I heard you played crap. I could beat you one on one."

Ced, "I am the top player at the school, who the hell are you, you little Halo geek. Get back to chess club before I make you wet your pants by giving you a chest pass to the stomach."

Him, "Yes sir!"

Skywalker
you should paste this on the first page, walker and tell everyone to re-read the rules.

EVERYONE RE READ THE RULES

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 08:41 PM
I will now PM the topics to the participants

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 08:41 PM
lol.

anyways, so is there a limit or not. my arguement will look differently depending on your all important answer.

HALLandOATES
08-31-2006, 08:49 PM
yea AKADS I will leave it alone and just you guys work this one. It must be majorly confusing write now with every spitting there own shlt out when you and Skywalker are running it.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Silent Mav is now the new judge I am no longer apart of the judging and running this.
SkyWalker has put a lot of time and energy into getting this started and alot of you have all but ruined it. I know there are alot of ppl who could help to make this a better tournie, but they didn't want in or aren't around enough to do this. Maybe if everyone just shut up and try this idea or don't sign up. The imaturity of ths board has never seized to amaze me. Screw everyone who has made this even harder then it was to start with.

Voratian
08-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Dont tread on AKADS. :(

HALLandOATES
08-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Dude AKADS just ignore all the comments and do you're thing man. Seriously if you leave this whole thing will fall apart. Ced dude come the fauk down right now.

XxNeXuSxX
08-31-2006, 08:56 PM
Silent Mav is now the new judge I am no longer apart of the judging and running this.
SkyWalker has put a lot of time and energy into getting this started and alot of you have all but ruined it. I know there are alot of ppl who could help to make this a better tournie, but they didn't want in or aren't around enough to do this. Maybe if everyone just shut up and try this idea or don't sign up. The imaturity of ths board has never seized to amaze me. Screw everyone who has made this even harder then it was to start with.

No, ignore the morons, stay a judge and do your thing. In fact ignore every BS comment in this thread.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 08:56 PM
This is Walker not me. I am not leaving but I am just venting on what happened to make me stop doin Mocks and what it like with one of these things.

I never thought I would say this but you could all learn from GOBB he signed up and let us deal with it. We need some help but sometimes its to much.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 08:58 PM
No, ignore the morons, stay a judge and do your thing. In fact ignore every BS comment in this thread.

I would perfer not to judge since I am in the competition. Me and Walker have discussed just getting a panel of 3 judges,

Walker
Silent Mav
and I Hope Kwajo.

All are respect and as unbias as we could find. as well a educated poster.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 08:58 PM
This is Walker not me. I am not leaving but I am just venting on what happened to make me stop doin Mocks and what it like with one of these things.

I never thought I would say this but you could all learn from GOBB he signed up and let us deal with it. We need some help but sometimes its to much.

Hey I didn't start anything, it's dam negomaniac geeWiz.

I'll leave this thread alone now until I have my argument to post.

Voratian
08-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Why not have a little exhibition debate here tonight, Ced vs. GeeWiz?

Topic: Best sexual position.

Wait, Wiz is a virgin. :(

AKADS
08-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Walker is PM'ing everyone there Debate issue and what side they are deabting. when you are done your opening statement PM then to Walker he will start a new thread for each Debate in that thread we will be given 24 hours to go backand forth. After that time is up we will write a closing argument and then the Judges will pick the winner and then send you a new topic.

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 09:13 PM
so at what time tomorrow does the first round end?

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 09:14 PM
ok, this is the latest.

ive sent everyone PMs with their topics, some of the lame ones I got rid of because I thought people would quit if i actually sent them that stuff, but dont be discouraged if you have a lame topic, just win it and go to the second roudn which will be sure to be full of lots of great discussion.

i have to go now, i will be on again later likey though, i would liek to get all of the opening arguments in the next 36 hours at the latest.

i will post them in threas I will make in the streetball forum since there is less traffic. I will PM you when your thread is up so you can start the live debating, so you dont have to keep checking the streetball forum.

any other questions before i go?

AKADS
08-31-2006, 09:15 PM
That's for you AKADS.

I've known you since you were: AKATADPOLE

I know your name, I know what type of dude you are. Sorry for being a tool in your thread.

You rock, and I'll pick up the act. :cheers:
Thanks CED. I love u to (very Homo)

When we post the Debates in might be in another Forum with less trafiic so we don't get as much spam. I would appreciate if ISH member respected this and didn't post in a debate at all. Rather create a seperate thread where you can discuss and analyze the opinions rather then ruin our debates with your opinions and garbage

PPL make sure u rep SkyWalker for putting this thing together,

AKADS
08-31-2006, 09:21 PM
You have till Midnight EST Tommorrow. which is 26.5 hours.

Skywalker
08-31-2006, 09:22 PM
k ill be back later on tonight, rep AKADS too he was a big help

HALLandOATES
08-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry to bother but have the judges changed to just 3 peeps now or is it still the original format?

AKADS
08-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Ask Walker he is gone right now I think it will be 3 judges.

Walker and Silent Mav are in hopefully Kwajo will judge as well.

RidonKs
08-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Just to clarify, because I wasn't sure if the first page was updated, how long do we have to post are first arguments? Is it till tomorrow night at midnight?

hotsizzle
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
Just to clarify, because I wasn't sure if the first page was updated, how long do we have to post are first arguments? Is it till tomorrow night at midnight?

9pm pacific september 1st

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
according to AKADS it is.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 09:45 PM
First post is updated

HALLandOATES
08-31-2006, 10:03 PM
No offense not to be bltch and moan but when it comes to me and Ced and Kwajo is judging ....Kwajo will pick Ced no matter what. I don't give 2 shlts if someone said he is unbias because him and Ced basically have a love child and share a brain and you know that AKADS as much as anyone else But I will go with it because I'm not going to be a little punk about it ..just saying

AKADS
08-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Well Walker and Silent have the majority.

Kwajo will be fair or they will be gone.

Lets try this they are the 3 poster who volunteered who have knowledge and post enough to be around here to do this.

AKADS
08-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Not to mention I would get CED in the secound round u think I would handicap myself like that. (no offence air Seth)

kwajo
08-31-2006, 10:14 PM
No offense not to be bltch and moan but when it comes to me and Ced and Kwajo is judging ....Kwajo will pick Ced no matter what. I don't give 2 shlts if someone said he is unbias because him and Ced basically have a love child and share a brain and you know that AKADS as much as anyone else But I will go with it because I'm not going to be a little punk about it ..just saying

I'm not sure you have a clear idea of who I am as a person, I would never pick someone in a legitimate competition just because of who they were, not what they said or did in the throws of competition. Not to mention I have no favouritism toward Ced at all, so you have nothing to worry about my friend, I'm as level-headed as they come.

ZHAKIDD532
08-31-2006, 10:15 PM
so are we supposed to start now

i seen hippos
08-31-2006, 10:16 PM
you once called me your child kwajo...so i can assume i have your vote in my pocket, right?:D

plus you're a closet gobb hater.:ohwell:

this is bad form by me:hammerhead:

ok, i just feel like using emoticons.:rockon:

AKADS
08-31-2006, 10:18 PM
so are we supposed to start now
Read Post One.

Starbury4MVP
08-31-2006, 10:21 PM
You're in Knicksfan4lyfe is out.

and expatsunsfan is out for Voration.

Way better now.

Hey AKADS update the tournie board
Who said you were calling the shots *******?

RidonKs
08-31-2006, 10:23 PM
I didn't see this in the first post, or the rest of the thread (sorry if I missed it), but here goes. Are the judges going to be voting on what they agree on, or which poster made the better argument. I mean, take TD and KG. Almost everyone will say that TD is better. But if a guy comes in and makes a really good case for KG, but you guys still know that TD is better, who will you vote for. I'm curious because people are obviously going to get topics to argue for that they don't agree with. It just makes it hard to argue something you don't agree with if you are going to be judged not on your arguing skills, but on the topic you were given.

Anyone get what I'm saying?

kwajo
08-31-2006, 10:26 PM
as in all debates, it'll be who debated better, not whether the judge believes one answer is right or wrong

AKADS
08-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Who said you were calling the shots *******?

CEDs comment are not why u are no longer in this tournie. U were borderline from the start. Hell how many times have u been banned. This tournie was developed by Walker and me and him felt like Hippos had more to offer. Maybe if u contribute more intellegent post and thoughts you will be considered for a future tournie.

junkifunki
08-31-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm not in this shyt or anything, but am interested in reading some of these debates....

Question though: why give the topics out so early?

That's just gonna be about who does the most research/digs up the most stats. Is that a real debate? Posters should have to improvise. They shouldnt know the topic until they debate. If they are truly knowledgeable, that shouldn't be a problem. Are you guys just gonna throw stats at each other back and forth?

AKADS
08-31-2006, 11:02 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/guyver_gigantic/pwn3d.jpg

That is the greatest picture ever. I use to have a Pit Bull and i havea black and white Cat. They use to fight all the time Scrubs (the at) alway beat on Vitto (R.I.P.) So thank u for the bitter sweet memory

Glove_20
08-31-2006, 11:04 PM
It will be interesting to see who wins...

They can officially be called the "2nd" Best Debator next to me...

AKADS
08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Why did i seed myself VS someone good. now i need to accually think. Oh well i will write it tonight before the USA game.

geeWiz15
08-31-2006, 11:18 PM
I like how Ced gets all self righteous about staying on topic but then he gets his feelings hurt and lashes out at least once per day.

christ almighty dude you were riding my nuts not 2 weeks ago. saying I was a top poster and all that. and now I'm a pokemon nerd who gets all his opinions from Pete Vescey? get real. anybody with a brain reads your lame points and immediately dismisses them. cause you're making **** up. I, however, lay down the truth, anyone been here for more than a year, let me take you down memory lane:

-you've been ISH's dork since day one.
-passive-aggressivbe behavior
-some of the most retarded trade ideas in ISH history
-some of the dumbest points made in ISH history
-pretended to be a blond girl to get guys to hit on him
-pretended to know about vintage NBA despite living in New Zealand and basically watching zero games ever.
-acts like dork hall monitor threatening to "tell" on posters by reporting their posts even if they don't do anything bad
-rides posters balls after spending 2 weeks flaming them nonstop
-consistely outcast by other fans of his favorite team (Celtics)
-creates an online "club" which wasn't even cool back when I was a 5th grader on Pokemon message boards and then proceeds to talk about how mature he is
-thinks E Willems is a good poster.

do I really need to go on?

but oh my god I mixed up a screename and you combine that with a couple fantasies about my life away from ISH and make that the basis of your "exposure" of geeWiz. lame. and the rest of your points are awful. honestly, you're going to get wrecked here. you're not a debater at all.

I await your desperate PM of apology. :rollingeyes:

too bad Ced's going up against a superior poster first round cause he talked too much. WHOOPS. only chance you have is if the topic is who can come up with the most nonsensical trade involving at least 5 teams and 32 players.

I am seriously seeing your reply in my head right now because you're that predictable. its either going to be a pretentious "I'm more mature than you" rag or it's going to be another copy of Gobb or Tmacs lame gossip column disses verbatim. possibly both in one.

oh, here's one you can do: "jeez how long did that take you to type? you must really have no life." that's a really popular one. and it would be pretty good if: 1. that were relevant and 2. I had started this in the first place.

TheReturnofCed
08-31-2006, 11:27 PM
oh, here's one you can do: "jeez how long did that take you to type? you must really have no life." that's a really popular one. and it would be pretty good if: 1. that were relevant and 2. I had started this in the first place.

At least you know how people talk to you, you know your place in not just ISH society but real society.

I can say you're one of the top posters here, because you are. In terms of "ISH celebrity". But truth is you are still that young poster who cries himself to sleep at night after being served your virgin-esque tongue on a nightly basis from the stars of ISH.

Now I said I was done, and you reply. I'm done. I'm done. I'm done.

There finished, grow up twerp.

H20
08-31-2006, 11:57 PM
finish reading that novel yet bookworm?

Twiens
09-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Limit is 300 words right?

AIR SETH
09-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Why did i seed myself VS someone good. now i need to accually think. Oh well i will write it tonight before the USA game.

Don't hype me up too much AKADS. Thanks for all the love though and by the way, our side of the bracket is like the Western Conference.

Man I got writers block right now. This is pissing me off.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 01:23 AM
Opening is easy. I hyoe u so if/when I loose I can feel better about myself. The close it what will decide a agrument. trust me u just have to not loose with our topic.

SmokyMcNasty
09-01-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm not in this shyt or anything, but am interested in reading some of these debates....

Question though: why give the topics out so early?

That's just gonna be about who does the most research/digs up the most stats. Is that a real debate? Posters should have to improvise. They shouldnt know the topic until they debate. If they are truly knowledgeable, that shouldn't be a problem. Are you guys just gonna throw stats at each other back and forth?

True. Is it a live debate or a battle of who can come up with the better research paper?

I don't think it's totally fair, because the posters here at ISH range from 12 year olds who can't write for jack to college students who may be journalism majors. It's not a fair battle. I like the idea of a live, off the dome debate better. If anyone wants to hold a similar debate tourney, but with stuff off the dome instead of written, hit me up.. I'm down!

AIR SETH
09-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Bump.

Is this still on or what?

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 03:07 PM
are we still doin this????

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 05:00 PM
yep

RidonKs
09-01-2006, 05:47 PM
For those of you who have your opening arguments finished, how long are they? I don't want to overwrite or anything, so I'm just a little curious.

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 05:50 PM
I have all the points I will be making but Im curious too. what should the opening arguement be about anyways..like an outline of what you're gonna discuss or what??? and how long?

AKADS
09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I haven't even started mine. Its the opening statement. It just has to stat what you are standing for and some reasons why.

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I haven't even started mine. Its the opening statement. It just has to stat what you are standing for and some reasons why.

ok cool. thanks

Bourne
09-01-2006, 06:39 PM
What is the maximum length? Pictures allowed? Formal essay format?

I'm just curious as to the specs.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Whatever you think will win this for you. Remember that this is for ISH not Unverstiy.

ReturnofKobe24
09-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I still don't have my topic.

Edit: NVM,just got it.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 06:46 PM
How did I not get banned last night. Anyone know.

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 06:47 PM
what did the banned people do?

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 06:48 PM
How did I not get banned last night. Anyone know.

jeff figured you were drunk lol. which i bet u were...

but were u drunk when you started the revolt or were u sober then? cuz I think you might have fixed what was wrong with ish haha

RidonKs
09-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Oh okay, so this is going to be quite short then. Heh, I already did a little introduction and stuff. Thought it was supposed to be like an essay. :banghead:

AKADS
09-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Iwasn't sober but wasn't drunk either'

I was just pissed off.

I also wanted to show how stupid the bans are. I didn't get banned for openly goin after ISH and Jeff and did so for an hour with out being banned.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 06:55 PM
i got like 15 PMs from 'insidehoops'

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 06:57 PM
what the hell happened? GOBB and Kobe24 got banned how?

ReturnofKobe24
09-01-2006, 07:03 PM
I got banned for arguing with JSUB.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 07:03 PM
GOBB is stil VOice of Reason

ReturnofKobe24
09-01-2006, 07:12 PM
I hope my debate isn't too long.

When is it due?

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 07:24 PM
since I only have like 6 out of 16 ill say tomoro at 12 noon.

if not in by then, your competitor gets a bye

AIR SETH
09-01-2006, 07:51 PM
since I only have like 6 out of 16 ill say tomoro at 12 noon.
if not in by then, your competitor gets a bye

People should have to meet the deadlines when they are placed. It should not take too long to write your opening argument.

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 07:55 PM
i think depending on how many i get by 12 midnight tonight i will adjust, because if it remians around only half by 12 tonight, than it will ruin the tourney

AKADS
09-01-2006, 08:27 PM
i will have mine it right at midnight. I am baby sitting so I can't sit and write a decent opening right now

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I know exactly what im gonna say, just need to type it.

geeWiz15
09-01-2006, 10:04 PM
where/when are the debates going to take place? all in this post? that'll get kinda cluttered right?

I think we should get Jeff to make us a seperate forum.

I've already written my opening and closing. this should be cake. I don't know much about my opponent though, we'll see.

ZHAKIDD532
09-01-2006, 10:08 PM
geewiz, I think you might have me on this one, just because I'd rather be on the other side, the side I've always defended...

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 10:08 PM
we were gonna do it in the streetball forum. each debate will have its own thread named eg. geeWiz15 vs ZHAKIDD

I will post the openings, than tomoro, or the next day, whenever we decide, you will live debate, and than after youre done live debating, i will post the closings and then me, kwajo, and silent mav will judge.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 10:09 PM
where/when are the debates going to take place? all in this post? that'll get kinda cluttered right?

I think we should get Jeff to make us a seperate forum.

I've already written my opening and closing. this should be cake. I don't know much about my opponent though, we'll see.
I asked Jeff for a forum but we all now he is to lazy to accually do anything. But we are goin to hijack the Streetball forum. Each Debate will have a thread.

Pistol Pete
09-01-2006, 10:18 PM
When are we starting the debate?

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 10:18 PM
you pm the opening argument to me

ReturnofKobe24
09-01-2006, 10:21 PM
I PMed you my opening statement. I'm not sure if it's too short.

Pistol Pete
09-01-2006, 10:22 PM
you pm the opening argument to me

Whens it due? Any limit of word length?

RidonKs
09-01-2006, 10:27 PM
I think this will just be fun to hear some good debates without any childish **** like name calling and such...

I don't really have high hopes. I don't like which side I'm debating, so I don't really like my opening argument.

Skywalker
Theres no required length, and itd be nice if I got it by 12 tonight. But I only have 8 right now so its looking like the deadline will be extended to tomoro at noon.

RidonKs
Heh, I didn't know about the 300 word thing. Mine might be too long.

Pistol Pete
09-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Theres no required length, and itd be nice if I got it by 12 tonight. But I only have 8 right now so its looking like the deadline will be extended to tomoro at noon.

Didn't realize it was so soon, I will have to re-check my message for the topic and my stance, and I'll write it up quickly. I'll be sure to get it to you by midnight, 300 words is basically nothing.

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 10:29 PM
yeah nvm I edited that out, theres no required length

RidonKs
09-01-2006, 10:31 PM
nm

AKADS
09-01-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't get why ppl are so worried about opening. Its all about the Closing.

You can loose a debate in the opening but you can't win one.

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 10:42 PM
mine is only 200 words...:ohwell:

its only an opening argument..

Pistol Pete
09-01-2006, 10:45 PM
I have sent my opening statement in, didn't really realize it was due so soon, but atleast it's in. Hopefully my opponent has sent one in, as I hope I didn't write that to win by default.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Im about to write mine u will have within the hour Walker

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 10:48 PM
PMed mine just right now.

ExpatSunsFan
09-01-2006, 10:59 PM
If you have any debates where both sides turned in their statements, please put up those threads tonight.

Pistol Pete
09-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Will completed opening statements of an argument be posted at midnight if both sides have sent them in. I am curious to see what is happening with my opposition, and was wondering if it could be posted assuming that it's been sent in. If not, I am assuming that they will all be posted at once.

ReturnofKobe24
09-01-2006, 11:02 PM
wut is debate? masdebate in ur pantz?

Knicks fans are getting dumber and dumber.

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 11:02 PM
wut is debate? masdebate in ur pantz?

would you shut up you useless trash?

pistol, if you want me to I will post the oens already with two sides at midnight. they will be in the streetball forum.

ReturnofKobe24
09-01-2006, 11:04 PM
That would be cool Sky. Has Nexus pmed you his opening statement? Just wondering.

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 11:07 PM
would you shut up you useless trash?

pistol, if you want me to I will post the oens already with two sides at midnight. they will be in the streetball forum.

that would be great sky.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 11:15 PM
SKyWalker you are my Hero. I love you and want to make sweet sweet love to you.

I PM'd u mine

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 11:16 PM
*gets up and runs away from computer*

Pistol Pete
09-01-2006, 11:20 PM

You might as well post them now, if you have both sides of the debate, will save yourself some effort later on, especially when it has no bearing on any other part of the tournament.

AKADS
09-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Running to the Bedroom. WOW,:roll: :roll:

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 11:28 PM
k im gonna go post the oens I have two sides of

Pistol Pete
09-01-2006, 11:48 PM

I have left you a message in my debate thread, I have edited my portion of the debate so that it's easier to read. If you can edit the first post with the updated version I immediately replied with, that would be great.

Thanks

i seen hippos
09-01-2006, 11:54 PM
i PM'd you mine skywalker. worked till 10 so i'm sorry for giving you it so late.

hotsizzle
09-01-2006, 11:55 PM

sweet thanks again

Skywalker
09-01-2006, 11:56 PM
its alright man, i was goign to extend it to tomoro at noon at the latest, if people like ced dont have them in by then, then they OUT

i seen hippos
09-01-2006, 11:57 PM
i'd laugh if ced didn't give you one after the stink he made yesterday.

Skywalker
09-02-2006, 12:01 AM
yeah, hes on different time in NZ so he should have one doen by noon tomoro

im gettin off now though

people who have sent me debate pieces and dont see their topic, it just means your opponent hasnt given me one yet, and if they dont by noon tomoro you will advance by default.

people with topics already up can start live debate whenever they want, i will be back tomoro morning probly around 1130 or noon to see if ive received anymore pieces.

after live debating tomoro you will be given 24 or 36 hours to write a closing statement which will then be combined with the live debating and opening statement and judged by the three judges. I hope kwajo and silent mav will be present when we reach that stage.

good luck everyone, im out

AKADS
09-02-2006, 04:39 AM
I hope everyone else shows up. Judges are goin to have a lot of reading to do. A lot.

ReturnofKobe24
09-02-2006, 04:41 AM
I hope Nexus shows up. I actually want to debate.

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 04:54 AM
this is one of the best ideas to EVER come across ish. seriosuly im havin alot of fun doing this and it really got me thinking. thanks sky/akads.

AKADS
09-02-2006, 04:58 AM
I am enjoying this. I am also looking foward to writing my closing argument. After they judge I am goin to write my real feeling on this subject.

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 05:00 AM
Im stayin up till the game so Im comin up with a monster response right now...

AKADS
09-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Have u seen me and Air Seths thread yet.

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 05:03 AM
ill go check it out right now.

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 05:11 AM
you guys got a nice debate going. read the whole thing, great points from both of ya. props.

AKADS
09-02-2006, 05:50 AM
Its getting fun. Tommorrow will be intresting I need to start researching my closing argument

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 05:53 AM
i think im gonna have trouble with the closing arguement. i mean, i dont wanna sound redundant because im givin all i got for the rebutal

AKADS
09-02-2006, 05:54 AM
I am holding an Ace and as long as he doesn't figure it out I love the card i hold.

AKADS
09-02-2006, 05:59 AM
my favourite quotes so far

Ridonks
Okay, so I'm supposed to argue that the new Age Limit that's been proposed by Stern will not improve the skill level of the current NBA player.

Pistol Pete
Yes, good introduction, nothing to debate here, you have written fact, something that cannot be disproven nor swayed. You are off to a terrific start, however, I will still defeat you in this debate.

and

Hotsizzle
That is one situation. I have a counter example. Back in 2002, Kobe Bryant had an amazing streak of 40 point games (9 in a row)..then came some called Ron Artest who held Kobe to 17 or 19 points something like that and pacers won the game. Artest’s determination along with his tenacious perimeter defense was able to bug Kobe in every way.

^^^
H&O
True . We could use examples all night long until Shogun looses his virginity.Point proven there but there are justas many if not more examples of Offensive machines lighting up a game rather defensive players stopping a game.

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 06:04 AM
:roll:

AKADS
09-02-2006, 06:05 AM
I love Pistol Petes responce. I pissed myself at that one.

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 06:12 AM
man, i think its gonna take a long time till we done with round one. some posters havent even put their opening statment yet...

AKADS
09-02-2006, 06:15 AM
noon today. then it will go 24 hours. then 24 hour for closing then they jusge

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 06:23 AM
so we gonna have all day tomorrow to argue too...sweet. this is gonna be fun.

AKADS
09-02-2006, 06:30 AM
I am goin to PM Waler about him just stepping into a thread when he feels like it is getting repative or personal. That way he deceides when there has been enough. So there aren't some that go on to long and repeat itself 3 times over. There are Judges who have to read these and pick a winner.

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 06:32 AM
I am goin to PM Waler about him just stepping into a thread when he feels like it is getting repative or personal. That way he deceides when there has been enough. So there aren't some that go on to long and repeat itself 3 times over. There are Judges who have to read these and pick a winner.

good idea.

hotsizzle
09-02-2006, 06:34 AM
well im gonna go watch the game then go to sleep. i'll talk to you tomorrow or that would be later on today. peace bro

AKADS
09-02-2006, 06:34 AM
im watching to but Im Canadian so I have to watch online.

ReturnofKobe24
09-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Man,I want to debate sooo bad.

XxNeXuSxX
09-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Are the topics going in the NBA forum? I sent mine in, don't see it but it's past 12.

XxNeXuSxX
09-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Why the hell did I just lose 200 posts

ReturnofKobe24
09-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Streetball forum

AKADS
09-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Walker who didn't send you there opening.

Anyone seen CED lately

TheReturnofCed
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
What happened to this? LOL

AKADS
09-08-2008, 03:09 PM
**** that was fun. **** Ced why u digging up old ****