PDA

View Full Version : Sir Charles or Kobe who is greater?

Piercethetruth
08-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Sir Charles or Kobe who is greater?

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 03:23 PM
[B]Obviously Sir Charles :rolleyes:

By the way

baseketball4life
08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
hard to compare but Kobe

VCMVP1551
08-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Kobe. Better individual player and more team success.

NY Comeback
08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Barkley never had Shaq.

Sir Charles.

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Bryant at 6`6 ft playing SG against usually guys whom are his height or shorter, usually less athletic and not as strong is something that doest not impersses me at all:no: :confusedshrug:. Only thing he has over Jordan his nice 3-Point and Outside Shot and Yes, IF THAT!

Charles at 6`4 3/4 ft played against 6`9, 6`10, 6`11 and 7`0 footers and dominated them :confusedshrug: like crazy. Very few players had the balls to even speak or confront Charles in his Prime. Not to mention those where the guys Charles had to Guard most of his career from his Spot in the Paint which is much harder to what Bryant has ever faced or will ever face.:confusedshrug:

Charles Barkley by the way Schooled the Olympics in every possible way.

There will be many Jordan, Bryant types there will never be any SIR CHARLES type again :bowdown:

ruslan
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
charles the dude was a ****ing monster at his size. u dont see to many players like that with his heart. i would have loved to see him and AI play on same team for couple years, **** woulda been fun

juju151111
08-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Bryant at 6`6 ft playing SG against usually guys whom are his height or shorter, usually less athletic and not as strong is something that doest not impersses me at all:no: :confusedshrug:. Only thing he has over Jordan his nice 3-Point and Outside Shot and Yes, IF THAT!

Charles at 6`4 3/4 ft played against 6`9, 6`10, 6`11 and 7`0 footers and dominated them :confusedshrug: like crazy. Very few players had the balls to even speak or confront Charles in his Prime. Not to mention those where the guys Charles had to Guard most of his career from his Spot in the Paint which is much harder to what Bryant has ever faced or will ever face.:confusedshrug:

There will be many Jordan, Bryant types there will never be any SIR CHARLES type again :bowdown:
They will be many MJ.wat the hell are u talking about.MJ>>CB

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 03:38 PM
They will be many MJ.wat the hell are u talking about.MJ>>CB

I said many Bryant, Jordan-types not precisely JORDAN himself....:hammerhead:

Barkley is the Greatest Most Underrated Player Ever. Period:)

2LeTTeRS
08-01-2008, 03:38 PM

What the hell are you talking about? Ban this guy please.

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 03:39 PM
charles the dude was a ****ing monster at his size. u dont see to many players like that with his heart. i would have loved to see him and AI play on same team for couple years, **** woulda been fun

You will never see any player play as hard and passionet as Charles in the paint. I can guarantee you that :) :applause:

DKLaker
08-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm a HUGE Barkley fan, he's my all time favorite non-Laker....not Jordan.
Barkley never won a ring, even when he played with Hakeem and Clyde 2 HOF greats. He also played on some great Suns teams.

My vote is for KOBE!!!!!!!!!

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm a HUGE Barkley fan, he's my all time favorite non-Laker....not Jordan.
Barkley never won a ring, even when he played with Hakeem and Clyde 2 HOF greats. He also played on some great Suns teams.

My vote is for KOBE!!!!!!!!!

Barkley was 33 past his physical prime and dying with back and knee injuries (after 1994 he was to retire) in Houston. Drexler was 34 and Hakeem was 33 they where also passed their primes and had already won a championship so they`re motivation went for ****.

Kobe is not even close to Sir Charles when this man was in his Prime :banghead: . Especially in the Clutch with BIG Games, High FG%, Rebounds, Steals and Guarding guys from 6`6 to 7`0 ft plus. Not to mention intimidation!:bowdown:

Put an agngry Prime Barkley in this 2008 Lakers and the Lakers would have won the 2008 Championship with him as the MVP of the Whole League :confusedshrug:

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Barkley never had Shaq.

Sir Charles.

:roll: :applause:

ManlyStanley69
08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Chuck was way more manly than Kobe. Kobe may end up having a better overall career though

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Chuck was way more manly than Kobe. Kobe may end up having a better overall career though

Kobe is Great but not even close to the TOP NBA GREATS..

highwhey
[QUOTE=Sir Charles][B]Obviously Sir Charles :rolleyes:

By the way

darabzarrabi
Kobe is greater...just because Charles was a bigger beast doesn't make him a more accomplished player...it has to be Kobe and this is coming from someone that cant stand him

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Put an agngry Prime Barkley in this 2008 Lakers and the Lakers would have won the 2008 Championship with him as the MVP of the Whole League :confusedshrug: [/B]
I beg to differ, Sir. Subtract Kobe and add Barkley and they still wouldn't have been the better team.

C- Pau Gasol
PF- Charles Barkley
SF - Lamar Odom
SG - ?? Vujacic?
PG - Fisher

While it's true that a prime Barkley may have an advantage over KG or Perkins/Powe/whoever they put on him, what would stop them from using the same strategy which was doubling and trapping him.. I mean the way the Celtics D was configured, it was so that the best player (no matter who that player is) would be taken out of the game, and it worked to perfection. Barkley wouldn't have made them the 2008 NBA champions.

Kobe4life
08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
hmmm kobe

Killer_Instinct
08-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Well this was easy. Kobe.

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 04:16 PM
I beg to differ, Sir. Subtract Kobe and add Barkley and they still wouldn't have been the better team.

C- Pau Gasol
PF- Charles Barkley
SF - Lamar Odom
SG - ?? Vujacic?
PG - Fisher

While it's true that a prime Barkley may have an advantage over KG or Perkins/Powe/whoever they put on him, what would stop them from using the same strategy which was doubling and trapping him.. I mean the way the Celtics D was configured, it was so that the best player (no matter who that player is) would be taken out of the game, and it worked to perfection. Barkley wouldn't have made them the 2008 NBA champions.

Listen dude. Charles Barkley in his 20s and till around 33 was Unguardable and doubled teamed constantly (Garnett has never been doubled). Garnett would have no Chance to Stop Barkley nor any other dude in the frontline especially with the actual handchecking rules and even more if this man was pissed off:) . You should go watch when Charles was pissed in the 1993 play-offs and see for yourself. :confusedshrug:

With Charles you would not have only had an unstoppable scoring presence in the Paint and Off the Paint (because Charles could score from anywhere and in any way) but a rebounding manic and on both sides of the court, a PF that could handle the ball throw in assits and lead breaks like none in the NBA today which would favor the Lakers classical style

Finally with Charles leadhership and his agressive and competitive attitude you would have had the Celtics look like ***** cats and Charles would have lifted his other teamates games and confidence something Bryant can`t do because he is no Leader.

Gasol and Lamar would have easier shots in the paint do to double teaming on Charles plus be less tired to go for rebounds and defend themselves because Charles would take the scoring and rebounding load. Fisher and Vujacic would have even more chances to penetrate because Charles would be doubled teamed and they would also recieve better passes for easy jump shots not to mention escape for passes in the fast break do to Charles superior ball handling, speed with the ball and court Vistion unmatched by todays PFs.

:hammerhead:

boozehound
08-01-2008, 04:18 PM
clearly charles. who are we gonna compare kb to next? whos better, stalin or kb?

C-Webb4
Simple response, if Prime Barkley was unguardable, and the best player in the league, then why doesn't he have any rings?

Killer_Instinct
Simple response, if Prime Barkley was unguardable, and the best player in the league, then why doesn't he have any rings?

:oldlol:

NY Comeback
08-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Cuz he never had Shaq.

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Cuz he never had Shaq.
Neither did MJ.

Killer_Instinct
08-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Cuz he never had Shaq.

Everyone got to play with Shaq but Charles. That's pretty ****ed up.

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 04:25 PM
I really don't understand the people who say that prime Barkley was the best player in the league and "unguardable" but also say that he would've needed a player like prime Shaq (who was one of the most unstoppable forces this league has ever seen). Do you realize that it's in a way disproving your own point?

NY Comeback
08-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Neither did MJ.
And? :oldlol:

This thread is about Kobe, and Charles. If you wanna compare them about Rings and accomplishments or whatever, have your facts straight. Kobe got all three of his Rings as a second option behind Shaq. Minus Shaq, who knows how many Rings Kobe would have, if any at all. That being said, what specifically makes Kobe that much better than Barkley?

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 04:27 PM

What a stupid statemant...:banghead:

If Jordan was unguardable and the best player in the SG spot then why did he not win championships in the 80s?

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Neither did MJ.

MJ had PRIME PIPPEN = The Best Most Complete SF/PG/Point Forward in the League not to mention a Top 3 Defensive PF in the 90s in Prime Grant. Plus Prime Paxon, Prime Kerr and then even Prime Rodman and Prime Kukoc :sleeping

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 04:36 PM
MJ had PRIME PIPPEN = The Best Most Complete SF/PG/Point Forward in the League not to mention a Top 3 Defensive PF in the 90s in Grant. Plus Paxon, Kerr and then even Rodman and Kukoc:sleeping
Why do people always feel the need to make the "Jordan needed Pippen" argument. Jordan was inarguably as good or better in every aspect of the game, scoring, defense, rebounding, shot blocking, steals, everything. Was Pippen one of the all-time greats? Yeah definitely, but he couldn't do it without Jordan either, and we saw that. Basketball is a team sport and it's ridiculous to detract from someone's tremendous accomplishments by saying that it's "because" of his teammates that he won, and that it had nothing to do with his tremendous skill level.

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 04:38 PM
MJ had PRIME PIPPEN = The Best Most Complete SF/PG/Point Forward in the League not to mention a Top 3 Defensive PF in the 90s in Prime Grant. Plus Prime Paxon, Prime Kerr and then even Prime Rodman and Prime Kukoc :sleeping
Prime Kerr? oh please, prime kerr, and prime paxon are replacable, and prime horace Grant at best was putting up 15/11/1, so you are vastly overrating his teammates.

Allstar24
08-01-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't like losers so my vote goes to the guy with 3 championships. I don't see what major accomplishments Barkley had as a basketball player other than to be a guy who's never won a ring and a guy who's never been called the best player in the league, even in his prime. Kobe's been there, done that.
I guess the people who are picking Barkley can empathize with him because they see a part of themselves in losers like Barkley. I understand their reasons...but I like winners so I'm going with Kobe :)

TheProphet
08-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Kobe is Great but not even close to the TOP NBA GREATS..

Agreed with this statement. Replace Kobe with T-Mac during prime Shaq, same results=three championship rings.

WillyJakk
08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Sir Charles Barkley's sphincter never shrunk during a big game, i.e. Kobe Bryant 2008 NBA Finals, 2005 NBA Playoffs (the I'm not gonna shoot game), the 2004 NBA Finals (the I'm not gonna shoot game), the 2004 NBA Playoffs (the Doug Christie played great D I'm not gonna shoot game)...that's why:

Prime Charles Barkley > Prime Kobe Bryant

P.S. I like Kobe Bryant, too. I think he's a helluva player.

TheProphet
08-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't like losers so my vote goes to the guy with 3 championships. I don't see what major accomplishments Barkley had as a basketball player other than to be a guy who's never won a ring and a guy who's never been called the best player in the league, even in his prime. Kobe's been there, done that.
I guess the people who are picking Barkley can empathize with him because they see a part of themselves in losers like Barkley. I understand their reasons...but I like winners so I'm going with Kobe :)

He's such a winner in the Lakers last game in the post season. Remember the blowouts against the Suns and Celtics. Kobe told the Celts fans "It's not over" in game six only to eat his words with a 39 point defeat. You take winners. How about telling the fans "It's not over" and losing by 30+ points.

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Prime Kerr? oh please, prime kerr, and prime paxon are replacable, and prime horace Grant at best was putting up 15/11/1, so you are vastly overrating his teammates.

Kerr and Paxon happened to the both Top Spot Shooters in the 90s and Grant`s stats don`t say **** because he was on of the Best or the Best Defending Powerforward in the 90s (something stats can`t even show for :hammerhead: ) not to mention Mr Grant after getting traded (total disrespect by the Bulls) just the year after was battling for a championship with a young Magic Team, and that team defeated Jordan-Pippens Bulls :hammerhead: . Later on with the Lakers:confusedshrug: . Wherever this Grant went contending championships appeared. Ohhh and Lets not forget Mr Rodman another Another Top Defending Powerforward, capable of shutting down faster SFs too and even Centers and ofcourse the leaguest Best Rebounder as himself and yes, Kukoc a 6'11 SF that with Guard like passing abilities capable of putting 20 ppg if he would have played as a scoring focal point in any team in his early 20s and had no match up whatsoever in his SF Spot (too tall for SFs, too Fast for PFs):banghead:

Allstar24
08-01-2008, 04:49 PM
He's such a winner in the Lakers last game in the post season. Remember the blowouts against the Suns and Celtics. Kobe told the Celts fans "It's not over" in game six only to eat his words with a 39 point defeat. You take winners. How about telling the fans "It's not over" and losing by 30+ points.
All I hear is blah blah blah...

3 championships= winner in my book. Could care less whether you agree or not.

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 04:53 PM
All I hear is blah blah blah...

3 championships= winner in my book. Could care less whether you agree or not.

Ok Laker Ball Boy go get me a towel :banghead: since you are a Part of my Great Team with Shaq as the Leader and MVP and Best Player, Great Supporting Casts All in their Prime and ussy Bryant himself. Don`t Worry You are a Champion too, You can also be Part of the 80s Showtime Lakers too :cheers:

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Kerr and Paxon happened to the both Top Spot Shooters in the 90s and Grant`s stats don`t say **** because he was on of the Best or the Best Defending Powerforward in the 90s (something stats can`t even show for :hammerhead: ) not to mention Mr Grant after getting traded (total disrespect by the Bulls) the year after that was battling a championship with a young Magic Tea, and defeated Jordan-Pippens Bulls:hammerhead: . Later on with the Lakers:confusedshrug: . Wherever this Gran`t went contending championships appeared. Lets not forget Mr Rodman another Top Defending Powerforward, capable of shutting down faster SFs too and even Centers and ofcourse the leaguest Best Rebounder and yes, Kukoc a 6'11 SF that with Guard like passing abilities capable of putting 20 ppg if he would have played a scoring focal point in any team in his early 20s and had no match up whatsoever in his SF Spot (to tall for SFs, too Fast for PFs):banghead:

Spot shooters are a dime a dozen, sorry. We're talking about Steve Kerr and John Paxon here, not Reggie Miller and Larry Legend.

and Grant was a very good defender, but he was not the best defender in the league, so stop overrating players just for the sake of argument.

Rodman was with the team for 3 years, and he was very much a role player. A great rebounder, but a role player nonetheless.

Kukoc was a solid player as well, but why aren't you addressing the players Charles Barkley had?

Moses Malone, Julius Erving, Maurice Cheeks... and some terrific spot up shooters which you seem to love so much, Dan Majerle... He played with Danny Ainge, Cedric Ceballos, Kevin Johnson, MIchael Finley, and many others. Charles Barkley is an all-time great, but his lack of a ring wasn't because of having a career filled with scrubs. If you think he never had a legit shot, you're lying to yourself.

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Spot shooters are a dime a dozen, sorry. We're talking about Steve Kerr and John Paxon here, not Reggie Miller and Larry Legend.

:no:

Spot Shooters are many but "Great "Spot Shooters are Fewer. How many average spot shooters can make clutch shots many times or final second buzzer beaters like Paxon?
and Grant was a very good defender, but he was not the best defender in the league, so stop overrating players just for the sake of argument.

Not Overrated but actually Underrated. Grant was a Major Part of the Bulls 3 Peat (in the tougher eraly 90s), not to Mention Reason why the Magic went to the finals with a young inexperienced team that beat the Bulls with Pippen and Jordan in 95. Then strrangley enough ended up with the Lakers to again = Win Championships!!!:hammerhead:

Rodman was with the team for 3 years, and he was very much a role player. A great rebounder, but a role player nonetheless.

Rodman was arguabley the best On on One Defender Ever :hammerhead: capable of guarding the Best SFs/PFs and even Cs all in one motion sometimes and the Best Technical Rebounder of All Time. You are calling a man that averaged close to 15 to 19 RPG in 7 Seasons just a Great rebounder? :roll: Not enough!

Kukoc was a solid player as well, but why do you never address the players Charles Barkley had?

Kukoc solid? :hammerhead: Kukoc if he came to the NBA years before and played in a bad team was a 20 ppg, 6-7 rpg and 5 aspg man with ease. Was the Best Sixth Man of the 90s too. Go check out his games with the Bulls in the Mid 90s and see for yourself.

Moses Malone: After 1985-86 Got Traded. Would have been Charles`s Best Teamate and Mentor. That trade killed Chucks chances...

Julius Erving: 34 yearsold! in 1984 Way Passed His Prime (dependent on Physicall abilities to score too). In 1984 Barkley was a Rook that played 28 MPG and in 1987, the Doctor was 37 years old. Common!

Maurice Cheeks: Great Defender thats about it. Offensively a Roll Player.

... and some terrific spot up shooters which you seem to love so much,

Dan Majerle...: Great Shooter, Ok Defender...played with him 3 years only

He played with Danny Ainge: Passed his Prime, Ainge was 33 Years old in 1992-93.

Cedric Ceballos: Not a Fundamental or Intelligent Player but good offensively. How many Great Seasons? None!

Kevin Johnson: Only Great Player that Barkley played with in his PRIME and KJs Prime. Sadly a very arrogant and selfish players who did not asoume his real place in the Suns as the Second Leader. What happened to KJ after Charles left the Suns? ....we know the storry....

MIchael Finley: Who that? common!: oldlol:

and many others. Charles Barkley is an all-time great, but his lack of a ring wasn't because of having a career filled with scrubs. If you think he never had a legit shot, you're lying to yourself.

Just go watch the Level of Game between 1987 and 1995 and see for yourself out of all the Great Stars who had the Worst Casts = Barkley. Go watch the games thats all i can say...

TmacsRockets
08-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Sir Charles or Kobe who is greater?

Barkley quite easily.

VCMVP1551
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Bryant at 6`6 ft playing SG against usually guys whom are his height or shorter, usually less athletic and not as strong is something that doest not impersses me at all:no: :confusedshrug:.

Charles at 6`4 3/4 ft played against 6`9, 6`10, 6`11 and 7`0 footers and dominated them :confusedshrug: like crazy.

First of all Charles lack of height at his position didn't make him any more effective.

Second of all you have it backwards!!!!!

[B]KOBE IS 6'4 3/4"
BARKLEY IS ABOUT 6'6"

We've been over this!!!!!!

highwhey
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.buzzpatrol.com/images/2007/02/charles-barkley-dick-bavetta-kiss-close.jpg
Sir Charles wishes he would have kissed Barkley.

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 06:46 PM
First of all Charles lack of height at his position didn't make him any more effective.

Second of all you have it backwards!!!!!

KOBE IS 6'4 3/4"
BARKLEY IS ABOUT 6'6"

We've been over this!!!!!!

Wrong Kobe is around 6`5 7/8 ft or 6`6 ft same as Jordan pretty much and Charles is just below 6`5 ft which his 1.9558 mt (he is 1.95 mt) but he was over 260 lbs. He has a different body built. And Chalres was effective because

1-He Was the Most Talented and Skilled PF Ever
2-Strongest Player Inch for Inch Ever
3-Fastest Pf Ever
4-Had a 39 Vertical Inch Leap in his 20s
5.Was a Mean Mother F...

:)

nycelt84
08-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Kobe Bryant.

VCMVP1551
08-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Wrong Kobe is around 6`5 7/8 ft or 6`6 ft same as Jordan pretty much and Charles is just below 6`5 ft which his 1.9558 mt (he is 1.95 mt) but he was over 260 lbs. He has a different body built. And Chalres was effective because
:)

Hey Sir Charles check out these links. :D

[QUOTE]

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Spot Shooters are many but "Great "Spot Shooters are Fewer. How many average spot shooters can make clutch shots many times or final second buzzer beaters like Paxon?
Look at the Celtics of 07/08, Posey is a spot up shooter and he made clutch shot after clutch shot. Big shot Bob, Rick Fox on the championship Lakers made some pretty big shots, as did Derek Fisher... there are tons of great spot up shooters. and Dan Majerle was one of the best.

Not Overrated but actually Underrated. Grant was a Major Part of the Bulls 3 Peat (in the tougher eraly 90s), not to Mention Reason why the Magic went to the finals with a young inexperienced team that beat the Bulls with Pippen and Jordan in 95.
The fact that this was Jordan's comeback year after taking a year off to play baseball, and the fact that there was an entirely new cast when he returned had absolutely nothing to do with it right? And the fact that the magic had a great cast of very talented young players including Penny Hardaway and Shaq also didn't make a difference.

Rodman was arguabley the best On on One Defender Ever :hammerhead: capable of guarding the Best SFs/PFs and even Cs all in one motion sometimes and the Best Technical Rebounder of All Time. You are calling a man that averaged close to 15 to 19 RPG in 7 Seasons just a Great rebounder? :roll: Not enough!
Rodman was a terrific rebounder, but rebounding was excusively what he did. He was a good defender, but the greatest one on one defender ever? Wow, that was pretty ignorant. And you talk about all the players Barkley played being out of prime? When Rodman came to the Bulls it was his 10th year in the league and he was 34 years old.

Kukoc solid? :hammerhead: Kukoc if he came to the NBA years before and played in a bad team was a 20 ppg, 6-7 rpg and 5 aspg man with ease. Was the Best Sixth Man of the 90s too. Go check out his games with the Bulls in the Mid 90s and see for yourself.
why are we talking about woulda coulda shoulda.. What he would've done or could've done on another team is irrelevant. What matters is what he did on the Bulls, and that was to fullfil a role. Deny it all you want, he was a good shooter and passer, but he was still a role player.
Moses Malone: After 1985-86 Got Traded. Would have been Charles`s Best Teamate and Mentor. That trade killed Chucks chances...

Julius Erving: 34 yearsold! in 1984 Way Passed His Prime (dependent on Physicall abilities to score too). In 1984 Barkley was a Rook that played 28 MPG and in 1987, the Doctor was 37 years old. Common!
Same age Rodman was when he joined the Bulls. Not to mention Jordan was 32 at the start of the 2nd 3peat. So enough with the excuses.

Maurice Cheeks: Great Defender thats about it. Offensively a Roll Player.
Are you kidding me? Did you even watch the guy? He was one of the great passers of his era in addition to being a team leader, floor general, and great defender. Barkley was around when he was in his prime and he was putting up 15.4ppg, 9.2apg, 2.5 spg. Did you even watch the team or are you some kiddie who just looked up Barkley videos on youtube?

Dan Majerle...: Great Shooter, Ok Defender...played with him 3 years only
Kerr and Paxon weren't good defenders either.

He played with Danny Ainge: Passed his Prime, Ainge was 33 Years old in 1992-93.
He was past his prime yes, but he was still a valuable player on that team.

Cedric Ceballos: ]Not a Fundamental or Intelligent Player but good offensively. [B]How many Great Seasons? None!
What are you talking about? In his best statistical season he averaged 21.7ppg, 8rpg, 1 stl and 2 assist, which isn't GREAT, but it's still very good.. and when he played with Barkley his numbers weren't as good, but he was still a solid role player just like Jordan had.

Kevin Johnson: Only Great Player that Barkley played with in his PRIME and KJs Prime. Sadly a very arrogant and selfish players who did not asoume his real place in the Suns as the Second Leader. What happened to KJ after Charles left the Suns? ....we know the storry....[/
So I guess the problem was having two people with the same personality right?

MIchael Finley: Who that? common!: oldlol:
? was that in english?

Just go watch the Level of Game between 1987 and 1995 and see for yourself out of all the Great Stars who had the Worst Casts = Barkley. Go watch the games thats all i can say...
The more you write, the more i'm doubting you actually watched games in that era and the more I think you just sit on youtube all day watching Barkley's greatest plays... Mo Cheeks a role player, :roll: :roll:

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Look at the Celtics of 07/08, Posey is a spot up shooter and he made clutch shot after clutch shot. Big shot Bob, Rick Fox on the championship Lakers made some pretty big shots, as did Derek Fisher... there are tons of great spot up shooters. and Dan Majerle was one of the best.

I had already said Dan was a Great Shooter but thats about it.

The fact that this was Jordan's comeback year after taking a year off to play baseball, and the fact that there was an entirely new cast when he returned had absolutely nothing to do with it right? And the fact that the magic had a great cast of very talented young players including Penny Hardaway and Shaq also didn't make a difference.

Not enough. You are talking about Jordan (not some good to average player), Pippen in Absolute Prime, Kukoc vs YOUNG INEXPERIENCED SHAQ and PENNy, Grant was the Alma Matter of the Team and I Saw thos games live. Grant was a force in D and a Motivator.

Rodman was a terrific rebounder, but rebounding was excusively what he did. He was a good defender, but the greatest one on one defender ever? Wow, that was pretty ignorant. And you talk about all the players Barkley played being out of prime? When Rodman came to the Bulls it was his 10th year in the league and he was 34 years old.

Exclusively? Are you kidding me? Mr Rodman is by far the most Technical Rebounder Ever and one of the Best Defenders Ever. At 6`7 and a bit less guarded PFs that where 25 lbs or more above him, 6`10ers ,6`11ers and some 7 footers and denined them like crazy. Rodman could guard players ranging from 6`5 ft talented and faster players, SFs and all the way up to massive 7`0 fters.

You can`t compare Barkley to Rodman. Rodman was a working machine in the offeseason one of the hardest working weight lifting maniacs of all time. He had enormous troubles when a Kid and all his life he dedicated himself to be the Greates Rebounder and Defender he could. Barkley hardly ever trained in the off season and was usally overweight

why are we talking about woulda coulda shoulda.. What he would've done or could've done on another team is irrelevant. What matters is what he did on the Bulls, and that was to fullfil a role. Deny it all you want, he was a good shooter and passer, but he was still a role player.

There are Levels of Role Players and LEVELS of Role Players.

Same age Rodman was when he joined the Bulls. Not to mention Jordan was 32 at the start of the 2nd 3peat. So enough with the excuses.

Moses only played 2 full seasons with Chuck and Chuck was not a Starter at all in 1984-85, so he really plaed with Chuck only one seasobn. Charles in 1984 played only 28 MPG and had major weight problems too. He was just learning about the team. Charles wasn`t even the focal scoring point until 1987.

Are you kidding me? Did you even watch the guy? He was one of the great passers of his era in addition to being a team leader, floor general, and great defender. Barkley was around when he was in his prime and he was putting up 15.4ppg, 9.2apg, 2.5 spg. Did you even watch the team or are you some kiddie who just looked up Barkley videos on youtube?

Maurice was Great Role Player-Passer and Defender then again he wasn`t a Scoring Threat at ALL! as Pippen or Kukoc where! or Jordan himself as the main focal person. Then again he left in 1989 and you are talking about the the late 80s my friend when the Celtics, Lakers and Pistons dominated the League plus way superior combative teams like the Bucks, Cavs, Knicks and Rockets, Jordan-Pippen did not make it to the finals until 1991!

Kerr and Paxon weren't good defenders either.

Ofcourse they werent because along they you had the Greatest Perimiters Defenders Ever in PIPPEN and JORDAN.

He was past his prime yes, but he was still a valuable player on that team.

What are you talking about? In his best statistical season he averaged 21.7ppg, 8rpg, 1 stl and 2 assist, which isn't GREAT, but it's still very good.. and when he played with Barkley his numbers weren't as good, but he was still a solid role player just like Jordan had.

You cant have 3 Aging Players as Starters dummy. Maximum 2...You need knees, speed, potence etc to play D in the Play-Offs. Barkley should have never went to th Rockets just stayed in Phoneix or intially gone to the Cavs or Knicks. Still when both Hakeem and Pippen through the towel away in 1999Barkley had an MVP Play-Off Run agains the Lakers

So I guess the problem was having two people with the same personality right?

Wrong and Right. KJ had a strong personality but he wanted to be like Isiah: be the Scorer, Saviour and the Creator but he did not need to be the main scorer because he had people that could score: Barkley as the main, Marlie, Chambers, Dumas, Cebollos etc...Mr KJ forgot his initial role as the PG he wanted to be everything his arrogance played him wrong as what happend in the last game in the 1993 finals when he got his shot blocked in the final seconds, by who? GRANT!. He even said so himself..

The more you write, the more i'm doubting you actually watched games in that era and the more I think you just sit on youtube all day watching Barkley's greatest plays... Mo Cheeks a role player, :roll: :roll:

I watched Barkely LIVE from 1991 to 1996 (before that through videos) and I tell you that his Suns where the MOST UNDEEP TEAM in the West. They had NO CENTER and no other Great Frontliner other than Barkley plus no Defense. Everyone in 1993 had the Sonics, Rockets, Jazz or Spurs and strangely after Charles`strade they went to the finals stricktly due to Charles. Everyone hated Charles Barkley from Stern who stole the 1990 MVP all the way up to the fans. Its a fact!

Put Barkley in the late 80s Cavs or the early 1990 Knicks and they would have won all the championshipts in the following 5-6 years. Period.

VCMVP1551
08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
No response to me Sir Charles? That's because you were proven wrong.

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 08:50 PM
No response to me Sir Charles? That's because you were proven wrong.

I dont know about Kobes height but when i see him is around 6`5/6`6 ft close to Jordan`s height although I seem him a bit less athletic than Jordan and alot less stronger. Jordan was pure fiber compared to Bryant:) not to mention superior competitiveness and agressiveness :confusedshrug:. I agree Bryant is a Great player and probaly the most skilled SG of todays ***** league but it doest not impress me at all to see a player that has 1-athletic abiltities, 2-talent, 3-speed, 4-strenth most of the time and 5-a great supporting cast over other good or great SGs facing him.:confusedshrug:

It does impress me to see a 6`4/6`4 1.95 mt powerforward who hardly takes care of his body owning PFs and Centers that are 6 to 12 inches taller than him:bowdown: :)

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I had already said Dan was a Great Shooter but thats about it
Once again, so were Paxon and Kerr. Next?

Not enough. You are talking about Jordan (not some good to average player), Pippen in Absolute Prime, Kukoc vs YOUNG INEXPERIENCED SHAQ and PENNy, Grant was the Alma Matter of the Team and I Saw thos games live. Grant was a force in D and a Motivator.

MJ wasn't in his prime, and Pippen certainly was NOT in his "Absolute Prime." His "absolute prime" was between 92-94 and he was 30 when Jordan got back. Kukoc wasn't a game changer. He was more like a very good piece to the puzzle. Kukoc as the best player on a team may have put up 20-25ppg, but they wouldn't win. Plain and simple.

Exclusively? Are you kidding me? Mr Rodman is by far the most Technical Rebounder Ever and one of the Best Defenders Ever. At 6`7 and a bit less guarded PFs that where 25 lbs or more above him, 6`10ers ,6`11ers and some 7 footers and denined them like crazy. Rodman could guard players ranging from 6`5 ft talented and faster players, SFs and all the way up to massive 7`0 fters.
Again, Rodman was 34 at the start of his reign on the bulls. It's not like it's prime Detroit Pistons Rodman we're talking about. His rebounding came from his work ethic, he worked very hard for those rebounds yes. But when he came to the Bulls at age 34 he wasn't even the best one on one defender in the league at that time, let alone the greatest of all time. His rebounding, taking charges, and toughness were the main qualities that he brought to the team, but make no mistake about it, he was fulfilling a role.

You can`t compare Barkley to Rodman. Rodman was a working machine in the offeseason one of the hardest working weight lifting maniacs of all time. He had enormous troubles when a Kid and all his life he dedicated himself to be the Greates Rebounder and Defender he could. Barkley hardly ever trained in the off season and was usally overweight
I'm not comparing the two but rather saying that Rodman wasn't young, prime Rodman when he came to the Bulls. I don't care what kind of work ethic you have, work ethic can help you with longevity but age catches up to you no matter what your work ethic is.

There are Levels of Role Players and LEVELS of Role Players.
Agreed.

Moses only played 2 full seasons with Chuck and Chuck was not a Starter at all in 1984-85, so he really plaed with Chuck only one seasobn. Charles in 1984 played only 28 MPG and had major weight problems too. He was just learning about the team. Charles wasn`t even the focal scoring point until 1987.
Major weight problems aren't enough of an excuse either. Chuck had weight problems for the majority of his career and played in spite of that.

Maurice was Great Role Player-Passer and Defender then again he wasn`t a Scoring Threat at ALL! as Pippen or Kukoc where! or Jordan himself as the main focal person. Then again he left in 1989 and you are talking about the the late 80s my friend when the Celtics, Lakers and Pistons dominated the League plus way superior combative teams like the Bucks, Cavs, Knicks and Rockets, Jordan-Pippen did not make it to the finals until 1991!

Now you add "Passer and Defender" after I say it. :applause: :oldlol: Bravo... but anyways he may not have been a main offensive threat but he was like an Andre Miller. He had a pretty good midrange jumper and shot more than .500 for his career.

I don't understand the purpose of the 2nd part of that. That was a great Era with the Bad Boys, Larry Bird, Magic all in their prime...

Ofcourse they werent because along they you had the Greatest Perimiters Defenders Ever in PIPPEN and JORDAN.
They were bad defenders with or without Pippen and Jordan. Are you trying to say that they were bad because they were compensating for Jordan and Pippen being great defenders? :roll:

You cant have 3 Aging Players as Starters dummy. Maximum 2...You need knees, speed, potence etc to play D in the Play-Offs. Barkley should have never went to th Rockets just stayed in Phoneix or intially gone to the Cavs or Knicks. Still when both Hakeem and Pippen through the towel away in 1999Barkley had an MVP Play-Off Run agains the Lakers
The Bulls 1996-97 starting roster had Jordan (33), Pippen (31), Kukoc (28), Kerr (31), Longley (31) They were in fact, one of the oldest teams in the league at that time, so I guess you CAN win with aging players, dummy.

Wrong and Right. KJ had a strong personality but he wanted to be like Isiah: be the Scorer, Saviour and the Creator but he did not need to be the main scorer because he had people that could score: Barkley as the main, Marlie, Chambers, Dumas, Cebollos etc...Mr KJ forgot his initial role as the PG he wanted to be everything his arrogance played him wrong as what happend in the last game in the 1993 finals when he got his shot blocked in the final seconds, by who? GRANT!. He even said so himself..

It happens

I watched Barkely LIVE from 1991 to 1996 (before that through videos) and I tell you that his Suns where the MOST [B]UNDEEP TEAM in the West. They had NO CENTER and no other Great Frontliner other than Barkley plus no Defense. Everyone in 1993 had the Sonics, Rockets, Jazz or Spurs and strangely after Charles`strade they went to the finals stricktly due to Charles. Everyone hated Charles Barkley from Stern who stole the 1990 MVP all the way up to the fans. Its a fact!

First i'd like to say that "undeep" is not a word. But to address that, the Bulls had Longley and he averaged like 9/5.. The Bulls won without a strong Center. And they definitely could've used a Charles Barkley. :oldlol:

Put Barkley in the late 80s Cavs or the early 1990 Knicks and they would have won all the championshipts in the following 5-6 years. Period.[/QUOTE]
Plug any player onto a team that was already very good and they'd get a ring. However, put him on either of those teams and take away the current best player and it wouldn't happen.

ShowTime LA
08-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Kobe Bean

VCMVP1551
08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I dont know about Kobes height but when i see him is around 6`5/6`6 ft close to Jordan`s height.

If you don't know Kobe's height then don't tell me I'm wrong when I say he's 6'4 3/4".

Kobe admitted he was 6'4" and his wife says she measured Kobe at 6'4 3/4" in the links I posted.

At the 1984 rookie camp Jordan measured 6'4 7/8" and weighed in at 196 lbs.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/Michael%20Jordan%20and%20Kobe%20Bryant/MJKobe1.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/Michael%20Jordan%20and%20Kobe%20Bryant/MJKobe.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/Michael%20Jordan%20and%20Kobe%20Bryant/MJKobeASG1.jpg

6'4 7/8" Michael Jordan and 6'4 3/4" Kobe Bryant

It does impress me to see a 6`4/6`4 1.95 mt powerforward who hardly takes care of his body owning PFs and Centers that are 6 to 12 inches taller than him:bowdown: :)

Barkley was very impressive but in reality he was between 6'5" and 6'6" without basketball shoes and about 6'7" with shoes.

That is still about 2-3 inches below the average PF which is very impressive considering Charles is arguably the best PF ever.

Loki
08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Jordan's not taller than Kobe. They're either the same height or Kobe's taller. I've always thought that Kobe had like 1/4-1/2" on Mike. Who knows, though.

Btw, Jordan grew at least a half an inch from his rookie year through 1991. It's noticeable.

DKLaker
08-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I dont know about Kobes height but when i see him is around 6`5/6`6 ft close to Jordan`s height although I seem him a bit less athletic than Jordan and alot less stronger. Jordan was pure fiber compared to Bryant:) not to mention superior competitiveness and agressiveness :confusedshrug:. I agree Bryant is a Great player and probaly the most skilled SG of todays ***** league but it doest not impress me at all to see a player that has 1-athletic abiltities, 2-talent, 3-speed, 4-strenth most of the time and 5-a great supporting cast over other good or great SGs facing him.:confusedshrug:

It impresses me that a Rhinoceros Beetle can lift 850 times it's own weight...........but since this is about best basketball player.....not strength..... Kobe > Barkley

Sir Charles
08-01-2008, 09:48 PM
If you don't know Kobe's height then don't tell me I'm wrong when I say he's 6'4 3/4".

Kobe admitted he was 6'4" and his wife says she measured Kobe at 6'4 3/4" in the links I posted.

At the 1984 rookie camp Jordan measured 6'4 7/8" and weighed in at 196 lbs.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/Michael%20Jordan%20and%20Kobe%20Bryant/MJKobe1.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/Michael%20Jordan%20and%20Kobe%20Bryant/MJKobe.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/Michael%20Jordan%20and%20Kobe%20Bryant/MJKobeASG1.jpg

6'4 7/8" Michael Jordan and 6'4 3/4" Kobe Bryant

Barkley was very impressive but in reality he was between 6'5" and 6'6" without basketball shoes and about 6'7" with shoes.

That is still about 2-3 inches below the average PF which is very impressive considering Charles is arguably the best PF ever.

The Jordan and Bryant pics on the Top are more actual to the reality because Mr Bryant entered the NBA very young and he could still grew an inch or so from 1997. So yes Bryant and Jordan are about equal in height. Jordan is 6'5 7/8 or 6`6 ft (1.97-98 mt) and so is Bryant.

Charles Barkley is 6`4 and 5/8 at the most exact Olympic Measurment but he calimed 6`4 3/4. He is 1.95 mt like it or not.

Pics

Next to Jordan

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/jordan_barkley.jpg

http://www.peogles.com/images/jordanbarkley.jpg

Charles Barkley nex to 6`10 ft Danny Manning

http://www.nba.com/media/suns/manning_barkley_230.jpg

Charles Barkley next to 6`6 ft Dan Marlie

http://www.jamd.com/search?assettype=g&assetid=360171&text=Charles+Barkley+Phoenix

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Videos:

Minute 5,12 to 5.13 next to 6`7 ft Pippen, look at the Shoulder difference definetly 2-3 inches.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=va55GJhUPTU&feature=related

Minute 1.12 to 1.13 nex to 6`1 ft Kevin Jhonson.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HnpagQIHuIs

Charles Barkley being Guarded by 6`6 1/2 ft to 6`6 3/4 ft Dennis Rodman

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jGX_HXlTV-Q&feature=related

VCMVP1551
08-01-2008, 10:23 PM
The Jordan and Bryant pics on the Top are more actual to the reality because Mr Bryant entered the NBA very young and he could still grew an inch or so from 1997. So yes Bryant and Jordan are about equal in height. Jordan is 6'5 7/8 or 6`6 ft (1.97-98 mt) and so is Bryant.

Sir Charles, Kobe was measured in 2007 or 2008 at about 29 years old at 6'4 3/4". Read the article.

Jordan was measured 6'4 7/8" at the 1984 rookie camp.

That's why they are about the same height. Jordan is 6'4 7/8" and Kobe is 6'4 3/4".

Charles Barkley is 6`4 and 5/8 at the most exact Olympic Measurment but he calimed 6`4 3/4. He is 1.95 mt like it or not.

First of all Dan Majerle was measured 6'5" at the 1988 Olympics and he's shorter in the picture you posted with Barkley.
Second of all Danny Manning was measured 6'9" at the 1988 Olympics.

Now some better pictures.

Charles next to a height chart at 6'7" or 6'8" in shoes.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/barkleymug.jpg

Barkley is the same height or taller than 6'5 1/2" Julius Erving
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/BarkleyDrJ.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/BarkleyDrJCheeks.jpg

Barkley is maybe half an inch shorter than 6'7" Magic Johnson
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/CharlesBar_Kambo_8220801_400.jpg

Barkley is at the very most an inch shorter than 6'7" Dominique Wilkins

Barkley is at most 2 inches shorter than 6'7 1/2" Scottie Pippen
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/52210204.jpg

Barkley is only about 7 inches shorter than 7'1" Shaq
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/ShaqChuck.jpg

Barkley is about 3 inches taller than 6'3 3/4" Dwyane Wade
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/ChuckWade.jpg

And now to prove it isn't Charles shoes that make him look taller.....

Chuck barefoot next to Kenny Smith who was listed at 6'3"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/untitled3.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/untitled2.jpg

Here is a quote from Barkley made on January 28th, 2007 after the rebroadcast of a Suns vs Cavs game.

"Barefoot, i'm six five and a quarter."

Whatever Kenny Smith's height is...add 5 inches and you have Chucks' height. I doubt Kenny is under 6'1".

Jordan's not taller than Kobe. They're either the same height or Kobe's taller. I've always thought that Kobe had like 1/4-1/2" on Mike. Who knows, though.

Well considering the measurements I've heard for MJ and Kobe are only 1/8 inch apart it'd be pretty much impossible to notice the difference. When two people are that close in height then the one wearing a slightly thicker soled, whoever woke up later in the day or whoever has the best posture will look taller.

When the height difference is 1/8 of an inch then you can consider those two guys the exact same height.

In the first picture I posted Jordan was slightly taller, in the second picture Kobe was slightly taller and in the third picture Jordan was slightly taller.

That's what I mean, 1/8 of an inch is so insignificant that the slightest difference in posture will decide who looks taller.

Btw, Jordan grew at least a half an inch from his rookie year through 1991. It's noticeable.

Jordan said he was about 6'4" and 180 pounds when he tried out for the 1983 Olympics and he's without a doubt taller than 6'4" flat now so I agree that he grew a bit late.

Although Jordan does look about 6'5" here next to Julius Erving who has claimed he was 6'5 1/2"
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/JordanErving.jpg

That picture is from Jordan's rookie season.

C-Webb4
08-01-2008, 10:24 PM
You didn't answer my last set of point Sir Charles. Had enough?

dynasty1978
08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Both players led their teams to the Finals in their MVP seasons...gimme the guy that plays both ends....24.

BIGSHOT
08-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Kobe
.Better shooter,defender,passer/playmaker,scorer,clutch player, while being able to play a greater variety of roles for your team.

fos
08-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Chuck and didn't hesitate.

Sir Charles
08-02-2008, 06:16 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mannida01.html

Danny Manning

Daniel Ricardo Manning (Danny, D)

Position: Forward-Center
Height: 6-10 Weight: 230 lbs.
Born: May 17, 1966 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
High School: Lawrence in Lawrence, Kansas

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/majerda01.html

Dan Majerle

Daniel Lewis Majerle (Dan, Thunder Dan)

Position: Guard-Forward
Height: 6-6 Weight: 215 lbs.
Born: September 9, 1965 in Traverse City, Michigan
High School: Traverse City Sr. in Traverse City, Michigan
College: Central Michigan University

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Barkley Next to 6`8 Grant Hill. Clearly atleast 3.5 Inches Taller than Charles

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/photo/featured/Charles_Barkley/X55299/1900-01-01/2100-12-31/IMG104005/dd/1/4/33/index.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

charles Next to Pippen. Pippen Clearly atleast 2.5 Inches Taller than Charles

http://www.nba.com/media/espanol/barkley1_400.jpg

http://www.chron.com/content/news/photos/99/05/08/dressedup.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Next to Danny Manning. If he is is 6`9 ft then Charles is 6`3 1/2 ft (Manning has over Charles close to 6 Inches clearly!!!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Barkley 6`4 5/8 ft (1.95 mt ) at front (which should give an effect to look even taller) Next to
Dominique Wilkins at back 6`7 ft (2.01 mt). Clearly Nique is 2.5 Inches Taller than Charles again.

http://www.stephenbuoniconti.org/wilkinsbarkley.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Barkley Next to Jordan. Again 1.5 Inch Shorter

http://www.painetworks.com/photos/hl/hl2041.JPG

gpfanz
08-02-2008, 08:07 AM
No greater but a better scorer :no:

juju151111
08-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Sir Charles, Kobe was measured in 2007 or 2008 at about 29 years old at 6'4 3/4". Read the article.

Jordan was measured 6'4 7/8" at the 1984 rookie camp.

That's why they are about the same height. Jordan is 6'4 7/8" and Kobe is 6'4 3/4".

First of all Dan Majerle was measured 6'5" at the 1988 Olympics and he's shorter in the picture you posted with Barkley.
Second of all Danny Manning was measured 6'9" at the 1988 Olympics.

Now some better pictures.

Charles next to a height chart at 6'7" or 6'8" in shoes.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/barkleymug.jpg

Barkley is the same height or taller than 6'5 1/2" Julius Erving
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/BarkleyDrJ.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/BarkleyDrJCheeks.jpg

Barkley is maybe half an inch shorter than 6'7" Magic Johnson
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/CharlesBar_Kambo_8220801_400.jpg

Barkley is at the very most an inch shorter than 6'7" Dominique Wilkins

Barkley is at most 2 inches shorter than 6'7 1/2" Scottie Pippen
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/52210204.jpg

Barkley is only about 7 inches shorter than 7'1" Shaq
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/ShaqChuck.jpg

Barkley is about 3 inches taller than 6'3 3/4" Dwyane Wade
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/ChuckWade.jpg

And now to prove it isn't Charles shoes that make him look taller.....

Chuck barefoot next to Kenny Smith who was listed at 6'3"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/untitled3.jpg
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/untitled2.jpg

Here is a quote from Barkley made on January 28th, 2007 after the rebroadcast of a Suns vs Cavs game.

Whatever Kenny Smith's height is...add 5 inches and you have Chucks' height. I doubt Kenny is under 6'1".

Well considering the measurements I've heard for MJ and Kobe are only 1/8 inch apart it'd be pretty much impossible to notice the difference. When two people are that close in height then the one wearing a slightly thicker soled, whoever woke up later in the day or whoever has the best posture will look taller.

When the height difference is 1/8 of an inch then you can consider those two guys the exact same height.

In the first picture I posted Jordan was slightly taller, in the second picture Kobe was slightly taller and in the third picture Jordan was slightly taller.

That's what I mean, 1/8 of an inch is so insignificant that the slightest difference in posture will decide who looks taller.

Jordan said he was about 6'4" and 180 pounds when he tried out for the 1983 Olympics and he's without a doubt taller than 6'4" flat now so I agree that he grew a bit late.

Although Jordan does look about 6'5" here next to Julius Erving who has claimed he was 6'5 1/2"
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/NBA7902/NBA%20Height%20Comparison/JordanErving.jpg

That picture is from Jordan's rookie season.
lol ownage complete.

juju151111
08-02-2008, 11:22 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mannida01.html

Danny Manning

Daniel Ricardo Manning (Danny, D)

Position: Forward-Center
Height: 6-10 Weight: 230 lbs.
Born: May 17, 1966 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi
High School: Lawrence in Lawrence, Kansas

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/majerda01.html

Dan Majerle

Daniel Lewis Majerle (Dan, Thunder Dan)

Position: Guard-Forward
Height: 6-6 Weight: 215 lbs.
Born: September 9, 1965 in Traverse City, Michigan
High School: Traverse City Sr. in Traverse City, Michigan
College: Central Michigan University

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Barkley Next to 6`8 Grant Hill. Clearly atleast 3.5 Inches Taller than Charles

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/photo/featured/Charles_Barkley/X55299/1900-01-01/2100-12-31/IMG104005/dd/1/4/33/index.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

charles Next to Pippen. Pippen Clearly atleast 2.5 Inches Taller than Charles

http://www.nba.com/media/espanol/barkley1_400.jpg

http://www.chron.com/content/news/photos/99/05/08/dressedup.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Next to Danny Manning. If he is is 6`9 ft then Charles is 6`3 1/2 ft (Manning has over Charles close to 6 Inches clearly!!!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Barkley 6`4 5/8 ft (1.95 mt ) at front (which should give an effect to look even taller) Next to
Dominique Wilkins at back 6`7 ft (2.01 mt). Clearly Nique is 2.5 Inches Taller than Charles again.

http://www.stephenbuoniconti.org/wilkinsbarkley.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Barkley Next to Jordan. Again 1.5 Inch Shorter

http://www.painetworks.com/photos/hl/hl2041.JPG
These pics are BS.In the first pic with pip he is clearly slouching and laughing at wat pip said.None of ur pics show a clear angle like VC pics.How could u tell from those angles.VC pics show it clearly.

Norcaliblunt
08-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Barkley is like 6'5''. He's admitted it himself. No freakin way he is 6'7'' LMAO.

And also LMAO at the people who always try and bring that mugshot photo in as proof.

Grinder
08-02-2008, 01:11 PM

Stop with the bull****. Barkley is one of my favorite players but no way is he even

VCMVP1551
08-02-2008, 01:33 PM
These pics are BS.In the first pic with pip he is clearly slouching and laughing at wat pip said.None of ur pics show a clear angle like VC pics.How could u tell from those angles.VC pics show it clearly.

Not to mention his second picture with Pippen showed Barkley at about 6'6".

:roll:

tikay00
08-02-2008, 01:37 PM
whoever posted that there will other kobe types, and mj types, but there will never be another sir charles is completely true. Barkley is a straight beast, with his size, speed, vision, finsihing ability, handles, mid range shot, etc.

Sir Charles
08-02-2008, 01:52 PM
whoever posted that there will other kobe types, and mj types, but there will never be another sir charles is completely true. Barkley is a straight beast, with his size, speed, vision, finsihing ability, handles, mid range shot, etc.

There will never be a Player that Has All The Position Qualities in One Single Motion. :bowdown:

dynamyta1
08-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Barkley all the wayyyy....:cheers:

Lebron23
08-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Kobe Bryant

Sir Charles was good, but Bryant is the closest thing to Michael Jordan.

TmacsRockets
08-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Kobe
.Better shooter,defender,passer/playmaker,scorer,clutch player, while being able to play a greater variety of roles for your team.

What roles?

At least Barkley shows up in the finals when needed.

Jimmy2k8
08-02-2008, 11:03 PM
What roles?

Then where was Barkley, when the game was on the line in game 6 of the nba finals?

Chrono90
08-02-2008, 11:06 PM
charles

Human Error
08-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Hell no.

Tim Duncan > Barkley
Karl Malone > Barkley
Elvin Hayes > Barkley
Bob Pettit > Barkley

Barkley was a non-factor at the defensive end. He tried, but at 6-6, he had no choice but coming up short.

BIGSHOT
08-02-2008, 11:37 PM
What roles?

Kobe has played different roles in the triangle throughout his career.
like bring a facilator or primary scorer( 05-06)
and kobes finals "struggles' are overated.

gpfanz
08-02-2008, 11:41 PM
U just cant put Charles & Kobe on the same line man its wrong :banghead:

Loki
08-02-2008, 11:41 PM

Shooting sub-41% over the course of 5 Finals series is "overrated"? :oldlol:

gpfanz
08-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Kobe has played different roles in the triangle throughout his career.
like bring a facilator or primary scorer( 05-06)

No. Kobe is the one who is overated. :banghead:

No wait. Kobe is not supposed to win anyway. If thats the case, YES his finals failures r overated :applause:

Sir Charles
08-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Kobe Bryant

Sir Charles was good, but Bryant is the closest thing to Michael Jordan.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please....:no:

BIGSHOT
08-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Shooting sub-41% over the course of 5 Finals series is "overrated"? :oldlol:
no, but last i checked FG% aint the only things that matter.jordan grupies...:oldlol:

Sir Charles
08-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Hell no.

Tim Duncan > Barkley
Karl Malone > Barkley
Elvin Hayes > Barkley
Bob Pettit > Barkley

Barkley was a non-factor at the defensive end. He tried, but at 6-6, he had no choice but coming up short.

Barkley = Superior Shot Blocker and Stealer than Malone
Barkley = Superior Stealer than Duncan
Barkley = Superior Intimidator than any of them

Sir Charles
08-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Then where was Barkley, when the game was on the line in game 6 of the nba finals?

Barkley averaged "over": 26 ppg (50.5%FG), 13 rpg, 4 aspg, 1.7 spg and 1 bpg in the finals agains the Bulls in 93 with an injured elbow. How did Mr Bryant do with a Great Supporting Cast and uninjures vs the Celtics?

:confusedshrug:

Human Error
08-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Barkley = Superior Shot Blocker and Stealer than Malone
Barkley = Superior Stealer than Duncan
Barkley = Superior Intimidator than any of them
Stop being an idiot please.

Barkley and Malone blocked shots almost at the same rate, but Malone was a much better man to man defender. And saying Barkley was more of an intimidator than Karl Malone is not a rational human being's thing.

As for Duncan, who cares if Barkley stole the ball more? Duncan is one of the best low post defenders in the league history. If you're a great power forward, regardless of you're 6-6 or 6-10, you're supposed to be at least a good post defender. Sometimes you have to defend the opposing centers. Barkley played with huge heart but was it enough to completely make up for his lack of size at the defensive end? No.

Sir Charles
08-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Stop being an idiot please.

Barkley and Malone blocked shots almost at the same rate, but Malone was a much better man to man defender. And saying Barkley was more of an intimidator than Karl Malone is not a rational human being's thing.

As for Duncan, who cares if Barkley stole the ball more? Duncan is one of the best low post defenders in the league history. If you're a great power forward, regardless of you're 6-6 or 6-10, you're supposed to be at least a good post defender. Sometimes you have to defend the opposing centers. Barkley played with huge heart but was it enough to completely make up for his lack of size at the defensive end? No.

Barkley: Regular Season: 0.83 bpg. Play-Offs: 0.88 (rose in the clutch)
Malone: Regular Season: 0.78 bpg. Play-Offs: 0.70 (reduced in the clutch * Not to mention FG%)

Barkley Regular Season: 1.54 spg. Play-Offs: 1.57 spg (rose in the clutch)
Malone Regular Season: 1.41 spg. Play-Offfs: 1.34 spg (reduced in the clutch * Not to Mention FG%)

What are you saying Barkley was a Post Up Intimidator. Players Shot Over him usually from a Far. Rarely did Players wante to go against Barkley in the Post and Paint in his Prime. Not only was he Agressive but he had a fat ass, natrual strength ala Shaq, a 39 inch vertical leap and was between 285 and 260 lbs for his career in the nba.

:banghead:

Loki
08-03-2008, 12:18 AM
no, but last i checked FG% aint the only things that matter.jordan grupies...:oldlol:

Huh? Even his precious TEE-EHS percentage was horrible. And his ppg volume isn't great either (like a 24.5 ppg average). And his rebounding/assists aren't special. And as we saw from him being hidden on defense vs. Boston, his defense isn't any great shakes either.

So what's left? :confusedshrug:

BIGSHOT
08-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Huh? Even his precious TEE-EHS percentage was horrible. And his ppg volume isn't great either (like a 24.5 ppg average). And his rebounding/assists aren't special. And as we saw from him being hidden on defense vs. Boston, his defense isn't any great shakes either.

He was not hidden on defense. he was put on rondo to be used as a team/help defender and it very much worked.
but he wasn't bad for 4 of the 5 finals like people claim. thats the point.
he has had 1 terrible finals ( 2004) one medicore/average ( 2008) and 3 solid.:confusedshrug:

bleedinpurpleTwo
08-03-2008, 12:27 AM

Kobe is the best player in the world today. Coaches know it. GMs know it. You probably know it too. You just hate the fact that the pundits constantly compare him to your idol. Kobe doesnt like the comparison, either. Yet all you can do is spew mindless BS about Kobe's skills. Just garbage. You have really become a sad caricature of yourself. pathetic.

Loki
08-03-2008, 12:31 AM
He was not hidden on defense. he was put on rondo to be used as a team/help defender and it very much worked.

It's so sad that people can convince themselves of this. :oldlol:

but he wasn't bad for 4 of the 5 finals like people claim. thats the point.
he has had 1 terrible finals ( 2004) one medicore/average ( 2008) and 3 solid.:confusedshrug:

Huh? 2008 was a very poor series from a player of his caliber. VERY poor -- not "average." 2000 was below par (he averaged like 22 pts/39% FG in the games he played in minus the game he played 7 minutes in). In 2001 he shot 41% again and averaged only 24.6 ppg after averaging 28.5 ppg in the regular season and 31.6 ppg in the playoffs until that point. That's poor.

He's had one good Finals (vs. NJ). How anyone can call 2000/2001/2008 anything other than poor is beyond me. At least you don't front on 2004. :D

Loki
08-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Kobe is the best player in the world today. Coaches know it. GMs know it. You probably know it too. You just hate the fact that the pundits constantly compare him to your idol. Kobe doesnt like the comparison, either. Yet all you can do is spew mindless BS about Kobe's skills. Just garbage. You have really become a sad caricature of yourself. pathetic.

How am I pathetic when I was simply responding to an ill-founded claim made by a Kobe groupie (i.e., that "Kobe's Finals struggles are overrated")? Why didn't you hop off your perch and criticize him for making a clearly inaccurate statement? :oldlol:

Killer_Instinct
08-03-2008, 12:36 AM
I hate all of you. :oldlol: Is all of this neccessary? Where does it lead, exactly?

Human Error
08-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Barkley was a Post Up Intimidator. Players Shot Over him usually from a Far
If you honestly believe that guys preferred going against Malone to going against Barkley, you're just so damn wrong and I don't know what to say. Malone was one of the strongest players in the NBA throught his career.

Please be realistic, kid. Barkley was a great player, but an idiotic fan like you could turn your favorite player a hatred figure. I know that you aren't old enough to actually have watched Barkley in his prime so you have to stop before it's too late, a 5 minutes' highlight clip at youtube can make any player look great. Even Jerome James.

C-Webb4
08-03-2008, 12:45 AM
If you honestly believe that guys preferred going against Malone to going against Barkley, you're just so damn wrong and I don't know what to say. Malone was one of the strongest players in the NBA throught his career.

Please be realistic, kid. Barkley was a great player, but an idiotic fan like you could turn your favorite player a hatred figure. I know that you aren't old enough to actually have watched Barkley in his prime so you have to stop before it's too late, a 5 minutes' highlight clip at youtube can make any player look great. Even Jerome James.
Exactly what I told him earlier in this thread. The guy doesn't even talk as if he watched the games, just some Barkley highlights. The more he talks the more I doubt he's any older than like 10-15 years old.

TmacsRockets
08-03-2008, 12:49 AM

Barkley has a top 50 finals performance and played against the GOAT while Kobe has played bad even with guys like Aaron Mckie on him who had a broken leg.

TmacsRockets
08-03-2008, 12:51 AM

Kobe has never shown he is the best. He doesn't perform in the finals and he doesn't have the best numbers.

gpfanz
08-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Jordan groupies are pathetic...:oldlol:

Kobe groupies r not? :oldlol:

tikay00
08-03-2008, 01:35 AM
the stats aren't what make him the best, its those oh damn did he just make that shot moments that make him the best. He makes those crucial shots in crunch time to keep his team in the game that you just know no one else can make consistnetly like he does. He has so many games where there's 3 minutes left both teams are tied or other team is up 2, and he keeps making those shots where the opposing coach is just like damn kobe!!!

iggy>
08-03-2008, 01:37 AM
this comparison is dumb. they are two totally different players.

iggy>
08-03-2008, 01:39 AM

someone who put up numbers and have no rings to show for it? theres plenty of them in the league right now, take your pick.

Lebron23
08-03-2008, 02:10 AM
Kobe will always be greater than Sir Charles.

SLY
08-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Barkley for sure

Jimmy2k8
08-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Barkley has a top 50 finals performance and played against the GOAT while Kobe has played bad even with guys like Aaron Mckie on him who had a broken leg.

Different story. Now where was Barkley in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, when the game was on the line?

TmacsRockets
08-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Different story. Now where was Barkley in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, when the game was on the line?

Barkley always lost to guys greater than him with HC Advantage. Kobe lost to guys who weren't even stars. Example Chauncey Billups.

Darius07
08-09-2008, 11:35 PM
I say Charles

Revolution!