PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: On Kidd getting benched....

PainDog
08-04-2008, 03:49 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0803/nba_g_kidd_580.jpg

By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

SHANGHAI, China -- Jason Kidd sat and watched the final 20 minutes of Team USA's friendly competition against Russia from the bench Sunday, his warm-ups never coming off.

Coach Mike Krzyzewski, when asked why he benched Kidd, was in the middle of answering during his postgame interview when Kobe Bryant interrupted with a two-word explanation: "He's old."

Krzyzewski said Kidd will be back in the starting lineup Tuesday night when the Americans play their final pre-Olympic exhibition game against Australia, but what will happen beyond that point is fair game for open speculation.

With Chris Paul and Deron Williams looking especially effective against Russia's zone defense, what we saw in Team USA's 89-68 victory over the reigning European champions could be an indication of what we'll see in the next couple of weeks.

J-Kidd could be done, or at least on his way to being marginalized. That's not the way he saw it, though.

"Coach wanted to get those guys more time. He wanted to see something different, get those guys into some situations," Kidd said. "I've seen everything, so I'm fine with it. I can use the rest. There's nothing to read into it."

Except there is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=USARussiaRecap-080802

Posts Penyeach
08-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Kidd shouldn't be there in the first place. Not that he doesn't quote "deserve" it. It's just that Team USA has no use for him whatsoever... he's sort of there on creds alone.

PainDog
08-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I mean with Paul and Williams on the team there isnt much place for Kidd...

Penny37
08-04-2008, 04:23 AM
Jason Kidd really isn't a good point guard against the zone.
He can't penetrate especially well, nor does he have a good outside shot.
His rebounding will definitely help the squad, though.

Mamba
08-04-2008, 04:26 AM
man its like espn is trying 2 start a fight in the USA team or trying 2 get a feel good story out of the best player.

espn and mass media on basketball is fkd!

Dbrog
08-04-2008, 04:45 AM
Honestly, I think if Coach K plays Kidd (too old), Bosh (isn't helping at all), Boozer (mediocre), Prince (out of place), and perhaps Redd (good shooter, bad everything else) a lot of minutes, we could definitely not get gold. Rotation should just be:

Paul/Williams/Kidd
Kobe/Wade/Redd
Melo/Bron/Prince
Bron/Melo/Bosh
Dwight/Boozer/Bosh

I basically think we should only play 7 players. Maybe throw some others in for very short intervals (10 mins or something).

PainDog
08-04-2008, 04:48 AM
I wouldn't trust either Williams or Paul in crunch time over Kidd.

They might be flashier, faster and better shooters, but experience will always outweigh that. Where was USA when we had the "greatest" athletes on this team? Yeah, almost 7 years of disappointment.

However, little kids will always say the same things... It's like those idiots that started watching NBA after AI crossed MJ a bit, or the ones that have never seen MJ play a game and they say that Kobe is a better player. Please...

Your baseless opinions on Kidd will never be taken seriously, just like ESPN's.

These games mean nothing. When the real games start, you'll see that Kidd won't be sitting on the bench during the end of games. For now, it's best for W and P to gain more experience.

You are being overly harsh.

I don

chains5000
08-04-2008, 05:13 AM
Honestly, I think if Coach K plays Kidd (too old), Bosh (isn't helping at all), Boozer (mediocre), Prince (out of place), and perhaps Redd (good shooter, bad everything else) a lot of minutes, we could definitely not get gold. Rotation should just be:

Paul/Williams/Kidd
Kobe/Wade/Redd
Melo/Bron/Prince
Bron/Melo/Bosh
Dwight/Boozer/Bosh

I basically think we should only play 7 players. Maybe throw some others in for very short intervals (10 mins or something).
So Boozer and Howard as the only bigs? Yeah, right

Dbrog
08-04-2008, 05:20 AM
So Boozer and Howard as the only bigs? Yeah, right

Well unfortunately it's all we have. Bosh plays like a SF.

final.wrath
08-04-2008, 05:33 AM
your baseless opinion on kidd means nothing

did you read the article? its not just his opinion its talking about how kidd is slower and not as effective against zone d

kentatm
08-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Until Sunday, Paul and Williams usually had been paired as the second unit's backcourt, with Williams playing shooting guard and Paul running the point. But Paul was the starter when the second 20 minutes began, and Williams was the most effective player on the court after the Russian team made a nice little run to cut a 20-point deficit in half, throwing the closest thing to a scare into the Americans as they've seen in their four games together thus far.

The scare went away quickly as the Americans turned up their defensive pressure and forced expatriate American J.R. Holden into an ill-advised shot and a turnover. (Williams came up with the steal.) Michael Redd then hit a pair of 3-pointers, the second in transition, to turn a 61-51 game into a 71-51 game.

uh, was this guy even paying attention to the game? Russia got back in it when Paul was teamed with Melo and both were acting like a screen door on a submarine. As soon as though two were taken out USA got its 20 point lead back. Paul was getting killed defensively by a guy that looked to be on par with Mike James at best.

iDunk
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
That kind of makes me sad for Kidd..

JPR
08-04-2008, 10:09 AM
it's times like these when it must suck to be a mavs fan...

TBurge
08-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Okay I don't see why the ESPN "experts" are writing about Team USA and the Point Guard situation. Let it handle itself. Jason Kidd is a professional and probably doesn't even care if he plays more than 5 minutes.

What Chris Sheridan and John Hollinger should be writing about is a detailed scouting report of the European teams. What is the biggest strength of Team Argentina and Spain? Who is the darkhouse candidate to hurt us ala Sarunas Jasekevicius? Get to scouting.

B'Oneal
08-04-2008, 10:55 AM

Paul/Williams/Kidd
Kobe/Wade/Redd
Melo/Bron/Prince
Bron/Melo/Bosh
Dwight/Boozer/Bosh

lol at bosh not helping at all....maybe because the coach doesn't run plays for any of the bigs...

TBurge
08-04-2008, 10:58 AM
The one thing I don't understand is why we recruit big men who CAN score. Since were obviously going to go with a guard-orientated offense why don't we get players who defend at the C and PF position? Dwight Howard is definitely a good defender but Boozer and Bosh are far from good defenders, there actually pretty mediocre.

And whoever said Michael Redd, Prince, Boozer, and Bosh are worthless. Watch more basketball, and you'll realize Boozer, Bosh, Prince and Redd are here to fill ROLES.

B'Oneal
08-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Coach K on Bosh after the Russia game

BIZARRO
08-04-2008, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=PainDog]You are being overly harsh.

[B]I don

TBurge
08-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Kidd still brings leadership to Team USA. I would rather have him sitting on the bench than at home on his couch. And IMO Paul and Williams are both better "skill-wise" than Kidd ever was. They have Kidd's passing ability along with scoring. At one point Kidd may have had the "intangibles" Paul and Williams don't have but it's obvious those two are beginning to show them.

gpfanz
08-04-2008, 11:08 AM
He can make 3s

juju151111
08-04-2008, 11:09 AM
I am absolutely questioning it. Not only am I questioning it; I am answering it.

He has NO offensive game. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. CRAP. AWFUL. Playing 4 on 5 when he is in the game. He's OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD.

Starting to slow down? His stats are like 1, 2, and 1. BRUTAL!!!

Taken like 2 shots in 50 MINUTES of play. Has 4 ASSISTS in the tourney so far!! YOU COULD STEP ON THE FLOOR and have more assists playing with these players.

At the moment you, I don't think you could say he is beter than Paul and Williams? To even make this sentence up is insane. He doesn't belong in the same paragraph with Paul or Williams currently, let alone the same sentence.

I am hoping that one day the Jason Kidd overrating delusionists one day wake up on here. He is and always has been THE most overrated player on ISH.

Don't get me wrong, he used to be very good. LONG, LONG, LONG time past.

He can't play dead now.
yep and he TO the ball alot.

elz
08-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Kidd shouldn't be there in the first place. Not that he doesn't quote "deserve" it. It's just that Team USA has no use for him whatsoever... he's sort of there on creds alone.

Not true

You have 2 remember where Chris Paul and Deron were when they assembled this team. Kidd was the obvious starter at moment in time.

Had they known then, how good those 2 would be now. Kidd may be taking some much needed offseason rest. Which since he already has a gold medal he prolly wouldn't mind. Plus another Big would be added to the roster.

Reality is against a zone, Kidd is pretty much useless which is why Espn is overeacting because their dying for some controversy from this USA Team.
They want a story and they know no one gives a sht if USA wins which is more than likely so their turning their attention elsewhere.

Writters & Analyst want this team to fail or not get along so they can run wild with related topics and articles.

ihatetimthomas
08-04-2008, 11:28 AM
His experience playing these big olympic games is what Kidd will bring the most. I think Deron should be the starter bc he is big enough for international guards. But it is true, Kidd has noticably slowed down. But to say he doesnt deserve or need to be on the team is laughable. He is the one guy with playoff gold experience.

omarnyc
08-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't trust either Williams or Paul in crunch time over Kidd.

They might be flashier, faster and better shooters, but experience will always outweigh that. Where was USA when we had the "greatest" athletes on this team? Yeah, almost 7 years of disappointment.

However, little kids will always say the same things... It's like those idiots that started watching NBA after AI crossed MJ a bit, or the ones that have never seen MJ play a game and they say that Kobe is a better player. Please...

Your baseless opinions on Kidd will never be taken seriously, just like ESPN's.

These games mean nothing. When the real games start, you'll see that Kidd won't be sitting on the bench during the end of games. For now, it's best for W and P to gain more experience.

i would trust deron williams, dude is a solid floor leader and a much better player then kidd right now and so is cp, even though i have seen him get rattled a couple times in international play

omarnyc
08-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I am absolutely questioning it. Not only am I questioning it; I am answering it.

He has NO offensive game. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. CRAP. AWFUL. Playing 4 on 5 when he is in the game. He's OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD.

Taken like 2 shots in 50 MINUTES of play. Has 4 ASSISTS in the tourney so far!! YOU COULD STEP ON THE FLOOR and have more assists playing with these players.

At the moment you, I don't think you could say he is beter than Paul and Williams? To even make this sentence up is insane. He doesn't belong in the same paragraph with Paul or Williams currently, let alone the same sentence.

I am hoping that one day the Jason Kidd overrating delusionists one day wake up on here. He is and always has been THE most overrated player on ISH.

He can't play dead now.

damn yo i thought i was the only person on this board to think kidd is one of the most overated players of all time

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
08-04-2008, 11:43 AM

He can't play dead now.

Kidd does not need to score on this team. it is loaded.

his job is to bring the ball upcourt, set up the plays (even if he only gets the hockey assist), rebound, push the ball in the open court, and be a mental leader.

those who disregard the mental aspect of the game clearly have never played at any organized level of play before. merely armchair athletes.

Y2Gezee
08-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Kidd is still a key cog for this team. He is essential for the chemistry here on this team, and a leader for the guys and leads the unselfish movement. Last summer while he wasn't amazing statistically, anyone who watched the games could see how awesome he was in running the offense and helping to lead the D. He's the only guy on the team that doesn't care if he takes a shot the whole tournament, and maybe the only one that could be very effective without doing so. I still trust him more defensively than either other younger pg, and I certainly trust him to move the ball better than what's Paul been doing.

And I don't see the big deal in not playing a 35yo player in a tune up game. How the hell do people just automatically believe its over for him?

Showtime
08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
WTF? The guy is still a good defender in international play, and he's still got great court vision for the fastbreaks that make Team USA so effective. He's a good pace PG, and his offensive deficiencies aren't significant on this team. He may not be a top PG in the league for what he can't do, but that doesn't matter on this squad.

Copperhead
08-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I think Sheridan might be reading too much into it. Although there is a poll on ESPN right now and Kidd is leading in who should be getting the least amount of PT between the 3 pgs. I think Coach K will let Kidd continue starting. But just because he's starting doesn't mean he'll get the bulk of the minutes.

kentatm
08-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I think Sheridan might be reading too much into it. Although there is a poll on ESPN right now and Kidd is leading in who should be getting the least amount of PT between the 3 pgs.

I'm betting 90% of the people voting on the poll haven't even seen one full tune up game.

DKLaker
08-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Kidd shouldn't be there!!!! In international ball you have to be able to shoot the ball...especially from the guard positions......he's our worst shooter!!!

Cangri
08-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Because basketball is all about shooting.:hammerhead: There are 5 players at a given time on the field. I'm guessing that you haven't even seen a USA game yet this year.

Watch one, and see how Kidd sets up the offense. A lot of plays, Kidd will be the one passing to the one getting the assist. It's like he can predict the future.
The other teams KNOW Kidd isn't a threat in the offense so they don't have to worry about him which will result in double teaming other players. And from what I've seen in ALL games so far, Kidd has been the least effective PG in setting up the offense.

AppleNader
08-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Seriously, you guys are reading WAY too much into this.

The entire point of bringing Kidd on was to provide veteran leadership and FIBA experience. He was NEVER expected or asked to play any significant minutes, not during the 07 Qualifiers or the 08 Olympics. He averaged about 10 minutes a game during the qualifiers. I would expect him to average even fewer during the Olympics. His job was to start the game, set the tone for the team, and be a teacher for the young point guards.

So basically, what the hell is the big deal?

As long as we've got Kidd setting the tone, teaching Deron, and having Deron play the big minutes at point guard, we should be fine at that position.

Younggrease
08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Seriously, you guys are reading WAY too much into this.

The entire point of bringing Kidd on was to provide veteran leadership and FIBA experience. He was NEVER expected or asked to play any significant minutes, not during the 07 Qualifiers or the 08 Olympics. He averaged about 10 minutes a game during the qualifiers. I would expect him to average even fewer during the Olympics. His job was to start the game, set the tone for the team, and be a teacher for the young point guards.

So basically, what the hell is the big deal?

As long as we've got Kidd setting the tone, teaching Deron, and having Deron play the big minutes at point guard, we should be fine at that position.

Thing is that Coach K seems to think Paul is better then Deron for the team.

Anti404
08-04-2008, 05:52 PM
In my opinion, Deron is better. Of course, I'm no coach, but I think his shooting ability, something important in INTL play, is far superior to Paul's.

Darius07
08-04-2008, 06:01 PM
i honestly don't see why paul is even here. Ithought we were better off last year with kidd williams and Billups.

demons2005
08-04-2008, 07:06 PM
I've been saying htis for years Paul just doesn't belong on this team he is not effective at all without NBA refs. Anyone who has actually watched basketball for the past couple years knows Deron is the better player, but Paul's game seems to attract the dumb fans who think flash is more important than winning. I think this team would be better off with Deron getting 30 minutes and Kidd getting 10. Paul is way way overrated, as evidenced by Deron outplaying him badly in the Russia game.

Jasper
08-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Kidd is still a key cog for this team. He is essential for the chemistry here on this team, and a leader for the guys and leads the unselfish movement. Last summer while he wasn't amazing statistically, anyone who watched the games could see how awesome he was in running the offense and helping to lead the D. He's the only guy on the team that doesn't care if he takes a shot the whole tournament, and maybe the only one that could be very effective without doing so. I still trust him more defensively than either other younger pg, and I certainly trust him to move the ball better than what's Paul been doing.

And I don't see the big deal in not playing a 35yo player in a tune up game. How the hell do people just automatically believe its over for him?
---Ditto
IF the USA Team brings back the GOLD , Kidd was a part of it .
This isn't the NBA , any player on a Olympic team that gets a metal contributed PERIOD>
Kidd is there for a on the floor leader with past experience. I don't care if he scores a point as long as the US team brings back the GOLD.
These posts writting off Kidd have no idea what happens in practice as well as in the locker room with a veteran like Kidd assisting 'newby's how to play the International game'

AppleNader
08-04-2008, 07:39 PM

He can't play dead now.

no offense, but posts like this just show how stat-obsessive you are. You have absolutely no understanding of what J-Kidd brings to this team, nor do you even know the backstory on why Mike K wanted him on the roster in the first place.

All you care about is stats. Stats without context. Stats without the big picture.

This is the worst type of mindset.

BIZARRO
08-04-2008, 08:13 PM
no offense, but posts like this just show how stat-obsessive you are. You have absolutely no understanding of what J-Kidd brings to this team, nor do you even know the backstory on why Mike K wanted him on the roster in the first place.

All you care about is stats. Stats without context. Stats without the big picture.

This is the worst type of mindset.

Wrong. Yes, his stats do suck. But I've watched the games and he has sucked too.

You can take your Coach K backstory and your big picture and your mindset and go to the back of the room with all the other delusional J-Kidd overraters.

I swear, Jason Kidd has drugged 1/3 of the posters on ISH.

He doesn't belong on the team. He can't play dead anymore, stats or not. Period.

DuMa
08-04-2008, 08:16 PM
paul has outplayed the rest of the pgs on this team. but kidd is still useful, i love watching him and lebron operate the fastbreak when given the opportunity

Jasper
08-04-2008, 08:32 PM
paul has outplayed the rest of the pgs on this team. but kidd is still useful, i love watching him and lebron operate the fastbreak when given the opportunity
no stats for that - other than making the team better !!!

AppleNader
08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Wrong. Yes, his stats do suck. But I've watched the games and he has sucked too.

You can take your Coach K backstory and your big picture and your mindset and go to the back of the room with all the other delusional J-Kidd overraters.

I swear, Jason Kidd has drugged 1/3 of the posters on ISH.

He doesn't belong on the team. He can't play dead anymore, stats or not. Period.

Nobody is overrating him. And the fact that you just admitted that you don't want anything to do with understanding why he was selected, or what he is bringing to the younger point guards shows how absolutely ludicrous your argument is.

It's actually a very simple concept. If you understand why he was asked to be on the team by Mike K and if you understand what Mike K specifically asked Kidd to bring to the team, you wouldn't have a problem with it. Unfortunately for you, however, you admit to not caring about those reason's, and clearly favor stats without context.

Like I said, very poor mindset to have.

BIZARRO
08-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Nobody is overrating him. And the fact that you just admitted that you don't want anything to do with understanding why he was selected, or what he is bringing to the younger point guards shows how absolutely ludicrous your argument is.

Complete BS. He has been the most overrated player on ISH for a long time as me and a few other posters on this thread have pointed out.

And yes, I could care less why he was selected. You tell me, is it to teach them how to hit their wive's multiple times, or is it to teach them how to bicker with coaches, or teach them how to argue with management, all of which Kidd has done his whole career.

A lot of guys are better role models. All he is teaching Williams and Paul how to do is to have graciousness when they destroy a washed up, overrated, 35 year old guy in practice who shouldn't be there.

Saying Jason Kidd is there to be a role model is like saying Jason Voorhees is there to help the homeless.

And that has nothing to do with the fact that he can't play dead now either.

Give me a guy who CAN PLAY every time.

AppleNader
08-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Complete BS. He has been the most overrated player on ISH for a long time as me and a few other posters on this thread have pointed out.

And yes, I could care less why he was selected. You tell me, is it to teach them how to hit their wive's multiple times, or is it to teach them how to bicker with coaches, or teach them how to argue with management, all of which Kidd has done his whole career.

I'm sorry, but you really need to look at what you are typing. You just admitted again to deliberately ignoring context, and rather bring up off-topic, irrelevant anecdotes?:oldlol: Has Kidd ever had a problem leading Team USA in 2000, 2003, 2007, and now 2008? No.

Mike K specifically asked him to be on the team. The players specifically asked him to be on the team, and rave about how much better he makes them all. Jerry C specifically wanted him on the team.

All he is teaching Williams and Paul how to do is to have graciousness when they destroy a washed up, overrated, 35 year old guy in practice who shouldn't be there.

You see, the thing is, if you actually watch USA basketball interviews, practices, read practice reports, and the such, you would know firsthand that this is complete BS. The difference is that if you educate yourself, you wouldn't have to resort to such base-less gibberish. I know you hate Kidd, but arguments like these just go to show how much you like to make immature arguments.

All Deron and CP3 talk about is how much they are learning the international game from Kidd.

Now please, try to make an argument that is on-topic without:

1)resorting to trying to use his lack of stats as a justification.
2)making immature, exaggerated anecdotes

BIZARRO
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry, but you really need to look at what you are typing. You just admitted again to deliberately ignoring context, and rather bring up off-topic, irrelevant anecdotes?:oldlol: Has Kidd ever had a problem leading Team USA in 2000, 2003, 2007, and now 2008? No.

Mike K specifically asked him to be on the team. The players specifically asked him to be on the team, and rave about how much better he makes them all. Jerry C specifically wanted him on the team.

You see, the thing is, if you actually watch USA basketball interviews, practices, read practice reports, and the such, you would know firsthand that this is complete BS. The difference is that if you educate yourself, you wouldn't have to resort to such base-less gibberish. I know you hate Kidd, but arguments like these just go to show how much you like to make immature arguments.

All Deron and CP3 talk about is how much they are learning the international game from Kidd.

Now please, try to make an argument that is on-topic without resorting to trying to use his lack of stats as a justification.

You sir, are a Jason Kidd apologist.

And you keep avoiding the fact that he can't play dead.

It's okay, as long as he withers on the bench, I have no problem with why he was selected. WHICH THEY WOULD TAKE BACK TODAY IF THEY COULD.

BIZARRO
08-04-2008, 09:01 PM

All Deron and CP3 talk about is how much they are learning the international game from Kidd.Now please, try to make an argument that is on-topic without:

1)resorting to trying to use his lack of stats as a justification.
2)making immature, exaggerated anecdotes

Everything in bold is a complete exaageration or is false.

*LeBron*23*
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I dont really see a purpose for Jason Kidd being on USA team. He is just taking time out of talented CP3 AND D-Will. I could one day maybe see Kidd as a coach though.

AppleNader
08-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Everything in bold is a complete exaageration or is false.

Please, I am still asking. Post a rebuttal that consists of facts backed up with correct context, and correct background.

Please don't waste people's time with one-liners, irrelevant anecdotes, or statements like what you just made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n43vQjcnlvo

http://www.nba.com/usabasketball2008/points_20080804.html

http://www.nba.com/usabasketball/williams_070815.html

You sir, are a Jason Kidd apologist.

Wrong. Read my first response I made in this thread. I specifically outlined the reason why the entire coaching staff and the players wanted him on the team. I also specifically stated that he was never expected or asked to play significant minutes. I outlined his entire role on the team and explained it. It's unfortunate people like you can't read or make quality rebuttals without resorting to irrelevant one-liners.

mark
08-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Kidd has not at all delivered as an NBA star, or even player. He has done horrible for the Mavs, and he is the reason that Avery got fired.
Happens all of the time, aging NBA players with big names, don't get the recognition or play that they THINK that they deserve, and there goes the coach, ala Phoenix and Shaq.
It is miserable, NBA politics. Avery did nothing, except was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Kidd has no business playing for a playoffs competing NBA team -- he is too old and slow.
He should spend some more time working out his divorce.
Baron Davis is a billion times better than Kidd, and he is not on the team.
I would much rather see Marbury play over Kidd.
Kidd cannot defend, score, or pass anymore.

MastahX
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM

Have you watched any of the games? Deron has played the best PG so far, hands down.

Chris is getting exposed, even though he is top notch talent. Deron will plug more minutes than Kidd or Chris when this is all said and done.

omarnyc
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
jason kidd has NEVER been as good as paul and williams

Darius07
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
Kidd has not at all delivered as an NBA star, or even player. He has done horrible for the Mavs, and he is the reason that Avery got fired.
Happens all of the time, aging NBA players with big names, don't get the recognition or play that they THINK that they deserve, and there goes the coach, ala Phoenix and Shaq.
It is miserable, NBA politics. Avery did nothing, except was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Kidd has no business playing for a playoffs competing NBA team -- he is too old and slow.
He should spend some more time working out his divorce.
Baron Davis is a billion times better than Kidd, and he is not on the team.
I would much rather see Marbury play over Kidd.
Kidd cannot defend, score, or pass anymore.
Is it Kidds fault or is it Avery's fault for being a dumb**** and not coaching his team correctly? This has nothing to do with the Nba. In International ball J kidd has proved time and TIME again that he's a winner and a LEADER. Jason kidd is the foundation of this team. We have enough lebrons and kobe's and wades. Kidd brings the intangibles to the team that someone like Baron just would not.

rocfan1
08-04-2008, 10:56 PM
who is this clown saying chris paul has outplayed deron!!LOL

that guy hasn't watched any of the games!! Deron williams is clearly the better choice for international play and will get more minutes just based on the fact hes been attacking the zone off the ball with ease and nearly playing lock down defense!!

I'm not suprised Kidd got benched I mean did anyone really think kidd was going to start over Deron and Chris come bejing!?

kidd role on this team is to groom Deron & Chris and thats what he's doing

Glo41
08-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Chris Paul is getting torched on the defensive end and is overdribbling most times on offense. Maybe some of his highlights so far have gotten into some people or something.

Why's people making such a big deal about Jason Kidd being benched in the 2nd half anyways? The guy is 35 years old and its just an exhibition game, JKidd is being really underrated here now. Sure he ain't as good as before but he still brings so much to the table besides scoring.

BIZARRO
08-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Chris Paul is getting torched on the defensive end and is overdribbling most times on offense. Maybe some of his highlights so far have gotten into some people or something.

Why's people making such a big deal about Jason Kidd being benched in the 2nd half anyways? The guy is 35 years old and its just an exhibition game, JKidd is being really underrated here now. Sure he ain't as good as before but he still brings so much to the table besides scoring.

Sure like those 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 0 blocks per game. :rolleyes:

The only thing underrated around here is the overrating of Jason Kidd.

Once again, he can't play dead anymore.

Look at the team stats, it is the rest, and then his HORRIBLE play at the bottom.

bdreason
08-05-2008, 02:13 AM
Kidd has looked better than Paul.

Paul has looked like a shell of his NBA self.

I'm not sure what games you guys are watching.

oh and Deron is the best PG on the team for International play.

It should go:

Kidd starts, Deron plays most the game, Paul gets middle minutes.

Glo41
08-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Sure like those 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 0 blocks per game. :rolleyes:

The only thing underrated around here is the overrating of Jason Kidd.

Once again, he can't play dead anymore.

Look at the team stats, it is the rest, and then his HORRIBLE play at the bottom.

So you think stats prove everything in a game? Intangibles come to mind? Please man watch the game, its clear Jason Kidd does other things that don't go on the stat sheet.

I'm not saying he's still better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams because he's far from that now, but he's still the perfect point guard to feed all the great players on this USA team. We all know Jason Kidd usually keeps all his teammates happy with the way he plays...except for maybe his wife.:)

mark
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Kidd should retire, he has zero talent left, or athleticism.

bleachersown
08-05-2008, 11:05 AM
And a better time to be a Nets fan

BIZARRO
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
So you think stats prove everything in a game? Intangibles come to mind? Please man watch the game, its clear Jason Kidd does other things that don't go on the stat sheet.

I'm not saying he's still better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams because he's far from that now, but he's still the perfect point guard to feed all the great players on this USA team. We all know Jason Kidd usually keeps all his teammates happy with the way he plays...except for maybe his wife.:)

Read the post below you; his game is through. Stats don't prove everything, but in this case they tell a lot. Namely he can't play dead anymore.

Sicknote
08-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Kidd has looked better than Paul.

Paul has looked like a shell of his NBA self.

I'm not sure what games you guys are watching.

oh and Deron is the best PG on the team for International play.

It should go:

Kidd starts, Deron plays most the game, Paul gets middle minutes.

Repped.

Xiao Yao You
08-05-2008, 11:12 PM
i thought i was the only person on this board to think kidd is one of the most overated players of all time

I'm with you. For a guy that's never been able to shoot he's liked to do a lot of it.