PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Why does Antoine Walker shoot so many three pointers?

Jimmy2k8
08-08-2008, 10:22 PM
The, "Because there are no 4's" jokes aside...why does Antoine Walker shoot so many damn three pointers?

For his whole entire career, he's shot like 4,264 three pointers...while shooting 32% 3-fg percent from the field.

Does he shoot these threes because it's entertaining? Does he shoot the threes to gain damn attention?

Good grief...he thinks he's a sg, when he's not.

Antoine Walker, you're not a Ray Allen type shooter. :no:

Jordandunk23
08-08-2008, 10:28 PM
cant tell him sht... i know somebody sometime in plenty occasion somebody has told him to stop shooting.... he suks at driving to the rim imo (in actually making the layup), and he never focused his game on the post...

InspiredLebowski
08-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Because he's a ****ing lazy idiot. If it weren't for guaranteed contracts he'd of been outta the league years ago.

dr8ked
08-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Lack of skills comes to mind, i think thats he's best move. . :confusedshrug:

iamgine
08-08-2008, 10:43 PM
He's a shooter, just not too good (still decent though). If you're a shooter, you will shoot.

If you're a shooter you'll understand.

brantonli
08-08-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't really know, but I read an article where a Heat trainer said that the problem with Antoine was that when he played basketball, he played basketball, he didn't focus on anything very specific, no specific drills, so my guess is that he just liked shooting and sucked at everythin else so became a shooter.

AllenIverson3
08-08-2008, 11:00 PM
why the **** do u care how many 3's he shoots? wut he has to ask u first if he can shoot so many three's? He can do wutever he wants! And besides, shooting 3's is fun!

72-10
08-09-2008, 12:55 AM
He's a shotjacker. By the way, Kobe isn't much better from the arc.

brwnman
08-09-2008, 12:57 AM
why the **** do u care how many 3's he shoots? wut he has to ask u first if he can shoot so many three's? He can do wutever he wants! And besides, shooting 3's is fun!

AI sucks. If it weren't for guaranteed contracts, he'd be out of the league...

Killer_Instinct
08-09-2008, 12:57 AM
This thread will turn into a Kobe-one soon....

Scott Pippen
08-09-2008, 01:01 AM
This thread will turn into a Kobe-one soon....

disagree:no:

Godfather
08-09-2008, 01:04 AM
AI sucks. If it weren't for guaranteed contracts, he'd be out of the league...

If it were not for cheating the

http://www.ducksportsnews.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/patriots_spygate_logo.gif

would have never won a Super Bowl.

brwnman
08-09-2008, 01:18 AM
If it were not for cheating the

http://www.ducksportsnews.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/patriots_spygate_logo.gif

would have never won a Super Bowl.

:oldlol: keep telling yourself that...

Godfather
08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
:oldlol: keep telling yourself that...

And keep telling yourself The Answer sucks. :oldlol:

brwnman
08-09-2008, 01:30 AM
And keep telling yourself The Answer sucks. :oldlol:

It's not my actual belief, it's just that the poster made a really idiotic and unnecessary comment, so i'm poking fun at him. But you wouldn't get that sarcasm...

VCMVP1551
08-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Antoine Walker 3 point attempts per game

2000-2001 7.4 3PA
2001-2002 8.0 3PA
2002-2003 7.5 3PA

Godfather
08-09-2008, 01:33 AM
It's not my actual belief, it's just that the poster made a really idiotic and unnecessary comment, so i'm poking fun at him. But you wouldn't get that sarcasm...

The OP question is idiotic and unnecessary.

Also, I am not being sarcastic with my spygate comment.

72-10
08-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Antoine Walker 3 point attempts per game

2000-2001 7.4 3PA
2001-2002 8.0 3PA
2002-2003 7.5 3PA

Those Celtics teams he played on with Pierce also set NBA team records for most 3 attempts.

brwnman
08-09-2008, 01:40 AM
The OP question is idiotic and unnecessary.

Also, I am not being sarcastic with my spygate comment.

So you think a comment like this

is within line? Sorry, but I think that is a really sh!tty post, and these are the types of posts that bring this forum down. That post does nothing but to provoke a rather useless argument...

Godfather
08-09-2008, 01:43 AM
So you think a comment like this

is within line? Sorry, but I think that is a really sh!tty post, and these are the types of posts that bring this forum down. That post does nothing but to provoke a rather useless argument...

Of course that is a shitty post. I read your comment and immediatly identified as another idiotic statement (did not realise it was sarcasm :banghead:).

power works
08-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Cause chicks dig the long ball. :pimp:

brwnman
08-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Of course that is a shitty post. I read your comment and immediatly identified as another idiotic statement (did not realise it was sarcasm :banghead:).
Come on. You seriously think I believe AI cannot cut it in this league? Especially after the season he had last year, he was amazing. But okay, whatever, yea. Sarcasm. Cool...

Jordandunk23
08-09-2008, 02:11 AM
He's a shooter, just not too good (still decent though). If you're a shooter, you will shoot.

If you're a shooter you'll understand.

thats the thing though you said it yourself, if your a shooter youll keep shooting, but he never was a good shooter so he had no right to fire away like ray allen, allan houston, and such....

gasolina
08-09-2008, 04:58 AM
He was pretty undersized at PF when he came out of college. Then his knees gave out and couldn't jump much higher. He also got pretty fat in the midsection.

He was a scorer and would find a way to score. Also, he was playing for JOB's bombs away offense.

Resurrection
08-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Because there are NO 4-pointers!

Heretik32
08-09-2008, 06:36 AM
I don't really know, but I read an article where a Heat trainer said that the problem with Antoine was that when he played basketball, he played basketball, he didn't focus on anything very specific, no specific drills, so my guess is that he just liked shooting and sucked at everythin else so became a shooter.

Funny thing is that the opposite is true. Walker actually has (or had) an excellent all-around skillset. He just chose to chuck instead.

VCMVP1551
08-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Funny thing is that the opposite is true. Walker actually has (or had) an excellent all-around skillset. He just chose to chuck instead.

Yeah he actually averaged 22.4 ppg and 10.2 rpg in his second season and actually didn't take many 3's that season. He also played as a point forward averaging over 5 assists for a couple of seasons. His FG% was always embarrassing though.

Lebron23
08-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Yeah he actually averaged 22.4 ppg and 10.2 rpg in his second season and actually didn't take many 3's that season. He also played as a point forward averaging over 5 assists for a couple of seasons. His FG% was always embarrassing though.

and a former 4X NBA all star i remember the announcer calling him as the Black Larry Bird in his Sophomore Season.

El Kabong
08-09-2008, 08:01 AM
I remember around 98, 99, Rick Pitino was talking about him wanting Walker to develop a Karl Malone-esque game and rely less on the 3 pointers. That obviously worked out very well.

305Baller
08-09-2008, 08:56 AM
When are they going to make a 4 point line? Will Walker be out of the league completely by then?

Make it happen Stern.

Mathius
08-09-2008, 12:00 PM

I was waiting for someone with a little bit of history, or intelligence, or just willing to take the 5 seconds to look up his stats to chime in instead of all these morons saying he has no post game, no offensive skill set, etc.

Walker was one of the most dominating players in the league for a good 5 years after he entered the league. He was a triple double threat night in and night out.

He was an extremely dangerous triple threat player, and had great post moves. No one knew for sure if he was going to be a SF or a PF when he came into the league, and he actually spent a lot of time at C his first year in the league.

He was a really great player for a while, and then just turned into a chucker. I don't know the explanation for it, but at this point in his career I don't think he's going to revert back and if he did, he's too old to put up the numbers he used to.

Mathius

gpfanz
08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Nobody guards the 3?

VCMVP1551
08-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I was waiting for someone with a little bit of history, or intelligence, or just willing to take the 5 seconds to look up his stats to chime in instead of all these morons saying he has no post game, no offensive skill set, etc.

Walker was one of the most dominating players in the league for a good 5 years after he entered the league. He was a triple double threat night in and night out.

He was an extremely dangerous triple threat player, and had great post moves. No one knew for sure if he was going to be a SF or a PF when he came into the league, and he actually spent a lot of time at C his first year in the league.

He was a really great player for a while, and then just turned into a chucker. I don't know the explanation for it, but at this point in his career I don't think he's going to revert back and if he did, he's too old to put up the numbers he used to.

Mathius

He made a valuable contribution to Miami's 2006 championship team as well. Scored a lot off the bench, didn't chuck that much and made some big shots.

PistonsFan#21
02-15-2015, 11:08 PM
The, "Because there are no 4's" jokes aside...why does Antoine Walker shoot so many damn three pointers?

For his whole entire career, he's shot like 4,264 three pointers...while shooting 32% 3-fg percent from the field.

Does he shoot these threes because it's entertaining? Does he shoot the threes to gain damn attention?

Good grief...he thinks he's a sg, when he's not.

Antoine Walker, you're not a Ray Allen type shooter. :no:

because there are no 4s