PDA

View Full Version : I thought Kobe was a zone buster?

Pages : [1] 2

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I keep hearing about how great of a shooter this guy is but for some reason he hasn't been able to hit a wide open shot for his life in these olympic/pre olympic games.:confusedshrug:

hotsizzle
08-10-2008, 12:13 PM
you're right, kobe is not a good shooter and he cant drive to the basket that well anymore either. hes a very average offensive player.

Kobe24
08-10-2008, 12:14 PM
LOL! One bad game and now Kobe is trash. Awesome. Kids...

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Kobe = great streak shooter

Kobe is not a great shooter though.

Manute for Ever!
08-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Kobe started off a little slow, but overall I think he had a decent game. He knocked down his share of long balls.

Kobe24
08-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Kobe = great streak shooter

Kobe is not a great shooter though.

Agreed. Kobe = 3rd tier superstar. Mike Miller>Kobe.

juju151111
08-10-2008, 12:18 PM
hey ur on ISH.Only today counts.A guy could have 100 pts in 81 gms out of the season, but if he goes 1-14 in the 82nd gm he complete thrash.Cp3 had one bad olympic gm and they are killing him.

EricForman
08-10-2008, 12:19 PM
I really don't get how and why Kobe gets these unanimous decision that he is the best player, hands down, in the world.

I mean he has a case for that but Lebron has to be right up there in the discussion.

Lebron has simply been more impressive than Kobe for almost all of the calendar year 2008. Outplayed Kobe head to head, performed better in the playoffs when it matters (stepped up against Boston in a way Kobe didn't), and on Team USA Lebron does EVERYTHING. He blocks shots, he hits threes, he attacks the rim.

I mean really, I have no idea why people think there is this space between Kobe and the 2nd best player in the world.

DuMa
08-10-2008, 12:19 PM
We also thought Kobe was the MVP

hotsizzle
08-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I really don't get how and why Kobe gets these unanimous decision that he is the best player, hands down, in the world.

I mean he has a case for that but Lebron has to be right up there in the discussion.

Lebron has simply been more impressive than Kobe for almost all of the calendar year 2008. Outplayed Kobe head to head, performed better in the playoffs when it matters (stepped up against Boston in a way Kobe didn't), and on Team USA Lebron does EVERYTHING. He blocks shots, he hits threes, he attacks the rim.

I mean really, I have no idea why people think there is this space between Kobe and the 2nd best player in the world.

Lebron didnt have a better playoffs than Kobe. But you're right overall, you can make a case for either of them...the gap, if there even is one, is very slim

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 12:28 PM

Im not basing this just off of one game though.

Kobe24
08-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Im not basing this just off of one game though.

Yes you are or else you wouldn't have made this topic right after the game where he shot badly. :rolleyes:

Da KO King
08-10-2008, 12:31 PM

Kobe does a better job of promoting his work ethic than LeBron does.

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes you are or else you wouldn't have made this topic right after the game where he shot badly. :rolleyes:

did you watch any of the pre olympic games?

Kobe24
08-10-2008, 12:34 PM

So you're basing this off... hmmm 5 games?

:oldlol:

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Lebron didnt have a better playoffs than Kobe. But you're right overall, you can make a case for either of them...the gap, if there even is one, is very slim

Yes he did. Bron came through and dropped 40+ in Game 7, and had a monster Game 6 against the Celts. Kobe didn't. I'm sorry but series clinching games matter the most, and because of that you can't give the nod to Kobe for this year's playoffs against Bron.

KeylessEntry
08-10-2008, 12:35 PM

Have you watched any NBA games during the past 3 years? You are right, Kobe sucks at shooting

:rolleyes:

hotsizzle
08-10-2008, 12:36 PM
We also thought Kobe was the MVP

yes because MVPs are now determined by olympic games. go look up how mj shot on the dream team, guess he was no mvp either.

people need to not invest too much time in numbers, especially in these olympic games.

Lebron23
08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Kobe is the best SG on team USA, but he needs to stop taking some bad shoots in this tournament.

Resurrection
08-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Yes he did. Bron came through and dropped 40+ in Game 7, and had a monster Game 6 against the Celts. Kobe didn't. I'm sorry but series clinching games matter the most, and because of that you can't give the nod to Kobe for this year's playoffs against Bron.

Other than Game 7, LeBron didn't do sh!t in the playoffs. Get your head out of his ass! :rolleyes:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 12:38 PM

he is. :confusedshrug:

hotsizzle
08-10-2008, 12:39 PM

i think kobe's performances against the west were greater and made his playoffs more impressive. they both ended up falling to the celts, had pretty similar numbers...only lebron put up a better fight (although i think his only good game was game 7, maybe game 5 too?); kobe in his previous 3 series was spectacular though..and i dont think that should be totally forgotten

Kobe24
08-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Kobe is the best SG on team USA, but he needs to stop taking some bad shoots in this tournament.

Kobe didn't even take a lot bad shots this game. Out of 14 shots attempted, he probably had 3 bad shots. May I remind you that contested shots are not bad shots. For the most part, he took good wide open shots that didn't fall.

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Have you watched any NBA games during the past 3 years? You are right, Kobe sucks at shooting

:rolleyes:

Did watch Kobe against the Celtics when they let him shoot all day from the perimeter?:confusedshrug: Remember, people said the reason why Kobe would do better against the Celtics in the Finals was because of his elite shooting ability. Like I said, Kobe is a great streak shooter when he's hot but outside of that, he's pretty normal. Listeing to some people on here you would think Kobe shoots like Nash and Ray Allen:rolleyes:

konex
08-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Team USA's spacing is quite poor since teams aren't playing Kidd for the shot. Hell, does he even take shots? Maybe it's time to start Deron. That would give Kobe more room to operate and use his mid-range game. He is not a "force it to the hoop" player and will jack up a 3 instead of going in a congested lane. He is confident in his jumper. Maybe too confident..

Jimmy2k8
Original poster is obviously biased against Kobe.

Indian guy
Michael Redd is the only true shooter on this team and I can't understand why he isn't on the floor more. Kobe's a good shooter, but he's not helping himself by taking quick, long 3s. That's never been his game. Might wanna take a dribble or 2 inside and pull up for 18-20 footers.

hotsizzle
08-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Did watch Kobe against the Celtics when they let him shoot all day from the perimeter?:confusedshrug: Remember, people said the reason why Kobe would do better against the Celtics in the Finals was because of his elite shooting ability. Like I said, Kobe is a great streak shooter when he's hot but outside of that, he's pretty normal. Listeing to some people on here you would think Kobe shoots like Nash and Ray Allen:rolleyes:

they let kobe shoot all day from the perimeter? selective memory i guess

Godfather
08-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Once Kobe calms down he will be a great shooter. He was obviously nervous after being hyped up by all the chinese fans. LeBron and Wade though put up an excellent game that more then made up for Kobe's shortcomings.

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 12:47 PM
they let kobe shoot all day from the perimeter? selective memory i guess

They packed the lane and sagged off of him which forced him into being a perimeter player outside of 1 game. They gave him the perimeter shot.

Doranku
08-10-2008, 12:47 PM

ROFL. Really? You honestly think LeBron had a better Playoffs than Kobe? Wow. He cost his team the series by his performance in the first two games against the Celtics. The only positives were his decent series against an Arena-less Wizards team and game 7 of the Celtics series. Did you not see Kobe in the "series clinching" game against the reigning Champion Spurs? Or the "series clinching" game against the Jazz?

GTFO imo.

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Michael Redd is the only true shooter on this team and I can't understand why he isn't on the floor more. Kobe's a good shooter, but he's not helping himself by taking quick, long 3s. That's never been his game. Might wanna take a dribble or 2 inside and pull up for 18-20 footers.

Exactly. He's a true zone buster.

hotsizzle
08-10-2008, 12:50 PM
They packed the lane and sagged off of him which forced him into being a perimeter player outside of 1 game. They gave him the perimeter shot.

the only perimeter shots kobe had were ones where hes falling away over 2 defenders, all bad, contested shots that he shouldnt have been taking anyways.

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Other than Game 7, LeBron didn't do sh!t in the playoffs. Get your head out of his ass! :rolleyes:

You're Poseidon right? And if you think Bron didn't do **** in the playoffs you must of not been paying attention. His performance against Wasthington was as good as any player in any series during the entire post-season, and putting that with the fact that unlike Kobe he didn't give up on his team is just more impressive than Kobe to me.

Bron had the best game of either player with his game 7 performance, and digging even deeper his performances in Games 5-7 were all better than any of Kobes games in the Finals but Game 4.

Allstar24
08-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Lebron trolls... they're so pathetic, they force me to not like him even though I actually like him.

ronnymac
08-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Kobe is nowhere as great shooter. but he's a great streaky shooter. once he gets hot, you cant stop him. the problem is he is a ball hogging freak. he's shot is off and yet he keeps perserving with the same failed formula of jacking contested bricks. if he replicates this performance against the real teams, the us team wont be so lucky.

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Lebron trolls... they're so pathetic, they force me to not like him even though I actually like him.

So how do you feel about the Kobe trolls?

Godfather
08-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Quit riding Kobe's dick and understand that LeBron is the best Olympic player on the US team. He is an excellent rebounder, scorer, creater, and has proven to be a very explosive and athletic defender.

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Kobe is nowhere as great shooter. but he's a great streaky shooter. once he gets hot, you cant stop him. the problem is he is a ball hogging freak.

:lol

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS

:roll: so your saying because Kobe Bryant didn't have any game 7's...u have to give the nod to LeBron? Punish Kobe because he made it to the finals without any game 7's. WOW.

Godfather
08-10-2008, 01:03 PM
You're Poseidon right? And if you think Bron didn't do **** in the playoffs you must of not been paying attention. His performance against Wasthington was as good as any player in any series during the entire post-season, and putting that with the fact that unlike Kobe he didn't give up on his team is just more impressive than Kobe to me.

Bron had the best game of either player with his game 7 performance, and digging even deeper his performances in Games 5-7 were all better than any of Kobes games in the Finals but Game 4.

**** people who gives a **** what they did in the playoffs, all that matters is how they adapt and play to the FIBA game...

Scott Pippen
08-10-2008, 01:04 PM

they love them because of what they say. I have seen many Laker fans defend Poseidon saying he is good poster before. And he is probably the worst poster I have seen on all of internet, never mind insidehoops:banghead:

EricForman
08-10-2008, 01:08 PM

That's arguable... I see your point though becuase Kobe probably did have better overall stats and didn't have as many bad shooting games.

But lebron to me stepped it up when it mattered. Game 7 vs the Celtics he damn near single handedly took the game. Kobe never had any point in the finals came near that level of "I'm taking over".

Lebron's first round against Washington was probably on par with Kobe's other rounds. But Kobe went further and he probably had a better overall shooting % (or maybe not, after the finals)

But to me, Lebron was more impressive in the playoffs.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I can't put my head around how LeBron had a better playoffs then Kobe, I mean HOLY ****.

Kobe was FAR and AWAY the playoffs MVP in the first 3 rounds, in the finals his #'s were very similar to LeBron's...yet somehow because LeBron had 2 good games against Boston (both losses mind you), we should somehow just forget all the great things Kobe has done for his team to get them into the NBA finals in the first place.

Kobe played fine today, he did take too many 3's (most of them were open), and they just didn't fell. He however played great defense, and caused quite a few turnovers.

Allstar24
08-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Quit riding Kobe's dick and understand that LeBron is the best Olympic player on the US team. He is an excellent rebounder, scorer, creater, and has proven to be a very explosive and athletic defender.
Hi dumbass. You see me mention anywhere in my post that Kobe is the best player on the team? I think LeBron (along with Wade) was the best player on the floor today. I'm rooting for LeBron because I'm rooting for Team USA. Most of you LeBron trolls would rather see him score 30 pts and have Team USA lose. ****ing idiots.

Allstar24
08-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Uh the same way I feel about all trolls. But you obviously have no problem getting along with the LeBron trolls, from what I've seen...

Godfather
Kobe played fine today, he did take too many 3's (most of them were open), and they just didn't fell. He however played great defense, and caused quite a few turnovers.

Kobe shot 1-7 from the 3pt line (quit a few were wide open) had 3 turnovers (game high), and only scored 13 pts (tied for 3rd on US team). He did however have 2 steals, but then again 5 players on the US did. This wasn't one of his best shooting games and instead of jacking up so many shots he should have helped create shots for his teammates more.

~LA's fine$t~
Hi dumbass. You see me mention anywhere in my post that Kobe is the best player on the team? I think LeBron (along with Wade) was the best player on the floor today. I'm rooting for LeBron because I'm rooting for Team USA. Most of you LeBron trolls would rather see him score 30 pts and have Team USA lose. ****ing idiots.

Exactly, I am rooting for team USA not a particular player.
I'm glad Wade and LeBron played great today, they helped out team USA the most but some people just have that self driven agenda against Kobe that it makes me sick.

Kobe shot 6 for 14 today, made I think like 5 steals. Reason he shot so poorly is because he took like 7 3 point shots in the game, most of them were open and simply didn't fall for him. Wade & LeBron mostly penetrate inside, that's their game and against inferior competition they are successful at doing so.

Kobe is more tempted with getting his perimeter game going, because that's what will be needed against teams like Spain. Zone will not give LeBron or Wade as many open drives to the basket, so we'll really see Kobe's worth when the gold is at our sight.

Even after the fact, we'll still see people bashing the guy for something.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Kobe shot 1-7 from the 3pt line (quit a few were wide open) had 3 turnovers (game high), and only scored 13 pts (tied for 3rd on US team). He did however have 2 steals, but then again 5 players on the US did. This wasn't one of his best shooting games and instead of jacking up so many shots he should have helped create shots for his teammates more.

Well a lot of is looks were open, he had 2 steals but it should have been a lot more. He really caused problems for China defensively, I remember many broken plays for China because of #10.

LeBron & Wade, and Deron played better then Kobe...they are also superstars, but Kobe played fine. Certainly not horrible if you look at both sides of the court. Or even offensively he did not play bad at all.

Kobe24
08-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Honestly.. how did Lebron have a playoff performance than Kobe? Other than his performance against Boston in which he didn't even shoot 50% in any of the 7 games, I can't even get the line of thinking that Bron played better. Not to mention Kobe played 2 more rounds than Lebron thus providing him more fatigue. Kobe had 3 great series and a pretty bad one against Boston. Like c'mon...

EricForman
08-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I can't put my head around how LeBron had a better playoffs then Kobe, I mean HOLY ****.

Kobe was FAR and AWAY the playoffs MVP in the first 3 rounds, in the finals his #'s were very similar to LeBron's...yet somehow because LeBron had 2 good games against Boston (both losses mind you), we should somehow just forget all the great things Kobe has done for his team to get them into the NBA finals in the first place.

Let's look beyond numbers for a bit, can we? The fact is Lebron's game 7 performance vs Celtics basically destroys anything Kobe did in the Finals against the same team. I mean what better way to compare players performances than against the SAME TEAM, right?

Lebron took over when it mattered and almost pulled it off, Kobe was pedestrian (not bad, just average) for basically every second half of the finals except for one game.

And if you really want to argue, there were a few games where Pau outperformed Kobe. Did any of these games exists for Bron? It probably isn't even possible for a Cav to outperform Lebron even if Bron shoots 10% (because he does everything else for that team). The vastly inferior Cavs supporting cast (to the Lakers cast) has to be factor in, right?

But it's arguable, I mean I'm not saying you're wrong for saying Kobe had the better playoffs... I think a point can be made both ways.

Kobe24
08-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Let's look beyond numbers for a bit, can we? The fact is Lebron's game 7 performance vs Celtics basically destroys anything Kobe did in the Finals against the same team. I mean what better way to compare players performances than against the SAME TEAM, right?

Lebron took over when it mattered and almost pulled it off, Kobe was pedestrian (not bad, just average) for basically every second half of the finals except for one game.

And if you really want to argue, there were a few games where Pau outperformed Kobe. Did any of these games exists for Bron? It probably isn't even possible for a Cav to outperform Lebron even if Bron shoots 10% (because he does everything else for that team). The vastly inferior Cavs supporting cast (to the Lakers cast) has to be factor in, right?

But it's arguable, I mean I'm not saying you're wrong for saying Kobe had the better playoffs... I think a point can be made both ways.

Okay, so let's talk about Lebron's good games compared to Kobe's bad games. What about when Lebron single handedly lost both games in Boston. Shooting 8-42 in two games is not just terrible, it's absolutely disgusting. Forgot to mention his 17 turnovers combined. He has two times more of turnovers than field goals. What about game 3 in which they won, 5-16... his teammates carried him that game. Game 4 was a bit better but he still shot pretty badly. I could go on and on but I'll stop there but to even think that Bron had a better playoff performance than Kobe is retarded.

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Uh the same way I feel about all trolls. But you obviously have no problem getting along with the LeBron trolls, from what I've seen...

Actually I've been trying to stay away from the trolling posts on either side, but I made a comment to one of the people up here (hotsizzle) who actually is able to talk basketball and not get involved in agendas. Check the rest of my posts I've been saying this is just 1 game and not to get too down on Kobe from it all day.

GOBB

I dont get why you repeated what you said already in ANOTHER thread.
I dont get why its ok to praise, hype up Lebron but another player? Cardinal sin
I dont get why people continue to watch 1 game and leap to conclusions as if they are proven right.
I dont get why the Olympics are ongoing and in a gamethread people rather slam players they dislike and boost guys they like.
I dont get why everyone repeats the same theme about a certain player yet mask in with different words.

I dont get why the mods dont lock and/or delete this thread.

Allstar24
Kobe shot 6 for 14 today, made I think like 5 steals. Reason he shot so poorly is because he took like 7 3 point shots in the game, most of them were open and simply didn't fall for him. Wade & LeBron mostly penetrate inside, that's their game and against inferior competition they are successful at doing so.

Kobe is more tempted with getting his perimeter game going, because that's what will be needed against teams like Spain. Zone will not give LeBron or Wade as many open drives to the basket, so we'll really see Kobe's worth when the gold is at our sight.
Well said. He was like 5-7 from the field and he usually never misses those open 3's but topics like these are making it out to be as if he was absolutely horrendous. If he's on fire in the next game, these idiots will disappear. I've seen this pattern on ISH too many times now. They clearly don't give a shit about team basketball, they just watch the games praying for LeBron to outshine Kobe.

~LA's fine$t~

But LeBron couldn't shoot 50% in either game, and couldn't get his team the W. You're picking those two games over a player who shot over 50% through out the first three rounds, while leading his team past a team LeBron struggled against in the NBA finals in 2007...beat them in 5 games, shot 50% against them.

I love the double standard when Kobe is involved.

dr8ked
Exactly, I am rooting for team USA not a particular player.
I'm glad Wade and LeBron played great today, they helped out team USA the most but some people just have that self driven agenda against Kobe that it makes me sick.

Even after the fact, we'll still see people bashing the guy for something.

This is what you typed, Kobe is going to Play way better against better Teams, lebron and wade will not be a Factor in those games coz of the way they play(driving into the lane).. I'll bring this up after they play good teams..By the way Kobe only had 2 steals just like 5 other players did .

Eldrunko247
his shooting is overrated because he's been taking stupid trick shots all his life. his jumpshot is highly inconsistent. if you watch him during the regular season he'll go 1-2 good games and 5-6 bad ones.

Godfather
Okay, so let's talk about Lebron's good games compared to Kobe's bad games. What about when Lebron single handedly lost both games in Boston. Shooting 8-42 in two games is not just terrible, it's absolutely disgusting. Forgot to mention his 17 turnovers combined. He has two times more of turnovers than field goals. What about game 3 in which they won, 5-16... his teammates carried him that game. Game 4 was a bit better but he still shot pretty badly. I could go on and on but I'll stop there but to even think that Bron had a better playoff performance than Kobe is retarded.

People who the **** cares about who did better than who during the playoffs. This is a god damn Olympic thread...:pimp:

EricForman
08-10-2008, 01:33 PM

You know, for once, I'm gonna concede an argument with a Kobe fan and just let it go.

Fine, you have a point. Bron had some horrible shooting games. Kobe may have had the better overall playoffs.

But if I recall, my wording was "outperformed Kobe when it mattered".

I'll concede to you Kobe may have had the better overall playoffs, but Lebron's game 7 against Boston still sh*ts on anything Kobe did in the 288 minutes Lakers and Boston played in the finals.... and Kobe had a vastly superior cast to Lebron.

In the meantime, I want to bring up something that's not related to this topic. It was about the Jordan vs Kobe ballhandling thread that was just deleted.... but what I want to say is I cannot believe the number of people that actually said Kobe was a better ball handler than Jordan (konex, and two other clowns). I mean... shame on you clowns.

EricForman
08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I dont get why its ok to praise, hype up Lebron but another player? Cardinal sin
I dont get why people continue to watch 1 game and leap to conclusions as if they are proven right.
I dont get why the Olympics are ongoing and in a gamethread people rather slam players they dislike and boost guys they like.
I dont get why everyone repeats the same theme about a certain player yet mask in with different words.

1: I posted it in another thread but it was deleted

2: I didn't base this on one game. After I made the comment you quoted, I mentioned that based on the entire year of 2008 Lebron has looked more impressive to me. Why didn't you bother quoting that?

3: I wasn't slamming Kobe. In fact I really am wondering why Kobe gets all the "hes the best" comments when Lebron has been more impressive to me.

4: Don't be a smartass Gobb, what I posted may have been slightly off topic but it wasn't a trollish or ridiculous. Compared to what other anti-Kobe guys are pulling, my stuff is pretty reasonable.

Resurrection
08-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Lebron's first round against Washington was probably on par with Kobe's other rounds. But Kobe went further and he probably had a better overall shooting % (or maybe not, after the finals)

But to me, Lebron was more impressive in the playoffs.

It's these kind of moronic statements that make me ISH the dumbest internet hoops site around. Did you WATCH Kobe against Denver, Utah and San Antonio dumbass???

He was putting up 33 pts on 52% shooting (increase from his regular season numbers) while LeBrick numbers was down all across the board (including points and shooting %). Other than Game 7 vs Boston....he had an average performance in the playoffs.

Allstar24
08-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Actually I've been trying to stay away from the trolling posts on either side, but I made a comment to one of the people up here (hotsizzle) who actually is able to talk basketball and not get involved in agendas. Check the rest of my posts I've been saying this is just 1 game and not to get too down on Kobe from it all day.
Are you sure about that? Because when there is a troll war going on in one of the never-ending Kobe vs. LeBron threads, I've always seen you take the side of the LeBron trolls.

2LeTTeRS

This is why there's an arguement to be made for Kobe. Most people who are saying Bron had better series are saying so because Kobe absolute did nothing in the most important game of the year. There is a different between having a ****ty game 1 or 2 on you're opponents homecourt as opposed to not showing up in the final game of the series. I understand the arguement you're making, and Kobe was more consistent than Bron was but with the way Kobe played in the finals game making it seem like he was head and shoulders above Bron, and that "Bron had a better playoff performance than Kobe is retarded" is dumb.

Godfather
1: I posted it in another thread but it was deleted

2: I didn't base this on one game. After I made the comment you quoted, I mentioned that based on the entire year of 2008 Lebron has looked more impressive to me. Why didn't you bother quoting that?

3: I wasn't slamming Kobe. In fact I really am wondering why Kobe gets all the "hes the best" comments when Lebron has been more impressive to me.

4: Don't be a smartass Gobb, what I posted may have been slightly off topic but it wasn't a trollish or ridiculous. Compared to what other anti-Kobe guys are pulling, my stuff is pretty reasonable.

Pretty reasonable my ass. This is a freaking Olympic games thread about Kobe Bryant's Zone Busting technique in FIBA games. What happened in the NBA playoffs has nothing to do with this ****ing thread...

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 01:40 PM
This is why there's an arguement to be made for Kobe. Most people who are saying Bron had better series are saying so because Kobe absolute did nothing in the most important game of the year. There is a different between having a ****ty game 1 or 2 on you're opponents homecourt as opposed to not showing up in the final game of the series. I understand the arguement you're making, and Kobe was more consistent than Bron was but with the way Kobe played in the finals game making it seem like he was head and shoulders above Bron, and that "Bron had a better playoff performance than Kobe is retarded" is dumb.

Nah, people like you just love to nit pick sh*t to make a case against Kobe. If Kobe had a horrible first 3 rounds, and his team carried his ass like Cleveland did for LeBron...your argument would be.

"Who gives a sh*t what Kobe did against Boston, he wouldn't have had a chance to be in the NBA finals if his teammates didn't carry him in the first 3 rounds."

I'm sick of these arguments on ISH, time to ignore you guys.

EricForman
08-10-2008, 01:41 PM
But LeBron couldn't shoot 50% in either game, and couldn't get his team the W. You're picking those two games over a player who shot over 50% through out the first three rounds, while leading his team past a team LeBron struggled against in the NBA finals in 2007...beat them in 5 games, shot 50% against them.

I love the double standard when Kobe is involved.

F*cking eh, I'm tired of explaining myself...

First of all, Lebron's cast is absolute trash. Kobe's cast is wayyy superior, so let's throw out the "Lebron didn't win so and so" argument.

I couldn't care less that Lebron lost game 7 vs the Celtics. That performance was the greatest individual performance in the playoffs this year.

And I repeated said already, shooting % shouldn't apply to lebron as much as it does most otherplayers because Lebron DOES EVERYTHING. Are you telling me if Lebron shoots 30% in a game, he wasn't the most important/best Cav?

I mean like I said, Lebron could shoot 10% and still be the most effective, efficient Cav on the floor because his teammates are so bad.

I already conceded you can argue both ways, so let's just let it go. I'm not basing my opinion on numbers, Im' basing it on WHAT I SEE. Kobe settles for long jumpers and what's given to him often (even when the season is on the line) while Lebron makes things happen and puts the fear in anyone and everyone that tries to get in his way to the hoop.

Those are things that cannot be measured by numbers or %. I'll take Lebron's game 7 over any other individual performance this freaking season. I don't give a crap if he didn't shoot 50% or he lost the game. That game was up in the air until the final minute, and if the Cavs won that would be one of the legendary performances already.

EricForman
08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Pretty reasonable my ass. This is a freaking Olympic games thread about Kobe Bryant's Zone Busting technique in FIBA games. What happened in the NBA playoffs has nothing to do with this ****ing thread...

God you're a moron. I didn't just start the post talking strictly NBA. I was commenting on my views on Kobe and then people asked me to defend a certain point.. which I did.

I came in here posting maturely and tried to avoid "hating on Kobe". I even repeatedly said "but that's just how I feel, I can see a good point being made from both sides" but you kobe fans still drive me nuts. F*ck you guys, I see why Loki has gone insane dealing with people like you.

hotsizzle is the only Laker fan I can talk to here. god damn.

And this is a quote from 2 Letters "There is a different between having a ****ty game 1 or 2 on you're opponents homecourt as opposed to not showing up in the final game of the series."

Great point. I wish I had thought of this. That's the point I was trying to make. But god damn these overdefensive fools drove me insane. And then Gobb comes in here with his BS accusations without reading through the entire thread...

WTF man... I thought I was doing a good job of keeping the argument "mature" at first... I still failed at the end and stooped to Kobe fans level.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 01:44 PM
F*cking eh, I'm tired of explaining myself...

First of all, Lebron's cast is absolute trash. Kobe's cast is wayyy superior, so let's throw out the "Lebron didn't win so and so" argument.

I couldn't care less that Lebron lost game 7 vs the Celtics. That performance was the greatest individual performance in the playoffs this year.

And I repeated said already, shooting % shouldn't apply to lebron as much as it does most otherplayers because Lebron DOES EVERYTHING. Are you telling me if Lebron shoots 30% in a game, he wasn't the most important/best Cav?

I mean like I said, Lebron could shoot 10% and still be the most effective, efficient Cav on the floor because his teammates are so bad.

I already conceded you can argue both ways, so let's just let it go. I'm not basing my opinion on numbers, Im' basing it on WHAT I SEE. Kobe settles for long jumpers and what's given to him often (even when the season is on the line) while Lebron makes things happen and puts the fear in anyone and everyone that tries to get in his way to the hoop.

Those are things that cannot be measured by numbers or %. I'll take Lebron's game 7 over any other individual performance this freaking season. I don't give a crap if he didn't shoot 50% or he lost the game. That game was up in the air until the final minute, and if the Cavs won that would be one of the legendary performances already.

Then how did they manage to push Boston to the brink of elimination?
I mean in the two games LeBron played well in, were both losses get that through your skull. If his team is absolute trash, how the **** did they push Boston to 7 games even when LeBron's two best games were both losses.

I mean 2 + 2 = 4?
Explain.

You're probably the same person that would point out how KOBE, not the Lakers choke the 3-1 lead against Phoenix even though Kobe did everything in his power in game 6 to give LA the win, dropping 50.

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Are you sure about that? Because when there is a troll war going on in one of the never-ending Kobe vs. LeBron threads, I've almost always seen you take the side of the LeBron trolls.

And I've always seen you and anybody else with LA or Kobe in their screen names take the side of the Kobe trolls. Whats you're point? On this site most of the threads go Bron (or another player) trolls vs Kobe trolls, and the other 75% of the posts are people with preferences who try to sift through all the bullshit and talk basketball.

And why are you questioning what side I take in Kobe vs Bron threads? I'm here to talk basketball, and like everybody else I post in the threads I find most interesting. I don't hide that Bron (along with Gil, Dwight, D Wade and Amare) is among my favorite players and I think Bron is the best player in the league. I do try to stay rational about it though, and concede that Bron or no other man isn't perfect.

Godfather
08-10-2008, 01:47 PM
God you're a moron. I didn't just start the post talking strictly NBA. I was commenting on my views on Kobe and then people asked me to defend a certain point.. which I did.

I came in here posting maturely and tried to avoid "hating on Kobe". I even repeatedly said "but that's just how I feel, I can see a good point being made from both sides" but you kobe fans still drive me nuts. F*ck you guys, I see why Loki has gone insane dealing with people like you.

hotsizzle is the only Laker fan I can talk to here. god damn.

And this is a quote from 2 Letters "There is a different between having a ****ty game 1 or 2 on you're opponents homecourt as opposed to not showing up in the final game of the series."

Great point. I wish I had thought of this. That's the point I was trying to make. But god damn these overdefensive fools drove me insane. And then Gobb comes in here with his BS accusations without reading through the entire thread...

WTF man... I thought I was doing a good job of keeping the argument "mature" at first... I still failed at the end and stooped to Kobe fans level.

Yeah bull**** you were the first one to bring up the playoffs.

EricForman
08-10-2008, 01:49 PM

I MENTIONED THE PLAYOFFS AS ONE OF THE REASONS TO BACK UP A POINT I WAS MAKING. IT'S CALLED TRYING TO DEBATE BASKETBALL MATURELY instead of posting stupid emoticons and posting smart ass two sentences replise and then leaving the thread. (like Gobb)

Then when a mature poster (hotsizzle) asked me to explain my point, I did in the most mature way possible and said "but it can be argued both ways" as a way of not turning this into a anti-Kobe thing. I knew you Kobe fans are oversensitived and well, morons, so I basically tried to be as non-confrontational as possible in my first several posts. But all of that failed because I still got sucked into a "kobe groupies vs kobe haters"-like talk because of morons like you making false accusations that flat out doesn't make sense.

You're a moron. That's that.

Diesel J
08-10-2008, 01:49 PM
..lets get back on topic people...which is Kobe's bad outside shooting.

Godfather
08-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I MENTIONED THE PLAYOFFS AS ONE OF THE REASONS TO BACK UP A POINT I WAS MAKING. IT'S CALLED TRYING TO DEBATE BASKETBALL MATURELY instead of posting stupid emoticons and posting smart ass two sentences replise and then leaving the thread.

you're a moron. That's that.

Sorry point failed dum****. NBA play does not correspond to FIBA play, that's why we see European players who fail in the NBA dominate the Olympics.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 01:53 PM
I MENTIONED THE PLAYOFFS AS ONE OF THE REASONS TO BACK UP A POINT I WAS MAKING. IT'S CALLED TRYING TO DEBATE BASKETBALL MATURELY instead of posting stupid emoticons and posting smart ass two sentences replise and then leaving the thread. (like Gobb)

Then when a mature poster (hotsizzle) asked me to explain my point, I did in the most mature way possible and said "but it can be argued both ways" as a way of not turning this into a anti-Kobe thing. I knew you Kobe fans are oversensitived and well, morons, so I basically tried to be as non-confrontational as possible in my first several posts. But all of that failed because I still got sucked into a "kobe groupies vs kobe haters"-like talk because of morons like you making false accusations that flat out doesn't make sense.

You're a moron. That's that.

Then how did they manage to push Boston to the brink of elimination?
I mean in the two games LeBron played well in, were both losses get that through your skull. If his team is absolute trash, how the **** did they push Boston to 7 games even when LeBron's two best games were both losses.

I mean 2 + 2 = 4?
Explain.

You're probably the same person that would point out how KOBE, not the Lakers choke the 3-1 lead against Phoenix even though Kobe did everything in his power in game 6 to give LA the win, dropping 50.

answer the man.

EricForman
08-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Sorry point failed dum****. NBA play does not correspond to FIBA play, that's why we see European players who fail in the NBA dominate the Olympics.

Well, maybe you're too stupid to understand logic. But I was talking about Kobe and Lebron as a whole and how I believe Lebron has simply been better this year. Since when does every reply have to stick 100% complete to the topic? What grade are you in? Are you a retard? Have trouble understanding logic?

If people would actually read through the thread, they would see that people like 2Letters and myself didn't come in here trying to stir things up but merely to talk ball, but Kobe fans wouldn't have it and bashed us anyways. Loki is right, there is no d

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Well, maybe you're too stupid to understand logic. But I was talking about Kobe and Lebron as a whole and how I believe Lebron has simply been better this year. Since when does every reply have to stick 100% complete to the topic? What grade are you in? Are you a retard? Have trouble understanding logic?

what grade are you in?

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 01:58 PM
The problem most people have with your average Kobe supporter, is not that they think he has an argument to being the best player, but that:

A. They think he's so far above everyone else

and

B. They act like you're personally insulting them to DARE not to believe Kobe is the best.

Also, the offer up some of the most stupid ass excuses for him when he doesn't play well, and NEVER hold it against him (like they would do for Bron, Wade, etc.)

Get it through your heads. It's not "hating" on Kobe to not think he's the best player, and it's not "hating" on him to point out reasons WHY you don't think so.

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Nah, people like you just love to nit pick sh*t to make a case against Kobe. If Kobe had a horrible first 3 rounds, and his team carried his ass like Cleveland did for LeBron...your argument would be.

"Who gives a sh*t what Kobe did against Boston, he wouldn't have had a chance to be in the NBA finals if his teammates didn't carry him in the first 3 rounds."

I'm sick of these arguments on ISH, time to ignore you guys.

So wait me saying that I feel Kobe gave up and didn't play hard in the last game of the the finals is nitpicking? I disagree, its the biggest stage in basketball, did you really think people were going to just forget about it? Instead of creating scenarios to tell people a different situation where they would hate on Kobe, maybe you should re-watch that game, or watch game 7 against the Suns.

You seem to have forgotten that Kobe is a mortal, and has performed out right badly at a couple of very moments and just because he's you're favorite player doesn't mean everybody else will be so quick to forgive him for not coming through as you.

Heilige
08-10-2008, 01:59 PM

Why do you feel that LeBron has overall played better than Kobe this year? I remember in a post/s in a thread where people were discussing who they thought were going to win in the Finals between the Lakers and the Celtics you were arguing with RealMenWearGreen and talking about how Kobe was playing very Jordanesque throughout the playoffs.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 02:00 PM

If people would actually read through the thread, they would see that people like 2Letters and myself didn't come in here trying to stir things up but merely to talk ball, but Kobe fans wouldn't have it and bashed us anyways. Loki is right, there is no d

You don't know by now that you can't point out any flaws in Kobe's game, nor believe any player is better than him otherwise you're "hating" and thus a target for ridiclue and scorn by these nutjobs?

C'mon Eric, you've been here long enough to know better.

Godfather
08-10-2008, 02:02 PM
First of all don't throw around insults when you are still in grade school (I am in college btw). It doesn't matter what the hell LeBron and Kobe did during the regular season or the playoffs because this is ****ing FIBA...It is a complete different game (why do you not ****ing understand this). Yes LeBron outplayed Kobe the first game, but every player has a sub-par game and this was Kobe's. Kobe and Redd are team USA's zone busters, and they therefore are set to be shooting several outside shots. LeBron and DWade on the other hand do not have a developed outside game and are set to take higher % inside shots. They are set to different roles on this team and therefore it is illogical to so closely compare them.

hotsizzle
08-10-2008, 02:04 PM

who gives a **** who brought up what? its all relatively on topic anyways, if you dont like it, leave the thread. *****ing/moaning about it for pages is whats off topic

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 02:09 PM
:roll: so your saying because Kobe Bryant didn't have any game 7's...u have to give the nod to LeBron? Punish Kobe because he made it to the finals without any game 7's. WOW.

What? First off, I'm sure I said series clinching games not game 7s theres a difference, and yes Kobe had at least 4 of these such games. And if you don't remember how well Bron played against Washington (30.4 pts, 7.6 rebs, 6.6 asts on 48.5% shooting, with 1.4 blks and 1.2 stls) I don't know what to tell you. I'm not backing down from my statement that his series against them was as impressive as any Kobe had during their Western Conference run, just because that team was playing with one objective, to stop Bron even if it meant to hurt him.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 02:13 PM
First off, nobody said he's trash. Maybe that's what you are reading in your twisted fanboy mind, but that's not what was said. Second, it's not just one bad game. It seems you have a very short memory, as most fanboys do in this debate. Not only has Kobe showed throughout his career that he's somewhat of a streak shooter, but the OP's point about his reputation as a threat is spot on.

Not too long ago, Kobe faced a fierce Boston defense where he was doubled and tripled at times when he tried to penetrate. So, that meant he had to score on single coverage farther out on the perimeter. Since his reputation, as some of his fans have said, is that of the most lethal scoring threat, especially as a shooter, then shooting the ball on the perimeter against single coverage shouldn't have been that difficult, yet he struggled. This isn't the only time. Kobe has struggled early on in his career, during the championship seasons, last season against Boston, and now in the international game where the perimeter shooting is more prevalent than in the NBA.

So, the question isn't whether Kobe is "trash", because that was never mentioned by anybody else but yourself. Maybe the real issue, which the OP brought up, is that why is it such a stretch to say maybe Kobe's reputation as a shooter isn't as accurate as some may think?

MaxFly
08-10-2008, 02:17 PM

We don't want to be too heavy handed. We can't go around deleting every stupid thread.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 02:35 PM
What? First off, I'm sure I said series clinching games not game 7s theres a difference, and yes Kobe had at least 4 of these such games. And if you don't remember how well Bron played against Washington (30.4 pts, 7.6 rebs, 6.6 asts on 48.5% shooting, with 1.4 blks and 1.2 stls) I don't know what to tell you. I'm not backing down from my statement that his series against them was as impressive as any Kobe had during their Western Conference run, just because that team was playing with one objective, to stop Bron even if it meant to hurt him.

:banghead: (i hate them words considering the lakers werent willing to hurt anybody on the celtics)

Scott Pippen
08-10-2008, 02:39 PM
the way fans are so closely emotionally attached to idol basketball players in modern days is proof that every NBA superstar is overrated. Kobe. LeBron. Everyone.:applause:

Godfather
08-10-2008, 02:41 PM
the way fans are so closely emotionally attached to idol basketball players in modern days is proof that every NBA superstar is overrated. Kobe. LeBron. Everyone.:applause:

:applause: Individual players should never become bigger then the game.

Loki
08-10-2008, 02:41 PM
I didn't see the game (I was sleeping), so I can't comment on the type of shots Kobe was taking. One thing I've always said about him, and which I maintain, is that he is a volume, rhythm shooter who needs a lot of shots and needs to feel the ball in his hands a lot (dribbling, being involved in most plays etc.) in order to shoot really well. I firmly believe this. I think it's more difficult for him to shoot just 5-10 shots per game and shoot it well than it is for him to shoot 20-25 shots and shoot it well.

Scott Pippen
08-10-2008, 02:43 PM
:applause: Individual players should never become bigger then the game.
agree:applause:

people use to go to arena to watch teams, now they go to watch players:banghead: Even Loki made thread about 1980s Lakers overrated, and only few "Laker fans" responded in argument. But in thread about Kobe or any superstar criticize thread, you become insulted by huge player fanbase if you disagree:(

Allstar24
08-10-2008, 02:47 PM
And I've always seen you and anybody else with LA or Kobe in their screen names take the side of the Kobe trolls. Whats you're point?
First of all, that's a lie. I know of only one Kobe troll on this board (he has various IDs obviously) and I've never supported anything he says.

I do try to stay rational about it though, and concede that Bron or no other man isn't perfect.
Yet your first post in this topic was:

You say that like its a fact. Kobe in the playoffs had a FG% of .479 and averaged 30.1 pts per game while LeBron had a FG% of .411 and PPG of 30.1...but by your theory, LeBron's performance in game 7 of round 2 (which they lost by the way) totally eclipsed Kobe taking his team to the NBA Finals. You want to disregard the the 3 great playoff series' Kobe had based on his poor performance in one game. So what exactly separates you from the trolls?

All Net
08-10-2008, 03:05 PM
To reply to the actually point of the thread, I don't really think Kobe did alot wrong, he did seem abit nervous to start the game but overall I thought his defense to start the game was strong. He did get beat a few times by the Chinese guards but played with good effort on the defensive end. I don't think his shot selection was that bad, he missed alot of threes many would expect him to make. The corner three is something you expect him to knock down but it was one of those games were it wasn't falling for him.

Granted he will need to knock those shots down If the US are to win gold as teams like Spain will take advantage of those weaknesses from behind the arc.

As for the recent Kobe/Lebron debate? guess nothing changes around here...both guys played great in the playoffs in stages but at the same time had their problems. Lebron had some terrible shooting nights and Kobe had a poor finals series by his standards and considering what he did through the western playoffs. It happens even the best two players in the NBA can struggle...

YAWN
08-10-2008, 03:11 PM
:roll:

you sound like some dude at espn.

"Lebron in the 2nd quarters of 3rd games of a first round series has the highest ppg average of all time!!!!11"

YAWN
08-10-2008, 03:15 PM
I didn't see the game (I was sleeping), so I can't comment on the type of shots Kobe was taking. One thing I've always said about him, and which I maintain, is that he is a volume, rhythm shooter who needs a lot of shots and needs to feel the ball in his hands a lot (dribbling, being involved in most plays etc.) in order to shoot really well. I firmly believe this. I think it's more difficult for him to shoot just 5-10 shots per game and shoot it well than it is for him to shoot 20-25 shots and shoot it well.

i just finished watching it (im on west coast) he had an okay game.
yes, he went 1-7 from downtown, and that is obviously not very good.

however he picked up the slack in all the turnovers he caused the chinese guards to make. Alot coming when they made that 16-3 run to run away with the game.

wade continued to impress. and i didnt notice melo was playing til yi dunked on him.

Psileas
08-10-2008, 03:37 PM
1 game means nothing, especialy against a weak opponent. Actually, people (should) refrain from using the "who's the best in the NBA" question based on 8 games against FIBA competition and different rules. Was Jordan the 1992 squad's best player according to numbers? No, Barkley was. Was Hakeem the best player of the 1996 squad? Not even close, he was actually among the worst. Having said that, yes, Kobe wasn't anything impressive tonight.

Heretik32
08-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Was Jordan the 1992 squad's best player according to numbers? No, Barkley was.

Careful with that kind of stuff as long as he is around:lol

Paladin55
08-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Most of our guys seem to be a bit off on their jumpers. Part of the problem, IMHO, is that most of the guys we have who are known for having good J's are also the prime scorers on their teams. On Team USA, though, they are on a team of stars, and they don't handle the ball or shoot it as much, so they have more trouble getting into a scoring groove/flow.

There is also a difference between a "scorers" and a "pure shooter." I would think that Redd is the only pure shooter on the team. Yes/No? Kobe is close, he has nice form on his shot, but he may need the ball more often to get into a flow.

Most of our guys- James, Wade, and even Paul and Williams are scorers, in my opinion. Some have good jumpers, others don't, but the fact that most of them will not be on the court for 35 minutes means that their jumpers become more inconsitent.

If we have problems against the zone it is because the make-up of the team is poor, and there is nothing you can do about that now.

Devientz
08-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Most of our guys seem to be a bit off on their jumpers. Part of the problem, IMHO, is that most of the guys we have who are known for having good J's are also the prime scorers on their teams. On Team USA, though, they are on a team of stars, and they don't handle the ball or shoot it as much, so they have more trouble getting into a scoring groove/flow.

There is also a difference between a "scorers" and a "pure shooter." I would think that Redd is the only pure shooter on the team. Yes/No? Kobe is close, he has nice form on his shot, but he may need the ball more often to get into a flow.

Most of our guys- James, Wade, and even Paul and Williams are scorers, in my opinion. Some have good jumpers, others don't, but the fact that most of them will not be on the court for 35 minutes means that their jumpers become more inconsitent.

If we have problems against the zone it is because the make-up of the team is poor, and there is nothing you can do about that now.
Nothing but truth from this post

Heretik32
08-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Absolutely. Those guys are used to being the number one option on their team. They might be able to adapt, but it won't come overnight and it'll never feel natural for them.

Noob Saibot
08-10-2008, 04:31 PM

^my thoughts exactly. No matter what, some people just dont respect LeBron cuz Kobe came first and was loved first. even in today's game some people will ignore that LeBron was the best player on the floor out there in Beijing.

Kobe24
08-10-2008, 04:34 PM
^my thoughts exactly. No matter what, some people just dont respect LeBron cuz Kobe came first and was loved first. even in today's game some people will ignore that LeBron was the best player on the floor out there in Beijing.

Okay and same could be said about Kobe. Some won't respect him because of his fans/his game resembles MJ's/ He's an adulterer/He ran out Shaq/He snitched on Shaq/He's a winner...etc. Don't give me the boo hoo Lebron doesn't get respected talk.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 04:38 PM

That's such filthy BS, I always say LeBron and Kobe are interchangeable.

sic
08-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Kobe and Carmelo better start making the outside shot which was supposed to be their strong point playing international ball.

As of now, Lebron wade have impressed me much more.

xxxSuperStar
08-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Laugh all you want, but Team USA would be much improved with a Ben Gordon over a Tayshaun Prince.

Gordon, the sixth man on his team, doesn't need the ball in his hands and can shoot cold. All the other players are starters who usually need time to warm up and are used to playing from the get go.

Plus Gordon's size wouldn't be a factor in Olympic play and with all the ball handlers, he can get away as a PG (in position-name only). He can shoot from ALL areas of the floor and is much more effective than just about anyone, minus Redd, as a stand still spot up shooter.

AppleNader
08-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Laugh all you want, but Team USA would be much improved with a Ben Gordon over a Tayshaun Prince.

Gordon, the sixth man on his team, doesn't need the ball in his hands and can shoot cold. All the other players are starters who usually need time to warm up and are used to playing from the get go.

Plus Gordon's size wouldn't be a factor in Olympic play and with all the ball handlers, he can get away as a PG (in position-name only). He can shoot from ALL areas of the floor and is much more effective than just about anyone, minus Redd, as a stand still spot up shooter.

I am laughing.

If you put Gordon on this team over Prince, you are left with a lineup of SEVEN guards.

Kidd
Paul
Williams
Gordon
Bryant
Redd
Wade

You give up your most versatile defender, somebody who can defend and play the 1-4 spots, and is an excellent man and team defender. Your team is left with 1 center, 2 power forwards, and two small forwards forced to play out of position.

Gordon's size IS a factor in international play. in fact, backcourt size is considered one of the important factors for a team. Most teams have very large and physical guards. This was one of the reasons we lost in 2006. Hinrich and Paul were getting worked on screens and were getting overpowered by opposing guards, and Greece wrecked us with the pick and roll.

And plus, the last time Gordon represented the US, we came in 4th with a 2-3 record in the pan-am games. He shot 36% from three.

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 06:26 PM
First of all, that's a lie. I know of only one Kobe troll on this board (he has various IDs obviously) and I've never supported anything he says.

If you thought Poseidon is the only Kobe troll on this site you need to look up the definition of troll. There are at least 20 regular posters here that fit that description.

Yet your first post in this topic was:

No my first post in this thread was.

Like I said I was talking to hotsizzle, and quoted a comment he made about this year's playoff's.

You say that like its a fact. Kobe in the playoffs had a FG% of .479 and averaged 30.1 pts per game while LeBron had a FG% of .411 and PPG of 30.1...but by your theory, LeBron's performance in game 7 of round 2 (which they lost by the way) totally eclipsed Kobe taking his team to the NBA Finals. You want to disregard the the 3 great playoff series' Kobe had based on his poor performance in one game. So what exactly separates you from the trolls?

I would say the reasoning with me backing up my opinion separates me from the trolls. Anybody who disagrees with you is not "trolling." We're debating, its what people do on message boards. If you could take off you're purple tinted sunglasses, and realize that because I'm comparing Bron's performance to Kobe's, and saying that I think Bron was better that I'm not trolling.

And yes, I feel the negatives from Kobe's final performance of this year's Finals outweighs all the good of his playoff run. I'm sorry but if you don't realize the hit on his legacy (at least as of now) he took then you're just not realizing how big this letdown was.

konex
08-10-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry but if you don't realize the hit on his legacy (at least as of now) he took then you're just not realizing how big this letdown was.

It was disappointing for sure but why is losing to a better, deeper and more physical team (that lead the league in wins) such a "hit to his legacy"?

People who thought LA would win that series weren't paying attention all season. The Lakers over-achieved by making the Finals.

2LeTTeRS
08-10-2008, 06:40 PM
It was disappointing for sure but why is losing to a better, deeper and more physical team (that lead the league in wins) such a "hit to his legacy"?

People who thought LA would win that series weren't paying attention all season. The Lakers over-achieved by making the Finals.

I'm not convinced Boston was an out-an-out better team. More physical, yes but I'm not sure if Boston really was that much better, especially when considering with how hot the Lakers were and how cold the Celts were at that time.

And honestly it wasn't just losing, it was the way he went down when losing that hurt. He didn't go down with a fight, it was like he (and the rest of the Lakers) gave up in Game 6.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm not convinced Boston was an out-an-out better team. More physical, yes but I'm not sure if Boston really was that much better, especially when considering with how hot the Lakers were and how cold the Celts were at that time.

And honestly it wasn't just losing, it was the way he went down when losing that hurt. He didn't go down with a fight, it was like he (and the rest of the Lakers) gave up in Game 6.

They weren't more talented, they simply matched up so much better against us then they did against Cleveland or Atlanta.

Teams like Utah would have given Boston a lot of fits, regardless if the Lakers defeated Utah in the playoffs. People need to look outside the box, it's not just about the season record, or if you beat team X, and team X beat team Y then you should beat team Y as well.

Boston were easily a better team because they matched up so well against a heavily under sized LA Lakers. They had players who can contain Kobe, they had the best team defense and they simply pushed us around.

That's why we looked so over-matched. A healthy Ariza and Bynum, would have fixed a lot of those vulnerabilities for us.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 06:57 PM

Nothing could ever be a hit on his legacy to someone like you. Not the Pistons series, not giving up in a Game 7 against the Suns and not underperforming in yet another Finals. We know this.

Also, the media was all over LA not only competing with Boston but BEATING them and before the series, Laker fans were certainly quite confident. They weren't talking all that "overmatched" crap until their team (and their hero Bryant) showed they didn't have what it took to live up to the hype.

But I will give you one thing. To someone like myself, it wasn't a hit on his legacy since I don't overrate him like so many do. His Finals performance wasn't unexpected to me because he's never been as good as he's been made out to be.

People like you don't seem to get that it IS possible to play great, put up an all world performance but your team still loses. Kobe didn't do that. He just went out with a subpar series.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Nothing could ever be a hit on his legacy to someone like you. Not the Pistons series, not giving up in a Game 7 against the Suns and not underperforming in yet another Finals. We know this.

Also, the media was all over LA not only competing with Boston but BEATING them and before the series, Laker fans were certainly quite confident. They weren't talking all that "overmatched" crap until their team (and their hero Bryant) showed they didn't have what it took to live up to the hype.

But I will give you one thing. To someone like myself, it wasn't a hit on his legacy since I don't overrate him like so many do. His Finals performance wasn't unexpected to me because he's never been as good as he's been made out to be.

People like you don't seem to get that it IS possible to play great, put up an all world performance but your team still loses. Kobe didn't do that. He just went out with a subpar series.

Why is that you were no where to be found through the first three rounds?
Coincidence?

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Why is that you were no where to be found through the first three rounds?
Coincidence?

Instead of this diversionary nonsense, why don't you try telling me what was so absurd about the post you quoted. Tell me what I said that was just soooo outrageous.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Instead of this diversionary nonsense, why don't you try telling me what was so absurd about the post you quoted. Tell me what I said that was just soooo outrageous.

:oldlol: My point is you never give the man his dues when he's doing phenomenal things on the basketball court, when he's showcasing why people compare him to Jordan, the only time you ever come to this forum to share your gospel non-sense is when Kobe has a bad game or series.

Every thing you said is true, Kobe had a sub-par series, he struggled against Boston and so did every one else on the Lakers. But I would value your opinion more if you weren't so damn one-sided.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 07:18 PM
:oldlol: My point is you never give the man his dues when he's doing phenomenal things on the basketball court, when he's showcasing why people compare him to Jordan, the only time you ever come to this forum to share your gospel non-sense is when Kobe has a bad game or series.

Every thing you said is true, Kobe had a sub-par series, he struggled against Boston and so did every one else on the Lakers. But I would value your opinion more if you weren't so damn one-sided.

First of all, I have given him his due, as far as what I feel he DESERVES which is the title of being ONE of the best players in the league. Secondly, I said before that I will give him credit as being the undisputed best, comparable to Jordan and all that when he EARNS it.. He hasn't done anything in my opinion to deserve not only comparisons to Jordan but this idea that he's the undisputed best player in the league. As for the personal stuff about me, I don't really get into all of that. This is basketball discussion board, not a "Let's dissect when Knoe Itawl does and doesn't post" board.

And it's funny how you said I share my "gospel nonsense" but then said everything I said was true. :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 07:19 PM

ignore him, simple as that.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 07:25 PM
ignore him, simple as that.

And yet everything I said was true according to him. And that's why a groupie like yourself wants me ignored. Easier to ignore the truth then deal with it, when you don't like it..............right?

BIZARRO
08-10-2008, 07:26 PM

I personally could care less who's better Kobe or Lebron.

With that being said, anyone who has watched the Olympic team games and does not say that Lebron is clearly better is clearly out of their minds.

He has blown past the current version of Kobe Bryant.

Lebron is just WAY too physically dominant.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Every season, I tell myself to wait and see just how well Kobe will play when it matters most, and see how his fans react. Every year, I read how he's the best. Every year, I tell myself after dissapointing performances how the hype will die down, and how I can't possibly hope to see the same level of hype, but it actually grows. Next season will be no different. Kobe will play well in the regular season barring injury. His fans will forget their previous attitudes of "you'll see" and "he'll prove the haters wrong". They will forget he failed to live up the impossible expectations of a fanbase who doesn't value their favortie player on what he is and has done, but view the player on the level they wish he was. They will tell me once again to wait and see. I think the same way. I am waiting for Kobe to prove them RIGHT. I am waiting for them to realize the player Kobe is, and appreciate all he does without the overexaggerations. I will wait. And at the end of the day, when Kobe retires and there are no more seasons to wait for him to prove them right, they just might get it.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Every season, I tell myself to wait and see just how well Kobe will play when it matters most, and see how his fans react. Every year, I read how he's the best. Every year, I tell myself after dissapointing performances how the hype will die down, and how I can't possibly hope to see the same level of hype, but it actually grows. Next season will be no different. Kobe will play well in the regular season barring injury. His fans will forget their previous attitudes of "you'll see" and "he'll prove the haters wrong". They will forget he failed to live up the impossible expectations of a fanbase who doesn't value their favortie player on what he is and has done, but view the player on the level they wish he was. They will tell me once again to wait and see. I think the same way. I am waiting for Kobe to prove them RIGHT. I am waiting for them to realize the player Kobe is, and appreciate all he does without the overexaggerations. I will wait.

I guess you were also disappointed with the pathetic performance Chris Paul and LeBron James gave?

One looked pathetic against Boston for most of the series, 17 turnovers in 2 games and a dismall FG%. And the other blew a 2-0 lead against San Antonio.

But nah lets concentrate on Kobe, like you haters always do.

starface
08-10-2008, 08:34 PM
kobe's not a zone buster

he's just a buster

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I guess you were also disappointed with the pathetic performance Chris Paul and LeBron James gave?

One looked pathetic against Boston for most of the series, 17 turnovers in 2 games and a dismall FG%. And the other blew a 2-0 lead against San Antonio.

Neither of them have anywhere near the same type of ignorant fanboys proclaiming them the undisputed best players in the league (and acting like it's an insult to suggest otherwise), saying they're comparable to Jordan and all the rest of it.

You just don't get that when you have people that act like that, it's going to cause people to react to it and point out why it's bullshyt do you? It also doesn't help that Kobe has the type of personality that causes many people to dislike him.

I guess people like you live in your own little Kobe World where you're just shocked that people don't like to be told that someone is the greatest when the evidence doesn't bear it out. THAT'S why us "haters" concentrate on Kobe.

If you don't like it, why don't you tell your pals to stop the nonsense? I guarantee you if they did, you wouldn't see it as much. But we both know that will never happen..........

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I personally don't know what you're talking about Knoe.
What fan base are you talking about? Most Laker fans that count on this forum will say to you that LeBron and Kobe are neck in neck. No one considers him to be above everyone in this league, to be on another tier etc.

I don't consider him better then Jordan, or think he's close to being as good as Jordan. So I can't really argue your points because I never see an example of the things you say actually occur.

Ignore the numerous Kobe trolls on this forum, name me some legit Laker fans on this forum who say the things you claim they say?

Showtime
08-10-2008, 08:44 PM

What does this have to do with the topic? Why are you deflecting the point? Isn't that the M.O. of fanboys like you: deflect instead of confront?

Lebron does have the fanboys who overrate him, but he isn't even close to the level of Kobe's hype. Where are the "Is Lebron better than Magic?" articles or discussions on major media networks, websites, and blogs that appear with the same frequency and numbers as Kobe hype? Where are the same legions of fans claiming that Lebron is the greatest player ever RIGHT NOW? The fact is that those ideas aren't as prevalent in the fanbase and media as the Kobe hype. Chris Paul isn't either. He was compared to Isaiah Thomas, but isn't ranked above him. The entire point boils down to this:

The comments about my "disappointment" in that post wouldn't exist if it weren't for the hype created by his own fans and members of the media. If people didn't overrated him, and just accepted him on what he does, not what people want him to be, then there wouldn't be such a backlash. If stupid Laker fans didn't clamor on about how LA was going to wipe the floor with Boston, and how Kobe would demolish the Celtics because he's the best player on the planet and top 5 ever, THERE WOULDN'T BE SO MANY PEOPLE REACTING WITH CRITICISM TO BRING THE ILLOGICAL IDIOTS BACK DOWN TO EARTH.

Guess what: if you fanboys actually shut the fvk up for a while, and refused to post anything positive (outlandish for us ordinary folks) about Kobe, and the media spit out his d!ck (that means you too Mark Jackson), then do you know what would happen? There wouldn't be a high level of criticism about him, because the majority of his critics don't really hate him or his game, they hate the illogical fans who overrate him. It's really YOU that is the problem.

I evaluate Lebron and Paul by what they actually do. I recognize the flaws in their performances, and I don't have a fanboy attitude towards them, so what's your point exactly? I never claimed they were a lock to win, nor do I carry on all day long trying to convince other people that they deserve more hype than their accomplishments merit.

Does Lebron get the same level of hype about his all time status and being compared to the best players of all time, like Kobe is? No. Does Chris Paul get the same level of hype and constantly get compared to the best players of all time? No. Do we read columns by people who say they may be the best players in the game right now, and have potential to improve? Absolutely. But that's a totally different situation than Kobe's. If you aren't intelligent enough to understand what we are talking about, and the difference between Kobe hype, and Chris Paul hype, then don't even bother responding because you just aren't intelligent enough to waste my time.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I personally don't know what you're talking about Knoe.
What fan base are you talking about? Most Laker fans that count on this forum will say to you that LeBron and Kobe are neck in neck. No one considers him to be above everyone in this league, to be on another tier etc.

I don't consider him better then Jordan, or think he's close to being as good as Jordan. So I can't really argue your points because I never see an example of the things you say actually occur.

Ignore the numerous Kobe trolls on this forum, name me some legit Laker fans on this forum who say the things you claim they say?

If it was just me who said it, that would be one thing but whenever ISH does polls like "worst fans" you'll constantly see Kobe Fanatics being ranked at the top. I've been posting on this forum for like 6 years now (damn, time flies) and I've seen more obnoxious and ignorant Kobe fans than any other. And that's something that people regularly agree with. I've stated that there is a difference between Kobe fans and fanatics but unfortunately the fanatics are especially annoying and often drown out the more reasonable voices.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 08:51 PM
What does this have to do with the topic? Why are you deflecting the point? Isn't that the M.O. of fanboys like you: deflect instead of confront?

Lebron does have the fanboys who overrate him, but he isn't even close to the level of Kobe's hype. Where are the "Is Lebron better than Magic?" articles or discussions on major media networks, websites, and blogs that appear with the same frequency and numbers as Kobe hype? Where are the same legions of fans claiming that Lebron is the greatest player ever RIGHT NOW? The fact is that those ideas aren't as prevalent in the fanbase and media as the Kobe hype. Chris Paul isn't either. He was compared to Isaiah Thomas, but isn't ranked above him. The entire point boils down to this:

There wouldn't be disappointment if it weren't for the hype created by his own fans and members of the media. If people didn't overrated him, and just accepted him on what he does, not what people want him to be, then there wouldn't be such a backlash. If stupid Laker fans didn't clamor on about how LA was going to wipe the floor with Boston, and how Kobe would demolish the Celtics because he's the best player on the planet and top 5 ever, THERE WOULDN'T BE SO MANY PEOPLE REACTING WITH CRITICISM TO BRING THE ILLOGICAL IDIOTS BACK DOWN TO EARTH.

Guess what: if you fanboys actually shut the fvk up for a while, and refused to post anything positive (outlandish for us ordinary folks) about Kobe, and the media spit out his d!ck (that means you too Mark Jackson), then do you know what would happen? There wouldn't be a high level of criticism about him, because they don't really hate him or his game, they hate the illogical fans who overrate him. It's really YOU that is the problem.

I evaluate Lebron and Paul by what they actually do. I recognize the flaws in their performances, and I don't have a fanboy attitude towards them, so what's your point exactly? I never claimed they were a lock to win, nor do I carry on all day long trying to prove other people that they deserve more hype than their accomplishments merit.

Does Lebron get the same level of hype about his all time status and being compared to the best players of all time, like Kobe is? No. Does Chris Paul get the same level of hype and constantly get compared to the best players at his position, and all time? No. Do we read columns by people who say they may be the best players in the game right now, and have potential to improve? Absolutely. But that's a totally different situation than Kobe's. If you aren't intelligent enough to understand what we are talking about, and the difference between Kobe hype, and Chris Paul hype, then don't even bother responding because you just aren't intelligent enough to waste my time.

I am not the problem, I don't overrate Kobe. I don't claim he's better then Jordan, or that he's the clear cut best player on the planet.

So how am I the problem? Perhaps you'd like to show some proof instead of making statements that are clearly being pulled out of your ass.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 08:55 PM
I am not the problem, I don't overrate Kobe. I don't claim he's better then Jordan, or that he's the clear cut best player on the planet.

So how am I the problem? Perhaps you'd like to show some proof instead of making statements that are clearly being pulled out of your ass.
Then if you agree with the points, and view yourself as not one of the people described, then why are you arguing with people you agree with?

I honestly can't keep track of these fans with Kobe and LA in their handles, so forgive me for assuming to know your views on Kobe.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 08:55 PM

Right, cause Showtime and I just decided to lie when attempting to explain to you why Kobe gets so much criticism. What, we just made up that there are a lot of obnoxious and ignorant Kobe fans that annoy the hell out of normal fans?

Fine, live in denial then. But don't ask why he gets so much "hate". We tried to tell you.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Then if you agree with the points, and view yourself as not one of the people described, then why are you arguing with people you agree with?

I honestly can't keep track of these fans with Kobe and LA in their handles, so forgive me for assuming to know your views on Kobe.

Well you referred to me as "YOU".
And sometimes it's also hard to interpret posts online, I didn't think you were talking about the hype that surrounds those players respectively.

I agree with what you're saying to a degree, I just fail to see who overrates Kobe like that these days. I don't see any regular Laker fan riding Kobe's nuts the way you guys claim they do.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Also Showtime, I'm a bigger Bynum fan then I am Kobe fan.
I might even consider myself a bigger Odom fan then Kobe fan, I love Kobe and all...I think he's phenomenal, but I put team success above Kobe any day of the week. If you ever see a game thread, I go at Kobe pretty harsh when he starts ball hogging.

But I can't deny something, Kobe is a special special basketball player and to me he's already one of the 15-18 greatest players of all-time.

I don't know if you consider that overrating him or not, but that's how I feel about him.

trig
08-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Nah i dont consider kobe as the zone buster for team usa. imo redd and deron are the zone busters.

I still consider kobe a good shooter. Not a great one though. What bothers me more are people considering him a defensive stopper. He has decent defense but no where near a defensive stopper. You'll see him getting blown by his defenders. He also sometimes looses track of his man.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Well you referred to me as "YOU".
And sometimes it's also hard to interpret posts online, I didn't think you were talking about the hype that surrounds those players respectively.

I agree with what you're saying to a degree, I just fail to see who overrates Kobe like that these days. I don't see any regular Laker fan riding Kobe's nuts the way you guys claim they do.
You don't see people making ridiculous predictions about his performances, specifically leading up to the finals? You never read posts about how Kobe is clearly the best player in the league, and suggesting Lebron or any other talent is offensive and insulting to Kobe? You don't see people posting multiple threads on Kobe about a chinese crowd, with absolutely no point to discuss other than to praise Kobe? You don't see any discussions on TV or columns on the comparison of Kobe to MJ, or comments about Kobe being the best Laker ever? You never see people maximize his good play and talk about how when LA plays well, it's all from Kobe, yet when they struggle, they minimize his play and say his teammates are to blame? C'mon, if you don't consider yourself a fanboy, you have to recognize the unbelievable amount of attention he gets.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Also Showtime, I'm a bigger Bynum fan then I am Kobe fan.
I might even consider myself a bigger Odom fan then Kobe fan, I love Kobe and all...I think he's phenomenal, but I put team success above Kobe any day of the week. If you ever see a game thread, I go at Kobe pretty harsh when he starts ball hogging.

But I can't deny something, Kobe is a special special basketball player and to me he's already one of the 15-18 greatest players of all-time.

I don't know if you consider that overrating him or not, but that's how I feel about him.
I think he will end up a top 5 SG of all time, and in the top 20 all time. I don't see, and a solid argument hasn't even been made to me, about how he's better than Dr J or Jerry West, let alone Jordan. He's a great talent, and I believe he had all the tools necessary to be the GOAT, but he hasn't been able to reach that level. He's better than the Gervins and Drexlers, but not quite at the MJ level.

Jimmy2k8
08-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Time for GTS to add yet another one of these threads to the list of Kobe threads not made be Laker fans or Kobe fans.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Time for GTS to add yet another one of these threads to the list of Kobe threads not made be Laker fans or Kobe fans.
And they wouldn't exist without the fanboys, so some people should consider that the next time they want to post. It's a deadly cycle.

Fanboys post ridiculous comments about Kobe's play.

Reasonable fans as well as legit haters react.

Fanboys create more ridiculous hype because they think Kobe is disrespected by the reaction comments.

What is the first sentence in the OP? "I keep hearing about how great of a shooter this guy is but..."

Stop the hype, and a lot of what is considered "hate" will end.

Jimmy2k8
08-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I got a request for you Showtime. Go and find all of these hype threads that Kobe fans have made..

Stop the hype, and a lot of what is considered "hate" will end.

BS.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 09:21 PM
I got a request for you Showtime. Go and find all of these hype threads that Kobe fans have made..

You don't see people making ridiculous predictions about his performances, specifically leading up to the finals? You never read posts about how Kobe is clearly the best player in the league, and suggesting Lebron or any other talent is offensive and insulting to Kobe? You don't see people posting multiple threads on Kobe about a chinese crowd, with absolutely no point to discuss other than to praise Kobe? You don't see any discussions on TV or columns on the comparison of Kobe to MJ, or comments about Kobe being the best Laker ever? You never see people maximize his good play and talk about how when LA plays well, it's all from Kobe, yet when they struggle, they minimize his play and say his teammates are to blame? C'mon, if you don't consider yourself a fanboy, you have to recognize the unbelievable amount of attention he gets.

Jimmy2k8
08-10-2008, 09:24 PM
This message is hidden because Knoe Itawl is on your ignore list.

Don't know what he said, but I am sure its a typical response from good old KnoeItawl. Who should be banned for eternity.

Knoe,BULLS,Loki,Poseidon,Blogoffatman(deleted, but he's got many other personalities)...are the posters that should never be able to post on this site ever again.

Oh and Sir Charles...and Emeka OkaforXD

dynasty1978
08-10-2008, 09:25 PM

And then compare them to the # of hater created threads...would be interested in Fanboy:Hater thread ratio....past 6 months?

Younggrease
08-10-2008, 09:30 PM

you are the most hatefilled poster on this site. What percentage of your post are in Kobe threads???

Showtime
08-10-2008, 09:37 PM

Are you serious? Did you not read my response to the same point: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2119664&postcount=133

What you consider Kobe "hate" is actually criticism which stems from a desire to counteract the incredible amount of praise/hype about Kobe from both the media and his fanbase. It's not about trying to bring Kobe down, or because the masses have some axe to grind. It's about a response to what many people feel is totally unwarranted hype. Since that's the cause, if the hype stops, so does the majority of the criticism. How is that BS?

This has been the situation since day one for Kobe. Hell, he was voted an All-Star STARTER as an inconsistent bench player, and just another player in the long line of future "Jordans" that the media was labeling. Those 3 titles early on in his career kept the comparison and the hype going, whereas players who didn't have Shaq and didn't win such as Vince Carter, T-Mac, Grant Hill, Jerry Stackhouse, etc had the MJ comparison fade away.

This isn't something that has just appeared recently. It's been there from the beginning. And hopefully, when his career is all over, people will look back and appreciate him for what he was and not what his fans wanted him to be.

Ken_Masters
08-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I think besides LeBron's game 7 against Boston (which was awesome) Kobe did have a better playoffs. But as far as this first game against China in the Olympics, Kobe did play like straight up garbage. He could have done a LOT better.

~LA's fine$t~
08-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I think besides LeBron's game 7 against Boston (which was awesome) Kobe did have a better playoffs. But as far as this first game against China in the Olympics, Kobe did play like straight up garbage. He could have done a LOT better.

Can't say I disagree, I wouldn't use "straight up garbage" to describe Kobe's game though. His defense was great, and he shot 6 for 14. I mean it's bad, but he shot 5 for 7 from within the arc.

Jimmy2k8
08-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Are you serious? Did you not read my response to the same point: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2119664&postcount=133

There was no hype leading to the Finals, other than Insidehoops and ESPN..
Unless you consider ESPN the God of basketball.:rolleyes:

Jimmy2k8
08-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Insidehoops and ESPN are the only major basketball sites that actually hype the players too much...you don't see this often on boards like REALgm. There are going to be a selective group of fans of a particular player(Example:Kobe and Lebron) that hype their players too much.

You may not see Real Kobe fans on these boards or Lebron nut huggers that have the IQ of Kobe nut huggers on these boards...but they're everywhere.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Insidehoops and ESPN are the only major basketball sites that actually hype the players too much...you don't see this often on boards like REALgm. There are going to be a selective group of fans of a particular player(Example:Kobe and Lebron) that hype their players too much.

You may not see Real Kobe fans on these boards or Lebron nut huggers that have the IQ of Kobe nut huggers on these boards...but they're everywhere.
Uh, I've seen the discussions on multiple sites, tv shows, and in real life with real fans. It's not just limited to ESPN and ISH.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 09:51 PM
There was no hype leading to the Finals, other than Insidehoops and ESPN..
Unless you consider ESPN the God of basketball.:rolleyes:
I was talking about hype from BOTH media and his fans, and yes, there was a lot of hype because of Kobe's play through the first 3 rounds, and the whole LA v Boston with bandwagon fans showing up on both sides. Are you honestly trying to tell me that there weren't boat loads of Laker fans appearing with ridiculous comments?

Even fans in LA were getting crap because of that whole "flag" thing where suddenly everybody was a Laker fan.

Jimmy2k8
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Uh, I've seen the discussions on multiple sites, tv shows, and in real life with real fans. It's not just limited to ESPN and ISH.

Whatever. But You're a Kings fan and judging by your background, you're going to have a agenda against any Lakers player. Therefor, you're now on my ignore lists.

You'll be joining Knoe itawl and the many other posters that are hardcore Kobe haters.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 09:58 PM
you are the most hatefilled poster on this site. What percentage of your post are in Kobe threads???

See, to someone as far gone as yourself, pointing out why you don't think Kobe Bryant is the greatest basketball player in the world, why you don't think he's comparable to Michael Jordan, etc. = hate.

To normal people (you know the kind that don't worship him), hate = unfair or irrational criticisms of someone. Like if I was to say he was garbage, or wasn't even top 20 in the league or something like that.

I've never come into a thread and just "hated" on Kobe Bryant. it's usually to counter some ridiculous statement made by an obnoxious fanboy, or counter some of his ridiculous hype.

Why don't YOU explain why everyone hates Kobe Fanboys so much?

Showtime
08-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Whatever. But You're a Kings fan and judging by your background, you're going to have a agenda against any Lakers player. Therefor, you're now on my ignore lists.

Oh, so since I am a fan of a different team, I MUST have an agenda and anything I say is part of said agenda? (this goes back to the defensive, deflective point I made earlier BTW). I really haven't seen these things, heard these things, and discussed these things, because I have an agenda? It couldn't possibly be because you feel you might actually be wrong when you say there isn't/wasn't any hype at all about Kobe leading into the finals? It couldn't be possible that maybe you, as a Kobe fan yourself, have any agenda...now would it? Yeah ok. If I can't be objective, then neither can you.

You'll be joining Knoe itawl and the many other posters that are hardcore Kobe haters.
Only in the minds of the unreasonable and illogical. Think whatever you want, but how could I be a hater if I regard Kobe as highly as I do?

Younggrease
08-10-2008, 09:59 PM
See, to someone as far gone as yourself, pointing out why you don't think Kobe Bryant is the greatest basketball player in the world, why you don't think he's comparable to Michael Jordan, etc. = hate.

To normal people (you know the kind that don't worship him), hate = unfair or irrational criticisms of someone. Like if I was to say he was garbage, or wasn't even top 20 in the league or something like that.

I've never come into a thread and just "hated" on Kobe Bryant. it's usually to counter some ridiculous statement made by an obnoxious fanboy, or counter some of his ridiculous hype.

find one post where I have even put Kobe in the top 15 GOAT? Strawman argument, very predictable.

99% of your posts are in Laker or Kobe threads...your a fanatic just like the fanboys

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 10:03 PM

lmao. All Showtime did was explain in a logical and reasonable fashion his point of view. But guys like this Jimmy dude are waaay too far gone so no matter how rationally you try to explain, not worshipping Kobe = "hating" on him. :oldlol:

This dude exemplifies exactly what we were talking about Showtime. Priceless.

gts
08-10-2008, 10:04 PM
And then compare them to the # of hater created threads...would be interested in Fanboy:Hater thread ratio....past 6 months?threads created by non kobe fans since the finals...this is just since the finals.... not all are bad threads but most of them are and most of them have a strong agenda behind them

Trade Kobe,Sign Lebron?
futurestar35
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96480

Julius Erving or Kobe Bryant, who is considered the better player?
TmacsRockets
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96657

Why do people say don't compare Dwyane Wade to Kobe as if Kobe is much superior?
TmacsRockets
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92862

Lebron, Gasol and Odom
TmacsRockets
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92231

How many titles will the Trio of Kobe, Gasol and Bynum win?
TmacsRockets
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94919

Are Kobe's individual achievements post-2004 worthy of Top-20 alltime status?
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96647

Are Laker fans seriously saying LeBron's supporting cast is better/equal to LA's?
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92026

You just got to love...
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92930

Kobe Bryant's averages for the 2008 NBA Finals: 25.6/5.0/4.6 on 41% shooting
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92018

Now that the Finals are done, IYO, who was the REAL MVP of the ENTIRE season?
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92062

In Kobe's two Finals loses, opposing swingmen won MVP
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92321

Greg Anthony: "You got to remember, Jordan didn't win anything w/o a top-50 teammate"
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92058

You just got to love...
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92930

Fact or Ficition: LeBron has outclassed Kobe Bryant during the peak of his career?
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97112

Replace the best player from the past 28 Finals losers with Kobe Bryant, and...
Primal Fear
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97448

Why is Kobe shooting twice as much as Bynum when he's at 44% and Andrew's at 62%?
I'm Sorry, Guys!
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70979

Bron wants to be Kobe Bryant
Voice of Reason
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24696

Shaq owns kobe!
shaoyut
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96575

Phil Jackson compares Kobe to MJ
Da_Realist
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95830

Are we too hard on Kobe?
Da_Realist
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91891

Why doesn't Fisher and Kobe ....
jrcp3
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91964

The official "Loki and Know were right all along" thread.
Dizzay
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92025

Kobe fans, Kobe haters, MJ comparisons
NoGunzJustSkillz
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92036

Forbes:LeBron Is More Popular Than Kobe & Jordan
Interminator
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91224

Kobe Releases Response To Shaq's Rap
Interminator
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95339

Kobe Bryant is not 6'4, he is 6'6 if not 6'7
VeeCee15
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95176

Kobe has the Marty McFly shoes??
ConanRulesNBC
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95168

Kobe Bryant could be a free agent next summer
Posterize246
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94751

Congrads Kobe: You're not even the best player on your team!
poeticism707
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68551

Well, add one more fan to the Kobe group...
gencbiba
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94338

If Kobe and Lebron leave the NBA.....
myfishjustdied
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98987

Kobe Bryant Earns My Respect
Knoe Itawl
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94194

Rumor: Kobe Bryant Affair With Laker Girl Vanessa Curry?
statman32
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88767

Bryant won't discuss Shaq or his rap
doinitbig06
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93728

Will the Hawks make the playoffs next season? is Joe Johnson > Kobe Bryant ?
doinitbig06
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92647

If Kobe Did That....
KingLeBronJames
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93800

If Kobe was your team's GM,...
TheProphet
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93499

Kobe responds wih relaxing vacation with his dime of a wife.
bokes15
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93196

Kobe Strikes Back!!
Lo1a
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93118

What's really your beef with Kobe? You don't like him because...
QuickTrigger
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93098

Kobe Bryant vs. Zone Defense
Scott Pippen
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92809

If Kobe Was as Good A Teammates as Steve Francis....
Dasher
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92369

Kobe Bryant vs. Pau Gasol in the Olympics
LoPro4u2c
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92081

Lebron James vs Kobe Bryant
v-unit
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90694

What TEAM would you rather have?
aznboy2k2
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96725

Kobe Bryant in an NBA fight
aznboy2k2
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98188

If the Lakers had Iverson instead of Bryant, Would they have a Better Chance?
Sir Charles
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96768

If the Lakers had JJ Reddick instead of Kobe, Would they have a better chance?
stewen12
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96769

ISH Vote: The Truth or Kobe?
The_Truth34
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96789

Who has more machismo? Razom Ramon, or Kobe Bryant
$ci
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7307

Kobe's Slam Dunk Title ...Overrated??Hype??
23jordan23
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97033

If Iverson Took Part in the 97 Slam Dunk Contest??
23jordan23
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97034

Paul Pierce saying he is the best, not Kobe
Piercethetruth
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97076

Kobe = Priceless
Foster5k
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91415

kobe like mayo
loot
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97712

Michael Jordan says he can beat Kobe in his prime.
Noob Saibot
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97809

Micahel Jordan said he would crush Kobe in his prime
DreamYaoTmac5
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97945

MJ - "Kobe would win because I'm older... In my Prime? Not even a contest"
Penny4MVP2k
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98566

Jordan: 'In My Prime, No Contest' Against Kobe
Attila
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97985

Jordan/Shaq and Kobe/Pippen
dr8ked
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98031

Kobe Bryant lockdown defense article
Scott Pippen
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98056

Kobe Bryant vs Dwyane Wade
VCMVP1551
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98058

How can we have a Kobe vs Bird thread but not a Kobe vs Vince thread???
Piercethetruth
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98240

Kobe Bryant and Vince Carter by the numbers
Piercethetruth
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98544

Sir Charles or Kobe who is greater?
Piercethetruth
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98036

Kobe to play in Russia for 40 mil/yr?
LBJ 4 MVP
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98347

Kobe to test international market before resigning, who wants him to go?
Manute for Ever!
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98966

now until somebody can even find half the amount of threads created by kobe fans in the main forum since the finals, knoe and showtime can shut the eff up because they have no idea what they are talking about..they are just arguing to make a point that does not exist.... the fact is that it is non kobe fans that make up a vast majority of the posts and threads about kobe....

do some kobe fans overate him yes they do, are there obnoxious kobe fans, you bet... but the numbers do not compare to the posters that spew out kobe/lakers hate on a daily basis here on ISH

SoCalMike
08-10-2008, 10:06 PM
well done gts... it gets old!

:pimp:

Allstar24
08-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I would say the reasoning with me backing up my opinion separates me from the trolls. Anybody who disagrees with you is not "trolling." We're debating, its what people do on message boards. If you could take off you're purple tinted sunglasses, and realize that because I'm comparing Bron's performance to Kobe's, and saying that I think Bron was better that I'm not trolling.

And yes, I feel the negatives from Kobe's final performance of this year's Finals outweighs all the good of his playoff run. I'm sorry but if you don't realize the hit on his legacy (at least as of now) he took then you're just not realizing how big this letdown was.
Actually I take back what I said. After reading some of the other responses in this thread (Knoe, Showtime etc), yours is reasonable. My point was, I don't get your reasoning. How can one game change Kobe's legacy? Yes his final game of the year against the best team in the league was pretty awful, but everyone seems to remember that game and hang onto it but forget to give him any credit for his amazing series against the defending champions Spurs.

If you think Kobe's bad performance in this year's finals will take a hit on his legacy, shouldn't you also think that LeBron getting swept in the finals will take a hit on his legacy? But since you love LeBron, he can do no wrong in your eyes...

Allstar24
08-10-2008, 10:11 PM
LOL gts, that was funny man.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
find one post where I have even put Kobe in the top 15 GOAT? Strawman argument, very predictable.

99% of your posts are in Laker or Kobe threads...your a fanatic just like the fanboys

By as far gone as you, I meant that someone such as yourself perceives any comment about Kobe other than worship as "hate". That's why you said I was the most "hatefilled" person on here, even though I'm often agreed with by even Laker fans (including in this very thread).

In my book "hate" = saying untrue or irrational things about someone just because you dislike them, and I always back up whatever criticisms I make about Bryant and most of the time I don't just blindly criticize him, it's usually to counter some hyperbole concerning him that I disagree with.

Thus, your contention about me being the most "hatefilled" person on here, is just more Kobe Fanboy ranting because I dare to challenge his alleged superiority.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 10:16 PM
now until somebody can even find half the amount of threads created by kobe fans in the main forum since the finals, knoe and showtime can shut the eff up because they have no idea what they are talking about..they are just arguing to make a point that does not exist.... the fact is that it is non kobe fans that make up a vast majority of the posts and threads about kobe....

do some kobe fans overate him yes they do, are there obnoxious kobe fans, you bet... but the numbers do not compare to the posters that spew out kobe/lakers hate on a daily basis here on ISH
Apparently, you didn't read my post. I didn't say anything about a "post finals" time period. I said the majority of critics are a result of the stuff from fanboys and the media, which started at the beginning of his career, and escalated after his championships to the level it's at now. Why don't you go read some stuff after the Spurs series, but before the finals? Then you might understand the discussions in many of those links you posted.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 10:22 PM

See if you can comprehend this. In the past 6 years since I've been posting on ISH (and also outside of ISH) the amount of hype behind Kobe Bryant vs. what he's actually EARNED has been through the roof.

That's why when there are ISH polls about the worst fans, Kobe fans always come out on top. That's why you have so many people now that take every opportunity to point out his failings. It's partially because many people think he's an Ahole but it's mainly because his fanboys have overrated him so much.

So taking a few links (some of which are Kobe fans despite your assertion, such as Nogunz) in comparison to 6+ years or so of overrating proves absolutely nothing.

Like most Kobe fans you're stuck in your little bubble where people just got up one day and decided to "hate" on him for absolutely no reason.

Fatal9
08-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Outplayed Kobe head to head, performed better in the playoffs when it matters (stepped up against Boston in a way Kobe didn't), and on Team USA Lebron does EVERYTHING.
26/7/6 on 35% (25% through first four games) with 5.6 turnovers per game is stepping up? :oldlol:

mjbulls23
08-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Oh, so since I am a fan of a different team, I MUST have an agenda and anything I say is part of said agenda? (this goes back to the defensive, deflective point I made earlier BTW). I really haven't seen these things, heard these things, and discussed these things, because I have an agenda? It couldn't possibly be because you feel you might actually be wrong when you say there isn't/wasn't any hype at all about Kobe leading into the finals? It couldn't be possible that maybe you, as a Kobe fan yourself, have any agenda...now would it? Yeah ok. If I can't be objective, then neither can you.

Only in the minds of the unreasonable and illogical. Think whatever you want, but how could I be a hater if I regard Kobe as highly as I do?

just stop it. You've been here 2 years. You should know better than to try and be objective in a Kobe thread.

I advise you to just don't talk to most of them before you become another Loki (pretty good poster who has now become a Kobe basher due to the fanboys).

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 10:30 PM
most of the people comparing kobe and jordan anymore are the kobe haters. that is a fact.

Knoe Itawl
08-10-2008, 10:34 PM
just stop it. You've been here 2 years. You should know better than to try and be objective in a Kobe thread.

I advise you to just don't talk to most of them before you become another Loki (pretty good poster who has now become a Kobe basher due to the fanboys).

This is actually true. I usually try to stay above the fray these days, but every now and then most rational people want to try to reason with people so I get caught up sometimes.

But yeah, there really is no reasoning with his fanboys. It's like trying to reason with a Scientologist or other cult member.

Best thing to do is just enjoy him continuing to not live up to the hype.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 10:35 PM
And yet everything I said was true according to him. And that's why a groupie like yourself wants me ignored. Easier to ignore the truth then deal with it, when you don't like it..............right?

come on bro, you know arguing with you is just asking to go in circles for 2 or 3 pages. you don't like kobe bryant, I get it, we get it. I am just saying to the particular poster to save him aggravation it is just better to ignore you. just like you chose to ignore the many kobe fans that get on your nerves. :D

mjbulls23
08-10-2008, 10:46 PM
This is actually true. I usually try to stay above the fray these days, but every now and then most rational people want to try to reason with people so I get caught up sometimes.

But yeah, there really is no reasoning with his fanboys. It's like trying to reason with a Scientologist or other cult member.

Best thing to do is just enjoy him continuing to not live up to the hype.

I actually enjoy watching him, he's my all time favorite guard period after Mike & KJ, I just can't stand to see him catch so much hate because of the media and his lovers that call themselves Lakers fans.

Showtime
08-10-2008, 11:01 PM
most of the people comparing kobe and jordan anymore are the kobe haters. that is a fact.
And I will state this FACT: many of those responses come as a result of INDIRECT comparisons to MJ.

For example, check this fictional conversation:

Kobe is the best shooting guard of all time. He's top 3 player of all time, behind Magic and Kareem, and will probably eclipse them when he retires with 3-5 more rings. GOAT IMO.

Now, that fictional post (inspired by similar comments), doesn't ever bring up Jordan directly. However, it indirectly compares them, because MJ is widely considered the greatest player of all time, as well as the best shooting guard of all time, so saying Kobe is the GOAT player and GOAT SG, it inherently says that Kobe eclipses MJ. Now, when those comments happen, you get a response like this:

Kobe isn't near Jordan's level yet, and here's why:

*proceeds to list a ton of stats*

Kobe is great, but isn't better than MJ

Response from Kobefan:

Why do you have to hate on Kobe? Your love of MJ spawns biased to where you can't ever accept another player to be better than him. You have placed him on an unreachable pedestal and not giving Kobe his props. Hater.

Dude, MJ is so highly regarded because of what he did on the court. When a player comes along that's better than MJ, there won't need to be a debate. Kobe is a great player, but he's not on MJ's level.

Whatever hater.

Now, the Kobe fan never brought up the MJ comparison directly, but did it indirectly, whether intending to or not. So you blaming the "kobe haters" for constantly trying to bring Kobe down by the comparisons to MJ need to take a long hard look at why some people post what they post.

Paladin55
08-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Man oh man! Don't know what some of you guys are going to do if Bryant and James take off for Europe.

What if Lebron decides to stay, but migrates eastward? Will I have to get involved in the great Kobe/James debate when Lebron comes over to the Knicks in a few years? I just can't wait to join the conflict.

konex
08-10-2008, 11:12 PM

Let's get this straight...Loki was ALWAYS a Kobe-basher.

I agree he's a good guy/poster but we go way back (2000/2001) on another forum and he's always been anti-Kobe. Don't let what he says here fool you :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Man oh man! Don't know what some of you guys are going to do if Bryant and James take off for Europe.

What if Lebron decides to stay, but migrates eastward? Will I have to get involved in the great Kobe/James debate when Lebron comes over to the Knicks in a few years? I just can't wait to join the conflict.

:roll:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-10-2008, 11:15 PM
And I will state this FACT: many of those responses come as a result of INDIRECT comparisons to MJ.

For example, check this fictional conversation:

Now, that fictional post (inspired by similar comments), doesn't ever bring up Jordan directly. However, it indirectly compares them, because MJ is widely considered the greatest player of all time, as well as the best shooting guard of all time, so saying Kobe is the GOAT player and GOAT SG, it inherently says that Kobe eclipses MJ. Now, when those comments happen, you get a response like this:

Response from Kobefan:

Now, the Kobe fan never brought up the MJ comparison directly, but did it indirectly, whether intending to or not. So you blaming the "kobe haters" for constantly trying to bring Kobe down by the comparisons to MJ need to take a long hard look at why some people post what they post.

awww for me? :cheers:

mjbulls23
08-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Let's get this straight...Loki was ALWAYS a Kobe-basher.

I agree he's a good guy/poster but we go way back (2000/2001) on another forum and he's always been anti-Kobe. Don't let what he says here fool you :oldlol:

Probably. But my point was that it's a 2 way cycle and Loki likely would have not been as big a Kobe basher as he is now to the point where he has the custom tag.

If I'm wrong, then I'm sure that statement applies to a lot of other posters here as well.

Sroek
08-10-2008, 11:22 PM
hey ur on ISH.Only today counts.A guy could have 100 pts in 81 gms out of the season, but if he goes 1-14 in the 82nd gm he complete thrash.Cp3 had one bad olympic gm and they are killing him.

Yep, ISH posters have got to be some of the dumbest people on this planet. Their judgments are always based on what they last saw.

konex
08-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Probably. But my point was that it's a 2 way cycle and Loki likely would have not been as big a Kobe basher as he is now to the point where he has the custom tag.

If I'm wrong, then I'm sure that statement applies to a lot of other posters here as well.

Dude you are wrong. Loki is a guy we always made fun of cos all he ever posted was lengthy posts about MJ. And while he knows basketball, his only thoughts about the current NBA were to point how how Kobe was "copying MJ" or how he wasn't as good.

Maybe you can use other posters bu not Loki. He's a guy who's been anti-Kobe from the start because of the MJ comparisons. Kinda like some Kobe fans here are with LeBron :hammerhead:

RoseCity07
08-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Some many Kobe fan arguments are "Your basing it off of 1 game". They say after every bad game Kobe has, so no it isn't after just one bad game. It's after the many bad games he has fuc.ked up in.

Diesel J
08-11-2008, 12:28 AM
People who the **** cares about who did better than who during the playoffs. This is a god damn Olympic thread...:pimp:

:rockon:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-11-2008, 12:33 AM
zone buster (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIBYF_3_7Fk)

HANNIBAL SMITH
08-11-2008, 04:14 AM
:oldlol: Oh My goodness. People are actually having nervous breakdowns and typing college essays over an NBA players career supposedly being overhyped and etc on a freakin message board. Some of you mutha****as need to GET A LIFE. Wasting time and energy rambling over BULLSHIT on the internet.

Team USA won by 31 points yet people are bitching about Kobe's shooting ? On the very first game? Are you ****ing kidding me? Whats the agenda for you people, to see the US win the gold, or see the US win the gold with everybody not named Kobe getting all the shine/credit? Thats what i think it is.

plowking
08-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Kobe is really getting on my nerves in terms of offense. Sure he is doing a great job defensively, but so are the majority of the USA players.

He keeps taking shots in akward positions, holding the offense up, passing way after an open shot was available and generally making the offense stagnent. I like the offense a lot more when Kobe is out. It's a lot more free flowing and USA gets better shots.

konex
08-11-2008, 04:57 AM
Kobe is really getting on my nerves in terms of offense. Sure he is doing a great job defensively, but so are the majority of the USA players.

He keeps taking shots in akward positions, holding the offense up, passing way after an open shot was available and generally making the offense stagnent. I like the offense a lot more when Kobe is out. It's a lot more free flowing and USA gets better shots.

The problem is that there are too many score-first guys in the starting lineup and they are playing an uptempo system on top of that. If Coach K got off his ass and actually called plays, the offense would be smoother.

Right now, they haven't needed that cos of weak opponents but you have to have a system for the tougher teams..

Heretik32
08-11-2008, 05:00 AM
As I've said before, it's not Kobe's fault. It's not Melo's fault either. It's the guys that put together this team that have to be hit in the face with a shovel.

Those guys are born and bred go to guys. They want the ball in their hands. Put them on an international stage and of course they're trying to force things. It's only natural.

plowking
08-11-2008, 08:43 AM
The problem is that there are too many score-first guys in the starting lineup and they are playing an uptempo system on top of that. If Coach K got off his ass and actually called plays, the offense would be smoother.

Right now, they haven't needed that cos of weak opponents but you have to have a system for the tougher teams..

I know. At the moment in offense all I see is 1 guy dribbling the ball while the rest stand around and wait for it. There should be constant movement on offense, and most of all they should be constantly looking to drive or go inside to Dwight. If not kick out when the zone collapses and you have open shots on the outside. At the moment everything is forced.

Knoe Itawl
08-11-2008, 08:47 AM
As I've said before, it's not Kobe's fault. It's not Melo's fault either. It's the guys that put together this team that have to be hit in the face with a shovel.

Those guys are born and bred go to guys. They want the ball in their hands. Put them on an international stage and of course they're trying to force things. It's only natural.

Just like the Dream Team, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Heretik32
08-11-2008, 08:48 AM

Back then a) the individual talent on Dream Team was higher and b) the competition was nowhere near where it's today.

2LeTTeRS
08-11-2008, 09:08 AM

What you said is true. You see so many ridiculous things on this site on both sides that you end up picking a side without thinking about it.

I would say I'm pretty indifferent about Kobe, never really thought of myself as a fan or anti-Kobe, but a lot of the posters here would say I'm a hater. The thing is I don't think about it like that, I just love basketball (its history, and the current game) and like to argue. If I see a discussion here that I like I'll jump in, and if somebody says something stupid (whether on against or on Kobe's side like in the Kobe = Vince Carter thread), I'll tell my opinion on how I think things acutally are. Too bad up here you can't do that without people questioning if you have an agenda.

ZeN
08-12-2008, 03:36 AM
:oldlol: riiight....:banana:

Loki
08-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Back then a) the individual talent on Dream Team was higher and b) the competition was nowhere near where it's today.

LOL @ this. In the games I've seen so far this year (prelims and vs. China), the defense and offensive execution is poorer than it was for the majority of DT's opponents in 1992. The games I've seen have been a joke, really.

People have been inferring that comp is so great now because we've been getting our asses handed to us. But that's backwards reasoning. We've been losing because we're simply not that good at team ball (until now, hopefully). Watch the actual games and you'll see that the average team's defense and execution is no better than that of DT92's opponents, and the best teams today aren't that much better (if at all) than the best team they faced (Croatia).

Heretik32
08-12-2008, 03:57 AM
LOL @ this. In the games I've seen so far this year (prelims and vs. China), the defense and offensive execution is poorer than it was for the majority of DT's opponents in 1992. The games I've seen have been a joke, really.

That's cause Kobe makes them completely break down. Jordan wasn't able to do that.

plowking
08-12-2008, 03:58 AM

Don't kid yourself, the only team that was competitive back when the Dream Team played was Croatia.

Indian guy
08-12-2008, 04:47 AM
People have been inferring that comp is so great now because we've been getting our asses handed to us. But that's backwards reasoning. We've been losing because we're simply not that good at team ball (until now, hopefully). Watch the actual games and you'll see that the average team's defense and execution is no better than that of DT92's opponents, and the best teams today aren't that much better (if at all) than the best team they faced (Croatia).

Nah, gotta disagree here. How could the world not be better today? Basketball's popularity exploded globally after 1992. The league's loaded with non-American ball players now, which wasn't the case at all 15-20 years ago. That itself is an indication of the massive improvement in talent. No doubt, there are still numerous sucky teams that are just as bad as some teams 15-20 years ago. But the best 4-5 non-US teams have come a long way from what the best used to be then. More skilled, more athletic, better conditioned and a lot more intelligent. Sure, stylistically or execution wise they are still the same, but the average individual player is significantly more capable. Physically too the top teams have been able to match-up well once the game's slowed down. The '92 DT used to run layup/dunk drills even when the game slowed down. It was just ridiculous how easily they penetrated off-the-dribble against the zone. I just haven't seen the US do that against top competition the last 4-6 years. And these teams have featured penetrators like AI, LeBron and Wade.

The world, the top teams at least, has come too far defensively for the competition to still be considered the same. Which isn't to say the '92 DT wouldn't dominate today, but no way they'd be winning each game by an average of 44 ppg.

EricForman
08-12-2008, 04:55 AM
yes... come on loki, dont be so unreasonable.

we all know 92 dream team is better than this team, u dont have to downplay this team even more by saying they faced WEAKER competitions as well.

Loki
08-12-2008, 05:10 AM
The teams I've seen this year have been legitimately terrible, especially on defense. But their offensive execution was also very poor, which I was surprised about, since that's where I figured teams had made the biggest gains.

Teams today may be better, but they're not orders of magnitude better like people make it seem imo.

Loki
08-12-2008, 05:13 AM
Don't kid yourself, the only team that was competitive back when the Dream Team played was Croatia.

Yeah, because that was the only team good enough to hang somewhat. I'm looking at the ACTUAL PLAY of the teams on the court. You're reasoning backwards from effect (Dream Team winning by 30 every game) to cause (the opposition sucked save for one team). If you watched the actual games and look at the execution of the teams involved, you'd realize that there's not this gaping chasm people like to pretend exists just because we've gotten our asses handed to us for a while now.

Honestly, how many transition baskets are Team USA getting this year? Tons. As many as the original DT (or more) from what I've seen. But team defense is better? These squads can't even handle a little pressure on the perimeter and are constantly turning the ball over to the US, but execution is better? How is it any different?

Fallguy20
08-12-2008, 05:23 AM

When Barkley is the 6th man, thats when you know your team is friggan stacked

Tainted Sword
08-12-2008, 05:35 AM

You have a pretty decent act, I’ll admit that. You pretend to be objective, yet everytime you post in a Kobe related thread it’s to b*tch about how his fans turned the hater trolls into “teh monsters”. Give me a break, there aren’t nearly as many fanboy trolls as haters and it’s been that way for quite a while. Loki is not a good poster. Period. He's an obsessed idiot who seriously needs to get a life. =)

Loki
08-12-2008, 05:40 AM
[QUOTE=Tainted Sword]You have a pretty decent act, I

Heretik32
08-12-2008, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=Tainted Sword]Give me a break, there aren

Tainted Sword
08-12-2008, 05:54 AM
You're hurting my feewings. :( :cry:
Don't get upset, Loki, it's not your fault. Laker fans made you this way~! [/mjbulls23]

BrianScalabrine
08-12-2008, 07:39 AM
If by 'zone' you mean 'team chemistry' then yeah.

Diesel J
08-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Great shooting by Kobe today:confusedshrug:

4/13 FGA (most on the team) 0/8 from 3

http://www.nbcolympics.com/basketball/resultsandschedules/rsc=BKM400B06/index.html

ronnymac
08-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Kobe=overrated. he just dosent get it. he knows he's shot is off, yet he still chucks up bricks from all corners of china.

All Net
08-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Kobe is struggling but I'm sure he will get it togeather. He is too good not to. At the end of the day team US don't need him to be on top form now, they need him for the final 3 games to get the gold.

Diesel J
08-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Kobe is struggling but I'm sure he will get it togeather. He is too good not to. At the end of the day team US don't need him to be on top form now, they need him for the final 3 games to get the gold.

I don't think Kobe will "fix" it because he;s the kind of player than needs the ball in his hands most of the time. He has no off the ball game. You would think playing with a team full of all stars Kobe would learn how to cut/drive to the hoop for the easy two but instead he shows why his Fg% stays so low

konex
08-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Coach K might wanna look into starting Deron. It would improve the spacing for a guy like Kobe who drives with finesse and not power..

Diesel J
08-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Coach K might wanna look into starting Deron. It would improve the spacing for a guy like Kobe who drives with finesse and not power..

Wade seems to have no trouble scoring at the hoop. He's also a finesse driver/finisher.:confusedshrug:

tontoz
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
It is bad enough being 0-8 from 3. But taking 8 threes in 18 minutes? :confusedshrug:

Kobe took more shots from deep than Lebron took total.

BigTicket
08-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Its not his cold streak that bothers me, everyone goes through those, its the shot selection. I mean 15 ****ing threes in 2 games ? Especially against teams with very porous defense, he should be making layups, not shooting pointless threes.

konex
08-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Its not his cold streak that bothers me, everyone goes through those, its the shot selection. I mean 15 ****ing threes in 2 games ? Especially against teams with very porous defense, he should be making layups, not shooting pointless threes.

It seems to me that he's using these games vs. weak teams as shooting practice. Nothing inside at all except it's in transition...

Lebron23
08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Time to close this thread, and let Mr. 10 do his thing against the Spanish National Team. :cheers:

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2008, 10:22 AM

Agreed. Kobe should be able to score at will against these teams but from what I've seen he's been settling for bad shots, even when he knew he was on a cold streak. Thats not smart basketball. When you're shots not falling, take somebody off the dribble and get the easy 2 instead of forcing jumper after jumper. This is Kobe's style though I guess it works for him.

Kobe24
08-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Do you guys even know what you're talking about? Yup, Kobe just randomly comes out and starts firing on 3's even though he can't hit one. Yup, logical. Maybe to the average ISH poster with the IQ of 5. You guys REALLY think Kobe's gameplan coming here was to just jack up 3's? No, you idiots. Gameplan is to establish a rhythm NOW instead of later. Obviously he hasn't established one but he's doing it now against the weaker teams rather than later against the stronger opponents. You think if Kobe were to just jack up 3's for no APPARENT reason, coach K would bench him. I swear, this forum just gets dumber by the minute.

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Do you guys even know what you're talking about? Yup, Kobe just randomly comes out and starts firing on 3's even though he can't hit one. Yup, logical. Maybe to the average ISH poster with the IQ of 5. You guys REALLY think Kobe's gameplan coming here was to just jack up 3's? No, you idiots. Gameplan is to establish a rhythm NOW instead of later. Obviously he hasn't established one but he's doing it now against the weaker teams rather than later against the stronger opponents. You think if Kobe were to just jack up 3's for no APPARENT reason, coach K would bench him. I swear, this forum just gets dumber by the minute.

So wait you think its ok that Kobe tries to "establish a rhythm" from behind the arc, while being ice cold and to brick shot after shot instead of taking better shots or passing to a teammate with a hot hand? What?

Nobody is questioning Kobe's talent or accomplishments, but if you think its good for the team to jack 15 3s in 2 games when you're shots are not falling, then you're revealing yourself as only cheering for 1 man and not the team. Kobe should be looking to score, but all his points don't have to come off 3 pointers, and he can score within the flow of the offense instead of forcing the issue taking shots with a hand in his face.

Heretik32
08-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Nothing more valuable for a team than a guy who tries to establish his rhythm by throwing up threes when there's four other superstars on his team who are already in their respective rhythms...

Kobe24
08-12-2008, 11:20 AM
So wait you think its ok that Kobe tries to "establish a rhythm" from behind the arc, while being ice cold and to brick shot after shot instead of taking better shots or passing to a teammate with a hot hand? What?

Nobody is questioning Kobe's talent or accomplishments, but if you think its good for the team to jack 15 3s in 2 games when you're shots are not falling, then you're revealing yourself as only cheering for 1 man and not the team. Kobe should be looking to score, but all his points don't have to come off 3 pointers, and he can score within the flow of the offense instead of forcing the issue taking shots with a hand in his face.

Umm... other than Redd who doesn't get much playing time, Kobe is the designated shooter so he NEEDS to establish a feel for the game. I'm sure Kobe could have EASILY just drove past those no name players but it's not his driving game that needs help, it's his shooting. I'm sure if anybody had a problem with it, they would have spoken to him or coach K would have benched him. Just saying...

Heretik32
08-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Is it so hard to just once admit that your darling boy played like garbage without serving any higher goal?

tontoz
08-12-2008, 11:22 AM

In other words he is completely ignoring the other players on his team and thinking only of himself. Thanks for the clarification.

Kobe24
08-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Is it so hard to just once admit that your darling boy played like garbage without serving any higher goal?

I already admitted that he played like garbage both games. This thread is overreaction at it's finest. Coach K should bench Kobe since that's what you guys all want. But... who's gonna guard the best guard every game?

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Umm... other than Redd who doesn't get much playing time, Kobe is the designated shooter so he NEEDS to establish a feel for the game. I'm sure Kobe could have EASILY just drove past those no name players but it's not his driving game that needs help, it's his shooting. I'm sure if anybody had a problem with it, they would have spoken to him or coach K would have benched him. Just saying...

Coach K hasn't done anything because this is Kobe. For better or worse this is how he plays, he needs his shots and more often then not when he's open he makes them. The onus to change his game and attack the basket more often should be on Kobe, not his coach or his teammates. Taking 8 3s when you're ice cold from deep just isn't good strategy.

I already admitted that he played like garbage both games. This thread is overreaction at it's finest. Coach K should bench Kobe since that's what you guys all want. But... who's gonna guard the best guard every game?

If you can admit that then I'm done. There is some overreaction going on, but Kobe did play poorly in both of these games.

Kobe24
08-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Coach K hasn't done anything because this is Kobe. For better or worse this is how he plays, he needs his shots and more often then not when he's open he makes them. The onus to change his game and attack the basket more often should be on Kobe, not his coach or his teammates. Taking 8 3s when you're ice cold from deep just isn't good strategy.

If you can admit that then I'm done.

So all you needed from me was to say that Kobe played bad? I'm not that big of a fan boy to not admit his bad games.

Heretik32
08-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I'm cool with that. It's just that it annoys the heck out of me when I read stuff like "Kobe only shot 0 for 8, but that's because..." or anything. Any player has a bad day, Kobe has a bad tourney so far, but he'll have to defend himself on the court in order to make up for that. No amount of fanboi defense will suffice.

So no offense:cheers:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2008, 11:40 AM
arguing over non-sense for how many pages? lol. and all because u want somebody to say kobe had a bad game? lmfao.

http://www.kevininscoe.com/pub/stop_whining_and_get_a_life.jpg

Heretik32
08-12-2008, 11:41 AM
arguing over non-sense for how many pages? lol. and all because u want somebody to say kobe had a bad game? lmfao.

So he didn't?

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2008, 11:45 AM
So he didn't?

no he didn't have a bad game, missing 8 3 pointers is perfectly normal and is a sign of excellence.

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2008, 12:09 PM
So all you needed from me was to say that Kobe played bad? I'm not that big of a fan boy to not admit his bad games.

Honestly from the looks of you're first post, yes I thought you didn't have it in you to say Kobe played bad. You didn't make any mention of him having a bad game, instead you called everybody else around here idiots for over dissecting the game and that was it. Don't believe me? Read it again for yourself.

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2008, 12:12 PM

http://www.kevininscoe.com/pub/stop_whining_and_get_a_life.jpg

The fact that you're trying to get my attention so that instead of arguing with Kobe24 I'm arguing with you in the same thread would mean that you need a life too right? And seeing that the time I get most my posts in is between 8 and 5 when I'm at work, where you seem to be up here basically all day everyday also suggests that maybe you should take you're own advice.

Heilige
08-12-2008, 12:30 PM

:applause: :applause:

Good points. That is exactly how I feel about how he has played thus far.

GMW
08-12-2008, 12:45 PM

I think you make a fair point, though plenty of Kobe's bricked 3s were open shots. Also, you are definitely right that it hurts the team in the short run, but in the long run it's indeed better for him to brick them now, rather than against good teams. Whether taking so many 3s now will make him hit them later is a different matter...

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
The fact that you're trying to get my attention so that instead of arguing with Kobe24 I'm arguing with you in the same thread would mean that you need a life too right? And seeing that the time I get most my posts in is between 8 and 5 when I'm at work, where you seem to be up here basically all day everyday also suggests that maybe you should take you're own advice.

maybe...

mjbulls23
08-12-2008, 12:54 PM
[QUOTE=Tainted Sword][B]You have a pretty decent act, I

gts
08-12-2008, 01:03 PM
You have a pretty decent act, I’ll admit that. You pretend to be objective, yet everytime you post in a Kobe related thread it’s to b*tch about how his fans turned the hater trolls into “teh monsters”. Give me a break, there aren’t nearly as many fanboy trolls as haters and it’s been that way for quite a while. Loki is not a good poster. Period. He's an obsessed idiot who seriously needs to get a life. =)2 great points, well said

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2008, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
You have a pretty decent act, I

TBurge
08-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Kobe Bryant is a good shooter but you have to remember he has an INJURED PINKIE that will require surgery after the Olympics. I don't know WHY people seem to forget this. It affects him more than he lets on and people should be smart enough to realize it.

mjbulls23
08-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Kobe Bryant is a good shooter but you have to remember he has an INJURED PINKIE that will require surgery after the Olympics. I don't know WHY people seem to forget this. It affects him more than he lets on and people should be smart enough to realize it.

+1

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM

is he gonna get the surgery for sure?

Valliant13
08-12-2008, 01:22 PM

This is where the Coach should step in, realize he's injured and hurting the team, start Wade, and bring Redd off the bench. And his defense, especially his perimeter defense, has been substandard as well (so that is not an excuse to keep him in).

I'm honestly beginning to think Nike/NBA marketing department has far too much say in who is getting minutes. Of all the players struggling, the biggest weakness on team USA right now is the coaching.

mjbulls23
08-12-2008, 01:23 PM
is he gonna get the surgery for sure?

why wouldn't he?

Diesel J
08-12-2008, 01:26 PM

even more reason for him to use his bball IQ and get a closer look:violin:

Loki
08-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Nothing more valuable for a team than a guy who tries to establish his rhythm by throwing up threes when there's four other superstars on his team who are already in their respective rhythms...

I'm sure Kobe could have EASILY just drove past those no name players but it's not his driving game that needs help, it's his shooting.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-12-2008, 01:30 PM
why wouldn't he?

i don't know..figured maybe the injury would just go away or it would be one of them nagging injuries somebody suffers with for the duration of their career. why say anything, but answer the question i asked? i swear people on this site just look for fights..i mean i get it mjbulls...ur a big tough guy, but i don't want any trouble...please don't hurt me.

tontoz
08-12-2008, 01:31 PM

Which is all the more reason not to jack up 8 threes in 18 minutes.

mjbulls23
08-12-2008, 01:33 PM
i don't know..figured maybe the injury would just go away or it would be one of them nagging injuries somebody suffers with for the duration of their career. why say anything, but answer the question i asked? i swear people on this site just look for fights..

that was my answer. He's said before that surgery will be held off until after the season and the olympics. I'm sorry if you took offense, once again. :cheers:

Loki
08-12-2008, 01:33 PM

Somehow the same injured pinkie didn't affect his shooting for the final 20 games of the season or the first three rounds of the playoffs. It's a convenient excuse trotted out whenever Kobe has a bad game.

Diesel J
08-12-2008, 01:35 PM

Somehow the same injured pinkie didn't affect his shooting for the final 20 games of the season or the first three rounds of the playoffs. It's a convenient excuse trotted out whenever Kobe has a bad game.

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
maybe...

2LeTTeRS KD

I've been here a while, since 2003 actually. All in all you post more then me, but in the last year I've had a job where I've been at a computer for 8 hours a day with a lot of leisure time. If anything you proved my point that most of my posts have come since working here.

Jimmy2k8
08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
2LeTTeRS KD

I've been here a while, since 2003 actually. All in all you post more then me, but in the last year I've had a job where I've been at a computer for 8 hours a day with a lot of leisure time. If anything you proved my point that most of my posts have come since working here.

Why did you switch accounts anyway?

2LeTTeRS
08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Why did you switch accounts anyway?

My account is locked up somehow. I spoke with Jeff about it and he says I wasnt banned but on the bottom left of the page when I log in on that name it says