PDA

View Full Version : Does Ricky Rubio have court sense on the level of a Larry Bird?

Younggrease
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
People always say this guy sees things before they happen or he is a very smart player. But Ricky Rubio seems to just understand basketball at 17. He understanding of defense and court vision is at a level most pgs never attain and he is still not legal to smoke in the states. I have never seen a pg with this type of natural vision on both sides of the floor and the only guy who I can think of who court sense is similar is Larry Legend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnKmfAe-Bg

Ricky is seen making passes that only maybe 5-6 other pgs in the NBA can make....

2LeTTeRS
08-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Wow. You really are serious about this aren't you? You really like Rubio don't you. Expect to get a page full of people telling you how bad he sucks because of that post.

lilojmayo
08-13-2008, 05:20 PM
LOL i can tell you didnt watch the Spain Vs Greece Game Ricky Rubio is so overrated its not even funny i thought he was going to be the next Pistol Pete A. He not a great scorer at all B. He cant handle pressure at alll

Watch the game Highlights dont mean shyt i can take the last man on the bench and make his Highlights look like goat watch the game Ricky isnt as good as advertised he didnt even look like a lottery pick if you ask me
not to mention he cant jump he can barely do i running dunk taking off of one foot

Brandon Jennings is a better passer scorer sees the floor better and is hella Athletic

Brandon Jennings>Ricky Rubio

Rekindled
08-13-2008, 05:21 PM
LOL i can tell you didnt watch the Spain Vs Greece Game Ricky Rubio is so overrated its not even funny i thought he was going to be the next Pistol Pete A. He not a great scorer at all B. He cant handle pressure at alll

Watch the game Highlights dont mean shyt i can take the last man on the bench and make his Highlights look like goat watch the game Ricky isnt as good as advertised he didnt even look like a lottery pick if you ask me
not to mention he cant jump he can barely do i running dunk taking off of one foot

Brandon Jennings is a better passer scorer sees the floor better and is hella Athletic

Because Brandon Jennings is playing in the olympic against world's best defensive team right?

gotbacon23
08-13-2008, 05:22 PM
no 17 year old should ever be mentioned in the same sentence as larry bird.

Lebron23
08-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Damned

Scott Pippen
08-13-2008, 05:24 PM
:violin: :violin: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Younggrease
08-13-2008, 05:24 PM

The same Greece team that turned CP3 over 6 times...the same team the Calderon couldnt break down in the backcourt either....The reason he got caught off guard was do to strength not vision.

And well I guess you didnt see the China game. When Calderon panicked and started choking, Rubio came in there with his team down and showed CRAZY poise. He turned their guards over and slowed the tempo down, and rallied his team. All that composure on the biggest stage in the world against the host nation. That shows you something.

I never compared them as overall players only their court sense and how they pick up the game. I have never seen someone so young understand the game at such a high level besides Bird....so thats why I used his name.

BigTicket
08-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I really like the kid but comparing him to Larry Bird seems very premature.

Compared to Brandon Jennings though he's easily superior, better passer, better leader, and much better defender.

Really looking forward to seeing him against the US.

Godfather
08-13-2008, 05:27 PM
The same Greece team that turned CP3 over 6 times...the same team the Calderon couldnt break down in the backcourt either....The reason he got caught off guard was do to strength not vision.

And well I guess you didnt see the China game. When Calderon panicked and started choking, Rubio came in there with his team down and showed CRAZY poise. He turned their guards over and slowed the tempo down, and rallied his team. All that composure on the biggest stage in the world against the host nation. That shows you something.

I never compared them as overall players only their court sense and how they pick up the game. I have never seen someone so young understand the game at such a high level besides Bird....so thats why I used his name.

Because a young Chris Paul and Jose Calderon have the court sense of Larry Bird...:banghead:

The Chosen One
08-13-2008, 05:30 PM
If Ricky played for team USA right now, he would be their best defender. No kidding.

Kblaze8855
You are gonna get this guy hated before he even steps on an NBA court. At least give him a chance.

Younggrease
Because a young Chris Paul and Jose Calderon have the court sense of Larry Bird...:banghead:

Gorrilla logic shows up again....:oldlol:

You are gonna get this guy hated before he even steps on an NBA court. At least give him a chance.

I hope I still post on ISH when Ricky blows up in the NBA...will be funny reading about the people that did think he couldnt be a star in the league

hotsizzle
08-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Not a far fetched thing to say. Kid is 17 years old and plays the game like a seasoned vet.

Rekindled
08-13-2008, 05:34 PM
comparing rubio to bird is dumb, so is saying that brandon jennings is better passer than rubio.

RoseCity07
08-13-2008, 05:38 PM
I like Rubio for his crazy defense. The kid only scored 1 point against China though.

Godfather
08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Gorrilla logic shows up again....:oldlol:

You are comparing a PG passing to a wing player passes and saying I am using gorilla logic? Stupid threads like this is what diminishes ISH day by day.

bdreason
08-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Comparing him to Larry Bird?

Talk about overhyped.

Posts Penyeach
08-13-2008, 05:53 PM
no 17 year old should ever be mentioned in the same sentence as larry bird.
Why? Lebron was mentioned in the same sentence as Magic when he was 17. Is Lebron as good as Magic? No but he's very close. He's the closest thing to Magic I can think of, and the second best perimeter player to appear since Magic.

YG's Ricky Rubio posts are stupid and annoying but that doesn't change that I really really can't wait to see what he can do. Because really when is the last time a talent of this sort has appeared? Not in magnitude but in type. He's just an oddity. I mean if you think of what Steve Nash would be without his jumpshot... but on the other hand is it possible this guy really has Magic type court vision, Chessmaster type court vision that just steps on the court and the entire game just changes?

lilojmayo
08-13-2008, 05:54 PM
comparing rubio to bird is dumb, so is saying that brandon jennings is better passer than rubio.

are you kidding me Brandon Jennings has eyes in the back of his head he sees shyt nobody sees he is from the Streets just like Magic was so he has Flair to his passes Ricky just cant do things like Jennings like Score 1 pt against China are you serious Jennings would eat Chinas unathletic PG alive right now

Jennings is so much Flashier the Rubio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnhkJjycnJg

This isnt even anywhere close to the best pass ive seen Jennings do and out of all the Ricky Rubio passes he never done anything better looking than just that one

yobore
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
The same Greece team that turned CP3 over 6 times
i was wondering how you were planning to spin this thread into a way to bash CP3

Rekindled
08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
are you kidding me Brandon Jennings has eyes in the back of his head he sees shyt nobody sees he is from the Streets just like Magic was so he has Flair to his passes Ricky just cant do things like Jennings like Score 1 pt against China are you serious Jennings would eat Chinas unathletic PG alive right now

Jennings is so much Flashier the Rubio
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnhkJjycnJg

This isnt even anywhere close to the best pass ive seen Jennings do and out of all the Ricky Rubio passes he never done anything better looking than just that one

Jennings plays in high school, rubio plays in pro league.

Sir Charles
08-13-2008, 06:35 PM
This guy has some Great Handles, Smarts, Passing and Court Vision but he is a Point Guard..Bird was a 6`9 Smallf Forward.

And :no: , no body had or will have the Court Vision and Court Awareness that Bird had because this man developed his in his younger days playing inmense hours on his yard imagining plays. Also do to his lack of speed and leaping ability, he was forced to mentally work his mind more than others.

Bird was a genious at locating himself on court be it for Defensive Rebounds-Boxing Out, to get Away from his Man to Shoot, to Anticipate For Steals, To Go Back and Shoot a Three, To Post Up with Great Foot Work etc.

It was as if the court was a floor carpet and Bird pulled it so others will fall into his trap or mess up. His notion of the Dimensions of the Court while he would Dribble to make a Right Pass or a Lay Up, Post Up, Take the Right Amounts of Steps before his man came to Guard Him so he Would Have Ideal Space to Shoot or the way he would Disappear and Reappeare in the Defensive Edge to Steal-Force a Bad Shot or To Make his Opponent Throw Bad Passes is = Unmatched.

This guy I see is more Steve Nash/Pete Maravich like. He is 17 so in 3 years (at age 20) I think this guy would be prepared to make an entrance to the nba. He will probably be around 6`5 by then too. Good player with fundamentals indeed :applause:

RoseCity07
08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Wow Brandon Jennings screams Sebastian Telfair when I watch his videos on youtube. He looks like he has zero fundamentals and is all flash. This guy has bust written all over him. I wish I could see him play college ball next year but he gets to stay hidden over in Europe for a year.

Dasher
08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/img169/9895/marqueery6.jpg

Primal Fear is no longer the biggest stan on ISH.

Wow Brandon Jennings screams Sebastian Telfair when I watch his videos on youtube. He looks like he has zero fundamentals and is all flash. This guy has bust written all over him. I wish I could see him play college ball next year but he gets to stay hidden over in Europe for a year.Youtube videos tend to pick the most spectacular plays a player makes and put them into a compilation. Jennings play in Europe will have a direct effect on Rubio's stock. If he goes there and excels it will dim Ricky's star by showing that his accomplishments are not as spectacular as they have been made out to be.

highwhey
08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Not a far fetched thing to say. Kid is 17 years old and plays the game like a seasoned vet.

:rolleyes:

please

kaiteng
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Ricky actually won that game by himself if the last drop shot was in. It was him who turned the last China possession back to Spain. He's still 17 and will have to learn more about jump shots to be a great player. It's a long way to go but he absolutely has huge potential.

lilojmayo
08-13-2008, 06:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRI21XcAac watch this ive never seen ricky do half these passes especially the pass at 12sec

GOBB
08-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Put him in the HOF already.

What age will Ricky Rubio prove doubters wrong? Let me know.

Not a far fetched thing to say about a 17yr old kid who hasnt proven himself in the NBA against elite talent? Court sense the level of Larry Bird? Wow.

You dont believe the crap you typed. Just said it because you know the comparison to Bird would get flamed.

Why? Lebron was mentioned in the same sentence as Magic when he was 17. Is Lebron as good as Magic? No but he's very close. He's the closest thing to Magic I can think of, and the second best perimeter player to appear since Magic.

Jason Kidd.

G-train
08-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Some people have obviously never seen Larry Bird, who most likely has the greatest court awareness in history.

Ricky Rubio has less court awareness than a rookie Mark Jackson (which isnt an insult, just a fact - and dont comment if you dont know).

Give him a couple of years though.

i seen hippos
08-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Younggrease being racist again. He doesn't even need evidence to bash white players anymore. He just assumes they suck and slanders them.

Others might believe you're in love with him, but smart people here that know your view on white players can see right through you.

mrhoopfan
08-13-2008, 07:19 PM
If Rubio has 8 and 5 against U.S. we'll hail him as the next big thing, but Patrick Mills from australia drops 13 and stays in the lane all game and nothin much is said.........interesting

GOBB
08-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Patrick who? Swayzee?

StroShow4
08-13-2008, 07:23 PM

i've never even seen the guy play and i can't stand him simply because of the OP. :oldlol:

The Chosen One
08-13-2008, 07:32 PM
i've never even seen the guy play and i can't stand him simply because of the OP. :oldlol:

Don't do it man, I think you are a great poster and Youngrease is nuts, but believe me, Ricky is the real deal. You will see on Saturday.

mrhoopfan
08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Don't do it man, I think you are a great poster and Youngrease is nuts, but believe me, Ricky is the real deal. You will see on Saturday.

So was Jasikevicius and we see how great he was during his NBA stop!!!!!

G-train
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Patrick who? Swayzee?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Mills

He has actually played really well for Australia . you may remember him flying past Chris Paul for layups in the exhibition match.

Dasher
08-13-2008, 07:51 PM

He has actually played really well for Australia . you may remember him flying past Chris Paul for layups in the exhibition match.Don't go nuts about that performance. The Yanks were sleepwalking through that game, and still did not looked concerned during the game.

The Chosen One
08-13-2008, 07:52 PM
So was Jasikevicius and we see how great he was during his NBA stop!!!!!

17 Ricky > Prime Saras

mrhoopfan
08-13-2008, 07:52 PM

He has actually played really well for Australia . you may remember him flying past Chris Paul for layups in the exhibition match.

Exactly, and all we hear is Rubio, Rubio.....i bet if Mills was playing in the league Rubio is in, he'd be putting in work as well

el_locoteee
08-13-2008, 07:57 PM
HE IS NOT COMPARING RUBIO TO LARRY BIRD.

They are comparing their court vision. Not their game, size, skills, strength, shooting etc., only court sense. And I think he is a pretty smart, and have a great sense of awareness that a few player show at that young age.

Can he be a great NBA player, who knows, maybe. But at least you know he is smart enough to play with the best.

Can his shooting, his athletics abilities, etc. hold in the NBA will see.

Some player have a great athletic body NBA ready, but the basketball IQ, skills, shooting, determination, etc. limited them to be great, AKA Strow, Kwame, Darko, Gerald, etc. Rubio have the IQ and skills, but he will have to prove is he is athletic enough or can shoot well enough to be a good NBA player or just a back up.

mrhoopfan
08-13-2008, 08:06 PM
17 Ricky > Prime Saras

How???? Jasikevicius killed the U.S. in 2004

G-train
08-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Don't go nuts about that performance. The Yanks were sleepwalking through that game, and still did not looked concerned during the game.

I'm not, I said thats where Gobb may remember him. I said he has played quite well in all the games. Which he has.

lilojmayo
08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Wow Brandon Jennings screams Sebastian Telfair when I watch his videos on youtube. He looks like he has zero fundamentals and is all flash. This guy has bust written all over him. I wish I could see him play college ball next year but he gets to stay hidden over in Europe for a year.

How do you see Bastian in him Bastian was only like 5'11 short arms Jennings 6'2 long arms ill give you they were both flashy, but jennings can shoot bastian cant but the main difference is athletism Bastian could barely dunk the basktball Jennings puts it between his legs easy and harder than anybody ive seen. Jennings reminds me more of Allen Iverson that can Pass he going to be able to put up pts like AI Jennings Scored 63pts breaking Oak Hill School Record and many NBA players have gone to Oak Hill like Melo Prince Josh Howard Josh Smith Etc

This guy has some Great Handles, Smarts, Passing and Court Vision but he is a Point Guard..Bird was a 6`9 Smallf Forward.

And :no: , no body had or will have the Court Vision and Court Awareness that Bird had because this man developed his in his younger days playing inmense hours on his yard imagining plays. Also do to his lack of speed and leaping ability, he was forced to mentally work his mind more than others.

Bird was a genious at locating himself on court be it for Defensive Rebounds-Boxing Out, to get Away from his Man to Shoot, to Anticipate For Steals, To Go Back and Shoot a Three, To Post Up with Great Foot Work etc.

It was as if the court was a floor carpet and Bird pulled it so others will fall into his trap or mess up. His notion of the Dimensions of the Court while he would Dribble to make a Right Pass or a Lay Up, Post Up, Take the Right Amounts of Steps before his man came to Guard Him so he Would Have Ideal Space to Shoot or the way he would Disappear and Reappeare in the Defensive Edge to Steal-Force a Bad Shot or To Make his Opponent Throw Bad Passes is = Unmatched.

This guy I see is more Steve Nash/Pete Maravich like. He is 17 so in 3 years (at age 20) I think this guy would be prepared to make an entrance to the nba. He will probably be around 6`5 by then too. Good player with fundamentals indeed :applause:

OK i can tell one thing you havent seen Ricky Play or You havent seen Pete Maravich play Saying a Player is a Steve Nash/Pete Maravich is like saying a player is a Chris Paul/Allen Iverson type player one a pure pass first pg Steve Nash Chris Paul and another is a Shoot First Guard Pistol Pete and AI

First Ricky Scored 1pt against China you cant compare him to Pistol Pete who averaged 44pts in LSU and had a 24ppg in the NBA he was a score guard even with all his flashy passes

Ricky can be like a Steve Nash a Poor Man Steve Nash thats it he can pass but he cant score like Steve Nash Ricky Jumper is Broke Bastian jumper was exposed in the NBA and So will Ricky's

G-train
08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
17 Ricky > Prime Saras

Whoa - do some research my friend.

lilojmayo
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM
17 Ricky > Prime Saras

ok saranas took down team usa single handily in 04 that had tim duncan AI LBJ wade

so your saying that Ricky can outplay CP3 in other words or Deron Williams

Ricky isnt even better than Brandon Jennings

G-train
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM

They are comparing their court vision. Not their game, size, skills, strength, shooting etc., only court sense. And I think he is a pretty smart, and have a great sense of awareness that a few player show at that young age.

Can he be a great NBA player, who knows, maybe. But at least you know he is smart enough to play with the best.

Some player have a great athletic body NBA ready, but the basketball IQ, skills, shooting, determination, etc. limited them to be great, AKA Strow, Kwame, Darko, Gerald, etc. Rubio have the IQ and skills, but he will have to prove is he is athletic enough or can shoot well enough to be a good NBA player or just a back up.

he is not comparing court vision, he is comparing court sense.

and to say Ricky Rubio right now has comparable court sense to Larry Bird is preposterous.

The Chosen One
08-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Ricky WILL kill CP3 and Deron next Saturday. USA will win by far though.

steve
08-13-2008, 08:59 PM
So Rubio will playing the majority of his minutes when the US is up by 30 or so points, right?

Younggrease
08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Younggrease being racist again. He doesn't even need evidence to bash white players anymore. He just assumes they suck and slanders them.

Others might believe you're in love with him, but smart people here that know your view on white players can see right through you.

I have a Ricky Rubio jersey on route to my apartment...thats a lot of dedication to a ploy... I have no view on white players, im part white myself.

Younggrease
08-13-2008, 09:11 PM
he is not comparing court vision, he is comparing court sense.

and to say Ricky Rubio right now has comparable court sense to Larry Bird is preposterous.

what I meant was they have the same trait...maybe I should have clarified. That same trait that natural ability to learn the game that few others have. I wasnt trying to compare a 17 yr old to prime Bird's court sense. I just think that he has an uncanny ability and the only player I have seen have that same natural god given ability to just get basketball is Larry Bird. Thats all I wanted to say, there is no way in hell he ever gonna be as good as Larry but that special something that allowed Bird to just "know how to play" seems like Ricky has more of that then any other prospect that I have ever seen.

nuts?? I'm just telling it like it is..

Loki
08-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Based on that video, I wouldn't say he has Bird-level vision, but his passing skill is excellent, as is his understanding of the game. He definitely sees at least two passes away, which for his age is really good.

Interestingly, he looks pretty slow. I feel he's going to grow into his speed, since he seems kinda gangly. I know that when I hit 19 years old I just exploded in terms of speed and body cohesion.

AMERVET
08-13-2008, 11:00 PM
He Is Indeed A Talent But . Its Time For People To Kind Of Pump There Brakes. Its To Soon To Tell What Hes Really Able To Do. I Will Answer This Post After His First Nba Season.

BrooklynBalla
08-13-2008, 11:03 PM
lol this guy rubio is good but stop overating him.i can pass just as good as him if not better.

BrianScalabrine
08-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Give him time and he'll be better than Bird.

i seen hippos
08-13-2008, 11:05 PM
I have a Ricky Rubio jersey on route to my apartment...thats a lot of dedication to a ploy... I have no view on white players, im part white myself.

Don't waste time convincing me. I know you hate the hype another white boy is getting. You want to turn the minds of easily molded children like Stroshow (who already said he hates him because of you).

I know your history here though. You can't stand him. You'll admit it once he starts playing in the NBA and everyone falls in love with him.

Zan Tabak
08-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Give him time and he'll be better than Bird.
HUH??.Bird is a top 5 player OF ALL TIME ..to even say that shows you have no clue!

BIRD ..up here

Rubio down here

TBurge
08-13-2008, 11:27 PM
He's a very good passer and a tenacious defender but I wonder how effective his defense will be in the NBA. He'll probably EVENTUALLY get it, but he plays physical man to man defense which the NBA does not allow. As for his shooting, I only saw him take two midrange jumpers and they didn't look pretty. Of course, he's 17 and playing against grown men. He will develop.

RajonKGcelts
08-14-2008, 12:35 AM
i wish i could negative rep you.

Sir Charles
08-14-2008, 12:43 AM
How do you see Bastian in him Bastian was only like 5'11 short arms Jennings 6'2 long arms ill give you they were both flashy, but jennings can shoot bastian cant but the main difference is athletism Bastian could barely dunk the basktball Jennings puts it between his legs easy and harder than anybody ive seen. Jennings reminds me more of Allen Iverson that can Pass he going to be able to put up pts like AI Jennings Scored 63pts breaking Oak Hill School Record and many NBA players have gone to Oak Hill like Melo Prince Josh Howard Josh Smith Etc

OK i can tell one thing you havent seen Ricky Play or You havent seen Pete Maravich play Saying a Player is a Steve Nash/Pete Maravich is like saying a player is a Chris Paul/Allen Iverson type player one a pure pass first pg Steve Nash Chris Paul and another is a Shoot First Guard Pistol Pete and AI

First Ricky Scored 1pt against China you cant compare him to Pistol Pete who averaged 44pts in LSU and had a 24ppg in the NBA he was a score guard even with all his flashy passes

Ricky can be like a Steve Nash a Poor Man Steve Nash thats it he can pass but he cant score like Steve Nash Ricky Jumper is Broke Bastian jumper was exposed in the NBA and So will Ricky's

I ment style wise dummy I did not mean ON THE LEVEL OF...:hammerhead:

Godfather
08-14-2008, 12:48 AM

:applause:-wow I am actually clapping at one of your posts...maybe it's because you made an excellent point and did not mention Charles Barkley

brandonislegend
08-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Rubio might be a better passer

but overall

brandon jennings with >>>>> rubio. sorry.

lilojmayo
08-17-2008, 08:27 PM

you got USA winning right Ricky sucked that game lol

KobesOneUglyTat
08-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Ricky Rubio is overhyped because he has a catchy name.

Paladin55
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
I thought he looked fine for a 17 yr old physically immature kid playing against the best players in the world.

He has a lot of maturing to do, physically, and with his game.

People might want to wait a bit before making the Bird comparisons.

Ultimately, the guy he might be compared to is Maravich, as some have pointed out, but this comparison is also premature.

thesnowman22
08-17-2008, 09:21 PM
To mention this kid in the same breath as Bird is nuts, even only using his court sense.. lets wait.

Diesel J
08-17-2008, 11:12 PM

:oldlol:

LOL @ this thread too

tsforthrees
08-17-2008, 11:15 PM

theres probably more truth to that than most people think

lilojmayo
08-18-2008, 02:16 PM

his name he appearance most americans can relate to him 70-75% of americans are white and he looks like an american if he doesnt talk, unlike ppl like Manu Ginobili who you can tell isnt from around here.
Ok im going to go out on a limb and stat if Rubio name was Gilionae Beniteza we wouldnt even talk about him we would be saying just another european player going to pollute the nba with they soft play

IGOTGAME
12-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Exactly, I was only comparing the court sense. Guess, what....I don't think I was far off. Kid has amazing basketball IQ.

Euroleague
12-27-2011, 11:01 PM
NBA - where the worst rotation point guard in the Euroleague gets compared to Larry Bird.

IGOTGAME
12-30-2011, 11:46 PM
bump

IGOTGAME
09-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Don't worry. The God passer is coming back better than ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwHUxQNZc0g

dgaras
09-19-2012, 03:21 PM
NBA - where the worst rotation point guard in the Euroleague gets compared to Larry Bird.

nba - where the greeks can never crack past 12th man in the rotation.

TheBigVeto
09-25-2012, 10:05 PM
He's not there yet but he can be. Sky's the limit for him as long as he got the PT.

IGOTGAME
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
God passer is back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TujTx8offr8

WolfGang
12-17-2012, 09:16 PM
NO! He doesn't. Rubio is nice though.

Sharmer
12-18-2012, 07:49 AM
People always say this guy sees things before they happen or he is a very smart player. But Ricky Rubio seems to just understand basketball at 17. He understanding of defense and court vision is at a level most pgs never attain and he is still not legal to smoke in the states. I have never seen a pg with this type of natural vision on both sides of the floor and the only guy who I can think of who court sense is similar is Larry Legend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnKmfAe-Bg

Ricky is seen making passes that only maybe 5-6 other pgs in the NBA can make....

Hell no.