Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Heat vs Rockets tonight on ESPN. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15027)

Kblaze8855 10-25-2006 07:20 AM

Heat vs Rockets tonight on ESPN.

Last national preseason game I think. Season is only 5-6 days away so I know there cant be many more.

BradMiller52 10-25-2006 07:23 AM

The Kings have 2 more preseason games so yeah it's not that far away.

Hmmm, I think Bonzi's playing in this. Interesting to see if he fits well with Houston. Maybe teams will play their starters some because they season's not too far away?

LakersDynasty 10-25-2006 07:23 AM

Great, a T-Mac vs. Wade and Yao vs. Shaq matchup. :banana:
It's not the last nationally televised game though, unless you meant for those teams, because the Lakers are playing against the Nuggets on thursday on TNT.

Juvenile 10-25-2006 07:58 AM

should be exciting

ClutchCityReturns 10-25-2006 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradMiller52
The Kings have 2 more preseason games so yeah it's not that far away.

Hmmm, I think Bonzi's playing in this. Interesting to see if he fits well with Houston. Maybe teams will play their starters some because they season's not too far away?

He probably won't play, but that depends on what/who you listen to...

Van Gundy has been saying that Bonzi is "a long way from seeing the court". Not an exact quote, but essentially the same. He just got back to practice yesterday (Tuesday) and with them playing back to back in Miami and Orlando, they may not have enough practice time to get him prepared. It could be the regular season opener (or later) before we see Bonzi.

Then again, in every interview with Bonzi he seems to think he could/will play as soon as possible because he's a veteran and doesn't really need the preseason.

Who knows...

Starter01 10-25-2006 09:09 AM

well i wish to see bonzi play too! but i think JVG will not use him for a simple reason that he havent practice with us yet.

rezznor 10-25-2006 11:11 AM

bonzi probably wont play until thursday

GOBB 10-25-2006 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvenile
should be exciting

Preseason games are rarely that especially when the regular season is next week.

SCREWstonRockets 10-25-2006 12:03 PM

Well, we finally found out the reason for Bonzi's "Personal Leave":

He had to check out the night life in Houston! Messing with thick girls like that, I'd have a groin injury also.

laalaa 10-25-2006 12:08 PM

Got a ticket so I'll finally get to see a game in the preseason.
I doubt any of those guys will play full minutes, but I bet its still going to be fun following the matchups.

Ofcourse Shaq>Yao, Wade>Tmac.

ClutchCityReturns 10-25-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laalaa
Got a ticket so I'll finally get to see a game in the preseason.
I doubt any of those guys will play full minutes, but I bet its still going to be fun following the matchups.

Actually Tracy and Yao have been asking for increased minutes and Van Gundy granted them that wish last game. Yao played 32 and Tracy played 30. I imagine they'll get 30+ tonight and then tomorrow (on the second half of a back to back, and the last preseason game) they will drop back down to the low 20's.

Or it could be the other way around...or neither. But it's promising.

BFRESH44 10-25-2006 04:55 PM

I'm going to this game...Picked up some lowerbowls for 25 beans off ebay. :rockon:

Look for Vinny Grier to put the clamps on McGrady...:pimp:

fatboy11 10-25-2006 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Look for Vinny Grier to put the clamps on McGrady...:pimp:

:roll:

I just pissed my pants.

You think some cat that isn't even going to make the team is going to "put the clamps" on one of the most, if not the most, unstoppable offensive players in the game today?

geeWiz15 10-25-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure about that second one.

ElPigto 10-25-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I'm not sure about that second one.

I'm more unsure about the first one.