Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   another trade!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74604)

fantashih_person 02-06-2008 02:10 AM

another trade!!!

marion is now with the heat! will that affect his performance bad or good?

El Kabong 02-06-2008 02:14 AM

Re: another trade!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantashih_person
marion is now with the heat! will that affect his performance bad or good?

Could go either way. He doesn't have Nash feeding him the ball, but offensivly he won't have to compete with as many people. I imagine he'll be crashing the boards like crazy though.

I've got Marion on my team, so i'm interested in how he does.

fantashih_person 02-06-2008 02:24 AM

yeah it's interesting to see too. but i think he works better on that run-run-run system... and it's a waste to see him on the worst team in NBA today... now shaq is back on the west side with the division of the lakers... that maybe a little more interesting to see if he gets to play again... PHX vs LAL in the play-offs... hmmm... still sad to see marion moved like that. i have barbosa too. they were my phoenix tandem. they usually play where only a few teams play and that's where i catch up... :violin: :cry:

WHAT WILL THIS DO TO THE VALUE OF BORIS DIAW? HE COULD BE THE NEW STARTING PF AND EVERY TIME HE STARTS IT'S ALWAYS GOOD... PICK HIM UP???

Zan Tabak 02-06-2008 11:19 AM

I can see Marion getting more pts and rebounds with less ast's from this deal..

The rest of his numbers will stay the same..IMO ..

nkjordan23 02-06-2008 01:59 PM

I personally dont think his numbers will ever be the same. You just cant take a high energy player like tha who thrives on a fast paced up tempo offense and turn him into a player who runs off of screens and creates for himself. He will probably get his rebounds, but i think the rest of his stats will be hurting, especially his percentages. No fast breaks = no easy buckets, put backs, and offensive rebounds. Aside from that, he can't really post up either so hes probably going to sit on the three point line a lot with the Heat. I just think its bad for Marion owners, but maybe im being very pessimistic.

benJAMin 02-06-2008 05:38 PM

I've heard both, that it will affect him positively and negatively. I don't think he remains a top three fantasy player, but doesn't fall out of the top 7-10.

chuckyboy34 02-07-2008 05:36 AM

this will all depend on how wade or banks feed him the ball and how accurately the other heat players can shoot the ball. if wade gets marion the ball enough times miami will turn into another run and gun team esp if banks, quinn, davis are shooting the 3 ball. if they stand around with their half court offense, its gonna be a long season for all of them. i can see the new heat formation being something like

1. wade
2. banks, davis
3.) marion
4. haslem
5. banks

or

1. wade
2. banks
3. davis
4. marion
5. haslem.

but the 2nd team is gonna get lack height in almsot every position.

Dr.Funk 02-07-2008 02:03 PM

He won't be spoon fed but he doesn't have any comeptition for touches behind Wade so his scoring may even go up.

Haslem is the only other rebounder, so he should get plenty of boards.

His defense I doubt will change much.