Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The XFL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39699)

mlh1981 05-01-2007 07:45 PM

The XFL

how well do you guys remember the XFL? I was a fan of it the first few weeks. I thought that it was a neat idea at first. The cute nicknames on the back of the jerseys, the team names, cheerleaders, QB calls being played on the stadium loudspeakers, the ball-chasing for the opening posession,etc. What are your lasting memories of the XFL?

"THIS..............IS.................THE XFL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-primetime- 05-01-2007 07:47 PM

Re: The XFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
how well do you guys remember the XFL? I was a fan of it the first few weeks. I thought that it was a neat idea at first. The cute nicknames on the back of the jerseys, the team names, cheerleaders, QB calls being played on the stadium loudspeakers, the ball-chasing for the opening posession,etc. What are your lasting memories of the XFL?

"THIS..............IS.................THE XFL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I remember not being interested at all....kinda like NFL Europe

Bobcat4Ever 05-01-2007 07:48 PM

All I know is that Rob "He Hate Me" Smart played for the Panthers.

mlh1981 05-01-2007 07:49 PM

if I could find a He Hate Me jersey on ebay and wear it around town man............I would get so much p ussy that my dick would explode

-primetime- 05-01-2007 07:51 PM

Quote:

if I could find a He Hate Me jersey on ebay and wear it around town man............I would get so much p ussy that my dick would explode

yeah, because all the hot chicks know who "He Hate Me" is...

mlh1981 05-01-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -primetime-
yeah, because all the hot chicks know who "He Hate Me" is...

Well, they best RECOGNIZE!

Bobcat4Ever 05-01-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

no comment

TheBynumProject 05-01-2007 08:03 PM

The XFL was AWFUL. NBC and Vince McMahon/WWE lost somehing like 70 million bucks on it...and it was only around 1 year. Talk about pathetic. Tommy Maddux is the only person who can say he's glad the XFL existed.

boozehound 05-01-2007 08:19 PM

I always thought it wierd that gov. Jesse "the mind" ventura had enough free time every week to fly to a game and be a commentator. Maybe they need to give the gov. of MN more to do...

It was ok, not great football and the cheerleaders were teases. Shoulda done it right on showtime with stripleaders and "stingers" on the field.

RobertSwift31 05-01-2007 11:29 PM

The best part was that the cameramen were on the feild. Them running around trying to catch some action while trying to avoid contact was funny.

Amigo 05-02-2007 12:04 AM

I remember the cheerleaders. Looked like strippers.:bowdown:

Done_And_Done 05-02-2007 02:59 AM

Its always nice when you have options or theres an alternative to something thats currently already good or successful but if McMahons ambition or focal point was to compete with the NFL then im lost for words.

Is that how much of loss he endured from the failed project? 70mill? :eek:

But then again, the McMahon family is beyond stupid rich so I guess they can afford to test multi million dollar ideas to the public because if it flys it flys...
And if it bombs...
Well, Its only 3 quarters of a 100million right :confusedshrug:

OneWay 05-02-2007 03:03 AM

With all those millions being thrown around, Vince losig 70 mill, Jerome Jones getting 5 a year etc...why can't I have just 1 mill? :(

sulsuvtut27 05-02-2007 01:44 PM

the XFL was awsome. Was it true that they set up games and who won the title for the only year?

dab0yech0 05-02-2007 06:23 PM

Who can forget those XFL commercials with the cheerleaders? Id skeet on every single one of those girls. I also remember during one game the Kat from WWF was in the booth commentating and she started stripping! :bowdown: to Vince McMahon