Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gumby coming to Toronto? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263965)

BoogieWoogieMan 05-17-2012 09:23 PM

Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
I know a lot of you guys are not going to be happy about this, but Brandon Jennings and Demar have been having a good time together in China and since Mr. Jennings is a free agent this year and Jose is off the books, he might be coming our way...

https://twitter.com/#!/BRAND0NJENNIN...63898767753216

Incoming Q's rant in 3...2...1...

Dr.Funk 05-17-2012 09:26 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Jose has another year.

BoogieWoogieMan 05-17-2012 09:29 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Jose has another year.


He gets traded in the draft? :confusedshrug:

Qwyjibo 05-17-2012 09:35 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Jennings isn't much of a playmaker for a PG and isn't a good scorer either. I guess I wouldn't like it because he's not a very good player and he likely will get overpaid.

BoogieWoogieMan 05-17-2012 09:41 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Quote:

I know a lot of you guys are not going to be happy about this, but Brandon Jennings and Demar have been having a good time together in China and since Mr. Jennings is a free agent this year and Jose is off the books, he might be coming our way...

https://twitter.com/#!/BRAND0NJENNIN...63898767753216

Incoming Q's rant in 3...2...1...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Jennings isn't much of a playmaker for a PG and isn't a good scorer either. I guess I wouldn't like it because he's not a very good player and he likely will get overpaid.


You disappoint me.

Qwyjibo 05-17-2012 09:58 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
He just isn't good. I'm all for the Raptors taking some risks and overpaying some younger players that are hitting free agency. But productive ones. I'm sure a lot of people would (if it happens) compare it to when TJ Ford came to Toronto but TJ Ford was a better player with more potential. I loved that move when it happened.

kmart 05-17-2012 11:01 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He just isn't good. I'm all for the Raptors taking some risks and overpaying some younger players that are hitting free agency. But productive ones. I'm sure a lot of people would (if it happens) compare it to when TJ Ford came to Toronto but TJ Ford was a better player with more potential. I loved that move when it happened.


Agreed, he's got one asset to him and it's his quickness. His quickness gets him praise aroud the league, but he shoots extremely poor percentages. He's the type of player I wouldn't want to build around. Brandon Jennings is overrated.

Prodigy 05-17-2012 11:03 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Give me Dragic.

bada bing 05-17-2012 11:45 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy
Give me Dragic.


what will you do with him?

brwnman 05-18-2012 12:43 AM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
If we get Jennings; this would just about secure our mediocrity for the next 5 years or so. Jennings is awful...

Prodigy 05-18-2012 07:43 AM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bada bing
what will you do with him?


He is a young point guard who defends well and can create for his team. He showed flashes in Phoenix and really came into his own in Houston this year. Just because you haven't kept up with his development doesn't mean you should randomly be flaming every post I make.

lilbeastnani 05-18-2012 06:36 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
just because he said "talking about the future" means he's coming to Toronto? OP should apply for the national inquirer.

GoRapz 05-19-2012 12:25 AM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
I'm all for adding any sort of talent to this team but Jennings is someone I would definitely think twice about. Here are his FG% since he's entered the league:

0.371
0.390
0.418


I mean don't get me wrong, he's still a young player with upside but I don't know if this team can handle both Jennings and DeRozan having bad shooting nights :no:

On the bright side atleast he shows willingness to play D...I'm sure Casey could touch him up a bit lol

BoogieWoogieMan 05-19-2012 12:05 PM

Re: Gumby coming to Toronto?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
just because he said "talking about the future" means he's coming to Toronto? OP should apply for the national inquirer.


I never claimed it to be a fact, I said it was a possibility. I can't make assumptions?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy