Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   The New Detroit Pistons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7783)

DetroitHo0pS 08-08-2006 04:13 AM

The New Detroit Pistons
 
Even though were not gonna be that new, how do you all think were gonna do this upcoming year. Its gonna show whether or not Ben Wallace was really as important as everyone said he was. I feel we missed our shot at the title this last year, man we messed up bad. So what do u all think is gonna happen this year ? I think we will do decent without Ben.

Rapsfan4life 08-08-2006 01:12 PM

Detroit will pick up the slack and win at least 50 this season.

DeuceWallaces 08-08-2006 07:20 PM

If Dyess stays healthy I say we win 57.

wally_world 08-09-2006 04:23 AM

Dice is old... and his injury is really bothering him... what he can do is keep knocking down those mid-range jumpshots...

someone that really needs to pick up the slack is Tayshaun Prince... i'm expecting alot from him since Big Ben is gone...

Sheed too has to improve... terrible playoffs...

Aussie Dunker 08-09-2006 11:39 AM

yerrr i have a feeling sheed is gonna play huge this year, like, be as dominant as what he should be, lets hope im rite ay...

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 03:04 PM

With this new Pistons team they have no defense. Big Ben was the Defense.

DeuceWallaces 08-09-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
Dice is old... and his injury is really bothering him... what he can do is keep knocking down those mid-range jumpshots...

someone that really needs to pick up the slack is Tayshaun Prince... i'm expecting alot from him since Big Ben is gone...

Sheed too has to improve... terrible playoffs...


Dyess is not that old, and his past injury isn't bothering him, in fact he's hardly missed any time since we signed him.

Sheed had one of his best seasons ever last year and was injured during the playoffs.

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Dyess is not that old, and his past injury isn't bothering him, in fact he's hardly missed any time since we signed him.

Sheed had one of his best seasons ever last year and was injured during the playoffs.

he did good last season. i dont know about this season, no offensive boards from big ben this season.

DeuceWallaces 08-09-2006 11:00 PM

Agreed, offensive boards will be a big loss, along with weakside shotblocking.

MJ(Mean John) 08-10-2006 03:12 AM

look at the bright side pistons fans....at least you guys wont have such a horrible freethrow shooter and u guys dont gotta worry about ppl fouling such a poor freethrow shooter to catch up in late game situations...lol...but atleast you guys are going to have a center who atleast averages 10+ points and that is going to free_up my main man.....(Rasheed WALLACE)...Sheed is a BAD MAN......in the famous words of Ali......ne way....u guys will miss the rebounds and the D...but hopefully RASHEED can become....a MONSTER... that would be so cool....if the pistons are...RASHEEDS team n hes a monster.... but it all depends on RASHEED......

PacerRaptor 08-10-2006 11:43 AM

seriously guys...Pistons are still a sic team...just because they lost Ben they still did pick up Nazr, even though hes not as good as Ben on the defensive side hes WAY better than Ben on the offensive end...teams were starting to use Hack-a-Ben on you guys...that works with Shaq, but Shaq can still score and play offense...Nazr would be a good fit for you guys...you guys have nothing to worry about

kobedaman24 08-10-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
seriously guys...Pistons are still a sic team...just because they lost Ben they still did pick up Nazr, even though hes not as good as Ben on the defensive side hes WAY better than Ben on the offensive end...teams were starting to use Hack-a-Ben on you guys...that works with Shaq, but Shaq can still score and play offense...Nazr would be a good fit for you guys...you guys have nothing to worry about

Well yeah there good. But it might take them a while to get back to championship reign. Their kind of like the Lakers now. Except Ben wasnt SO big to the team that without him theyd miss the playoffs.

PacerRaptor 08-10-2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Well yeah there good. But it might take them a while to get back to championship reign. Their kind of like the Lakers now. Except Ben wasnt SO big to the team that without him theyd miss the playoffs.

lol there nowhere like the Lakers now .... the thing with the Lakers was Shaq, and that was the bottom line. Becuase of Shaq they it soo far and Kobe better be realizing that you cant win championships alone. Once Shaq left the team collapsed, which was foreseeable. With Ben gone, the Pistons still have Billups, Sheed, Prince and Hamilton. Theyre still going to be one of the top teams in the league

kobedaman24 08-11-2006 01:51 AM

yeah thats what i said. ben wasnt as big as shaq to the lakers because they have others players to make up for it with.

jordan23 08-12-2006 03:50 PM

i
 
yall going tosuck!!!!!

DeuceWallaces 08-12-2006 07:39 PM

No, and we'll definitely be better than the Knicks, Chicago, or whatever team you're rooting for.

STILL_the_FAB-5 08-13-2006 01:09 AM


The New Detroit Pistons will be a solid force in the Eastern Conference this year. Excuse me, they will be dominant force again this year. Its time for everyone to stop talking about the negatives in the departure of Big Bad Ben Wallace and Start talking about what will open up for the Detroit Pistons.

Chauncey Billups: :wtf: did Ben Wallace have to do with this guy being a legit MVP candidate last season??? He is only gonna put up better numbers now that Coach Flip is focusing on a more complex offensive scheme. Billups can execute.

Rip Hamilton: We arent gonna see those sneaky little pick n rolls ending with an alley-oop to Ben from Rip anymore, but does anyone really think thats a play Dice cant make? Rip will be Rip and play Rip's game no matter what Center he's with.

Tay Tay: I am guaransheeding he has a break out year (whatever guaransheed means...) but seriously this guy is smart, really long, strokin the ball, and really clutch.

Rasheed: Better fix his game and with defenders actually payin attention to our new center Dice, that should make his game easier to fix.

Dice: I have honestly mistaken him for Ben last year in multiple games. This "old man" can play weakside defense just about as well as Ben can. If he stays healthy I wouldnt be surprised to see him in Las Vegas in Feb.07

Bench: Flip is a baller. Nazr is underrated. Lindsey is back. ...and hopefully one of them young fellas will have a impact.

Pistons will win 60 +/- 2 in the reg. season.

Nobody can predict what will happen in the playoffs.

DeuceWallaces 08-13-2006 03:24 PM

I agree with your sentiments.

We're not losing a lot of weakside defense and rebounding going from Ben to Dyess, in addition to not playing 4 on 5 on offense from now on .

I think we win close to 60 if Dyess stays healthy.

PacersFan 08-14-2006 12:41 AM

I wanna see how well the Pistons will do without big ben.

kobedaman24 08-14-2006 03:36 AM

Well who doesnt? That will probably be the biggest adjustment of entering this season. Its been the talk of the offseason too. Besides blocking shots and getting rebounds out of nowhere, Pistons are the same as before.

lakers-city 09-01-2006 07:17 PM

if ben wallace is dominated 90% of the times by shaq how much better you think mcdyess and rasheed can do ?? because make no mistake, if you make it to the ECF it will be miami who you will face.

DeuceWallaces 09-02-2006 08:55 PM

Why is it a gimme Miami makes the ECF, all their key players but Wade are getting older and slower.

lakers-city 09-02-2006 09:53 PM

shaq looked pretty good with the lost weight against detroit to me.

now that the mighty pistons dismantled the heat wont lose to anyone in the east.

they arent a gimme for ECF but to the NBA finals !

final.wrath 09-29-2006 01:22 AM

pistons will be better than last year. offense carried us last year and this year its even better.

DeuceWallaces 09-29-2006 03:45 PM

Offense may have carried us but defense let us down.

final.wrath 09-29-2006 08:49 PM

i disagree. well i partly disagree. rasheed couldnt score because he was injured and that really hurt us....chauncey choked....our offense sucked. it did not carry us in the playoffs. we had a lot of grueling 80 point games against clevelend that would have been cake if we would have been scoring like usual. our defense was good until James figured out that you could get inside easily and score/go to the FT line. Then Wade followed his example. We couldn't counter this because Ben refused to play zone. In that way our defense let us down.

DeuceWallaces 09-29-2006 10:47 PM

So our defense is good? But you acknowledge Bron and Wade could penetrate anytime they want.

That makes no sense.

final.wrath 09-30-2006 01:44 AM

our defense was fair. but wade and bron can penetrate on ANY team no matter how good their defense is. i'll bet that zone defense will help to contain them some and maybe stop the parade to the FT line. defenses need to adapt to the new rules.

DeuceWallaces 09-30-2006 03:48 PM

We stopped Wade from abusing us last year.

Defense let down a lot.

final.wrath 09-30-2006 06:16 PM

he averaged 27 ppg against us in that series. wade could penetrate whenever he wanted, and that opened up the floor for their shooters.

offense let us down. did you see all those wide open shots we missed and the lack of post play from sheed? The ankle didnt help but the fact he was doubled all the time because Ben didnt need to me guarded was also a problem.

I see Tay and Sheed really picking it up this year. Now we have Nazr who is capable of knocking down the occasional jumpshot, scoring down low, and generally keeping defenses honest. that will open it up for our forwards.

DeuceWallaces 09-30-2006 09:04 PM

Sheed being hurt killed us. And Chauncey choked, or he said he was tired but I think that's one in the same.

I agree that our defense was great to excellent in the Semi's but it really let us down against Miami.

AKADS 09-30-2006 10:38 PM

I think regular season and playoff are very differnt and your coach has shown what he is good at. Thats all I will say,

final.wrath 09-30-2006 11:44 PM

we'll see

DeuceWallaces 10-07-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKADS
I think regular season and playoff are very differnt and your coach has shown what he is good at. Thats all I will say,


I'm not really a Flip supporter, wish we would have kept LB, but I don't think he had anything to do with our early exit. It's all on the players, they just quit. Our team was superior to Miami.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy