Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267873)

M.Bustly15A5RU8 06-18-2012 07:06 PM

Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
He has small hands just like Kwame Brown. He's not physically strong and doesn't have impressive athleticism or wiriness to make up for it.

His ceiling is poor man's Kevin Garnett. But I'm pretty sure he'll be a bust.

Foster5k 06-18-2012 07:10 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 

Da KO King 06-18-2012 07:13 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
He has small hands just like Kwame Brown. He's not physically strong and doesn't have impressive athleticism or wiriness to make up for it.

His ceiling is poor man's Kevin Garnett. But I'm pretty sure he'll be a bust.

I don't think he'll be a bust of epic proportions like Greg Oden but I do think Anthony Davis will leave people disappointed.

TheFan 06-18-2012 07:13 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
A poor man's KG is far from bust.

magnax1 06-18-2012 07:17 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
I think the way he's being billed as a level above the rest of the draft is unfair, but I don't think there is any question he's going to be able to have an impact on defense, and will probably be elite on that end if he adds a reasonable amount of weight

(e) 06-18-2012 07:20 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
A poor man's KG would still result in a solid role player/starter in the NBA.

I don't think Davis will become a superstar, but IMO he'll probably make a few All-Star games and probably a few All-Defensive teams on his way to a solid NBA career.

bmulls 06-18-2012 07:21 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFan
A poor man's KG is far from bust.


Agreed, if he's 3/4 the player KG was that's a success.

I do think he's getting overhyped though, mostly because he's the best player in a "strong draft". The problem is it's strong because the top 10-15 players are B to B+ prospects, when usually you've got a few A, a few B and by the time you get to 10 you're looking at C guys.

B-Low 06-18-2012 07:23 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
Maybe that's why he won't shave his unibrow...it helps distract from the writing on his forehead

ProfessorMurder 06-18-2012 07:25 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmulls
I do think he's getting overhyped though, mostly because he's the best player in a "strong draft". The problem is it's strong because the top 10-15 players are B to B+ prospects, when usually you've got a few A, a few B and by the time you get to 10 you're looking at C guys.


Definitely overhyped. People are acting like he's going to be a franchise player with elite defense, worth giving up a lot for before the draft.

I see a Marcus Camby type guy, maybe a little better.

franchise#3 06-18-2012 07:26 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
I think he'll be a mix between Patrick and Hakeem

Sammobile 06-18-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
at best be a poor man's KG

You say that like it's a bad thing :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder 06-18-2012 07:35 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise#3
I think he'll be a mix between Patrick and Hakeem


Patrick O'Bryant and Hakim Warrick?

TheFan 06-18-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmulls
Agreed, if he's 3/4 the player KG was that's a success.

I do think he's getting overhyped though, mostly because he's the best player in a "strong draft". The problem is it's strong because the top 10-15 players are B to B+ prospects, when usually you've got a few A, a few B and by the time you get to 10 you're looking at C guys.


exactly.
If he gets to be 3/4 the player KG was he will be at least top 10 PF/C in this league.

senelcoolidge 06-18-2012 07:50 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
He should be a solid player/role player. Which I guess would be disappointing for a #1 pick. I think guys picked late in the 1st and even in the 2nd round will have better careers than a majority of the lottery picks. This draft is deep in the sense that it has a lot of guys that can play in the league, but it's not a superstar level type draft.

IGOTGAME 06-18-2012 07:56 PM

Re: Anthony Davis has 'bust' written on his forehead and will at best be a poor man's KG
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da KO King
I don't think he'll be a bust of epic proportions like Greg Oden but I do think Anthony Davis will leave people disappointed.

Agree with this.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy