Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ask a dude who has no friends at all anything (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308200)

Immortal Bum 07-20-2013 05:30 PM

ask a dude who has no friends at all anything

sigh, i'm not out there jerry...and i ain't lovin any bit of it

Immortal Bum 07-20-2013 05:47 PM

Re: ask a dude who has no friends at all anything

i gotta say, its different, ya know. i want to go to the movies, but i feel kinda odd, like i need someone to talk about the movie with afterwards. and this city is not very easy to meet people; its dry, in the dessert, and full of churches.

StocktonFan 07-20-2013 06:23 PM

Dude, even if you're kidding around, not healthy to put yourself down like that.

Why is it that you don't have any friends? don't have time? Socially awkward? Ugly? or D, all of the above? What is the contributing factor?

MadeFromDust 07-20-2013 06:34 PM

You are ISH. ISH is you.

ISH is your friend :)

DeuceWallaces 07-20-2013 06:35 PM

The summer of Immortal Bum!

Draz 07-20-2013 07:06 PM

He's lying. I'm his friend. And I'm friend with a friend who's friends with another friend. He has plenty of friends.

Immortal Bum 07-21-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StocktonFan
Dude, even if you're kidding around, not healthy to put yourself down like that.

Why is it that you don't have any friends? don't have time? Socially awkward? Ugly? or D, all of the above? What is the contributing factor?

i have no idea. i don't think i'm socially awkward. i work well with people, but growing up i moved around a lot and never really got used to long term company, so i guess i have a habit wanting friends when i want them, then not wanting to be bothered when i don't.

if i do plan to attend a social gathering, i have to be high or else i do become socially awkward, mainly because i lose interest really fast in the most common interest people share.

my biggest with it is being caught between wanting to make friends and embracing being alone, as i like to write, and hope to make a career of it one day. a professor (who has published books) said that if i wanted to be a really good writer i had to get used to being alone. so i always have that in my mind and if i'm not high i'm just depressed.

PullupJay 07-21-2013 01:17 AM

How do you cope with it?

What are your hobbies?

DonDadda59 07-21-2013 01:31 AM

Does it bother you?

Personally I've always been a loner and felt most comfortable alone even though I was 'popular' and had no issues making friends, being social, etc. Never liked moving in packs. Don't mind catching a movie by myself and doing other activities alone.

That fact never bothered me but it has cost me in terms of long term friendships.

Scholar 07-21-2013 02:14 AM

What do you think the Brooklyn Nets will be like next season?

PullupJay 07-21-2013 02:17 AM

Do you even lift?

How often do you fap?

Do you drink alcohol?

How often do you smoke weed?

BurningHammer 07-21-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
You are ISH. ISH is you.

ISH is your friend :)

That's so Jeff.

CelticBaller 07-21-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurningHammer
That's so Jeff.

Reported.

HarryCallahan 07-21-2013 06:15 AM

How on earth does Immortal Bum only have like 210 posts?

eurobum 07-21-2013 08:23 AM

From one bum to another, my advice: consider that everything you've done so far in your life has led you to where you are now. Not happy with the results of following your intuition all these years? Do the opposite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY