Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Who would you suit up? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129364)

Q.E.C 04-23-2009 05:25 PM

Who would you suit up?
 
Since Mutombo is out now, who would you rather have suited up? James White or Joey Dorsey? Both of them might not play either way it goes, but I want to know your opinions. And would you rather have 1 or the other getting more minutes than Brian Cook?

ElPigto 04-23-2009 08:36 PM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
For the record Joey Dorsey nor Tracy McGrady are on the playoff roster. The playoff roster only allows 13 players to be sent in therefore Joey is ineligible for these years playoff.

Now putting that aside I would rather Joey Dorsey suit up. The reason being is that he is another big guy. If all of our big guys are in trouble who would you rather run with, Joey or James? I rather run with Joey. I feel bad for Cook but the guy sucks balls. Regardless he brings the most experience of both James and Joey and perhaps he might surprise do I'd take the risk of giving him the most minutes. Even if he sucks at rebounding, defense, and all other facets of the game besides shooting I rather have him in there. I do not know what Joey will provide and hell he'd probably put us in deeper foul trouble. The guy is a foul machine. Cook, not so much, he has much more experience.

However, I pray to God that we are not forced to play Cook unless is a blow out.

L.Kizzle 04-23-2009 08:42 PM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
Is Bobby Sure still on the roster??

ElPigto 04-23-2009 09:28 PM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Is Bobby Sure still on the roster??


:roll: :roll:

Good one. I remember he tried making a come back in 05-06. failed. Tried 06-07 and failed. 07-08 CUT!

mattevans11 04-23-2009 10:42 PM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
given the choice i would liked to see Dorsey in the game. i would have actually liked if he started to bite into hayes minutes throughout the year. while his offense is weak too, i would ratehr him have the ball than Hayes. This is what i have been telling my friend all year....... at least give the rook a chance.....

i think given the chance he could prove to be a useful big off the bench. i htink i will get my chance to see him a little bit next year....

does the league grant you another playoff roster spot if someone has a season ending injury?

ElPigto 04-23-2009 10:56 PM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattevans11
given the choice i would liked to see Dorsey in the game. i would have actually liked if he started to bite into hayes minutes throughout the year. while his offense is weak too, i would ratehr him have the ball than Hayes. This is what i have been telling my friend all year....... at least give the rook a chance.....

i think given the chance he could prove to be a useful big off the bench. i htink i will get my chance to see him a little bit next year....

does the league grant you another playoff roster spot if someone has a season ending injury?


They gave him a chance, the guy has not made any progress. He sucked it up in the NBDL.

brantonli 04-24-2009 03:55 PM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
From what I have heard, Dorsey just doesn't have the 'want' to become a good NBa player, and he even sucked in the D-league, sure he might be powerfully built and strong but if you don't think the right way about playing basketball then on court you could be as useful as a sack of dung.

To be honest, I really don't like Mutombo going down (in terms of talent and backup), we may have to rely on, shudder, Brian Cook.

Q.E.C 04-24-2009 06:04 PM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
I know the Rockets were teaching Dorsey better offense, so maybe he was trying to take what the Rockets were teaching and putting it to use, but I doubt it. Hopefully he can become a good part of this team.

E.O.21 04-25-2009 03:14 AM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
This is completely of topic, so youl have to excuse me, but did you guys have to wait a long time to make a thread because i registered almost a month ago and i cant make a f*****g thread. I really got some interesting questions that i want your opinion on.

ElPigto 04-25-2009 03:26 PM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by E.O.21
This is completely of topic, so youl have to excuse me, but did you guys have to wait a long time to make a thread because i registered almost a month ago and i cant make a f*****g thread. I really got some interesting questions that i want your opinion on.


I think you have to have a certain number of posts. Probably 50 to 100 I believe.

L.Kizzle 04-26-2009 12:02 AM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPigto
I think you have to have a certain number of posts. Probably 50 to 100 I believe.

Well, he only has 3.
:oldlol:

Q.E.C 04-26-2009 12:36 AM

Re: Who would you suit up?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Well, he only has 3.
:oldlol:


LOL!! :roll:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy