Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470710)

Vino24 07-20-2019 01:21 PM

How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
I’m back gif, 360 dunks in practice, Kerr saying he’s 100% healthy. How did Curry not know that he was actually still injured?

RealSkipBayless 07-20-2019 01:24 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
This question will remain unanswered just like we don’t know MJ’s toughest finals opponent.

Vino24 07-20-2019 01:28 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
This question will remain unanswered just like we don’t know MJ’s toughest finals opponent.

:lol :lol

Micku 07-20-2019 01:31 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
This question will remain unanswered just like we don’t know MJ’s toughest finals opponent.


It's obviously "the flu" .

ArbitraryWater 07-20-2019 01:37 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
This question will remain unanswered just like we don’t know MJ’s toughest finals opponent.


:oldlol:

egokiller 07-20-2019 01:44 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Poor Vino waking up every day having to cope with 2015, 2016, and 2019 finals all being a wash due to injuries that 100% dictated who the winner would be.

Another one :roll:

Vino24 07-20-2019 01:51 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by egokiller
Poor Vino waking up every day having to cope with 2015, 2016, and 2019 finals all being a wash due to injuries that 100% dictated who the winner would be.

Another one :roll:

All you had to do was answer the question

3ball 07-20-2019 02:29 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino24
I’m back gif, 360 dunks in practice, Kerr saying he’s 100% healthy. How did Curry not know that he was actually still injured?

Kerr is not a doctor - he overestimated KD's health too, and probably endangered Curry's that year

And 360 dunks mean nothing. You can do that injured

It's more a situation of Curry's knee not being able to hold up over 2 grueling series - he was clearly debilitated in those Finals

Manny98 07-20-2019 02:43 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ball
Kerr is not a doctor - he overestimated KD's health too, and probably endangered Curry's that year

And 360 dunks mean nothing. You can do that injured

It's more a situation of Curry's knee not being able to hold up over 2 grueling series - he was clearly debilitated in those Finals

I don't know what finals you were watching but Curry does not look "debilitated" at all this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8y-GhhmIc

3ball 07-20-2019 03:10 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny98
I don't know what finals you were watching but Curry does not look "debilitated" at all this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8y-GhhmIc

The rule is that Curry was debilitated

You posted the lone exception to the rule, thus proving the rule..

Curry's knee was on fumes in that series, especially the last 3 games

Manny98 07-20-2019 03:25 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ball
The rule is that Curry was debilitated

You posted the lone exception to the rule, thus proving the rule..

Curry's knee was on fumes in that series, especially the last 3 games

That's not how injury works moron

If he was injured he would have been injured the entire series, he looked 100% in the OKC series and was moving fine in the finals

you can't just make shit up and say he was only injured when he had a bad game.

He choked simple as that

3ball 07-20-2019 04:45 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny98
That's not how injury works moron

If he was injured he would have been injured the entire series, he looked 100% in the OKC series and was moving fine in the finals

you can't just make shit up and say he was only injured when he had a bad game.

He choked simple as that

We saw his knee get injured, and when he came back, we saw it get worn out

Hey Yo 07-20-2019 04:54 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ball
The rule is that Curry was debilitated

You posted the lone exception to the rule, thus proving the rule..

Curry's knee was on fumes in that series, especially the last 3 games

So that means that Kyrie's overall performance was overrated? His 3pt shot might as well have been a completely open, uncontested shot since Curry was an alleged gimp??

Vino24 07-20-2019 04:56 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey Yo
So that means that Kyrie's overall performance was overrated? His 3pt shot might as well have been a completely open, uncontested shot since Curry was an alleged gimp??

Asking that question is like asking who MJ’s toughest competition was :oldlol:

warriorfan 07-20-2019 05:05 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ball
Kerr is not a doctor - he overestimated KD's health too, and probably endangered Curry's that year

And 360 dunks mean nothing. You can do that injured

It's more a situation of Curry's knee not being able to hold up over 2 grueling series - he was clearly debilitated in those Finals


Correct.



Quote:

Most people naturally stand in a slight valgus position, meaning they are putting a little pressure on their MCL without even trying. Playing basketball just adds to that stress, especially during quick lateral movements

said Meredith Petschauer, an exercise and sports science professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “because what you have to do in basketball all the time is plant your foot and turn in a different direction.”


The dunking before the game did not indicate that Curry was able to explode laterally and change direction...like we know he was unable to do

Manny98 07-20-2019 05:11 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ball
We saw his knee get injured, and when he came back, we saw it get worn out

Quote:

Kerr dismissed a Yahoo! Sports report that quoted a non-Warriors source as saying Curry is playing at 70 percent. "Is that 'sources with knowledge of the team's thinking?' " Kerr asked Wednesday afternoon. "Nobody has said anything about Steph being 70 percent to me. Training staff, relatives, friends, sources with knowledge of the team's thinking -- nobody has told me he's 70 percent. Evidently they told the media but not me."

"I know he's not injured -- if he were injured, he would not be playing," Kerr said. "Is he bothered a little bit, perhaps by the layoff when he went three weeks without a game? He may not be quite where he needs to be, but it's not an injury, and that's the important thing."

(…)
"He's not injured," Kerr said. "He's coming back from the knee, but he's not injured. He just had a lousy night. It happens, even to the best players in the world.""

We saw what he did the first game back from his injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JisTDNHPubM


Manny98 07-20-2019 05:19 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorfan
Correct.





The dunking before the game did not indicate that Curry was able to explode laterally and change direction...like we know he was unable to do

Currys ability to explode laterally and change direction looked completely fine..

In this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JisTDNHPubM

And this game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGi-dBtnqU8

And this game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evqpY7HNERg

And this game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8y-GhhmIc


superduper 07-20-2019 05:23 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
So Curry exclaiming his return from rehab and being in playing shape (not meaning he's not still injured) in excitement after shatting on some fools is being used to prove he wasnt injured.

Bran stans are literally on their last legs these days :oldlol:

warriorfan 07-20-2019 05:29 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny98
We saw what he did the first game back from his injury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JisTDNHPubM



Curry merely stated that “he was back”. He did not say he was “back and 100% healthy”

Hey Yo 07-20-2019 05:42 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorfan
Curry merely stated that “he was back”. He did not say he was “back and 100% healthy”

WCF he avg. the 2nd most minutes and the 2nd most FGA per game.

Finals avg. the 2nd most minutes played and the most FGA per game.

He was fine and had the biggest choke job in Finals history.

warriorfan 07-20-2019 05:48 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey Yo
WCF he avg. the 2nd most minutes and the 2nd most FGA per game.

Finals avg. the 2nd most minutes played and the most FGA per game.

He was fine and had the biggest choke job in Finals history.


Exactly

He came back from an MCL tear way too early after they were getting sunk by the Blazers and Curry had to put on the legit biggest carry in Overtime history (scored 17 points) to win the game. Came back way too soon and suffered reaggravation.

Hey Yo 07-20-2019 06:00 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorfan
Exactly

He came back from an MCL tear way too early after they were getting sunk by the Blazers and Curry had to put on the legit biggest carry in Overtime history (scored 17 points) to win the game. Came back way too soon and suffered reaggravation.

So why was he able to play so many minutes and take so many shots in the WCF and Finals?

Since 3ball got ruined and ran away...... does Curry's alleged injury mean that Kyrie's entire Finals performance is overrated?

warriorfan 07-20-2019 06:06 PM

Re: How did Curry not know that he was still injured in the 16 finals?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey Yo
So why was he able to play so many minutes and take so many shots in the WCF and Finals?

Since 3ball got ruined and ran away...... does Curry's alleged injury mean that Kyrie's entire Finals performance is overrated?


He toughed up and played as much as he could. It’s tough to say one way or another regarding Kyries stats if Curry didn’t tear his MCL in the first round. Probably the Warriors win the series and Kyrie has lesser stats.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy