Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Von Wafer has bad physical, so Grizzlies and Rockets won't sign him (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157731)

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:29 PM

Von Wafer has bad physical, so Grizzlies and Rockets won't sign him

Quote:

HOUSTON - Free Agent guard Von Wafter told FOX 26 Sports Tuesday he will re-sign with the Houston Rockets.

Wafer, who played for the Rockets last season, had signed to play with the Greek team Olympiakos.

Wafter said he paid roughly $1.2 million to get out of that contract.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...kets-von-wafer

Morey gets players at the price he wants to pay. Good job Morey for not giving into his demands in the summer. This a great signing at this price.

itsGameTime 12-22-2009 05:30 PM

Re: Von Wafer re-signs with Rockets

Great signing by the Rockets. They desperately need some scoring off the bench. :applause:

04mzwach 12-22-2009 05:31 PM

Hell yeah! Time to celebrate! Lots of people love this guy! :cheers: :banana:

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsGameTime
Great signing by the Rockets. They desperately need some scoring off the bench. :applause:

I'm guessing you don't watch the Rockets often.

The Rockets have great options from the bench, this just makes our team that much deeper.

beasted86 12-22-2009 05:33 PM

So how much did they sign him for? A veteran minimum contract for the remainder of the season is less than $1.2M.

I somehow doubt he signed for less money than his buyout. But if that's truly the case Morey = :bowdown:

itsGameTime 12-22-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElPigto
I'm guessing you don't watch the Rockets often.

The Rockets have great options from the bench, this just makes our team that much deeper.

I don't. But from the games I've seen, they do have a difficult time scoring the ball, bench or starting unit. So with Wafer back, that'll add a scoring punch to their team.

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

I don't. But from the games I've seen, they do have a difficult time scoring the ball, bench or starting unit. So with Wafer back, that'll add a scoring punch to their team.

The bench is one of the best in the league. Landry himself averages almost 17 ppg off the bench and Budinger and Lowry combine for like 17 as well, with David Andersen averaging about 6. That's a dam good bench. Our starting unit does struggle though.

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beasted86
So how much did they sign him for? A veteran minimum contract for the remainder of the season is less than $1.2M.

I somehow doubt he signed for less money than his buyout. But if that's truly the case Morey = :bowdown:

Definitely has to be the minimum since the Rockets don't have any money left from the MLE and they didn't have a BAE this year (they used it on Barry last season).

beasly15 12-22-2009 05:42 PM

this is good news, i just hope he can still play the same way when he was with us.

Quata 12-22-2009 05:49 PM

Hope it doesnt take any minutes away from chase. Id far prefer to have him in the game than Mr Wafer.

beasted86 12-22-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Definitely has to be the minimum since the Rockets don't have any money left from the MLE and they didn't have a BAE this year (they used it on Barry last season).

Why don't you think they have money left from the MLE?

The only MLE money they used was David Andersen's contract.

wang4three 12-22-2009 05:54 PM

Does this mean less minutes for Tracy?

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beasted86
Why don't you think they have money left from the MLE?

The only MLE money they used was David Andersen's contract.

They also used it for Jermaine Taylor's and Chase Budinger contract. Yes you are right though, I had completely forgot we only have Andersen for 2.3M this season adding in Taylor and Budinger 1.5M combined, that's 3.8M of the MLE.

Wow didn't even realize that. Good job looking out.

ElPigto 12-22-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
Does this mean less minutes for Tracy?

Tracy's minutes were not intended to be increased yet. Adelman has him on the 7-8 minutes per game plan still. He said Chase's injury did not change that plan.

Poodle 12-22-2009 05:59 PM

damn i could had sworn i read he was signing with Memphis this morning. i was surprised that he wasn't already signed to a team already.

D-Rose 12-22-2009 06:18 PM

**** I was hoping the Budinger injury meant more PT for McGrady but meh he'll definetly get traded or released sooner rather than later.

Lakas Fan Yo 12-22-2009 06:20 PM

The Rockets GM is retarded. This guy is a complete nutcase and loser.

rezznor 12-22-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poodle
damn i could had sworn i read he was signing with Memphis this morning. i was surprised that he wasn't already signed to a team already.

Quote:

Wafer is flying to Houston Tuesday night from Memphis, where he acknowledged he almost signed with the Memphis Grizzlies.

phoenix18 12-22-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo

You just lost all credibility.

Lakas Fan Yo 12-22-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix18
You just lost all credibility.

I'm so upset that I lost credibility with someone who never had any (you).

ElPigto 12-22-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

He helped the Rockets last year and I'm sure he can help us again this year. He is a low-risk move so who the hell cares, not like we signed him for 5M or something.

phoenix18 12-22-2009 06:24 PM

Quote:

I'm so upset that I lost credibility with someone who never had any (you).

Yup. Look at the roster now compared to before he arrived. After that, you can STFU.

brwnman 12-22-2009 06:28 PM

I thought he was signing with Memphis...

ElPigto 12-22-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brwnman
I thought he was signing with Memphis...

That's what we all though. Morey pulled a fast one.

wang4three 12-22-2009 06:30 PM

Quote:

Tracy's minutes were not intended to be increased yet. Adelman has him on the 7-8 minutes per game plan still. He said Chase's injury did not change that plan.

Mother ****er.

Lakas Fan Yo 12-22-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix18
Yup. Look at the roster now compared to before he arrived. After that, you can STFU.

6 teams, 6 coaches and they all got rid of him after he argued with them. The Rockets GM is retarded.

TheGrassIsGreen 12-22-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

6 teams, 6 coaches and they all got rid of him after he argued with them. The Rockets GM is retarded.

Nevermind the fact that he was able to put together a competitive team comprised of players no other GM would touch with a ten foot pole.

itsGameTime 12-22-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGrassIsGreen
Nevermind the fact that he was able to put together a competitive team comprised of players no other GM would touch with a ten foot pole.

A little off topic but did Morey have a chance to pickup Dejuan Blair this offseason? If he did, with his eye for talent, I'm surprised he missed out on that pickup. Still a great GM though.

ElPigto 12-22-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

I would say you are the idiot. Now go hate somewhere else.

ElPigto 12-22-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

A little off topic but did Morey have a chance to pickup Dejuan Blair this offseason? If he did, with his eye for talent, I'm surprised he missed out on that pickup. Still a great GM though.

I think he figured we had too many undersized players already. Just a guess.

ukballer 12-22-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Wafer was a loser in Europe. Unmotivated, didn't ever really try. All-round bad situation, and Von didn't act the way he should have, at all.

I have no doubt in my mind now he's back in the NBA, his motivation will be back. If he resembles the player he was for Houston last season, I say Houston got a good deal.

noob cake 12-22-2009 07:31 PM

Morey didn't want to pay Wafer 3m/year as he requested.

Now Wafer paid 1.2m to get out of his European contract so that he could come back to Morey to sigh for the min. :lol

Lakas Fan Yo 12-22-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob cake
Morey didn't want to pay Wafer 3m/year as he requested.

Now Wafer paid 1.2m to get out of his European contract so that he could come back to Morey to sigh for the min. :lol

I don't believe that is true. That just came from Wafer himself. Greek media said they let him go for no cost. So that seems totally made up. Especially that his contract for next season was a player option and that his contract contained no buyout and had an out clause for the player if he wanted to return to the NBA.

So basically there is absolutely no way he would have paid a dime to get of that contract. It's something he is making up, which again points to questionable character.

noob cake 12-22-2009 07:40 PM

Quote:

I don't believe that is true. That just came from Wafer himself. Greek media said they let him go for no cost. So that seems totally made up. Especially that his contract for next season was a player option and that his contract contained no buyout and had an out clause for the player if he wanted to return to the NBA.

So basically there is absolutely no way he would have paid a dime to get of that contract. It's something he is making up, which again points to questionable character.

Let me rephrase then; Wafer opted out of a player option in europe paying way more to sign for min at Houston.

gyu 12-22-2009 07:45 PM

Sweet :rockon:

Is he gonna be playing tonight?

Xsatyr 12-22-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyu
Sweet :rockon:

Is he gonna be playing tonight?

No, on the pregame show they said he has to pass a physical first for everything to go through.

apesta 12-22-2009 09:41 PM

im 50/50 about wafer though. he did a lot for Rockets last year, however, at times he was out of control with his game. His shoot first mentality gives the team problems at times. I remember during the Rockets-Lakers 2nd round series, Adelman had to send him to the locker room during one of the games because him and Wafer had an argument. But Wafer does suit this Adelman offense, and contribute off the bench. With Morey signing up less money, i guess its not too bad.

Lakas Fan Yo 12-23-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noob cake
Let me rephrase then; Wafer opted out of a player option in europe paying way more to sign for min at Houston.

Yes but he lied and claimed he had to pay Olympiacos a $1.2 million buyout to get out of his contract. He had no buyout on his contract. He obviously made that up to fool Rocket fans and make fools like Morey think he changed his ways.

Make no mistake he has not. Josh Childress said that he was crazy yelling at coaches in practice and refusing to even listen to what they or other players asked him to do. Like pass the ball or play defense. He refused and when the coaches got mad he would yell at them and then knock stuff over and throw things and then he would run to the locker room and shower while practice was still going on.

And this cat was making $5 million a year and he acted that way. Now Rockets fans think he will suddenly be on good behavior making the NBA minimum? Hell no. This guy has some talent for sure but he's a complete psycho.

gyu 12-23-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Yes but he lied and claimed he had to pay Olympiacos a $1.2 million buyout to get out of his contract. He had no buyout on his contract. He obviously made that up to fool Rocket fans and make fools like Morey think he changed his ways.

Make no mistake he has not. Josh Childress said that he was crazy yelling at coaches in practice and refusing to even listen to what they or other players asked him to do. Like pass the ball or play defense. He refused and when the coaches got mad he would yell at them and then knock stuff over and throw things and then he would run to the locker room and shower while practice was still going on.

And this cat was making $5 million a year and he acted that way. Now Rockets fans think he will suddenly be on good behavior making the NBA minimum? Hell no. This guy has some talent for sure but he's a complete psycho.

Like Ron Artest was suppose to act when he came to Houston right? But when he went to L.A. you guys changed your opinions all of a sudden :ohwell:
And why wouldn't he act like he did in Houston before (more under control, etc.)? I know he wasn't the perfect player to coach in Houston since he did have an incident with Adelman but he was under control for the most part, and the fact that he chose to come back to Houston over Memphis should mean something.

Lakas Fan Yo 12-23-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyu
Like Ron Artest was suppose to act when he came to Houston right? But when he went to L.A. you guys changed your opinions all of a sudden :ohwell:
And why wouldn't he act like he did in Houston before (more under control, etc.)? I know he wasn't the perfect player to coach in Houston since he did have an incident with Adelman but he was under control for the most part, and the fact that he chose to come back to Houston over Memphis should mean something.

Everyone knows Artest is crazy though. So I don't see your point. Are you saying Lakers fans don't know Artest is nuts?