Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did anybody see Dance Flick? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133236)

picc84 05-26-2009 11:46 PM

Did anybody see Dance Flick?

How was it? I want to check this out, I see every Wayans bros. movie no matter how stupid it is.

Jackass18 05-27-2009 02:03 AM

Re: Did anybody see Dance Flick?

It looks fucking terrible and it's getting bad reviews/low ratings, so what do you think?

answer 05-27-2009 03:30 AM

it will probably be as good as meet the spartans

The Magic Man 05-27-2009 10:53 AM

Okay, in terms of spoof movies, it was aight. The Wayans Bros know silly comedy. That's what they do. There were parts that made you yawn but there were a few parts that damn near made me squirt a few drops of pee out. The camel Toe lady was hilarious. I'd rank it after Scary Movie 1 and 2. No where near the legendary flicks "I'm Gone Git You...." or Don't Be a Menace...".

picc84 05-27-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
It looks fucking terrible and it's getting bad reviews/low ratings, so what do you think?

Thanks for the help, there.

picc84 05-27-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Okay, in terms of spoof movies, it was aight. The Wayans Bros know silly comedy. That's what they do. There were parts that made you yawn but there were a few parts that damn near made me squirt a few drops of pee out. The camel Toe lady was hilarious. I'd rank it after Scary Movie 1 and 2. No where near the legendary flicks "I'm Gone Git You...." or Don't Be a Menace...".

Thats cool, it doesnt have to be at those movies level to entertain me. I usually like their humor anyway, even though most others don't. If it was a standard Wayans Bros flick I think i'll be ok.

B-Low 05-27-2009 01:46 PM

honestly it doesn't look as bad as the non-wayans spoof movies (date movie, meet the spartans, epic movie, disaster movie). Mainly because it sticks to one theme, dance movies. The other ones are stupid because they dont have any point, theyre just random references to recent pop culture things. This one seems more like Scary movie and Not Another Teen Movie (my favorite spoof one of the last decade) cuz it actually seems like it makes sense

ukplayer4 05-27-2009 06:15 PM

it cannot be as bad as disaster movie, that was the all time worst film i have EVER seen.

Dasher 05-27-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukplayer4
it cannot be as bad as disaster movie, that was the all time worst film i have EVER seen.

The great ukplayer4, actually sat through such filth? I did not think a fellow as cultured as yourself would expose himself to such rubbish. The potential to dumb down your advanced sensibilities is too great.

L.Kizzle 05-27-2009 09:08 PM

Will see it soon, I'm a major Wayans Brother's mark. These dudes own the spoof genre ...

I'm Gonna Git U Sucka!
Don't Be a Menace To South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood
Scary Movie
Scary Movie 2
White Chicks

blasian 05-27-2009 10:55 PM

Have no plans on seeing it, but that one scene where Shawn Wayons "picks up" his son is hilarious

statman32 05-28-2009 04:53 AM

I'm just going to assume this is as bad as the one where Shawn played a baby and not see it