Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430554)

tpols 04-24-2017 04:36 PM

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)
 
The bucks will get swept by Cleveland. Raps at least have a small sliver of hope that the trash brothers could finally have a good series

JebronLames 04-24-2017 06:51 PM

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tpols
The bucks will get swept by Cleveland. Raps at least have a small sliver of hope that the trash brothers could finally have a good series

They had a good series last year. Idiot. :roll:

Dro 04-24-2017 07:41 PM

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)
 
Its weird, the Cavs won the series by a combined total of 16 points. And were down 26 in one game. I dunno, their defense is still horrible to me but they step it up when it matters and they do a good job of taking certain things away still. Even though they gave up 100 points in each game, they still limited CJ Miles, Teague to a certain extent and they didn't really let anyone go off other than PG.

RedBlackAttack 04-24-2017 09:24 PM

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dro
Its weird, the Cavs won the series by a combined total of 16 points. And were down 26 in one game. I dunno, their defense is still horrible to me but they step it up when it matters and they do a good job of taking certain things away still. Even though they gave up 100 points in each game, they still limited CJ Miles, Teague to a certain extent and they didn't really let anyone go off other than PG.

...and one thing none of the pundits seem to be discussing in their over-analyzing of the Cavs' weaknesses (which exist, no doubt) is that their offensive rating was the best of any team in the first round by a good margin.

Not everything is rosy and I think they could potentially lose in the East this year, if due to nothing else than mental/physical fatigue ... but the things that the Cavs do well, they do REALLY well. The LBJ/Kyrie P&R with Love and Korver/JR spotting up and TT rolling behind them is arguably the most potent half-court offensive set in these playoffs, by any team.

They do tend to get into shootouts where they will just try to outscore the opponent and that's a problem. They also tend to do the least amount possible to skate by with a win, which won't work against the most elite competition.

But, the way some people talk about this team is over-the-top. They're still really f#cking good.

r15mohd 04-25-2017 10:58 AM

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)
 
Quote:


NBA: LeBron James got away with travelling before go-ahead 3-pointer in Cavaliersí Game 4 win over Pacers

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-leb...131101620.html

not that it changes the outcome of the series - maybe just this 1 game as a win for the Pacers. however PG checked out on it much earlier so not even sure if that's a possibility too :confusedshrug:

Dro 04-25-2017 05:47 PM

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
...and one thing none of the pundits seem to be discussing in their over-analyzing of the Cavs' weaknesses (which exist, no doubt) is that their offensive rating was the best of any team in the first round by a good margin.

Not everything is rosy and I think they could potentially lose in the East this year, if due to nothing else than mental/physical fatigue ... but the things that the Cavs do well, they do REALLY well. The LBJ/Kyrie P&R with Love and Korver/JR spotting up and TT rolling behind them is arguably the most potent half-court offensive set in these playoffs, by any team.

They do tend to get into shootouts where they will just try to outscore the opponent and that's a problem. They also tend to do the least amount possible to skate by with a win, which won't work against the most elite competition.

But, the way some people talk about this team is over-the-top. They're still really f#cking good.

Yeah definitely, their offense is awesome and Lebron is the man. Anybody still hating on him needs to stfu.

MiseryCityTexas 04-29-2017 04:15 AM

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)
 
I'm sick of hearing people say Lebron has no post up game. All Lebron did in Miami was post defenders up.

Hey Yo 04-29-2017 01:20 PM

Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Indiana Pacers (7)
 
Why is this first round series (and others) still stuck to the top of the page when it's been over?

Raps vs. Cavs round 2.....the thread has already been made!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy