Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Booker vs Mitchell? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453378)

kurple 07-21-2018 05:01 AM

Booker vs Mitchell?
 
I think Mitchell was better than anythin i have seen from Booker. But i seriously think he could take a significant step back this upcoming season

DeRozan m8 07-21-2018 05:02 AM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
I hope he doesn't, love the kid, so entertaining, and has the X factor, can turn a game on its head.

The future is bright.

CakeorDeath 07-21-2018 10:15 AM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
All indications from inside the Jazz organization and from local media is that Mitchell is an absolute gym rat, his work ethic is stupid high, and he's extremely coachable. He's said multiple times that he has no intention of hitting the sophomore slump.

Summer workouts so far look good. Check out the two videos here:

https://thejnotes.com/2018/07/19/uta...hris-brickley/

That jump shot is just so balanced, effortless, and smooth. Glad he's working on the mid range pullup, as that was by and large missing from his game last year.

Charlie Sheen 07-21-2018 10:59 AM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurple
I think Mitchell was better than anythin i have seen from Booker. But i seriously think he could take a significant step back this upcoming season

Why do you think Mitchell could take a significant step back? What is the better than anything you've seen from Booker?

StrongLurk 07-21-2018 11:59 AM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Booker last year was better than Mitchell, no doubt.

This year is tbd.

Cali Syndicate 07-21-2018 12:20 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Why do you think Mitchell could take a significant step back? What is the better than anything you've seen from Booker?


Led his team to a +.500 record. Had a very solid playoffs debut. Booker is the better scorer. Mitchell already looking like the better player.

hold this L 07-21-2018 12:23 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
It's tough to say because Mitchell has the much better coach and much better team. If the roles were reversed for example, Booker would be shining. I'll say Mitchell is more complete because he plays defense (and is asked of him to do), but Booker was better overall last year. He is quietly turning into one of the best scorers in the league since last season.

Also funny to hear, but Booker is apparently the biggest trash talker in the NBA according to several players :lol:

Xiao Yao You 07-21-2018 12:42 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hold this L
It's tough to say because Mitchell has the much better coach and much better team. If the roles were reversed for example, Booker would be shining. I'll say Mitchell is more complete because he plays defense (and is asked of him to do), but Booker was better overall last year. He is quietly turning into one of the best scorers in the league since last season.

Also funny to hear, but Booker is apparently the biggest trash talker in the NBA according to several players :lol:


Booker wouldn't be playing for the Jazz. If you don't try to defend or at least went to Duke you don't play.

The only way I can see Mitchell getting worse is because of his supporting cast or an injury. They need shooters. Instead they brought back the same team that made life tough on Mitchell, Gobert and Ingles with their lack of spacing and couldn't get past Houston.

FireDavidKahn 07-21-2018 12:49 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Mitchell.

tamaraw08 07-21-2018 12:57 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Led his team to a +.500 record. Had a very solid playoffs debut. Booker is the better scorer. Mitchell already looking like the better player.

I understand he was great but the question is did he REALLY lead that team to major success or their great team defense and discipline?:(
Replace him with Kemba or Jrue Holiday or Gary Harris etc would there be significant drop off?

Charlie Sheen 07-21-2018 01:11 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Led his team to a +.500 record. Had a very solid playoffs debut. Booker is the better scorer. Mitchell already looking like the better player.

Not taking anything away from Mitchell, but is it really fair to say he led the Jazz to a +.500 record? Rudy is the identity of that team.

Kokoškov is going to be the 4th head coach in Booker's 4 years in Phoenix. I'm not even sure we've scratched the surface of what Booker can be yet.

DMAVS41 07-21-2018 01:15 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Mitchell.

This isn't even close really. Booker doesn't defend at all and doesn't really make players around him better yet.

I still really like Booker, but Mitchell's ceiling is just considerably higher already from what he showed as a rookie.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../devin-booker/
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ovan-mitchell/

hold this L 07-21-2018 01:24 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Booker wouldn't be playing for the Jazz. If you don't try to defend or at least went to Duke you don't play.

The only way I can see Mitchell getting worse is because of his supporting cast or an injury. They need shooters. Instead they brought back the same team that made life tough on Mitchell, Gobert and Ingles with their lack of spacing and couldn't get past Houston.

Booker is literally carrying the entire offense. It would be different if he had others sometimes taking turns on offense to rest and play defense, while being coached by one of the best in the business. Situation matters, it's not black and white like you're saying it.

Xiao Yao You 07-21-2018 01:26 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hold this L
Booker is literally carrying the entire offense. It would be different if he had others sometimes taking turns on offense to rest and play defense, while being coached by one of the best in the business. Situation matters, it's not black and white like you're saying it.


Mitchell was carrying the Jazz offense with one shooter around him! He also had time to compete on D. Something that is foreign to Booker.

PejaNowitzki 07-21-2018 02:04 PM

Re: Booker vs Mitchell?
 
It'll be interesting to see what Booker can do with some legit coaching and talent around him. Utah vs Phoenix in the playoffs sometime in the next few years would be fun. Booker vs Mitchell. Ayton vs Gobert.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy