Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   We should trade Bosh for Melo this summer... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124695)

HalphbreedBaller 03-15-2009 08:36 PM

We should trade Bosh for Melo this summer...

We should trade Bosh for Melo this summer...& then Kapono For Philly's Reggie Evans both of these trades work on the trade machine and both are realistic trades.

Look at the starting line up ?

Jose/Parker/Ukic/Banks
Melo/Delfino/Parker
Marion/Graham/
Pops/Evans/Hump
AB/Pops/O'Bryant

Melo is as good a 1st option were gonna get for Bosh and his contract runs longer now...

Toni 03-15-2009 09:00 PM

Re: We should trade Bosh for Melo this summer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller
We should trade Bosh for Melo this summer...& then Kapono For Philly's Reggie Evans both of these trades work on the trade machine and both are realistic trades.

Jose/Parker/Ukic/Banks
Melo/Delfino/Parker
Marion/Graham/
Pops/Evans/Hump
AB/Pops/O'Bryant

Melo is as good a 1st option were gonna get for Bosh and his contract runs longer now...

Let's do it. Melo has WAY more talent than Bosh ever will. His off the court issues are a bit of a concern though.

Chamberlain 03-15-2009 09:09 PM

If you make this trade, you don't bring Marion back.

You use the money that he made to try to sign either some depth up front, or an impact shooting guard, or a combination of the both.

Tool 03-15-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HalphbreedBaller

Jose/Parker/Ukic/Banks
Melo/Delfino/Parker
Marion/Graham/
Pops/Evans/Hump
AB/Pops/O'Bryant

Melo is a 3 not a twO AND no way is PHilly taking that ugly contract

HalphbreedBaller 03-15-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tool
Melo is a 3 not a twO AND no way is PHilly taking that ugly contract

Evans contract is 1 year longer so which is worse?

Plus Philly is dead last in 3 point shooting.

HalphbreedBaller 03-15-2009 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
If you make this trade, you don't bring Marion back.

You use the money that he made to try to sign either some depth up front, or an impact shooting guard, or a combination of the both.

Hmmmm Marion, Gordon or Barnes?

I pick Marion!

Plus Marion can guard 2's 3's & 4's

& on Defence he and Melo can switch.

Of course Melo will be playing out of position, well he is not a normal 3 anyways he has ball skills like a shooting guard. And with Marion & Pops there to rebound Melo can make more plays for others and spend a little less time rebounding.

I feel it would be a win win for both teams.

Plus Kenyon Martin is more of a bench player now and there never going get starter minutes out of him any more...slid Kleiza to the starting 3 and Denver is set & so are we!

Dr.Funk 03-15-2009 10:07 PM

I just don't think that Melo is a guy that you make the focal point of your team. He's a fantastic scorer and a decent rebounder but I honestly prefer Bosh as a cornerstone man than Melo.

HalphbreedBaller 03-15-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I just don't think that Melo is a guy that you make the focal point of your team. He's a fantastic scorer and a decent rebounder but I honestly prefer Bosh as a cornerstone man than Melo.

Melo needs a fresh start and Bosh isn't gonna get us to the championship by him self trust me there is more upside to Melo!! And he can win games in the clutch for you...

Chamberlain 03-15-2009 10:18 PM

I feel Bosh and Melo have the same problem in that they aren't capable of being a leader of a great team.

HalphbreedBaller 03-15-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I feel Bosh and Melo have the same problem in that they aren't capable of being a leader of a great team.

So then let's swap them and just see what happens?!?!?

new noise 03-15-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

I tend to think their numbers will be similar for their careers, give or take a couple more rebounds for Bosh and a few more points for Melo. Seems like it'd end up being a pretty lateral move more than anything.

It'd be interesting to see what Melo could do with a playmaking PG in Calderon, though. He averaged close to 30 with Steve Blake a few years ago.

RapsFan 03-15-2009 10:37 PM

:roll:

Pops is already a starter now in the NBA I see!! Gotta love the Raptor fans purple blinders.

HalphbreedBaller 03-15-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RapsFan

Pops is already a starter now in the NBA I see!! Gotta love the Raptor fans purple blinders.

Well realistically he needs more games to prove himself but if he continues the way he's going it's going to make trading Chris bosh much more of a plan!

Toni 03-15-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RapsFan

The dude is ridiculously efficient. If this is a consistent trend he should be a starter for sure.

Against Indiana;

22 Minutes
21 Points (5/10 FG, 11/13 FT)
8 Rebounds

:rockon:

danumber88 03-15-2009 11:58 PM

Shipping out Calderon is a must, if there is a way we could acquire billups in the trade it would be awesome. As a picture, it looks weak defensively.. as much as I like Melo. I'd like to have both (impossible) on the team. Bosh/Melo would be really offensive. And melo doesn't play the SG spot.