Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If you're still saying KD > Curry, you're ignorant (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447297)

ArbitraryWater 03-11-2018 06:37 PM

If you're still saying KD > Curry, you're ignorant

Warriors look blatantly worse without Curry than without Durant.

So I double dare ya mofo... double dare ya!

Don't be ignorant. Durant doesn't have that kind of impact.

BTW: -19 and 11-32?

nba_55 03-11-2018 06:45 PM

Re: If you're still saying KD > Curry, you're ignorant

Curry is their MVP by far. GSW would still be contenders without Durant. Without Curry, they are pretenders like the Blazers, Wolves, etc.

Bill Russell 03-11-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nba_55
Curry is their MVP by far. GSW would still be contenders without Durant. Without Curry, they are pretenders like the Blazers, Wolves, etc.

If you really believe they'd only be on the level of the Blazers, Wolves, etc... you are a prisoner of the moment and or a straight up asshole.

Curry is their best player, because Curry is the best player in the league, but Draymond is their leader and his skillset is most unique on the team... Draymond is the one guy that they can't lose... at all.

Milbuck 03-11-2018 06:48 PM

Past two seasons combined, including playoffs:

No Curry: 13-7
No Durant: 25-5

Curry also has the advantage in virtually every impact metric too..RPM, RAPM, net rating, net on/off, etc. In many cases the gap is pretty big.

I still think it's a fair discussion who's a better overall player in a vacuum, but at this point there is pretty much zero argument against Curry being more valuable to the Warriors specifically. How many other teams that extends to if you put them on different teams.. is a question though.

Bankaii 03-11-2018 06:54 PM

KD is better than Curry as an overall basketball player.
On a bad to decent team, Iíd pick KD 10/10 times.
But on an already great team, specifically the Warriors who are predicated on ball movement and 3 point shooting, Curry is more impactful.

I donít think anyone argued KD was more valuable than Curry, just better.

nba_55 03-11-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Russell
If you really believe they'd only be on the level of the Blazers, Wolves, etc... you are a prisoner of the moment and or a straight up asshole.

Curry is their best player, because Curry is the best player in the league, but Draymond is their leader and his skillset is most unique on the team... Draymond is the one guy that they can't lose... at all.

You really think Warriors would rather lose Curry than Green? :lol

egokiller 03-11-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

He certainly does. :oldlol:

CuterThanRubio 03-11-2018 06:59 PM

We knew this already, only trolls say otherwise

sbw19 03-11-2018 06:59 PM

They are no where near as good in dictating tempo when Curry isn't available (as they don't have a good backup who's 3pt threat.) Also, a lot of their PnR and set plays rely on him being on the floor. His absence as a 3pt threat also makes them easier to defend on the perimeter.

In the playoffs though, when the pace of action slows down and you need a reliable weapon to go to, Durant is just as valuable if not more.

Bill Russell 03-11-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankaii
On a bad to decent team, I’d pick KD 10/10 times.
But on an already great team, specifically the Warriors who are predicated on ball movement and 3 point shooting, Curry is more impactful.

I don’t think anyone argued KD was more valuable than Curry, just better.

I used to think this but I just can't support it anymore.

Curry is serviceable defensively, despite his reputation.

He's also the best scorer in the league and it's not even remotely close. He doesn't dominate the ball, he consistently looks to get teammates involved, and he's a realistic threat from like 6 feet after crossing half court. His handles allow him to consistently get into the paint.

He can get his own shot in isolation and he's great at running off of screens to free himself up. His release is probably the fastest in the league and yet unbelievably the most accurate.

Curry is the best player in the league. I'm not exactly sure when it happened, but it's probably been within the last 12-18 months sometime as LeBron continues to dwindle defensively and athletically.

The *ONLY* knock on Curry is durability.

Quote:

When did I say anything about what the Warriors would rather lose?

Quote:

Originally Posted by egokiller
He certainly does. :oldlol:

I do? You're not smart. At all. You're dumb. Stop.

hold this L 03-11-2018 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankaii
On a bad to decent team, I’d pick KD 10/10 times.

I don’t think anyone argued KD was more valuable than Curry, just better.

And you would be wrong and a terrible GM. Curry can make bums better than any player in the league. Even on last year's down year, there was a chart that showed a stratospheric rise in how players play with him on the court. In most cases, the arrow on shooting % sky rocketed. Curry can average 30 and improve every player in the team and ensure they are all better. KD will improve the defense due to individual brilliance and that's it.

KD is not better than Curry, and he hasn't been for a few seasons. He can do more things than Steph, he's an elite defender, 2 way player beast and arguably top 3 of the best rim protectors in the league. But KD has many games I noticed when he hits 30-40 point games and the team barely squeaks by and wins. Steph does it, it's almost a win every single time. Because unlike any player in the league, when he eats he makes sure everyone else eats at the same.

KD is the 3rd best player in the league, Curry is the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milbuck
Past two seasons combined, including playoffs:

No Curry: 13-7
No Durant: 25-5

Curry also has the advantage in virtually every impact metric too..RPM, RAPM, net rating, net on/off, etc. In many cases the gap is pretty big.

I still think it's a fair discussion who's a better overall player in a vacuum, but at this point there is pretty much zero argument against Curry being more valuable to the Warriors specifically. How many other teams that extends to if you put them on different teams.. is a question though.

You sure it's 5 losses? Pretty sure it's 4.

Bill Russell 03-11-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hold this L
And you would be wrong and a terrible GM. Curry can make bums better than any player in the league. Even on last year's down year, there was a chart that showed a stratospheric rise in how players play with him on the court. In most cases, the arrow on shooting % sky rocketed. Curry can average 30 and improve every player in the team and ensure they are all better. KD will improve the defense due to individual brilliance and that's it.

KD is not better than Curry, and he hasn't been for a few seasons. He can do more things than Steph, he's an elite defender, 2 way player beast and arguably top 3 of the best rim protectors in the league. But KD has many games I noticed when he hits 30-40 point games and the team barely squeaks by and wins. Steph does it, it's almost a win every single time. Because unlike any player in the league, when he eats he makes sure everyone else eats at the same.

KD is the 3rd best player in the league, Curry is the best.

I'm not sure... I think KD is probably the second best. But yeah, Curry is the best. As painful as it is to admit, Harden is 3.

LeBron is 4... can't justify anything more than that at this point... he's getting old. It is what it is.

hold this L 03-11-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Russell
I'm not sure... I think KD is probably the second best. But yeah, Curry is the best. As painful as it is to admit, Harden is 3.

LeBron is 4... can't justify anything more than that at this point... he's getting old. It is what it is.

Ehh I can't do that yet until Harden proves it in the playoffs. Dude has had the GOAT meltdowns in the last few years in the playoffs. Lebron is at worst 3rd best. Harden has to prove more than either of those 3 superstars these years.

HenryGarfunkle 03-11-2018 07:10 PM

Durant is 100x better than Curry.

Durant coasts in the regular season, while Curry stat-pads in the regular season

That's like saying Harden > LeBron because he has superior reg season numbers

Meanwhile Durant is gonna sweep the FMVP votes again while Curry goes 0/44 :lol

better though :roll:

Milbuck 03-11-2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hold this L
You sure it's 5 losses? Pretty sure it's 4.

Ya 4 last year, 1 this year to Sacramento. Now that I look at it, Curry missed that one too so I guess it balances out.