Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Give credit where credit is due: Atlanta Hawks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261096)

AI3Anthony 04-26-2012 10:38 PM

Give credit where credit is due: Atlanta Hawks

I know the "cool" thing to say to this thread is "nobody cares about the Hawks" .. "The Hawks are boring.." etc, etc.. But the Atlanta Hawks just finished the season 40-26, which is basically the equivalent of a 50 win season. Al Horford only played in about 10% of those games. Once he went down the Hawks were given absolutely no chance. Some said they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Well look where they are now.. 5th seed, with home court advantage first round. Al is still out and Zaza will miss a few playoff games. This team has been hit with the ultimate injury bug and continues to persevere and go about their business. The Hawks will make noise come playoff time.

Go Hawks!

AngelEyes 04-26-2012 10:42 PM

Re: Give credit where credit is due: Atlanta Hawks

Quote:

Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
I know the "cool" thing to say to this thread is "nobody cares about the Hawks" .. "The Hawks are boring.." etc, etc.. But the Atlanta Hawks just finished the season 40-26, which is basically the equivalent of a 50 win season. Al Horford only played in about 10% of those games. Once he went down the Hawks were given absolutely no chance. Some said they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Well look where they are now.. 5th seed, with home court advantage first round. Al is still out and Zaza will miss a few playoff games. This team has been hit with the ultimate injury bug and continues to persevere and go about their business. The Hawks will make noise come playoff time.

Go Hawks!

They'll be bounced in the first round.

TylerOO 04-26-2012 10:44 PM

Who they play first round? Boston? Bounced.

NBA4EVER 04-26-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerOO
Who they play first round? Boston? Bounced.

Not saying this just cause I'm a Hawks fan but based on the past few playoff appearances I think they have an advantage on the Celtics mainly due to the fact that they have home court advantage.

Hawks are a different team at home during the playoffs

marion706 04-26-2012 10:56 PM

smh! No one likes the hawks for some reason

tmacattack33 04-26-2012 10:56 PM

I'll give credit to the playoffs, but the organization as a whole gets no love for me.

It's baffling how long they have sat at the "so close to great, but not quite there" level without making a move to try to become a contender. Ridiculous. What's it like 5 straight years now of them being 4th or 5th seed in the East? LOL.

J-Futuristic 04-26-2012 10:57 PM

Hell all we need is Zaza and I like our chances.

AngelEyes 04-26-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmacattack33
I'll give credit to the playoffs, but the organization as a whole gets no love for me.

It's baffling how long they have sat at the "so close to great, but not quite there" level without making a move to try to become a contender. Ridiculous. What's it like 5 straight years now of them being 4th or 5th seed in the East? LOL.

The window is closing rapidly

chips93 04-26-2012 11:00 PM

:applause:

props to the hawks on a good season

they surpassed most people's reasonable expectations.

Real Men Wear Green 04-26-2012 11:02 PM

I do respect the way they overcame Horford's injury.

AngelEyes 04-26-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chips93
:applause:

props to the hawks on a good season

they surpassed most people's reasonable expectations.

I thought the objective was to win a championship or to at least compete to win a championship?

chips93 04-26-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelEyes
I thought the objective was to win a championship or to at least compete to win a championship?

i never mentioned objective

:confusedshrug:

they surpassed expectations

AMISTILLILL 04-26-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
Not saying this just cause I'm a Hawks fan but based on the past few playoff appearances I think they have an advantage on the Celtics mainly due to the fact that they have home court advantage.

Hawks are a different team at home during the playoffs

vinsane01 04-26-2012 11:10 PM

The celtics are obviously not the same team but they stepped it up a notch to finish a strong 4th seed (5th seed actually). So i think this is going to be an interesting series. I didnt know the hawks are playing without horford and zaza too, so im surprised they managed to stay on top of the pack. Respect.

r15mohd 04-26-2012 11:16 PM

Hawks have a great chance being that Allen isn't healthy and Pierce is a lil beat up...they can surely win the series. Will it give them the momentum to advance further tho, I doubt it...but best of luck ATL!