Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299861)

Immortal Bum 05-14-2013 04:28 AM

does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.

Patrick Chewing 05-14-2013 04:30 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Vaguely. I used to think it was gross. I remember Blimpie commercials though.

mrpuente 05-14-2013 04:42 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
I actually asked someone this the other day while waiting at subway. I asked "Do you remember when Subway used to cut the bread differently?" He didnt remember. Does anyone remember this or am I going crazy?

Immortal Bum 05-14-2013 04:50 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
oh shit, lmao, did they rreally?

PHX_Phan 05-14-2013 05:09 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Vaguely. I used to think it was gross. I remember Blimpie commercials though.


I saw a Blimpie commercial the other day and made a comment about how I couldn't remember the last time I had seen one.

It was pretty terrible. The sub looked like what you'd actually get, which is cool that they are being honest with advertising, but at least dress it up a little and make it look appetizing for a damn commercial.

qrich 05-14-2013 05:10 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Togos tops all :oldlol:

secund2nun 05-14-2013 05:14 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpuente
I actually asked someone this the other day while waiting at subway. I asked "Do you remember when Subway used to cut the bread differently?" He didnt remember. Does anyone remember this or am I going crazy?


It was cut different back then. The top cut of the bread was thin and much smaller. But now they are cheap and put less meat and filling so they replaced the top cut style and have bigger bread.

InspiredLebowski 05-14-2013 05:14 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpuente
I actually asked someone this the other day while waiting at subway. I asked "Do you remember when Subway used to cut the bread differently?" He didnt remember. Does anyone remember this or am I going crazy?

I worked at Subway in high school. They used to tell you to kind of cut a wedge out of the top of the bread, now it's just cut down the middle hoagie style.

And Subway sucks by the way. It's lunch meat, literally.

mrpuente 05-14-2013 05:21 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Yeh I remember like it was a triangle they cut out of the top and loaded everything under it. Also not that long ago they had the subway stamps. A friend of mine had achieved an entire roll. We had so much subway it was ridiculous.

mrpuente 05-14-2013 05:24 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I worked at Subway in high school. They used to tell you to kind of cut a wedge out of the top of the bread, now it's just cut down the middle hoagie style.

And Subway sucks by the way. It's lunch meat, literally.

Yeh, I worked at an actual deli, and we sliced everything. You can tell the difference from lettuce in a bag and lettuce sliced from the head. My boss even had a bakery and made our bread. I still go there when Im in town.

Jackass18 05-14-2013 05:27 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Yes, I remember it. I remember wondering why that tool kept putting himself in every commercial.

Balla_Status 05-14-2013 05:33 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
I actually do and I recall Subway tasting a hell of a lot better too, before Jared.

The walls inside Subway had a shit ton of New York photos.

Balla_Status 05-14-2013 05:34 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
Yes, I remember it. I remember wondering why that tool kept putting himself in every commercial.


Subway put him in there. I would too for money.

InspiredLebowski 05-14-2013 05:35 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpuente
Yeh, I worked at an actual deli, and we sliced everything. You can tell the difference from lettuce in a bag and lettuce sliced from the head. My boss even had a bakery and made our bread. I still go there when Im in town.

Yeah, every ingredient at Subway comes pre-packaged in plastic. Like I said, it's literally lunch meat, was when I worked there 10+ years ago anyway.

SevereUpInHere 05-14-2013 05:55 AM

Re: does anyone remember Subway before Jarred? Think about that for a second.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
I actually do and I recall Subway tasting a hell of a lot better too, before Jared.

The walls inside Subway had a shit ton of New York photos.



We haven't had Subway in Australia as long as you guys have and all the ones I've seen still have the NYC pics.

And holy crap, I remember they used to cut that wedge out of the top! What a trip, that's one of those things I wouldn't have thought about in 10 years


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy