Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Upcoming Coach ! if you are BC! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111740)

Sekman 12-03-2008 08:32 PM

Upcoming Coach ! if you are BC!

who do you want the next coach to be?
and
who do you think BC will approach? (realistically)

just throwing some names out there

E. Jordan
Jeff Van Gundy
Avery Johnson
PJ C-mo
Triano

Rudy-T? (what happen to him)

TheGame 12-03-2008 09:11 PM

Re: Upcoming Coach ! if you are BC!

Jeff Van Gundy has my vote he's a defensive coach we need!

keantona 12-03-2008 09:37 PM

Not very enthusiastic about anyone on that list; I guess Avery.

MasterKey68 12-03-2008 09:52 PM

I don't know enough about anyone out there to make an educated decision. I'll say Eddie Jordan buut let's see how Triano effects the team first.

pocketWs 12-03-2008 11:17 PM

I watch more college ball so this comes from my little fantasy world... Give Rick Pitino a second shot in the NBA, Coach K (But Duke is MY team can't see him go), Bring out the big $$$ for Billy Donovan, Ben Howland would bring amazing D. And Finally just for kicks, no pun intended, Bobby Knight!!

On a more serious note, I honnestly think that Brian Colangelo will try to stick with Jay Triano at least until the end of season and bringing in some European coach as assistant to take the helms come next season.

Sekman 12-03-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocketWs
I watch more college ball so this comes from my little fantasy world... Give Rick Pitino a second shot in the NBA, Coach K (But Duke is MY team can't see him go), Bring out the big $$$ for Billy Donovan, Ben Howland would bring amazing D. And Finally just for kicks, no pun intended, Bobby Knight!!

On a more serious note, I honnestly think that Brian Colangelo will try to stick with Jay Triano at least until the end of season and bringing in some European coach as assistant to take the helms come next season.

there are three ricks that come to mind

rick pitino
rick carlse
rick adelmann

new noise 12-04-2008 12:36 AM

Why wouldn't Flip Saunders be on that list?

Sekman 12-04-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new noise
Why wouldn't Flip Saunders be on that list?

he most definitely should be.. that's why i started the thread.. to hear what good coaches are out there..

but then again , if BC sticks with Triano.. -----> :cry:

Jalen5 12-04-2008 12:57 AM

If i was BC, I will do everything I can to get Coach K.

Chamberlain 12-04-2008 01:08 AM

I don't think theres any way Coach K leaves Duke until he retires.

Qwyjibo 12-04-2008 01:39 AM

Jay Triano.

Seriously, I think he'll be it until Mitchell's contract comes off the books in 2 years is it? This might be one mistake Colangelo has to live with, especially if he wants to go into the luxury tax this season.

Chamberlain 12-04-2008 01:53 AM

I beleive his contract is on the books for this season and the next 2. I really think a new coach will be hired in the off season though.

Sekman 12-04-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen5

I am sure coach K makes same if not more $$ than Phil Jackson

The_Night_Elf 12-04-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen5

I think Coach K is one of the top coaches anywhere but I can't see him taking the Raps job when he even turned down the Lakers job a few years ago. Now he can go around telling recruits "that's right son, I gave up a chance to coach Kobe Bryant to coach a kid like you..." :D

huppcap 12-04-2008 11:16 AM

Ivaraoni all the way!

Some of the armchair GMs in here turned me onto him a couple of years ago. Man he has a connection with Colangelo because he was the assistant in Phoenix.

Just have to wait until he gets fired for leading his team to such a crappy record. Funny how the Ivaraoni bandwagon has been silenced in here. lol

Goes to show how much armchair GMs know. lol